The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #1
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye This shoud be good. . .

*my appologies if there is another thread like this but im too lazy to look and see if there is one*<P>I cant wait to see how peter jackson portrays shelob. this should be interesting. i was reallyREALLY mad that he didnt put her in the two towers. but i cant wait to see her in the theater.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> but im too lazy to look and see if there is one <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Use the search function at the top of the page, it's under the new topic button. The last time someone was too lazy to look up something, some members didn't like it and let that person know. I suggest that you don't put yourself in that same position, I'm just giving a warning.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>im too lazy to look and see if there is one<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And I'm too lazy to provide you with links to a ton of identical threads.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:00 PM   #4
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I'm to lazy to respond.<P> <P>Though normally I wouldn't even consider responding, here we go with the expected and redundant statments. <BR>*Iarwain takes on complete monotone*<P>It was sad that he cut her out of TTT. I really hate that PJ for doing such a stupid thing. He had better do a good job. If he does not, I will be mad. Not that I'm not already mad. I wonder what she will look like. If they ruin her I will boycot PJ for life. He is so stupid.<P>*voice returns to normal*<P>I think that's sufficient for now. As far as I know that probably encompasses the entirity of the discussion about to take place (excluding the complaints over your sloth).<P>Iarwain
Old 04-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
Angadraug
Animated Skeleton

Angadraug has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I was mad that he cut her out too but I think he did it so that it will have the non-Tolkien freaks like us wondering who "she" is that Gollum mentions at the end of the film. If I didn't know who Shelob was I would be saying "Whats he mean by she?" and it would probably force me to see the next movie. Maybe he did it for that reason, I'm just guessing. If not, well thats just not cool and he should have put her in.
Angadraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ouch! Mirkwood Princess gets hit hard! I'm to mad at PJ to say much of anything. Besides this, that is: She'd better be almost unbelievably good if you want to win your way back into your fan's good graces. (This smiley face is only here out of tradition.)<p>[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:09 AM   #7
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Too late ...

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:28 AM   #8
Pukel-Man
Haunting Spirit

Pukel-Man has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I've heard that PJ has changed the look of Shelob to a caterpillar that pupates into a an angry, evil moth/butterfly that torments Frodo and Sam. The Hobbits realize that the Phial of Galadriel is the reason for her attentions so Frodo darkens the light. Shelob in her confusion, is then easily slain by the warrior maiden Arwen who arrives in the nick of time to dispatch the phototactic horror.
This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock!-Mayor Vaughn
Pukel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #9
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

She's really realistic! Its quite scary.<P>Shelob:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index &do=showpic&pid=7475&orderby=titleA" TARGET=_blank>http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index &do=showpic&pid=7475&orderby=titleA</A>
Old 04-29-2003, 11:43 AM   #10
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

cool pic but you can barley make her out, if that even is her. I have a feeling its the bones of something she has eaten. But I could be wrong.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:50 AM   #11
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Cool pic, I can't really tell where she is though.... Lazy is not good, only because you asked a valid question am I even still here. <BR>I'm glad that PJ is gonna have her in the movie! I was desparing about Tom Bombadil not being there and thinking he would probably cut her out too and that dead army Aragorn leads....... Still not sure what he's gonna do about that.....
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #12
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If PJ had ended The Two Towers the same way as it was done in the book, the cliffhanger would have enraged the non-book readers. <P>*ducks before being hit with tomatoes*

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:39 AM   #13
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think the ending may have been too reminiscent of The Empire Strikes Back as well. One has to be aware of the movies that came before it.<P>I also think that the argument that Frodo and Sam do not have enough to do in RotK is a valid one as well. I don't see why we need to be locked into ending as the books ended. Tolkien always imagined LoTR as one book, not three. Jackson's Fellowship didn't end in the same place either. We actually got the first chapter of TTT with Boromir's death.<P>He want's each movie to have the sense of having an ending even though they each continue one into the other. I think that is a good decision.<P>H.C.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:50 AM   #14
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I've heard that PJ has changed the look of Shelob to a caterpillar that pupates into a an angry, evil moth/butterfly that torments Frodo and Sam. The Hobbits realize that the Phial of Galadriel is the reason for her attentions so Frodo darkens the light. Shelob in her confusion, is then easily slain by the warrior maiden Arwen who arrives in the nick of time to dispatch the phototactic horror. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> *giggle* *laugh* *gasp* *choke* *die*
Old 04-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #15
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Yeah HC, I could see that arguement. Frodo and Sam basically do a whole ton of wandering around (with a few insidents mixed in, I'll admit) in RotK. The non-book-reading movie-goers would probably be bored out of their skin. But there's no worry about not having Shelob or the Dead men in the RotK, PJ doesn't leave out big parts like that (if you want to argue that Bombadil was a BIG part, then PLEASE just go to my thread about if he should've been in the movies or not, and read for a while. It might change your mind! Plus it'll save us from getting off topic.)I think I'll wait for a better pic of Shelob though, until then I'm not deciding anything about the job PJ did on her. Who knows, maybe I don't want to see a pic of her until I'm watching RotK....?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 10:41 AM   #16
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i couldn't make out shelob in that pic, but I don't think PJ would be stupid enough to leave out the march of the dead. he might put it out of place (Like the gandalf falling thing in TTT movie) but I can live with that.<P>all in all PJ could save time by only putting in bits and pieces of frodo and sam's wanderings and replace it with the march of the dead and shelob..
Old 04-30-2003, 11:02 AM   #17
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ultimately though, I think the third movie has to be mostly about Frodo and the Ring. Frodo, Sam and Gollum were relegated to the B-plot in TTT, and that's fine for a transition film, but their story has to be front and center in RotK. I think that's a big reason as to why Shelob has been put off.<P>H.C.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:29 AM   #18
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I don't quite agree with that. Frodo and Sam <I>should</I> be the biggest part of the movie. But, knowing PJ and his humoring of non-readers, it probably won't. I think he'll want to emphasize the saddest parts and the most exciting ones, and if you don't know Tolkien, then Frodo and Sam's journey is mostly just <I>plod. weary. pain. wheel of fire. done!</I> I DON'T THINK SO. (Emphasized because my house is not well protected against crazed assasins ) But lots of people do.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #19
Morwen Tindomerel
Wight

Morwen Tindomerel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Re. The Photograph: anybody else getting flashbacks to Doctor Who's 'Planet of the Spiders' here??
Morwen Tindomerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:59 AM   #20
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oh well, the photo appears to have moved. I don't see the point of getting angry when it's going to be in ROTK anyway. Get more angry over Faramir or something. And if you're too lazy to look, then don't announce it!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote