The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #361
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Cooperative on the way to the gallows? Indeed my fate is not sealed entirely yet.
But you claim I was dreamed, and thus others will follow.
But when fur fails to sprout upon my dead body... I'll hold back from saying I told ya so. xD
Old 01-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #362
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
There she is, Miss Dreamt Wolfiekins
There she is, your lynchee
The dream of a seer who's been waiting (impatiently) for her to come back home
For she is, you see, the one the wolves call their own

There she is, Miss Dreamt Wolfiekins
There she is, your lynchee
With so many PMs she took our Rikae away
With her buddies _____ and _____. Well, hey....

Folks, here she is
Waiting to lynch, she is
Furriest of the fur, she is
There she is - Miss Dreamt Wolfiekins
This screams Mrs Lovett to me, am I delusional??? I suppose I might be....

Going for real now, and yes I will have fun!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #363
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Cooperative on the way to the gallows? Indeed my fate is not sealed entirely yet.
But you claim I was dreamed, and thus others will follow.
But when fur fails to sprout upon my dead body... I'll hold back from saying I told ya so. xD
Nice try, princess. I'll give you a cookie if you play nice, ya know.

And believe me, you're dead. I know for a fact that while one of your partners hasn't voted, one of them has. So you can't possibly even reach a tie. (And no, that doesn't mean I know two wolves, of course. It just means that, after doing some math, there's no possibility that both Dun and Shasta are wolves.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #364
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
This screams Mrs Lovett to me, am I delusional??? I suppose I might be....

Going for real now, and yes I will have fun!
Oh. Lol no it's actually the Miss America theme tune thing.

Yay! (And there may or may not be a real Sweeney parody waiting for you when you get back.)
Old 01-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #365
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*shrug*
You'll just have to wait and see, then eh.

The thing with the theory about how the pairings were set up.
Can you guarantee that they weren't random?
That gwath went oh, I think the pairings will be like "this, this, this."

Because doing things like that as non-random can lead to patterns. I think I've seen a pattern emerge in a game, perhaps once when roles and things were assigned randomly. That pattern emerged only when you put the players' names in alphabetical order, and it included shortened names. It was quite amusing.

Thought you could probably get into an entire discussion about how using a role-randomizer on the internet can't possibly be truly random. Because it would have to use a mathematical equation, and how do you make a mathematical equation give random results.

Such obvious patterns are icky in these types of games.
Also, theories about assumed information have already been proven to be incorrect.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #366
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
*shrug*
You'll just have to wait and see, then eh.

The thing with the theory about how the pairings were set up.
Can you guarantee that they weren't random?
That gwath went oh, I think the pairings will be like "this, this, this."

Because doing things like that as non-random can lead to patterns. I think I've seen a pattern emerge in a game, perhaps once when roles and things were assigned randomly. That pattern emerged only when you put the players' names in alphabetical order, and it included shortened names. It was quite amusing.

Thought you could probably get into an entire discussion about how using a role-randomizer on the internet can't possibly be truly random. Because it would have to use a mathematical equation, and how do you make a mathematical equation give random results.

Such obvious patterns are icky in these types of games.
Also, theories about assumed information have already been proven to be incorrect.
Oh yeah, totally. I just think it's possible Gwath wanted it to turn out a certain way. If not, meh, but it was fun speculating.

And at this point it hardly matters. Even if I'm dead come Morning (which hopefully I won't be) the village will have enough information to get your packies.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #367
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Btw, as loony as it sounds, my original plan was made assuming I'd be targeted again last Night. I figured I'd be screwed so I could just keep my knowledge to myself and let the lynch go any way it wanted (except Izzy or the ranger) and then leave the village with a free lynch toMorrow. That way they'd have more to base stuff on, and I'd be able to maybe flush out Izzy's packmates a bit. But alas, such was not the case. So you lot have to put up with me again toMorrow. ^_^
Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #368
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah! A nice welcome home after being gone all day.
First things first:

++Izzy

Now for a closer look at other things.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #369
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And now everyone's left me?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #370
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*whimpers*

I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me....etc.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #371
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Bloody hell. A lot of stuff about the lover pairings, which it's really hard to keep track of with a five year old little girl tugging on my sleeve .
So it seems clear we've got one wolf down. Of the other two, I'm leaning toward Shasta very possibly being one of them. I know he has RL stuff going, but he just feels like the classical submarine wolf: doing well at blending into the background quietly, avoiding controversy and notice.
Who else? Wilwa is starting to worry me. ToDay she seems to really be making a point of saying 'Look at me! I'm here! I'm helping!'
Also:

Quote:
This still bothers me. I'd happily die if it meant the Ranger could survive, especially since our Seer needs him so much. Yes wolves are our priority, but Sally can give us an advantage over the wolves, therefore keeping the Ranger alive keeps her alive and stays on track with our objective. I don't really get why he objected to this.
Admittedly, that was a knee-jerk reaction. I was thinking: 'Sally said she didn't have a wolf. So why would this be a good idea?' It made sense afterward, and I waited around for Sally, who ultimately didn't show up.

Quote:
Sally: I don't think the Ranger needs to hint to you whether they protected you or not, too risky for him, cause he needs to stay alive as long as possible so he can protect you as long as possible.
Want a cracker? Seems I saw that earlier toDay....

Quote:
Then if we go off of that it makes Nog a likely Wolf, since he "probably" isn't an ord, and since Sally has called the Ranger a "she", so he can't be gifted.
That doesn't sit well with me. I don't care for the scrutiny of Sally's wordings. I think she's got a plan going, and that looks too much like prying for prying's sake.

Let's see, what else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Basically we were reading over how Lottie was going along with Sally's reveal and trusting it, and how Inzil was too, and then Lari (who also missed the clue in the narration until Shasta pointed it out to the both of us) wondered, "how do they know she was the target?" Because, ever since she started playing, she said that narrations never gave away who the attempted Night kills were.
I still don't see how anyone could have missed the fact that Sally was the intended target, when the use of the characters in the narrative was entirely consistent with the Day 1 narrative about Glirdan and Morsul.
Overall, though. I still don't know about alona. She's been here quite a bit toDay, and nothing new really stands out as evil, I'll say that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If you lynch me - you lose. That simple.

Unless:
a) the ranger gives you one more Day to try
b) you're a wolf after some odd laziness by your real seer and then as a wolf you win

On the second one: Lottie was an ordinary innocent and I am an ordinary innocent. I do trust what the mod writes in the roles department after the narrations and the PM's he sends me concerning my role - so I tend to say I know it.

Also I know you don't know it. But I only said I know it.
I tend to be suspicious of people who make statements like 'You lose if I die.' It also worries me that he was not receptive to Sally's hints about who to vote for, knowing that she had a wolf, which forced Sally to reveal the dream earlier than she wanted. Then again, Wilwa was pushing for a reveal as well.
I feel pretty confident the final wolf is one of those two. And if Shasta's innocent, maybe both?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #372
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
I'm here, Sal, able to escape for a little bit. Let's see how long I can evade my family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I still don't see how anyone could have missed the fact that Sally was the intended target, when the use of the characters in the narrative was entirely consistent with the Day 1 narrative about Glirdan and Morsul.
Overall, though. I still don't know about alona. She's been here quite a bit toDay, and nothing new really stands out as evil, I'll say that much.
Eh, okay I didn't want to admit this but I usually don't pay much attention to the narration unless it involves me. Self-centered, I know, but it's the truth. I also didn't pay much attention to which specific character people signed up for. I remember I was Janey, because I wrote an IC post in the first game, and Nog was Johnny 99 because he was my lover last game, but other than that, I really didn't pay much attention to the character names after that, hence me glancing over (not really reading) and missing that Sally's character name was used in the narration.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #373
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oooo goodie, company! *bounces* Lol I was about to fall asleep.

What shall we talk about?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #374
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Oh. Lol no it's actually the Miss America theme tune thing.
Haha, I think I may have been singing it to the tune of Worst Pies in London....do not ask me why.

So not too much happening. I'm gonna go to bed then. Good luck everyone!

x'ed with Alona and Sally...maybe now that people are here I will stay around...we'll see
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #375
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
What shall we talk about?
Hmm...not quite sure. Lari has informed me that she made it to LA in one piece, so I expect she should be on some time later to vote. Nog has gone to bed so my main source of debatey-ness is gone for the Day. We may have to send out an APB for Shasta

Last edited by alonariel; 01-17-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: X'd with Wilwa and Sally
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #376
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Haha, I think I may have been singing it to the tune of Worst Pies in London....do not ask me why.

So not too much happening. I'm gonna go to bed then. Good luck everyone!

x'ed with Alona and Sally...maybe now that people are here I will stay around...we'll see
There might be a pie in it for you if you do.

And I dunno why either. Hehe. ^_^
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #377
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

For pie, I suppose I'll stay.

So what's the subject of discussion ladies??
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #378
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Hmm...not quite sure. Lari has informed me that she made it to LA in one piece, so I expect she should be on some time later to vote. Nog has gone to bed so my main source of debatey-ness is gone for the Day. We may have to send out an APB for Shasta
I'm gonna text him just to see if he's gonna make it back.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #379
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
She's already voted for Shasta. Good to know she made it safely.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #380
alonariel
Wight

Quote:

Yay! Well, there's Nog's suspicion of you, Inzil's suspicion of Nog, my suspicion of Shasta and Nog. It's pretty much a finger pointer contest at this point. At least we'll get a wolf toDay!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #381
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
She's already voted for Shasta. Good to know she made it safely.
Eek I forgot that she voted already. Seriously, my memory is failing me at the ripe old age of 18...
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #382
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Well I'd say the other two wolves.

Here's how we stand. Well, I should say here's what we know.

Sally/Glirdan: seer/ordo
Morsul/Wilwa: hunter/unknown
Izzy/Rikae: wolf/ordo
Lottie/Nog: ordo/unknown
Shasta/Alona: unknown/Unknown
Dun/Lari: unknown/unknown

So we have five unknowns. (Six for you, of course.)

Wilwa
Nog
Shasta
Alona
Dun
Lari

One of them is the ranger, two of them are wolves. Which do you think the wolves are? *yawns* Yeah, I just need to keep on here so I don't fall asleep. I've already sent in my dream and want to be awake when Gwath responds later.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #383
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Eek I forgot that she voted already. Seriously, my memory is failing me at the ripe old age of 18...
Thanks so much for making me feel old, dear.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #384
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Thanks so much for making me feel old, dear.
Sorry! Still love me?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #385
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
One of them is the ranger, two of them are wolves. Which do you think the wolves are? *yawns* Yeah, I just need to keep on here so I don't fall asleep. I've already sent in my dream and want to be awake when Gwath responds later.
I don't want to say who I think the Ranger is because s/he could still be of good use, so here's my thoughts:

Wilwa - ordo (probably)
Nog - wolf (maybe?)
Shasta - wolf
Alona - ordo
Dun - ordo (not sure)
Lari - ordo
Old 01-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #386
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

K:

Wilwa
Nog
Shasta
Alona
Dun
Lari

Well I know I'm innocent. I'm starting to feel good about Alona, and Lari hasn't done anything to make me think bad of her, but I'm not positive or anything there. So out of the boys I'm more inclined towards Inzil and Nog being guilty, then Shasta.

Hmm. So supposing there is a Night kill toNight, we'll be down to 5 on that unknown list tomorrow. But then Sally's dream will bring us to 4. If the Ranger reveals themselves tomorrow we're down to 3, and then we're pretty much guaranteed a win.

Hopefully that's how it goes then.

x'ed with Alona
Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #387
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Incidentally, I'd like to point out that, had Izzy jumped onto Lari's vote, the other wolf (or wolves) could have popped on before (or even after, if they had HUGE manhoods) and quite possibly secured at least a tie. Fortunately they didn't.

Also, I'm very inclined to think Nog innocent at this point, especially when I consider my above statement. If he is in the pack and knew I was going to reveal a wolf, I think he would jump onto the nearest bandwaggon to save whoever I was going to reveal. (Of course if Shasta was a wolf he'd be doing something very stupid, but that's beside the point.) But at the very least he didn't just say "Oh, I have to go, I'll just vote whoever" and leave; he actually asked me why I had the preference I did and if he should follow it. So yeah, I think we should leave him be, at least unless he does something really nassssty.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #388
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
If the Ranger reveals themselves tomorrow we're down to 3, and then we're pretty much guaranteed a win.
This math makes Alona very, very happy! And Alona hates math, with a passion. Just ask Lari.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #389
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
K:

Wilwa
Nog
Shasta
Alona
Dun
Lari

Well I know I'm innocent. I'm starting to feel good about Alona, and Lari hasn't done anything to make me think bad of her, but I'm not positive or anything there. So out of the boys I'm more inclined towards Inzil and Nog being guilty, then Shasta.

Hmm. So supposing there is a Night kill toNight, we'll be down to 5 on that unknown list tomorrow. But then Sally's dream will bring us to 4. If the Ranger reveals themselves tomorrow we're down to 3, and then we're pretty much guaranteed a win.

Hopefully that's how it goes then.

x'ed with Alona
No you won't, because if there's a kill it'll probably be me.

My two top choices are Lari and Dun (although I gave up doing an analysis, sorry, because I kept losing my train of thought). Of the rest I'll not say, because....yeah.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #390
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sorry! Still love me?
Oh, I suppose. And to be fair, I feel old today anyway.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #391
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Also, I'm very inclined to think Nog innocent at this point, especially when I consider my above statement. If he is in the pack and knew I was going to reveal a wolf, I think he would jump onto the nearest bandwaggon to save whoever I was going to reveal. (Of course if Shasta was a wolf he'd be doing something very stupid, but that's beside the point.) But at the very least he didn't just say "Oh, I have to go, I'll just vote whoever" and leave; he actually asked me why I had the preference I did and if he should follow it. So yeah, I think we should leave him be, at least unless he does something really nassssty.
Good reasoning, and I'll give him a fair chance toMorrow to sniff out a wolf instead of getting into another debate with him all hot-headed like and all. That said, I think we talked about earlier on in the game about how wolves wouldn't mind lynching a pack mate in order to cast suspicion off of them and secure an eventual win. And having said that, I have seen nearly no interaction between Izzy and Nog, which does make me inclined to think he's innocent - but again, he made the case Day 1 about how when a wolf's in a corner, fellow wolves will do what they can to distance themselves when put in the spotlight.

But like I said, with the low numbers I will take things slow and take everything into account before jumping on someone.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #392
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Oh, I suppose. And to be fair, I feel old today anyway.
How come?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #393
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Good reasoning, and I'll give him a fair chance toMorrow to sniff out a wolf instead of getting into another debate with him all hot-headed like and all. That said, I think we talked about earlier on in the game about how wolves wouldn't mind lynching a pack mate in order to cast suspicion off of them and secure an eventual win. And having said that, I have seen nearly no interaction between Izzy and Nog, which does make me inclined to think he's innocent - but again, he made the case Day 1 about how when a wolf's in a corner, fellow wolves will do what they can to distance themselves when put in the spotlight.

But like I said, with the low numbers I will take things slow and take everything into account before jumping on someone.
Well, you are right a bit, but considering that he was going to vote her over you makes me think that his suspicion of her was/is genuine. That and Izzy had said something of him before that made me suspect they'd not be together. (Of course now I can't remember what it is. Rubbish.)
Old 01-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #394
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Falling asleep at the keyboard here so I'm gonna call it a night.

Good night everyone!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #395
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
How come?
*shrugs*

Hmmmm. Now what about Dun? I can't decide if I suspect him legitimately or am just paranoid.

ETA: x'd with Wilwa. G'night, dear. Hopefully I'll see you toMorrow.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #396
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Well, you are right a bit, but considering that he was going to vote her over you makes me think that his suspicion of her was/is genuine. That and Izzy had said something of him before that made me suspect they'd not be together. (Of course now I can't remember what it is. Rubbish.)
Very true, but then that would have been the third time Nog has voted for me, where no one else has except Lottie, and that was admitted to be a self-saving vote.

Quote:
Hmmmm. Now what about Dun? I can't decide if I suspect him legitimately or am just paranoid..
I've got mixed feelings about him. Lottie's hard core suspicion of him Day 1 has me thinking something is there, but all his posts seem oddly neutral when it comes to the point of debating or analyzing something. I honestly can't get a read on him other than gut which tells me simply ordo because nothing pops out as evil for me. I had this same problem in my first game, reading people I'd never played with before. It messed me up with Lottie, Izzy and now it's happening with Inzil, too.

I've got some time to look back over his posts. Even though we've got our lynch pretty much settled toDay, an analysis would help, yeah?

Last edited by alonariel; 01-17-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: X'd with Sally
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #397
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yup, go for it. I'm not all here, so I probably would get all sorts of loopy conclusions.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #398
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Actually, he was looking hard at Wilwa before you came out with your dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I actually disagree here even if I'm suspecting Izzy as well. Wilwa looks so opportunistic to press for an interpretation I know is not true that it makes me suspect her more (for is she were a wolf that would suit her just perfectly!) - not to talk of her voting I referred to earlier.

Or are you implying Izzy is in fact a wolf?
It was only after you outright said Izzy was a wolf that he accepted that and voted her. Before, it looks to me as if he might have been throwing out some weak suspicion of Izzy, which could have been wolf-on-wolf. I'm far from sure about him, though.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-17-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: x/d with alona and sally
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #399
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Actually, he was looking hard at Wilwa before you came out with your dream.

It was only after you outright said Izzy was a wolf that he accepted that and voted her. Before, it looks to me as if he might have been throwing out some weak suspicion of Izzy, which could have been wolf-on-wolf. I'm far from sure about him, though.
Hmmmm. You do have a point. To me, however, it looked like he was equally all right with voting either of them. Of course he could have been testing the waters so to speak, and I'm certainly not saying to consider him innocent, but for the moment I think I'm all right with letting him go.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #400
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading and not in the best of moods. I have two pages to catch up on (and no, that's not why I'm in a bad mood, so don't worry, .)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote