The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #761
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Also SERIOUSLY.

Brinn and Kath. Why did we not make Sally the other lynch option yesterDay. WE ALL SUSPECTED HER GOD[censored].
Yesterday straight up blew my tiny mind.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #762
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I, for one, prefer to use my fangs & claws like a proper Nightmare Wolf.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #763
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Brinn and Nilp would you also like to paint your clown faces?

Seriously. This outcome is a relief to me actually because I spent the whole Night convinced I am an utter failure but boy we all were

Shasta is the only innocent who made whatsoever any sense yesterDay. *sends kisses and apologies to the dead thread*

(Yes, Brinn voted for a wolf but if she had voted Mac instead we would have been saved.)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #764
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
You should all have listened to Shasta.
Or Brinn, for that matter. Her boss lady analyses yesterDay were pretty spot on.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #765
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My furry dudes I'm full of admiration

but

WHY ON EARTH DID YOU SPLIT YOUR VOTE LIKE THAT YESTERDAY

that was absolutely brazen and pretty cool
Old 06-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #766
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I, for one, prefer to use my fangs & claws like a proper Nightmare Wolf.
And rightly so, my terrifying brother. Embrace your primal instincts. You deserve it!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #767
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Let me guess, Lommy, are you the Ranger?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #768
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Brinn and Kath. Why did we not make Sally the other lynch option yesterDay. WE ALL SUSPECTED HER GOD
Well, that was on you. I did vote her. And yes, I should've voted Mac, but you two were the ones that joined that ridiculous Shasta bandwagon. He was our only practically known innocent!

And really guys, you didn't want to make this more fun and bus one of your own? You still probably would've won anyway..
Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #769
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes please, tell us who you are, ranger. Speaking for myself, I have no idea who you might be....
Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #770
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well after some thought and discussion. Game has concluded.

Wolves Victory. Congrats Legate, Macalaure, sally, and Pitch (the Nightmare wolf) for a wonderfully played game.

Cobbler victory! Absolutely brilliant Rikae!

This post will serve as a place holder for the final narration!

Dead folks, come on over and join the discussion!

We'll keep the Game discussion happening here, but I'm all good for calling it.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #771
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
(Yes, Brinn voted for a wolf but if she had voted Mac instead we would have been saved.)
With Nilp's vote, it wouldn't actually have mattered.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #772
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
And really guys, you didn't want to make this more fun and bus one of your own? You still probably would've won anyway..
Hey, we sure tried....
Old 06-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #773
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
HOW

WOULD

YOU

KNOW

THAT

I was consoling myself with at least the thought that you guys must have had no idea because I looked like the dumbest ordo to ever ordo, or possibly the cobbler.

But yes I am. Don't ask who I protected last Night because it doesn't make me look any smarter
Old 06-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #774
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

I was consoling myself with at least the thought that you guys must have had no idea because I looked like the dumbest ordo to ever ordo, or possibly the cobbler.

But yes I am. Don't ask who I protected last Night because it doesn't make me look any smarter
Oooo, was it meeeeeeeeeeeee?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:19 PM   #775
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
It was not planned!

Remember when I said I felt like being encircled by wolves? That was me complaining to them!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:19 PM   #776
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well. Had Nilp not appeared out from nowhere in the very last seconds of the last minute, the dead would have voted to get Mac on the gallows - and the game would have been very different toDay.

But congrats wolves! Pretty daringly played, especially dividing your vote on Day4! That was genius!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:19 PM   #777
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
It was not planned!

Remember when I said I felt like being encircled by wolves? That was me complaining to them!
We're still sorry but not really. We would have remembered you fondly.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #778
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm putting an end to this misery and Nilping myself! Yesterday gave me anxiety and a headache that lasted through the night.

AND WHY CAN'T I EVER BE IN THE DEAD THREAD?! IT LOOKS SO MUCH MORE FUN!

++Brinn
Old 06-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #779
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well. Had Nilp not appeared out from nowhere in the very last seconds of the last minute, the dead would have voted to get Mac on the gallows - and the game would have been very different toDay.

But congrats wolves! Pretty daringly played, especially dividing your vote on Day4! That was genius!
He's not kidding--once you read the Dead Thread, you will see we were pretty much completely taken in. I daresay our extra vote would have staved things off (NILLLLLLLLLLP!), but not changed the end result.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:21 PM   #780
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Well, as for me, that was totally unplanned. I came into yesterDay with no good idea what to do, but when I saw you improving on Mac's list I thought, maybe that could be an opening, and while I was writing a post Shasta happened and Sally got on board too and it all spun from there. Could have turned out not so good if not for Nilp's last second vote. I laughed like crazy for minutes when it actually worked.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #781
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Edit: For posterity, the Dead Thread

Hello, Living. Well done, Wolves and Cobbler! You deserve the win.

For the past... several Days, we Dead have been insisting the Living are all terrible, but this result proves one thing:

The Dead are terrible too!

We'd pretty much unanimously agreed on a Legate-Mac-Lommy-Kath pack, so this has been a really surprising Morning. (We did spot Rikae yesterday though!)

Wolves, I have to know: did you find the post where Greenie listed all of her dreams on Day 3?

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 06-12-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #782
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I daresay our extra vote would have staved things off (NILLLLLLLLLLP!), but not changed the end result.
You might be correct with the latter, but at last there would have been a fighting chance for one more Day.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #783
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
It was not planned!

I was busting out laughing when you made that post. Sides are still hurting. I have a whole list of posts next to my computer just from yesterday that I tried to rep for everyone, but kept saying I had to spread the wealth.

Ah well, hopefully I can get around to it.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #784
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
HOW

WOULD

YOU

KNOW

THAT
Your response to my post about Rikae drawing the Ranger protection from Greenie. Nothing you couldn't have said as an ordo, but I got a feeling you might have a special investment in the matter.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #785
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

No, it was not you Sally. It was Pitch.

See, based on rereading yesterDay, I was conviced the wolves are Mac, Kath and Brinn, and Rikae is the cobbler.

That made Sally and Pitch the remaining ordos to me.

I wanted to protect Nilp of course, but I couldn't (which you correctly calculated ), but I hoped there was still a chance that the wolves wouldn't dare to attack Nilp in case I had actualy gambled before.

So I was like "who else is a likely wolf kill?" "Obviously Sally who so innocently joined the anti-Mac wagon since Mac must be a wolf after all."

(Side note: I SAID THE ANTI-MAC WAGON LOOKED FISHY AF AND FULL OF FURRIES AND IT WAS!!!!! somehow we still messed up. amazing.)

So I went "but the wolves must agree that Sally looks very innocent, so they would expect me to protect Sally if I can't protect Nilp. So if they want to play it über safe, they'll have to gun for someone else".

So then I thought Pitch would be the perfect candidate for the wolf kill. He was laying low the whole game, ergo could look like a gifted. For not jumping on the Shasta wagon, he was unlikely to look like a cobbler to the wolves. He was obviously innocent. And best of all, he had talked about the wolves possibly trying to mislead the ranger and the bh, which is a point the ranger would have thought about! (Side note spoiler alert: she didn't.)

So I managed to convince myself Pitch was a likely wolf plan C kill choice that they might be desperate enough to go for if they didn't go for Nilp because they really really really needed to kill an innocent.

...oops.

But hey, I couldn't have really prevented the kill anyhow since I had just protected Nilp, who had very clearly said he would be unprotected (which turned out not to be a bluff), and I had no way of knowing the wolves would prefer to gun for the seer instead of him. (To be fair, would I have had a little less busy RL day that Night, I might have still protected someone else, but I didn't have any feasible alternative for Nilp. Also if the wolves had killed Nilp under my nose I would have kicked myself real hard.)
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #786
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*goes to check dead thread*

*expects a lot of dents in the walls from all the heads banged against them*
Old 06-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #787
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
He's not kidding--once you read the Dead Thread, you will see we were pretty much completely taken in. I daresay our extra vote would have staved things off (NILLLLLLLLLLP!), but not changed the end result.
To be fair, after all of our complaints about the living being terrible, I think we kind of deserved to be wrong about everyone except Mac. (At least we got him right. I think the yelling in the Dead Thread reached impressive new heights when he voted for Shasta after saying that he was a possible Seer-dreamed innocent, and nobody batted an eye )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin
Wolves, I have to know: did you find the post where Greenie listed all of her dreams on Day 3?
See, this is the thing. I discovered that from a dead Seer's perspective the Dead Thread is actually a horrible idea! All the relevant information was in that D3 list post, but all you guys did was try to figure out increasingly complicated methods of communicating with the Dead Thread I mean, I got to the Dead Thread and they'd already figured out all the dreams so I was sure the living would, too (For the record: N1 Shasta, N2 Nilp, N3 Rikae, N4 Legate.)
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #788
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
The Eye

My dear, beloved packmates! *joins a big, furry hug* Well done!!! I'm so proud of you *wipes tear*

And our dearest ally! I am amazed. That's what I call resilience! That's how it should be played! You showed all the Cobblers who exist only to become instant knowledge and throw themseves in a kamikaze run on the first opportunity, you showed them how it's done! That was some performance!

*thinks of the Dead Thread and giggles* You should absolutely see what were the Dead doing... and especially who they thought were the Wolves. Close! But not enough, clearly not enough...

I may have forgotten something, but Brinniel was the only I know of who said (yesterDay, I believe?) at some point correctly who all the Wolves were. A pity (well, for the innocents, I mean) that the thought was not followed more closely.

Quote:
As some consolation to the innocents that Wolves can be also oblivious however: the first moment I literally started seriously considering Lommy might be the Ranger was about thirty-five minutes ago when she entered the room with a grin on her face that she clearly could not suppress. That was also the first failure at our home in keeping poker faces, as far as I am aware.

But folks... try sending kill PMs when another person is sitting a meter and half from you...

Quote:
That was fun

Anyways, it was a really fun game! Thanks, Boro! Thanks everyone anyway! I enjoyed interacting with every single one of you, roles be whatever they be.

And the Dead Thread should absolutely become a thing in every game, in some way or another.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #789
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Your response to my post about Rikae drawing the Ranger protection from Greenie. Nothing you couldn't have said as an ordo, but I got a feeling you might have a special investment in the matter.
I was wondering if I should comment on that at all but I couldn't quite restrain myself, because it made me belatedly suspect Mac (hellooooo why didn't I stick to that) and I wanted to point that out.

Mac, was that post of yours on Day2 where you made a list and similarly worded your innocent feelings of me and Rikae a deliberate protection lure?

I'm sad to say it worked.

But hey, if it hadn't, my other protection option for N4 was Sally for "possibly seerishly defending Nogrod" To clarify, I didn't think Sally was the seer, but I thought the wolves might think she was.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #790
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
As some consolation to the innocents that Wolves can be also oblivious however: the first moment I literally started seriously considering Lommy might be the Ranger was about thirty-five minutes ago when she entered the room with a grin on her face that she clearly could not suppress. That was also the first failure at our home in keeping poker faces, as far as I am aware.
*shrug shrug*

I had an adrenaline hype tbh. And it didn't help that our lovely Mod God sent me a link to The Final Countdown on youtube and I was listening to it on repeat.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #791
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I think my biggest takeaway from this Game was: if it's another five years between games (seriously, I think my last one was the 10th anniversary in 2015), I need to deep dive into a couple of old games first to refresh myself.

And, uh, I think I'll consider the Excel thing a failed experiment.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #792
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eye

Upon request of the furry person sitting a meter away from me, a list of ranger protections aka oops oops and oops

N1 Boro well, I tried. He didn't let me do that.
N2 Brinn. Lottie was on my short list too. I wanted to go for someone who might be giving a "gifted vibe" and had clearly stated their trust in another player (possible see dream). I don't remember who I thought seer-looking Brinn could have dreamed of., and I probably don't want to.
N3 Mac (see previous post)
N4 Nilp
N5 Pitch (also see a previous post)
Old 06-12-2020, 04:44 PM   #793
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Honestly. That has to be one of the worst games I've ever played in terms of my own performance. Beautifully played wolves and Cobbler!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:46 PM   #794
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
So then I thought Pitch would be the perfect candidate for the wolf kill. He was laying low the whole game, ergo could look like a gifted. For not jumping on the Shasta wagon, he was unlikely to look like a cobbler to the wolves. He was obviously innocent. And best of all, he had talked about the wolves possibly trying to mislead the ranger and the bh, which is a point the ranger would have thought about! (Side note spoiler alert: she didn't.)
These were more less the exact points which made me feel quite strongly Pitch was the Ranger (okay, Brinn was my other candidate for the Ranger).

It was nice to realize one was not totally in rust after years of no games, but I clearly noticed I had lost even the slightest touch of self-preservation. Although now that I checked it, I was lynched by the votes of two wolves, the Cobbler and one innocent. So that kind of cheers me up a bit even if I would have liked to play a little more with the living.

That said: I also hope the Dead Thread is here to stay. It is absolutely marvellous for both it's nice feeling but also the quite stressless chance to play the game. Well, to be honest, I guess we stressed even more in the end of D4 than you guys here, but the difference was, we stressed together, in a company, sharing our feelings - which you kind of can't do in the living thread.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #795
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Honestly. That has to be one of the worst games I've ever played in terms of my own performance. Beautifully played wolves and Cobbler!
You have no idea how much it comforts me that it's you and me both. And that I at lest got your innocence right unlike pretty much everyone else!

But like looks like both the living and the dead villagers were mostly extremely clueless in this game.

It's just terrible that last game, I trusted logic too much and persecuted innocents based on it, and this game, I decided to favour gut feeling but it didn't serve me much better...
Old 06-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #796
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
That said - seriously well done, wolves! With a combination of exceptionally clueless ordos and Gifteds (admittedly both Nilp and I pegged Legate on the same Night, but as our only wolf catch it's kind of sad), and an exceptionally brilliant wolf pack, you really did deserve it this time. That was a fantastic performance, you guys.

Also special shout out to Shasta, who I dreamed on N1 because I figured if I know I can trust him he'll make a terrific ally (and might even point me to actual wolves with those famous psychic powers of his). Turns out I was right, but his Cassandra complex on the last Day was tragic to watch.

Finally, unrelated sidenote - I'm almost disappointed we didn't get a chance to see the Nightmare Pitch in action. (Though God knows us Gifteds were in enough trouble as it was ) So maybe that's a role we can have again in a later game?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #797
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Honestly. That has to be one of the worst games I've ever played in terms of my own performance.
Me as well. At the end I was so convinced that Pitch and Sally were wolves, and I was sure that the voting was coming down between two innocents. At least I was right about the first two.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #798
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

A brief secretarial post...

Gifted:

Seer Greenie
N1- Shasta
N2- Nilp
N3- Rikae
N4- Legate

*Kudos to Huey in the dead thread for figuring out these exact and precise dreams. Then subsequently the head bashing that after her death the focus was on complicated messages to the Dead players and not actually reading Greenie's posts.

I will point out that Brinn and Rikae went through Greenie's posts and I think were the closest to figuring out her dreams. And the "dead communication" plots were mostly being stirred by a wolfy-Mac

Ranger Lommy
N2- Brinn
N3- Mac
N4- Nilp
N5- Pitch

You didn't protect all wolves! Even though I think you protected them more during the day this time than guarding them at night. Ah well, many of the dead will be eating a bit of humility too.

Beast Hunter Nilp
N2- Brinn
N3- Himself
N4- Greenie

I'm very glad that this role's gift played out. Especially seeing that Nilp had fun with it too made it more enjoyable.

It's the game I think I will dub Nilp was soooo close, but yet not quite.

Night 2 he sent the PM wondering if he booby traps Brinn's house or Lottie's. He settled on Brinn unfortunately. And that could have changed things pretty quickly. Because at that time Pitch was the the NW and was the chosen sacrifice if they were caught in the trap.

But when it became evident that Legate would go down sooner or later (I think after Nog's lynch) they switched to sacrifice him. Which was a well timed move, since Greenie dreamed of him only that same night.

Then he had a bold plot to openly accuse Mac of being a werewolf and tried to bait the wolves to come after him that night. (I'd be interested to hear from the pack what they thought about Nilp that day he voted for Mac). Only the wolves did not take the bait, which convinced him that Mac was innocent and well...the rest is history.

I think Nilp lacks mine and Lommy's resilience (to help Rikae in their point system )

Last edited by Boromir88; 06-12-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #799
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Honour where honour is due: Rikae, that was awesome! We only began to suspect it was you last Night (actually Mac did), but I should probably have guessed because I'm pretty sure you'd have destroyed me if you'd been innocent.

Kudos to our Sestra Wolfcake, Sally, who actually suggested to kill Greenie when we did. That was a stroke of genius! Her being the seer came as a joyous surprise, to me at least.

Mac, you said last game you were always nervous as a wolf, but you looked totally cool to me most of the Daytime. Admirable!

Legate, good choice to take my place as BH trap bait when you did. It hurt to lose you, but you've been avenged!

Also kudos to Brinn: you had us all scared with your analyses, they were so close to truth!

Nog and Formy: I'm so sorry for the frustration you went through in this game, but what's a bloodthirsty night-beast supposed to do?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 06-12-2020 at 04:57 PM. Reason: x-ed with a bunch
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #800
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Also one more thing I feel bad about is messing up interpreting Greenie's dreams. I didn't go through Greenie's posts myself, and if I had, I think I might have figured them out better. My N1 Lottie, N2 Nilp, N3 Legate interpretation was solely based on quotes picked from other people's analyses. ( = bad. But I had limited amount of time and energy to play this time thanks to work, so I thought I could afford to take the shortcut since there were several different greenielyses floating around...)