The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #441
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't know what Shasta is up to, I've never seen him behave like that. Maybe it's just that he got some attention.

++Izzy

Her Shasta suspicion is weird & she was trying to downplay things that pointed towards Boro & Eomer's not being wolves.

Sorry I have to go, no time for more. I doubt very much I'm going to make it back in time, although I suppose there's a slight chance I can do so...
Old 05-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #442
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Usually if people don't show up, it's for real life reasons. And well in my opinion Kath is not as much of a background lurker than some people who might have more posts than her (say, Mira & Gwath).
As yet I do not have past histories of players to rely on and am pretty much learning as I go.

Quote:
Yes you did give your reasons there, but they were more like describing what Kath's been doing and raising a single single thing that looked weird to you.
And as for keeping her in mind, that comment looked pretty opportunistic. Like, "I'll keep her in mind and start suspecting her again if someone else does, too, but if not well then I just forget about her!"
If Eomer is evil Zil might be worth a closer look.
I thought my reasoning no flimsier than that used by others when people have actually been lynched. To each his (or her) own, I suppose.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #443
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Since the deadline is pushed back, I'll definitely be around the final hour or so tomorrow.

I would say this day has been disappointing (as far as very little action), but we're pretty much still stuck on Day 1 at this point, so there isn't much we can do. We haven't found a Baddie yet, and until that happens it's going to be difficult to come up with anything.

So Fea's gotten a couple votes today. I haven't really taken a look at her thus far, but even if I did there isn't much to analyze. And Agan went for Izzy again. I'm tempted to do that as well in hopes that the voting yesterday may actually be proven to mean something.

Meh. I'm not even going to try and make a decision at this point. I'll show up in the morning with a clear head and go whatever direction seems good to me. Good night.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #444
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
As yet I do not have past histories of players to rely on and am pretty much learning as I go.
Pardon? I mean, how does that relate?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #445
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I didn't believe Boro to be evil in any sense. So why would I try to make him look like a wolf?
How does one thing turn into thingS?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #446
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Pardon? I mean, how does that relate?
Agan seemed to say that Kath did not have a tendancy to be a shadow haunter. I read it to mean 'in Kath's history as a player', of which I don't have much information. If she meant 'in this game I don't see her as a lurker', my statement was not relevant and I humbly retract it.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #447
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Agan seemed to say that Kath did not have a tendancy to be a shadow haunter. I read it to mean 'in Kath's history as a player', of which I don't have much information. If she meant 'in this game I don't see her as a lurker', my statement was not relevant and I humbly retract it.
Ok, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: Whoa ho ho. 2000 posts as of now!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #448
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I don't know what Shasta is up to, I've never seen him behave like that. Maybe it's just that he got some attention.

++Izzy

Her Shasta suspicion is weird & she was trying to downplay things that pointed towards Boro & Eomer's not being wolves.

Sorry I have to go, no time for more. I doubt very much I'm going to make it back in time, although I suppose there's a slight chance I can do so...
Wow. GUILTY.

(Bolding of the first two sentences mine.)

Last edited by Gwathagor; 05-23-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: bolding clarification
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #449
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Was that too terse? Let me expound.

If Aganzir is talking about the big post that Shasta made earlier toDay, Aganzir's remark doesn't make any sense because Shasta really didn't say anything particularly weird in that post. He did, however, direct some pointed comments in Aganzir's direction and it looks a lot to me like Aganzir is trying to brush it all off as nothin'. Aganzir's flippancy here and other places is making me suspicious.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #450
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I should probably vote now, as I didn't sleep much the previous night and there's a possibility I won't hear the alarm or will turn it off without waking up.
I don't care for Mira's reason for voting Fea. It appears to be based entirely on past experience playing with her, and is that really what we need at this point if the good guys are to win?
Izzy is a possibility too. She voted early for Mith (2nd vote), than expressed anger that she had not been around at the deadline to retract. She said she had not expected a bandwagon effect. Why vote for someone if you don't want them lynched? She claimed to have not noticed Shasta's miscount. She berates him for voting Mith and not giving good reasons, when her reason was that all Mith's posts were 'empty filler', 'banter', and 'spam'.
I'm about to fall asleep in my chair now, so it's

++ Izzy

Edit- 1000 posts!!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #451
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Alright then.

++Aganzir

Good night.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #452
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shasta + Aganzir = Nefarious Mates.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #453
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shasta + Aganzir = Shastaganzir?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #454
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ha. Haha.

Not quite.

Care to share your suspicions?
Or are you just going to skip that toDay, and go straight to the bandwagoning Mr. Nefarious?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #455
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Izzy is a possibility too. She voted early for Mith (2nd vote), than expressed anger that she had not been around at the deadline to retract. She said she had not expected a bandwagon effect. Why vote for someone if you don't want them lynched? She claimed to have not noticed Shasta's miscount. She berates him for voting Mith and not giving good reasons, when her reason was that all Mith's posts were 'empty filler', 'banter', and 'spam'.
I find person A and person B suspicious. I vote person A. Person B votes person A after me.

That is a bit alarming to me. It speaks in Person A's favor, and person B's disfavor.
Especially if more people vote Person A, and it has turned into a bandwagon.

Bandwagons are nasty things. Most of the time, they are on innocent people. Follow?

What does Shasta's miscount have to do with anything?

Shasta didn't even give a reason as to why he voted for Mith. In my opinion from reading his posts and seeing his behavior. He jumped on a wagon. He didn't even vote for one of his suspects. That is the name of the game if you are innocent - you vote for whom you find suspicious. If you are a baddie, you have ulterior motives, and you aren't looking to lynch your baddie mates.
We are trying to find the baddies - how is posting a bunch of spam, banter, and emptiness going to find the baddies?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #456
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I gave a reason earlier on today.

1-4 - Izzy finds it
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #457
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You didn't give a reason when you voted for Mith.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #458
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ha. Haha. Hahaha.

*dies laughing*

Oh no. Nononono. It can not possibly be that easy.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #459
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I gave a reason earlier on today.

1-4 - Izzy finds it
Eh! You don't give odds, and I won't make arrows. Deal?

(Further comments pending after I've read everything.)
Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #460
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Place your bets now!

Izzy will actually explain the reason behind her outburst of fiendish laughter. (4-1)
Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #461
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I will, Nerwen.

Just re-reading for further insight.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 AM   #462
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Eomer- I don't think you ever answered the question I asked at the beginning of the day. Are you the RB?
Right-back? Nay, I was usually left-back in the school fitba team.

Oh, you mean a role in this game. Robber Bridegroom? Er, no. Sorry. Why are you asking? You think it'll be that easy?

Hey Kath, are you the RB?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #463
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Now, Shasta and Gwath: just... hold your horses, eh? You're giving me a row about not keeping my Seer-hints to myself?

Did you see the way Mithalwen was acting? And do you not suspect the wolves would be asking each other, perhaps, "Yo, what's up with Mith?" (had she not been lynched, of course.)

Normally we shouldn't be discussing who the Seer is but in a case like yesterday's, when one of the lynch-candidates is clearly screaming "I have a secret!" why try to cover up the elephant in the room?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #464
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Gwath, even though Aganzir keeps chipping away at me (and I'll answer that last one in a moment) I'm not sure I get your vote.

Shasta is acting a bit strange; I'm not sure why you limit Aganzir's thoughts to that one long post he made. And just going for it in a Eureka moment? I guess you can still retract if you want to.

Still, I feel uneasy picking sides between the three of you right now. Hrm...
Old 05-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #465
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Not twisting - paraphrasing.
It sort of looked like you slipped Izzy is innocent or something. And no, I didn't see you were talking about the beginning of the day. If there was something that indicated so, point it out, please.
Well, there was nothing to indicate it; you're making assumptions about my meaning, and then asking me to prove myself. If I don't answer this then I look more suspicious to you; now that I am answering it, I'm coming across as defensive to everyone else (and you too, probably). But oh well, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have said nothing, nothing, to do with Izzy. I was speaking about Mithalwen only. I asked "Why would it matter if we killed Mith over any other innocent?" - this means: What made Mithalwen special?

You skipped over the whole point of the sentence and saw meaning in the superfluous words at the end: you have Izzy on the brain, I think, even if some of us don't.

And that does it: now I'm going to have to judge Izzy's case. Was it last game I helped get her lynched? Let's see what happens now. She's been *cliche alert* flying under my radar *end cliche* so far.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:01 AM   #466
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Quintuple post? Awesome!

And is anyone going to speak about why Mithalwen wanted to kill Shasta? What was that all about?

Now: apologies for this, but it seems no-one else is around. I will now disappear for a couple of hours at least.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:16 AM   #467
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
And is anyone going to speak about why Mithalwen wanted to kill Shasta? What was that all about?
Still there? I've said it already: she must have had a strong hunch and/or been persuaded of the validity of her own reasoning.

She can't have known he was evil... not in her role.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #468
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

As per Izzy's ultimatum (stop giving me ultimatums, dearheart, or I'll be forced to post your real name in this thread for everyone to see!), I will be voting someone I have voiced suspicion on. Whee.

++Eomer

....Oh come on. It was only a matter of time.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:09 AM   #469
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Eomer ... go for Shata tomorrow it is worth it . please .... make the wolves kill me or ..... this will mean you are another Ordo down.
Yep, this be a strange one to decipher.

Ok, ok, Shasta comes out on Day One and professes that he is an Ordo. This was seen by some as strange, though I thought "fair enough" seeing how the majority of villagers have some sort of role.

But in this village, as has been remarked upon, this is a clear invitation, whether deliberate on Shasta's part or not, for the BBW to choose him. There's a fair chance he has been chosen by BBW, and a decent enough chance of him actually being LRC - and thus a wolf.

Is it enough to go on? Maybe he was bluffing and was a wolf to begin with, or possibly even a good gifted. And there was originally a greater chance of him being a normal Ordo, but now that Nienna and Lommy have been proven normal...
Old 05-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #470
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

ToDay will set a new record for dodgy voting (2-1)

Why, how nice of you to join the party, Shasta!

Seriously, has there been one single vote so far that hasn't been really, really questionable?

EDIT:X'd with Eomer.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #471
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Is it enough to go on? Maybe he was bluffing and was a wolf to begin with, or possibly even a good gifted. And there was originally a greater chance of him being a normal Ordo, but now that Nienna and Lommy have been proven normal...
Ahem. I explained this yesterDay: Wilwa said she wouldn't tell us if Red Cap were to die before being turned, so it could have been Lommy or Nienna– the odds of Shasta being LRC haven't changed.

(The odds that he's been checked by the BBW, on the other hand...)
Old 05-24-2009, 05:24 AM   #472
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Votes: Day Two

Lari for Boro: doesn't like the way he sounds. Pretty meaningless vote.

Gaurcrist for Boro: gut feeling vote.

Kath for Eomer: something to do with Lommy's posts - unexplained really.

Mirandir for Fea: Hmm. Unclear.

Boro for Mith.

Sally for Eomer: another gut feeling vote.

Gwath for Boro: consistency with previous vote.

Izzy for Mith: she thought Mith's posts were lacking substance.

Shasta for Mith: because he preferred her to Boro or Eomer.

Inziladun for Kath: unexplained.

Nerwen for Izzy: rather her than Boro, Mith or Eomer.

Aganzir for Izzy: rather her than Boro or Mith.

Mith for Izzy: self-preservation, I guess.

Phantom for Izzy: I guess instead of Boro or Mith.

Green for Mith: rather her than Izzy or Boro.

Eomer for Shasta: can't decide between Boro, Mith and Izzy.

McCaber for Mith: unexplained.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #473
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ahem. I explained this yesterDay: Wilwa said she wouldn't tell us if Red Cap were to die before being turned, so it could have been Lommy or Nienna– the odds of Shasta being LRC haven't changed.

(The odds that he's been checked by the BBW, on the other hand...)
Ack, sorry. Bad Eomer, back to the cellar with ye...

That's the second time I've misread the rules.

Ignore me henceforth.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #474
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Now, a lot of the votes yesterday, when people were choosing between Boro, Mith and Izzy, are interesting. It might be worth lynching Izzy on the off-chance that she is a wolf, because if so it will give us loads of info. I think this was mentioned before but now I see it for myself.

Also, Gwathagor's voting has been just really horrible. Voting Boro on the first day, apparently because he had decided beforehand to vote for him; then Boro again on the second day, to keep consistent; and now Aganzir totally out-of-the-blue on one comment that no-one else has even picked up on.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #475
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Going on voting along, and disregarding reasons.... When I say lead, I mean whom would end up getting lynched.

Day One

Lari -> Phantom
Boro -> phantom 2
Mira -> Sally
Mith -> phantom 3
Kath -> Lommy
Sally -> Agan
Fea -> Boro
Gwath -> Boro 2
Nienna -> Fea
Shasta -> Boro 3
Lommy -> Shasta
Eomer -> Nienna
Boro -- phantom 2
Izzy -> Shasta 2
Zil -> Nienna 2
GReenie -> Shasta 3
Mith -- phantom 1
phantom -> Lari
Lommy -- Shasta 2
-> Nienna 3
Boro -> Nienna 4
Caber -> Nienna 5
Agan -> Shasta 3
Mith -> Shasta 4

Boro puts phantom into an early lead. Mith adds to it. Shasta puts Boro in the lead about halfway through the votes. Boro retracts and keeps himself in the lead. Greenie puts Shasta in the lead. Lommy puts Nienna in the lead with her retraction and revote. Boro and Caber propel Nienna further into the lead. Agan and Mith try to bring Shasta back.

Greenie putting Shasta in the lead - is either a mate hopping on the wagon to make herself look better in the future; or they aren't mates at all.
Caber looks like he was hopping on the wagon.
_________

Day Two

Lari -> Boro
Guar -> Boro 2
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer 2
Gwath -> Boro 3
Izzy -> Mith 2
Shasta -> Mith 3
Zil -> Kath
Nerwen -> Izzy
Agan -> Izzy 2
Mith -> Izzy 3
phantom -> Izzy 4
Greenie -> Mith 4
Eomer -> Shasta
Caber -> Mith 5

Gaur puts Boro in the lead. Sally puts Eomer in the lead. Gwath puts Boro back in the lead. Shasta puts Mith in the lead. Mith puts Izzy in the lead. phantom furthers Izzy into the lead. Greenie puts Mith back in the lead. Caber furthers Mith in the lead.

Greenie's, phantom's, and Caber's votes look the most wagon hoppish.
________

Out of both days, I think Caber looks pretty bad for his wagon hopping votes; not to mention he was involved in lynching two innocents.

I know I had another point to this, but I feel my brain starting to shut down.

X'd since Nerwen's #467.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #476
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shasta, when and where did I give you an ultimatum? Sorry to say, but you don't scare Christina. Hah!

Honestly, not the direction I figured you to vote. But I see. Doesn't make you any less foul.

Really Eomer, lynching me on the off-chance I am a wolf? At least try to come up with a valid and rational case.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 AM   #477
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Disagree with it all you want but there's nothing irrational about it. I'm not saying I'm for it but it's an option for the village.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #478
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ouch sorry for the late arrival guys. Last night just didn't happen for me! Am I right in thinking by the way that I have an hour and a half until deadline?

Gone reading.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #479
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh yeah, and having skimmed this page, why does Eomer have so many posts and why did Izzy have maniacal laughter?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #480
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Leaning towards innocent:

Aganzir (despite her testing me ), Nerwen, Gaurcrist (maybe).

Thinking evil:

Phantom, Gwath, Kath, Greenie, Lari.

In between

McCaber, Inziladun, Fea, Mirandir, Izzy and.... Shasta.