The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #321
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
If Ang isn't Glorfindel, then who is? I have yet to see a counter reveal.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #322
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
How do you explain that exchange between Ang and phantom other than Ang being a wolf. Or how he lured Elron to reveal in the first place?
I think the more important part is why would he have fake-revealed now. It wasn't necessary. Seriously.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #323
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The ranger's only chance to give us another Day is a save and thus laying low. (and it would have been for the hunter even more!!!)

But if they manage to organise a double lynch then the ranger can do nothing about it.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #324
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Also, the dead need to PLEASE SHUT UP. It's far too tempting to go creep on you. >.<
We're trying to warn you. IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #325
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
The ranger's only chance to give us another Day is a save and thus laying low. (and it would have been for the hunter even more!!!)

But if they manage to organise a double lynch then the ranger can do nothing about it.
No, the ranger could have and should have countered a fake reveal. Otherwise she might have been lynched herself as there aren't that many options. I trust Angu.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #326
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And we has to vote..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #327
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Sally's posting makes me feel better about her. If she was a wolf she would know more... or be kind of more aware of what's going on.

Which leads me to wonder about Nog again.

What if phantom is actually telling the truth?

Grr couldn't they just lynch Nerwen or Greenie and be done with it?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #328
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

*shakes head*

Whatever phantom is, he's doing a good job at it.

I'm going to brush my teeth.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #329
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I think the more important part is why would he have fake-revealed now. It wasn't necessary. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
If Ang isn't Glorfindel, then who is? I have yet to see a counter reveal.
Remember, lynching an innocent toDay (not the hunter!!!) is the thing the wolves crave for. Then it would be one choice the coming Night going right and victory.

I don't know how crafty those wolves are, but they could come up with a false reveal to either flush the real one (being confident they could outspeak the opposing arguments if there was a duel of rangers) or to encourage the feeling that the gifteds should come fore thus luring their most dangerous enemy, the hunter, out in the open...

And really, as the hunter was lured out in the open, the ranger is now our only hope as it seems clear the wolves lynch whomever they wish (like they have done basically everyDay - D2 included). We need the Nightkill barred and it doesn't exactly help if you declare yourself.

It might actually be, that some of the odd-loking gaming over there is now the baddies already readying things for the Night. They are confident enough they can lynch an innocent toDay so they have already started playing against the ranger to make her/him puzzled?

I'm not sure, but the way I see it explains most of the posts made while any other explanation I have come up with falls short by a mile...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #330
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
*shakes head*

Whatever phantom is, he's doing a good job at it.

I'm going to brush my teeth.
Me too..spooky

Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #331
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
No, the ranger could have and should have countered a fake reveal.
And what would that gain her/him? S/he'd know that the three wolves + one cobbler (at least one) would be on her/him immediately. How could s/he counter 4 votes against her/him?

Just asking.

If the ranger wishes to really try to buy one more Day, s/he needs to barr a kill-attempt.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #332
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't think I buy Phantom's reveal. I find it incredibly difficult to see Elra of all people faking a Hunter reveal - I don't think she's ever been gifted before, she's rather new, and I just can't see it happening.

Unless Phantom's pulling a bluff of some kind - make Boro the Wolf/Cobbler think that Phantom is a Cobbler while Phantom really is the Seer who's dreamt of Boro - which could be why Phantom isn't pushing an Elra lynch as much.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #333
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm not here. I'm disapearing until Sunday in about ten minutes. But I thought I may as well comment while I could.

I do not trust tp's reveal. Why would the Seer dream of Glirdan? Surely tp knows how easy it is to spot a Glirdwolf.

I don't think I'm going to vote. I don't have the time to look over either thread carefully, and there's too much at stake to vote randomly.

EDIT: xed with a Mith, a Nog, and a Shasta
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #334
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
We're trying to warn you. IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!
THIS THIS THIS!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #335
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nerwen is in for an interesting hour...

Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #336
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
And what would that gain her/him? S/he'd know that the three wolves + one cobbler (at least one) would be on her/him immediately. How could s/he counter 4 votes against her/him?

Just asking.

If the ranger wishes to really try to buy one more Day, s/he needs to barr a kill-attempt.
Three people had already left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I do not trust tp's reveal. Why would the Seer dream of Glirdan? Surely tp knows how easy it is to spot a Glirdwolf.
Ahaha!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #337
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

DON'T PROTECT HIM, ANGUIREL!!!!

YES, YES, LYNCH GREENIE! SHE DESERVES IT!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #338
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I agree that Daughter is a good compromise candidate (for those who doubt my claim), but of course the primary problem with that from my perspective is I know she's false and it seems to me that she's a more likely Cobbler than Wolf.
From my perspective I'm pretty sure she's true and it seems to me that she's more likely going to target a baddie than an innocent.

Quote:
It would require a unified Ang, Nerwen, and Phantom with the aid of the extra Dead vote. How likely is it that one of us holds the extra vote?
YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT.

Quote:
Green is the other good compromise besides Daughter since she has already voted, however she is the one I least suspect of the girls. Bleh.
Because she's the most suspicious girl?

Quote:
IF we only have two WWs left here, then there would be enough of us to vote down a Wolf if I caught one,
So now we're getting to this.

Nog I probably gotta believe you. Even you have made more sense than him.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #339
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

THE LIVING VOTES
Boro - phantom
Glirdan - Boro
Green - sally

THE DEAD VOTES
Lommy - Anguirel -> ?

Who we should vote for in order not to deliver false information:
A Little Green
Nerwen
the phantom
Anguirel

I don't like the options. But I also don't like what will happen if we make them think Nessa was a wolf.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #340
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
It's been as you know a long time for me but don't lynched hunters kill their last pick? So phantom would go down. That wouldn't be too bad though, after all, as if Elron has the power she claims he is guilty of something.
So a double lynch with an innocent and a cobbler = immediate wolf-win!

I do agree tp makes a nice storyline there about his "dreams" (well, what would you except from him if not that?), but see also the nice work with including Ang and Boro - who have been more than hinting to him toDay they're the wolves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Whatever we do we need to vote together. I agree that Daughter is a good compromise candidate (for those who doubt my claim), but of course the primary problem with that from my perspective is I know she's false and it seems to me that she's a more likely Cobbler than Wolf. A false declaration of Hunterhood from a Wolf pretty well invites the real Hunter to kill him, doesn't it?
So that's it then? They want to end it toDay!

the phantom calls for lynching enough people (see the request for if the hunter can change her target), some will suspect his reveal but enough will vote for Elron who gets mad, takes tp with her and end of the game!

And see how he's bringing once more the "consoling possibility" there being only two wolves left! *how I'd love to be there to stand up against their trickery!*

I love Nerwen's defiance!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #341
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Nog who do you think is the real Glorfindel then if not Angu?

I am voting now because I'm not sure how long I'm going to be here (might as well stay till the deadline but I'm just really tired). I might retract if need be, but this is the way I'd rather the lynch went right now.

++GLIRDAN

THE LIVING VOTES
Boro - phantom
Glirdan - Boro
Green - sally

THE DEAD VOTES
Lommy - Anguirel -> ?
Agan - Glirdan -> Boro
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #342
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm afraid it will not be a close run toDay so it might be just "whatever" we vote for.

But if it is going to be tight, I'd suggest Nerwen as she's the only one able to resist the chauvinist-gang doing their tricks with little "girlsies" (like they are messing with Elron). Just see how she bit back to Ang who very confidently tried to charm her by just being this great guy (one more sign of his guilt).
Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #343
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Thus, I have a file on my phone called “this chart assumes the legitimacy of Phantom.”
Ahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
(Unless of course Boro turns up and anti-reveals.)
:----D

THE LIVING VOTES
Boro - phantom
Glirdan - Boro
Green - sally
ed - phantom 2

Left: phantom, Angu, Nerwen, sally

THE DEAD VOTES
Lommy - Anguirel -> ?
Agan - Glirdan -> Boro

Hmm.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #344
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Whoops I just realised I voted for someone who, if getting the double vote, will signal Nessa was a wolf. Not that it probably matters much... I'm afraid we won't have a new day.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #345
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That is just Australian woman meets alumnus of Ang's alma mater... lol

Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #346
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nog who do you think is the real Glorfindel then if not Angu?
Nerwen would be my first choice. Her sarcasm upon arrival might also tell about her being it. And her being away most of the Day would explain why she hasn't yet said anything about it - and if she is the ranger, she would think for a moment now what to do - while trying to find out what has been happening (if she needs to pick it up now). But that remains to be seen.

One possibility is Greenie. She has played low profile, is intelligent enough to lay low and has had no chance to react to the latest developements... Although the problem is that I think Ang "revealed" before she went away. Thus making it a bit unbelievable.

Glirdan might be a better choice: he has been overtly active, protecting and helpful as well and voted "right" - and if I'm not wrong (haven't checked) has been away long enough to have missed the reveal? Now that should have to be checked actually...

Hard to say.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #347
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

THE LIVING VOTES
Boro - phantom
Glirdan - Boro
Green - sally
ed - phantom 2
sally - ed
Angu - ed

Left: phantom, Nerwen

THE DEAD VOTES
Lommy - Anguirel -> ed
Agan - Glirdan -> Boro

NO ONE VOTE FOR ANGUIREL HERE.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #348
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Hard to say.
No that doesn't make enough sense... Angu might be being led but I'm going to trust Occam's razor nonetheless.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #349
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Have we decided Elra shouldn't die, then?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #350
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

She's hunting the phantom who can't be anything more than a cobbler. We need a wolf, or just a cobbler. Not both.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #351
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I mean, between Phantom and Elra there's at least one baddie... but if Phantom is just a cobbler.... but what if he's not... and...

My head hurts.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #352
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
She's hunting the phantom who can't be anything more than a cobbler. We need a wolf, or just a cobbler. Not both.
Then wouldn't it make sense to put the double vote on someone like Boro?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #353
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Phantom won't vote for Boro, and unless Nerwen does it'll be a tie if we put the double on Glirdan or it won't matter.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #354
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It's working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elron hunter
Right.

Must go now, so I'm voting.

++ phantom

Because I know he's lying. And if you kill me he dies anyways.
They're so good they actually deserve to win...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #355
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Then wouldn't it make sense to put the double vote on someone like Boro?
If phantom votes for ed she'll have 3, if Nerwen too she'll have 4. If Nerwen votes for phantom it's 3-3. If she votes for Boro, it's 3-2. In which case Boro must have the double vote.

I don't think sally is a wolf.

If ed is a wolf I'm seriously going to kill her.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #356
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

One of Elra and Boro is a baddie, they're competing Hunter claims, the smart thing is to keep Elra alive so she can hunt Boro tomorrow (or vice versa).

I think taking Phantom out by himself makes the most sense.

++elrond's daughter
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #357
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I mean, between Phantom and Elra there's at least one baddie... but if Phantom is just a cobbler.... but what if he's not... and...

My head hurts.
I'm afraid Elron is the hunter indeed and I know phantom is the cobbler - who has sent messages the whole Day with Ang and Boro.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #358
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

THE LIVING VOTES
Boro - phantom
Glirdan - Boro
Green - sally
ed - phantom 2
sally - ed
Angu - ed
Nerwen - ed 3

Left: phantom

THE DEAD VOTES
Lommy - Anguirel -> ed
Agan - Glirdan -> Boro
Shasta - ed -> phantom
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #359
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

UGH! YOU NEVER LET THE PHANTOM HAVE THE LAST WORD! NEVER!

Nerwen, darling, I love you but what are you thinking...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #360
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Dear phantom, couldn't you vote for someone like... Boro?