The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2007, 04:23 AM   #521
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I actually oppose. It was extremely frutrating when he stated that he didn't suspect me in the least. You aren't supposed to vote for a real person but their WW role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
As Volo said. I felt like we weren't really deserving our success. We could have gone down in honorable and sportsmanlike defeat.
I disagree. I have always been a great believer that you take your fellow players as you find them, as that is what adds so much interest to the game. That is Ang's way. It makes him great fun to play with and can go both ways as it can bring him spectacular success against the odds sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Yeah, sorry for those. As you see, they are often thought of by players. I think you, Espiem should add this and the other unwritten rules (all the ones I broke) into your sticky post.
No, I think that when you start legislating what evidence players can use and what they can't, particularly when it comes to past games, things get far too complicated and there would be too much scope for dispute. You can't stop players thinking about things like this, so I see little reason to prevent such thoughts being posted. It's up to the other players to make up their minds whether it has any value or not. I used similar arguments myself, based on the likely balance of the two teams, in order to try and discredit your claim, Volo.

Oh and Volo. Credit where credit is due. You played a very sneaky game, but wonderfully so. It was a great strategy and, when you caught Mac out, I thought that our game was up. If only I had got there before Mac, I would have been the one to make the competing Seer claim ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I actually thought that between Lommy and Kath, Kath would more likely be Gifted (but definitely not a Seer since she was so off about Rune ).
Funnily enough, Kath's single-minded pursuit of Rune made me think at first that she might be the Seer, and I nearly dreamed of her instead of Mac on Night 3. It was when Rune was proved an innocent Gifted that I began thinking Kath a likely Wolf.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #522
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Was ist das? Blasphemy! WW is serious, my dear young man.
Yes, but I separate the two. I take WW seriously, just... not to the point where I hold grudges against people across games (too much... XD)

Edit:

Also, Ang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
If Sauce, Shasta and Kath are not our remaining foes I will eat my bowtie and my nice waistcoat with its silver buttons.
Would you like some ketchup with that outfit?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 05-26-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #523
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
That was great.

Rikae - the narrations were hilarious. Though, I must say that when Agan phoned me and told me the brief version of my death narration it sounded more than little pervertic...

Kudos for the magnificient wolves and the amusingly cunning mediums and for the great cobbler and for everyone actually, since that was a great game. It was a pity I died so early - the game looked so intriguing and I would have loved to try my role more (I've never before been a ranger by the way...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
I have to admit (boast?) that I nominated Lommy to be killed and felt an enormous amount of glee when she turned out to be gifted.
Now I know who I will try to get rid of in the next ww-game...

Oh, and I can't just believe Legate was an ordo. His behaviour baffled me a lot. He was jumpy like a wolf but careless like an ordo. I suspected him on Day1, but then (I thought) the puzzle was solved - that exactly is the behaviour of a gifted! So I protected him on Night2 and quite changed my opinion on Day2...

I'm very glad Kath was innocent, because I protected her the night I died. I also considered protecting Ang - they both looked quite innocent and possible kill targets based on innocentishness (aside for me, I was acknowledging the danger of getting killed myself). But I considered killing Volo (to test him) that night! I almost did it, since I believed he was either the reincarnation of Tolkien or a bluffing wolf, but happily I changed my opinion on the last minute, thinking the risk of him being a gifted is a bit too big. I'm so glad I didn't kill him!

Those wolf pms are so funny by the way.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #524
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hah, it would have been GREAT if Lommy had killed Volo. I think I would have died of laughter. *snicker*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #525
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Though, I must say that when Agan phoned me and told me the brief version of my death narration it sounded more than little pervertic...
Perverted? Why ever would you say that??
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #526
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White-Hand What a game! What a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
My reason for dreaming of Legate, by the way, was because I thought that he looked Wolfish and so concluded, on the basis of my usual performance, that he might well be the Seer ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Oh, and I can't just believe Legate was an ordo. His behaviour baffled me a lot. He was jumpy like a wolf but careless like an ordo. I suspected him on Day1, but then (I thought) the puzzle was solved - that exactly is the behaviour of a gifted! So I protected him on Night2 and quite changed my opinion on Day2...
I'd like to clear here one thing a little bit, it was actually sort of a bait from me and I really thought like that, I wanted to cause attention and (possibly) look as if I were a Gifted... I had a plan of luring wolves out, of course... from what I see, it worked only a little bit (though somehow yes: it worked on SpM and the Wolves also a little bit thought about me being a Gifted, though not as much as I hoped). Well, it was just a try. Funnily enough, looks like Lommy was the only one to think exactly how I imagined/wanted/supposed people to think, which, though it proves a nice empathic link, in her case as a Gifted, was not quite my intention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I just thought Legate was confused on the way I play and therefor was a misled innocent.
All too true... However good my intentions were, apart from SpM and Mac, I ended mostly suspecting innocents (and SpM also isn't much of a win).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 AM   #527
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Perverted? Why ever would you say that??
Well, Agan can make anything sound perverted... (Seriously, I think it had mostly do with her focusing on things like the attractive ill-fitting polyester uniform...)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #528
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Thanks for making me a gifted. . .it was so nice to finaly try it, even though it ended in tears.

I must say this was an interesting game, unfortunately i did not follow the ending as I got sick and my ear-drum ruptured and for some reason that made me stay away fro BD and LJ. . . dunno why.

There was a lot of interesting roles and good preformances, but also a lot of frustrating things and I must admit that I was left stunned by some of the desitions of the village. . . .

I am kind of sad that I did not get a few extra nights to spy as my next targets where Mac and then Di. . .Shasta I never had a clue about.

If I may talk just a tad bit more about my self, then I will do so. . . I must say that these last few games of ww have really given my ww-ego a boost. Not only have I saved my own neck twice by getting Brinniel lynched, but I have also been alright at picking out wolwes.

Oh and Lommy, I am so sorry I did not protect you that night. . .I was so close to doing it, but agreed with my self that spying was so much cooler.

I belive my message to Rikae was something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Tonight I will spy on Lommy, I can do that right?
If not then I will protect her. . .
For me there where three people that really stood out in this game and preformed at the highest level and that was Shasta, SPM and Rikae!

Shasta, simply because I had no clue what so ever. .

SPM. . . never have I been so convinced by cobblerish arguments

Rikae because she has nice hair! oh yeah and she was also OK as a mod

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #529
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I must say that these last few games of ww have really given my ww-ego a boost. Not only have I saved my own neck twice by getting Brinniel lynched, but I have also been alright at picking out wolwes.
Killing me boosted your ego? Pfft. Perhaps I should remind you that each time you've helped gotten me lynched, the next Night is followed by your own tragic death.

But don't worry about me, one day I will have my revenge. Yes...I can promise you that.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #530
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I think you are mistaking "tragic death" and "Heroic death"

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #531
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, maybe this time around that is so (though I cannot personally see it that way, as I was rooting for the other team), but as for the time before this one, I wouldn't consider helping lynch a poor innocent heroic.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #532
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thank you Rune. Compliments will not get you a special role in The Lost Age II, though...

I can't believe I forgot to mention how the wolves' quest stood on the edge of a knife on Night3! An hour before the deadline, Macalaure PM'd me the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I totally forgot that the pick has not been sent yet.

I'm still discussing last things with Brinn, but you can count with either Kath or Lommy.

I'm sorry...

~ Mac
Now, Lommy had already told me she was protecting Kath! So, naturally, I waited quite anxiously for Mac's next PM... I was kind of hoping they'd choose Kath, because I thought no wolf kill would compensate for the need to modkill Durelin that night, blus I was rooting for the village that day. (I generally root for whichever side appears to be losing...this game I kept switching sides, which pleases me as a mod! A close game is a good game.)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote