Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2002, 11:08 AM   #1
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye Blue Sky, Night Thunder: The Fool's Errand

All right, here we go!

Thorondruin gazed around the room, looking for someone who could help him. He didn't need anyone specific, just someone large and strong. He moved up to the bar and ordered an ale. He continued to look around, but didn't spot anyone he'd like to invite on his mission. And he couldn't trust just anyone...he was going to steal one of the fabled Silmarils and that required very trustworthy people. He didn't see anyone like that here. With a sigh, he finished his ale and got up to leave. This was the third Inn he'd tried and he hadn't seen anyone he'd trust with a cup of water, let alone his life. He started toward the door, but halfway there he was accosted by a big, black haired man who smelled like he hadn't bathed or had anything but ale for a week. "Hold it, little man," he growled, "I think you should just hand over that coin you're carrying." Quickly, Thorondruin sized the man up. He was big, but slow. Also drunk. He shouldn't pose a problem. "Get out of my way, now, and there won't be a problem. You'll probably even leave here alive."

The big man laughed and swung a ham-fist at Thorondruin's head. Thorondruin ducked and swung his dagger at the man's cheek, laying it open to the bone. "That was a warning." he said, "Try it again and I'll go for your throat." Ignoring the warning, the big man tried again. Thorondruin neatly cut his throat and left him where he fell. He brandished his bloody dagger at the rest of the Inn's patrons and said softly, "Anyone else who wants to try robbing me, I'm ready." There were no takers. Thorondruin left the Inn, but as he walked down the street, he heard running footsteps behind him and someone shouted "Wait!" He turned around and raised his dagger, ready.

[ December 25, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]