The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #321
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I just plain disliked the speculation on "everyone has been there anyway"...
Fair enough, I took that from Ang, Agan, phantom...etc as minor joking at expressing the desire to so badly want to see the thread, but how they can't yet. Not as, "nah nah nah, I'm breaking the rules and looking at the game thread. Why aren't you? Everyone else is!"

And I still see nothing beneficial to come out and start insinuating we're all a bunch of cheaters, and if it's ever proven that people are cheating now they should be modfired, possibly banned. A sentiment I do agree with you on, but I don't think this is the time, nor place, to start insinuating there's a bunch of cheaters around, especially since you are familiar and met many of us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
And really Boro, voting me on the grounds that I voiced a general suspicion someone might peek at the dead-thread after a host of people had speculated on it and some had even given the air they had done it anyway or that it would be natural to do it?
Oh Nog, you know full well that's not the only reason I have for voting you. You were most likely going to be my vote today, barring some unseen revelation of information, even before the "don't look at the dead thread" stuff. That just tipped you over to my, I'm extremely confident about my vote today. If I'm wrong, you have my apologies, but not as much as normal, since you can move onto to the desired next life. Shall I eat a toaster or something else this time?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #322
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay, most of this was made before I saw the situation on the thread right now, but it seems to be more or less accurate anyway... So I will just send it with few modifications and then add a few comments on a separate post.

So

I'm the seer.

~*~

Thank you Shasta.

Thank you Aganzir.

I love you both in the RL but will claim you partly responsible if we lose - just because you were too tied with your love-affair. That was important to you, I know, but not what made the game. You were so blind and wrong!

Sorry to say this, but you both made it to me impossibe to act any otherwise. And really Agan, you couldn't be that blind! I left you like hundred clues!!!

And props to you wolves & cobblers to brainwash many innocents to make this true. It seems we are going to try and fight this from Mandos then. You won the first round, let's see if we can fight back?

I hoped I could have had a few more dreams before going to Mandos (going there before the guys who could come back to inform you) but now it seems that the ranger can give me only one more - and that we have already lost one of our possible comebacks - and two innocents with it.

Like I said on D1, we need the ranger and the lovers to stay with us.

And then one of our lovers started both hinting he's a lover as a banter and then later panicked... No Shasta, that's not the way to play. I tried to say on D1 that the lovers should be hush-hush... but did you listen to that?

I hope the Ranger knows better to keep out of the fray and not jump like hundred meters if suspected by one person, and will on time deliver things to us.
Well, s/he's our only hope for any information now.

I myself thought I played it foolishly to reveal Agan's innocence that obviously on D1 after dreaming about her, but at the moment it seems that wasn't such a big mistake at all as no one paid attention to it, notr even Agan herself... *writes to self: next time a seer, hint more clearly as no one gets nothing anyway*

If the DL had been one that I could live with, I wouldn't be doing this but would try to see for surviving some other way. But sadly I can't stay awake to 6AM . So here we are.

So as it is what it is, and I can see what the wolves are doing, sadly, with the help of known innocents, and general idiotics.... I just feel I need to reveal now.

Agan is Beren indeed .

the phantom is a cobbler.

I'd appreciate one more dream of the living *nods towards the ranger*

ADD... and Boro looks really suspicious, as well as Legate, but back to them in a moment (Jesus , I just saw the time...)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #323
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Okay, I'm here and have read through the thread. All I have to say is wow, my head is seriously spinning right now. So much has happened that I have no idea where to look.

Legate, I know my vote was really bizarre, but I'll shamefully admit that it was a throwaway vote.

I also see why Greenie would suspect me, but I'm just being honest. After all, ordos have nothing to lose from honesty-we just have to find some wolves.

Aaand, Nog seems to be ruffling everybody feathers, and the whole situation makes me upset. This is more "aggressive" than I've ever seen him in my admittedly small number of games with him, but he doesn't seem to think that of himself. However, the distrust of the other players looks odd. Just plain odd.

And the whole Shasta stuff makes sense to me. I don't know who I'll vote. It won't do any good to toss my vote like yesterDay, since it wouldn't affect the lynch, but I don't want a double-lynch. That leaves bandwagoning.

Last edited by Nessa Telrunya; 01-28-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Edit:Xed with Nogrod. Oh heavens.
Nessa Telrunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #324
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Boro

I don't have time to consider Nog's revelation right now, but I suspect Boro a bit as it is and I think he'll make a decent "rival" candidate, rather than a possible throwaway on Lottie.

That's it from me, I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll still be around toMorrow to look at more.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #325
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hm. Believe him and go with my Glirdy vote?

Or think he's a wolf, that any counter reveals would only help his case (and put the 'real' seer in danger), and that he's trying to get the Ranger to switch protections from the Lover to the false-seer so that both Lovers are gone for good?

Grrrr.

I don't know what to think.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #326
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
...and of course, with absolute no way to prove anything of what Nog claims.

*sigh* I'm really too grouchy to seriously think on this and don't look forward to the headache that's coming from it.

Agan and phantom are understandable choices for a Nog-seer, or any seer for that matter. And while I've also thought phantom was up to no good, I've continually felt worse about Nog after my first reaction.

Even with Shasta's death, I was telling myself not to buy "Nog is being set up argument" because Nog witnessed my wolf-pack to the exact same thing with Nessa-wolf in his game.

If you're the seer, Nog, you get the choice of what I have to eat. If a wolf or cobbler you be, to the death deserveth ye.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #327
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

So I just skimmed through, sorry I didn't come back when I said I would, I lost track of time and had to rush to work.

I was going to comment on a few random things, but then Nog posted. So I will focus on that.

I am inclined to believe him. This would be a rather crazy bold thing for a Wolf, or even a Cobbler to do, on only Day 2. And I can understand why he felt he had to reveal, what with the Lovers in the position they're in, and people seeming to want to vote for him. Now he'll be safe for toNight, and then he can dream of people as they die, and hopefully the Ranger lasts for a while and can provide us with a bunch of those dreams later on in the game (even if it's just dreams of dead players, that's still super useful, cause it'll be information that we can use to find connections between people).

So I believe him. And now I'm trying to figure out if we should bother killing Phantom? I'm inclined to not at the moment, he can't do much harm, so I would say we don't waste the lynch.

x'ed since Noggins
Old 01-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #328
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Well thank you, Nogrod. I suspected something like that would be coming. My job is at least a bit easier. Now I merely have to decide whether you are Cobbler or Wolf.

The most obvious point speaking against your Seership is your lack of survival instinct. You know good and well that under this format there is no need for you to drop dream hints!! Even were I not a dream-victim there would be no way you could convince me that you would play in such a fashion. Under these rules the Seer is welcome to be very well hidden, as he cannot be legitimately "killed", as he is still able to reveal his dreams through Glorfy and Lovers even after death, and use his dreams to positively influence the outcomes in the Mandos thread.

Sorry, but-
1) Phantom is not a Cobbler.
2) Nog-Seer would not play as you have.

True Seer- do I even need to bother telling you not to counter-reveal? I have a guess at your identity, and I'm thinking that my instruction is needless, but just in case...

So- where does everyone else stand on this? I'm thinking that we almost have to lynch him now even though it bugs me that he could very well be nothing more than a Cobbler and thus he is completely fulfilling his purpose by being lynched.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #329
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm here...

I'm rather inclined to believe Nog - I've seen him get...meaner before as a Gifted. I don't think he can say that Shasta played badly, though. We'll find out in Endgame why the wolves killed him, and until then, it doesn't do much good to say it was all Shasta's fault. I mean, if he was at least trying to determine which specific people would have noticed the hints, that'd be one thing, but as it is, I can absolutely see why he attracted votes like a magnet.

That being said, let's hope Nog dreams us up a wolf toNight.

I do not like the option of Wilwa as the alternative candidate for the lynch. I haven't seen nearly enough of her to form a solid judgement. TP's being a cobbler makes Lommy look better, which means I'm left with Boro as my top choice. I'd vote for someone else if it came down to it, but he strikes me as the most suspicious.

EDIT: xed since Nog

Last edited by Loslote; 01-28-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #330
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Why don't we do the obvious thing ang vote Blind Guardian? Time is short they are apparently about to be modfired. We lose an opportunity to lyncha wolf but we buy a little more time?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #331
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I've seen him get...meaner before as a Gifted.
That isn't my experience with him. This "meanness" you speak of fits nicely into my primary point about him- that for someone claiming to be a Seer he pretty much went the opposite direction when it came to survival tactics. His vote-attracting smacks of a Cobbler, and this false reveal (I realize that no one else can know it's false) also fits the mold.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #332
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
His vote-attracting smacks of a Cobbler, and this false reveal (I realize that no one else can know it's false) also fits the mold.
If he was trying to die, he was already well on his way there. He's already got, what, four votes? If dying was his goal, he just had to keep doing what he was doing. The Seer-reveal kept him alive for another Night, not doomed him.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #333
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So here's an amusing moment for the night...

We have to choose to believe either the phantom, or Nog.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #334
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But Lottie, it paves the way for him to continue serving a purpose once in Mandos. He's already assured his death in one fashion or another, and now the only missing component is having an angle to work after death. Now we see what it is.

Plus there's always the remote hope that there will be a counter-reveal, particularly if the true Seer is also on the chopping block and is put forward as a suitable replacement candidate. A Cobbler would be foolish to ignore that glorious possibility.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #335
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Leaving for home now. Be back soon.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #336
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I hate to say it, but I believe Nog. I don't think it would be particularly beneficial to false reveal as a seer at this point, and he seems worked up enough about the Lovers' playing that it strikes me as sincere.

So I hope I'm right..

++the phantom

Because it's more likely than not that one of the two is a wolf-cobbler.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #337
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
We have to choose to believe either the phantom, or Nog.
Ask me the next day if we're both alive, because my answer right now is "neither."
Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #338
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
But Lottie, it paves the way for him to continue serving a purpose once in Mandos. He's already assured his death in one fashion or another, and now the only missing component is having an angle to work after death. Now we see what it is.
Just like Fea suggested, you mean? But people already know that's an option. They won't trust him completely without proof. Dead people can vote to find out roles, right? So maybe they vote Nog, find out for sure if he's the seer or not. Especially if this:

Quote:
Plus there's always the remote hope that there will be a counter-reveal, particularly if the true Seer is also on the chopping block and is put forward as a suitable replacement candidate. A Cobbler would be foolish to ignore that glorious possibility.
Happens as well. With two reveals, a supposed Cobbler!Nog would not have the automatic power in Mandos that you seem to assume.

EDIT: xed since the post I quoted
Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #339
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ai, ai! You mean to kill me, do you, Nog?

All right, now. My first reaction was "okay, obvious bluff, he's a baddie in totally bad situation, what better can he do?" Now, then, I would've suggested to keep him alive: basically, reason no.1 - what I have said before, he's a Cobbler, right now better alive than dead, where he will just make a mess. Now there comes reason no.2 from the completely opposite perspective - if he really is the Seer, then of course we should keep him alive. However, once again considering all his posts before - with the arguments which I really think were totally off - I would like to lynch him more than ever. Or at least, well, I cannot trust him. And it all comes down to questions of Rangers, Lovers and all this.

Well. It must be said that the points about him behaving "mean" when being a Gifted are relevant. It is true that he acts that way as a Gifted, and I wouldn't put it past phantom to be a Cobbler either, and the dream choices would make sense too, but... really, this time, if I have to bet...

All right, in any case, I am against lynching him, that's enough. Either Seer or Cobbler - in any case, no reason to lynch him just as yet. And, well, let's see what dream he comes up with toMorrow.

For now, back to my old question: whom to vote, and then I should really go to sleep.

EDIT: x-ed since last Fea
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #340
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My list then...

Boro: harped on everything willing to get me lynched. Read the posts and you see what I mean. His suspicions have been "twitter-impressions" (160 markers and nothing to say, really), my case for him is "fb-impressions" (a load more things to go with, if limited as wel).

Mith: her possible attempt to lounch a double lynch at the end of D1 makes me worried about her - even if I still love her and she despises me. Also her idea of lynching the BG is kind of dubious...

Greenie: looks really crafty and seems to vote like a baddie. I always suspect her, but I feel I'm not more wrong that I'm normally. She might be one of the wolves.

Glirdan: he looks very fishy but I'm not too sure. Might be just the oddness of him (meaning that our ideas don't oftentimes meet). Did I not suspect him that many times in thesegames he'd be my number one suspect, but knowing my leaning to suspect him I'm a bit reserved here.

Legate: I thought of him being oddly vague on D1 but toDay he looks more opportunistic than an ordinary innocent. I'm not positive of him being a wolf though.... rather a cobbler.

Lommy I'm drawn with between good and bad. What she says has been more or less reasonable and I know she has not had time to concentrate - but some points raised against her are not without merit. She is ambivalent against the normal measure.

Bleh, I see a host of people posting and I need to take a small break: back soon (OMG the time, but I just feel this matters now...)

*takes a break*

EDIT: x'd after Fea...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #341
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Well. It must be said that the points about him behaving "mean" when being a Gifted are relevant. It is true that he acts that way as a Gifted, and I wouldn't put it past phantom to be a Cobbler either, and the dream choices would make sense too, but... really, this time, if I have to bet...
And it's not just the choices, but he's identified phantom as a cobbler, which is I think more telling.

I imagine if wolf-Nog is trying a fake reveal to save himself, he would want to give the name of a wolf, and that way it would be more likely votes go against phantom, if Nog's reveal was believed. However, he says phantom's a cobbler, not exactly the sure-fire way to save himself if he's a wolf making a fake reveal.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #342
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Right Nogrod and Fea. I did not try to get a double lynch. If you look at posts 170 and 174 I am torn between voting as I wished and risking a triple tie. I only vote when Manwe is ahead already and I don't have any more time to think with TP on my case to vote Lommy. You can pin a lot on me but that is totally spurious. As have been all the charges against me save that I am strung out which I will freely admit to.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #343
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Right Nogrod and Fea. I did not try to get a double lynch.
I could have been remembering wrong. I'll look later to see why I thought that.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #344
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
I hate to say it, but I believe Nog. I don't think it would be particularly beneficial to false reveal as a seer at this point, and he seems worked up enough about the Lovers' playing that it strikes me as sincere.

So I hope I'm right..

++the phantom

Because it's more likely than not that one of the two is a wolf-cobbler.
Hm, brilliant. Now if Nog is bad, this looked rather bad too. And, I mean, even if Nog is telling the truth, once again, it does not make much sense to lynch Cobbler at this point. So I don't see why immediately following and wishing to lynch phantom.

So, in fact, this might bring me even to vote Nessa once again. There is also Lottie, whose reaction I also was not very fond of. The trouble is, we have no way to verify who is lying and who is not right now. Okay, last thought and then I will vote. Honestly.

EDIT: x-ed with Mith and Fea
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #345
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK well the time is seriously incompatible with the time I need to be up tomorrow so unless someone convinces m v quickly I shall vote for damage limitation and Blind Guardian.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #346
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Boro- I think the main reason he identified me as a Cobbler rather than a Wolf was to keep anyone from knowing if he's telling the truth.

On the Dead-Thread we can check for Wolf or non-Wolf, but we can't check a Cobbler. When I die, there will be no Dead-Thread checking me for Cobblery. It can't be done. So there's no evidence to refute him.

Basically, if we lynch him today as we should, upon reaching Mandos he can cry about being wrongly lynched and possibly at some point in the future gain some sway somehow (perhaps out of pity). If he had identified me as a Wolf though- the game would be up as soon as I died, for I would upon arrival in the Dead-Thread immediately ask to have my role viewed.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #347
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Way to go, Nessa. Another reason for me to love our low-posters.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #348
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

++Nessa

I think I have said all as for what I think about whom people should vote or not... preferably not any possible Cobblers; otherwise, sufficient to say, seeing either of my general suspects go will be fine. But I have to really go to sleep now, so, vote well, folks... and really looking forward to toMorrow...

EDIT: x-ed since my last
Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #349
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lottie- I never assumed his power in Dead-Thread, but rather the possibility of power. No one can guarantee anything in this game, but one must try and leave open the possibility.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #350
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
On the Dead-Thread we can check for Wolf or non-Wolf, but we can't check a Cobbler. When I die, there will be no Dead-Thread checking me for Cobblery. It can't be done. So there's no evidence to refute him.
Ah right, I didn't think about the whole cobbler's are going to be revealed as innocents. That certainly changes things and something Nog would definitely think about if having to make a fake reveal.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #351
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Anyone have a vote tally?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #352
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Lommy - Wilwa (Wilwa 1)
Greenie - Nog (Wilwa 1, Nog 1)
Agan - Nog (Nog 2, Wilwa 1)
Boro - Nog (Nog 3, Wilwa 1)
Glirdan - Nog (Nog 4, Wilwa 1)
Sally - Boro (Nog 4, Boro 1, Wilwa 1)
Nessa - Phantom (Nog 4, Boro 1, Wilwa 1, Phantom 1)
Legate - Nessa (Nog 4, Boro 1, Wilwa 1, Phantom 1, Nessa 1)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #353
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Ah right, I didn't think about the whole cobbler's are going to be revealed as innocents. That certainly changes things and something Nog would definitely think about if having to make a fake reveal.
Precisely!

I believe this is the first time I've ever been in this sort of position before, where I'm the only person who can know the truth behind the reveal, and I can tell you it's probably the most maddening thing I've ever experienced. I mean- me telling you "I'm not a Cobbler!" just doesn't cut it despite the fact that it's the most important piece of info we have.

And so I am left with my secondary argument-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
The most obvious point speaking against your Seership is your lack of survival instinct. You know good and well that under this format there is no need for you to drop dream hints!! Even were I not a dream-victim there would be no way you could convince me that you would play in such a fashion. Under these rules the Seer is welcome to be very well hidden, as he cannot be legitimately "killed", as he is still able to reveal his dreams through Glorfy and Lovers even after death, and use his dreams to positively influence the outcomes in the Mandos thread.
Is that not an extremely obvious point, people?

Bleh.... If he gets away with this...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #354
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Agan is Beren indeed .
Ha!
No I'm not. I'm Lúthien.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #355
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

++Nog

I'm just going to push it through. He can yell at me post-game if he really is the seer, but I think his behavior up to and after his reveal screams sinister instead of seer. While I find it logical that a Seer-Nog would dream of Agan and the phantom, it doesn't mesh well with his earlier behavior and it's too easy to see those choices as, "I can say these and nobody has any power to deny it except for the true seer (hahaha!) or the phantom (who nobody believes anyway)!"

So yeah. Farewell, Noggles.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #356
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Ha!
No I'm not. I'm Lúthien.
Seriously?! You switched the roles of you and Shasta purposefully for the sake of having that sort of trap up your sleeve later?!

If so, then I could totally kiss you right now!

(If you weren't already taken, of course.)

(Or am I mistaking the meaning of the tongue-out smiley? Is that "ha ha I'm joking" or "ha ha gotcha"?"
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #357
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I see some of you wish for proof...

And clearly we need some, looking at the votes at the moment... ?

Well if I was a wolf or a cobbler I might have done the following ones as well, but if you think of it, I wouldn't have hang myself to these if I was not the seer...

So here's some what I put there for good and bad (I really feel bad now making the first ones)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me on #107 D1
A short list of my feelings before the voting (short on explanations as I don't have time to write any longer analysis).

Innocent:
Aganzir
- Good posting, innocent vibes, feels like she's trying to find the answers that are for the benefit of the village.

Innocentish:
the phantom - Generally makes good points a wolf might not wish to make, it's just that a few of them do not let me pick him into category above.
Anguirel - Seems getting the idea of our good and makes posts a wolf-Ang probably wouldn't.
Mith - For her comment on Legate (and for that familiar annoyance against anything I say... if she were a wolf she would be nicer to me ).

Could go either way:
Legate - Seems too happy to jump on some things I do disagree, but on the other hand hasn't said or done anything really suspicious.
Lommy - Basically seems to have the hang of it but has the air of avoiding things or, well, what some others have said, over-stating things. Smething says I should not trust her but on the other hand I find nothing clear-cut wrong.
Nerwen - Like someone said before: both clearly up to the situation but still mainly just bantering (was online only relatively early on the Day so that might be understandable).

Slightly worried:
Boro - the way he jumps on someone (yes, me) trying to turn the discussion on a more fruitful ground by saying it's "spinning things for my purposes" (so you should read they are bad) and after being questioned about that by some others, changing his point into me being a pessimist (which wasn't the point of my message) and thus suspicious? Odd, from him.

Of others I have not much to say. But will probably vote for one of them others.
Clearly separating Agan from others here but of course not saying she's a lover as that would have ben damming - and I felt bad afterwards making her this clearly innocent from others as I realisedc how terrible it would bre if the wolves realised I was the seer and thus I would have compromised the lovers. It's a minor comfort to me they picked the lover the other way around... but I do keep banging my head on he keabaorad for making that so evident in a game like this.

When it started looking bad and I needed to get to sleep, I felt I was forced to make this post (beginning of which is here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me on #139 D1
As time here passes away, I need to sleep and can't fight back against this bad idea spreading. So just read what I've said and make wise choises.

Agan - even if I think her innocent - on the contrary makes hasty choices. It is a debatable point whether we should lynch the "quiet" or "under-radar types" here or not. I do think they are easier to find out about in Mandos than here as it will be obvious some of the more active ones will end up there anyway. But as I said, the merits are relative.
I still insisted Agan was innocent even if she ran for me, but the more important thing on this occasion is the bolded part.

Re-organise the words from the "AS TIME HERE" - it is easily turned into "I AM THE SEER".

An odd way to start a paragraph: "As time here passes away, I need to sleep" but normal enough that no one pays attention if not looking for it.

And to anyone willing to suspect my points, how could I have guessed Agan was innocent with that certitude and so unwilling to come more particular with it (telling I had the lover would have been a disaster!!!)? I did even say that I would not suspect her even if she was coming at me with full frontal attack toDay - before she decided to reveal her role.

I liked many of tp's points on D1 but something bugged me there, thus I dreamt of him last Night and found out he is a cobbler.

If the ranger helps me, I can take two more dreams in. I checked this. I can dream of anyone I wish when I'm alive when I fall asleep.

So I dream toNight being protected (hopefully), and if you will not lynch me on the next Day I can dream of a living person even if I get killed then the next Night. So moving to Mandos I'll have the dream of N4 and may be then continue the fight from there.

So whom should I pick?

And bah, whom shoiuld I vote toDay? Soo late the day...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #358
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Ha!
No I'm not. I'm Lúthien.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, that makes me feel way better about the vote I just cast.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #359
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've been away on a fairly riotous evening, but I'm back, I've read the thread, and I think I understand it. Good old Werewolf. Bad old sleep.

I developed a hearty suspicion of Thinlomien after her Wilwa vote; it seemed to fit a pattern, of sniper action against the taciturn. That was of course before the next round of revelations.

Nogrod vs phantom eh. I do have a very decided view on this. But for some reason my internal workings are ordering me to keep it to myself till I vote at whatever I deem the most utilitarian time. That's pretty odd for me - I don't usually keep secrets or my own counsel - and the feeling is so strong I feel impelled to stick it a little longer.

My impression is that Nogrod is still a long way ahead votewise; is that true? (Yes it is. Just seen below)

I trust Mith and would like to extend some non game affection if that's allowed, or frankly even if it's not, but I agree the Blind Guardian thing seems like a sideshow

I think I was understood (perhaps wilfully?) over the Lovers issue. I believe Aganzir in case there was any doubt of that
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #360
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Dear me. I don't like any of this at all. Nog, the seer?!? What? Gah. He could very well be being truthsome, and tp etc. ganging up on him to distract. Or he could be trying to fool us all into going after tp, which people will undoubtedly be willing to do, considering phanty's verbosity. I simply don't know which faction is right. Both of them have been pinging my "uh-oh" radar. I may abstain today if this goes on much longer.