The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #201
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quick thought before I run off again: maybe we should all vote the same as Sally, just to be sure we don't lynch the Ranger?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #202
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Quick thought before I run off again: maybe we should all vote the same as Sally, just to be sure we don't lynch the Ranger?
What if everyone can't around wait to see Sally's vote before they have to go for the rest of the Day? Two have already voted.
Also, she can steer us away from the Ranger, but she apparently can't lead us to a wolf at the moment. I don't want to lynch the Ranger, but I don't want an ordo either.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #203
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
That's what I meant. I didn't want to vote for him. I honestly was surprised by the deadline, flustered from a long day of work and voted for the first person who I could think of. Which was Shasta. That's why I wanted to retract. It was a horrible split second decision that I didn't want to stick with after I learned it wasn't deadline. I didn't like it when I did it, I wanted to take it back.

Yes of course, I was entirely thinking of bandwagon at that point. No, first name in my head. That's all. All that registared to me from Izzy's post was "deadline in five minutes".

Why? Why does that make him better? Wolves vote wolves. Its a strategy. By thinking one packmate wouldn't throw another under the bus is close minded and like a newbie wolf.

The fact that you, Lottie, have been arguing with Alona and still consider her innocent is interesting. In fact, its almost like a defense. "We were arguing but I thought her innocent so if she's Night killed clearly it wasn't me."

As for knowing who was the attempted Night kill I want to hear back from Gwath. Yes, it was Sally's character, but does that really mean she was the Night kill or was Gwath using the name for narration.
I haven't read past this point, responding as I go.

Yes, I know wolves vote wolves, but they're not going to pluck a fellow wolf's name from a list of six or so names to kill when your vote is probably going to be the deciding vote. You'd vote an ordo. As far as I know, or think common sensical, wolves would not vote a fellow if said fellow wasn't already under suspicion by others. Izzy's vote wasnt' even out of much suspicion. He would have been fine toDay.

I didn't consider it arguing. More like debating. Besides, I don't like players who are too nice. The fact that alona disagreed with me and said so made her look more innocent to me.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #204
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, Sally dreamed of the ranger? I missed that. Well, I'll still wait until she comes back to cast my vote.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #205
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
All right, so I'm going to be going and not here for deadline. According to Alona, she will be back in about an hour and a half.

I honestly have no read on too many people in this game. The only one who I feel like I could vote for is Lottie. I didn't like her attack from earlier toDay and she is just rubbing me the wrong. I don't feel comfortable really voting for anyone else.

So

++Lottie
1. What does Alona returning have to do with your being here for dl?

2. Well, obviously I'm not ecstatic about that, but because of my "don't vote people who vote you" tradition...meh. I may break that. Lari looks pretty bad to me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Oh, Sally dreamed of the ranger? I missed that. Well, I'll still wait until she comes back to cast my vote.
1. Good job, Seer!Sally!

2. I'll be waiting, too. I have time, and I definitely don't want to lynch the ranger.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #206
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I don't want to lynch the Ranger, but I don't want an ordo either.
No, a wolf is obviously the objective, but an ord is better then the Ranger, especially when we need them toNight to make sure Sally gets another dream.

I can stay up fairly late so I'm waiting for Sally. I think anyone who is able to wait should as well. I mean yesterDay we lynched our Hunter, so it's not impossible that we could accidently lynch the Ranger as well. I think we should play it extra safe toDay, to guarantee getting that dream.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #207
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
1. What does Alona returning have to do with your being here for dl?
Lari and Alona know each other in RL, I think Lari was just letting us know when Alona would be coming back.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #208
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lari and Alona know each other in RL, I think Lari was just letting us know when Alona would be coming back.
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #209
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!
No problem.

Usually I don't have enough time for WW, now I have too much. I'm kinda bored. I desperately want something exciting to happen.

No one wants to counter-reveal Sally? Or vote for themselves? Or come back from the dead? Or even better, admit their wolfyness?

Nothing?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #210
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

One more thing:

Fea's current sig is funny considering this game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea's Sig
And when the night is cloudy / We will lie awake and think of you / Next time there are Lovers / Lynch them all - Zil

*shuts up and goes to find something else to occupy her time*
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #211
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, Wilwa, I'm a wolf. Lynch me.

I think I say that in every game. That has to be some kind of record.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #212
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm not here, and I'm not reading the thread. Nor am I composing a post while I am not reading the thread.

xD
Old 01-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #213
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Ok, Wilwa, I'm a wolf. Lynch me.
Omigosh I am too! What a crazy coincidence!

Yep....still don't have a life yet...no worries, I'm still searching around....
Old 01-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #214
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Haven't people said similar things in other games?
Such as "x is good to have on y side, because they post a lot." or "x is bad to have on y side, if I'm on z side - because they figure me out so easily."

I do see the explaining part. She seems to be having to clarify, or elaborate on things a lot.

A flaw I see on that plan Wilwa is that it won't give us much information to go on toMorrow. If the person picked by Sally is not a wolf, then I imagine the wolves will have no problem in going along with it. I imagine they probably won't have much problem with it, even if it is a wolf - so they could try and blend in with the crowd.

Lynching a wolf is priority. If we can't get one, an ordo is better than a gifted.

I got halfway through a list, and it was mostly "no reads."
So I started over with just a placement on a scale from innocent -> woof woof. Then I started a list again, because I had comments too.

Nog - I'd put him in the middle. I can't get a good read on him, probably due to his busy schedule.

Inziluadun - He seems like a lurker to me. He hasn't gone after me, so I can't help but think he isn't a wolf. Since the last time I think I played with him, he was a wolf - and went after me.

Shasta - Search party? Where's Waldo, but with a turquoise hat and shirt.

Rikae - Same as Nog pretty much. The middle.

alonariel - She flip-flopped earlier in terms of the Sally being cleared and the narration. I don't buy her explanation for it. But as I'm not in her head, nor know her circumstances, I can't push her towards the lupinity group because of it.

Sally - She is Sally... and I can't help but be disappointed that her reveal seemed to be less dramatic than usual. Most reveals are met with a dramatic pause.. or something.

Loslote - I keep wanting to type Lostlote, and I get her, Wilwarin, and alonariel mixed up. She is kind of chafing me, but I think that is just her approach to finding wolves?

Wilwarin - I'm still confused on the whole Shasta deal.

Lariren - She is playing.

So If I had to vote right now. I'd probably vote for Wilwa, Loslote or maybe alonariel. I think my thoughts are muddled on the three, since I keep getting them mixed up.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #215
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
But anyway, can you at least give us another innocent, Sally? Assuming you really are the Seer?
Interesting. Still not admitting that she is, thus leaving the possibility for doubt open.

Quote:
Inzil: PM partner, nothing jumping out.

~~~

Alona: Her arguing with Lottie is a lot like innocent Alona getting annoyed. I'm leaning towards not guilty.

~~~

Lottie: I honestly don't like her logic at all. Most of it is flimsy. I have a really bad feeling about her. It kind of seems like she's a wolf with nothing to do and trying to make sense of it.
1. She refers to Zil as her pm partner. This could easily be her trying to hint that that's all, they're not packmates, just pm pals.

2. If Lari's a wolf, Alona would be a good one to look closely at.

3. "and trying to make sense of it"? What I'm trying to make sense of right now is that post...

Quote:
Loslote still gives me a bad feeling. She's more aggressive and not as logical as I'd expect, and toDay hasn't done much to alleviate that.
Since when have I been logical? You've suspected me for lack of logic before, and I was innocent. And I'm always aggressive. It's fun.

EDIT: xed with Izzy
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #216
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

Wilwarin - I'm still confused on the whole Shasta deal.
Hmm???

Quote:
Interesting. Still not admitting that she is, thus leaving the possibility for doubt open.
This statement doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying Sally hasn't admitted that she is the Seer, cause I think she has quite clearly? I must be misunderstanding you somehow...
Old 01-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #217
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
This statement doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying Sally hasn't admitted that she is the Seer, cause I think she has quite clearly? I must be misunderstanding you somehow...
Actually, I was saying that Zil still wasn't admitting it. Later he does, though, so never mind about that one.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #218
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wilwa..
in #160 you said

"Shasta: makes me a bit uneasy, it seems like a Sally kill could have been an obvious attempt to set him up, and so I see it as possible that he was trying to set himself up to look good (I know that's a big stretch, I won't base a vote purely on that). And him not liking Alona revealing thier Loverness is kinda odd, since it isn't really that big a deal at this point. "

I believe you have made reference to it in other posts.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #219
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Actually, I was saying that Zil still wasn't admitting it. Later he does, though, so never mind about that one.
Misrepresenting me again?
I think it's very likely Sally is the actual Seer, but it's hardly proven, is it?
You have a point that I have suspected you before as an innocent, but the alarm bells sound louder to me this go-around.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #220
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Is dl in 22 minutes? I don't want another "oops, wrong dl" confusion...

EDIT: xed with Zil
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #221
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Is dl in 22 minutes? I don't want another "oops, wrong dl" confusion...

EDIT: xed with Zil
I believe it is.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #222
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Lottie: k, makes way more sense then whatever was going through my mind

Izzy: ok, well I admitted it was flimsy, and didn't really have anything stronger at the time

When is DL?? I haven't stayed up late enough for it yet so I don't really know when it is...
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #223
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I believe it is.
Excellent. Now who to vote, Zil or Lari...

Anyone wanna give me a vote count?

EDIT: xed with Wilwa
Old 01-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #224
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Haven't people said similar things in other games?
Such as "x is good to have on y side, because they post a lot." or "x is bad to have on y side, if I'm on z side - because they figure me out so easily."
Similar to what alona said? That's not similar. There's a big difference between saying you hope someone is on your side and saying that they are on your side.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #225
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I believe 15 minutes til.

and I think only two have voted.

Nog for alonariel
Lariren for Loslote

x'd with Rikae, and fixed a tag.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #226
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I believe 15 minutes til.

and I think only two have voted.

Nog for alonariel
Lariren for Loslote

x'd with Rikae, and fixed a tag.
Thank you. Anyone got a preference between Lari and Zil?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #227
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Thank you. Anyone got a preference between Lari and Zil?
The question for me is alon or you.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #228
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm not voting for Zil and probably not for Lari... I might vote for alona or Nog.

Sally
, are you around?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #229
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Since Sally isn't around and I don't want all the votes to rush in all at once, I'm gonna vote now, and for lack of anything better:

++Shasta

For my reasons previously stated, that I am well aware are flimsy.

x'ed with a few
Old 01-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #230
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'm not voting for Zil and probably not for Lari... I might vote for alona or Nog.

Sally
, are you around?
I'd be willing to vote Alona, but I'd definitely prefer one of my other suspects.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #231
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Any word on if Sally is coming back?

I'd like to wait and see what she has to say, but the page refreshing is getting to be slow; and there isn't much time left.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #232
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Any word on if Sally is coming back?

I'd like to wait and see what she has to say, but the page refreshing is getting to be slow; and there isn't much time left.
I don't know but we really don't have time to wait and see.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #233
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Time presses.

++Loslote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #234
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wilwa if you had all that time, and your vote for Shasta is because there is nothing better. How come you didn't go over the thread again?

x'd with Inziladun.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #235
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Okay,

++alona

partly to save myself, partly because it's almost dl, and parly because I do think she's suspicious.

EDIT: xed with Izzy
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #236
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Wilwa if you had all that time, and your vote for Shasta is because there is nothing better. How come you didn't go over the thread again?
Nothing stood out. Everything else looked fine to me. Trust me I went over everything a couple times, I just think everyone looks good. It's annoying.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #237
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

++Nogrod

EDIT: Crossed with Wilwa and Lottie. Not trying to betray Lottie, just had second thoughts about Alona.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #238
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Wilwarin

Out of you, Loslote, and alonariel.
your vote just made me feel worse about you. Since you didn't explain more on your Shasta thing, an dyou seemed to of had a lot of time to go over the thread. You may of, but it seems like something would've come out of it.

X'd with Rikae, Wilwarin, Loslote.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #239
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ay yi yi, now everyone's going to point at that edit tomorrow and say I protest too much. But Lottie seemed trying to build a consensus, and I didn't realize what was going on or that it was to save herself or anything, then I post and see her vote-post and realize that.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #240
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYHGh6lmSbo

Her mother hadn't noticed when Rosalita had snuck out the front door, out onto the street, where a waiting car had whirled her away. It was only the bus brought her father home from the factory that her absence was detected. They all knew what had happened and who she was with. Her father called the police.

Rosalita sat in the backseat with Sloppy Sue and the Barefoot Girl, their guys in the front, as the car sped and swerved down the highway, windows down, hands out the windows, hair flying. Free. Rock and roll blasted through the speakers. Laughter and cigarette smoke floated out behind them. The driver looked back at Rosie and flashed her a grin. Rosie smiled back. Her parents said he would come to no good, that he was a ne'er do well - but Rosalita didn't care. He wouldn't always be poor; in fact, he had promised to take her away to California as soon as his record deal pulled through.

His smile disappeared as his gaze was drawn out through the rear windshield. Flashing lights. He turned to face the road ahead and settled in the seat.

"Seat belts on, windows up," he said. "Here we go."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMPNGCrn5A

And they went, speeding down the empty country road, the police car hot on their tail.

Thirty minutes later, the band of young people were standing on the side of the road, their battered car lying in the ditch, while a policeman grilled them. In the end they were let off with fines and warnings and allowed to go their way - all but Rosalita.

She found herself shoved in the backseat of the police car and dropped off at home minutes later, where her mother railed and cried while her silent, furious father led her to her windowless attic room, slammed the door shut - and then locked her in. She listened as his footsteps faded away down the stairs, then threw herself on her bed and fell into a tortured sleep. She didn't bother to cry, because she knew there would be plenty of time for that later, when her father would return drunk, with that glazed, desperate look his eyes. And then he would beat her.

Night 3 has begun.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul - The Highwayman (Hunter)
Wild Billy - Glirdan - Innocent
Rosalita - Loslote - Innocent

Last edited by Gwathagor; 01-16-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote