The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2003, 08:27 AM   #1
Melkor89
Pile O'Bones

Melkor89 has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Hobbits, druggies or not?

Do you think that if hobbits lived today, they would still smoke, drink and eat so much even if the knew it was bad for them. Do they just not care? Also, would they shave their feet like girls shave their legs, or do Hobbits find foot hair sexy? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2003, 01:00 AM   #2
Antien
Animated Skeleton

Antien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

uh, i think that they'd still eat, drink and be Merry, (lame joke) But the girl-hobbits might shave they're feet...and legs...and...and...

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Antien ]
Old 06-07-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Artanis
Haunting Spirit

Location: The Wild (I just love solar powered computers, don't you?
Artanis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, man...if you want to fully explore that, you have to go to http://bagenders.stormpages.com ! It is the best LotR fanfic series I have ever read. Ever. It's like...required...or something...it's so good! I will warn you, though...before you read it there is some...ahem...colorful material. But it is well labled. So don't come crying to me if you get an image of Gandalf's shins stuck in your head. Because I told you. So ha. But Merry and Pippen would definately be druggies....so...yeah.

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Artanis ]
Old 06-09-2003, 12:15 AM   #4
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

But the do live!!...

Oh man, i laughed myself silly yesterday when i was going over a map and there was a Buckland in western Queensland. (australia)... see thats where all the hobbits are hiding!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Do you think that if hobbits lived today, they would still smoke, drink and eat so much even if the knew it was bad for them. Do they just not care
I think you could very well ask that question of humans as well. People smoke, drink, and eat because they either enjoy or are addicted to it. As we know, hobbits enjoyed smoking immensely, beer was better than water, and eating was a glorious thing to them. So, I would assume that if there were hobbits in the present day, they would continue with their habits, even if they knew it was bad for them.
Peace
Old 06-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #6
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

You all make it sound like druggies are all bad! I have a couple of friends who smoke pipes and overeat, exactly like Hobbits, and I trust them implicitly. They're two of my best friends in the world.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Oh man, i laughed myself silly yesterday when i was going over a map and there was a Buckland in western Queensland.
just the one? There are eight in England and I drove past one! But not through it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, I don't think they's shave, they'd be too busy drinking and smoking to bother. Smoking pipes isn't as bad for you as cigarettes though (I think) and that's most certainly what they'd smoke, being the traditional creatures they are.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
You all make it sound like druggies are all bad!
Pardon me, Finwe, I did not mean to make it sound as if I was condemning 'druggies', overeaters, or drinkers. The people themselves are not 'bad', in my opinion, it's just that some of the choices that they have made are not the wisest. I apologise if my post was taken the wrong way.
Peace
Old 06-22-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

Hobbits lived many years, older than any average human, and all of them that lived to be so old drank, smoked, and ate 6 meals a day, yet they lived longer than an average healthy human, so I think they still would drink, eat 6 meals a day, and smoke if they were here today... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] not unless middle-earth had some magic force thing making them live longer...

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Alatariel Telemnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:22 PM   #10
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hobbits MIGHT drink and smoke etc, but that's only because of the fact that they're hippies. Here's some other things they'd do:
-listen to HAIR (a sixties tribal american love-rock musical) records/cds CONTINUOUSLY (seriously, those songs are EEEEVILLLLL!)

-wear tye-dye

-have those weird colored sunglasses

-say 'peace, man' alot

-obsess over flowers and butterflies

-(THIS IS TRUE!!!!)Be obliviously happy all the time

-prance around in fields with field-type flowers