The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #161
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, it could have been worse. She could have killed the seer.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #162
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
But really, for god's sake... there were several people who were very happy to keep voting for you!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #163
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I shouldn't laugh.

I really shouldn't.

It's probably a good thing you can't see me right now.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #164
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Holy Moly 2 of these pages are in the last 15 minutes oh sticks...

At least sally didn't claim to be the Ranger...

Are people who are insisting on her revealing the Hunt doing so because they are afraid she is hunting one of them?

Quote:
I don't get what the quarantined are trying to accomplish with their vote. We know it's still in evil hand. It seems quite unlikely Brinn will be lynched toDay. If this is some attempt at reverse psychology, it's not working.
But you can only know it's not working when you know what it's trying to accomplish. And whatever Hui may or may not be trying to accomplish, my personal goal is precisely this.

Ok, caught up to GT. Welcome, newcomers!
Old 05-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #165
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Y'know, we're now into a gap in the rules - if Sally really is the Hunter, does she or her victim have the tie-break? Neither of them are night-kills, which is the only thing the rules rule out...

hS
Pretty sure it's still Sally, as Mac wasn't actually lynched. But will wait for Nog to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, it could have been worse. She could have killed the seer.
Lol. I'm sorry for laughing sally. But I would certainly have enjoyed that outcome.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #166
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
And whatever Hui may or may not be trying to accomplish, my personal goal is precisely this.
Okay, now I can speak freely, anyway.

My goal was to dissuade people from voting for her, which it did. The fact that I got night killed made her look less wolfish to me.

However, the fact that Huey voted for her toDay opens up a whole new discussion. After all, getting the "evil QT vote" for the second day in a row was about the safest position Brinn could be in.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #167
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
However, the fact that Huey voted for her toDay opens up a whole new discussion. After all, getting the "evil QT vote" for the second day in a row was about the safest position Brinn could be in.
I need a version of the smiley with great big pointy wolf teeth...

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #168
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Members of the QT

Just updating a list here as well. I'll try to update this daily form now on as the Thread seems to grow pretty fast.

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)

Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)

Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)

Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)

Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)

Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)

On another issue.

The first tie-breaker on Day4 will be Sally.

If Sally is not involved in a tie, then it will be hS whose vote decides.

In a case where neither is part of a tie, it is G55 who calls it.

If everyone votes a different person (omly other option if I counted it correctly in haste), then it is the latest incomer aka. next Night's victim whose vote counts.

This really is a special Village...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #169
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
And how do you know your reaction is not exactly what Hui intended?

See what I mean about low stakes / high level psychology? How do you know what level of bluff this is happening at? And who is being bluffed more: the GT or the future QT?
Old 05-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #170
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Skimmed the thread. I see I greatly overestimated the amount of conspiracy, or even thought, that you baddies put into the QT vote.

We're a majority of innocents in here at this point, and as long as we can remotely get our act together, we're in charge of the vote.

I am very sure that Boro is the seer. He has dreamt of Lommy and Brinn and found them innocent. I'm not sure who the third person is, but that person is innocent as well.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #171
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
And how do you know your reaction is not exactly what Hui intended?

See what I mean about low stakes / high level psychology? How do you know what level of bluff this is happening at? And who is being bluffed more: the GT or the future QT?
If so, he'd be prioritizing the reactions of people with a fraction of a single vote over those with a full vote each.

Sorry, my cobbler friend, you're outnumbered now and logical discussions can resume. Obviously "Huey voted for Brinn" isn't a complete case against her, but it does justify a close look through her posting history which (finally!) I can talk openly about.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #172
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:

Sorry, my cobbler friend, you're outnumbered now and logical discussions can resume.
Bah, it's just like I've always said: Team Evil has more fun.

(I have never said this.)

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #173
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I am very sure that Boro is the seer. He has dreamt of Lommy and Brinn and found them innocent. I'm not sure who the third person is, but that person is innocent as well.
I haven't been reading much of the last Day since my vote didn't count anyway - what did you base this on?
Old 05-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #174
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

When I went to analyze Boro I saw several things that looked excessively weird, but after a while the lights went on. I had to re-write everything and hint at him that I figured it out while keeping him in that semi-suspicious range that usually keeps people safe-ish from kills and lynches. I hope I didn't hint to obviously. I can post the details later.

We have all night after all....
Old 05-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #175
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I do have to say, Sally: If you had been more straightforward about your pick, then:

A) People's reactions to it would have been more telling.

B) I could have summarized my thoughts with a noose around my neck. If I turn out innocent, as I did, that might've been helpful for the village the next Day.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #176
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I am rather annoyed no one noticed my hunter hints.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #177
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
I am rather annoyed no one noticed my hunter hints.
You're not alone - I set up a potential Hunter claim in my very first post, by going on about Baby Turin.

I've spent the past Night and Day wondering if reappearing and claiming when the wagon on me got going would have helped. Thanks to this lynch, at least I can be comfortable I was going down anyway.

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #178
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Bwahahaha! If this doesn't make me pleased.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #179
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

On why I thought Boro was the seer.

The way he stays uninvolved but is able to go at great lengths about his thoughts when poked over it. He's not just goofing around having fun, he's just playing his cards really close to his chest.

His case against Lhuna - he didn't analyze anyone closely like that, so why her? Well, his analysis firmly rests on the assumption of Lommy's innocence. If he knew Lommy was innocent, it would make sense to suspect someone who makes a case against her that he doesn't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
"I'm voting G55 to avoid Brinn getting lynched" = wolf having trouble trying to create fake suspicions. So his reasoning isn't based on faked suspicions, but on what he KNOWS. Brinn is innocent.
This doesn't make any sense to me logically, but the "Brinn is innocent" part really reads like a seer hint for people to figure out after he's dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
So far I've had this feeling that I'm on the most direct trajectory that leads to wolves, but my aim is slightly off-center. Like I'm hitting the target, but I'm not going to win any marksmanship competition.
This either reads as a wolfish "Geez, I'm so sorry I haven't been good at spotting wolves, yet, but I'm totally trying." or a seerish "I haven't been able to dream of any wolves yet, but I'm really trying."

He's also very panicky about a bandwaggon against him after Sally's reveal. Borowolf does not lose his cool that quickly, but Boroseer might.

It's not airtight, so feel free to make fun of it.

I think he dreamt of Lommy during Night1 or Night2 and Brinn during Night3. I don't have any idea who the third is. I wonder whether it might have been Rikae during Night2.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:14 PM   #180
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I agree, Mac, that Brinn comment is especially odd.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #181
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Oh, but you haven't spotted the best bit.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:26 PM   #182
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Do share then.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:49 PM   #183
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Do share then.
Cue: I know something you don't know!

Or, as people on the thread keep reminding each other, I don't know anything. So, I see something you don't see!

I am just really happy you picked up on those bits and not the others.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #184
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I am just really happy you picked up on those bits and not the others.
Well, if it's relevant, Hui will know if it's true. Shame you can't talk to him privately.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:57 AM   #185
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

So we're voting Boro toMorrow, is that what I'm hearing? Sounds good to me!

hS
Old 05-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #186
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Kitanna? Sally? I'd love to hear from you!

We're 4 against 2 with the tie-breaker on our side, 5 against 2 once we get to vote again. So we're looking pretty good in here, unless we don't work together or have no-votes.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #187
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Did anyone else get a temporary blackout a short while ago?

Quote:
Well, if it's relevant, Hui will know if it's true. Shame you can't talk to him privately.
There's something I am 99% sure is true. But it's amusing to see you guys go on.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #188
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Speaking of swing and a miss....

Sorry, I had entered a brief but intense period of mourning. The people who were helping me paint my house thought someone had actually died.

I'm so forking angry. I finally decided, at literally the last minute, to be end the question of Mac and Huey once and for all. Sadly, I was on the losing side. So sorry, Mac.

Not bolded because I'm on mobile and the site is being wonky.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #189
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Oh man, Huey, watching you is bringing back memories of the frustration of being a wolf suspected for all the wrong reasons!

Anyway, I would like to exercise my right to vote. Maybe the delegates will be useful at the convention?

++Bernie
I just want you to know I tried to rep this post and it wouldn't let me. A+++++++++

Quote:
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: this was all-caps... the forum un-allcapsed it for me! What??
I KNOOOOOOOOW. *regretful sobbing* Also, I had the caps issue too the other day. How odd.

Our DL is in about two hours, yes/no?
Old 05-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #190
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'm so forking angry. I finally decided, at literally the last minute, to be end the question of Mac and Huey once and for all. Sadly, I was on the losing side. So sorry, Mac.
You know, I kept wondering about people who demanded most loudly *coughLegatecough* that you reveal your prey early. Out of curiosity, what made you decide to keep your cards close? Or you just didn't want to make a decision until the last moments of the Day?
Old 05-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #191
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Correct. (Except in Daytime).
Old 05-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #192
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
You know, I kept wondering about people who demanded most loudly *coughLegatecough* that you reveal your prey early. Out of curiosity, what made you decide to keep your cards close? Or you just didn't want to make a decision until the last moments of the Day?
I actually said I was hunting Lottie, or rather hinted at it, in a post I'll find and quote later. I like making people guess, but not like that. I was trying not to be That Lazy Girl who had people over to help me and then did nothing, but I finally sat down right before DL and told them I needed to do A Thing or it would be Very Bad. Sadly, I was too late.

Legate was such a curious cookie. They should fry him, perhaps.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #193
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I actually said I was hunting Lottie, or rather hinted at it, in a post I'll find and quote later. I like making people guess, but not like that. I was trying not to be That Lazy Girl who had people over to help me and then did nothing, but I finally sat down right before DL and told them I needed to do A Thing or it would be Very Bad. Sadly, I was too late.
I am pretty sure Lottie got the message. I am curious about what would have happened if Mac (and the rest) got the new message with time to spare.

*daydream: "No, I am the Innocent Child / Seer! Leave me for the wolves to kill!"*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Legate was such a curious cookie. They should fry him, perhaps.
Bake him. Because frying cookies would be weird.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #194
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kitanna? Sally? I'd love to hear from you!

We're 4 against 2 with the tie-breaker on our side, 5 against 2 once we get to vote again. So we're looking pretty good in here, unless we don't work together or have no-votes.
Out of spite I want to get Zil or Legate. But really, I did not not keep up with Day 3, except for the harrowing last minute stuff with our dear cupcake. I'm ready to be more active here on the QT once Day starts.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #195
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:

No, because it's night right now.

We can discuss now, but it could be wasted if the person we're analyzing gets night killed, so I'm going to wait for them.

We should probably not engage with G55 either. She doesn't know anything & is going to do whatever she can to provoke (if anyone wants to analyze Hui/their interactions, though, have at it - I'm going to be sifting through the living thread).

Last edited by Rikae; 05-10-2020 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #196
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Out of spite I want to get Zil or Legate. But really, I did not not keep up with Day 3, except for the harrowing last minute stuff with our dear cupcake. I'm ready to be more active here on the QT once Day starts.
Zil had some really wolfy moments in the stuff I read. I did want to go back and look at him more closely.

We also need to look at the under-the-radar types. There's been too much noisy debate about a handful of people and it's giving me a creepy feeling.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #197
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
We should probably not engage with G55 either. She doesn't know anything & is going to do whatever she can to provoke
Who, me?

I have been kind to you. But speaking of provoking, here is a thought-provoking question I did not get a chance to throw out on the GT. So while we chat the Night boredom away, here goes. If The Phantom was playing, he would surely have figured out a way to exploit the Innocent Child role. Probably by making them reveal early. Why? I don't know, I'm not TP, but he always has a reason. It does give the village a known innocent at the cost of losing their dear Lalaith in the Night, but it may be very useful in untangling some of the knots that were tied on D2 and D3.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #198
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
We also need to look at the under-the-radar types. There's been too much noisy debate about a handful of people and it's giving me a creepy feeling.
Lynch Lalaith!
Old 05-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #199
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hush now, child. The other desserts are talking.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #200
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Who, me?

I have been kind to you. But speaking of provoking, here is a thought-provoking question I did not get a chance to throw out on the GT. So while we chat the Night boredom away, here goes. If The Phantom was playing, he would surely have figured out a way to exploit the Innocent Child role. Probably by making them reveal early. Why? I don't know, I'm not TP, but he always has a reason. It does give the village a known innocent at the cost of losing their dear Lalaith in the Night, but it may be very useful in untangling some of the knots that were tied on D2 and D3.
The seer has plans. The wolves have plans. The phantom always has plans. You know, they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds.

I'm not a schemer, and look where that got me.

... wait... that's not quite how that quote goes.

Anyway.

A known innocent is a game-changer in the late game and roadkill in the early game.