The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #81
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
But I did that...and it just changed the post title, not the thread title.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's just looking too much like fun! I hate to be forced not to play because of my travels...

Enjoy the game everyone!

I'll be following the turns of the game though, as far as it's possible there.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #83
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Get a grip Nogrod. . .there will be plenty of other games for you to play, now enjoy your travels or I shall send Orlando Bloom after you!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #84
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
It's just looking too much like fun! I hate to be forced not to play because of my travels...

Enjoy the game everyone!

I'll be following the turns of the game though, as far as it's possible there.

Where's your commitment man? There will be cybercafes everywhere and you don't want to waste your time lying on a beach do you?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
now enjoy your travels or I shall send Orlando Bloom after you!
No need to threaten me that harshly my friend!

And sorry if you got the wrong feeling from my post. I'm indeed planning to enjoy the philosophy Olympiads where I'm going to partake as a coach for the Finnish team (and one of the many judges who evaluate the essays written there). I'm looking forwards to a pretty interesting week beside the Mediterranian sea...

(You know, in Finland it's a little over 10 degrees celsius and the spring is just waiting to actually come forwards while there it will be +30 with the turqoise sea all around...)
Old 05-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The sea sounds more appealing than the Solent ... but why spoil it with thinking?

As the Critical perspectives(nearest I ever got to Philosophy) tutor said to my class "Why are we here in this classroom? Why aren't we on the beach with a bottle of wine?"

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-13-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
you don't want to waste your time lying on a beach do you?
No I do not. I'm the last person you could drag to lie idly on a hot beach just for the presumed fun of it... as there is no fun in that to my view. That's no bussiness for humans...

But maby a cozy little tavern in the shadows of a palm- or olivetree, some smooth wine and a nice palate of fresh Mediterranian meze around shared with interesting new acquaintances...

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
As the Critical perspectives tutor (nearest I ever got to Philosophy) tutor said to my class "Why are we here in this classroom? Why aren't we on the beach with a bottle of wine?"
I seem to have answered your question already!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #88
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Only problem was he did insist on continuing the class even though we were all quite happy to relocate via the nearest off licence... the beach was only minutes away

Clearly it will be hard work for you ...life is harsh sometimes...

Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #89
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
and 4 am in Australia (sorry, Sixth...)
'Tis perfectly okay, I am used to the deadline being in the middle of the night by now. Just no-one expect a huge number of posts from me on the thread.

SOON THE GAME STARTS... (rocks back and forth)
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:19 AM   #90
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hehe...if I were you Sixth, I'd just stay up for the deadline. That's the kind of person I am...a late nighter. In fact, 4am would be a great deadline for me.

But then again, you're currently in school, aren't you, so I guess that probably wouldn't work out so well...
Old 05-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #91
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
just had an idea for roles... probably too late now

it could switch like

Boromir88 - Gil-Galad
Gil-Galad - Boromir

just a fun twist...
Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #92
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry, Gil, that train has sailed.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #93
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Just noting that I'll be away most of Day1. Sleep, school, confirmation courses. ( :rooleyes: ) Might have an hour but don't expect too much spammage from me.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #94
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Post 2200

I am just letting you know that I have gotten ill and that combined with the fact that I only got 4 hours of sleep due to a dentist appointment, means that I really need a nap now if I am to get through work tonight.

Normally I would call in sick, but I have some really important stuff to do the next two days, actually mostly tomorrow. . . .still I would prefer not call in sick, show up the next day and then maybe call in sick the next day, it would seem very weird.

The result is that I will now go take a nap and I don't know when I will be back, I shall make sure as a minimum to drop in before deadline and cast a vote.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #95
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I decidied to call in sick anyways. . .but I still need more napping!

I will return.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #96
Volo

\o/ No confirmation courses today! So, I'll be here WWing for a few hours.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:19 AM   #97
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I just wanted to add that I would really appreciate it if anybody who needs to send me a name during the night phase would do so at least an hour before the deadline. I don't want to be late getting the narration posted.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #98
Gil-Galad

i apolagize for day one, i was really busy that day and i feel so bad not participating as much...
Old 05-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #99
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Of course I forsaw this....

and I was having so much fun.... I shall watch the rest of the game with much interest.

Mithalwen in Mandos.

I knew Lemonade was a bad idea

Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #100
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just so you know, I'm having the Work Week From Hell this week (2 jobs equals 8 shifts in 5 days and little to no sleep!) I thought my schedule was going to be different (i.e. much lighter) when I signed up and then I got a couple extra shifts piled on me... le sigh. Anyway, for the time being I'm okay but I'm not even sure I'll be able to post this weekend.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #101
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I shall not be around for the rest of this Day, as I shall be watching the cricket at Lords (don't you know) tomorrow. I am unlikely to make it back before the deadline, unless rain stops play (which is always a possibility, but not forecast).

Toodle pip.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #102
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Weeellll.....

Of course I couldn't put Durelin in this death narration; I had to wait until the time was up to know what I was writing! (In the last hour, I prepared Rune-lynching, Legate-lynching, Legate & Boro double-lynching and Boro-lynching narrations!)

But surely she must die tonight.

Perhaps if she posts on the admin thread tonight I'll be flexible, though... ... I really don't like to eliminate a player...
Old 05-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #103
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
(In the last hour, I prepared Rune-lynching, Legate-lynching, Legate & Boro double-lynching and Boro-lynching narrations!)
You surely must show them to us after the game ends - especially the double-lynching might be interesting. The other two can eventually still take place.

I only wanted to make known that I probably won't be around the next Day (well, probably - read it as "surely". It's highly improbable that I'd show up). You won't believe how disappointed I am with it, but duty calls. Hmm... is it possible to send posts to the Downs via SMS?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #104
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
Hmm... is it possible to send posts to the Downs via SMS?
Sure is!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #105
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Sure is!
Well, currently I'd give anything for the possibility of posting toMorrow... it would of course also need the possibility of seeing the posts. What a shame, what a shame... oh, I don't know how I'm going to spend the Saturday, but I'll surely have mind on WW instead of what I should... ***ADDICT***
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #106
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Sorry about lack of activity last couple of days. Preparing for company coming tomorrow.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #107
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I am in the middle of some completely unavoidable nasty gobbledigook* at the moment and may be unable to post the narration beginning the day right at the deadline. If this occurs, please don't be angry with me and/or concerned for my safety.

If Durelin hasn't posted here yet by the deadline, you may assume she's dead. I trust the wolves will stop PMing at that time, and you may begin posting in the game thread. I'll get the narration up as soon as possible.

*Macalaure, don't worry, it's not anything new; I'm just dealing with the situation that came up yesterday evening.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #108
Volo

And what about the wolf kill? Ask some dead player to notify it to us.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #109
Volo

And other: I might post Legate's vote.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #110
Volo

Triple-post even here...

Xyzzy's dead, huh?
Old 05-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm afraid it looks that way, Volo. But, to be fair, I'll give him the same chance I gave Durelin...if he posts on this thread before the day begins tomorrow, he will be forgiven.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #112
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Dang...what a bad luck I have. I just can't seem to get past Day 3. And I don't think I'll ever get out of this curse.

Oh well. Good luck wolves.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:41 AM   #113
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Dang...what a bad luck I have. I just can't seem to get past Day 3. And I don't think I'll ever get out of this curse.

Oh well. Good luck wolves.
It was far better than my wolf-debut! If Rune hadn't accused you, you could have flown under the radar all the way to victory...quite impressive!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:47 AM   #114
Volo

Quote:
I'm afraid it looks that way, Volo. But, to be fair, I'll give him the same chance I gave Durelin...if he posts on this thread before the day begins tomorrow, he will be forgiven.
This forgiving can't be eternal. Even though it might sound cruel, I think there has to be a stricter rule about not participating in the game. Ok, a day or two away for a reason is understandable, but not so that you have to retreat from several games in a row... Or if you post a post per Day saying nothing on topic.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #115
Gil-Galad

quick question, does seer = medium

because i remember coming up with a role called the medium a while back, so just wondering...
Old 05-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #116
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ooops...I didn't know there was already a "canonical" medium. It's a role I made up for this game - as far as how it works...I will keep my own council for now.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #117
Volo

Quote:
Ooops...I didn't know there was already a "canonical" medium. It's a role I made up for this game - as far as how it works...I will keep my own council for now.
Yup, Gil's role, never used (?).
Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #118
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'M SO SORRY.

I really did not think things through when I joined this game. >_<

I AM SOO SOOOO SORRY!!!!!!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #119
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I had just started to worry about you!

Sorry you missed the game...
Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #120
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Yup, Gil's role, never used (?).

yep its never been used as far as i know, simply the medium is just the opposite of the weaver, where the weaver views connections between two living villagers, the medium takes a dead one and a living one an determines a connection