The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
WWLXXI: Something in the Night (Attempt #2)

Night washed over the city like a sheet of oil across the street. Doors shut, bedroom lights went out, streetlights turned on. In the distance, a train whistle whined mournfully, then faded away. All was still, silent. Then, shadows. Shadows of young people, slipping through doorways, through the window, in and out of the streetlights, down the alleyways, down the streets. Through the hollow bones of the city they moved, like ghosts, like spirits waiting to be born.

A car engine roared, headlights flicked on. As if in answer, engines awoke all over the city, cars and motorcycles, each one a different voice, each one a holy escape. They were all there, the night children, the street people. Killer Joe, the Rat, the Barefoot Girl, the Circus Boy, Sonny, Hazy Davy, Kitty, the Ragamuffin Gunner, and many, many more besides. All of them searching, hoping, reaching out into a night full of promise and potential. A night for dreaming.

And off into this night they sped, out into the darkness on the edge of town, two by two, each pair searching for there something they alone would recognize. Hope. Life. Love. Solitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyB-L...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGU0z1DGO8E

And yet...all was not well. There were some that saw this dream and did not understand it. Some who hated it. Some who rode alongside their companions, silently plotting how they might strike down this dream while it was yet being born. But, they said nothing and their dark wishes, their anger and ill-will, were as yet nothing more than something in the night.

Wolves and PM-pals, PM. Seer, send a dream pick.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Nobody yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Day 1

The hot sun of late July rose quickly into the morning sky. It was early, and already the heat-waves were rippling across the black pavement downtown, creating mirages at the end of every street. Neon signs flashed on. Blinds went up. A garage door opened with a bang.

Still tired from the night before, young people began to appear on the streets among the growing crowds. Some clocked in for work. Some danced along the boardwalk, past the circus, past the arcades. Some ducked the cops. Some hid out in cool alleys, waiting for the moon to rise again, when they would meet their friends and lovers in secret rendezvous.

The noises rose to a steady hum: the twinkling music of the merry-go-round, the blaring car horns, the shouts of busy people, a clamor that would continue until the darkness came again. To some, the sound of so many and so much was music to thrive upon. To others, it was strangling and oppressive. To all, it was the sound of the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3jHqupTxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAvolRT3sX4

The Day had begun.

Post away, everybody.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Nobody yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Palantir-Green Song Parody, Take Two

Oh Where Are The Werewolves?

Narrator: "Now it's time for silly songs with Lottie.
The part of the show where Lottie comes out and sings a silly song.
Our curtain opens as Lottie, having just woken up this Morning, is searching for the werewolves. Having no success, Lottie cries out..."

Lottie: "Oh, where are the werewolves? Oh where are the werewolves? Oh, where,
oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh,
where oh, where ... are the werewolves?"

Narrator: "Having heard her cry, Morsul enters the scene. Shocked and
slightly astonished at the sight of Lottie not attacking, Morsul regains his composure and reports ... "

Morsul: "I think I saw a werewolf back there!"

Lottie: "Back there are the werewolves. Back there are the werewolves. Back
there, back there, oh, where, back there, oh, where, oh, where, back
there, back there, back there ... are the werewolves!"

Narrator: "Having heard her joyous proclamation, Shasta Althreduin enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Lottie voting, Shasta regains his composure and comments ..."

Shasta: "Why do you need to lynch them? You're a werewolf yourself!"

Narrator: "Lottie is taken aback. The thought had never occured to her. A wolf? What would this mean? What will become of her? What will become
of her track record? Lottie wonders ..."

Lottie: "A wolf, not an ordo. A wolf, not an ordo. A wolf, A
wolf, a wolf, a wolf, a wolf, a wolf, a wolf, not ordo, a wolf
.. not innocent!"

Narrator: "Having heard her wonderings, Mod Gwathagor enters the scene.
Shocked and slightly astonished at the sight of Lottie as an wolf, Gwatg regains his composure and confesses ..."

Gwath: "Lottie, that wolf role of yours ... Well, I never pmed it, you don't really need it. So, well, I'm sorry ... I didn't know. But you're not a werewolf - 'cause you're an ordo!"

Narrator: "Feeling a deep sense of relief, Lottie bounces up and sings..."

Lottie: "No fur, I'm an ordo! No fur! I'm an ordo. No fur, no fur, an ordo, no fur, innocent, an ordo, no fur, no
fur, no fur! I'm an ordo!"

Narrator: "Having heard her rejoicing, the Wolves enter the scene. Themselves celebrating, both Lottie and the Wolves are shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of...each other. But recognizing Lottie's
innocence, the Wolves are angry..."

Wolves: "We will kill you."

Narrator: "Yes, evil has been done here. The Wolves exits the scene. Lottie lives, but, still feeling a deep sense of dread about the coming Night, calls out ..."

Lottie: "We could still lynch you. We will still lynch you. We could, we should, we would, we will, lynch you, werewolves, lynch you, we will, lynch you ... evil werewolves."

Narrator: "The end!"
Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bad Scooter is pseudonym for Bruce Springsteen?
Which is the theme, so does that mean if I sing I scare the wolves away, or banish them somehow?
(without being so, I'm sure it would work anyways...)

xD
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Bad Scooter is pseudonym for Bruce Springsteen?
Which is the theme, so does that mean if I sing I scare the wolves away, or banish them somehow?
(without being so, I'm sure it would work anyways...)

xD
Not likely. I've already sang (twice!) and we're still playing.

Although, that could be the reason why we had to restart! My singing was so horrible the wolves begged Gwath for a chance to redo the game! Izzy, you're either a genius or you were a wolf last game and remember the agony!! Yayness.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Albert Einstein was pretty hairy, I think he was part lupine.
So was Galileo, Pascal, Da Vinci, Lincoln...

I see a theme popping out here. Any geniuses out there? xD
Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I see a theme popping out here. Any geniuses out there? xD
I can only speak for myself, but the answer here is a definite no. Just a poor Working Stiff.

And bravo, Lottie. The only thing missing is the melody! By the way, was that based upon something else, or was it a Lottie Original?
So, this is it so far? I'll be back when more of the young people begin to stir.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"You fought off the wolves with a song parody? I bloody love you."

*snuggles Lottie*

This is a friendly FYI that I'll soon be going out of town and won't return for a few hours (not that I've missed much yet, it seems, but still). I'll catch up when I get back.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

4 people have posted?

Wow, it may take me a while to catch up.

So.....a list then, of course, is the only logical next move:

Lottie: is obviously innocent cause of her totally awesome Veggie Tales parody (good job, that was awesome )

Izzy: is a genius, therefore by her own logic guilty

Inzil: is obviously guilty for not recognizing that Lottie's song was based off of Where is My Hairbrush by Larry the Cucumber, tsk tsk

Sally: will be innocent in my eyes if she sends me cookies

Uhm....that's all I got for now. I have to do some homework and will be back a bit later.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So I'm here and I'm going to say that Wilwa is a Wolf just because!!

But now to be serious...there have only been five people and it's already been fourteen hours....Not that I'm complaining seeing as this is probably the only time I'll be able to post anything for a good five to six hours......

So, ciao for now....

Oh, and in case no one caught the sarcasm in my accusation towards Wilwa, well, I just explained it.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Love the parody. Izzy, does Marx count?

I was hoping to find some posts before I had to dash off for work for the next six hours - hopefully there will be more to read and digest when I get home tonight?

Goodbye for now!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

To continue my list then *clears throat loudly*

Glirdy: guilty, just because

Alona: innocent, because of the Marx comment

So, there really isn't much going on now is there.....do I have to say something controversial to get this thing rolling? OK then, here goes...

I think everyone should reveal who their Lover/Pen Pal is, just to get everything out in the open! Honesty is of course the best policy and all.

If that doesn't stir something up I may have to resort to voting randomly for someone...or maybe voting for myself....or maybe false reveal as something.....cause something exciting obviously needs to happen in order for people to start talking....

anyone? anyone? am I annoying you yet?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
To continue my list then *clears throat loudly*

Glirdy: guilty, just because

Alona: innocent, because of the Marx comment

So, there really isn't much going on now is there.....do I have to say something controversial to get this thing rolling? OK then, here goes...

I think everyone should reveal who their Lover/Pen Pal is, just to get everything out in the open! Honesty is of course the best policy and all.

If that doesn't stir something up I may have to resort to voting randomly for someone...or maybe voting for myself....or maybe false reveal as something.....cause something exciting obviously needs to happen in order for people to start talking....

anyone? anyone? am I annoying you yet?
Wilwa- Guilty for making lists.

Still nothing of note? This is disappointing, even for Day 1. It does look likely I'll be making a shot in the dark by voting for a sub, at this rate.
Outing the 'PM Pals', hmm? I suppose we could, but what would it accomplish?

EDIT-had to remove one of Wilwa's smilies to allow one of my own
Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Probably nothing but confusion. I just wanted to get some form of a discussion started and that was the first thing I thought of.

Though I did think of one thing later on. I find it very unlikely that Gwath paired any of the 3 gifteds with any of the 3 wolves, so we can assume that either all 6 of those with roles are paired with an ord, OR 2 wolves together, 2 gifteds together and then the rest with ords (or some combo of that). How can this help us? I don't know right now, except that I think the Gifteds should feel pretty safe talking to their PM buddies, cause they're probably ords (or even maybe another gifted, but I doubt a wolf). Feel free to lynch me if this assumption turns out to be wrong.

Anyone there??? I'd really rather not have to vote for someone randomly.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Deadline is in... six and a half hours?

I'd say Sally, Wilwa, Glirdan, and alonariel are the wolves. Yes, count four. They all said essentially the same thing.
They entered, then commented on lack of posts, said they were going to be away, then left. Standard wolf characteristics.

X'd with Wilwa.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Heh. You can pay my bills when I skip job hunting to post on WW then.

Anyway, I'm back (for however long my internet holds out) and unfortunately there's pretty much less posts than there are people. This disappoints me.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Izzy, how awesome do you think it is that with 13 posts in like 18 hours we actually managed to cross post? I think it's great!

x'ed with Sally, that is just irony...
Old 01-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
I think the Gifteds should feel pretty safe talking to their PM buddies, cause they're probably ords
Hm... interesting. On what do you base your assertion that gifteds won't be paired with wolves? (Or in other words, whee! I'm gifted! Kill me toNight!)

I like the idea of outing the pm-pals. At least it gives us something to talk about, and I definitely need something to restore my enthusiasm over the disappointing turn of the last game. I'll go first - mine is Izzy. You're all free to believe or disbelieve me as you see fit.

Wilwolf, er, Wilwa, who's your PM-pal?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hmmmm. I'm not sure I like that idea. I mean there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't see why we necessarily should either. Meh.

The thing that bothers me is that nothing's been said toDay, like at all. If/when I do vote, it will be completely random, and I hate that.

(By the way, I'll be heading to church about three hours before deadline and while I should be back in time to vote I won't guarantee it. So start talking.)
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What a day - and what a Day!

So I only got to the computer now and will have to wake up in about six hours... Well there's not too much to read either. But sadly also little to make a vote on. I must think about it while checking my stuff for tomorrow.

About revealing the pen-pals... hmm. Hard to say as there seems to be no immediate pros or cons: it might help the wolves planning their kills but it might also help us with some possible combinations I think. Needs some thinking as well.

Back soon.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #21
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Hm... interesting. On what do you base your assertion that gifteds won't be paired with wolves?
I'm not certain, I just personally think it's very likely. In the admin thread Gwath said that wolves could be paired with ords, he didn't say anything about wolves being paired with gifteds. I just think if he thought to clarify the first as being a possibility then if the second was a possibility he would have clarified that as well. Like he could have said "wolves may be paired with ords or gifteds", but he didn't, he just said ords.

And I'm fine if people want to reveal their PM Pals (it was just a suggestion to get discussion started), but I won't say who mine is cause I'm not sure he'd be ok with that, but if he comes on and sees this and wants to say we're PM Pals then he can go ahead and do that, I won't mind.

x'ed with Nog
Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #22
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Hm... interesting. On what do you base your assertion that gifteds won't be paired with wolves? (Or in other words, whee! I'm gifted! Kill me toNight!)
I was wondering the same thing, Wilwa. You're may be right, but I don't know how you could be so sure.

Quote:
I like the idea of outing the pm-pals. At least it gives us something to talk about, and I definitely need something to restore my enthusiasm over the disappointing turn of the last game. I'll go first - mine is Izzy. You're all free to believe or disbelieve me as you see fit.
Izzy, hm? Well, I would ask you if she's said anything interesting, or, even better, lupine, but then, how do I know you're not a wolf?
This is why I don't see what this gains us. We're flying blind both ways, here and with our PM Pals.

x/d with Nog and Wilwa
Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #23
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anyone can be paired with anyone. I think I can say that, since I asked Gwath about it; even if it was the first try.

I think the idea of only ordo's being paired with gifteds; is a bit scary of a notion if you actually think about it. Especially if the wolves are capable of sharing that information.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Inzil - nope, nothing. Just trying to get some kind of discussion started here.

Izzy - thank you. It's as I thought, then. I don't really like the way Wilwa encouraged the gifteds to be less cautions based on so little... and yes, if that were true the wolves could eliminate three possible gifteds from their search - good thing it isn't.

I've got some work to do, but I'll be back before deadline.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #25
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Alright, well that's good to know for sure then.

I was simply stating what I thought seemed likely to me, the Gifteds didn't have to take me seriously if they didn't agree with me. No one was saying anything so I was just trying to put some stuff out there to get people talking. And I hadn't thought of that angle regarding the Wolves, that does make a lot of sense and I'm glad my theory isn't right.

Anyway, I'll be back a bit later to actually think of who to vote for.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #26
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
We're flying blind both ways, here and with our PM Pals.
That's the problem. There can be things we can try and learn about our pen pals as the game goes on but at least now it's probably quite futile. And if we reveal all the pen pals right now it might affect the way the wolves communicate via PM's - and not for the more "readable" direction - well saying this out aloud might have a similar kind of effect as well now as I think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Anyone can be paired with anyone. I think I can say that, since I asked Gwath about it
That's good to hear. And a good point on why that also needs to be true there Rikae.

Okay. I need to go to sleep. This was a bad Day from me but no can do.

So what to say?

I think Rikae, Inzil and Wilwa are trying to do something which makes me appreciate them and I'm not going to vote anyone of them.

Also I agree on Izzy's earlier point about alona, Sally and Glirdy just complaining the lack of posts and then disappearing without actually trying to do anything to the issue themselves. That is a tactics I tend to always suspect and disapprove of.

Lottie's song would be the classic wolf-opening: "I'm a wolf, I'm a wolf! - heh, only joking..."

Voting this early puts me in no position to vote for someone who has not yet appeared.

A tough call then.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #27
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I don't remember I have made as non-grounded decision as this is ever on werewolf.

I'm not saying Rikae, Inzil & Wilwa are innocents. Probably at least one of them is a wolf (that's just even statistically quite so). But as they clearly play I wouldn't like to see them gone toDay.

For a moment I thought I would not vote at all but as I have shown my contempt for such solutions in earlier games I think I have no other choice but to vote.

So just guts.

++ alona

Yeah alona, I feel like a jerk. In the last game you promised to stand by my side whatever came... and this is how I pay you back.

I hope that you'll manage to get that much discussion going on later toDay that you can use at least some reasoning behind the votes when the Day closes.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #28
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Considering that for all intents and purposes we've already been through Day 1, I'm not that surprised at the lack of posts. Honestly, I'm most comfortable voting Wilwa at the moment for that bit about the gifteds being able to trust their PM partners, but even that's flimsy as it could easily be a mistake with the rules (which, as we've already seen, can be finicky).

I probably won't vote Wilwa as a matter of fact, considering she's been the main voice of trying to get people re-interested. I may just have to pull out my Magic 8... uh.... I mean, my crystal ball. Yeah, that's it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
but even that's flimsy as it could easily be a mistake with the rules (which, as we've already seen, can be finicky).
And it was mostly me that was confused last time as well ....so basically I'm gonna stop trying to come up with weird theories and stuff, since they turn out to not make sense and I seem to be the only one that thinks they're even a good idea in the first place. I'm just gonna stick to finding the wolves and not worry about this whole lover dynamic anymore, it's distracting us all from the main goal anyway.

So about that. The posts have started picking up, which is great, but there still isn't really too much to go on regarding suspicions and what not, and still a few people left to show up. So I'll be come on on and off for the next 2ish hours to comment on random things and then I'll have to vote (school in the am, so I can't really stay up that late).
Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #30
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

So I need to head to sleep now, it's still fairly early here but I'm exhausted and have to get up crazy early, so I need to vote now.

Still not too much to go on, and nothing really suspicious, but there are a few people who came on and mentioned the lack of posts, and then didn't really do much to get things started (Sally, Alona and Glirdy for example) and Lottie put time into that parody, which was funny, but not really productive. So I'm gonna have to go with one of them....

++Sally

So I need to sleep now. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #31
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I need to vote soon, but lack much to go on... Wilwa's fishy looking suggestion strikes me as something too obvious for a wolf to actually say, now that I look at it again... I think maybe I'll vote for Glirdan, simply because of the somewhat nervous (?), anxious almost breathless tone of his post. Last time I was a wolf, I remember worrying that my own posts had a similar feel to them - and in the past, I've found an awareness of things like tone has often been more useful than logic in catching wolves.
On the other hand, Glirdan's just coming back to werewolf after a long absence, and it wouldn't be very nice to vote him on Day 1, especially when he can't post for most of the Day. I'll have to give it more thought.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #32
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Oh man. I come on after a long hard day of writing funnies in class, and I come back to not even two pages? Man...
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #33
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, so I'm finally back (it's been a long day....a gun would have been appreciated at some point....) and have done some reading since I last posted and am absolutely loving how everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to vote for those of us who legitimately could not be here for the Day.

One who pops out the most would be Izzy for two different reasons. One, she was the first to point it out. Two, she herself has posted very little. Why make the accusations when you yourself are doing so as well? Perhaps to hide a furry secret?

Although I do find Wilwa's posts rather interesting....why suggest that we all reveal who are partners are? Would that not defeat the purpose of the mod god's game and narrations?

Maybe I am just too tired to even actually fully understand half the posts at this current moment...which wouldn't surprise me.

Considering I just walked through the door not even fifteen minutes ago, I believe I am going to go take a quick breather (get a drink and something to eat more likely) and then come back and tackle this. I shall return!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #34
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
While the lack of posts means people are not saying anything, its kind of good for those who had to work and are now getting caught up *cough*me*cough*.

Anyway, as for revealing our PM buddies, I don't really see what that does to the game. So you know who's talking to who and sharing ideas in private. Or you know who is manipulating who. Either way, what does that information do for catching wolves? And, lets be honest, the Seer is the only one who can really know the role of their partner.

I have no read on the people here. Other than the fact that Shasta looks shifty...and that is all meta game <3.

I really have no read on anyone. There hasn't been a lot said.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #35
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

A big ole summary

Quote:

This is where she first brought it up. This seems rather innocent to me, and I don't see any reason to suspect her for what seems to have been said in a very joking tone.

Quote:
The first reaction. Inzil takes it seriously but asks what purpose it would serve. I must admit, this struck me as kind of evil at the time.

Quote:
Probably nothing but confusion. I just wanted to get some form of a discussion started and that was the first thing I thought of.
Wilwa restates that she was joking.

Quote:
Rikae also likes the idea, and goes so far as to reveal that Izzy is her penpal. This seems a tad bit evil, as well, but to doesn't feel quite as bad to me as Inzil's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Hmmmm. I'm not sure I like that idea. I mean there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't see why we necessarily should either. Meh.
Sally doesn't like the idea very much and wonders what use it would be. Knee-jerk reaction: innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
About revealing the pen-pals... hmm. Hard to say as there seems to be no immediate pros or cons: it might help the wolves planning their kills but it might also help us with some possible combinations I think. Needs some thinking as well.
Nog sees both sides. I have no idea what this means, evil or innocent.

Quote:
And I'm fine if people want to reveal their PM Pals (it was just a suggestion to get discussion started), but I won't say who mine is cause I'm not sure he'd be ok with that, but if he comes on and sees this and wants to say we're PM Pals then he can go ahead and do that, I won't mind.
Wilwa's tone here seems to suggest that she didn't expect the idea to take off so fast and she's a bit alarmed. Kind of innocent, kind of evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
That's the problem. There can be things we can try and learn about our pen pals as the game goes on but at least now it's probably quite futile. And if we reveal all the pen pals right now it might affect the way the wolves communicate via PM's - and not for the more "readable" direction - well saying this out aloud might have a similar kind of effect as well now as I think of it.
Again, debating whether or not to reveal penpal. He seems to decide against it, but not too decisively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Although I do find Wilwa's posts rather interesting....why suggest that we all reveal who are partners are? Would that not defeat the purpose of the mod god's game and narrations?
Glirdan also doesn't see the point. Knee-jerk: I have no idea. Could be either, since only one person had revealed at this point and it probably wouldn't do much good to jump on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Anyway, as for revealing our PM buddies, I don't really see what that does to the game. So you know who's talking to who and sharing ideas in private. Or you know who is manipulating who. Either way, what does that information do for catching wolves? And, lets be honest, the Seer is the only one who can really know the role of their partner.
Lari doesn't see the point and doesn't think it would be helpful. See Glirdan's for reaction.

So right now, my top suspect is Inzil, but Lari, Glirdan, or Nog could also be wolves, and that's only based on the Pen Pal Debates.

I think I'll go look at Zil now.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #36
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

*scowls* This was way too short.

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but the answer here is a definite no. Just a poor Working Stiff.

And bravo, Lottie. The only thing missing is the melody! By the way, was that based upon something else, or was it a Lottie Original?
So, this is it so far? I'll be back when more of the young people begin to stir.
Aww! Thanks!

Quote:
Wilwa- Guilty for making lists.

Still nothing of note? This is disappointing, even for Day 1. It does look likely I'll be making a shot in the dark by voting for a sub, at this rate.

EDIT-had to remove one of Wilwa's smilies to allow one of my own
Talked about this before. It looks suspicious to me. It walks the border and doesn't say much of anything.

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, Wilwa. You're may be right, but I don't know how you could be so sure.

Izzy, hm? Well, I would ask you if she's said anything interesting, or, even better, lupine, but then, how do I know you're not a wolf?
This is why I don't see what this gains us. We're flying blind both ways, here and with our PM Pals.

x/d with Nog and Wilwa
Now he doesn't like the idea; banter with Izzy. That's all he posted.

I've got to go. I should be back before dl, but just in case:

++Zil
Old 01-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #37
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay...so....so far we have two votes:

Vote for/ Vote by

1. Alona - Nogrod
2. Sally - Wilwa

Bot are rather safe votes seeing as neither Sally nor Alona have been able to get on to defend themselves, let alone post. However...I do believe that this is mainly due to the time zone differences and thus I am inclined to believe at this point that neither of these to voter's are Wolves. At least not at this time.

Which leaves everyone else.

Sally, Alona, Lottie and Lari have hardly posted at this point in the game. In fact, Lari and Lottie have just posted (good to hear from you by the way ) and I do believe that Sally and Alona will be on sooner or later to defend themselves and also put their input into the conversation.

One person, who is always vocal, has remained rather silent thus far and it makes me rather concerned. Where has Morsul been all Day? He has not posted once which is rather odd.

Izzy makes me rather nervous as well. I have already explained two of my reasons in my previous post. But another reason has come to my attention...yes she has posted rather little, but all of her posts so far have been small posts with really nothing of substance. Sure you can all say that I haven't had many at this point either, but up until this point, I have only had two posts due to prior commitments and no computer opportunities. There is only one post of hers with any substance in it and that is the one where she makes the rather weak argument against those of us who could not be here to participate in discussions. She is one I will most definitely be keeping an eye on.

Rikae has been a rather active participant in the discussions (thank the lord!) raised about our Pen-Pals and has raised some interesting points of her own. I'm inclined to believe she is innocent at this point, and no it's not just because she said she would rather not vote for me...although that is an added plus!

Shasta has been rather quiet as well and seems to have been slipping under everyone's radar. He's had one post and it was to say that we have already been through Day 1....Did we not agree to completely erase the fact that we did that and NOT take that into consideration? I was under the impression we had. Although, he does bring up a rather good point that Wilwa has been the most vocal out of the group toDay. And then he drops us something....

[QUOTE=Shasta]
I may just have to pull out my Magic 8... uh.... I mean, my crystal ball. Yeah, that's it.[QUOTE}

A cryptic clue?? Or a furry tactic to make us think he's innocent? And I would not put it past him of the latter.

Which leaves Zil....I can't seem to get a read on him at this point.....I would like to hear a little more from him before I vote.

So my suspect thus far is Morsul, Izzy and Shasta. But I will wait a little while longer before I cast my vote.

Oh, and X'ed times 2 with Lottie
Old 01-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #38
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
One who pops out the most would be Izzy for two different reasons. One, she was the first to point it out. Two, she herself has posted very little. Why make the accusations when you yourself are doing so as well? Perhaps to hide a furry secret?
To be fair, I think she also said there were four wolves, so I'm not sure if she was entirely serious about that.

Quote:
Wilwa said she was basically just trying to get people posting, and it appears she was somewhat successful. I didn't think she was all that enthused about it herself, just trying to get reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
The first reaction. Inzil takes it seriously but asks what purpose it would serve. I must admit, this struck me as kind of evil at the time.
Quote:
Sally doesn't like the idea very much and wonders what use it would be. Knee-jerk reaction: innocent.
Quote:
So right now, my top suspect is Inzil, but Lari, Glirdan, or Nog could also be wolves, and that's only based on the Pen Pal Debates.
So, Sally and I say practically the same thing, yet somehow I'm evil and she isn't?

x/d with Lottie (ah! my first vote!) and Glirdan
Old 01-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #39
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Loslote, you say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Wilwa restates that she was joking.
of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
How do you interpret this as Wilwa "restating" (especially when she never said it in the first place) that she's joking? Trying to get conversation started is not the same thing as joking; an actual "joke" would probably do nothing to start conversation, since it isn't worth responding to at all.
It almost looks like you're trying to cover Wilwa's tracks for her.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #40
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Trying to get conversation started is not the same thing as joking; an actual "joke" would probably do nothing to start conversation, since it isn't worth responding to at all. It almost looks like you're trying to cover Wilwa's tracks for her.
Or maybe Lottie is trying to make us think this way? What if really, Lottie is just trying to sway us into thinking that Wilwa is a Wolf? Just playing devil's advocate here.