The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
WWLXXI: Something in the Night (Attempt #2)

Night washed over the city like a sheet of oil across the street. Doors shut, bedroom lights went out, streetlights turned on. In the distance, a train whistle whined mournfully, then faded away. All was still, silent. Then, shadows. Shadows of young people, slipping through doorways, through the window, in and out of the streetlights, down the alleyways, down the streets. Through the hollow bones of the city they moved, like ghosts, like spirits waiting to be born.

A car engine roared, headlights flicked on. As if in answer, engines awoke all over the city, cars and motorcycles, each one a different voice, each one a holy escape. They were all there, the night children, the street people. Killer Joe, the Rat, the Barefoot Girl, the Circus Boy, Sonny, Hazy Davy, Kitty, the Ragamuffin Gunner, and many, many more besides. All of them searching, hoping, reaching out into a night full of promise and potential. A night for dreaming.

And off into this night they sped, out into the darkness on the edge of town, two by two, each pair searching for there something they alone would recognize. Hope. Life. Love. Solitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyB-L...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGU0z1DGO8E

And yet...all was not well. There were some that saw this dream and did not understand it. Some who hated it. Some who rode alongside their companions, silently plotting how they might strike down this dream while it was yet being born. But, they said nothing and their dark wishes, their anger and ill-will, were as yet nothing more than something in the night.

Wolves and PM-pals, PM. Seer, send a dream pick.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Nobody yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Day 1

The hot sun of late July rose quickly into the morning sky. It was early, and already the heat-waves were rippling across the black pavement downtown, creating mirages at the end of every street. Neon signs flashed on. Blinds went up. A garage door opened with a bang.

Still tired from the night before, young people began to appear on the streets among the growing crowds. Some clocked in for work. Some danced along the boardwalk, past the circus, past the arcades. Some ducked the cops. Some hid out in cool alleys, waiting for the moon to rise again, when they would meet their friends and lovers in secret rendezvous.

The noises rose to a steady hum: the twinkling music of the merry-go-round, the blaring car horns, the shouts of busy people, a clamor that would continue until the darkness came again. To some, the sound of so many and so much was music to thrive upon. To others, it was strangling and oppressive. To all, it was the sound of the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3jHqupTxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAvolRT3sX4

The Day had begun.

Post away, everybody.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Nobody yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Palantir-Green Song Parody, Take Two

Oh Where Are The Werewolves?

Narrator: "Now it's time for silly songs with Lottie.
The part of the show where Lottie comes out and sings a silly song.
Our curtain opens as Lottie, having just woken up this Morning, is searching for the werewolves. Having no success, Lottie cries out..."

Lottie: "Oh, where are the werewolves? Oh where are the werewolves? Oh, where,
oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh,
where oh, where ... are the werewolves?"

Narrator: "Having heard her cry, Morsul enters the scene. Shocked and
slightly astonished at the sight of Lottie not attacking, Morsul regains his composure and reports ... "

Morsul: "I think I saw a werewolf back there!"

Lottie: "Back there are the werewolves. Back there are the werewolves. Back
there, back there, oh, where, back there, oh, where, oh, where, back
there, back there, back there ... are the werewolves!"

Narrator: "Having heard her joyous proclamation, Shasta Althreduin enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Lottie voting, Shasta regains his composure and comments ..."

Shasta: "Why do you need to lynch them? You're a werewolf yourself!"

Narrator: "Lottie is taken aback. The thought had never occured to her. A wolf? What would this mean? What will become of her? What will become
of her track record? Lottie wonders ..."

Lottie: "A wolf, not an ordo. A wolf, not an ordo. A wolf, A
wolf, a wolf, a wolf, a wolf, a wolf, a wolf, not ordo, a wolf
.. not innocent!"

Narrator: "Having heard her wonderings, Mod Gwathagor enters the scene.
Shocked and slightly astonished at the sight of Lottie as an wolf, Gwatg regains his composure and confesses ..."

Gwath: "Lottie, that wolf role of yours ... Well, I never pmed it, you don't really need it. So, well, I'm sorry ... I didn't know. But you're not a werewolf - 'cause you're an ordo!"

Narrator: "Feeling a deep sense of relief, Lottie bounces up and sings..."

Lottie: "No fur, I'm an ordo! No fur! I'm an ordo. No fur, no fur, an ordo, no fur, innocent, an ordo, no fur, no
fur, no fur! I'm an ordo!"

Narrator: "Having heard her rejoicing, the Wolves enter the scene. Themselves celebrating, both Lottie and the Wolves are shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of...each other. But recognizing Lottie's
innocence, the Wolves are angry..."

Wolves: "We will kill you."

Narrator: "Yes, evil has been done here. The Wolves exits the scene. Lottie lives, but, still feeling a deep sense of dread about the coming Night, calls out ..."

Lottie: "We could still lynch you. We will still lynch you. We could, we should, we would, we will, lynch you, werewolves, lynch you, we will, lynch you ... evil werewolves."

Narrator: "The end!"
Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bad Scooter is pseudonym for Bruce Springsteen?
Which is the theme, so does that mean if I sing I scare the wolves away, or banish them somehow?
(without being so, I'm sure it would work anyways...)

xD
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Bad Scooter is pseudonym for Bruce Springsteen?
Which is the theme, so does that mean if I sing I scare the wolves away, or banish them somehow?
(without being so, I'm sure it would work anyways...)

xD
Not likely. I've already sang (twice!) and we're still playing.

Although, that could be the reason why we had to restart! My singing was so horrible the wolves begged Gwath for a chance to redo the game! Izzy, you're either a genius or you were a wolf last game and remember the agony!! Yayness.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Albert Einstein was pretty hairy, I think he was part lupine.
So was Galileo, Pascal, Da Vinci, Lincoln...

I see a theme popping out here. Any geniuses out there? xD