The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #441
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Another worry: if we keep following Boro's suggestions, that's basically saying: "QT think Boro is the Seer"
Yes, but for whatever reason Boro doesn't seem worried about that. I'm surprised he's still alive toDay, and I think he's working to throw the wolves off his trail.

Also, it tells Boro we think he's the seer, which gives him more leverage without actually revealing . Our vote carries some weight at this point, for sure. His days are no doubt numbered but hopefully we can make sure they count and the village doesn't go too far astray. Ugh, that's punny ... I'll leave it.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #442
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't necessarily feel like Boro dreamed of Rune either. He might be out of known wolves and just gave us his main unknown suspect.

Nobody else among the living is going for him either, so we would again make Boro stick out somewhat if we go for Rune, with our chances of hitting a wolf possibly being only so-so.

After being suspicious of Loslote yesterDay, he has backed off of her toDay, in #1073 even complimenting a point of hers. Did he dream of her and, to his own surprise, found her innocent?

We had a considerable amount of influence on the voting yesterDay, and with the wolves aware of that, I daresay they are not going to put any wolf-on-wolf stuff into their plusminuses.

Boro for Rune
Lommy for Eonwe, Ka, or Inzil
Greenie for Inzil
Inzil for Brinn
Rune for Inzil

We should trust Boro's suspicion at least so far as to not follow Rune's suggestion. I'm suspicious of Greenie in addition, so I really don't want to go for Inzil toDay.

Following Boro we can trust Lommy, so if we want to avoid picking Rune, then Eonwe or THE Ka could be options for us. The point Boro picked up from Loslote was against Ka, while he's backed off of Eonwe. We would take the focus off him until we get a clearer message, while still providing a meaningful vote.

I hope Boro gets to tell us about his close looks at Ka, Kath, and Greenie before we have to vote.

So what do you guys think about a vote for THE Ka at the moment?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #443
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
So what do you guys think about a vote for THE Ka at the moment?
Possibly. Why her rather than Eonwe?
Old 05-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #444
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
THE Ka was the first to follow our vote yesterday, and her reasons looked manufactured. I think she spotted Boro's seerishness and followed his lead. I'm definitely not voting for her.

In fact I really think any vote aside from Rune is likely to backfire badly. We have more power scheming with a seer or even faux-seer than we do just voting like an extra village whose votes carry less weight (*shakes fist at electoral college*).

Let's not outsmart ourselves here. Boro knows he's going to attract attention. Suggesting we vote Rune could even *be* his cover: Rune isn't that likely to be lynched as it stands.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #445
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

After all, if the wolves think we erroneously think he's the seer, they'll likely want to keep him around.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #446
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I'm mostly on the boat with what y'all said here. I have been also thinking about Ka. She's kinda in a similar boat where Lhuna was for me. I just hope that with our luck, she isn't the Child or something.

I have been suspicious of Steve since forever, but he could be of course something else. And Shasta has been a horrible submarine of the worst kind. Still, the main problem with all three of these (the middle one maybe the most) is that I have very little actual suspicious points, or, there's a lot that could be either-or.

But I'm up for any of them. Or even following Boro's idea. But the question whether it wouldn't pull too much attention to him is valid. I'm still surprise tho that it hasn't already. So who knows.

(Been thinking otherwise - if there's some terrifying conspiracy and Boro is still a Wolf who bussed Lhuna to make himself live forever, obviously there would come a moment when the real Seer wouldn't let it stand, plus, it's still a long way till the numbers in the village are in such balance that it would be a problem.)

EDIT: X-ed with Rik
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #447
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Let's not outsmart ourselves here. Boro knows he's going to attract attention. Suggesting we vote Rune could even *be* his cover: Rune isn't that likely to be lynched as it stands.
Actually very clever points overall. Yeah... I think I could go with that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #448
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
THE Ka was the first to follow our vote yesterday, and her reasons looked manufactured. I think she spotted Boro's seerishness and followed his lead. I'm definitely not voting for her.
Point taken.

And I also see the point that picking anybody else at this point is just as much a shot in the dark as a living vote is.

But there's also a wicked part of me that feels like messing with Boro.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #449
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Point taken.

And I also see the point that picking anybody else at this point is just as much a shot in the dark as a living vote is.

Cobblerism is contagious.

If you were to mess with Boro, would it be +-Eonwe? Or Ka?
Old 05-13-2020, 10:59 AM   #450
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:

(Someone do tell me if I'm breaking any Downs rules about too many non-Tolkien images. I can't see one anywhere, but...)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:59 AM   #451
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Rune isn't that likely to be lynched as it stands.
Just to clarify: do you want Rune lynched?
Because after following the QT lead worked so well for innocents yesterDay we need to beware our power...
Old 05-13-2020, 11:06 AM   #452
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
(Someone do tell me if I'm breaking any Downs rules about too many non-Tolkien images. I can't see one anywhere, but...)

hS
All is fair in love and werewolf.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #453
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Have been reading a bit. Will be back in about 45 and will stick around until our DL.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #454
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I mean it would be hilarious to see his reaction to seeing a QT vote of ++Boromir88.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:22 AM   #455
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I mean it would be hilarious to see his reaction to seeing a QT vote of ++Boromir88.
I agree let's do it.

++BOROMIR88

(What? If we can confuse enough of you it might even go through!)

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #456
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

+- Votes List

Also for future reference:

Boro->Rune
Lommy->Eönwë (with THE Ka and Zil as B-options)
Greenie->Zil (with "THE Ka a strong runner up. I wouldn't actively mind Eonwe, Shasta, Brinn or Kath either.")
Zil->Brinn
Rune->Zil (secondary being Brinn and Eönwë)
Lottie -> Ka and Zil (equally)
Kath ->Zil and Eönwë
THE Ka->Shasta
Old 05-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #457
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Just to clarify: do you want Rune lynched?
Because after following the QT lead worked so well for innocents yesterDay we need to beware our power...
I think if Boro actually wants him lynched he'll try to keep the ball rolling, and if he doesn't, he'll try to redirect it. If I'm right about Ka, maybe some others looking at him as a possible seer, he may be able to.

But if we go for someone already under a lot of suspicion we'll seal their face, which seems too risky.

And because I can just imagine Boro's frustration if he's made a lovely plan and we mess it up trying to protect him! So,. I've convinced myself:

++Rune

Edit: fixing autocorrect
Old 05-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #458
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
we'll seal their face,
that sounds
I thought we were the good guys?

Ok I'm a newbie here so I'll do what I'm told - I'll just wait to see if the rest of the A team agree.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #459
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Btw I remember Roa too. She was formidable.

I had a misadventurous session as Seer in Lommy's Werepenguin game. I dreamed Boro the first night, and got sent a hilarious picture of a Rockhopper...anyway I got overexicted and tried to go after Boro straight away, he turned the lynch-mob around on me so I had to out myself. Roa stood beside me like a furious mother dragon at deadline, absolutely incandescent with rage at the village who had tried to lynch their seer - it was scary but strangely comforting.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #460
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
that sounds
I thought we were the good guys?

Ok I'm a newbie here so I'll do what I'm told - I'll just wait to see if the rest of the A team agree.
Looks like autocorrect won after all.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #461
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I mean the extremes are posting nonsense all Day and Night (in which case the innocents there do not know much)...
Oh Lommy, how well you know me.

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #462
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I'm going to have to peel off in about 5 minutes and won't be back for our QT deadline. Is everyone ok with ++Rune?
Old 05-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #463
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I'm going to have to peel off in about 5 minutes and won't be back for our QT deadline. Is everyone ok with ++Rune?
I'm going to vote that way. I haven't been able to do more than skim, but seeing Rikae vote that way and Boro who seems pretty trustworthy (so far...) hint that way, seems like a good bet.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #464
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Short version - basically okay.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #465
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I forgot to do my actual vote last post This day, geez

++Rune
Old 05-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #466
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

++ Rune

Ok, I'll do what I'm told. I do think he's innocent though.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #467
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Like, if Boro's been trying to hint us something else than that we should vote him, he did a bad job of making it clear.

Occurred to me now in the last moment that maybe he intended a two-way communication, i.e. "I suspect Rune, you check him yourselves and if your collective intelligence agrees with me, send me back a 'yes', if not, vote someone else" - but to be fair, a bit late for that. (Also yesterDay it worked totally differently.)

Anyway we can see.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #468
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
++ Rune

Ok, I'll do what I'm told. I do think he's innocent though.
Really? If you have time to elaborate later on why, I'm curious.
I haven't gotten a read on him at all. Which, makes me immediately suspicious at this point. To be this far in and not having any opinion worries me. But again, I've only skimmed toDay, I'm probably missing something.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #469
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I thought him innocent originally. But hey. In any case, it will at least get some discussion started about him. Which - even if we imagine that he was innocent - would force the Wolves to also express their opinions on him and they can either be caught suddenly jumping at him or defending him or need to interact with him if he's their packmate or whatever.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #470
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Come on, Team Evil, they've only got three votes on Rune! We could still swing this!

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #471
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

On the note of further spamming, now I did a really quick run-through of Rune and there's that, his super-independent voting behaviour plus the fact that he did not much interact with any of our resident Wolves. Greenie mentioned earlier in the thread that he's possible packmate for Hui but unlikely one for Lhuna because Lhuna undermined the likelihood of him being innocent based on my death, which did not make much sense, but perhaps exactly that was the way to safely distance oneself from a fellow... perhaps Lhuna could tell us something about that?

Note that this is all rather a justification afterwards for why to vote him than picking up reasons beforehand and then deciding to vote him based on that.

Since Boro's back, I'm waiting for some last-minute wisdom from him (but not that it matters now).
Old 05-13-2020, 12:47 PM   #472
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Also, apparently we are "GT thread" now. Cheers!

Old 05-13-2020, 12:50 PM   #473
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Also, apparently we are "GT thread" now. Cheers!
Let's not sport with Swapping Threads!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #474
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Come on, Team Evil, they've only got three votes on Rune! We could still swing this!
Your wish is my command!

++Boro

Also for reasons of being absolutely behind on GT shenanigans.

Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #475
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

++Karl Marx... I mean, Rune

Let's see what becomes of it.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #476
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry, I lost track of time.

++Rune

Just for a unified stance.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #477
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*rushes in*

++Borom... *cough*

++Rune Son of Bjarne
Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #478
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
perhaps Lhuna could tell us something about that?

++BOROMIR88

Hey if I couldn't get him on the other side, I could at least do so (in principle) here.

Also I wish people would stop using [name of Downer]-alysis: it conjures images of the said Downer spontaneously bursting.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #479
Kitanna
Child of the West

I enjoy the confusion the QT vote has sowed (sown, sowned...) on the GT. It is delightfully fun to watch.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:09 PM   #480
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Dang. How likely is it that Lhuna decided this vote?
I wish. Grumble grumble.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote