The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #41
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Care to explain? (Sally too, who seems to be sharing your feelings.)
Option 1: Pitch is being jumpy.
Option 2: Pitch is genuinely curious about being suspected by a couple of people on day 1.

The passive-aggressive phrasing makes me inclined towards option 1.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #42
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Careful, Kath, we only have one retractable vote for the whole game.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #43
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I thought I'd be back long before I actually made it back. Pity, that.

Okay, so we have a couple things to look at. Rikae is being... less talkative and more mysterious than usual, but then it's Rikae, so I don't know how much of that is readable. We have Pitch, who pinged my personal radar from the moment he said "havens forfend we do something like the Shasta lynch again!", but that's a Lottie reason so I'm going to need more to go on. And besides that, he's suspected by an awful lot of people so far, considering. From personal experience as a wolf I know that wolves don't need to do much to push a Day 1 bandwagon right into an innocent, but it's something to look at.

Mac and Kitanna both look good to me so far, as does Agan (as far as I can tell they've been the most logical and down to earth so far). No read on Sally, which frankly bothers me a bit.

I'll be back with more.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #44
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't really have suspicions at this point. Sally had that one post that caught my eye (in the painful, eye's-gone-now kind of way, not in the oh-that's-so-pretty kind of way), but other than that, not much. I can see where people are coming from about Pitchie, but I don't think I would have noticed it on my own, so I'm hesitant to point fingers at him. Mac's big post of postiness was unnerving, but the one game I played with him (at least, I think that's the only game) I thought the same think about innocent!Mac.

But I do have a lot of people who seem reasonably not-evil right now. Agan looks almost too good (I'm oh so used to suspecting her ). Kit looks really innocent so far - probably the most so - but I haven't played with her much, so I can't really be sure. Skip looks decent, in a not-ringing-any-alarms sort of way. Shasta seems rather innocent in a not-wolvish way.'
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #45
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So far those who've made some sort of initial impression as I've gone along and read...

Agan is being Agan. I thought since she has given me loads of insight into her wolvish mind (as I have given my wolvish insight to her before) maybe I'd be able to figure her intentions better. So far, this is to no avail, but if she had not thrown a random suspicion towards Lommy, and proceeded to make elaborate posts it would be a major shock. Doubt I'll ever be able to tell when Agan's what role, but as it is, she's popped into my head and thus will want to keep her around more.

Rikae for that "Mackie-pie," had me busting out laughing. I think we can solve the mystery of Rikae's role by simply asking her. Rikae-wolf?

Then I come to Mac, who I would be very very frightened of meeting again if I started calling Macki-pie, so I'm going to stick to Mac. However, can you define for me the significance of going into the drawer as opposed to up on the mantelpiece? A drawer suggests you are tucking these people away and leaving us there (what else are drawers good for, other than shoving in papers and folders when you're trying to quick clean up a room?).

Kath has made an appearance, she's really getting the hang of this whole remembering to appear Day 1, and as far as I know was not reminded day has started. (Makes me start thinking I should work on the "trying not to be the obsessive EVERYONE LOOK AT ME WEEEEE!" thing I said I would be working on. )

Pitch is an early name of who is suspicious being thrown around, I'm not seeing where the jumpiness is coming from? Looked like a random thing thrown out by Rikae and this prompts Pitch to ask for reasons. Suddenly this makes him jumpy?

Then Kitanna, Lottie, and Cailin all for mentioning me in some manner. When I revert to scanning mode, I scroll through pages to see where my name appears. So the easiest way to make an early impression/getting me to think about someone is to throw in a Boro somewhere. Doesn't have to make sense, could be like "I was thinking about wolves-strategy and...Boro looks sharp, and the wolves are going to try...wow I really like Boro's sweater-vest," and 90% chance I take notice.

Everyone else has not made an impression on me, or maybe you did and I'd already forgotten thinking about how studious and professional I'm looking at the moment.

Edit: Crossed with Lottie and Shasta
Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #46
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Option 1: Pitch is being jumpy.
Option 2: Pitch is genuinely curious about being suspected by a couple of people on day 1.
Pitch's reaction seemed more like option two. It wasn't all that jumpy, just perhaps mild annoyed curiosity. I think if we're to look at Pitch, let's look at his posts prior to asking Rikae and Sally to explain. To me he seems to be speaking a lot without saying anything. Like "here I am, being helpful, but I'm really being sneaky by making noise." I believe Lottie called him "polite" (if it was infact Lottie). I don't like this polite game, if that's the best way to put it.

I'm really interested in Rikae and Sally. They've jumped out to me like Pitch has. I'd like to see something substantial from Rikae before making further comment. But as far as Sally goes, there's something about her playing. I can't pinpoint what it is that makes me uneasy. Maybe it's her silence, which has been stated as a RL issue. I best ponder on this. I hope there's more activity before I go to bed because when I wake up I have time to skim and vote.

I'll defiantly post once more before bed and then my vote post.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #47
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So....hi guys!

So, time ends in one hour thirty minutes or by 10AM tomorrow? Sorry, I am still confused. And I am going by BD clock.

I suspect Ozban cause of this:

Quote:
Hey, I actually invented a way to lessen wolves chance of murdering one of gifteds, we can lynch one of them ourselves! Has anyone seen Shasta?
How would we murder a gifted when we don't know them (or did I miss something?)? And why do you want Shasta? Maybe 'cause I remember Shasta was a really good wolf one game past...

Also, I am not voting toNight because I am not going to be back on. (Maybe if the DL is at 10AM tomorrow morning I will, maybe)

e;x with everyone since post 43
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #48
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lots to digest, here. What are you people trying to do? And I can't even have a Guinness to help me make sense of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And as Lommy said the sooner we get a wolf, the better. If the seer dreams of one at an early stage (ie before we've lynched any), she should probably consider if it's worth coming out and getting rid of the double kills.
I believe I'd concur. We've seen recently that the trails of a dead Seer can be rather untrustworthy. They may clearly lead to a wolf, or, as has already been discussed, they can lead innocents quite astray, eh, Shasta and Pitch?
Also, an inventive Ranger can make things difficult for the wolves, even with the Seer revealed.

Quote:
Never fear, I fully intend to shine the lamp of reason on my fellow prisoners and seek to discriminate fair from foul. But this can only be done if everybody speaks up. As our first Day here has been preternaturally prolonged, we've got lots of time for discussion - let's not waste it with moping about the uselessness of Day One!
I'll probably be accused of latching onto the suspicion on Pitch, but he somewhat bothers me too. This feels a bit forced.

Quote:
To which I'd like to add, No BlindGuardianing either, please. She's been the default D1 lynch in her last two games, I'd be very wroth to see that repeated without very good reasons.
Now, I'd agree with this. She has a history of being lynched very early, and I can think of only one occasion where she was evil. I'd be inclined to at least let her make it through Day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If anyone has a dream (either dark or light, makes no difference to me) that needs interpretting, speak up. Dreams can reveal some of the darkest secrets and inner-most secrets.
I had a dream I was eating Frosted Mini Wheats, and when I woke up my pillow was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
On to more game-related stuff - knee jerk reaction to the posts so far gives me a good feeling about Boro and Pitchie and a not-quite-as-good feeling about Sally. The other people I didn't get much of an impression from. (Normal disclaimer follows; I do not claim that this is exactly right; I do not want everyone voting Sally in a bandwagon of Shastanic porportions the moment I leave; I hold no responsibility if this happens. )
Why would you assume people would jump on your vague suspicion, and feel the need to qualify your feelings?

Quote:
On the other hand, I see our Mod has seen fit to grant the cobbler a means to send secret messages to the wolves, so I don't know how much 'open' hinting we're going to see on the thread. Still worth keeping an eye open, to be sure.
Well, the Cobbler can send suggestions to the wolves regarding their kill, and over time they'll be able to narrow down the Cobbler that way. That's pretty time consuming, though, and the Cobbler doesn't want to be killed by them, so I'd think some hints would be likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Happy New Vailan Year to all of you!
Should Aulë-quaintance be forgot....

Quote:
Also, Cailín's vote isn't all that great, but it doesn't look particularly wolfy to me. I don't really see a wolf voting that way. I've never played with her, though, so I don't know what a Wolín looks like.
Could be a Cobbler-signal. Early, ill reasoned votes can well serve that purpose. Then again, she seems to be rather busy IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
The time is now... Whatever time it currently is!

Whew, there's a nice little intro. And hopefully, as town crier, I can shed light on the situation in the same manner as my brother tradesmen. Day1 is always confusing, so I suppose I'll do some statistics.

We have 19 villagers now,a cobbler, and four wolves. That means our percentage of catching a wolf is about 16%, and their percentage of a gifted toNight would be about 12, with a 4% chance of also catching their own cobbler.

So now we are at 19-5, if we count the cobbler with the wolves. If we kill a villager, it is 18-5, and 19-4 if we kill the cobbler or a wolf. But if we kill a wolf, after toNight's kills we'll be at 18-4 toMorrow, instead of 17-4. If we kill a villager, we'll be at 16-5 toMorrow. No good there.

Whew, I love math.
Thanks for the effort, but is odds-making necessary at this point? Just sayin'. Sorry, Sally. I forgot you had a ™ on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So this Day1 lasts for 36 hours.

It began on 10AM GMT/UTC (3AM EST)

and will end on 10PM GMT/UTC (3PM EST) tomorrow.
Herr Mod, shouldn't the EST time be 5PM? I think they're GMT-5.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-03-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: x/d with all since # 42
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #49
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
How would we murder a gifted when we don't know them (or did I miss something?)? And why do you want Shasta? Maybe 'cause I remember Shasta was a really good wolf one game past...
I believe that was a banter post. And he mentioned Shasta becase the last game he played in, we lynched Shasta-seer Day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Why would you assume people would jump on your vague suspicion, and feel the need to qualify your feelings?
It's happened before - I threw out vague suspicion of Shasta Day 1, and he was lynched near-unanimously. I assumed no one would jump on it then, and they did, so now I'm assuming they will and, hopefully, that'll mean that they won't.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #50
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
It's happened before - I threw out vague suspicion of Shasta Day 1, and he was lynched near-unanimously. I assumed no one would jump on it then, and they did, so now I'm assuming they will and, hopefully, that'll mean that they won't.
Well, baddies can latch onto any old bandwagon. What makes Lottie's so inviting?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Herr Mod, shouldn't the EST time be 5PM? I think they're GMT-5.
Achh... you're right... I was thinking it 7 hours from my time (which is correct).

Sorry. I'l correct my earlier "correction" concerning the EST.

The deadline is 10PM GMT/UTC - aka. 5PM EST.

Also to Blind Guardian: 19½ hours left of the day...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #52
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Well, baddies can latch onto any old bandwagon. What makes Lottie's so inviting?
It might be the complimentary rainbows and good interior lighting. I'll run a few surveys and get back to you on that.

EDIT: xed with the Mod-Dude
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #53
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
About all those cobbler-wolf hint... quest... thing.

In my experience, it's very unusual for wolves to hint to a suspected cobbler in a normal game, unless it's late in the game and every vote counts. In this game, the cobbler can communicate with the wolves to an extent - their connection is better than usual - and now they are suddenly certainly going to throw around hints? Possible, yes, since the temptation to use the cobbler strategically is there, but we have nearly zero chance to detect any hints now. Once a baddie is dead, we will certainly see clearer, but looking out now and possibly basing suspicions and cases on it, is almost certainly going to backfire.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #54
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
About all those cobbler-wolf hint... quest... thing.

In my experience, it's very unusual for wolves to hint to a suspected cobbler in a normal game, unless it's late in the game and every vote counts. In this game, the cobbler can communicate with the wolves to an extent - their connection is better than usual - and now they are suddenly certainly going to throw around hints? Possible, yes, since the temptation to use the cobbler strategically is there, but we have nearly zero chance to detect any hints now. Once a baddie is dead, we will certainly see clearer, but looking out now and possibly basing suspicions and cases on it, is almost certainly going to backfire.
I think hints are far more likely coming from the Cobbler to the wolves. The Cobbler doesn't mind getting lynched, really, and as you say, hinting on the part of the wolves is rather risky this early.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #55
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I'm not really so sure about the whole Pitchwife suspicion I'm seeing here. With unexplained Day1 suspicion, when nearly anything would suffice, it's perfectly reasonable for him to want some answers. So where does that put Rikae? She seems to know something we don't.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #56
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I had a dream I was eating Frosted Mini Wheats, and when I woke up my pillow was gone.
Were they evil frosted mini wheats, or ordinary, and do you even like frosted mini wheats?

As to your pillow being gone, have you found it? And if so, where? Sometimes I throw my pillows around in my sleep. If this is the case, than it would suggest you were battling some unknown force.

If it's the case that someone took your pillow, in your sleep, than the pillow being gone is irrelevant to the dream.

Quote:
I think hints are far more likely coming from the Cobbler to the wolves. The Cobbler doesn't mind getting lynched, really, and as you say, hinting on the part of the wolves is rather risky this early.
And we always forget the usual truth that gifteds walk the tight rope of sending cobbler hints so the wolves don't kill them, but not looking too cobblerish where they wind up getting lynched if no one has solid wolf suspects. It's a mighty fine tight-rope to walk.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #57
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Were they evil frosted mini wheats, or ordinary, and do you even like frosted mini wheats?

As to your pillow being gone, have you found it? And if so, where? Sometimes I throw my pillows around in my sleep. If this is the case, than it would suggest you were battling some unknown force.

If it's the case that someone took your pillow, in your sleep, than the pillow being gone is irrelevant to the dream.
Or maybe you ate your pillow while dreaming about eating frosted mini wheats?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #58
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
So where does that put Rikae? She seems to know something we don't.
If I did, it would behoove you as an innocent not to mention it.

But actually, I'm becoming relatively more OK with Pitchie and less so with Inzil and Lottie at the moment. It's all in the reactions...

Oh yeah, and: quite a lot of talk about how various roles are likely to behave for such a basic game, isn't there?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #59
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Or maybe you ate your pillow while dreaming about eating frosted mini wheats?
Such wisdom. A true gift, you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
If I did, it would behoove you as an innocent not to mention it.

But actually, I'm becoming relatively more OK with Pitchie and less so with Inzil and Lottie at the moment. It's all in the reactions...

Oh yeah, and: quite a lot of talk about how various roles are likely to behave for such a basic game, isn't there?
Now there's the Rikae we know and love.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #60
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Rikae, darling, I've missed you. <3

Thus, as a gesture of affection and joy at your return....

++Ri....

....ght then, I wish I could have gotten on more tonight, but it didn't work out. I'll do my best to run over the thread and put up some more reactions. If nothing else, I can at least pop in and vote. Hopefully I'll be back in the morning.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #61
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Exactly 12 hours to the deadline...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #62
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Should Aulë-quaintance be forgot....
...and Nessa brought to mind;

Inziladun gets free pass for today for making me laugh.

My major impression of the first part of today has been that no-one wants to stand out. Although Ozban looks as though he's a potential nutter. I'll give him a pass too.

Any one of you could be a wolf. Tomorrow will be more interesting. Be back to vote later, though also not for Cailin as that would be an awkward way to say hello after two months.

Ok, I at least have a mini-list of people not to vote for!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #63
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I meant to post again, but when I sat down to do so I had nothing new to say. But I have to go to work and I'll be there until the DL. Which means it's voe time.

++Pitch

I feel, though he's said a lot trying to look helpful, but hasn't really helped anything at all. Of course he still has 10ish hours to come back, but I don't. So going on what I have to work with now Pitch looks the most suspicious to me.

I don't have time to elaborate or dissect anyone else. Sorry.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #64
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I'll only be back briefly before the deadline, because I've got school slammed right into the middle. So hopefully my absence won't be misinterpreted, and there will be enough to read for a good vote.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #65
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Hey what's suspicious about that?
You're the first one to mention cobblers and wolves sending messages. The first point in your first post. And if you look closer at the actual statement, it doesn't even really make sense. I have you down as cobbler until I find someone better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Mac's big post of postiness was unnerving
Except that it wasn't even the longest one. Agan's just below it was a lot longer and several above were about the same length (with more text, though), so.. huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I think if we're to look at Pitch, let's look at his posts prior to asking Rikae and Sally to explain. To me he seems to be speaking a lot without saying anything. Like "here I am, being helpful, but I'm really being sneaky by making noise."
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Exactly. But evidence of the sort "A, who might be a cobbler, is sending suspicious messages to B, who A might think might be a wolf" is not solid. If A is dead and certified evil, then yes, but not now.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #66
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I believe that was a banter post. And he mentioned Shasta becase the last game he played in, we lynched Shasta-seer Day 1.
Exactly, I witnessed lynching Shasta-seer on day1 during my first game. It's quite memorable, not to mention how "thrilling" the game was after that.

I am concerned about Inzil, he's unreadable to me.

Boro amazes me, what a dream-teller.

One thing I can be sure of, I'm not voting Legate, I'm not willing to risk same banwagon I launched last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I feel, though he's said a lot trying to look helpful, but hasn't really helped anything at all. Of course he still has 10ish hours to come back, but I don't. So going on what I have to work with now Pitch looks the most suspicious to me.
I see more people as "unhelpful" as Pitch. Satan, Nessa I'd say. Way I see it He's just being himself.

I shall probably vote some low-profiler. There's hardly anything solid to latch onto.

Later...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #67
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for double-posting, this just stroke me as I reread the one before.

Quote:
I'm not really so sure about the whole Pitchwife suspicion I'm seeing here. With unexplained Day1 suspicion, when nearly anything would suffice, it's perfectly reasonable for him to want some answers. So where does that put Rikae? She seems to know something we don't.
Nessa, would you care to explain that post? Were you trying to suggest any powers, or even gift on Rikae's part? Why would you bring attention to someone whom you suspect to be the seer (that's how I understood your post) on Day1? Wouldn't that endanger the "possible-seer" ???
Way my reasoning goes that isn't something "good-guy" should do.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #68
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, so I am here like I promised... I won't have time to post anything anymore toDay, so here be a few quick comments and a vote after them.

From the louder people, or from the people who made some stronger impression on me:

I am not suspecting Agan - at least not because of what she said, as I believe what she said makes sense. And if she were a Wolf/Cobbler signaling to the Cobbler/Wolves, she would have actually given a more direct hint, I believe. But that is what she does not seem to do, in my opinion.

Her idea about the Seer revealing toDay if he/she has a known Wolf is actually a good one, as we would limit the kills to 1 and the Ranger could also protect the Seer at least for one more Day. However, it is rather late in the Day, so maybe it's a bit too late for that (and in any case, who knows if the Seer has dreamed about a Wolf anyway. It certainly does not make sense to reveal otherwise).

Nessa's math looks innocent, if you can say anything like that about math.

Mac looks sensible, if you can say anything like that about Mac.

Skip looks... interesting, but not really suspicious.

Inzil seems good to me, not as the last time when he was a Wolf. Oh, or the time before. Oh, or the time before. In fact, if he is the Wolf for something like the fourth time in a row (or almost in a row), I sincerely pity him (that's not to say that it's any less probable that he is one, but the point is, he just does not seem like one this time, or this far).

Not so much of Ozzy, but he is terribly funny. Not very much actually contributive, though. Still, nothing against him for the time being.

Pitchwife is posting, more like commenting, though it doesn't seem to be the 'I am also just Mr.Agreeable' attitude. I don't think at least, in contrary to some others who have said that, that he would do anything that smells of Wolf.

Speaking of him:
Quote:
True, although it's probably easier for them to blend in among a larger crowd. The question is, what conclusions should we draw from this once we manage to lynch our first wolf? Like, should we automatically rule out wolf-on-wolf votes? I don't think so - even if the wolves won't sacrifice one of them frivolously, they still may be forced to do so willy-nilly, e.g. if two of them are in danger at the same time.
Not that, I think, but the basic idea makes sense. Like, we should not rule w-on-w votes, quite the opposite, if there are millions of votes (in this huge village), one vote for a fellow Wolf will get lost, and not even threaten the fellow Wolf - basically what you said. But if we lynch a Wolf, then it would be sensible to assume that it was not the WW's doing to orchestrate the lynch on Day 1. At least, I never rule out any possibility, but at least such votes should be less suspicious than others.

Who seems the most curious to me right now is Lottie.

Because of her posts, namely those things:
Quote:
Agan calls certain roles 'she' habitually - the one that comes to mind is the cobbler. I haven't noticed her calling the seer 'she' before, but it seems like an Aganish sort of thing to do.
Now if we are speaking of Cobbler hints, THIS might be one. And...

Quote:
I don't really have suspicions at this point. Sally had that one post that caught my eye (in the painful, eye's-gone-now kind of way, not in the oh-that's-so-pretty kind of way), but other than that, not much. I can see where people are coming from about Pitchie, but I don't think I would have noticed it on my own, so I'm hesitant to point fingers at him. Mac's big post of postiness was unnerving, but the one game I played with him (at least, I think that's the only game) I thought the same think about innocent!Mac.

But I do have a lot of people who seem reasonably not-evil right now. Agan looks almost too good (I'm oh so used to suspecting her ). Kit looks really innocent so far - probably the most so - but I haven't played with her much, so I can't really be sure. Skip looks decent, in a not-ringing-any-alarms sort of way. Shasta seems rather innocent in a not-wolvish way.'
This was just a very well possibly Wolfy post. I mean, the sort of quiet raising of suspicion, putting in a few names and then saying you don't actually suspect them, but if any people follow your opinion, then you join the bandwaggon and point at that 'I have been saying that I suspect them all along'.

Therefore, since I have to vote

++Loslote

But okay, that's it from me, people - hope to meet you all toMorrow, then I should have far more time than toDay I had.

Edit: xed with Ozzy, whose timezone I will share in several hours...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #69
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Looked like a random thing thrown out by Rikae and this prompts Pitch to ask for reasons. Suddenly this makes him jumpy?
I only started to pay attention to the post when Rikae quoted it. Alone, I think it looked somewhat jumpy in the sense that it seemed very carefully phrased.

I find Boro deeply amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Maybe it's her silence, which has been stated as a RL issue.
A silent sally is never up to anything good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
How would we murder a gifted when we don't know them (or did I miss something?)?
We wait for them to reveal and then lynch them.

Quote:
And I can't even have a Guinness to help me make sense of things.
Is this because you're at work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
looking out now and possibly basing suspicions and cases on it, is almost certainly going to backfire.
You're twisting my words. I never said I'd base suspicions and cases on it, what I mean is that we should make it as difficult for them as possible. They are free to do whatever they wish if we sit back and think "la la la they're not going to hint anyway!" Keep an eye out for things that seem strange.

Quote:
hinting on the part of the wolves is rather risky this early.
No it isn't. They have more information than we do.

I am aware I might be giving the baddies ideas. But if they haven't actually thought of this themselves before this, I dare guess they shouldn't be too difficult to catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
gifteds walk the tight rope of sending cobbler hints so the wolves don't kill them, but not looking too cobblerish where they wind up getting lynched
There are also ordos who try to help the gifteds and give trouble to the baddies by looking cobblerish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
You're the first one to mention cobblers and wolves sending messages. The first point in your first post. And if you look closer at the actual statement, it doesn't even really make sense. I have you down as cobbler until I find someone better.
And? What's bad about that? If I have a point to make, why wait till post three? And what do you mean it doesn't make sense?

I don't like Mac.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-04-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: xed with Ozban & Leggy
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #70
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
And if she were a Wolf/Cobbler signaling to the Cobbler/Wolves, she would have actually given a more direct hint, I believe.
She couldn't be more obvious and she didn't have to be. The more direct hint won't come in bright daylight. She only needs to make sure the wolves won't misunderstand.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #71
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Right, well, I had been content to sit and watch everyone else debate and glean what I could (mostly because I'm no good at thinking strategically at all), but I should probably say a brief piece before DL.

Mac and Boro have amused me greatly. In an unrelated item, they also make the most sense to me. I can't pinpoint why, but there doesn't seem anything particularly wolfish about them.

I agree with Legate's point about Inzil not coming across as suspiciously as last time.

So. Not voting any of those four. Yet.

Pitch seems shady, for reasons others have mentioned. If it was just "Hey, wait, why me?", then I wouldn't be so worried, but it's been "Hey, wait, why me? Also, here's a lot of words to make me seem like I'm contributing."

Agan doesn't look too bad to me, maybe a little shifty, but I'll have to go back and read through things again. I'll do the same with Lottie, since I'm not entirely sure where Legate's vote came from...

Right, that's it from me for now. I'll be back briefly before DL to vote, but likely not much more; I have to do rather a lot of driving today.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #72
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I meant to post again, but when I sat down to do so I had nothing new to say. But I have to go to work and I'll be there until the DL. Which means it's voe time.

++Pitch

I don't have time to elaborate or dissect anyone else. Sorry.
Pitch, eh? I'm not totally comfortable with him meself, and Kit's earlier comments on Pitch are fairly consistent, but this somehow feels like an easy vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozban View Post
I see more people as "unhelpful" as Pitch. Satan, Nessa I'd say. Way I see it He's just being himself.
Satan? Always unhelpful. *nods gravely*
Round here we call that wily girl "Sally".

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-04-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: x/d with LRH
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #73
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Alors, my friends, I am here at last. I was relieved when I found only two pages waiting for me (instead of, like, five or six, given the length of the Day and the number of villagers).

Quote:
You can blame me for that because it was originally my suggestion. I semi-regret it now, just like I regret opposing Lommy who said the ranger should get two saves as long as the wolves get two kills (this took place somewhere else than the admin thread).
However I'm pretty sure we are going to see hinting. I've done it before and the village didn't pay any attention to me, and at least I intend not to be so careless. It's an entirely different matter how easy it is to spot, but however careful they are, in the long run we should be able to see connections.
This passage looks fishy to me. What's the function of the first paragraph, other than underlining her own innocence? The second is screaming "Hello wolves I'm hinting to you!"

Quote:
I have nothing against voting for a quiet player today if I don't have a better idea, just because I dislike both quiet wolves, gifteds and ordos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan, later on in the same post
(one of my favourite wolf strategies is to give the villagers a false sense of security by being strongly yet discreetly of the opinion we can check out yet another quiet/enigmatic person, and another, and another, until it's too late)
Any comments?

Then about the whole Pitch affair. I think he looks more or less like he always does. But then, Nessa's defence of him looks pretty odd too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
This makes me feel slightly better about Rikae. A wolf might not have wanted to back away from such a promising suspicion, unless she thought her work was already done and wanted to wash her hands, or unless the two are fellows. Gah.

I might have to resort to making a list at some point, the village is so huge that I'm having trouble remembering who are playing and what they have said.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #74
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Her idea about the Seer revealing toDay if he/she has a known Wolf is actually a good one, as we would limit the kills to 1 and the Ranger could also protect the Seer at least for one more Day.
I didn't say that! I never said anything about today. And I didn't say the seer should reveal but that she should keep in mind how many people die a night, and consider an early reveal if she deems it necessary.

INNOCENT
Inzil. Now, I know he's a very twisted person who has a tendency to feel bad when he's good and good when he's bad, but I like him at the moment.
Kit. Looks reasonable and I want to keep her around for longer.
Rikae. I want to keep her around for longer even if she's being enigmatic.
Cailín. I want to keep her around for longer.
Ozban. I've never played with him before plus he looks good enough so I don't think I'll vote for him.
Shasta. Seems okay.

GUILTY
Mac. Twisting my words and arguing against obvious stuff, plus his categorisation of people seems entirely arbitrary and he never bothered to explain it. I'm aware Mac and I don't always see eye to eye in werewolf, but I'd have nothing against lynching him today.
skip. Wants to vote for a quiet player (good), but if people like the idea the wolves may escape by posting more. Isn't that the point of it, so why does he put it negatively? A loud wolf is often easier to catch than a quiet, and nobody wants to lose to a one-liner/day wolf.
sally. Quiet.
Pitch. Wants to draw conclusions from the fact that the wolves probably want to keep their number intact as long as possible. Okay I'm not seriously suspecting him though.
Kath. Remembered day 1, ie. she's up to something.
Legate. Silly in the Legate way.
Boro. Doesn't strike me as particularly innocent (even if he doesn't feel exactly guilty either) and I will keep an eye on him just to be on the safe side.

I might vote for someone on the Guilty list, or then a quiet player. However now I need to go do the dishes, otherwise Lommy won't feed me tonight.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-04-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: xed with Green
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #75
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
This passage looks fishy to me. What's the function of the first paragraph, other than underlining her own innocence? The second is screaming "Hello wolves I'm hinting to you!"
When I wrote it, my main feeling was annoyance over not being a baddie because this is exactly the kind of game I'd love to be one in. I was aware of my irritation, but not of the fact that I was underlining my innocence until you mentioned it.

And hello wolves I'm hinting to you!

Quote:
Any comments?
Yes. It's only on the later stages that we can't really afford to lynch the quiet/not contributing players.

Zut alors with you, poisson, I had missed playing with you too. <3
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #76
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm still liking Mac, but I think he might be making altogether too big a deal about Agan's post. It makes sense to me (but that might just be because I was just a wolf with her and know how she thinks ).

On the other hand, Legate I think I'm good with because of his last post. There were several things about Lottie I wasn't really liking, but was hard-pressed to actually put those things into words. Legate managed quite nicely. When does Lottie "not really have suspicions"? Lottie always suspects someone. It bothers me that she apparently doesn't right now.

As of right now I'll probably be voting for Lottie, but I'll be around, off and on, until deadline.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #77
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Alrighty, I'm here. I meant to come on yesterday but a co-worker had a family emergency (everything is fine now, thank goodness) so I had to fill in her shift short notice. But I should be around quite consistently for the next few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I have to agree, when I was reading through I was really surprised, I mean I know there isn't much more to talk about on Day 1, but still. We've all played before, we know how everything works, it's not like there's some new dynamic we have to worry about (maybe the double kills, but that discussion ends at "let's get a wolfie asap", which is nothing new really). The Seer can reveal when they feel like it, most of us have working brains, so I'm sure they don't need our advice. And the Cobbler very well may leave hints, but we're not trying to get rid of the Cobbler right now, we're trying to get rid of wolves, so lets focus on that for the moment, shall we? Any speculation right now about the Cobbler could leave us on a false trail super easily, and talking about the Seer too much can draw attention to the Seer.

So moving on...

I refuse to jump on the Pitch wagon. Just the fact that so many people find him guilty makes me think him innocent, because it's Day 1 and bandwaggons rarely ever end well on Day 1. So I'm not even remotely considering voting him (toDay) unless something obvious happens.

Now how do I feel about others (this is mostly a vibe thing, I'm starving so I'll come back after lunch to look more closely). Well Cupcake and Pop seem too....normal? Those lovely girls are usually a bit, stranger, and more...exuberant. But I guess that's not really a good reason to suspect them. Rikae and Mac seem like themselves, I know Rikae is usually louder, but the quiet and mysterious thing isn't unlike her either. Boro isn't trying to do some weird psychological experiment on us, and hasn't stirred up any controversy, which is weird. I was just recently wolves with Legate and Inzil, and neither of them are acting the way they did in that game, so that's a good sign for them. Skip and Shasta seem logical. Agan, uhm, I don't know, it's too obvious for her to be the Cobbler, but then again that could be her whole plan, so I don't know. I'm forgetting people....

I really need to eat something, and then I'll come back to look more closely at everyone.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #78
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Except that it wasn't even the longest one. Agan's just below it was a lot longer and several above were about the same length (with more text, though), so.. huh?
Compared to the rest of your posts, it was the big one. I was specifying which post of yours unnerved me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
When does Lottie "not really have suspicions"? Lottie always suspects someone. It bothers me that she apparently doesn't right now.
Not always. Usually, yes, but it's happened before that I simply haven't suspected anyone enough to warrant a vote. Believe me, I'm just as bothered by it as you are.

I probably won't be on again until a couple of hours before DL, but I do intend to come back and vote.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #79
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A silent Sally is never up to anything good? More like never up to anyrthing?

No one is seriously believing Agan, are they? I'd mentioned before the game even started that I have no proper webs, yet she's attacking me for being quiet. Quite ridiculous.

I've got some free time so I'll do my best to make a "proper" post while I have time. It may a bit though, so thanks in advance for being patient.

Edit: x'd since Agan-ish

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-04-2011 at 10:52 AM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #80
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'll clarify a bit. Pitch still makes me uneasy in his own right, but the willingness of others to jump on what looked like a Pitch-wagon in the making tends to put him in a more innocent light.

It is true that Inzil and Lottie have a tendency to always look guilty to me.

Agan clearly would have realized her behavior would look cobblerish and must be doing it deliberately, which tells us nothing. She could do that with absolutely any role.

Wilwa's seeming desire to admonish the village (yes, based on something I said, but I didn't say much) and wash her hands of the Pitch-wagon both strike me as evil attempts at being involved and positioning oneself in an innocentish way without actually having to go out on a limb.