The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #121
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Further clarification regarding the Angel/Ranger role: they may protect the same person no more than two nights in a row. They may protect themselves once only during the game.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #122
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Alona is having trouble getting on the Downs. She just wanted everyone to know.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #123
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
No one wants to counter-reveal Sally? Or vote for themselves? Or come back from the dead? Or even better, admit their wolfyness?
Dangnabit!! You ruined my secret plan of not actually being dead and coming back to life in two Day's time!!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #124
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sally won't be able to make it back on.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #125
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Dangnabit!! You ruined my secret plan of not actually being dead and coming back to life in two Day's time!!
Haven't you figured it out yet dear, my goal in life is to foil every plan you have.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #126
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thanks guys. Happy wolf-hunting.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #127
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Frack. Many apologies for not making the deadline, I haven't been near a computer nearly all day - I've been at vocal rehearsals.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #128
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey, question: is anybody benefiting from the inclusion of the video links in the narration? It doesn't matter whether you are or not, I'll continue to put them in for my own benefit , but I'm still curious.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #129
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Hey, question: is anybody benefiting from the inclusion of the video links in the narration? It doesn't matter whether you are or not, I'll continue to put them in for my own benefit , but I'm still curious.
I find them entertaining, but I haven't gleaned any game information from them, if that's what you mean. Maybe I ought to look at them all again.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #130
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Further clarification regarding the Angel/Ranger role: they may protect the same person no more than two nights in a row. They may protect themselves once only during the game.
1.21 giga-whats?! Frickin' sweet.

Erm, I mean, I'm sorry I wasn't here. No internet at the spawns' house and Duck can only take so much dictation. *hugs her*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #131
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I find them entertaining, but I haven't gleaned any game information from them, if that's what you mean. Maybe I ought to look at them all again.
Nah, I just wanted to know if you were watching and enjoying them.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #132
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Sorry, couldn't resist!!

So I hopped on the computer, fully intending on checking up on the progress of the game, but first I checked my Facebook and lo and behold I had received a message from Alona telling me to check out this post:

Quote:
Now, when I play with Glirdan on the other hand, it's quite nice getting a little RL break from him! Especially cause we're always trying to kill each other in the games and I think we both kinda bug each other because our playing styles are soooo different and we surprisingly suck at reading each other, real test of our friendship! (would love it if he saw this )
And then I happen upon this:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alona
Haha! ...I mean I'm not sending this to him via Facebook message, what are you talking about?
Haha Loving the image I have in my head of his reaction....
Just for the record, I got a good kick outta this!! And for everyone else, everything in that is true!! We really do have to avoid contact with each other until we're dead and we really do suck at reading each other!! But that's what makes it fun!!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #133
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I may or may not be conscious at the start of toDay. If I'm still alive come Dawn but I don't show up never fear; I'll pop on eventually. Just lettin' you know.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Okay, so this might get me in trouble, but I'm going to say it anyway for clarity's sake especially now that Sally's been killed. Since she and I were on for most of yesterDay, we ended up talking about the game while simultaneously posting on the thread. The main point of our conversation was covered and posted on the thread when Sally basically asked if it was all right if I sacrificed myself as a lynch so the Ranger wouldn't get lynched. Now, at the time, I was okay with her setting me up as the Ranger as a hopeful hint to the wolves to go after me instead of trying to lynch or Night kill the real Ranger.

I'd just like to point out that while yes, Alona and I were talking about the game on IM, it was a hypothetical and teasing conversation. No actual game information was exchanged. Just wanted to make that clear.

And obviously I can't say what we talked about last Night after I died, so I won't. But yeah. Just so's ya know.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #135
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, my death may or may not have made me squee with happy randomness. ^_^
Old 01-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #136
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm sorry.
But why exactly are there players conversing about the game, while the game is going on - outside of the thread?
Even if hypothetical.
I was under the impression that unless given specific instructions that you could - no outside communication involving the game was allowed between players.

This rule isn't new, so I'm deeply confused as to why it is going on.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #137
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I'm sorry.
But why exactly are there players conversing about the game, while the game is going on - outside of the thread?
Even if hypothetical.
I was under the impression that unless given specific instructions that you could - no outside communication involving the game was allowed between players.

This rule isn't new, so I'm deeply confused as to why it is going on.
To be honest I had just told her that I'd written a parody about my dream (which everyone already knew at the time anyway). Joking and banter continued and I was admittedly ill enough I wasn't thinking the straightest so we kept kidding each other until I realized, "Wait a minute, we're both still alive. Abort! Abort!" Not that that helps any, but I wanted to clear it up because from Alona's post on the game thread it looked like we were in cahoots on IM talking about strategy and the game when in fact we weren't; I got a bit off-topic in my illness and started talking about the game without entirely realizing it. So I just offered my above post as clarification to any who thought we might have been doing bad stuffs.

And now I've gotta have a nap so I can wake up at DL and find out who is right and who is dead. (I'm hoping at least one person figures out the movie reference in that.) Oh, and Izzy, you'll enjoy watching much more if you have popcorn. I know I am!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #138
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

ToNight, the deadline shall be extended by 2 hours 10:00 pm PST.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #139
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
ToNight, the deadline shall be extended by 2 hours 10:00 pm PST.

You're killing me with the suspense Gwath, I can't stay up that late so now I have to wait til morning. Driving me nuts!