The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien Help support the German Tolkien Society!

To make a longer story short - the German bank ING-DiBa is hosting a competition between several organizations to win 1000€. One of the organizations competing is the German Tolkien Society, who would like to use the prize money to organize a proper celebration of the 75th anniversary of The Hobbit next year.

All you have to do to support is follow this link and click on the orange "Stimme abgeben" button. You will be then asked to enter you mail address for verification as well as the captcha code. Once you do this you will receive a verification mail. Following that link click once more on "Stimme abgeben" and you're done.

Please share this with other Tolkien fans you know or on another Tolkien fan sites!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Done! and will link on FB. Should I also put it up for the English TS page on FB or will you? I"m a member of the English society.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks for posting that info, TM! I voted yesterday, and the last look showed that the German TS is at rank 79 currently, which is fine. Let's keep the good work going!

Bb, I think the German TS has posted to the English TS page, but it's certainly worth checking to be sure...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Someone probably already took care of it, but I suspect that most votes would come from larger fan sites like LotR Plaza. I no longer have an account there, but if someone does and the matter has not been posted, it would also be worth mentioning.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up Just voted

Thanks for letting me know about this, The Might! I've just voted.
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

An important update - Ive just noticed that you actually have 3 votes, not just 1. So once you receive your link per mail you can vote twice more for the GTS.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Yes, you can vote three times - you get an e-mail link each time. Repeat offenders are very welcome!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Voted... SIX times! The benefits of having more than one email...

The translator tells me that the numbers are referring to the rank and the number of votes. But how can you have a decimal rank? Unless I'm totally dumb or the translator has gone on drugs...
Old 10-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

G55, what looks like a decimal number in English is actually 1143 (one thousand forty-three) - in German maths, commas and periods mean exactly the opposite. Example: 10,50 Euros (10.50 in English) or the above-mentioned 1.143 (1,143 in English).

What that number does mean is that we are no longer in the top 1000 groups. So if you haven't voted yet, please do so and help us to get back up there and achieve the financing!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
G55, what looks like a decimal number in English is actually 1143 (one thousand forty-three) - in German maths, commas and periods mean exactly the opposite. Example: 10,50 Euros (10.50 in English) or the above-mentioned 1.143 (1,143 in English).
Tis exactly so in Russian math as well. I get it now. Thanks!

But now the number is 1071. You guys are getting closer!

Edit: 1065... progress seen over 6 hours...

Last edited by Galadriel55; 10-21-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote