The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #121
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well, here's to begin the counting...

Valier 1 (Morm I)
Nogrod 2 (Kitanna II, Eomer III)
Jenny 1 (Mith IV)
Roa 1 (Maca V)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #122
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I have a vote? Are you sure, Mith?

No you are one of the voters for Nogrod . Kit is the other

Morm voted for Valier.

I voted for Jenny

Now Mac has voted for Roa.

Noggin, I would add that I thought it interesting that Jenny Hallu highlighted Valier's absence yesterday in her own first post.

Canadians being thin on the ground yesterday (game time) is in itself no more suspicious than Americans being other wise engaged tomorrow (real time). Now Valier is as good as anyone at keeping a low profile as a wolf but she is worth keeping around incase she does her "wolfsmeller pursuivant " thing ...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #123
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well after reading through what has happened, I believe out of our days candadates that Eomer is the more guilty party. I am unsure of both Jenny and Roa, but I do not have an overly high suspicion of them yet. Morm's vote for me is well... not unexpected. Morm tends to always think me bad, and we tend to butt heads some what. Nogrod seems to me like his usual self and I see no reason to kill him today. I hope we catch us a wolf today and not another poor innocent.

++Eomer
Old 07-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #124
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
You like Eomer seem to fall into the same trap, concentrating on one fiend at the time - discussing just one or two persons... We have three wolves and three has to be found before the village is secured.
Ah…a point. However, we can only deal with one at a time. Trying to do too much at one time only adds chaos and confusion.

Quote:
Nogrod, though I will likely keep arguing for your death, please know that, if you are innocent, you will more than likely be very useful after you are gone. While I am very reluctant to take your theories at face-value just now, I will obviously give them the greatest of respect if I know their creator was of a good heart.
Signore Eomer may very well have a compelling point...
Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #125
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A little jumpy Nogrod? Did I hit a nerve?

Quote:
She calls my speculation on Eomer a "strong agressive attack"? C'mon Roa! You know very well yourself, what I can do... and what is a strong aggressive attack in the first place - I've seen you build them too. Then as you have yourself labelled my thoughts of Eomer as a strong attack, you accuse me of being inconsistent or suspicious because I have said I'm toning down. Nice Roa. Very nice. Oh how suspicious!
Who's midunderstanding now? You have made a statement in several games in the past that you were trying to tone down your agressiveness. Now it's suddenly back up. It's a behavior change that I find startling and rather alarming.

And your agressiveness is certainly up now that you're under attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
First of all, an intentional misunderstanding. I didn't say Eomer should have "rescued" either Form or Glirdy. That was the whole point! We would have needed more people on the place to make a difference. I couldn't save them both and he couldn't have saved them both. So also asking why I didn't save Form is just continuing on the wrong tracks. So wishing to make me look like a culprit to the tragedy of yesterday (being herself one of those who voted for Form/Glirdy). Nice move Roa.
A misunderstanding indeed, but not intentional, and for that I apologize. But for not saving Form? You were there at the end when he made his statement, but it was Mith who made the last second save, not you. You conveniently dissapeared at that point, and this is point I am making.

I've already made an answer for my vote, and I wasn't there at the end to help or change my vote. You were, and you can't turn that back around on me.

Quote:
Well You know, there are people who speak or tell things (truthfully) and then there are people who just "claim" something. So I'm also the one who just claims being somewhere or done something. Very untrusty guy this Nogrod fellow, isn't he? Unfortunately you can check the last ten minutes of the last night. I was there. I don't only claim to have been there. The real problem is, that there were no others...
No, the real problem, as I've just stated, is that you suddenly weren't there when Form made his reveal.

Quote:
No one could have made the difference there alone! Go check the situation yourself for God's sake and stop being intentionally misleading. It's annoying (or then evil - you Roa know which one of these it is in your case). Some people here had voted stupidly and then refused to come back to help us out from the situation. To wolves that's just great, but for us others not.
Mith made the difference all by herself. You certainly didn't help her. So your statement is inherently false. Some people have to vote and leave because RL interferes. Scolding people for that is rather harsh of you. And I ask to refrain from using "stupid" as an attack. Everyone here is highly intelligent, and while we may have ade a mistake, we don't deserve that kind of debasement.

Quote:
And Bingo! She got the word "flip-flopping" included in the post! Yes, that Nogrod is also a flip-flopper! First of all, the accusation is wrong as I have tried to explain here. But secondly - and I think even more importantly, it's there to rouse suspicion (because everyone is so confident that anything someone names flip-floppy is bad). So ungrounded rhetorics once again.
News flash! Flip-flopping is bad. It's a sign of a wolf trying to please the crowd. It was a statement of my own observations, which I deem to be correct.

Quote:
Roa I have been pondering so far whether I could try to trust you on this game - it would be just so totally improbable that you were a baddie again. But as you are here trying to make a mountain out of a molehill just using only rhetorical means and intentionally misguided interpretations, and as I happen to know that their target is innocent, I'm getting somewhat alarmed. If you would be an ordo just missing the mark, you would have had been sharper, more intelligent, seeing actual connections or slips or whatever. Here you had none.
More intelligent? Ouch. Serously, I'm playing my best. I don't have the time I had last game to do huge analysis, but I will next Day. And if you aren't dead by then, you can expect an in depth analysis on you. I may be making a mountain out of a molehill, but that's what wolfish Ang and cobbler Jennysaid about my case against wolfish Boromir.

You may know your role, but we do not. So you can't accuse us all of looking for "an innocent' to lynch. I rather think that this "wolf on wolf" theory of Morm's regarding you and Kitanna may be right, but I'd have to look more closely at Kitanna, which I assure you I will.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #126
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Quote:
Noggin, I would add that I thought it interesting that Jenny Hallu highlighted Valier's absence yesterday in her own first post.

Canadians being thin on the ground yesterday (game time) is in itself no more suspicious than Americans being other wise engaged tomorrow (real time). Now Valier is as good as anyone at keeping a low profile as a wolf but she is worth keeping around incase she does her "wolfsmeller pursuivant " thing ...
What happened in Canadia yesterday? And Val is a Canadienne?

Oh. Hunh. I'm just used to tons of Val posting long before I get around to posting.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #127
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Times about up. After his display today, Nogrod is my number one suspect, so

++Nogrod

Hasta La Vista, wolfy.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I've seen an evil Roa to come back at the last minutes to secure her intended kill can't make it's way out of her net with a powerful rhetoric.

So you lynch me toDay, watch Roa really carefully!

Aggressive? Me? C'mon... Roa, you have seen me aggressive, this not even a half of it.

EDIT: X-posted with Jenny & Roa's vote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #129
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Noggie, frankly you are worrying me, but not enough to vote for you. I don't think.

My suspicion list is currently:
Mith
Kitanna
Roa
Noggie
Kuru

With the last three about tied. Not sure who I want to vote for yet. I'll hold off a bit.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #130
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, let's make this better today than yesterday.

As I have said, I could go for Kitanna, Roa, Eomer or Jenny.

One is never sure (and of those at least one is innocent), but these I think worth trying.

X-posted with Jenny
Old 07-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #131
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't want Nogrod dead as I find him a little too aggressive but not off the mark and as innocent as one can feel somebody else.

Out of those who already have a vote, Eomer seems the one most likely to me to catch up on Nogrod.

Sorry Eomer, if you happen to be innocent.

-- Roa

++ Eomer of the Rohirrim
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #132
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Remember that since we have no Seer and so many wolves, kills are likely to be turned towards those they see most as threats during the day, and those who leave the least trail during the night. I honestly am not sure enough of Noggie's guilt to vote for him, but without some retractions, Kuru and I are not enough to change the outcome.

X'ed with Mac...have I enough time to check out Eomer, who's flown under my radar? Time to see.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #133
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Eomer, if I may say it, has looked innocent all day today to me, and Noggie's attack on him seemed absolutely unfounded. Much more unfounded than Roa's on Noggie. Hmm..
Old 07-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #134
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Ok. I would have liked to try someone else of my list, but as you others seem so quiet, I'll try with this one then, just to save my neck (no gifteds around so at best an innocent for innocent).

++ Eomer
Old 07-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #135
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So
Nogrod 3
Eomer 3
Jenny & Valier 1
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #136
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Only Kuru and I left to vote, right? Or has Kuru voted and I missed it?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #137
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
No, you haven't.

Mr. Haran? Would you please?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #138
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I will not wait longer. I like neither choice presented, but Eomer seems reasonable, and you, Noggie, do not, but whether that mean you are a wolf or not...I can think of only one good way to find out.

++Nogrod
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #139
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Could we attempt to get through a day without last minute vote runoffs?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #140
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Kuru? Time's almost up...
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #141
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Well, my vote is now not going to do much since Nogrod will now get the axe.

I believe I shall be consistent with what I have said from the beginning of this DAY and vote…

++ Macalaure

I realize this is not much more than a protest vote, but I’m going to stick with my own suspicions.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #142
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. Thanks for the game.

Yes. I've been your helpful ordo trying to bring on some discussion and trying to find any clues for us to use. And as I saw at some point that I was getting heavily pressured I thought of making all out of it - to have a good sport myself and to leave you something to hunt the wolves toMorrow and the following Days.

Well, at least you can't say I didn't try to stir things up...

At lest you'll have something to read and think.

Best wishes & good luck.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #143
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

It could have saved Nog if casted a minute earlier.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #144
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
(I'm terribly sorry that this took so long, but there was no internet connection available. I'll have the wolf's kill up in a few moments after this, though they will be shorter than my usual epic story-posts.)

The camp was in high gear, pointing well trained fingers and debating alibis with bated breath. As Night drew nearer it was only clear that the future of Nogrod would be a considerably short one.

"How could you imply I'm the wolf!?" He shouted, throwing his hat on the ground. "I'm the splitting image of innocence! I'm concerned for... for..."
Eomer rolled his eyes and rubbed his fingers together "Yeah, yeah, and this is the world's smallest violin playing the world's sadest song."

"This is making my head hurt" Macalaure groaned, massaging his temples.
"Oh thats so bad? You're going to try to kill me!" barked Nogrod, blowing his whistle loudly into his ear.

Tired of the bickering, JennyHallu took matters into her own hands and gave Nogrod a hard slap on the back. Shocked, he swallowed his whistle, and grabbed his chest. With a painful last tweet Nogrod sprawlled out on the ground, dead. Waiting to see what would happen the camp members stared at their fallen whistle blower, but he wasn't going to be getting up again.

The Living:
Roa_Aoife- trick pilot, double-necked electric guitar.
Valier- town pickler, piccolo.
Macalaure- unskilled inventor of of funny fake occupation ideas, on the verge of bankruptcy, Tuba
Mithalwen- cat-herder, viola
JennyHallu- street corner doom-sayer, Aeolian wind harp
Mormegil- non-practicing wizard, triangle
Eomer of the Rohirrim- publican, double-bass
Kitanna- hermit, didgeridoo
Kuruharan- condottieri, flute

The Dead:
Valesse- Master Accordionist (Mod) stabbed with A Sharp key.
Gil-Galad- Artisan spoon player (Mod) choked on his musical spoons.
Glirdan- town musician, sax (Ordo) impailled on his music stand.
Formendacil- pirate, pipe organ (Seer) hung on a pipe organ yardarm.
Nogrod- idle fantasist, tin whistle (Ordo) asphyxiated on his whistle.

Last edited by Valesse; 07-05-2006 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Glirdan is not the living dead.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #145
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Remorsefully retiring, the campers found the silence terrifying. They knew that at any moment the wolves would attack another one of their peers, and they would be powerless to stop them. They waited, frowing at the top of their tents for any sound or clues that they might suddenly come upon to catch the culprits.

Hours had past and Mormegil wandered out to maybe swipe a drink out of Eomer's wet bar, when suddenly he felt a sharp pounding on his head, and heard a pretty little "Ting!". Whirlling around he felt his breath leave him. There stood three werewolves, grinning and holding his triangle.

"But... but thats pure silver! You shouldn't be able to touch it!" whimpered the wizard.
The first werewolf shrugged "perhaps its a loop hole." And with that proceeded to bludgeon Mormegil with his triangle.

Scratched into the dirt the next morning next to Mormegil's body there was a note from the wolves, demanding no one else should even think about mentioning uncloaking... they were having nightmares of their own.

The Living:
Roa_Aoife- trick pilot, double-necked electric guitar.
Valier- town pickler, piccolo.
Macalaure- unskilled inventor of of funny fake occupation ideas, on the verge of bankruptcy, Tuba
Mithalwen- cat-herder, viola
JennyHallu- street corner doom-sayer, Aeolian wind harp
Eomer of the Rohirrim- publican, double-bass
Kitanna- hermit, didgeridoo
Kuruharan- condottieri, flute

The Dead:
Valesse- Master Accordionist (Mod) stabbed with A Sharp key.
Gil-Galad- Artisan spoon player (Mod) choked on his musical spoons.
Glirdan- town musician, sax (Ordo) impailled on his music stand.
Formendacil- pirate, pipe organ (Seer) hung on a pipe organ yardarm.
Nogrod- idle fantasist, tin whistle (Ordo) asphyxiated on this whistle.
Mormegil- non-practicing wizard, triangle (Ordo) bludgeoned with his triangle.

Thus begins Day three

Last edited by Valesse; 07-05-2006 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Though the idea of a zombie in the camp is amusing...
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #146
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well that was not unexpected. Time to decide what was the squabbling of alpha-innocents and what was the squabbling of alpha-wolves. But no time for me now.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #147
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Night changes many thoughts

Looking at yesterDay's posting a second and a third time I have a clearer and a bit different view of things.

Things got interesting yesterDay with Nogrod's post #72, where he accused everybody for not being around at the end of Day 1. The flaw in it was, that he said that he alone could not have done anything. He could just have done anything to save Form and Glirdan and see if somebody shows up then. He didn't. Insomnia and smoking (#76 & #77) then make him focus his attention on Eomer, of whom he is sure that he was around. Eomer is honest and admits it (#82), but does not see any guilt in it. He defends himself convincingly, to me.

Then Jenny presents her analyses. Note that she thinks Roa (#88) and Kitanna (#90) more suspicious than Valier (#92) and Mith (#93).

Roa criticises Nogrod among other things (#96) and this will shortly after make things ugly. She intentionally or unintentionally misunderstands Nogrod. She says Nogrod is after Eomer for not voting, but he's after him for not participating at all. She accuses Nogrod of flip-flopping with weak reason and the tiny word "claims" made even my alarm bells ring.

The following posts by Kitanna (#97 & #101) are interesting. In the first she defends Eomer. In the second she starts with a criticism of Nogrod, adopting the misunderstanding of Roa saying she wouldn't have caught it without her. She says Nogrod wants to call the paths of the village and calls him fishy. What follows in that paragraph then actually does make some sense.
I don't know what you think, but her words leave me with a bad feeling. They seem more than a little sneaky to me. Hard to put it in words.
Then she analyses the reactions to Form's posts. 'Surprisingly' she finds Nogrod suspicious in her conclusions and part of this is plain wrong.
Her points about Kuru make me lift an eyebrow. This might (and I mean might) have been a mild wolf-on-wolf suspicion to look good if one is lynched. Kuru doesn't react to this in any way.
Roa is more on the innocent side to her.

Now Nogrod answers to Roa (#103), waiving all diplomacy goodbye and going toe-to-toe with her, not a wise move after just being toe-to-toe with Eomer. To him, her misunderstanding was intentional among other things. Calling innocent villagers who go after him pathetic in #105 was just not nice.

A few votes and minor important things after comes Roa's response to it (#125). She apologizes for her misunderstanding and finally I understand what she meant with Nogrod claiming to be there. But, Nogrod wanted to save both Form and Glirdan before Form's revelation which came right at the deadline - when Nogrod presumably had already given up and wasn't reloading the page every 10 seconds any more.
The more Roa writes the angrier she gets and it's this what makes her believable to me. Not everything she says is justified, but her outrage feels real: she seems to just have read Nogrod's accusation.
He then accuses her of posting the answer late intentionally so he cannot answer, but I don't think so.

We're getting closer to the deadline and Jenny sees the only possibilities for voting to be Nogrod and Eomer. Eomer flew under her radar so far and she waits to quickly check him out. She comes to the conclusion that Nogrod is a bit more suspicious than Eomer and votes for him 2 minutes before deadline. If she was a wolf and so was Eomer, I don't think she would have waited, since Eomer was one retraction or vote by Kuru away from being lynched. But, Jenny, if I understand you right, then Roa and Kitanna were two of your top suspects. They both voted for Nogrod, too!

The Day ended with Kuruharan. Kuru, where were you yesterDay between 2:34 and 2:59? You were around and could have made the difference which you then lamented of not having. Very, very strange.
Very convenient to him, be he wolf or not, was agreeing to Eomer in #124, that even lynching an innocent Nogrod has its benefits. One benefit for Kuru is not having been suspicious to Nogrod.

After all, my suspicion of Roa decreased. I still think that either she or Kitanna is a wolf, but Kitanna's teaming up with Roa is one-sided, so it is Kitanna who's on the top of my list.
Kuruharan seems very odd to me.
I still don't know what to do with Eomer.
Jenny, Mith and Valier look more innocent to me.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #148
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Bongiorno amici! You’ll have to excuse me as my beloved homeland’s magnificent and well-deserved victory has me virtually incoherent with joy!!

Signorina Kitanna has been laying low. However, this is normal for her. She’s not the most talkative around. She was the first to vote Nogrod yesterDAY.

Signore Eomer is an individual that I’ve wobbled back and forth on like a drunken football reveler headed for the latrine. At first I thought he was acting guilty. When it came to crunch time yesterDAY, I didn’t think he seemed so bad. Now I’m now wobbling back toward “I think he’s a bit furry” if for no other reason than Nogrod suspected him so strongly and it is good for Eomer that he is gone. Either way, I would dearly love to have some certain information regarding him.

Signorina Mithalwen has also been acting a bit odd throughout…(voted for Signora JennyHallu yesterDAY…now there’s a thought!)

Signora Roa_Aoife was a bit aggressive in her attacks yesterDAY. However, I think this actually speaks in her favor as reckless aggression is about the worst thing a wolf can indulge in.

Signore Mormegil was also rather repetitive in his suspicions of Signorina Valier. Perhaps this is another line on inquiry we should pursue.

Oddly enough, I’m now a little less suspicious of Signore Macalaure as his pouting at the end of the DAY (post # 143) seem sort of innocent (although it could very well be a ploy).
Old 07-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #149
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Double Posting - Oops!

Quote:
Kuru, where were you yesterDay between 2:34 and 2:59?
Obviously, I was re-reading the thread. It had the reaction of causing me to doubt the utility of voting for either Signore Eomer or Signore Nogrod. I thought it was a choice that didn't amount to much as it seemed equally possible that both might be wolves or innocent. Unfortunately, we could only find out about one at a time.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #150
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
The more Roa writes the angrier she gets and it's this what makes her believable to me. Not everything she says is justified, but her outrage feels real: she seems to just have read Nogrod's accusation.
One comment I'd like to make is that Roa is past-mistress of using righteous anger to mask herself. She almost always gets mad at somebody...and it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not she's wolvish.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #151
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Signore Eomer is an individual that I’ve wobbled back and forth on like a drunken football reveler headed for the latrine. At first I thought he was acting guilty. When it came to crunch time yesterDAY, I didn’t think he seemed so bad. Now I’m now wobbling back toward “I think he’s a bit furry” if for no other reason than Nogrod suspected him so strongly and it is good for Eomer that he is gone. Either way, I would dearly love to have some certain information regarding him.
Would you give a reason why he suddenly was off your screen? Especially because:
Quote:
Signora Roa_Aoife was a bit aggressive in her attacks yesterDAY. However, I think this actually speaks in her favor as reckless aggression is about the worst thing a wolf can indulge in.
If that is so, then Nogrod must have been crowned by a halo to you. If both you and Eomer are wolves, a possibility that I don't think is improbable, then the ceasing of suspicion of him at crunch time really came in handy.

Quote:
You’ll have to excuse me as my beloved homeland’s magnificent and well-deserved victory has me virtually incoherent with joy!!
Arrr! Lynch him, lynch him I say! Lynch him good!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #152
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Mama mia! Not much is happening here.

Quote:
Would you give a reason why he suddenly was off your screen? Especially because:
Quote:
If that is so, then Nogrod must have been crowned by a halo to you. If both you and Eomer are wolves, a possibility that I don't think is improbable, then the ceasing of suspicion of him at crunch time really came in handy.
Ah! Because Signora Roa's reckless aggression was all focused in on one individual. Signore Nogrod's reckless aggression was focused on everybody and their mother. The Signore's aggression was of a moderately wolfish kind in that it will stir up more chaos and confusion, which is what a wolf wants to do. It is extremely imprudent for an ordo to indulge in reckless aggression against a single individual because it is likely that at some point you will find out...and if they are innocent...infama! Sensible ordos don't do it. I wouldn't put it past Signora Roa to try a bluff like this, but perhaps we can indulge her for the present.

Signore Eomer was off my screen because he seemed to have been behaving in a reasonable manner given the circumstances. You also must remember (something you seem to have conveniently forgotten since the end of yesterDAY) that, at the time, there was no reason to think either Signore Nogrod or Signore Eomer to be innocent. It seemed to be to be six of one and half-a-dozen of the other. We could only find out about one at a time (why has this obvious fact been so hard to impress upon certain people?)

Signore Eomer has been in this game very difficult to read. This may ultimately come to haunt him.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #153
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Nogrod was a bit angry about everybody in the beginning for not showing up. Aggressive he was only towards Eomer and Roa.

Though wolves like to cause confusion, they usually don't like to get the rope for it. Nogrod didn't seem to mind a lot.

Alright, in a way the lynching of Nogrod was good. He left trails. If we lynched Eomer and found him innocent, we would have had close to nothing. I was a bit one-sided about this because I was very confident about Nogrod's innocence. However, I haven't conveniently forgotten anything. Notice that I don't attack Jenny for voting Nogrod.

But your near-deadline behaviour of yesterDay is still shady to me. I'd really like to hear more opinions about it. Come on, people! Good weather is no excuse for not sitting at your computer.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #154
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'm here, and will hopefully have something more to add in a bit. One thought which strikes me is this. The wolves did not want Nogrod dead. He was a loudmouth and was making enemies and attracting suspicion like a flashy enemy-making-suspicion-attracting supercomputer.

Obviously this makes me look good because I voted for him ( ) but I think the point is still worth thinking about. The wolves would likely rely on the rest of the Ordos to round up the trouble-causing Nogrod. The wolves could afford to just stay the hell away from that battle, thinking they would look good in the process.

And no, that's not shady manipulation: I take great responsibility for Nogrod's death and am sorry about it. It took a couple of bottles of stiff whisky to get some shut-eye last night.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #155
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield Yesterday's voting

Mormegil for Valier: (Valier 1)

Kitanna for Nogrod: (Valier 1; Nogrod 1)

Eomer for Nogrod: (Valier 1; Nogrod 2)

Mithalwen for JennyHallu: (Valier 1; Nogrod 2; JennyHallu 1)

Macalaure for Roa_Aoife: (Valier 1; Nogrod 2; JennyHallu 1; Roa_Aoife 1)

Valier for Eomer: (Valier 1; Nogrod 2; JennyHallu1; Roa_Aoife 1; Eomer 1)

Roa_Aoife for Nogrod: (Valier 1; Nogrod 3; JennyHallu 1; Roa_Aoife 1; Eomer 1)

Macalaure switches from Roa to Eomer: (Valier 1; Nogrod 3; JennyHallu 1; Eomer 2)

Nogrod for Eomer: (Valier 1; Nogrod 3; JennyHallu 1; Eomer 3)

JennyHallu for Nogrod: (Valier 1; Nogrod 4; JennyHallu 1; Eomer 3)

Kuruharan for Macalaure: (Valier 1; Nogrod 4; JennyHallu 1; Eomer 3; Macalaure 1)
Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #156
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Kuruharan and Macalaure are playing us like fiddles. See them tease each other about jumpiness! See Mac vote for Roa in the hope of turning her into the next Nogrod-style-sacrifice (loud, argumentative players are good sport). See Kuru vote for Mac at the end yesterday, calling it 'a protest-vote'. See them setting up opposite camps today.

See them grinning behind those huge, sharp teeth!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #157
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Eomer, I do not wonder but that you might be right about those two. I have not felt comfortable with Kuruharan all game, and I wonder that his quietness over the past two days is suddenly supplanted with discussion between himself and Mac. I still think that either Roa or Kitanna are wolves, but Kuru is definitely also a suspect.
So, incidentally, are you, but certainly not high on my list.

Mith also rounds out my list of worrisome characters.

This unfortunately leaves only Val and myself as people I'm sure are innocent. *sigh*

For now though, I think I know where my vote should be.

++Kuruharan

I'll try to be here through the rest of the day, but I don't know how much time I'll have for discussion.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 07-05-2006 at 10:15 AM. Reason: bolded my vote
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #158
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

First off, I apologize for my lateness. (See TiGJ for more info.)

Secondly, Nogrod was innocent, so now I'm stumped. I'm still going to do my analysis of Kitanna, but my main suspicion of her was Nogrod's continual attack on her. Also, someone with more time may want to start analysis of the Nogrod and Eomer bandwagons. I'll see if I can get to a few before time runs out.

Eomer... your point about Mac and Kuru may have some merit, but I'd like to see where you get that from first.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #159
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Nogrod, though I will likely keep arguing for your death, please know that, if you are innocent, you will more than likely be very useful after you are gone. While I am very reluctant to take your theories at face-value just now, I will obviously give them the greatest of respect if I know their creator was of a good heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
The wolves did not want Nogrod dead. He was a loudmouth and was making enemies and attracting suspicion like a flashy enemy-making-suspicion-attracting supercomputer.
So much for that.

Nogrod's theories were mainly against you, Roa and Kitanna. These three voted for him (and Jenny). Now, if the wolves didn't want him dead, none of these four is guilty. So, in a quite polemical way, you say his theories, that you claim to have the greatest of respect for, are wrong. Well, maybe they are, but don't they deserve a little more heed?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #160
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry, sorry, sorry!!!!! My computer is now on the frits!!! So hopefully it stays on for the rest of the day! I will be around today and I will be back after I read through the day's posts.