The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2003, 01:41 AM   #41
Calenamarthiel
Pile O'Bones

Calenamarthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Make Faramir more like Faramir! I realize that while his characterization in the movie can't be completely fixed with some additional lines in the extended edition, it wouldn't hurt to have him utter one or two noble lines to counteract those very unnoble, un-Faramir-like ones that he was stuck with in the movie. <P>I would also love to see more of Treebeard and the other Ents and how the presence of Merry and Pippin in their forest causes them to go to "something that has not happened in an age - Entmoot." This was one of more important parts in the book because it was what first showed that Pippin and Merry aren't simply the "sidekicks" of the Fellowship. But then I guess the movie's version of that is when Pippin tricks Treebeard into going to war by having Treebeard bring them to Isengard. Regardless of these issues, I would love to see more Ent exposure in the extended edition.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:11 PM   #42
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I wonder will this appear in the extended version?<P>
Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #43
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmmm that looks more like something that would show up in The Return of The King perhaps?

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #44
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How did her hands get bloodier than her sword? Why is she wearing civilian attire?<BR>Maybe her hands are bloody from holding Theoden King? And obviously has not struck the Nazgul yet. Her shield arm isn't broken and she has no shield. And that thing behind her looks more like something you'd see in a cave than in a field. Was she wearing that dress at some point in TTT?<P>Ok, I'm out of questions. Nice photo by the way.
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 12:30 AM   #45
Dimannûnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannûnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Isn't that the picture described as showing Eowyn killing an orc in the caves at Helms Deep? It's been mentioned before but I hadn't seen a picture.
Dimannûnien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:34 AM   #46
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I would like to see a huge outtake reel including an orc extra looming towards the camera or someone from the fellowship and saying something to the effect of "I'm going to eat you!" That would just make my day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes! I definately want to see a gag reel. I was hoping they'd do a gag reel on the extended version of <I>Fellowship</I> but was disappointed in that area when there wasn't one. Ah well; the cast commentary made up for it.<P>I've given up hope on Movie!Faramir. I was practically screaming obsceneties in the theater when I first saw the movie; things like, "Damn you, Jackson!" and "I'm going to beat you over the head with a hardback copy, jackwad!" There were worse things said, but I don't want to say them here. I was literally sulking for three days afterwards. Now, I just don't waste the energy. What's done is done and nothing I say will change it. Shame... the first movie was so good...
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #47
Calliope and Linus S. Underhill.
Pile O'Bones

Calliope and Linus S. Underhill. has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooh ooh!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see the rope scene with Frodo and Sam on the cliff! It cracks me up everyt ime I read it. But it's too long to be a deleted scene, I suppose. Plus, since Peter Jackson obviously hates Frodo, they're all going to be of Aragorn and Arwen (I'm not serious, I'm sure Peter Jackson doesn't hate Frodo, just doesn't think him important enough). Anything with Gollum is great... how about the entire second half of The book? I think he forgot that part .<P>I agree about Faramir. Yipes! I really think that the entire Osgiliath thing has to go and here's why - Shelob is coming up. Come on, Sam can't save Frodo's whiny butt like that twice. Someone has already told me they hate Frodo because Sam keeps having to rescue him and he doesn't do anything for himself, which is true in the movie. Frodo and Sam are practically screaming at each other the entire film. I love their scenes in the book, because they make me laugh. But I hardly laughed once in this movie.<P>I would have liked it to end with Shelob, but I heard ahead of time that it wasn't going to be in there so I got ready. But I noticed that part of it (Sam was holding Frodo's body) was in a trailer. On the extended LOTR PJ said that TTT was the furthest from the book, which means (hopefully) Reurnf of the King will be better. If the ending makes me cry I might forgive him. I'm not as mad at the Two towers as I was, I'm just voicing what would have made a better movie. I personally wouldn't mind if Helms Deep wasn't that long. I read the Two Towers last week and incomparison the movie version was the END OF THE WORLD, ARMAGEDDON, and a few other things. In the book it wasn't so large and serious. If they make it shorter they could fix some other damage. Peter Jackson put more Arwen in then Faramir, when Arwen is mentioned once in the book. This needs to change. In the Fellowship he had no trouble appealing to the rabid fans, but here he's just appealing to the googly Aragorn fans that live down the street and couldn't give a care about Frodo, Sam, Faramir, this new arrogant Theoden, Merry, Pippin, or the Ents. It's truly abominable. Woah. My message is running a bit long. Better be careful, or it will turn into a stupid George-Bush monologue like Sam's *Sam looks out of window while a nazgul bites of someone's head and talks about stories after almost getting his head cut off by Frodo, which would never happen*<P>ps: You know what would fix that Sam's neck-slicing scene? If Frodo smacked him with the flat part of his sword and said "That's MR. Frodo to you, young man!" Well, I'd laugh. But PJ has no sense of humor unless it involves Legolas and skateboards.<p>[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Calliope and Linus S. Underhill. ]
Old 02-10-2003, 01:12 PM   #48
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My wife bought me a "Making of the Trilogy" book (signed by PJ and Richard Taylor no less ). Anyway, I'm working my way through it and there's a section on Andy Serkis where it talks about him getting to play Smeagol with Deagol and that those scenes will be dealt as flash-backs in The Two Towers. Obviously this didn't happen, but I would put good odds on it appearing in the special edition.<P>H.C.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:43 PM   #49
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Isn't that the picture described as showing Eowyn killing an orc in the caves at Helms Deep? It's been mentioned before but I hadn't seen a picture. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>But then the blood would be black. <BR>The blood on Eowyn's hands is from either (A) herself, (B) someone else like Theoden (C) someone she has killed (but not an orc), or (D) the picture won't be in the movies at all. Guess we'll have to keep waiting to find this out.