The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe What do you think will be in the EE?

Well, now that the Original Version is out, & we've all (hopefully) had a chance to see the movie again, what do you think will be in the EE? Several things that I thought PJ had simply discarded I noticed loopholes for a possible EE appearance, but here's my list of what I expect so far (starting with the obvious ones):

*The Wizard Confrontation & Saruman & Grima's deaths

*House of Healing scenes (& plenty of them), including a lot more development between Faramir & Eowyn

*The Mouth of Sauron

*The 'bridge scene' between Arwen & Elrond

*Epilouge by Galadriel

*Expanded role of the Watchers at Minas Morgul? (After watching it again, I noticed that they only show them, then switch to Sam already past them, entering into the actual stronghold, so there's a good possibility that they'll stick in more of the Watchers)

*Perhaps a short battle with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, & the Dead Army vs. the Corsairs? That's not so likely, but it's still possible...

*Witch King vs. Gandalf, with Gandalf's staff being broken by the Witch King's awesome mace .

*Aragorn killing the cauliflower-head 'orc', aka: 'Gothmog'. I can't wait to see the character that shouldn't have been in RotK get knocked off (especially after the rock missed him...)!

There were a few other not-so-obvious ones I noticed when I watched it, but I can't think of them right now .
What do you guys expect/guess will be included in the EE?

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 06-01-2004 at 05:15 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
Aragorn and the palantir (sp)? When Gandalf and Pippen go to the barn before heading for Minas Tirith, Gandalf is carrying it. When they get on Shadowfax he isn't and nothing more is said about it. Also Merry and Theoden.
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
starkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:50 PM   #3
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Also Merry and Theoden.
Of course!! That's one that I forgot . I really hope that they make more of Theoden & Merry's relationship, perhaps even add Theoden's last words to Merry about never hearing his herb lore, but I'm not sure that they can get that in there .
Old 05-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #4
starkat
Wight

The problem is that there is soooooo much that they could add and probably a lot more that they wish they could add. I don't know if I think that will be in there (Aragorn and the palantir. It was just something odd that I had noticed.
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
Old 05-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #5
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
*Denethor revealing that he has a palantir.

*Eomer discovering Eowyn on the battlefield.

I feel fairly confident about both of these.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Expanded role of the Watchers at Minas Morgul?
I was hoping that this would be in the Extended Edition but, having watched the theatrical version on DVD the other day, I am now doubtful. Jackson avoided Sam using the Ring because he wanted the audience to think that it had been taken by the Orcs who had captured Frodo right up to the moment when Sam reveals it. So, assuming he wants to maintain this approach in the EE, Sam would have to use some other way of getting past the Watchers.

Quote:
Perhaps a short battle with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, & the Dead Army vs. the Corsairs? That's not so likely, but it's still possible...
I recall reading somewhere that additional footage involving the Corsairs was shot. So I still think there's a good chance of the battle at Pelargir being included.

Quote:
Denethor revealing that he has a palantir.
Denethor certainly has a line which suggests this (something about him being able to see more than Gandalf gives him credit for). But, if he did have a Palantir, I would have expected to see it in the Pyre scene. Mind you, I wouldn't object to new scenes being inserted here which are closer to the book, or at least ones which don't involve Shadowfax kicking Denethor into the flames.

I think that the others mentioned are all pretty likely. I was wondering whether the Mouth of Sauron will appear as the gates open (before Aragorn and co withdraw back to the main force) or whether this will happen once Aragorn's army is encircled. Watching the film again, the latter seems more likely.

Incidentally, I wonder whether the Mouth will have the Mithril Shirt, given that the Orc most likely to have carried it back to Sauron (Shagrat, I think), gets skewered by Sam.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I was hoping that this would be in the Extended Edition but, having watched the theatrical version on DVD the other day, I am now doubtful. Jackson avoided Sam using the Ring because he wanted the audience to think that it had been taken by the Orcs who had captured Frodo right up to the moment when Sam reveals it. So, assuming he wants to maintain this approach in the EE, Sam would have to use some other way of getting past the Watchers.
I thought that Sam mainly used the Phial of Galadriel to break the will of the Watchers? Perhaps he had the Ring on, but I think PJ could leave that out of it & just have him use the Phial? Who knows...

Quote:
*Eomer discovering Eowyn on the battlefield.
I'd have to say there's a good chance of that as well, sense it's in the trailer for the Original, plus someones got to find her to take her to the House,

One thing I'm not looking forward to in the EE is Aragorn killing the Mouth of Sauron. I'm not sure why, but I just don't like the sound or feel of it .

Another thing I'm looking forward to (which I edited into my first post, as I'm going to do with all the new ones that come to my mind):

*Aragorn killing the cauliflower-head 'orc', aka: 'Gothmog'. I can't wait to see the character that shouldn't have been in RotK get knocked off (especially after the rock missed him )!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:41 AM   #8
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Saucepan, your point on the watchers
Quote:
As Estel points out, he uses the phial. But (and this may well need another thread) the reason why Sam does not put on the Ring is that Jackson has made it/Sauron too powerful in all the three films. Whenever the wearer puts on the ring he is almost instantly 'seen' by Sauron (except for Bilbo 17 years earlier). For movie Sam to wear the Ring in Mordor would have been suicide. If properly done throughout the films, and handled differently, we could have had Sam wear the Ring. Sauron was hindered by his own darkness he created around the borders of Mordor (I paraphrased that last sentence very badly from the book!)

This changes the story dramatically for me. No Ring Bearing for Sam, no final trip to the West before he dies to see Frodo again. And indeed, movie Frodo left on the LAST ship to the West. (That's why Celeborn was on it as well)

Sorry for hijacking this thread......!
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:00 AM   #9
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Spoilers, if you don't want to know don't read.

Lalaith,
I've read from a reliable source, tolkienonline.com, that Eomer doesn't cry over Eowyn or Theoden. The trailer shows Eomer crying over an older man with shoulder length hair, and I have read that is GAMLING. I sure as heck hope that it's not Gamling, if it is I might go mad.

Gothmog was actually mentioned in the books. He was mentioned as the Lieutenant, 2nd in command, behind the Witchking. My question is, why did Gothmog get more Screen time than the Witchking? Also, I believe Gothmog couldn't of been an orc because Sauron would of never trusted an orc to be the leader of his armies in place of the Witch King.

The Houses of Healing will be in the EE, along with the mouth of sauron, gandalf vs. the witch king, Saruman's fate. All that good stuff on what people have said, I just hope that Eomer doesn't cry over Gamling.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:17 AM   #10
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah yes, the Gothmog threads have been plentiful and heated!

I don't know about the rest of you but I cannot wait to see movie-Gothmog sliced apart by Aragorn.

What I'm particularly disappointed about is that the films don't include the banter between Gimli and Eomer regarding Galadriel and then Arwen. I think this example of humour from the book is a fine example of Tolkien-style humour. ("Then I must go for my axe.") Unfortunately, while most of the 'humour' does seem to revolve around Gimli, it is merely unfunny slapstick.

Despite the lack of this, I'm still hopeful that they will include the grand feast in Gondor at the end of the film. But will the Elves be there?
Old 05-28-2004, 10:32 AM   #11
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
I thought that Sam mainly used the Phial of Galadriel to break the will of the Watchers?
Ah, good point. I was getting mixed up. That's made me a lot more hopeful for some interaction with the Watchers.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:53 AM   #12
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Think you that there may be a possibility that we see the statue of the king that Frodo goes past? I'm sure I've seen stills of that somewhere...

I really want to see Merry and Éowyn on their way to the Houses of Healing...Merry in particular. That part of the book was heartbreaking for me.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #13
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I've read from a reliable source, tolkienonline.com, that Eomer doesn't cry over Eowyn or Theoden. The trailer shows Eomer crying over an older man with shoulder length hair, and I have read that is GAMLING. I sure as heck hope that it's not Gamling, if it is I might go mad.
That sounds a little strange O_o. I mean, Gamling is the captain & all, but for Eomer to wail over the loss of him? I still think it'll probably be Theoden or Eowyn, since someone has got to find them I wouldn't be suprised if it's Eomer. Maybe I'm just saying that because I'd rather believe it than believe the Gamling story, though .
Old 05-28-2004, 12:43 PM   #14
starkat
Wight

I think it is more likely that Eomer will be crying over Eowyn due to it was in the book. I don't remember if he actually wept over her, but he was the one to find her. (I think)
Old 05-28-2004, 05:20 PM   #15
starkat
Wight

Sorry about posting back to back, but I had a thought...

What about running time? How much time do you think it would take to show the extended scenes on-screen?
Old 05-29-2004, 12:19 AM   #16
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

The return of Bill the Pony, it has to be on EE or I shall cry.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #17
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dűm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
The return of Bill the Pony, it has to be on EE or I shall cry.
Definitely Bill! That'd be so sweet! ^_^

I saw a clip of them filming the scene where Sam has to throw his pots away.... I hope that's in the EE!

Houses of Healing too of course, and maybe Beregond?
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:20 PM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Beregond or no

I doubt Beregond will be in the EE. I hope that he is I would like to see him in the EE. However, if he is in the EE, he won't be stepped on by a troll like he was in the book. The movie has Aragorn getting stepped on by a troll.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:38 PM   #19
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

Tar-Alcarin has just left Hobbiton.
I expect that PJ and crew will add about 5 more endings on to the movies. Maybe with the extended wedding scene and the reuinion with Bill the Pony, elaborating more on why Frodo left to go to the Grey Havens.

I hope to see the House of Healing and hopefully a lot more fighting. I just get an adrenaline rush before During Theodens speach.

There is a large possibility that Denethor will have more of a role. He sort of mentions the palantir indirectly when he knows of Aragorn and his posse. Also, there is a part in the movies that doesnt make sense. When Pippin lights the towers, there is a quick shot of Denethor peeking out from some window. The movie led us to believe that the lighting of the towers happens right after they meet up with Denethor. But if that is the case, since there were no windows in the throne room, then there must be another scene with him probably looking into the palantir. This would also explain why he is going insane, more so than just his Son "dying"

Just my few cents. Man its good to be back on the Downs
Old 05-29-2004, 07:16 PM   #20
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I saw a clip of them filming the scene where Sam has to throw his pots away.... I hope that's in the EE!
I've heard it will be, I can't wait !

On another Sam note, do you think that Galadriel's prolouge will include what happens to the members of the Fellowship? Namely, do you think they will show Sam taking a ship to the Undying Lands to be with Frodo? I think that'd be really great if they put that in.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 05-29-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #21
starkat
Wight

I was actually referring to the running time of the individual scenes. How long do you think Sam throwing away his pots should be kind of thing. Wouldn't they also add Sam and Frodo getting rid of the Orc armour?
Old 05-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #22
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
White Tree This site has pictures and a list of scenes...

http://home.datacomm.ch/betaversion/index.html

Fun stuff.
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #23
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Some scenes

for that have played the ROTK video game
it is based off the movie
so im goinfg to assume tat the mouth of sauron will be in the movie...
they will show sam becomeing mayor
(because thats a question in the Trivial Pursuit Game)
Saruman of many colors...
wormtounges death
wormtounge throwing the palantir at them
houses of healing
something with merry kneeling in front of eomer is shown
gandalf vs. the witchking....also i think the mouth of sauron will be b4 they are encircled and this is y.......
when i saw it in theatres...when aragorn says "for frodo" in front of the black gates look a way in front and to the left...there seems to be something shiny which i believe is the mithril shirt...perhaps in my excitement i was just seeiing things......
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #24
FairLadyGoldberry
Pile O'Bones

FairLadyGoldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to FairLadyGoldberry
Sting

Apologies if this has been stated before....

When I purchased the ROTK DVD, it came with a special Entertainment Weekly "Ultimate Viewer's Guide" of Lord of the Rings. It has sections explaining each movie and what's in the EE for each. For ROTK, it states what's in the Extended Cut, as follows:

With a total of 300 new f/x shots and 49 minutes of added footage, the extended Return of the King should have enough to satisfy even the hungriest hobbitphile. The release date for the four-disk set is still up in the air, but New Line promises it will be before Christmas. What inquiring minds really want is the early scoop on the extra scenes. Some of the highlights:

1. Gandalf confronts Saruman at the ruins of Isengard
2. Aragorn treats Eowyn in the Houses of Healing after her fight with the Lord of the Nazgul.
3. Faramir's attraction to Eowyn begins when he sees her in the Houses of Healing.
4. Merry pledges fealty to King Theoden
5. The Lord of the Nazgul faces off against Gandalf during the siege of Minas Tirith and breaks his staff
6. Aragorn uses the palantir to reveal himself to Sauron as Isildur's heir before he goes to Mordor for the final battle
7. The Mouth of Sauron taunts Aragorn and his troops at Mordor's Black Gate, showing them Frodo's mithril shirt.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:00 PM   #25
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dűm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I was hoping that there would be over an hour of exta footage, but I suppose 49 minutes is near enough... Does the information you have state that 49 minutes is the definate total of exta footage on the EE?
Old 05-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #26
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Estel, re:
Quote:
Namely, do you think they will show Sam taking a ship to the Undying Lands to be with Frodo? I think that'd be really great if they put that in.
Unfotunately, movie Sam will not follow Frodo on the straight road as Frodo categorically states that the ship he sails on is the LAST ship from middle-earth to the undying lands. This also explains why Celeborn took a ride on the ship as well.........
Old 05-31-2004, 06:39 PM   #27
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
they will show sam becomeing mayor
(because thats a question in the Trivial Pursuit Game)
If you look closely at the last few lines that Frodo is writing in the Red Book of Westmarch in the theatrical version, there is a reference to Sam becoming Mayor. So it doesn't need to be in the EE for it to be in the TP game.

The Witch King's confrontation with Gandalf will almost certainly be in, although not at the gate, since there is a scene where he appears over the wall mounted on his Fell Beast in front of Gandalf (and Pippin) on Shadowfax. My guess is that this happens as they are on their way to save Faramir. It makes sense that the Witch King breaks Gandalf's staff, given that he tells Gothmog before the battle that he will break the Wizard. It seems strange, though, that they left this line in the theatrical version once they decided to leave out the confrontation with Gandalf.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:43 PM   #28
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Unfotunately, movie Sam will not follow Frodo on the straight road as Frodo categorically states that the ship he sails on is the LAST ship from middle-earth to the undying lands.
Maybe, but Elrond also stated that Arwen was taking 'the last ship', & then another one showed up at the end . Perhaps we'll get lucky & they'll put it in after all, but I think you're probably right .

Quote:
It makes sense that the Witch King breaks Gandalf's staff, given that he tells Gothmog before the battle that he will break the Wizard. It seems strange, though, that they left this line in the theatrical version once they decided to leave out the confrontation with Gandalf.
That was certainly something that struck me as strange. It's just a little wierd (to me) to not have the Witch King back up his statement, but I suppose that's PJ's affair :/.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:10 PM   #29
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

Hey its PJ, he made Caulliflower(sp?) face Gothmog and he never died now did he? PJ is so full of issues so i guess we cant blame him.

I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a lot more fighting and even a scene with aragons posse to be at the corsairs. Also i read that the EE isnt coming out until just before christmas( Well since Christmas is so commercialized these days. the Christmas season might be in late September)
Old 05-31-2004, 07:19 PM   #30
starkat
Wight

I'm guessing that they will probably aim for having it out around Thanksgiving since that is a really big shopping time. Ooo! A distraction coming out just in time to help get my mind of finals! Good thought!
Old 06-01-2004, 05:16 AM   #31
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Saucepan, re gandalf's fight with the WK.
Quote:
My guess is that this happens as they are on their way to save Faramir.
I agree, as along with his staff missing, take a look at gandalf's gaunt face, especially around his eyes between pippin telling him about faramir, and gandalf arriving at rath dinen. you can tell he's been in a fight. I think we'll also have a change inasmuch as gandalf will also hear the horns of the rohirrim during his fight with the WK in the EE, not standing around some soliders in the theatrical issue, as I can't think of anything else that would drag the WK away.......
Old 06-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #32
FairLadyGoldberry
Pile O'Bones

FairLadyGoldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to FairLadyGoldberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phervasaion
Well, I was hoping that there would be over an hour of exta footage, but I suppose 49 minutes is near enough... Does the information you have state that 49 minutes is the definate total of exta footage on the EE?

It doesn't specifically say "definitely 49 minutes" but I would say that the Entertainment Weekly Special Lord of the Rings Issue is a pretty reliable source....though I wish those 49 minutes were longer...
Old 06-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #33
starkat
Wight

We've been talking about what we think will be in the movie, but what about the behind the scenes stuff?
Old 06-09-2004, 04:35 AM   #34
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

good point on the extras. I'm looking forward to more banter from dom and billy, and Sir Christopher Lee showing off again that he met JRR down the pub.

What would be great is if they could find the space to fit in the "Use well the days" song (or video if it exists). This is an even better tune than "Into the West"

A gaffs/blopers reel would be great, but I bet Jackson doesn't do this.

The main thing I'm looking forward to is the director and writers commentary on the film, especially on their decisions on 'tangents' from the book. I always find this interesting. (I still can't get over P Boyen's utterly sumg face when she explained the changes to Faramir in TT!)

Oh, and for me, they must include the Crossroads section in the EE film. One of the best pieces of writing in the book, and it would look stunning on film methinks. You know, Frodo looking back over the darkness envelloping Gondor, and he sees the shaft of light that lit the staute's face, showing that Darkness cannot prevail forever......
Old 06-25-2004, 06:37 AM   #35
starkat
Wight

I noticed something last night when I watched RotK again. (I've noticed it before, but this is the first time I remembered it long enough to post.) When Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are all about to enter the Paths of the Dead, the horses run off. Later in the movie you see them riding the same horses. I wonder if they will show how they got the horses back?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:52 AM   #36
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think this is one of the continuity errors in the films so we won't see them getting the horses back. are you sure they're the same ones? does aragorn call his 'new' horse brego again?

Change the 'plot' of the book and you'll have problems. in the book, aragorn forces (and legolas coerces) the horses into following them. In the film, to stop the guys riding on horse back so they could travel through the caverns on foot, Jackson changes part of the story, and Hey Presto! we have another 'error'.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #37
starkat
Wight

I'm pretty sure that Legolas is riding the same horse near the end of the movie. Aragorn's horse on the other hand is somewhat harder to recognize beneath the armour, but I thought it was Brego. Neither of the horses name's were mentioned later in the movie. *sigh* I wish they would have something in there. Oh well. I guess we'll see.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #38
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So far the one thing I'm really looking forward to is the confrontation between Gandalf and saruman because in the book that was amazing. Just have to hope it's in there!
And as for continuity errors, there are hundreds. The most recent one that I noticed was if you watch RotK, the bit where aragorn has led his little army to the Black Gate and they ar about to fight. Look at Gimli when Aragorn is about to charge forwards and it is so obviuosly his scale double you wouldn't believe. It's fortunate I didn't notice it in the cinema or I'd have ruined the film with hysterica laughter.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:03 PM   #39
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

WHile reading through Entertainment Weekly i found an short little blurb on the EE

Quote:
MustWorthiness : The three hour, 20-minute final installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy ear 11 oscars and more than $377 million-but thats not enough for director Peter Jackson. His four-disc cut hits stores in time for Christmas, complete with 49 minutes of extra footage and 300 new F/X shots. What's on itNew Scenes include the Nazgul king facing down Gandalf in battle, the Mouth of Sauron taunting the Fellowship at the gates of Mordor, and Aragorn tending to Eowyn in the houses of Healing. The most anticipated addition is Gandalfs final confrontation with Saruman, a controversal last-minute cut from the film. The bonus materials will also bring the production narritive to a close, with extensive making of featurettes. Next "As far as we know, Peter has nothing else up his sleeve,"says New Line Home Entertainment VP Mike Mulvihill. "But he's a DVD fan, and you never know what he may have hidden away"

Last edited by Tar-Alcarin; 06-27-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Tar-Alcarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #40
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Question Aruman?

Quote:
The most anticipated addition is Gandalfs final confrontation with Aruman
They're producing an extended version of the Bakshi animation!!??