The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mandos Thread: DEAD ONLY! - WW LXXXVI

Welcome to the halls of Mandos.

If you are alive, turn back now. Reading further constitutes cheating.

If you are dead, scroll down.

So, you're dead. Hey, it's not so bad.

Dead players may read this entire thread (as well as continuing to read the main game thread) and may post here Day or Night. By Day, you may vote for a living player to be given a double vote in that Day's lynch. The living player chosen will not know that xe has this power.

Every Night (beginning when there are at least 3 dead), you can vote for one dead player, and I will reveal whether that player is a wolf or not (cobblers and gifteds will show as simply "innocent").

Participation in the Mandos thread is optional. No modfire is awaiting anyone.

Deadline is still 11 pm EST. Tied votes will now be decided by a coin toss.

Seriously, if you aren't dead, stop reading now. Winning a game unfairly is no win at all.
I know where you live.

The Dead:

*your name here*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Cold are the Halls of the Dead, cold and empty, and of inconceivable vastness. In these years of peace, not many an Elf comes to this place, and the ones who have been here before have either left to walk the shores of the Undying Lands... or have grown quiet, and withdrawn. This was the place Rikae and Mac came to just one night ago, but they were now hiding, in shame over their inadequate guard, and would not talk to anyone*.

Now Mänwe came to stay in Mandos' halls as well, and the Vala spoke to him:

"O Mänwe of the People of the Noldor. You, that you have once in foolishness turned your backs to the Powers of the West, her now my words. I know of the struggles that you and your party have been put to, and I vow to aid you in your hardship. Sad it has to be, and disheartening, to be lynched by your own kind, and to be suspected of such monstrosities. You, and those of your brethren that are sure to follow you, will be given might to affect the world of the living - a gift I have not yet awarded to any of your kind. Maybe, if one of you will move my heart, be it by valor or by love, will be given the opportunity to return to the living, but that will yet remain to be seen.

"For now, rest, o Noldo, and let the weariness of life and travail leave your spirit. Soon the time will come for you again have influence on those who took your body from you so wrongfully."

*~*

Dead players

Rikae and Mac - killed (and self-silenced) during Night1 - Mods
Mänwe - lynched on Day1

Once at least three (proper) people are dead, you will be able to vote for one fellow dead player at Night and learn whether s/he is a wolf or not. Even though you don't have anything to do yet except to wait for Day and company, the thread is all yours!

*(we were very tempted to let ourselves run free in the dead thread, but decided not to)

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-26-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Sup Mandos Got a spare chair..?

- oh come on Mac, Rikae I say let yourself run free...it'll only disturb those of the living and that's what "ghosts" do best!

Otherwise i'll have to set a record for the most consecutive posts or does Mandos have rules about that sort of thing here?

N.B. Fools
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 01-27-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
If we post, though, how will we explain our total lack of knowledge? Only one of us is American, so that won't work.

As for rules, the only one I can think of is: all dead must make at least sixteen posts per Day and Night or be killed.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Haha! I like that one.

As for you posting..doesn't have to be WW related to this current game does it? I mean..you both could still have a lot to say as dead useless guards.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

You have company...

The living:

Nogrod
Aganzir
Glirdan
A Little Green
elronds_daughter
Nerwen
Loslote
Wilwa
Legate
Lommy

Nessa
Blind Guardian
satansaloser2005
the phantom
Boromir88
Mithalwen
Anguirel
Fea

The dead:
Macalaure
Rikae
Mänwe
Shasta

Day 2 has begun! Dead people, you can assign the day's double vote.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I kind of saw this coming, to be honest, but I'm infuriated nonetheless.

Hi, Manwe. I'll be going back to the land of the living in a little bit, anything you care to tell me?

Edit: Crossed with Rikae. Well, my vote is obvious, but I'm holding it for a moment - are these votes retractable at all, or not?

I mean, I'll obviously be voting for Agan, but I'm a little confused on when I'll be going back and if her having the double vote is likely to get her killed by the wolves. Of course, if she reveals like she planned to then that should be obvious, in which case it won't matter, but still.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Also I would like, very much, for them to lynch Nog today. Agan thinks he's a baddie as much as I do, but if she doesn't vote for him then I may vote to double the vote of someone that has.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #9
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Or, I wonder if Glirdan set me up? That wouldn't surprise me, given that post of his - "oh I've seen Shasta act like this before and that time he was the Seer" - he's another I wouldn't mind seeing get the axe. Jerk.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

But hey, when there's no one to hear you scream (except other ghosts) then you can be as loud as you want to!

Where is everyone? I'm lonely and want to discuss... things.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I originally wanted to make the votes retractable, but forgot to mention it, and now I don't think it would be fair to change it a Day in, so: no retractions.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I originally wanted to make the votes retractable, but forgot to mention it, and now I don't think it would be fair to change it a Day in, so: no retractions.
Well, this is still the first time there'd be any voting in the dead thread, but I can see how not having stated in the rules you might be leery of putting that in after the fact. Okay.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

True, but in that case I should probably change it for the living, too.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
True, but in that case I should probably change it for the living, too.
I don't think it would make much difference if the dead votes were retractable and the living votes weren't - the living votes are much more important, after all. But I'm cool with them being nonretractable too.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #15
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh, Phantom. Of course you're going to try and head off a Nogwagon before it starts - he was your strongest supporter yesterday. You're doing nothing but making sure your own tail is safe by defending Nog. I hope people can see that.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #16
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Not for want of drudging up the topic but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Whatever... I am so remembering why I haven't played for so long.
I've noticed a distinct difference in atmosphere from the last game in some quarters..I hope it doesn't engulf the campsite.

~~

Ah Shasta, welcome, so i'll have company for today only..does that mean I speak with a lover or the great Glorf I wonder, well time will tell. Still you'll be back again shortly if you speak amongst the living...I wonder oh mod-Valar, will [B]Shasta[/B ]when returned to the living have to post and vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Of course you're going to try and head off a Nogwagon before it starts...You're doing nothing but making sure your own tail is safe by defending Nog. I hope people can see that.
It does look a little like that. But wouldn't it have been safer to wait for someone else to post first, deriding the Nogwagon as would surely happen, before doing so himself?

Quote:
Hi, Manwe. I'll be going back to the land of the living in a little bit, anything you care to tell me?
{my bold}

Not much apart from i've no gift, no evil and will remain in these halls. Lommy being questioned about a vote so early and for me is fine, if I were Lommy (or anyone else) I would have targeted a Mänwe too; two wolves played a quiet game last time and i've always stressed the need to try a lynching of a quiet player on the off (a shame on this occasion they're wrong again and this might benefit evil as folk may skip voting quiet players for a few days). Plus, at the moment she's playing like she did last game and she was an innocent, so it might be worth watching how people develop any case against her today.

Your issues with Nog well..his behaviour is a little suspect, trying to ellicit discord and temper in the camp wouldn't help (if he were an ordo)..and theres his reply to your reaction where he didn't attempt to diffuse the situation. He calls out that reaction, during a post where he voted for you..and this came after you voted for him so his own reaction makes him more suspect, especially as he goes on to vote for you.

and phantom i'm inclined to think ordo or phobbler.

Can't add anything about others just yet.

Last edited by Mänwe; 01-28-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: spacing
Old 01-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #17
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

When someone returns from the dead it is mentioned in the narration, and they are again subject to the same modfire rules as the rest of the living.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #18
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rule clarification:

the dead thread is to the living as PM's are to normal game threads: returning dead can paraphrase, but not directly quote, dead-thread posts.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #19
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ah, so I will be seeing you again Shasta (if you do infact return)...you posting again will be like sitting on a silver platter with an apple in your mouth

edit: x'ed- thanks for the clarification!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #20
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone seems still (understandably) very much focused on Nog and phantom and there hasn't been as much fallout for Lommy as I thought there would. Will be back later with some more comments.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, then, at least you weren't the Seer, then. Oh, and I'm Luthien, of course.

And since Beren has revealed himself...

++Aganzir

Rikae, assuming Agan lives through the night, will I be in the dead thread long enough to see whether the person lynched toDay is a wolf or innocent, assuming Manwe and I both vote him/her?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #22
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Also, I'm almost past the point of caring, but Nog tends to bash me after I'm dead in many games I'm in with him. It's just too bad for him that I'm going to be coming back to defend myself - he doesn't do so hot when people are actually alive to defend themselves, now does he?

Of course, I still hope he gets lynched today. Then I won't have to bother.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #23
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh, and re: Nerwen/Ang/Phantom - I'm just a naturally talkative ghost.

I do think Lommy has an interesting point, though - although the scenario in which I was killed because I was flirting with Nerwen would require the wolves to be Elra/Mith/Ang, virtually, as basically everyone else knows I'm Nerwen's lord and she is my lady.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

To clarify - Nog thinks I 'messed it up' and got myself killed by daring to call him out on his insults.

But I'll stop. Focusing on that is not productive.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #25
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh, and - after this, four more posts to go for my 16-posts-per-day-and-night quota.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #26
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And another thing. Lommy's bit of "oh the fact that Shasta was a Lover makes me suspect Nog less" seems to me a bit forced. I'm not following her logic at all there, and yes, I know she 'explained' it later, but I'm still not. It doesn't make sense to me, because like Phantom said, there was no reason for me to be hinting (and I wasn't) so why would the wolves even be looking for such things?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I almost feel bad for the next person to die, forced to read all my ramblings... but dangit, I'm dead early on and I'm going to ramble!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Nogrod is either bad or an idiot, and since I don't (necessarily) think he's an idiot, he's got to be bad. That's really all there is to it. Do you see what he's doing, alive people? Do you see?!

Plus he called me stupid. He deserves to die for that alone. But, sadly, it's kind of what I look for nowadays, like a rule of werewolf - if I'm dead and Nog is alive, he's going to bash me. That's basically how games go.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #29
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'll make a list of what I think soonish. Manwe, anything you can contribute that I can take back with me could help. Might as well be worth something.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #30
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Clarification:
Anyone returning from the dead at the end of a given Night can read the dead thread narration posted at the Night's end, which will include the information on the chosen person's role, but nothing after this post (until xe dies again).
Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #31
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Clarification:
Anyone returning from the dead at the end of a given Night can read the dead thread narration posted at the Night's end, which will include the information on the chosen person's role, but nothing after this post (until xe dies again).
Hooray! Thanks Rikae.

Hey, do you want to play chess or something? I'm sure we can find a chess set somewhere in Mandos.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Nog is deflecting by yelling at people for supposedly viewing the dead thread. I mean, I wouldn't put it past people just to click on it and leave, to get rid of the fact that it's bolded whenever there's a new post in it. And besides I'm sure I'm generating plenty of views myself.

In other news, Phantom looks to me like... hmm. I honestly think he looks more like a wolf than a cobbler, with regards to Nogrod and how he's slowly acqueiscing to a Nog lynch, but hopes to save him through sheer force of personality and reputation.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #33
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm not sure I follow why you've voted for and extra vote for Aganzir...she'll die regardless of what happens vote wise. Or is that just it...at this early stage of the game the other innocents will vote for Aganzir because they know its a safe vote as opposed to attempting a wolf lynch?

But in effect that just gives the wolves another "night off" as it were, they'll have no fear of being targeted. Would it not be more prudent to continue to follow your suspicions on other players and vote for them instead. e.g. Nog, ensuring he is lynched as you seem to want it to happen.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #34
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

As for something to take back to the land of the living- i'll direct you back to my earlier more substantial post. Lommy, Nog, Phantom, Greenie are ones of particular interest to me.

An additional note- Legate has repeatedly emphasised that I am an easy lych, an often used scapegoat (page 6 through 7- between him and Anguirel). Apart from agreeing with him (), (and maybe i'm wrong because it seems so bluntly put) it seems as if he's trying to say something more about me..I don't know..like he knows im innocent because he's dreamed about me perhaps?

N.B. it's really trying to engulf the camp

Last edited by Mänwe; 01-28-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #35
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Manwe, do you understand the purpose of our voting? We're voting for one of the living. The living person we vote for will have an extra vote. So, therefore, we want to vote for someone we think is innocent. That's why I voted for Agan - so that her vote for Nog will count twice.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #36
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh good lord, I completely misread that rule then. I believed we were voting for..well you know..anyway I was wrong.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #37
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post
Oh good lord, I completely misread that rule then. I believed we were voting for..well you know..anyway I was wrong.
So if you feel like Nog is one to watch for, you might as well just vote for Agan, who's cleared and voting Nog.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #38
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And I do hope no one uses the reasoning, like Legate's, of "I think Nog is a cobbler, it's better to have him around here" - that doesn't make any sense at all. Put him in Mandos, where he can do less harm (even if I don't particularly want to have to talk to him myself).
Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #39
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
So if you feel like Nog is one to watch for, you might as well just vote for Agan, who's cleared and voting Nog.
Haha, quite.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #40
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Kill 'em all and let mod sort 'em out.

You know -
I'm going to exercise my divine right as a mod to be capricious and give the dead

1 retractable vote each per Day (or Night)

because retractable votes are cool.

(Man, I'm really enjoying watching the living speculate about this thread - interesting psychological experiment, just as I'd hoped. The attitude of "well, there's an afterlife, so it doesn't matter if I die or who I kill" is funny, too, in a somewhat disturbing way...)