The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #361
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah and cross posted with exactly that.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #362
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If Sally is the seer (more about that in a sec) and neither of Morsul and Kath is a wolf we're dead for certain.

Ergo better hope one of the three is a wolf at least.

edit: xed with Sally and Kath
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #363
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Two votes for me means we have to be very careful now, and I think a bit swift as well.

I think our only hope is if Kath is a wolf and we all vote her before I get to four? Am I wrong?

Obviously I won't be leaving my computer again. Sweet magical cupcakes.

x'd with Lommy, and exactly
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #364
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I mean, you're literally asking for it, so yes, fine, I'm the seer. Of all games to be busy at the wrong times.

Boro and Morsul are innocent. Sadly that's all I know of use right now.

Night one: Boro (because my prince!)
Night two: Morsul
Night three: Lottie (again, sorry!)

Like I said, the dead are fallible.
OK, I'm sorry to have drawn you out, but like I said... 'Vote for literally anybody else', you said. There's only one role who can make that call.

But that means we've got two known innocents, even if the wolves kill you toNight. And if they don't, hoping to discredit you... we've seen that play out, haven't we, Morsul?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-25-2021 at 03:51 PM. Reason: x-e with Kath's vote etc.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #365
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mind you, from what I guess the dead have told us, Pitch must be a wolf? I've been wrong before, so I suppose it's possible.

We all have to agree either way. Yikes.

x'd with Pitch
Old 04-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #366
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lommy, if you're an innocent and not a wolf, please go with your good sense here. Your own analysis of Lottie showed you a Pitch/sally/Morsul choice and GhostForm confirmed we were on the right lines. You were seconds off voting sally anyway, and only then did this little orchestration occur.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #367
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, so back to the drawing board.

We have a Ghost thing pointing at one of Morsul, Pitch and Sally.

Then we have Sally claiming to be the Seer and saying that Boro and Morsul is innocent.

So this would leave Pitch guilty by elimination, or else there is something completely messed up.

Or sally is simply lying (and in a really bizarre way given that Morsul just voted her). To be honest that would be the easiest solution for this mess.

EDIT: x-ed with a few
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #368
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Mind you, from what I guess the dead have told us, Pitch must be a wolf? I've been wrong before, so I suppose it's possible.

x'd with Pitch
I thought the Dead were fallible?
I'd say vote myself rather than sally, but since I'm innocent, outcome would be the same.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #369
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
This ridiculous by play between sally and Pitch is making me think there is more than one wolf in that little gang, because if sally is the Seer I'll eat my hat
The easiest trick for a wolf hiding as seer naming innocents.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:55 PM   #370
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I thought the Dead were fallible?
I'd say vote myself rather than sally, but since I'm innocent, outcome would be the same.
They are fallible, which is why I haven't voted yet.

Gah, this is insanity. Bat excrement, as Lommy said the other day.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:55 PM   #371
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:

x'd with Pitch
Ah so a few minutes ago the Dead are totally wrong and none of you, Morsul or Pitch could be a wolf, and you wouldn't vote for any of them. But now it's totally fine for Pitch to be a wolf and the Dead Thread do have information after all.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #372
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Ah so a few minutes ago the Dead are totally wrong and none of you, Morsul or Pitch could be a wolf, and you wouldn't vote for any of them. But now it's totally fine for Pitch to be a wolf and the Dead Thread do have information after all.
Proving that we're all fallible, I guess.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #373
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Idk. I wouldn't put it past wolf!Sally to make a false seer reveal.

Then again, I have been waiting for the seer to reveal toDay. I mean, even if they're so unlucky all their dream subjects are dead, they could still give us one known innocent (themselves), and if the game continues, another known role toMorrow via the ghost. Surely that's what any sensible seer would do at this point when we have to lynch a wolf or die? If nothing else then at least to stop a fake reveal?

And no one has come forward except Sally. That makes me think she might be the real deal.

Anyway, if someone else than Sally is the seer, they should spill the beans now. Because if we trust Sally and she's not the seer, we're doomed. Knowing whether she's bluffing or not is a question between life and death for the village toDay.

(Also, so much for going to sleep early today...)

edit: xed with almost everyone
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #374
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Or I could be wrong, and Pitch or Morsul could be a wolf. That's equally possible, though I've seen nothing from Pitch I would find suspicious.
How could Morsul be a wolf if you dreamed him on N2?
Old 04-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #375
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So I’m only able to read not able to share more my thoughts and reaction. But I’m going with what I said earlier, the Ghost has given a list of at least 1 wolf. This is orchestrated by wolves.

++sally

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty confident I’m not.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #376
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
How could Morsul be a wolf if you dreamed him on N2?
Yeah, I regretted posting that as soon as I hit submit, realizing it muddied any possible tracking of my dreams.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:58 PM   #377
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
ah so a few minutes ago the dead are totally wrong and none of you, morsul or pitch could be a wolf, and you wouldn't vote for any of them. But now it's totally fine for pitch to be a wolf and the dead thread do have information after all.
<3
Old 04-25-2021, 04:00 PM   #378
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Et tu, Boro?
Old 04-25-2021, 04:01 PM   #379
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Et tu, Boro?
Yeah sorry my dear. I think those antics just sealed my opinion.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:03 PM   #380
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
All of this unfolding is very confusing, it's a bombshell, perhaps the timing is not coincidence making me more suspicious of Pitch and Sally.

Not sure where to vote want to see what Thinlómien says. Edit: He already spoke and i missed the post sorry!

Last edited by Soriman the Whide; 04-25-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Soriman the Whide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #381
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I will actually say what I was trying to reason for like an hour before this all mess started to happen. Basically it comes down to several main points. One is whether the Wolves came to this Day with a strong pull or whether they are just happy to bus one of them. That ties in with whether Morsul is innocent or not and if he is guilty, then whether sally is innocent or not. If Morsul is evil and sally is not, he started a bandwagon, the WWs hoping we follow, if we do, case closed. If they are both evil (and ergo now under the new events, sally is faking), he bussed her (or all the WWs did). If Morsul is innocent and sally is guilty, it's fairly straightforward. If Morsul is innocent and sally is innocent, ergo the Seer after her proclamation, then this is just a mess.

So let me get this right, it's kinda whether what we are seeing now is just sally-wolf trying to save herself, or whether the bandwagon we are seeing is the Wolf-drive, like betting all on one card. Is there a scenario we can somehow vote that would be Wolf-proof under these circumstances? I am trying to think.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #382
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Lommy, if you're an innocent and not a wolf, please go with your good sense here. Your own analysis of Lottie showed you a Pitch/sally/Morsul choice and GhostForm confirmed we were on the right lines. You were seconds off voting sally anyway, and only then did this little orchestration occur.
You know what? You're probably right. I just quickly skimmed through her posts toDay and they don't really add up.

And if we're wrong, then frankly, I think we're the worst village ever and deserve to go by lynching our seer.

++Sally

Cupcake, if you really are the seer, I'm so so sorry and I will humble grovel after the game is over.

Now I will go to sleep if I'll be able to.

edit: xed with Soriman and Legate
Old 04-25-2021, 04:09 PM   #383
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Good job, guys. We're doomed. *slow clap*
Old 04-25-2021, 04:14 PM   #384
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Yeah okay i'll 180 from my earlier position and jump on this bandwagon.
++Sally
Old 04-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #385
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
So let me get this right, it's kinda whether what we are seeing now is just sally-wolf trying to save herself, or whether the bandwagon we are seeing is the Wolf-drive, like betting all on one card. Is there a scenario we can somehow vote that would be Wolf-proof under these circumstances? I am trying to think.
Not anymore, after Lommy's vote. We can only hope sally's a wolf, or it's game over.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #386
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well that would seal this either way, or?

Let me do a tally.

Morsul->Sally
Kath->Sally 2
Boro->Sally 3
Lommy->Sally 4

Left to vote:
Legate
Pitch
sally
Soriman
the Dead

So basically if sally is innocent and we royally screwed up, the Dead could correct it, and that's about it. In any case at least one innocent now voted for sally.

EDIT: x-ed after sally. Well okay, that settles it.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #387
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I realize this would be the perfect time for a song parody, but I'm afraid I haven't the time.

Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #388
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I don't even know who to vote for posterity....

Whether it's Kath or Pitch, well done to you and your packmates.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #389
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

So, either now the Wolves will burst out laughing or they won't. Well I guess this makes no difference then anymore, so pro forma.

++sally

I would sorta like to stay up for the DL to see the result, but I also would like to go to sleep. But this has been such a mess my brain may take a while switching off.

EDIT: x-ed with sally
Old 04-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #390
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scouring of the Shire
When the Shirriffs came up to the lower one they were dumbfounded; but as soon as they saw how things were, most of them took off their feathers and joined in the revolt.
Ghost
Old 04-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #391
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

How likely is it that none of the 5 votes for sally were cast by wolves?

Anyway, time for another squeaky clean but damning vote (or maybe not?):
++sally
If you were the real seer, I'm sorry (but I don't think so). If you're wolf, way to go out in style!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #392
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I’m just glad I didn’t vote earlier. Although being away on this day was a pain. Perhaps the chaos sally put us through is would have been avoided.

*Glares at Pitch too*

Understand sally, I still hold you in the highest respect and I do not envy the headaches you will feel when you wake up. But you can’t deny you have tried to give us a bunch of headaches with your stunt.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #393
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

All right, I'm going to go pout until I die, and I'll be back for posthumous discussion.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #394
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The tally, if it means anything to anyone toDay:

Morsul --> Sally
Kath Sally --> (2)
Boro Sally -->(3)
Lommy --> Sally (4)
Soriman --> Sally (5)
Legate --> Sally (6)
Pitch --> Sally (7)
Old 04-25-2021, 04:33 PM   #395
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh hey y’all did the thing I said.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #396
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

7 votes for sally, even the Dead can't countermand that. So if it's not game over yet, did we actuallly get it right?
Old 04-25-2021, 04:36 PM   #397
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Oh hey y’all did the thing I said.
Ironically.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #398
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Who woulda thunk it that the quietest time of the Day would be the 20 minutes before DL?
Old 04-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #399
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ironically.
I’d say it’s obvious we’re going on to tomorrow so, I’d love to see what Sorimon is up to. I’ll have to look into his posts today assuming of course I survive the night.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:59 PM   #400
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grey Havens
Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.'
Ghost