The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #2881
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yumm! Ice cream! Two scoops for me, please!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #2882
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ice Cweem!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #2883
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

More news than you usually get!

And now for your regularly scheduled Phalian.

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

I spent far too much time re-reading Volume 3 today. It's fun. I miss P&A having good artwork, don't you?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #2884
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I spent far too much time re-reading Volume 3 today. It's fun. I miss P&A having good artwork, don't you?
Nah, the artwork is fine. What I've missed for most of Vol. 4 up to now was a plot (or I've been too daft to see it) - but it looks like that's emerging now.
Anyway, yay! John Fillis is back!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #2885
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
BW is quite photogenic, isn't he?
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #2886
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Wow! Nearly up to 250!! WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!?

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

The Phantom really is being CRAZY isn't he? I mean, who wouldn't want a flaming possum rat on their head? I mean... I would.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #2887
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Downer hits it spot on!

For once the journalists of the Downer magazine can be applauded from having a keen eye on things.

"We're so cool we don't even know what cool is", hits the mark exactly.

If you know what is cool, it means "the cool" has been set by others for you to know and follow. The real cool people just set it for others to "know".

And to lmp: Pants? Really? Pants are soo last season anyway...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #2888
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What? Hedgehogs?! They are NOT cool. When is the Penguin-Support Group going to have its first meeting?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #2889
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
What? Hedgehogs?! They are NOT cool. When is the Penguin-Support Group going to have its first meeting?
Yesterday
Old 05-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #2890
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Yesterday
I'll mark it on my calendar to make sure that I remember to attend.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #2891
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Stick a moustache on your face and rub some lotion into your ears! It's time for the News!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

So DRINKO the Drinks Machine is back! I hope you're all happy with that. Apparently machinery can also go to the after life.

In a few weeks I'm going to do a little break from P&A. There will be a replacement comic for, I don't know, three weeks? It's going to be The Adventures of Alien's Dad. So, look forward to that!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #2892
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
So, look forward to that!
Yes, sirree!

Btw, I love the Greenie and Agan picture. Where do you even get all these Downer photos?

Well, of course you won't tell me: a master never reveals his secrets. >.<

Old 05-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #2893
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, there was something that I was going to poke at just now, but I forgot what it was I was going to say... Oh well...

Quote:
Btw, I love the Greenie and Agan picture. Where do you even get all these Downer photos?

Well, of course you won't tell me: a master never reveals his secrets. >.<
From Facebook, of course. Be wary of ever friending Hookbill there lest you want your picture in the Downer too.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #2894
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
From Facebook, of course. Be wary of ever friending Hookbill there lest you want your picture in the Downer too.
That would make sense. I haven't thought of that, because, well, I don't have Facebook.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #2895
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

For those of you wondering, this is what Bubble Buddha will look like if he ever appears in the Phantom and Alien...

He looks friendly, doesn't he?
Nobody knows what Bubble Buddha's philosophy was. They just know he was a happy bubble head who floated around the universe, kicking butt and fighting crime!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #2896
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Bubble Buddha is awesome!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #2897
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Bubble gum!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #2898
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

OMMMMM.....nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Nobody knows what Bubble Buddha's philosophy was.
Have a bubbly life! Don't burst my bubble! Bath foam with no proper bubbles is a sin!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-25-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #2899
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Eeep! A bit late because I, um, forgot to post this last night. Sorry everyone!

And now it's time for a special report from the unexpected adventures of Alien's Dad!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

There are two more episodes of Alien's patriarch and his crazy adventures. Hope you enjoy them!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #2900
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

What does Lommy think about these hedgehog penguin wars, exactly?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #2901
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
What does Lommy think about these hedgehog penguin wars, exactly?
She's already deploying her forces.

So how exactly did this thing in the jar develop into the mutant bus driver we all know and love?
And Alien's penchant for expressive non-sequiturs is obviously inherited from Daddy. Profound episode!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 AM   #2902
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Dear Editor, I feel that I must jump to the defence of Lalwende. If she were any more Northern she would leap about shouting 'Och aye the noo' every 3 minutes, and what's more she wouldn't own a whippet and wear a flat cap as she does, she'd own a Westie and wear a wee bonnet. So I can only deem that these so called experts who claim she isn't Northern work for Santa at the North Pole...
Old 06-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #2903
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I'm sure I had a plan for the 250th edition long, long ago. But I never wrote it down anywhere, so I had to make something up on the spot... Which is how I usually work.

And now it's time for a special report from the unexpected adventures of Alien's Dad!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Next week is the SHOCKING and heart wrenching conclusion to the adventures of Alien's Dad! Believe me when I tell you; there's a twist at the ending that you'll never see coming! No, really, you'll NEVER GUESS. Unless you do...
Old 06-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #2904
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

First of all, to put the main article in plainer terms, we miss BWH's posts around here! Lately all that he does (judging by the "Who's online" thingy) is search the Members List.

Secondly, I never knew that Pitchie was an orc. I don't think it was him: if he really was, he would be lynched on Day1 every WW game that he took part in. No one likes the nassty orcsees. The orc just wants to push off the blame.

And last but not least, I am not ImposterGaladriel54, but ImposterGaladriel56.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #2905
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

The BWH does paperwork? I had no idea...
Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #2906
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
The BWH does paperwork? I had no idea...
Well, he posted on the older threads, but nothing recent. And when I'm really bored I look at who is online and what threads they are viewing to see if there's anything interesting (in other words stalking), and I've seen BWH a few times, but every time he was looking through the Members list. Well, once - a User Profile. I wish he'd post more - after all, it's his website...

PS: Why am I saying this? It's only supposed to be about facts.

PPS: he does indeed have a nice hat.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #2907
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Secondly, I never knew that Pitchie was an orc. I don't think it was him
You don't think so? I should have thought the greenish skin and bad teeth would have been a big give-away...
Sorry to disappoint you, but Hookbill never prints anything but pure crystalline truth.

(PS.- I love peanuts!)
Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #2908
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but Hookbill never prints anything but pure crystalline truth.
Don't tell anyone that the Downer isn't printed.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #2909
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

NO! I'm imposter Galadriel56...... you naughty imposter Galadriel54.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #2910
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc View Post
NO! I'm imposter Galadriel56...... you naughty imposter Galadriel54.
Is that a confession, or a fake reveal?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #2911
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Is that a confession, or a fake reveal?

Err umm did I say that........ (change the subject quickly)....... what a nice day it is...
Old 06-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #2912
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

And now it's time for a the grand finale of the unexpected adventures of Alien's Dad!!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Phew!
We'll get back to the regular P&As next week. I hope you'll enjoy it.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #2913
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Aren't bananas the solution to everything?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #2914
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Dalek Bins?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #2915
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Aren't bananas the solution to everything?
Yea, but this time he ate it.

Quote:
Dalek Bins?
I was thinking more like Osama Bin Ladin.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #2916
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Since a hat stand isn't legal currency, does this mean I can't bri...I mean gift someone with one?

Also, if anybody sees that skateboarding badger, ask it to come teach my cats some tricks.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #2917
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
I was thinking more like Osama Bin Ladin.
But the weapons found on that picture of the bin are from Daleks.

Observe weaponry:

Therefore it is a Dalek Bin.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #2918
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
So DRINKO the Drinks Machine is back! I hope you're all happy with that. Apparently machinery can also go to the after life.
But of course. The smouldering spectre of cheap coffee never dies.

Quote:
Hedgehogs Vs. Penguins The Showdown
And if we're splitting into factions, hedgehogs are awesome. It's always wise to choose the side that has lots of spines.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #2919
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
But the weapons found on that picture of the bin are from Daleks.

Observe weaponry:

Therefore it is a Dalek Bin.

HEY LOOK R2-D2!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #2920
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Dalek Bins Of Doom!!!!!