The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #201
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Diamond18 first signed onto the Downs three days before her eighteenth birthday. She is now nearly twenty.

Her real name is Sarah Rose, and she is a fellow member of an online writing group that I will get back to someday, I promise.

She was raised by swamp rats in the Bahamas, moved to LA, and there became some sort of shady eel dealer.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #202
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
As was already said, Diamond18's real name is Sarah Rose (with the probable inclusion of middle name Lita )

She shares my passion for fine rock music (one of her former signatures, if my memory is not failing me and it was hers indeed, hinted that maybe she enjoys the music by Nightwish, fascinating finnish band with female vocal. The quote in qeustions was Over the hills and far away. Or maybe it was a location? Anyways, since the sentence comes originally from the folk song, my deductions may be erroneous.

We do share passion for cats too (though how being raised by swamp rats enables one to love cats I fail to see... )

She is the one and only person (besides yours truly) I've seen using 'reason for editing' field above the post box. I think such a behavior should be encouraged - after all, such a field is there for a reason, eh? The latest 'reason' is 'blasted typos' (mine are usually 'dratted spelling' ones...)

She chose her nick when she was 18 (she will turn 20 on September 30, bye, crazed teenage years...). so now is stuck as Bryan Adams is - "Eighteen til I die, gonna be eighteen til I die' kind of stuff (unless UBB upgrades allow us to change screennames, so she'll be able to change hers simultaneously - Diamond19, Diamond20 etc )

She works in a library as a desk assistant, but, somehow I can't see her slithering among the readers saying 'sshhh!'. Probably she slacks (subject to revision once corrected) at her library work, and writes 'fantasy/horror/weird schtuff' in the library (mostly suited place for the feat, in my opinion - silence, atmosphere...)

================

Official Note (With no regards to what is written above): Hey, folks whatever happened to 'once in every ten posts or more' guideline?

*mutters under his nose: you make something voluntary, nobody does it...

It's not compulsory, yes, but be more responsible, pray!

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 08-20-2004 at 06:32 AM. Reason: spelling, comme toujours
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #203
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Diamond likes Daffy Duck has been a member nearly two yeas
and posts about 2.74 times a day is just under 3 years older than me making her 19 right now

and loves staring at the ceiling like me...ooh pretty white ceiling...............oh yeah post ok done
Old 08-20-2004, 12:56 AM   #204
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Well, well, three cross-posts in a row, that's something!

Nevertheless:

Morsul: Complaint in my previous concerning excessive obsession with the current thread applies, alas, to him too... But that may be as he's plotting his war in the land of Mordor (the last sentence should have been chanted, I believe). In two days time I'll be sending him B-day greeting PM, but only if I find PC to do so, as tomorrow I go out the town for my vacation. So accept my best wishes for your B-day on August 22

Saraphim is currently (I stalk, I do) viewing BarrowDowing Grudge Match :Gil-Galad versus Morsul thread. Absolutely no idea what that maybe about, promise to check once I finish posting here.

edit: Thread in question will not last long, as it is not Tolkien related whatsoever. Besides, it qualifies for Agony of Poor Spelling, as I will never be able to guess what BarrowDowing, actually, is...

Saraphim has a xanga site which is located at http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Fingolfin_II. Despite the name of the latter, she is a girl, under the name of Kira Bakke (sounds Swedish, are you of Viking descent, my lady?), born on March 16, 1988, in United States of America, or, narrowing the scope, in Las Vegas.

Probably she does not like it there, as in her location field she compares Las Vegas to Udun. But, again, I may be erring, as she may have been liking Udun in its time?

cheers

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 08-20-2004 at 01:12 AM. Reason: adding up Morsul's location, correcting something which sounded harsh on second reading
Old 08-20-2004, 01:05 AM   #205
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
HI joined the Downs in the most excellent month of September which is really cool/ironic because so many things in LotR happened in that month...

I presume he likes HP from his "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" and "Weasley is our King" sigs he's had. *grins*

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:11 AM   #206
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Quote:
under the name of Kira Bakke (sounds Swedish, are you of Viking descent, my lady? ),
I am of Viking descent, but I believe 'Bakke' is Norwegian. My first name is Russian, but that has almost nothing to do with my lineage.

Do Imladris!
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:13 AM   #207
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Imladris likes SpiderMan and Harry Potter and has some pretty cool avatars. Me and her once got into an argument in the Reputations thread but we settled it peacefully without a cat fight. One of her past signatures was "be excellent to each other. Party on, dudes", one of my favourite quotes ever

HI, you wrote about Diamond's location being 'over the hills and far away'. That used to be my location actually Apologies in advance if Diamond had it too...
Old 08-20-2004, 05:04 AM   #208
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

My memory failed me, than. My apologies, Evisse.

Since I'm not willing to swim contrary to my own stream of 'no less than ten posts in between', I will refrain from extended revision of Evisse's biography and satisfy your curiosity with the brief note:

If 'over the hills and far away' were indeed drawn from Nightwish's song, than, like Diamond18, Evisse the Blue must also be 'connoisseur of fine rock music'

The participant after me, pray review Evisse the Blue, not yours truly

Tip: Nighwish released new album recently, under the name of Once. It may be a safe bet to say something along the following lines: Yestereve Evisse, being higher than hope, was enjoying some music and wishing she had an angel...

Respectfully kidding,

yours

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 08-20-2004 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:28 AM   #209
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Well, H-I, is a pal of mine who used to be involved in the Revised Silmarillion Project in the downs and hopefully has read and will comment on what we did on our Fall of Gondolin chapter.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:34 AM   #210
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Gosh, HI, never joke like that again... I wince at purple prose, but I appreciate the fact that you're yourself a connoisseur of Nightwish song titles.

Please do Maedhros next.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #211
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Before I do Maedhros:

Sorry, H-I, I've never listened to Nightwish. (Except for some Amazon.com samples). You were indeed thinking of Evisse with that location line. My definition of "fine rock music" is a bit tongue in cheek, since I listen to a lot of alt rock which isn't supposed to be as highfalutin' as my phrasing.

Actually, I would love to have the screenname "Diamond20" and would gladly keep it even after I turn 21, since I am after all a fan of Matchbox 20. However, I might confuse people with the change, so being forever young is not bad either.

And exactly ten posts have elapsed since I last posted!

Maedhros

His birthday is December 10th, but he does not divulge the year. Could he be older trying to appear younger or younger wanting to be older? Or ageless? Hmmmmm....

He averages .65 posts per day, and has started 29 threads. He appears to be actively involved in the Revised Silmarillion Project. He also may be lacking one hand.

Last edited by Diamond18; 08-20-2004 at 03:40 PM. Reason: forgot to reply about the screenname
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:18 PM   #212
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Diamond18, aim handle is sarah_lita_rose. But I don't know why, but for the longest time I thought that she was a he.

She is very friendly with all of the fellow downers and will someday venture into the dark depths of the Revised Silmarillion Project.

P.S. She may like Daffy duck.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #213
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
our good friend Maedros was born on december second and doesnt post much he has .65 posts per day and thinks without outside intervention Hobbits are all good natured...
Old 08-21-2004, 01:33 PM   #214
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Morsul has an uncle named Deithelm, who I think must be a marshall of the Riddermark ...... he has one cousin who is a grade A swimming team captain and another who is a grade D football goalie ....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #215
paavo
Shade of Carn Dûm

paavo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to paavo
if mithalwen would have joined the fellowship she would probably have gone as far as Bree. She has had a brief teaching career in a "sink" school with a lot of very troubled and difficult kids.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:51 AM   #216
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
pavvo was born on November 10 and lives in Finland.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #217
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paavo
if mithalwen would have joined the fellowship she would probably have gone as far as Bree.
When I posted that I had forgotten about the Barrow Wights..... so actually I think I would have tagged along with Gildor :P

Sirirtheruwen next.....

Old 08-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #218
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Sirth wonders if her Starfire avvies scares ...Eomer i think...or another downer
Old 08-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #219
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Narya Gil-galad

He is a quizzer. He is conscious of his number of posts. He plays quite a lot of strategy games on computer.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:35 AM   #220
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

well first off NP is killing me in Cryptic Clues

Secondly he's no very religous

and he has kept his sig for very long time shooiting for a world record Forever I believe it was?
Old 08-23-2004, 04:20 AM   #221
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Morsul is the member who changes his avatar the most, me thinks...
His interests according to his profile are: Making Scrumdibliumptious bars, Sizzling Slugworth, Make everlasting gobstoppers, and Odd outfits, whatever that means...
And he can be frequently be found in the Quiz area!
Old 08-23-2004, 03:51 PM   #222
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Mariska Greenleaf thinks that Karl Urban is 'attractive', & loved his role as Eomer. She somehow knew that Tolkien once participated in a swimming contest while wearing a hat & smoking his pipe. She's never had a dream about lotr (that she can remember), is obviously big on quote games, & she joined the Barrowdowns in June of 2003.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:11 AM   #223
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

The Only Real Estel's favorite movies are Van Helsing and Pirates of the Carribean. His favorite character in Van Helsing is er, Van Helsing and in PotC is Captain Jack Sparrow. He has very good taste in characters and movies, I daresay.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:28 AM   #224
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sleepy loves video games and plays a lot of sports. He set a record by playing VGs for 17 hours straight. He knows the LOTR books almost by heart judging by his posts in the Quotable Quotes.
He likes vampire movies, apparently.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #225
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Evisse was born on January 15, 1982, and is thus four years older than me. Interests include X-Files, hiking, and ice skating; is a self-employed daydreamer.

Evisse also has a much lofty sig, based on a segment of Alice In Wonderland (I think. Was that poem in Wonderland or Through the Looking-glass?)

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~
Old 08-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #226
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Saphy is two years older than me. She is a Chair-person on the Golden Ring Marathon. (Why have ye left us, Saphy? Why?)
Old 08-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #227
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Elennar is a fellow Eomer stalker. She also has a location that I envy muchly. And she, too, tends to write depressing poetry (so she says). She also does NOT have blue eyes (contrary to popular belief). They're hazel/green.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:20 AM   #228
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Siri is quite impeccably Starfire's associate in stalking Eomer, the most important item on her biography are her issues, she has taken a liking to her Teen Titans avatar and apparently loves to publish prose on fictionpress.net.
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:28 AM   #229
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inkling writes short stories and is currently working on one called "Samm"

and she is a highschool sophmore
Old 08-25-2004, 08:22 AM   #230
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Morsul wants to teach English because of his love for Romeo and Juliet.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:05 PM   #231
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Imladris is into Phoenix(es), saves me time by resizing any potential avatars I've found that need re-sizing, & considers Fordim to be proffessorish.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:50 PM   #232
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White Tree

TOR Estel likes swimming and basketball. His favourite BD threads are :
"What do other BDers look like?"-" Know yer mates, or a Member Above Ye" - "Grima Crying??? "
Old 08-25-2004, 07:30 PM   #233
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
And she, too, tends to write depressing poetry (so she says).
PM me if ye want proof...I'll send ye an example.

Next person do Orofaniel.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:00 AM   #234
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Orofaniel has probably one of the most insane avatars I have ever seen...and I love it. She joined the Downs on April 27 of the previous year and has exactly 1.5 average posts per day. She thinks boredom is an occupation.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:47 AM   #235
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Lhunardawen
-Reads Artemis Fowl, the book
-Apparently favors the quote about near-sighted elves and such
-Has glasses
-Her hair confuses her
Old 08-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #236
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Gil-galad is a huge fan of http://www.homestarrunner.com and has great taste in avatars. His sigs nearly always match his avatar (maybe always, I'm just covering all my bases with the 'nearly'). His posts tend to crack me up, and his location is simply brilliant.

Fea
Old 08-26-2004, 10:02 AM   #237
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Feanor is an artist, about 5"3 and she abhors yellow as a colour for clothes.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:09 AM   #238
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mithalwen

joined 5-21-04
her first post was in 20 questions
8 days after she joined
Old 08-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #239
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Morsul is a candy man apparently and his b'day is on the 22nd of August and he seems to have taken a liking to Willy Wonka.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #240
paavo
Shade of Carn Dûm

paavo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to paavo
Sleepy Ranger doesn't like the Harry Potter movies but enjoys the books. He also likes to cook.