The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #1161
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
Is this directed at me? I did see it, but didn't scrutinize. I'll go back and look just for you.
Yup.

I may have to go to sleep for an hour or two; I'm just exhausted. Rubbish.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #1162
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
She has a good point here. I’m convincing myself that she remembers this because of the chart she’s just made and not because she’s Zeus (mostly because if she was, I’d kill her). I refer to this point (sort of) later down the post though; I think it’s interesting how much she talks of Zeus, etc. At first I thought she might be Zeus, but later on I think she may have figured out who he is. Either way, she’s read up on the rules quite well.
Um, sally dear? Mentioning Zeus once when it happened to be the topic of conversation at the time doesn't really qualify as talking about it a lot. Thanks for giving me way more credit than I deserve though.

Quote:
Explaining her vote and the fact that it x’d, and says that she’s not changing her mind just to make herself look better. This makes her look slightly better to me, so I’m hoping it’s not a double bluff of sorts, saying that she’s unconcerned about her voting record to shrug off those who would accuse her based upon it.
Again, giving me more credit than I deserve. It was a legitimate cross post due to not having an adequate amount of time to devote to this game.

Quote:
Commenting on Boro’s alleged hint to her (which I still don’t get, I don’t think).
Is it the hint you don't get? Boro the false Seer thought I was a ranger and was asking for protection that Night.

Quote:
Here’s an interesting theory for you. I know wolves can’t share their honeys’ names with each other, but Mira!wolf could have picked up on Phantom’s exchanges with Wilwa (if they exist) and figured out that he was sort of on their side. It would explain the “random” agreement they seemed to share. It would also make sense for her to thus dismiss said theory on the thread.

Like I said, weird. Just had to get it out of my brain.
Mkay, where did this come from? Certainly not from the quote you cited right before it.

Quote:
And then she DOES vote him. Must not have been any better candidates?
Correct.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 08-05-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: xed with sally. again. =P
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #1163
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It came from a dark, twisted corner of my brain. The part that wishes it was asleep right now. (Aka all of it.)

I just thought it would be interesting if it was the case.

Gah. I just want to know who a couple of people are. I'm so close, I swear.

Someone should poke me later and make sure I'm not dead. I'm out for a bit.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #1164
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and try not to do anything evil while I'm gone?

Kthnx.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #1165
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Otherwise? What otherwise? It's you or Shasta; anything else will split the vote enough that the wolves might be able to just pile on someone and win.

This just looks weird.
Yes, but does Foley's vote even count?

It's just, I'm developing a vague bad feeling about Lalaith now, though I'm not sure why. Maybe she's just seeming too opportunistic. Or something.

EDIT:X'd with some Sallys and Miras.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-05-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #1166
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

All right, I'm falling asleep on myself. Fingers crossed this doesn't end badly.

++Shasta
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #1167
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, I guess it's Shasta or Mira, then.

I was about to say, they can't both be wolves, but then I realised there's no reason they couldn't– Hades and Persephone would sacrifice Hephaestus in the last resort.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #1168
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay, I'm thinking this out: Sally could technically have been bluffing about being Athena. However, everyone's posted toDay, and no-one's made loud noises about lynching her, so I think I can take her to be a provisional known innocent.

Does this make her necessarily right about Shasta? Well, no, because Hephaestus might have simply missed Aphrodite's hint on Day One– i.e. the people who tried to save BG had no ulterior motive.

Meanwhile, everyone seems to assume phantom is Zeus. In that case, as Zeus has apparently turned cobbler, he presumably doesn't really believe Shasta is Hades*. Does that make him necessarily wrong about him? Again no, because Zeus doesn't know the identity of the other wolves.

And if phantom is really, say, Hades to Foley's Persephone, or vice versa, or anything like that, we're more-or-less done for anyway. I'm afraid that is a possibility, too– cf. all that about telling people not to look through his posts– was he afraid we'd find something?

*Mira's ignoring this (#1151) isn't exactly a point in her favour. (Foley likewise, but as I said, there's nothing we can do about that.)

EDIT:clarification.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #1169
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, either

a.) Shasta and Mira are both wolves.

b.) One is a wolf, one innocent.

or

c.) Neither are wolves.

If a.) Then which one's which? Shasta cast the first vote on Mira; Mira the third on Shasta. Therefore, Shasta isn't definitely willing to kill Mira, but she's ready to kill him. This would support Shasta and Mira being Hephaestus and Hades respectively.

If b.) Which one's the wolf? I've paid zilch attention to either of them this game, so I'm not sure how good the overall case against Mira is; however based on toDay's posting she looks considerably the wolfier of the two.

If c.) we're in trouble. Unless Sally and I manage to spot the real Hades in the next hour or so, and Foley's vote is discounted, then we're going to lynch an innocent whatever.

So, logically my vote should go to Mira.

I just have this nasty feeling I'm missing something, though.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #1170
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

No time to talk- I'm at a friend's house.

Just wanted to make sure Sally and Folwren know that everything is all up to them. Completely and totally.

If you believe my case, vote Shasta. If you don't, vote Mira.

And by the way, just thought I'd mention that Mira is innocent. I have reason to believe that she was the attempted kill on the night that the Hunter/Guardian made the save.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Meanwhile, everyone seems to assume phantom is Zeus. In that case, as Zeus has apparently turned cobbler
You mean based upon the killing of Tum? Perhaps Zeus merely decided that it would be more proper to use his kill against the side who had deprived him of his lover (the goodies). That does make sense, doesn't it?

(edit: anyway, probably done for the day, good luck)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #1171
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

phantom is hinting so hard that he's Zeus now, I'm getting worried he isn't.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #1172
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay, I really can't wait any longer– too much to do. At least it seems unlikely Sally's a wolf who can jump on my vote if it's wrong.

++Mira.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #1173
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

A wolf is a wolf, my friend, my friend. If Shasta is not one this game will end.

++Shasta

I'm half asleep and not even wearing my glasses () so if this is a mistake I don't want to be held responsible. Of course if I'm right (or Phantom is, for that matter) it was all my idea.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #1174
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't know if I'm allowed to post, but I'm home and Glirdan hasn't posted yet and as he didn't modkill Sally when he should have I think I'm allowed a little leeway.

You're lynching Hebe, the other remaining Shirriff and Mac's partner. Our only chance to win now is if Folwren gets online and votes Mira.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #1175
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Sorry everyone!! Last minute night out with some friends!! So stop posting now lol. Yes you can all kill me later, but I will reveal when I wake up. Like I said, total last minute night out with friends and I'm JUST getting home...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #1176
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Hades was dragged into the center of the ruins of the Grand Chamber, hands and feet bound. Persephone was following behind, weeping uncontrollably. The Gods were certain that Hades was behind all of the attacks. After all, the King of the Underworld did have a bad reputation for scheming against the other Gods.

He was tossed in front of Zeus, unable to get up. Zeus stared down at his brother in disgust. "For the crimes you have committed, you are condemned to an eternity in your own hell!" With that, Hades vanished into thin air.

--------------------------------------------------------
IN THE UNDERWORLD

Hades was thrashing about in agony. He was on fire, the souls of the undead who were stuck there were torturing him in unspeakable ways, and worst of all, Persephone was back on Olympus, unable to do anything for him......

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf Lover) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot
Day 4 - Tum aka. Apollo (Seer) - Killed by a bolt of lightning from Zeus
Day 4 - Mac aka. Hercules (Shirrif) - Pancaked by a piece of ceiling
Day 4 - Rikae aka. Ares (Wolf) - Left to freeze on the peak of Mount Olympus.
Night 5 - Greenie aka. Demeter (Protector of Youth) - Accidental beheading by Eros
Night 5 - Zil aka. Eros (Hunting Guardian) - Cross-carved stabbing
Day 5 - Kath aka. Hestia (Seer) - Killed by her own Titanic-was-actually-sunk-by-ice cream dream
Night 6 - Nienna aka. Pan (Ranger) - Tripped on a pebble and gutted by own sword
Day 6 - Shasta aka. Hades (Wolf Lover) - Condemned to his own hell

Alive
Mira
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Phantom
Sally

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-13-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #1177
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The Gods had gone to bed, ecstatic about their victory from the Day before and now only needing to find one more traitor amongst them. Yet they were not out of the Woods as they had thought.

That Night, the final traitor entered Dionysus's room. Yet Dionysus was prepared, he had been for the past few Days.

The moment the traitor entered the room, Dionysus sprang up with a net and ensnared him. "You have one chance to live," Dionysus said. "I'm sick of all of us dropping like flies, so I figured I would join you. I could be of some help. Besides, if you don't, I'll just take you to the rest of the Gods during the Day and be done with you."

The traitor looked at him in shock, but extended his hand. Dionysus took and they shook. The deal was set.

-------------------------------------------------

Dionysus has been changed. There are now two Wovles that you must find.

Start posting
Old 08-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #1178
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

After doing my bit yesterday, I was originally planning on making very little effort today and leaving it up to everyone else to decide which person to lynch. But that was when I thought there'd be only one Werewolf. This Dionsysus turn changes things.

Okay- I won't be voting for Phantom or Nerwen or Sally today.

That leaves Lalaith, Kath, Mira, and Folwren.

So, what do you think would be easiest- catching Hephy or Dionysus? When I wake up tomorrow I'll try and do a bit of reading, and see if I can rule people out. And remember, a bandwagon would probably be a good thing at this stage.

Also, what would you guys say to the idea that Lalaith, Kath, Mira, and Folwren should vote first? Let's say- make it a requirement that they vote by 1 hour before the deadline, and if they don't then we lynch them. That will at the least keep the two Wolves from leaping onto a vote gone wrong, as Sally, Nerwen, and I will still be hanging around with our votes to tip the scales back (because remember, in this game the last person to reach the tie total gets lynched).

It seems to me that it is a sensible idea to take the tie-power completely out of the paws of the Wolves by forcing them to vote early. Do you all agree? And I really don't care to hear the argument "But YOU could be a Wolf, Phantom." Because I'm not. So really, none of that.

Anyway- I'm tired. G'night.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #1179
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Okay- I won't be voting for Phantom or Nerwen or Sally today.

That leaves Lalaith, Kath, Mira, and Folwren.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Also, what would you guys say to the idea that Lalaith, Kath, Mira, and Folwren should vote first?
Good idea. Kath, why don't you go first?

Kath?

KATH!

Hey, Kath, where are you?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #1180
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Good idea. Kath, why don't you go first?

Kath?

KATH!

Hey, Kath, where are you?

Sneeeerk.

Evil interwebs today, but I'll be in Lincoln later (visiting our late friend Tum among other things) so I'll try to be on more toward the end of the Day.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #1181
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quick introductory note. I typed this post yesterday at work. Thus, these are my opinions as of the middle of last Night. Goodie for me. Anyway, moving right along then.

For. The. Derp. I’d gotten the lovers’ knowledge mixed up, and forgotten that Hephaestus didn’t know Aphrodite at the start. (I’d somehow decided in my brain that since Hades knew about Persephone, Hephaestus would know who Aphrodite was.) That explains a lot. o_O

Oh well. A wolf is a wolf, and in fact that was the wolf we needed to get. So yay!

Quick pause for a vote count from yesterDay.

Shasta-->Mira
Phantom-->Shasta
Lal-->Mira (2)
Foley-->Shasta (2)
Mira-->Shasta (3)
Nerwen-->Mira (3)
Sally-->Shasta (4)

So basically Mira is not Persephone, but I figured that already. If she was, she would have just let herself die (so that at least her lover could get a wolf win, even if they as a pair lost). She’s also likely not Hephaestus; that would be some serious wolf-on-wolf, and I don’t think she cares enough (given all her RL issues right now) to get that hardcore this game. She likely would have just let herself die (as stated before) and let the slightly less stressed Shasta take the wolf victory.

Mira=innocent. My guess is Hebe, because of her hesitation about whether she could reveal.

Lal, however, is looking downright nasty. And I mean nasty. I thought she was evil yesterDay, and toDay I’m nearly sure of it. She’s either Hephaestus, trying yesterDay to save her packmate, or Persephone, trying to save her lover.

Lal=guilty. My guess is Hephaestus.

Nerwen fits into the same category as Lal. I completely believe she could be Persephone, but she could also still be Hephaestus. Her blasé attitude about my vote made me think that she is Shasta’s packmate, because if so she could have still won on her own. Of course it easily could have been an act, and I quite think it was. After Zeus’ performance, I’m thinking she (she here meaning Persephone) could turn cobbler and side with her dearly departed’s packmate.

Nerwen=guilty. Process of elimination says she’s Persephone. Thus, past tense guilt I suppose.

Since I’ve decided that Lal and Nerwen have to be evil on some level, that means Foley can’t be. I really like my previous theory of her being Dionysus (assuming it still exists). It would explain some of the anomalies in her behavior, since I don’t think she’s familiar with the role of a cursed.

Foley=innocent. Most likely Dionysus if he’s still around.

Phantom and I are crazy good. Or at least crazy. Either way....meh.

Phantom=a jerk.
Sally=innocent and snuggle-tastic.

Thus....

++Lal

Well that was anti-climactic.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-07-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #1182
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I concur that Foley is our most likely Dionysus. But I think Lal should go first.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #1183
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So, Sally, did ya not see where it might be a good idea for you to vote last? Not only for the reasons I listed, but also this-

If Lal is indeed guilty, our other Wolf can simply climb on board with your vote using the logic that it would be unwise to split our votes. You've taken the decision out of her hands. Before voting I would've much rather actually heard from everyone first and looked to see who was trying to push us which direction while the lynch was still completely undecided. Our other Wolf could very well have set herself apart and made tomorrow's decision much easier. But now we'll never know.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #1184
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Good morning, everybody. Actually, it's afternoon now for me.

Anyway, I was disappointed today to see that Dyonisus was turned. I was hoping to get this game overwith today. But it was not to be.

First off - Phantom, Kath died. You guys all lynched her, remember? Or maybe you didn't....that's right, you neglected to vote that day.

Second off - Sally, I think it's pretty clear that Nerwen is Persephone. I was very confused about why she tried to duck under the claim before I realized that if Hades was killed, there was no way for her lover pair to win. She was trying to protect Hades. Phantom's reasoning as to why she is Persephone is obviously clear. First, there was Greenie's constant affirmation that Nerwen was not a wolf. Second, there was that hint laid down by Shasta. Third, their was the fact that Shasta himself was Hades and Nerwen didn't vote for him.

Third off - Seven votes were layed yesterday. Four were for Shasta, three were for Mira, although the reasoning against Mira was very shallow. There was no real reason to vote for her, while there was very, very sound reason to vote for Shasta. Let us consider who voted for Mira:

Shasta - well...duh...he was trying to save his own life.
Nerwen - She was trying to save her lover. Good for her. It kind of ticks me off, though.
Lalaith - Our (almost last) missing wolf. I'd been thinking about this all day yesterday (well, not all day, but whenever I got the chance). There was no reason to vote for Mira unless someone was trying to protect something that had to do with Shasta. No other reason makes sense. No wolf, at this point in the game, would vote for a fellow wolf. Is there any other reason she would vote for Mira and not Shasta? Her explenation for her vote for Mira in post 1137 is perfectly lame. She was literally grasping at straws.

And Fourth off - Our new problem is, Who is Dyonisus? (Gosh, I can NEVER remember how to spell the Cursed's name!) I see that some of you suspect me. Would you kindly explain why? It's easy to throw names out, but harder to put out evidence. I've noted that people think that Dyonisus will attempt to play a cobbler like position, and in all honestly, I have tried to participate whole-heartedly in this game in attempt to kill the wolves and let the God's win. Do you think I have tried to play this game in such a manner to make it confusing? I haven't, and am kind of sad that you think I have...(mostly because I already feel ridiculously stupid about not understanding half of went all the entire time...I try not to take any remarks personally, but geez...)

I'd like to suggest that Sally is Dyonisus. I know you might disagree immediately, but pause a while, and think. Everyone was surprised that Sally was not modfired when she gave such blatant hints about her identity. A few people suggested that she wasn't who she said she was. Perhaps this is the case. But, putting that aside - consider that a lot of her posts have been wide of the mark. Sometimes they were helpful...but sometimes all they did was send people (me included) into a downward spiraling mass of confusion. Her suggestion about the rangers protecting the seers, way back towards the beginning of the game, was not a good suggestion, but she tried to make it sound like one. When Phantom pointed out who Hades was, she tried to stand behind his idea and make it look like it was hers, too. All this game, she's made people think she was good. And she has been good, in a sense. But if she's Dyonisus, all that changed last night.

That's all I've got for now.

-- Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 08-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #1185
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Woah. Things have gotten way too quiet today.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #1186
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I'd like to suggest that Sally is Dyonisus. I know you might disagree immediately, but pause a while, and think. Everyone was surprised that Sally was not modfired when she gave such blatant hints about her identity. A few people suggested that she wasn't who she said she was. Perhaps this is the case. But, putting that aside - consider that a lot of her posts have been wide of the mark. Sometimes they were helpful...but sometimes all they did was send people (me included) into a downward spiraling mass of confusion. Her suggestion about the rangers protecting the seers, way back towards the beginning of the game, was not a good suggestion, but she tried to make it sound like one. When Phantom pointed out who Hades was, she tried to stand behind his idea and make it look like it was hers, too. All this game, she's made people think she was good. And she has been good, in a sense. But if she's Dyonisus, all that changed last night.
You are kidding, right? Right? o_O
Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #1187
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
You are kidding, right? Right? o_O
Why, no. Why would I be? Did I say that when people suggestd that I was the Cursed? No, m'dear, even though it's just as plain to me that I am not he, just as it is just as plain to you that you are supposedly not he. It is perfectly possible for you to be he.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #1188
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Why, no. Why would I be? Did I say that when people suggestd that I was the Cursed? No, m'dear, even though it's just as plain to me that I am not he, just as it is just as plain to you that you are supposedly not he. It is perfectly possible for you to be he.
Except for the part where most people know what I am.

The question is, why don't you? Or rather, why are you pretending not to?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #1189
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Except for the part where most people know what I am.
Most people know who you are based ONLY on what you have said of yourself - in hints so blatant that people seriously thought you'd be modfired for it. Is this not a little obvious?

Quote:
The question is, why don't you? Or rather, why are you pretending not to?
Why don't I what? Say, "You are kidding, right?"? Two reasons:

I know they're not kidding.

And:

So far as everyone else knows, I could be, so to say, "you're kidding, right?" would be to say, "You're out of your mind, how could you think such a thing? Don't be ridiculous, of cousre I'm not." But everyone knows that any one of us, except Nerwen, COULD BE Dyonisus. Including you, Sally.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm just acknowledging the accusation, saying, "you are wrong" and suggesting a different option.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #1190
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Even though Sally didn´t follow Phantom´s plan, I am quite happy to do so, particularly as time zones oblige me to, anyway.

++Phantom
Old 08-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #1191
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, that vote settles matters nicely. It pretty well has to be Lalaith for the lynch today.

Tomorrow though- who knows?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #1192
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm heading to bed. Here's my vote.

++Lal
Old 08-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #1193
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Um so. I've been gone all day, expected at least 2 pages for me to catch up on, and come home to less than a page. Not that I'm complaining there's less effort for me to put in, but wow.

Vote to come after I eat.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #1194
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
If Lal is indeed guilty, our other Wolf can simply climb on board with your vote using the logic that it would be unwise to split our votes. You've taken the decision out of her hands. Before voting I would've much rather actually heard from everyone first and looked to see who was trying to push us which direction while the lynch was still completely undecided. Our other Wolf could very well have set herself apart and made tomorrow's decision much easier. But now we'll never know.
I know, but at the moment it doesn't look like it's going to be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
And if she wasn't, it didn't. Point?

Also, if she's not Athena, who is?

EDIT:X'd with Meeper.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #1195
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I want to be sure and avoid modfire in case my internet fails on me like it did the other day, so...

++ Lalaith
Old 08-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #1196
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

There's no point holding my vote now, so–

++Lalaith
Old 08-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #1197
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

++Lalaith
Old 08-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #1198
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

And stop posting...Although that was done about 2 hours ago...

Be back with the tally.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #1199
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Again, the end of the Day came and the Gods were ecstatic. They were sure they had found the final traitor amongst them. They threw Hephaestus in front of Zeus, who, without looking at him, snapped his fingers. That's all it took and Hephaestus was gone, nowhere to be seen. All that was left was a purple cloud of green smoke. Once the smoke cleared they noticed a little note where Hephaestus had been. Athena reached down and started reading it out loud for all to hear:

This is not the end!
For in the dead of the Night,
I have gained an ally!

The Gods looked around at each other and started to mutter. Their luck had not held out after all.

Dead
Night 5 - Greenie aka. Demeter (Protector of Youth) - Accidental beheading by Eros
Day 5 - Kath aka. Hestia (Seer) - Killed by her own Titanic-was-actually-sunk-by-ice cream dream
Night 6 - Nienna aka. Pan (Ranger) - Tripped on a pebble and gutted by own sword
Day 7 - Lalaith aka. Hephaestus (Wolf Lover) - Vanished in a purple cloud of green smoke

Alive
Mira
Nerwen
Folwren
Phantom
Sally

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-13-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #1200
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Dionysus crept through the halls silently, laughing at his victory. Fools, he thought to himself. Why didn't they go after the leader once Hera was gone!? He continued to sneak down the hallway to Zeus's chambers. Once he arrived, he noticed that the door was slightly ajar. He pushed it open carefully and looked around the room. This seemed to be the only room left untouched by Zeus's wrath at his wife's death.

He scanned the room and finally spotted Zeus, sitting at his window and staring up at the sky. Dionysus crept forward silently when Zeus spoke. "Do it, Dionysus. I know it is you. You always were easy to persuade. A bottle of wine here, a bit of malt there and you're won over." Dionysus stood in shock, taken completely at unawares. "What are you waiting for!? Kill me!"

"But why? Weren't you the one saying that you wanted to save our 'family'?"

"Yes, but I grow tired of this place. I want to see my wife and children again. Just do whatever it is you came to do." Zeus stood up and turned around, arms wide open. So Dionysus took it. He sprang around behind Zeus. With a thundering crack, Zeus's neck snapped and he crumbled in a heap on the floor.

-------------------------------------------------
IN THE MORNING

The Gods awoke and gathered in the Grand Chamber, as had been the ritual for the past several days. Yet something was amiss. Zeus was not there when they had arrived. They awaited his arrival, believing that he was just taking his time. Several minutes went by and he still did not show up. The Gods went to his chambers and noticed that the door was completely open. They stepped in and saw his body on the floor.

The King had fallen.

Dead
Day 7 - Lalaith aka. Hephaestus (Wolf Lover) - Vanished in a purple cloud of green smoke
Night 8 - Phantom aka. Zeus (Lover) - Snapped neck

Alive
Mira
Nerwen
Folwren
Sally

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-13-2010 at 07:05 PM.