The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #41
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*applauds Elrothiel*
Old 09-10-2003, 02:17 PM   #42
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I'm just ****ed off today.
Heh. being ****ed off one day seems to cost many people their account (temporarily). Have fun should the bw see what he calls inappropriate language in your post. By the way, I am not opposed to legolas-lovers as he is one of my favorite characters. I'm opposed to drooling masses of girls that don't drool over the character, but rather the actor. Therefore, what I said doesn't apply to you, & what you said doesn't apply to me.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 02:33 PM   #43
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

Quote:
This world is so damn corrupted! Why can't people just GET ALONG!?
What is everyone's damn PROBLEM!? Is it really that necessary to make someone's life a living hell just because of what she/he likes or believes in? Is it!? It seems to be in this world, and I want to see it changed!
::Bursts into song:: 'Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?'::followed by a hobbit jig:: ::gets odd looks, settles down::
Quote:
I like threatening guys too! It simply depends on who I prefer more on that particular day. Non threatening guys are great, and threatening ones add thrill.
My thoughts exactly! Finally spmeone who understands as opposed to muttering stuff like 'ya don't know what ya want; make up yer damn mind already' [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
This thread looks like it's gonna live for a loong time - that is until the Barrow-wight loses patience and shuts it down [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2003, 02:56 PM   #44
Elróthiel
Animated Skeleton

Location: Heaven, where Middle-earth and Zion are fused and all the guys are sexy beasts!
Elróthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Heh. being ****ed off one day seems to cost many people their account (temporarily). Have fun should the bw see what he calls inappropriate language in your post. By the way, I am not opposed to legolas-lovers as he is one of my favorite characters. I'm opposed to drooling masses of girls that don't drool over the character, but rather the actor. Therefore, what I said doesn't apply to you, & what you said doesn't apply to me.
OK, basically you misunderstood me. I was getting annoyed at the people who hate Legolas simply because of blithering idiots. I wasn't calling you a blithering idiot, and I didn't mean to offend you, but the way I read your reply it sounded as though you were annoyed at me. I'm sorry if I annoyed you. I was not directing my anger at you, nor any individual. I was directing my anger at the world, and blithering idiots.

Quote:
posted September 10, 2003 04:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This world is so damn corrupted! Why can't people just GET ALONG!?
What is everyone's damn PROBLEM!? Is it really that necessary to make someone's life a living hell just because of what she/he likes or believes in? Is it!? It seems to be in this world, and I want to see it changed!

::Bursts into song:: 'Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?'::followed by a hobbit jig:: ::gets odd looks, settles down::

quote:
I like threatening guys too! It simply depends on who I prefer more on that particular day. Non threatening guys are great, and threatening ones add thrill.

My thoughts exactly! Finally someone who understands as opposed to muttering stuff like 'ya don't know what ya want; make up yer damn mind already'
Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I get "annoyed" at people who can't see why eclectic people are eclectic.
Those people are shallow. If I don't know what I want, I guess I'll just have to have both! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Quote:
*applauds Elrothiel*
Gee, thanks Meela! I like being applauded! I was trying to put across my view, and for some reason I just got a vision of myself saying all that in front of a huge crowd of people. Meh! Maybe that'll happen some day! Cool!

BTW I'm still "annoyed" at the world, I can just hide it easily. I just blew up there.
From
Elróthiel, the Insane Elven Goddess of Hilariosity and Laughter Who Sees the Corruption of the World Today!
Old 09-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #45
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

Quote:
Hardly something that should be discussed on a only 'all Tolkien all the time' forum such as this one.

Quote:
I was not directing my anger at you, nor any individual.
I hardly thought you were.

Quote:
OK, basically you misunderstood me. I was getting annoyed at the people who hate Legolas simply because of blithering idiots.
I understood that. Although I can't say I've ever come across someone like that (not even me).

Quote:
but the way I read your reply it sounded as though you were annoyed at me.
That's because I was/am.

Quote:
I can just hide it easily.
An excellent skill. No offense, but I suggest you exercise it a little more often.

Elrothiel: Don't get me wrong. I'm usually very approachable, it's just that you've kind've ****ed me off today.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:11 PM   #46
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This thread is in Middle Earth Mirth. It is not a place to list things and stereotypes that you hate, nor is it the place to toss verbal barbs at one another. Please keep the cursing and general rudeness to a minimum and make it a priority to write merry, possibly sarcastic (but not mean or offensive), intelligent and humorous on-topic posts.

[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]
Old 09-10-2003, 05:47 PM   #47
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Fine by me. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 09-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #48
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Yeah, same here (and I am a teenager)
Me, too. But the only time I act like a fangirl is in theater class. (keyword:ACT)

Nice rant, Elrothiel! I certainly agree with you on the corruption of the world. I like to spend my spare time dreaming up plots against all those "blithering idiots"(good description by the way) Which involve bringing a boombox to scool and playing celtic music at top volume (seriously, some peope at my school bring boomboxes and listen to loud rap durnig lunch. SOOO annoying!)(not that I have anything against rap, it's the lyrics I find obnoxious. I have heard some rap which I really like, but the sad fact is that most rap swears excessively.)

My opinion on fangirl-squeals: If you squeal, you sound like a pig. Most undignified.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:55 PM   #49
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Yes sir, Lord of Angmar sir!

Through the fields of day,
Though dark may cloud the way,
We shall brightly shine
Shine on, this light of mine.

(Erm, a Legolas poem, please O my Brain?)

Once, on a journey, travelling 'round
Our resident Elf heard a terrible sound
And turning, he beheld such a sight
A dark host, going swiftly, would catch him ere night!

So speeding his feet, he ran through the glen,
And turning, he tripped on a root, but then!
What happened to him I shudder to tell,
For upon him came creatures both awful and fell!

The fangirls! They shrieked as they pulled at his hair,
He howled "Please, I implore you, beware!"
But for the best of an hour they inspired him to fright,
And never did stop, though day turned to night.

But lo! What do I see over yonder?
'Tis a sight to behold, to think over, and ponder!
The fans from the 'Downs, with a chorus of "Hey!
"What the heck are you doing, you lamentable fey!"

With a shriek and a bellow, the fangirls took wing,
And Legolas, what a pitiful thing!
He stood up, and woe, he sure was a mess!
But he bowed with great grace and began to confess:

"I thank you, my friends, for coming to aid,
For through you my sanity has thus been saved.
I fear that I could not fight them, forsooth,
Besides being laidies, I cannot harm youth."

So thus we all saw our warrior stand tall,
And with a flash we saw it all!
He was no craven, but warrior bold
But in nobility, his heart was of gold!

Wow. Inspired. *blink* Well. Hmm. Nothing to say now.

[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:06 PM   #50
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

OOOhhh...Excellent poem, Oddwen! I wish I could think up something like that! *Applauds loudly*
Old 09-10-2003, 08:12 PM   #51
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Thank you, Ellenar!

Dedicated to Horse Maiden of the Shire:

A tisket, a tasket,
I think I'm going spaztic
The fangirls speak of One they love
I tell of death so tragic

Old 09-11-2003, 04:36 AM   #52
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

When I squeal, I sound more like a Nazgul than a pig. With a bit of very ill Frodo thrown in.

And I shamelessly admit to recently becoming hopelessly devoted to Orlando Bloom, and somewhat to Legolas also. Perhaps more Legolas than Orlando. But I do not squeal, my walls are covered in almost no Orlando pictures, I don't think about him that often, I humour and criticise him without any real bad feelings, and there are no sites of his on my favourites list, nor am I a member of his fan clubs, or listed on fanlists. I do not buy magazines just for articles on him, unless they are related to a film I particularly like (but I did think about how interesting it would be if they brought out a magazine devoted to him).

I am a sane Orlando interestee. Not a fan... just a mild follower because I like him, he's a good actor, and he gets roles in films that happen to interest me.

See? Normal fans do exist [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 01:50 PM   #53
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
See? Normal fans do exist [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
And I'm now one of them!!!

I was so truly, thouroughly, [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]HATED [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] what PJ did to Legolas, and I was so truly, thouroughly, [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] DISGUSTED [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] with the way girls (BUT NOT ME!) drooled over Bloom, that I ended up hating him (Bloom, not PJ).

Then I watched PotC, and everything's peachy! I got to see Orlando when he wasn't intruding, and realized what a PHENOMENAL actor he is. If I were that kind of girl, I might actually like him. The way it is, I love his acting.

Lovely story, is it not?

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Kates Frodo Temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:15 PM   #54
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

What is so bad about drooling, exactly? I drool over Orlando. Quite a lot, in fact. He's young and good looking. Drooling over good looking men is great. Obviously the screaming and drooling to the world is a bit extreme, but I like drooling and will fight for it's continuation.

I'm full of total nonsense, aren't I? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #55
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
PHENOMENAL actor he is
He is a pretty good actor, but:

*In LotR he was overshadowed by Viggo Mortenson, Sean Bean, & Ian McKellan (to name a few).

*In PotC he was way overshadowed by Johnny Depp.

So he's had some bad luck [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] .
Old 09-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #56
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
What is so bad about drooling, exactly?
Not only drooling. What I mean by exsesive is the 'rabid' fans. & I think you know what I mean my that. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2003, 12:48 AM   #57
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Not only drooling. What I mean by exsesive is the 'rabid' fans. & I think you know what I mean my that.
Hmmm...so, Estel, perhaps this is a syndrome and should be treated as such! I have seen other sites that employ drool buckets fastened to the chin of the sufferer that help to keep the walkways and great halls from becoming great canals of drool for the unwary to slip upon! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Maybe there is a shot you can take for it? And I suppose those rabid Legolas fans who haven't read the books can't complain TOO much if someone plays a nasty trick and tells them that a great dinosaur suddenly rears up on the Paths of the Dead and swallows the Prince of Mirkwood whole! (pictures Terry Gilliam animation with Orlando's legs flailing from its great sharp-toothed mouth...)

And this has been...a bit of fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Now back to your regularly scheduled madness!

Cheers,
Lyta

[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:08 PM   #58
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

The only problem with drooling is that it gets mighty boring very soon. I mean, no matter how much I like a guy, I get sick to death in no time of "oooh, he's so cute" and "omg, check out his gorgeous eyes!" I mean, there's only so much new ideas in a drooling session. It gets repetitive and therefore boring.

Quote:
drool buckets fastened to the chin of the sufferer
LOL - that's funny. Other sites employ a drool police that deletes posts that are too 'drooly.'
Well, it appears that despite my proud statement that I am totally disinterested in either Lego or Monsieur Bloom, I keep checking on this thread. Could I be infected too?? btw, I didn't se PotC but I plan on seeing Troy - then I'll give an opinion on his acting ability as well. in LOTR it is indeed hard to tell.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:01 PM   #59
Forest Walker
Animated Skeleton

Forest Walker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Forest Walker
Sting

I want to see Troy too, but mainly because I have quite an obsession with ancient Myths. Besides, it's my heritage (my grandfather is Greek). But, my God, can you imgine the amount of drooling after that film! I hope he get's cast ion some un-romantic movie soon, so i can give a valid opinion of his acting.

Btw, did anyone else think that he kept acting in an elvish way in PotC? i dunno, sometimes he seemed like Legolas in disguise.
Forest Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #60
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Do you mean by his voice? He was very well spoken, like Legolas. But I didn't think of him as any bit elvish.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #61
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

Quote:
Hmmm...so, Estel, perhaps this is a syndrome and should be treated as such! I have seen other sites that employ drool buckets fastened to the chin of the sufferer that help to keep the walkways and great halls from becoming great canals of drool for the unwary to slip upon! Maybe there is a shot you can take for it? And I suppose those rabid Legolas fans who haven't read the books can't complain TOO much if someone plays a nasty trick and tells them that a great dinosaur suddenly rears up on the Paths of the Dead and swallows the Prince of Mirkwood whole!
Hmm, do I detect a hint of sarcasim? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh well. Hey, I don't mind spreading around that rumour if you'll help me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #62
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

Quote:
I want to see Troy too, but mainly because I have quite an obsession with ancient Myths.
Same here! I've been waiting for such a movie to be made, since...well, since I first read the epic. However, it's going to be as nerveracking as with LOTR - it seems they're planning to make some changes to the myth I won't be happy with!
On the other hand, I'm really curious how Orlando will handle himself in this role - especially alongside Peter O'Toole (the guy's a legend!) and a few other extremely talented individuals.
To overshadow or to be overshadowed - that is the question... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 05:53 PM   #63
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Stay on topic, Evisse. The LOTR Actors in Other Movies thread was shut down for being too unrelated to the works of Professor Tolkien and Peter Jackson.

I would like to shift gears on this topic now. It was not meant to be a discussion of Mr. Orlando Bloom's acting merits nor was it intended as a place to post complaints about Bloom fans. Try to write humorous poems, stories, articles or anything about the Prince of Mirkwood. Comparisons between Bloom Legolas and Book Legolas are fine but try to make them humorous and not digressive from the intent of the thread.

Meela's, Oddwen's and Ainaserkewen's posts (at least, most of them) are examples of good contributions to this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Keep up the good work.

[ September 13, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]
Old 09-13-2003, 06:49 PM   #64
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like legolas in the book and the movie but I'm not a drooling fan of his. My favorite character is Frodo actually,

I just wanted to mention that I understand what the person (sorry can't find the post and your name) who said their dad was a Legolas fan. So is my Grandpa. He thinks Legolas is the coolest guy in the movie. I think thats kind of funny!!! Sorry I don't have a poem to include
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #65
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

Quote:
Stay on topic, Evisse. The LOTR Actors in Other Movies thread was shut down for being too unrelated to the works of Professor Tolkien and Peter Jackson.
Soory. I don't know that thread, but it sounds like something I would have wanted to read [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Okay, I don't have a story that I made but I want to provide a link to one of the most wonderful pieces of LOTR fanfic that graced the net. It portrays the character of Legolas beautifully - it is a 'missing scene' fic: when Gimli takes Legolas to see the Glittering Caves. It's very in character and really 'Tolkienesque':
Aglarond

[ September 17, 2003: Message edited by: Evisse the Blue ]
Old 09-17-2003, 03:04 PM   #66
Pirate Lailosse

Tolkien

I think 'legolas' is alright but Orlando Bloom is a horrible actor. Get over it, girls out there, if a guy can't act, it's not much to go on here. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 03:08 PM   #67
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I think 'legolas' is alright but Orlando Bloom is a horrible actor.
I do like Legolas (I'm male if you must know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), but I don't think Orlando does a horrible job of acting. Occasionaly his acting is a bit suspect, but he's better than some of seen/heard. Just give him time...he's still very early in his career.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:36 PM   #68
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting

I don't know as he's a bad actor exactly, but I don't really care for his style.

There once was an actor named Orli
Whose career was progressing quite slowly
But he was cast as an elf
Thus projecting himself
To fame, fortune, and glory

Old 09-17-2003, 07:54 PM   #69
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Just give him time...he's still very early in his career.
Yeah... Go easy on him. I'd never be able to do half of what he's accomplished. I don't think he's that bad, either.

As for Legolas... My opinion? I love to tease him, especially the movie-Legolas, but I love him [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] He's a cool elf dude! Who can resist his cool-ness?! And I love his relationship with Gimli. The whole 'years of fighting comes to an end' thing... Yep. Just thought I'd put in my two cents. Or three...
Old 09-17-2003, 09:06 PM   #70
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

WOW...ive been waiting for this for quite some time now...lol i see how people COULD get annoyed by girls talking about orlando and elijah or whoever...but its only annoying if your not in it. but if you ARE in it its alot of fun.
its kinda like...
...on the way back from basketball (and volleyball) games last year ALL the people did was play a game called big booty (some of yall might be familliar with it) ITS SO ANNOYING...but when your playing its got to be one of the funnest (yes, i believe funnest is a word) games ive ever played. but anyway...
that was kinda random. i bet your prolly wondering what the heck im on...but the only thing im on is...well..im not on anything i jus need sleep. but ANYWAY...yeah, i do like ORLANDO ALOT. and if it wasnt for Elijah i prolly wouldnt like lord of the rings or even know what it is. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] so basicly...no elijah, no love with lord of the rings for me. but now i dont like elijah anymore. even since my mom said he looked like my cousin...that was kinda a turn off...lol NO KIDDING... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ok, well...im gonna go and try and get some sleep...

~^~`~^~`~^~`~^
<*good night*>
~^~`~^~`~^~`~^

sleep tight [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] lol
Old 09-18-2003, 04:37 AM   #71
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

And I'm the one being told to stay on topic [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 11:47 PM   #72
Pirate Lailosse

I once had a story...a story of this.

I glanced on to a forest grave,
The grave glanced on to me.
On the grave I stood;
"Prince of Mirkwood"
I understood.

That poor dear elf, killed by
Unmercyfull words of folk,
Who once said-
"That elf is a joke!!"

I really do like that poor guy. He may not be the best as believable on screen but how would you like it if there are so many people out there, who know you as "That HOT blonde elf guy?" I wish people would know legolas as 'legolas' and not some pin-up boy in every girl's locker.

So heres looking at you, Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood! (I wanted to add this to my rather harsher statement a little earlier on the actor's...well acting.)null
Old 09-19-2003, 03:46 AM   #73
Forest Walker
Animated Skeleton

Forest Walker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Forest Walker
Sting

Quote:
I wish people would know legolas as 'legolas' and not some pin-up boy in every girl's locker.
That is true, it kinda sucks having legolas equated with orlando bloom. But then I guess that's the divide between ppl whi have read the books and people who have only seen the movie.
Sometimes I think it'd be cool if they had LotR as required reading in schools. But that might just out some ppl off it. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

(this is the last time i'll post off topic, I swear: Ugh, I bet they make Troy have a happy ending [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] )

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Forest Walker ]
Forest Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:03 AM   #74
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

I liked your poem, Pirate Lailosse!
How about a sig that goes like: "Anytime you make undermining remarks about Legolas, an elf dies". or something along thiese lines...
Old 09-19-2003, 11:16 AM   #75
Pirate Lailosse

Thumbs up

Evisse the Blue-Thank you and that would be funny to have that saying. Go Elven folk!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #76
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahh great poems! Unfortunately I'm no good at that kind of thing, so I won't even attempt it.

Quote:
i like both orlando bloom and legolas. I dont really have a problem with leggyboppers because whenever i mention LOTR in my school all i get is blank stares or "I bet you like that hot elf guy, what's his name? Orlando Blue?" but oh well.
'Tis interesting, I don't have that problem at all. Perhaps because I go to a girls' school and almost everyone has seen the films.

Quote:
If you don't mind my asking (I am male, so I can't really know the answer to this), why do the fangirls like him so much? I know each must have different reasons (or at least I hope so), but still, surely not every female can have the same taste, just like every male doesn't. I've always been curious to why he has such a massive following.
I think the person who answered this hit the nail on the head. I was going to say that I have not the slightest clue, because I didn't exactly choose to like him. I just suddenly did [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Leggyboppers - Should all be cruelly punished using the slow torture methods I spend my spare time thinking up.
Ahh the poor things...maybe they don't realise how annoying they are? I do, my friends tell me how annoying it is all the time. Therefore I refrain from talking about OB 24/7. Can I now be excused from this torture???

Quote:
So by rights the Orli fangirls and the Leggyboppers should be two different groups, but in my experience that is hardly the case.
In my experience there are three groups. The Orli group, the Leggyboppers group and the Both group. I'm kind of both, but more Orli. I have posters of Lord of the Rings all over my room, just one of Orli and...er...just...3 of Legolas *ducks flying tomatoes*

And hell, I liked the books first. Ok? My favourite character was Aragorn, because he was so noble. The next time it was Gandalf- it keeps changing. I did my book talk on Lord of the Rings- that was before I saw the films. Oh yeah, and I wrote an essay on it too for my coursework. I have read the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales and Lost Tales 1 and 2. Therefore am I labelled as a rabid fangirl who knows nothing of the character etc??? What am I???

Oooh, as for required reasing...that'd be interesting...except it generally means everyone would have to analyse it to death. But we might get to watch the films 'to help us understand it' [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although I doubt the film of TTT would help much...
But it is on our booklist at school, not that it means anything.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 09-24-2003, 09:02 PM   #77
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
1420!

actually FORESTWALKER...
...its "requested reading" for my school which is SUPER awesome...im sorry for not staying on topic...but i DO love orlando and i do think he is an amazing actor...he only adds to the greatness of the movie...

(now that i read my post again i think i should prolly delete it cuz it was allover the place...scary)

But i agree with whoever said it (SORRY I CANT FIND YOUR NAME [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ) but orlando WAS overshadowed by johnny depp...and there were actors in LOTR that have had alot of amazing parts in other movies and that are also amazing actors. but cut the boy some slack...hes been in only a few good movies and he needs more experience...but still...i think he did a pretty good job in every movie ive seen him in. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 12:28 AM   #78
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting

Oohoo...apparently on the Pellenor fields, dear ol' Leggy climbs up on a Mumak with a knife...all heroic and stuff...you could tell people that he killed it to save Gimli, but was squooshed. Hee. That would be amusing. It's two a.m.. Can you tell?

I tried to climb a Mumak,
But I fear he knocked me off with a smack!
I tried to climb an Oliphaunt,
But I fear he tried to get me stomped!
So I gave up and climbed a tree,
And here I sit, until they leave!

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Old 09-27-2003, 05:20 AM   #79
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Squished? hehehehe, I should try that. The pathetic people at my school shall die with the shock probably, for not having bothered to read it....muahahahaha!
Oops, I forget, I'm more rabid than they are, so it might not work...