User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #361
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Arry---Sounds good! I'll suggest getting some kind of food into our stomachs and some rest, but we will of course do a funeral of sorts, mostly for some closure for poor Athwen...I'll get right on it and post today!!
Old 03-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #362
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Farael: should you delete your save and write your stuff after Maeggaladiel? The logic would ask you for it - and I too...

I don't think there is a reason to make a save anyhow, if your post will be the one to get us going eg. being the last one? Others write, what they have time to, before you set us on the road again...
Old 03-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #363
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Arry I could have Vaenosa gather some of the Orcs bodies, at least away from Leod's cottage. She would find Leod a little intimidating and would not want to be quite close to him just yet. She would not mind dead Orcs, she could drag them away and burn them. Let me know what you guys think. Or we could just leave them be as Arry suggested.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #364
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, no. . .I don't think that's necessary. Don't burn the orcs. It'd be too much trouble. It will take enough time to just get the bodies of the villagers all together. Doing the same to the orcs would take forever. Besides that, it seems like a man's job to take the bodies away, doesn't it? But, if you all don't agree with me on that score, I could just say that Vaenosa can still help with the endeavor of getting all the bodies, but just work somehwere away from Leod.

-- Folwren
Old 03-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #365
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hear hear!! I say we leave those foul beasts to rot in the sun and be eaten by whatever could stomach their nasty corpses!!

*Erhm* of course drag them away Valier, we wouldn't want to roll over in the middle of the night and have one of those things starring right back at us!

Just read Folwren's comment here and Double *Erhm* I agree let the men take care of the nasty Orcses....we shouldn't get our hands dirty by them(the orcs)!!

Last edited by Naria; 03-10-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #366
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I mean, I don't want my character (or me) to appear as a wimp, but seriously. . .they're dead. It's all very well if you're dealing with a dead chicken, or even legs of dead cows or deer that your dog brings in, but these are dead people. I can not imagine the revolting feelings, thoughts, and emotions that would over come a young woman. Definitely a guy job in my humble opinion.

-- Folwren
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #367
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Actually sorry I was just being a little weird. No I will leave the orc bodies where they lie! Vaenosa will be a little taken back by the new comers, she would likely be fairly quiet. I shall tend the horses, because Nay (my horse) will likely be too excited over the new horse friends he may have. I will post soon after we get to Leod's. I will excuse myself to tend them and post about her thoughts and feelings.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #368
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Farael: should you delete your save and write your stuff after Maeggaladiel? The logic would ask you for it - and I too...

I don't think there is a reason to make a save anyhow, if your post will be the one to get us going eg. being the last one? Others write, what they have time to, before you set us on the road again...
Well, I was thinking I'd get the post up by now, as the lab was supposed to take less than an hour. I put up the save just in case whoever wrote next wanted to move on from AFTER the crossing.
After all, that's the idea for a save, the others assume that you will write something and carry on from AFTER what happens in your post. I just wanted to move ahead, but I'll move my save for AFTER Maeggaladiel's post. I just read what I wrote in the save, sorry if I sound a little irritated, it's not at the game but at my lab =D so don't take it personal... but let's move on people!!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #369
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Farael: Everything's allright!

Just waiting for your post to be able to go on with it...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #370
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Farael: Everything's allright!

Just waiting for your post to be able to go on with it...
But that would defeat the point of the save... just carry on with the story AFTER we are across the river and I'll adapt what I want to write to whatever you add.... that way the story can move on without we having to wait for each other!!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #371
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
But that would defeat the point of the save... just carry on with the story AFTER we are across the river and I'll adapt what I want to write to whatever you add.... that way the story can move on without we having to wait for each other!!
I thought you would be answering that way.

I was just thinking myself, whether you would remember to take care of our little problem with the rope hanging in place between the pulleys after we get over?

Readily available ropes to destroy or to get over with, would be good only for random orc parties... I was kind of thinking, whether someone would have to ride back to cut it, or does your post include handling that one (or some better idea?). So I didn't want to rush, at least with my own post, because of the possibility of Sythric having to get back to cut the rope.

Edit: Before you misunderstand me, I wasn't misunderstanding your well made point about the saves in general. I just thought, that it would not be probable, that you would have come to thought of that problem in the incredible haste we are moving forwards (which still doesn't seem to be translating into any RL action!!! - so we are in a hurry, making half-ready posts, but still getting nowhere in the game...), and thought of Sythric needing to mention it after we get over by your post - before we are on the Wulfhamers (with this speed, it will take two posts...).

If you were considering it, I'll truly appreciate your foresight! (Why I came to think about it: not because of me being very wise, but because I spent a couple of hours today thinking about the ways to get us across, and how to make that crossing secure from all possible follow-ups...)

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-10-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #372
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Save deleted,
Carry on without me, I may or may not post tomorrow but I don't want to get yet another sub-par post up. Sorry for the delay, as I said you were all encouraged to post after my save anyway, but I just can't do this to Osmod. He deserves a good post and I feel that I have been reacting more than writing lately. I'll work on a proper post tomorrow, I'm just fryed tonight.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:44 AM   #373
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I will also be busy until tomorrow evening, so little less than 1½ days from now. So write us over anyone. Someone should tell s/he's writing the crossing post, so that there wouldn't be cross-writing, and others might concentrate on different posting.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #374
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Wulfhamers & Bregowarians!

If we manage to get over the river today or tomorrow (RL) and ride a bit, it would be nice for us Bregowarians to see the funeral pyre from the distance and be drawn to the Wulfhamers by that!

Arry: you have a better count on the days, so how is it? Could we do it, or do we have to make a "they rode the whole day with only one stop and then overnighted at X, then the next day they got the trail..." -post? In this last situation, we should probably see the smoke rising ahead of us, and be a bit curious about it, even if it would be just one post for the whole party...
Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #375
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod, I have already made the funeral post early this morning(my time) so it would seem that the Bregos are going to have to meet us some other way. Sorry
Old 03-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #376
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Nogrod, I have already made the funeral post early this morning(my time) so it would seem that the Bregos are going to have to meet us some other way. Sorry
Even though RL and the game time do not join together, I guess you're right... Probably we are that much behind... But we might get a climpse of the smoke anyhow? Or what does Arry think?
Old 03-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #377
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Bregos

You are about 1 1/2 days north of us game time - so there won't probably be any smoke for you to see.

Last edited by Arry; 03-11-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #378
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Bregos

You are about 1 1/2 days north of us game time

Arry--Since this is the case, how are they to ever meet up with us? We would continuously be a day and a half ahead of them. We can only stay in Leod's and Athwen's village till morning, I'm sure that the both of them would not want to stay any longer than that. We would have to set off again. Would we set up camp somewhere and wait? I'm sure that Leod and(especially)Athwen would want to get as far away from the village and any other possible encounters with more orcs there. So that would take us further away from the Bregowarians. Any ideas....
Old 03-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #379
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Arry--Since this is the case, how are they to ever meet up with us? We would continuously be a day and a half ahead of them. We can only stay in Leod's and Athwen's village till morning, I'm sure that the both of them would not want to stay any longer than that. We would have to set off again. Would we set up camp somewhere and wait? I'm sure that Leod and(especially)Athwen would want to get as far away from the village and any other possible encounters with more orcs there. So that would take us further away from the Bregowarians. Any ideas....

What if we chump a day and a half in two posts? we got across the river and traveled for half a day. Stopped for the night and that's post one. We got out of bed, traveled for the whole day and reached the village before nightfall that's post two.... just find a reason to stay around for one more day (praying for the deceased ones?) and we'll meet up just there.

Edit: Actually if we do it that way we could see the fire from afar during the night and arrive at the city... while you sleep? maybe find each other the following morning.

Last edited by Farael; 03-11-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #380
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If the Bregos were across the river right now - it is 45 miles south to the village that's burned; and we are already there and have burnt the bodies.

Yes, actually you could do one post that brings you across the river and down to the village - however that would mean our group would stay in the village for another day and a half or this alternative could happen:

We can go a few miles south of the village and camp and hunt for a couple of days. I would imagine the village would still be smoking but there would be no flaming fire. The Bregos would certainly wonder what had happened to the place and who had burnt the bodies of the villagers.

Can you just get yourselves across the river and then come upon us in our little camp?

Last edited by Arry; 03-11-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #381
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm on it... I already wrote us across the river. Should I also write us camping for the night and leaving the following morning or should we not hurry that much? If anyone wants to do a post before we meet up I'm all up for it but I'd like to meet today (RL) with the other group, if possible... or at least, have the situation set for the meeting.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #382
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why don't you or someone write your group just to the little rise above the burned village. You can spend a little while (like maybe the rest of today or tomorrow morrning, RL) going into the village itself.

That will give our group time to have set up a camp say 5 miles south of the village (and let's say it's evening by the time you finally pass through the village and get to where you can see our campfire).

How does that sound?

-----------------------------

Naria

Please check your PM's

-- Arry
Old 03-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #383
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Why don't you or someone write your group just to the little rise above the burned village. You can spend a little while (like maybe the rest of today or tomorrow morrning, RL) going into the village itself.

That will give our group time to have set up a camp say 5 miles south of the village (and let's say it's evening by the time you finally pass through the village and get to where you can see our campfire).

How does that sound?
Works for me. I'll have us ride on until we reach the slope (but before we can see the burnt village) and someone else can take it from there.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #384
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry--I have done as you requested. Hope it fits in better for you!

*snicker* If we were really sent as urgent messengers do you not think that we would be in more of a hurry to get the message to the King? All this stopping and 'resting', very much not needed, I understand that we are waiting for the Brego group, but we don't know that we are to meet with them, so it would seem a little excessive with all of the stops.

NOTE to Brego's: Please, please can we meet already. I would really like to get on with the main part of our story. If someone could get your group into position to find us by early tomorrow(RL) that would be great!

Last edited by Naria; 03-11-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #385
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Thanks mucho! I filled in my save and it all fits together rather nicely. thanks again!

-- Arry
Old 03-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #386
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
NOTE to Brego's: Please, please can we meet already. I would really like to get on with the main part of our story. If someone could get your group into position to find us by early tomorrow(RL) that would be great!
I'm on it. I had to take a break but I'm wrapping up my post. After it we could meet you all in one or two posts.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #387
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Right on Farael, you Rock!!
Old 03-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #388
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Don't wait up for me to fill in my save. I only have a few seconds today because I happened to drop by here, but on Tuesday, I'll write a post for the save, and I'll also catch up on the current events when that time comes. Just continue the story.

-- Folwren
Old 03-12-2006, 04:07 AM   #389
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've gotten us out of the village and to a camping spot a little ways down river. It's still night - of the same day as when we had the funeral.

Can someone move us on to the next day - afternoonish or so. Brand will have gone fishing and be back at camp, smoking the fish he caught over the fire. Anyone else is welcome to join him.

Anyone else want to do a little hunting - some small animals that we can cook for dinner.

The Bregos could probably then run into us late in the afternoon or late in the evening then . . .

What do you think?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:42 AM   #390
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I'll keep my save still, but will alter the contents of it by the timing of you others and the possible PM-answer from Eowyn. I would like Sythric to have even a couple of words with Eostre, but if Eowyn is not online today, I'll pass it over.

If no-one is doing it, I could make us Bregowarians come to the burnt village in my save (less than 10 hours RL). So if no-one reveals writing that one, I'll do it. But please, anyone having time or wanting to do it, just do it...

PS. I think Naria is right, these "waitings" by the Wulfhamers are not very logical. Could you come up with a narrative reason to wait for a while?

Important PS. So if it is about afternoon or evening when we have the sight of the burnt town (we crossed the river just after the noon), then we should overnight first (still more than 1 day after you Wulfhamers), and Arry's "afternoon", when we might catch you up, will be the next day (gametime) from our point of view? So anyone posting us Bregowarians should pay heed to this need of one night there before any meetings.

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-12-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #391
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I filled my save. If Eowyn is not answering in about 10 hours from now, I'll delete the last part of my post to allow us to proceed (don't wait for the answer!!!).

If no-one has announced writing us to sleep - and seeing the ruins of the city at the horizon, then I'll do it. But I surely hope, someone else could post that one...

PS. In my last two posts I have made some points on how Sythric thinks about you others. I have tried to follow your character descriptions and what you have written so far. Even as it is just Sythric's intepretation, please tell me, if I have got something totally wrong or just forgotten something important that Syhtric should know!

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-12-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #392
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Bregowarians!

As no-one has posted, I will write us to sleep.

Good night everyone!

PS. Eowyn: if you don't like my handling of you in the earlier post, please let me know. I'll change the post if you will...

PS2. Farael, if you don't like the way I addressed others with Osmod, please note, and I'll change it...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-12-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #393
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Everyone! Please listen to Undome's Meghan playing the pipe flute!! I found it chilling, yet beautiful.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #394
Undómė
Shade of Carn Dūm

Undómė has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Naria

Glad you enjoyed it!

It's a tune called 'Lament for Limerick', a favorite tune of Scottish pipers at funerals. It was originally an Irish tune, though.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #395
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Everyone! Please listen to Undome's Meghan playing the pipe flute!! I found it chilling, yet beautiful.
I second that.... and I third and fourth it as well. Very beautiful indeed.

Nogrod, if you don't mind I'd like you to change just a bit the words Osmod says... he doesn't quite sound like himself.

"I think we should camp here. We will not be able to get much further before nightfall anyway and this hill should protect us from the wind as well as the sight of the town. Forgive me but I dare not sleep where the town can be seen."

Thanks! =)

Edit: Cross-posted with Undome, even though you wouldn't guess so if you checked the times.... it just took me a bit to come up with the words for Osmod.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:45 AM   #396
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Nogrod, if you don't mind I'd like you to change just a bit the words Osmod says... he doesn't quite sound like himself.

"I think we should camp here. We will not be able to get much further before nightfall anyway and this hill should protect us from the wind as well as the sight of the town. Forgive me but I dare not sleep where the town can be seen."
I change this. Thanks for the words.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #397
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I've filled in myself, and I know it's not Tuesday, but my sister is sick, so I'm filling in her day here at the store. What fun.

Anyway, I see that we're pretty close together - the Bregowares and Wulfhamers. Are we planning on meeting up today RL time?

-- Folwren
Old 03-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #398
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Great job everyone! Sorry I haven't had time to post yet. I have had lots of homework due this week. If I haven't posted yet and you want to move on please use Vaenosa and move forward as needed, I will catch up as soon as I can.

Edit: ok ok after reading everyones posts again I just can't wait to meet I will post a post TODAY in a few hours my time. After class today.

Last edited by Valier; 03-13-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #399
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Arry & others!

Now just tell me, that I'm seeing something wrongly. I do hope so.

But I think Arry told us we Bregos were 1½ days behind, and the Wulfhamers are overnighting just outside (south?) the burnt town. So we probably couldn't be just outside the same city! We could be somewhere north (north-east of it), maybe a day's ride from it, and see it from the hill (as I thought we were doing).

It's just that Undómė's and Farael's post are very good (and the tune is lovely: thank's Undómė!). So could Arry change the basic timeline, or should those two posts (U & F) be adjusted as "wandering in the burnt town in imagination as looking at it from the distance" etc.? Or should we just ignore this discrepancy?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #400
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I don't quite see your problem Nogrod. We are a distance from the town now, just haven't posted lots. Bregos are just entering burnt village now, it should take perhaps a full day before we meet.