Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2002, 06:06 AM   #11
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Lindir dismounted from his horse, his eyes blank. Aduchil ran over to him, but he barely saw or heard the elf. Ala also saw them and wlaked sharply over. They bombarded him with questions, but he just looked at them, his face devoid of emotion.
"Shes dead." He interrupted Ala bluntly midsentence. She stared at him for a moment as if to see whether he was serious.
"What?!" Ala was angry now. He told them everything and as he did so he removed a blanket from the back off his horse. Underneath lay Amanaduial Mircorm, dead. Then he slipped something off his finger. He held it for a moment, feeling its smoothness and its power.
"I also found this." He held the Ring of Water up to the light. The elves gasped.
"Where did you find that Lindir?" Fea said breathlessly.
She was dead. Lindir stood, unsteady on his feet, his eyes blurred with tears. He looked from one witch to the other, and realised Thrakats face had softened. Underneath he saw the elf Aman had talked about, the one who had been happy and good. Now in death she had surfaced one last time.
He saw something glitter on her finger, as a flash of the oncoming sunrise caught it. Slowly he picked it up; a ring. The Ring Of Water, which all this had been fought for. Thrakats hand was on it, as if she was about to take it off and give it to someone. Someone she trusted and felt her almost equal in power. Aman.

Lindir snapped back to reality from the memory as Ala repeated Feas question.
"I...I..." He wanted to say how the elf had betrayed them, how evil she was, but he remembered her face, softened in death and made up his mind. "I found it on the ground. An orc must have dropped it. So careless..." He stopped, half turning away as a tear slipped down his cheek. He couldnt tell them the witch had had it. She was simply careless when it came down to it, like anyone else. Carless with life.