User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #161
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Léoflic grinned as Mayonnette and Hama told them all to pack up simutaneously. "This is actually quite funny," he thought happily. "A comic relief moment in fact."

He gathered up his belongings and went over to Aldor. "Well, now that that moment has passed, time to think of more pressing matter..." misery etching on his face. "There is so much to think about, but so little time..."

He kept searching his past, attempting to remember who Zach is. "I know I've seen him, I just know it!! But how?"

Then it hit him. "The man who took care of me! The one who took me in when my mother passed away! That's where! Zach came over a few times. But why?"

He dropped his belongings and ran over to Mayonnette and the General. "Mayonnette, could I have a word with you. It's quite important."
Old 09-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #162
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Mayonette looked at the map and noticed it wasn't your typical map. She looked up at Hama solemnly. What did she think of the map?

"I think the map is genuine and can help lead us to Sandrina. I do believe that this map is truthful and for that we need to be careful. Who knows who else has a map like this," Mayonette responded.

Leoflic came to her side, requesting a moment. She nodded and indicated to the group that she would be back in a moment. She allowed Leoflic to lead her away from the group.

"What is it Leoflic? You seem ill at ease. Speak, what is troubling you?" Mayonette asked softly. There was a worry etched into her features. What could he know within his heart that was troubling him so?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #163
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Thomas was too busy readying the horses so that Mayonette and himself could be ready to ride with the rest of the group. He could sense some uneasiness in Chianna. "My dearest Chi, whats wrong? You don't want to go on do you. You can sense the danger ahead of us. I feel it too. Fear not for I will be here with you and you here with me. Nothing will happen to you or Mayonette for as long as I live.

Thomas was worried about the rest of the journey ahead. He had over heard about a map in Zach's bag. Everything was seeming so easily.

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-11-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #164
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

"What is it Leoflic? You seem ill at ease. Speak, what is troubling you?" Mayonnette asked as soon as they were apart from the group.

He looked around, trying to find how to say this properly. "Okay, well, I don't really know where to begin, so I guess from the beginning would be the best place."

Once again, he fell silent, pondering how best to say this. Finally he collected his thoughts and started on his tale. "Well, as I told you when we first met, my father went off to war and died in battle. After that, it was my mother and me, left alone to fend for ourselves. Well, a few years after that, my mother fell ill. She eventually died of the illness and I was left alone."

At teh memory of his parents, a single tear escaped his dark eye and slid slowly down his cheek. He wiped it away and continued with his story.

"Well, after that, I went off alone. Eventually, this old man. He became my friend and my benefactor. He took me in when no one else would. Well, this man - I don't remember his name so don't ask - well this man had visitors. Now when I saw Zach, he jogged something in the back of my mind and I couldn't remember."

Here he paused, thinking back, and he clearly pictured Zach's face from before. "Well, I remember now. I've seen Zach at that man's place!! And now that I really think back, the man never told me what he did but he did make a fair bit of money to keep both of us alive and comfortable. Mayonnette, what if this man is the kidnapper!?"
Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #165
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mayonette listened to his story and at the end of it she placed her hand over his heart. Could it be that the man that had kidnapped her sister was the one that had been right underneath her sword?! The thought scared and sickened her.

"He may have been the kidnapper. I know not of what his past is. The only thing I know is that Sandrina is still out there. Whether Zach is her kidnapper isn't for us to decide at this moment. We must find her," Mayonette replied softly.

Last edited by Crystal Heart; 09-08-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:12 AM   #166
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
I am really too tall for my own good, thought Garnae as Cordelia kissed him. But he said, "I'll always protect those I love, and fight for justice. Pray that I do not deviate from the path." He smiled. "And good thing those townspeople aren't on your back. Nice shooting."

Finally, we move to the forest. "I am quite skilled at tracking in woodland. We should be well with so many good trackers and a map. This task should be over soon. Especially with a map." We will strike hard and swift.

"Perhaps when this is all over Cordelia, we could... er," Garnae wasn't sure how to ask. "You know, once Mayonette pays us ... I still have some good farmland, would you like to ... you know ... stay over for a while?" He flushed red.

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 09-11-2006 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #167
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

"He may have been the kidnapper. I know not of what his past is. The only thing I know is that Sandrina is still out there. Whether Zach is her kidnapper isn't for us to decide at this moment. We must find her," Mayonette replied softly.

"I wasn't thinking of Zach. I was thinking of my old friend. But who knows, Zach could have had a hand in it. Oh, why didn't I see this before!" he cried out. "I could have stopped this madness early on. But I didn't stick my nose in because I was glad just to have a place to stay." Another tear formed in his eye and slid slowly down his cheek, wishing that he could have done something more to hep.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #168
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mayonette clasped his shoulder and gave it a friendly squeeze. How could he blame himself for what another man may have done.

"Listen to me and heed my words well. You are not to blame here. How could you have known? Things happen in our lives and in retrospect, yes we could have done something. Or nothing at all! Do not blame yourself for the wickedness of others. You are a good man. Remember that," Mayonette replied strongly.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #169
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia Harrison has just left Hobbiton.
Love? Had he really said love? Was she a part of that sentiment or something else? Her heart flipped wildly in her chest. She only hoped that it was, for something deep inside her told her that she loved Garnae.

"Love? Does that. . . possibly I mean. . . that is to say. . ." she trailed off, looking down at her hand that rested softly against his chest. She shook her head and looked back up.

"Yes it was very lucky that I got off with what I did. I learned how to shoot like that from my father," she replied quickly. She hoped that she hadn't stumbled into a topic that Garnae didn't want to have. Thus, her reasoning for changing the subject quickly.

However, his stammered question caused her heart to race faster and her breath quickened. Was this . . . a marriage proposal? She couldn't be sure. She had never ever had managed to get a man to ask her such a wonderful question.

"You want me. . . to stay with you? Oh Garnae. Unmarried I can't. Are you suggesting . . ." she trailed off, vaguely noticing how she was clutching his hand. Could it be that he would be the one that was strong enough to keep her around?

Last edited by Cordelia Harrison; 09-11-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 AM   #170
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Edhener was listening closely to Mayonette and Leoflic's conversation. He had made himself ready to set off again as soon as Hama and Mayonette had given their orders. Yet now it seemed that something else was delaying them. He had been very intrested in the finding of the map and also in Leoflic's story. Yet he prefered not to voice his thoughts aloud. They were much too gloomy, and he did not want to poison the whole group with his fears.

He felt sory for Leoflic of the way he was needlessly blaiming himself. Why were people always doing that? There was no question of one's guilt when one had no choice. As far as he could see, Leoflic had had no choice. There was no way he could have confronted the man that gave him food and shelter without endangering himself. No, sometimes it was best to leave the noble spirit aside and take care of your own skin.

He opened his mouth to tell Leoflic this, but then he changed his mind. Did he really believe in this? No, of course he did not. Then why say it? To give comfort? What was the use of comfort if he did not believe what he was saying? "Yet sometimes,"he mused, "it is best to say untrue words if they bring solace to others. Or so say some. " But he was not among them. He could not lie, he thought it would be an unfair thing to tell Leoflic something in which he did not believe. Therefore, he changed his words:

"Do not dwell on such things, Leoflic." he said. "The past cannot be changed. It is tomorrow that we are entrusted to better. There is nothing that we can do about yesterday."

He tried to hide the bitterness in his voice, lest it should be misinterpreted. Yet he could not help smiling grimly to himself as he spoke these words. Those were other things in which he did not believe, or that he chose not to. They seemed reasonable enough, yet not to him. But why? He could not tell. Maybe that was the punishment for those that felt guilty about something.

Last edited by Dimturiel; 09-07-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #171
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Léoflic looked up and smiled at Mayonnette. "Thank you. You are a true friend and I am glad to be here with you. I will do all in my power to help you find your sister. I promise."

Just then, a voice spoke behind them, startling him. "Do not dwell on such things, Léoflic. The past cannot be changed. It is tomorrow that we are entrusted to better. There is nothing that we can do about yesterday."

Léoflic turned quickly around and saw that it was Edhener who had spoken. His face taughtened in anger. "I cannot believe you! I said that I wanted to talk to Mayonnette alone!! Why did you eavesdrop!?" he hissed quietly.

He then saw the look of hurt on Edhener and realised what he had done. "I am sorry Edhener. It's just that this was supposed to be a private conversation. I truly am sorry. And you're right. I should not dwell on what has passed, but what lies in the future."

He looked at both Mayonnette and Edhener. He decided to tell him what was in his heart. "I must tell you now, however, that I feel something ill to come of this quest. I have a feeling that there will be bloodshed on both sides. But I also feel it in me that I shall have to face whoever it is who kidnapped Sandrina. So this is what I ask of you both. When we come face to face with the kidnapper, let me confront him. For if it is my old friend, I have more than one ailment to deal with." He looked at both of them, hoping that they would allow this.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #172
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mayonette nodded. She understood what he felt that we needed to do.

"Do what you need to do, but we won't be able to get the people that kidnapped Sandrina if we are just sitting here. We need to ride," she replied. She walked over to the map. There was a distinct cottage outlined and she knew in her heart that that was where she needed to go.

"We need to go there. We've daddled long enough. Let's go!" Mayonette said as took the map. She swung her leg up and over and landing gracefully into the saddle. She pulled out her sword.

"Whomever wants to stay and talk and kiss and whatever. Fine, do what you will. But I'm going ahead and I'm saving my sister. Time is precious and we've wasted too much already," she said to the group. She kicked her horse hard and away she flew in the direction of the cottage.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:29 AM   #173
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Edhener bit his lips as Leoflic rebucked him. He knew that the lad was right. He should stop eavesdroping on others' conversation. Yet he could not help feeling bitterness inside himself. People called him unfriendly, much too reluctant to be around company and too suspicious. Well, they could not blame him. Look what he got from trying to comfort someone.

Yet he said nothing of that to Leoflic. They could not afford a fight, and also he knew Leoflic had enough troubles without having an unfriendly companion raging at him. He smiled at him and nodded, to show him that he was not offended. And he could not help feeling alarmed and uneasy. He too had a feeling that something might go wrong. Yet maybe that was natural. Wasn't it normal to feel a little worried? And also, such feelings did not always come true. He knew that from experience.

He was more than glad when Mayonette ordered them to leave. Indeed, they had tarried much too long. He stood for some moments, watching Mayonette ride away, without waiting to see whether her orders were being followed or not, then he too sprang on his horse with a shout, and rode after her. All worries, all fears were forgotten. He was riding again, no longer wasting his time with pointless talking, and his heart beat fast at the thought of great deeds ahead of him.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #174
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

As soon as Mayonnette ordered everyone on the move, Léoflic gathered himself up quickly, grabbed his belongings and jumped on the back of Aldor. "Are you ready my friend?" he whispered. "It's time to go...and seek vengence!"

He spurred Aldor on after Mayonnette. He looked ahead and noticed that Edhener was ahead of him. He spurred Aldor on to catch up to him.

"Listen my friend," Léoflic said as he caught up to him. "There is no need for you to be beating yourself up. I lost my temper. And when I call you my friend, I mean it. I know you will have my back in any fight, and know that I have yours in mine." He reached over and pat his back cheerfully. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to wait for Elfride for I would like to have a few words with her."
Old 09-12-2006, 04:56 AM   #175
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Edhener was woken from his thoughts of battles and glory by Leoflic's voice. He turned and saw that Leoflic was now riding beside him. He listened to his companion's words, glad to know that there was no more enmity between them. And he knew that what he was saying was true. Indeed, in a battle, they could rely on each other. He grinned, and said in a cheerful voice:

"No matter. What has been, has been, and it would be better if we forgot it. And yes, you were right. You can count on my sword in battle. And something tells me that soon enough I will give you proof of this."

He nodded to Leoflic, and then he rode on. He could not understand why he suddenly felt so cheerful, and whence came his unexpected desire to sing, yet not the songs of battle that he knew best, but new ones, of light, and friendship, and happiness. He thought he could see things differenetly, as if a dark veil that had stood over his eyes was suddenly lifted. Yet this lasted only a few moments. He suddenly remembered who he was, and where he was heading, and for what reason.

And also, he recalled the happenings of last evening- had it really been so short a whlie ago? It semed as if months had passed since then- and his heart beat faster with anger. There had been her cold words, her disdainful looks, he had not once since morning thought about them, yet how could he had forgotten them? She was the reason that brought him here, the desire to show her that he was capable of great deeds, to impress her, to make her admire him. And he would do that, even if that meant that he had to die in order to achieve this.

"Yet this would do no good to you and only ill to her."Edhener found himself thinking. Indeed, that was so. But as he looked at the forest that loomed ahead of him, and as he thought of what he might meet there, the thought of battle again entered his being, and a fey smile was again playing on his lips.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #176
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garnae turned away in embarassment. Why did I have to go so far? It's so typical of me. He was conveniently distracted (and annoyed) however, by Mayonette leaping on to a horse and making a bold gesture. Curses! Why can't these women learn patience? But he was glad for the interruption.

Leaping to Crean, Garnae made sure he had everything on him. A bow, a sword. These will be needed before the end, no doubt. Once again, there is time for relaxation when this is done. He wondered if they would make a song about their band. Hear now the deeds of Mayonette's adventurers eight-counted! Righted a man of treachery, saved a child in jeopardy, renowned in battle and bravery! Garnae reminded himself that there was nothing that special about this mission. But it was his mission. Their mission.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #177
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia saw him look away, his face flushing. She let go of his hand and turned away. How could she have believed so strongly in him wanting her to be his for all thime? She shoved the disappointment back into the depths of her mind. She scolded herself for falling, for believing that someone actually wanted her. Garnae was only human after all and he probably was realizing that she was more trouble than she was worth.

Then again, if that was true then why had he even mention coming to stay with him? Did he think that she would give herself to him without being in the confines of marriage? If he thought that then he didn't know her.

Yet, she couldn't really see Garnae believing that. He was a noble man and deep down she knew that he didn't want to hurt her.

Perhaps she should have just said yes and dealt with it later. Now was certainly not the time to be dealing with love, or the lack that might have occured because of her words.

She watched as Mayonette flew off on her horse. She jumped up onto her mount and raced to catch her.

It wasn't too hard. They had raced many times in their childhood. She pulled the horse level with Mayonette's.

"Where are we going?" She asked her, keeping her eye out for danger. Mayonette handed her the map. Cordelia looked down at it and noticed the trails that led directly to the cottage. Was it a trap? It seemed all too easy.

Last edited by Cordelia Harrison; 09-13-2006 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 AM   #178
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"Where are we going?" Cordelia asked her. She handed her the map and pointed at the cottage.

"Where that cottage is. We follow the trail. My uncle is a very arrogant and stupid man. He figured that we wouldn't venture here for my fear of this forest. Well I'm no longer afraid and it is time that he understands that," Mayonette replied.

Out of the corner of her eye she could see her friend glance at her. She gave her a determined look.

"It's time to bring Samuel down and to bring Sandrina home," she said, her voice was clipped and cold. Samuel was going to regret ever crossing her.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #179
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hama had had a change of heart. The events of the day he realised had taken this beyond a matter that could be dealt with entirely privately. The fire raising and assault by the ruffians had taken this beyind anything that could be handled as a domestic matter. The man Zach would have to go before the King and if Samuel had more of his type at his command they could easily be overwhelmed. The women were brave but they were not trained soldiers and the soldiers were young and he knew that at least two of them had formed specific attachments that might impair their judgement.

They needed reinforcements and quickly he decided. Of the group he knew that only he, Elfride and perhaps Mayonette would be able ot get teh swift access to the king that the situation required. Mayonette would not go he guessed in any direction that took her further from her sister; Elfride he would prefer to send but she too had come for Sandrina's sake and might refuse. Holding back from the the others he spoke to her swiftly, old friendship allowing formality to be dispensed with.

Elfride weighed her thoughts swiftly and answered " I hope we will not need such force but I fear that Sandrina may need me. Even if I am captured too, I deem I will be able to help her. I doubt Samuel will do me harm - especially if he is informed that an eored is on it's way direct to his hiding place. So Hama, I think you should go at once and return swiftly. I will tell the others".

Hama seeing from her eyes that she spoke in earnest, bowed, and wheeled his great horse round and headed north along the course of the Snowbourne back towards Edoras.

Elfride watched him for a moment then set her heels against her own horses sides and with an uneasy heart sought to catch up with the others. She had some expalining to do.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #180
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Léoflic waited for Elfride to catch up. He had seen her talking to Hama and watched as Hama gallopped away swiftly. "What on earth is going on?" he thought desperately. "Of all the people that had to leave, it had to be the General."

He stayed in place until Elfride caught up. They then started walking a little slower than the others.

"Elfride, what is going on? Why is Hama leaving us?" Elfride than launched into the explanation of why he had to leave. "I see. Who knows, we may not need that backup. But it never hurts to be on the safe side." he said quietly.

He looked at Elfride and smiled. "Should I tell her?" he thought to himself. "Shold I tell her what's going through my mind?"

He looked back over at her and saw that she was looking at him. "Okay, I will. It's now or never," he thought, gathering up his courage.

"Elfride, there's something I have to tell you."

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-18-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:56 PM   #181
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Something was nagging Mayonette's heart. Could it be that she had wasted so much time that she would never see her sister again? Would her husband abandon their child in anguish and she would have to raise her nephew? Would her beloved Thomas stay with her if that came to be?

Her mind swirled as she slowed her horse to a trot, turning to see if anyone else had decided to come. It was only Cordelia and herself. Garnae was taking up the rear.

"Well? Are they coming?" She asked the two of them, her heart dropping at the prospect that she would have to go this alone. She then saw Hama. She caught his eye. He gave her a curt nod and then rode off in another direction.

"Oh no. Hama is leaving us! Sandrina's doomed to her fate," Mayonette whispered, her face went completely white at the realization. She pressed her palm to her eyes, trying to keep back the tears. Hot rage filled within her. She took away her hand and grabbed her sword.

"I'm going to kill Samuel," she hissed. She twirled her sword once.

"Are you two with me?" She asked. She didn't want to head into this battle without knowing just who was with her and who wasn't.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #182
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia caught Mayonette's wrist and stopped her from twirling the sword once more. She recognized that glint in her eye. She knew that the words she had spoken were true. Samuel had no chance now. That was for certain.

"We are with you. But you raced your horse away! And with the map too! Allow us to go back. They are with you too. They have been from the beginning. Reign in your feelings and your fears and your hate, Mayonette. Be a true woman of Rohan. Save the rage for the battle. Now is not the time to go flying off the handle," Cordelia reprimanded.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:13 AM   #183
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mayonette lowered her eyes and sighed. It was true that she had allowed her desperation to get the better of her.

"We took the path and we're only mere feet from the camp. We'll wait until the rest arrive," Mayonette replied. She sheathed her sword once more and sighed. What else was going to happen? Would the rest come after them? She only wished she knew for certain. Nothing was certain and it seemed that the more time they stopped and talked the further away Sandrina was slipping from rescue. She had already been gone for far too long. She didn't want to have to tell Sandrina's child that Sandrina was never coming home.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #184
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Edhener was still riding alone, taking delight in the sense of speed, waitnig for his mind to rid itself of all thoughts and emotions, save only of that feeling of mad joy that he had come to associate with battles. He saw Cordelia ride past him. For one wild moment, he thought of overtaking her, but instead he slowed down. She probably wanted to talk to Mayonette without anyone intruding. And also, he prefered being alone with his thoughts.

So many things had happened in so short a time! He was beginning to understand the world more clearly, to see things that had been incomprehensible until then. Yet he found little comfort in his sudden wisdom. His young spirit felt startled of the things it was learning, things that those older took for granted and knew to be true.

Edhener pulled the reins, making his horse stop abruptly. He looked around him, expecting to see everything changed, frantically searching for something familiar that would comfort him. Yet the world had become strange, and the trees about him seemed to be whispering among themselves words in a language that he did not know, and also that he feared to understand. For the first time since he could remember, he hated being alone, and he longed for a human presence beside him, be it even that of one of his enemies. The entire Middle-earth seemed to be descending upon him, and he found all the things that he had done and wished to do bereft of their former glory and importance.

Edhener shook his head, trying to drive such thoughts out of his mind. He looked up at the trees that loomed, tall and ancient, above him.

"It is not true, is it?" he whispered, and his own voice startled him. "The things that are now in my mind, they cannot be true."

Yet he recieved no answer. The trees still stood there, dignified and immovable, as they had stood all those long ages that they had spent on that land. What cared they of one stray young soldier? What cared they of his desires and of all his brave deeds that he had boasted to have done? And why should they care of his despair and of his sudden terror? Why should they answer and comfort him?

Edhener lowered his head and drew a deep breath. He urged his horse to go forward, and he rode on, until he saw Mayonette and Cordelia in front of him. He stopped beside them, his eyes lowered, wishing to hide the gladness that he felt on seeing them, and knowing that he was no longer alone with his dark thoughts and the ancient trees of the forest.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #185
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Elfride, there's something I have to tell you., Leoflic's words reached Elfride's ears but her mind made no connection as to what their significance might be.

"You do? " She answered barely pausing to add... " Surely it can wait a while ... the others are getting too far ahead - and they have the map and we don't! I must catch up with Mayonette and explain about Hama - she won't understand if she sees him leave - tell me later ". The woman gave him no chance to answer as she rode Leif forward along the woodland path after the others. The great grey's long and surefooted stride began to eat up the gap and Elfride turned her golden head to make sure that Leoflic followed.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #186
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia could see the worry within her friend's eyes. Yet, she knew Sandrina was in danger and that they needed to save her.

"COME OOOOON! WE NEED TO SAVE SANDRINA!" She bellowed in the direction where the rest of the company was staying. She hoped that they would be able to hear her.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:30 AM   #187
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garnae spoke. "Indeed, we shall show swift justice, and yet mercy upon the wrong-doer. For nothing was evil in the beginning. It is said even the Haradrim cruel, the Rhûn-men broad and Orcs themselves were not so. We must make sure that as few lives are lost as possible. We shall not slay him." Yet Garnae doubted his words. How could they possibly achieve this goal? Was bloodshed inevitable?

The trees were cold and dark. They seemed to whisper as the wind sighed past their boughs. Had they known the tree people? The ones that had destroyed Isengard? The ones that had known, as it was rumoured, the Ents?

As if in answer to his question, Thomas, who had been keeping quiet, said, "I think that these trees have known no Shepherds. They seem wild and free, and dangerous. We shall be careful."

Garnae suddenly remembered Cordelia was afraid of the dark. He rode closer to her, putting his arm around her. But is it for her fear, or for mine?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:45 AM   #188
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia was trying to keep herself from being afraid of the dark. Yet, it wasn't working. She sighed in relief when Garnae wrapped his arm around her waist. She clung to his arm, wishing vainly that all of this was over.

She turned and looked at him. What would happen at the end of this journey? Would she ever see him again? The thought scared her. She had fallen so very hard for him. If something were to happen to him she wasn't sure that her Rohan like resolve would be able to be maintained.

"I'm scared, Garnae. Please promise me you won't get hurt," she whispered to him softly. She shivered as a small wind moved through the trees.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:11 AM   #189
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mayonette nodded. She would grant him mercy, but if he raised his sword to her or anyone else in their small band then she wouldn't take that lightly. She looked over at Thomas. He gave her a determined smile and reached over to take her hand. She smiled softly.

She turned to see the rest of their group come up behind them. Mayonette looked down at the map and nodded.

"Let's go," she said determinedly. They pushed their horses onward, past the darkness and the creaky trees. The group was silent as they made their way to the cottage. The darkness started to become more oppressive as they made their way. Thomas lit a lamp that had been hanging unused at his side. He held it up, allowing Mayonette to take the lead.

She looked up and could see the lights of the cottage only a half mile from where they were. She stopped the group and blew out the candle.

"Mayonette, what are you doing?" Thomas asked. She grabbed his hand to make sure that he wouldn't relight it.

"Do you see those lights? Those are the lights of the cottage. That's where Sandrina is. If they can see us coming then all hope of saving Sandrina is lost. We go in the dark. Keep close everyone," she commanded.

They inched their horses slowly through the darkness. Thomas led them off the main path, allowing them to come in from behind. As soon as they got to the edge of the trees they stopped. Mayonette motioned for them to be silent. She slid wordlessly down from her horse. She placed the reigns upon a tree branch and motioned for everyone to follow her.

They inched into the place, crawling on their hands and knees. They inched that way until they got to the wall of the cottage. Mayonette rested against it. Thomas gave her shoulder a squeeze and he looked over the window sill.

"She's in the main room. She doesn't look good. Elfride, she's going to need some help," Thomas whispered. Mayonette's rage filled her. She motioned for them to follow her. They crawled around the house until they were at the front.

"We're going to crash in. Swords drawn and everything. Let's go!" Mayonette whispered. She drew her sword and stood up. Thomas kicked in the door. Together as a group they flew in with their swords raised.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 AM   #190
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Léoflic drew his blade, the light of battle alight in his eyes. As Mayonnette gave the word to rush into th cottage, he rushed in right after her, anger pumping through his veins.

As he stepped over the threshold, he was bowled to the ground. He shoved his assailant off with a mighty heave and rose quickly to his feet, his anger continualy rising.

He looked at his assailant in shock and in recognition. "You" he cried. "What are you doing here, Nikolai!?"

"Ah, so you do reconize me Léoflic. Good, good. This way, you'll know the person who killed you and your new friends, if that's what you want to call them," he said, sneering evily at Léoflic.

"You kill me, we'll see about that! NOw, answer me, what are you doing here!?" Léoflic shouted, his anger always steadily rising.

"Come Léoflic, use your brain. I work for Samuel and I always have. Even when you were living with me. I had hoped that when I took you in, you would have been able to aid us, but I soon realised that that couldn't hapen and sent you on your merry way. Now, enough chit chat. Prepare to battle!"

Léoflic took his fighting stance, unaware of everything going on behind him. They rushed at each other, dust from years long gone by rising at their feet and creating a giant cloud of dust. There was a loud clang. The battle had begun.

They circled around each other, thrusting here, jabbing there. They ducked, weaved, jumped, parried...

Finally, they backed off, ready to collapse of exhaustion. Léoflic's anger had diminished and his quick-thinking started to kick in. He looked around and spotted his bow and arrows and an idea had popped into his head.

"So, why did you kidnap Sandrina?" he asked Nikolai. "Why did you kidnap her?"

"Because there was major money involoved, you foolish child. I did it for no other reason than personal gain."

"But why Sandrina? There must have been a resaon as to why you kidnapped her,"

"Whatever it may be, I do not know and nor do I care. Samuel payed me to kidnap her, not ask questions,"

"Well, there's a shame. You won't be able to enjoy that money you get,"

"And why's that? Are you going to kill me!?" Nikolai asked, laughing hysterically.

"In fact, you are!" Léoflic cried and an arrow flew through the air. For while he had been talking to Nikolai, he had inched his way slowly to his bow and arrows. He had quickly notched an arrow to his bow while Nikolai had been laughing and had let it fly.

Nikolai looked on in horror as death whispered in his ear. The arrow pierced his heart and he fell, dead.

"That's for Sandrina," Léoflic said, smiling weekly. And he fell to the floor, unconcious from exhaustion.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-27-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #191
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When they were together again, they started making their way towards the cottage. No one spoke. Silence seemed to have descended upon the world, and Edhener thought that he would never again hear any familiar sound. The only thing that was still in his ears was the wind blowing through the leaves, if indeed it was that, and not the trees whispering to each other of the company that had now entered their realm.

Edhener glanced behind him uneasily. He had not forgotten the thoughts that had entered his mind when he had stepped into the forest. Nor did he feel comfortable among the trees, and whenever a branch thouched him, he thought it a response to his desperate question, a response that was little to his liking.

Edhener shook his head anoyed, wanting to rid himself of such troubled thoughts, thoughts that, he felt, had no place in the minds of brave warriors. And that was what Edhener wanted to be. He was actually one, but he did not yet realise it. All he knew was that whenever battle was at hand, the rest of the troubles flew from his mind, leaving only a sense of wild exhilaration.

Battle would probably be at hand soon enough. He felt that. He had felt it since morning, even in the light of the pleasant sun, when all were so cheerful. What if he had looked at the sun for the last time? What if he would never see his parents again, never see her again? What if...? But did that matter? Not in the least. All that mattered was for him to do his job well,and to fight as bravely as posible. And he would. Aye, the Valar knew that he would.

Deep in thoughts as he was, Edhener bearly realised when they reached the cottage. And now here they were, in front of it, at the last stage of their journey. Mayonette was ordering them to crash in. And then, all the worries vanished. So what if things would turn bad for him? He did not care. A battle would soon be at hand, and he-the young son of the bravest and most reckless people of Middle-earth-would do deeds to make his anscestors proud. And even if he were to die, he knew his death would not be unpraised, unsung. No, he would not let it be like this. Clutching his sword in his hand, firmly, but also lovingly, as if he was not holding only a weapon, yet in the same time a dear friend, he went after the others, his eyes now shining, as bright stars on a twilight sky.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:59 AM   #192
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thomas

Thomas flung himself into the room right next to Mayonette. He didn't have a chance to glance over at her. He prayed silently that she would be okay during this battle.

He slashed a man that came towards Mayonette with his sword held high. The man crumpled to the floor, screaming in pain. His eyes glanced around the room and saw Sandrina tied up in the corner. A rag was wrapped around her mouth. Her eyes were wide with fear.

A man stepped in his way of seeing her. He held his sword out. Thomas clanged his sword against the man. He pushed him back, knowing that this would be one of those fights that would end up in death. He took him swiftly, his old battle skills coming back to his body.

He knelt beside Sandrina and took the rag off her. He carefully cut her bindings. She sighed in relief when she was free. Her hand caressed her swollen stomach gently.

"Thank you, Thomas. You are my hero," she replied. He watched as her eyes looked over his shoulder. He looked and saw Mayonette locked in a dangerous fight with Samuel.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #193
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia crashed into the room next to Garnae. She swung her sword wildly, cutting the men near her. She kept Garnae by her side. She wanted to be with him in this battle and she didn't want him to get hurt.

She took down the first man that she came across with ease. Done with her task she noticed Thomas heading over to Mayonette's side. She then turned, but didn't find Garnae. She looked around wildly.

Last edited by Cordelia Harrison; 10-01-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #194
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Elfride was not a coward but she had no bloodlust eitherand did not attempt to be foremost as the group burst in to the cottage. She had not expected the onslaught to be so sudden, thinking that they might have scouted the area out and waited for Hama's reinforcements to arrive. forced Samuel men to negotiate. But that thought she realised was unrealistic. Zach's companions would have warned the others and they could not risk the effect further delay might have on Sandrina. The sooner they were all out of this dismal place. Though day had not yet ended in the open world, the fastness of the forest and the shadow of the haunted mountain meant night came early.

While Elfride feared that Samuel's men might take a dreadful toll in blood on the party she knew that such a small building could contain no great garrison and hoped their small number would be enought to contain them, and that they would be able to return Sandrina to her son. Only that justified the risk she was taking. She thought of her own son. She knew her brother loved Elfthain scarce less than his own children but the realisation that her son still needed her struck her as heavy blow. As she entered the room, sword drawn, she thought If I survive this, I will go to him - why did it take the risk of death to make me realise I should not be separated form him by choice, not yet, while he is so young?.

She her way over to the far corner where Thomas knelt by Sandrina, "Thomas - why don't you go and help Mayonette and I will take care of Sandrina?"
Old 09-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #195
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

This is it. thought Garnae. The final step is at hand. The last gasp. The group prepared to knock down the door, and he drew his sword.

Smash! The door was kicked down. A table stood near the door in the room, a fireplace on the left-hand side. At the other end of the wide hall was a woman on the floor, tied and gagged, looking amazed. "There be our goal!" he yelled.

But Garnae was stopped mid-yell. Two men advanced upon him, one had a knife the other a sword. The large part of the group were upon the other side of the table, or halfway up the room. Garnae parried the first man's sword, but the other took advantage of this loss in momentum and tackled him to the ground, though the knife-stroke went wide and sliced his side, not his chest.

Pain rushed through Garnae, and he roared in agony, yet, with a burst of strength quite unlike his style, shoved him off. Before the man with the sword could finish the job, another figure had leapt over the table and confronted him. Edhener? Leoflic?

Staggering upward, the side-wound ripping, Garnae stepped upon the dagger-wielder's hand. He pressed the sword to his neck.

A voice said commandingly, from behind him, "Stop!" Garnae slowly turned to face his nemesis. The third one wore a chain tunic, a Rider's helm and bore a shortbow, which was notched and aimed upon him. He was gaunt and thin, a leer upon his face.

"I don't know who you are," said Garnae. "But if you take a further step I - I shall slice this man's throat."

"An empty threat from one so weak as you, Garnae," jeered the opposer. "But I care for that coward no more than I care for the worthless brat and her unborn. Put down your blade, Rider."

I remember your face! raced Garnae's mind. You were training with me! You would laugh at me the hardest when the others did, you jeered me for my lack of strength and confidence in battle. A Rider had you expelled for stealing, I remember! He realised that was where the ex-Rider obtained his helm.

"Put down your blade!" yelled the brute. "Or I shall rid you of your suffering forever. It must be so hard to deal with your wonderful homestead gone. Do you wish to be rid of the pain?"

Madness welled up in Garnae, but another had got there first. A scream, a blade potruding from the ex-Rider's chest, and Cordelia stood there herself, looking fierce and desperate. The arrow went aside. Garnae welled with amazement and respect. But now there an innocent to save.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #196
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia took down the man and stood there, killing for the first time. She looked over at Garnae who was bleeding profusely from his side. She came over to him and shook as she clutched his hand to his wound.

"Hold it there and try to stop the bleeding. You take care of it and I'll take care of you. Just . . . please don't die. I love you," she said quickly. She turned, her sword glistened with blood, and made sure that no one came near them. The only man left was Samuel and Mayonette was taking care of him.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #197
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Looking back, Edhener could rememeber little of what followed after they had entered the cottage. He only had blurred visions, and he could not tell if the order in which he recalled them was the true one. He remember bursting into the cottage with the others, with his heart beating loudly in his chest... He remembered being attacked, and then a powerful wrath took hold of him, and he felt his body burning with excitement... He rememered moving with a speed that he had never felt himself capable of...He remembered singing and shouting, yet his voice had become unrecognisable, harsh and wrathful.

And then, it was over, just as suddenly as it started. He was leaning on the wall, with his sword hanging limply from his hand, breathing hard. He looked at his arm, and saw that it was bleeding; and, as his head became clearer and the sense of exhilaration was starting to melt, he felt the pain stab through his wound.

"So it is over,"he said looking around him,"or at least it is for me."

He looked at the two dead men that lay at his feet, trying not to think that maybe he had once talked to them, or that they might have fought by his side in a time when powers too dark for their comprehending made good and evil unite in the common goal of defending their country. He had slain many orcs at Pelennor, and not once had he felt guilty about it, but now, after killing his own kin, his own countrymen, he found the thought too hard to bear.

"No matter how this battle ends,"he mused,"for me it is over. I know that, whatever happens next, I can never turn back to being young Edhener, skilled warrior of the Mark. In a way, he has died in this battle."
Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #198
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mayonette locked her sword with Samuel's and glared at him. She couldn't believe what he had decided to do to her and her family.

"Why? Why did you kidnap Sandrina?" She asked him. Samuel snorted and shook his head at her question.

"Don't you not know by now you stupid girl? That is MY estate. Getting rid of Sandrina would have ensured it. But now that you are here I'll just kill you both and win the house regardless," he spat. Samuel pushed her sword away and tried to slice her side.

Mayonette moved to the side, seeing her opportunity. She plunged her sword into his side. She pushed it in as far as it could go. She watched as the evil light in his eyes extinguished.

"That's for my father and for my sister. May you rot in hell," she spat over his corpse. She pulled her sword out of him and dropped it on the floor. She looked around the room and fell to her knees in exhaustion.

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-02-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:28 AM   #199
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thomas

Thomas watched as Mayonette fell to her knees. The battle was over and it had been bloody. All the men that had been within the cottage before they entered were dead on the floor. Cordelia's hand was bright red with blood that he assumed came from Garnae's side. Sandrina was being helped by Elfride.

He walked over, the click of his boots the only thing that could be hear through the eerie silence. He reached Mayonette and picked her up. He clutched her to his chest, allowing her to hear his heart beat.

"What's done is done. Samuel and his followers chose their fate. And we chose ours. We have won. And for that I am thankful," he said, not just to Mayonette, but everyone.

He turned his face to the trembling woman in his arms. He kissed her forehead gently.

"I think you could use with a lovely cup of tea and a fire. Come, my fair Mayonette. Let's go home," he whispered. He hoped his words would fire up her soul and give her the strength to get home.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #200
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

"Yes, let's go home" , echoed Elfride. I think Sandrina is well enough in body to travel, the sight of her son will heal her spirits" . Elfride hoped that Sandrina's husband would be waiting for her and no harm had befallen him on his own search. This matter will have to be reported to the King and these corpses must be disposed of .... but we are sure to meet Hama and his men on the way and they can deal with that...and the king will not begrudge us getting Sandrina safe home before making our account to him I deem."

Home, she thought of her comfortable house and wished she were there already. It had been a very long day and some hours ride yet awaited them before they would get back - for Sandrina's sake they would return at a gentler pace. Elfride knew she would not remain at home long .. and part of her wished she need not return but could carry on through the Mountains towards Gondor and her son. She imagined her elegant sister-in-law's reaction if she could see her now, clad in male garb and dishevelled, and supressed and inappropriate giggle.

She helped Sandrina, freed now from her bonds, to her feet . "Ready to go?" she asked.

"I am" answered Sandrina, "but others are not... you have people who need you more than I do for the moment".

Elfride turned with horror to realise that the rest of the group were not as unscathed as she had assumed.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 10-09-2006 at 11:28 AM.