Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #521
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lovely gatecrashing, Lommy (and thanks for giving me something to react to when I had succumbed to a bit of a writer's block)!

Mnemo, re-reading your last post for Brinn, I thought I'd made it clear above that Coldan didn't actually 'tell his side of the story', or at least not all of it - I imagined him only saying as much as I put between inverted commas in this post (because he thinks Asta and Aldarion had already told Brinn what happened). It's not a big prob, and we can assume he said a bit more between lines, but let's be clear that he didn't tell Brinn the details of his quarrel with Asta or her appearance in the common room last Night.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #522
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Lovely gatecrashing, Lommy (and thanks for giving me something to react to when I had succumbed to a bit of a writer's block)
You're welcome.

And aww Galadriel, I was hoping you'd pile up the hysteria just like that, awesome! I pity Brinn and Coldan.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #523
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And aww Galadriel, I was hoping you'd pile up the hysteria just like that, awesome! I pity Brinn and Coldan.
Yeah, poor adults... It's a wonder that they have patience for these teenagers. (yeah, like me )

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #524
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Ah, good old hysteria! It only needs one more ingredient.

I'll be right back...
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #525
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, Mnemo, G55 and Lommy– any objections to how I've written your characters?

Also, Asta says Branor and Therian haven't been seen since last night– if that should be changed, Mnemo, let me know. I thought it was about time someone mentioned those two, but I actually lost track of what's supposed to have happened to them.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #526
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
way too funny Nerwen, apparently I still can't rep you
Old 05-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #527
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
way too funny Nerwen, apparently I still can't rep you
It's the thought that counts.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #528
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Ahaha, Nerwen, I love it! What a nice surprise we have for Mnemo once she comes back from her trip.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #529
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just fyi- I'll be travelling for 2+ weeks, so I can't guarantee when I'll be on (but I'm fairly certain I'll be able to keep up). Just know that PMs may not be answered promptly.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #530
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Ahaha, Nerwen, I love it! What a nice surprise we have for Mnemo once she comes back from her trip.
Yes, it's a wonderful surprise party. The more the merrier!
Mnemo, I've borrowed Brinn and had her start on damage control, but if you'd like her to react in a different way that can of course be changed.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #531
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nerwen and Pitch, your posts are absolutely amazing!

Quote:
Ahaha, Nerwen, I love it! What a nice surprise we have for Mnemo once she com=Lommyes back from her trip
Seconded.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #532
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lol Pitch, even spammers like your posts!

I have written now and probably resolved (or worsened, just imagining what Asta could do in the worst case ) the situation. I will be away for the weekend, so if you need me, I'll be back sometime Sunday evening (European time, obviously!)
Old 05-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #533
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ummm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astanerwen
"I found this outside Lord Sador's door– if he really is a lord– yesterDay.
I don't think Asta has ever played werewolf before, but she is quite certain that Sadorwolf killed Aldagifted. lol
Old 05-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #534
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I went there; a play within a (role)play about a play
Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #535
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I don't think Asta has ever played werewolf before, but she is quite certain that Sadorwolf killed Aldagifted. lol
Ooops. It gets to be such a habit when you play WW a lot!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #536
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I went there; a play within a (role)play about a play
Ah, but if you think about it, it's still only on the same level of sub-reality as the "War of the Ring" play. Now, if you were the have the characters in this play put on a play...
Old 05-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #537
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ooops. It gets to be such a habit when you play WW a lot!
It happens. After half a year of typing Tolkien on the Downs I feel the urge to write LOTR instead of Lord of the Rings, and things like that.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #538
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

All right Ang- take Aldarion into the shop. You're the one who knows what's there. I'll have him react as soon as I am able.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:55 AM   #539
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I solemnly swear etc: either tonight or alla manana.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 AM   #540
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

filled in; Romeo & Juliet plus Gondor plus pirates, by the mysterious Beren Lameleg...
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #541
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Great post, Ang! Where did you get the poetry from? Don't tell me you wrote it yourself!

Quote:
...by the mysterious Beren Lameleg...
Why do we even need all that mystery and intrigue? Trying to figure out all the Burlach family relations makes my head hurt.

And by now I don't remember what was Beren's - this one's or anothers - relationship to Cirdacil and Veandur. I don't even remember if his name was really Beren. And I couldn't find the spot on the game thread for some reason...
Old 05-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #542
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

It's Romeo and Juliet, only Gondoricized.
And Lameleg = Sador, I suppose; must be his pseudonym.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #543
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Great post, Ang!
Seconded!

Quote:
Why do we even need all that mystery and intrigue? Trying to figure out all the Burlach family relations makes my head hurt.
I sympathize with the last.

Quote:
And by now I don't remember what was Beren's - this one's or anothers - relationship to Cirdacil and Veandur. I don't even remember if his name was really Beren. And I couldn't find the spot on the game thread for some reason...
Beren was the name of Cirdacil's brother, and Vëandur's paternal grandfather.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #544
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Beren was the name of Cirdacil's brother, and Vëandur's paternal grandfather.
Thank you. That just made my life so much easier, without that irksome detail bugging me.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #545
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Forgot to say, Ang, I absolutely third G55's and Zil's applause for your last post. And come to think of it, Beren may well be Sador's real name, if he was named after his uncle.

Nerwen, I see Coldan is now developping a lisp on top of mispronouncing his double-u's and tee-aitches. (Don't bother to change it, it's OK.)
What's more important, he's starting to come around to Asta's conspiracy theory... Poor Brinn!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #546
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Nerwen, I see Coldan is now developping a lisp on top of mispronouncing his double-u's and tee-aitches. (Don't bother to change it, it's OK.)
Sorry!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #547
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Poor Brinn!
Might as well add to it.

Honestly, Thiliel should really mind her manners. If you (or your character ) think that she should mind her own business, don't hesitate to tell her so.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #548
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I was trying not to read what was happening while Aldarion was gone so that I could be properly ignorant upon his return, but all of your comments... I can't resist reading.

Ang- I'm assuming your Írildë character was meant to be the noble lady in ancient Numenor, so I wrote that in. Please say so if you wish me to undo it. Also, I implied that in Middle Earth serious theater dramas generally favor prose over poetry. The poetic style is used to tell dramatic tales of course, but such things are performed by single speakers narrating the events. When it comes to theater, it has always been convention to speak as true to life as possible (though Aldarion implies that this is not necessarily true of comedies).
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #549
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Started a post yesterday, finished it this morning, and found all of the more recent developments, so I had to cut out some ACTUAL PUNNERY from Rollan and Brinn idly wondering again where Branor and Therian are. If you want to add their absence to the conspiracy, go ahead.

Anyhow, Brinn is trying to rerail the plot to her own devices, feel free to heed or ignore as you see fit.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #550
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
so I had to cut out some ACTUAL PUNNERY from Rollan and Brinn idly wondering again where Branor and Therian are
Aw! But seriously, we're several players short. Do you have any idea whether Fea and Boro are going to come back? And what about Dim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Anyhow, Brinn is trying to rerail the plot to her own devices, feel free to heed or ignore as you see fit.
You know what, last night I thought you must be feeling like the DM of the Rings by now...
Old 05-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #551
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm not--in fact, more than anything, I appreciate you lot keeping things rolling while I've been busy or otherwise absent. In fact, setting things up so that Brinn wants to tear her hair out makes it a lot easier to write things. So no, I'm not feeling like a railroader, but Brinn certainly is.

I haven't heard a thing from Fea, Boro, or Dimturiel, though. Would it be considered rude to PM at this point?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #552
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

It looks as if Fea, Boro, and Dimturiel haven't posted in the last 2 weeks. A PM to them would probably be a good idea.

Maybe they would okay their characters to be carried along until they can return to write for them.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #553
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I realise I qualify as an "AWOL" right now--I could blame real life, but while there's some truth there, it's mostly that Amdír and I are just waiting until toMorrow, since we don't want to delay toDay extraordinarily long.

However, I *am* reading along--even feeling guilty about not posting, now and again.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #554
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Formy, the way I see it, we have two plots going along right now: the intrigue higher in the City and whatever else we're doing down here. I'm basically waiting until the former plot resolves itself before moving to the next day, and since it's taking a while you should feel free to at least say what Amdir's doing. But you have a better RL excuse than most.

Thanks for the advice, pio.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #555
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Question

I'm wondering what to do with this post. I wrote that Thiliel shouted, and then had her dramatic moment (), but no one in the wagon seems to have noticed. I could change all that to thoughts, or I could move this post to a later point in the argument. Or just delete it, if it will make matters easier.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #556
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

In case you're about to post next, Mnemo, Coldan has no major problem with having either of his roles reassigned, but he's going to be adamantly on Asta's side in the matter of Smaug. (Speaking of him, I keep forgetting about his dratted accent.*goes to edit*)

EDIT: Sorry about that, G55 - I thought of writing some reaction into my post, but somehow it didn't fit in. I think your post is too good to lose, and it fits dramatically - maybe, Mnemo, you could edit your last one to have Brinn reassure the girls with a few words?
Anyway, it's bedtime for me. See ya.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-26-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #557
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
...he's going to be adamantly on Asta's side in the matter of Smaug.
I wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
(Speaking of him, I keep forgetting about his dratted accent.*goes to edit*)
I like the accent! It makes your posts more interesting to read.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #558
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Forgot to say, Ang, I absolutely third G55's and Zil's applause for your last post. And come to think of it, Beren may well be Sador's real name, if he was named after his uncle.
If you were a baby named after the hero who performed the greatest Leap of Men and Elves, who also happened as you grew up to be definitely a cripple, would you by any chance rather adopt the name of, well, a cripple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Ang- I'm assuming your Írildë character was meant to be the noble lady in ancient Numenor, so I wrote that in. Please say so if you wish me to undo it. Also, I implied that in Middle Earth serious theater dramas generally favor prose over poetry. The poetic style is used to tell dramatic tales of course, but such things are performed by single speakers narrating the events. When it comes to theater, it has always been convention to speak as true to life as possible (though Aldarion implies that this is not necessarily true of comedies).
actually neither I nor Sad...Mr. Lameleg had a historical character in mind - any more than Shakkers referred to any particular Juliet: BUT I'm amused that the historically scrupulous Aldarion makes this assumption, let's keep it; Aerwen will respond to it in my next post. By the way, has Aldarion made any speculations about the mystery playwright's identity or would you rather not say?

re poetry, there will be rhyming and blank verse, as well as prose COMING SOON in the Lameleg canon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muse
we have two plots going along right now: the intrigue higher in the City and whatever else we're doing down here. I'm basically waiting until the former plot resolves itself before moving to the next day, and since it's taking a while you should feel free to at least say what Amdir's doing.
sorry, my fault. Kind of got ambitious re: the endless Renaissance drama jokes (ironically originally largely for Formendacil's personal amusement) but I hope it's not boring

will write a decent post tomorrow, bringing Aerwen and her guest to the party proper
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #559
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for the heads-up, G55 and Pitch. I'll edit something or other in tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #560
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel, the post is now fixed. Again, sorry about that--as I said before, I had started that whole post before any of you had posted.

Also, my very devious mind is suggesting a covert evening "jailbreak" on the part of those who believe Aldarion to be kidnapped, if we want to make things even harder for the players. Just an idea which I can't introduce in the actual gamethread.