The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2003, 04:42 PM   #81
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I am resisting the urge to see the trailer, because I didn't see the trailers for FotR or TTT and some interesting things happened. I will of course watch it after I have seen the movie! Call me weird, whatever, I am. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You know Elennar, for every film that I knew I would want to see I've avoided the trailers as well, but I've just gotten to much into trying to guess how PJ is going to interpret this stuff, so I've got to see the trailer.<P>H.C.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:24 PM   #82
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey all,<BR>I saw the Trailer!!!!!!!!! It is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that they showed shelob though. *rolls her eyes in dissapointment.* Oh well. I am soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #83
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Mmm, apples... <P>I just watched the trailer for the umpteenth time. MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #84
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

Me either, Sapphire! <BR>At the very moment I log out I'll go to watch the trailer over and over again...again...again...<BR>The scene with the flying Nazguls over Minas Tirith is awesome. I want more stuff like that!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:50 PM   #85
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Before I start this note, please let me explain that I am not moaning (as this is only my second post!)<P>I've only managed to see the trailer on my laptop (26mb version), I went to see Ned Kelly (in England) and they didn't show the trailer! (stupid cinema)<P>The trailer is great, but I don't know if anyone noticed that hardly (if any) of the dialouge has been taken from Tolkien? I'm not technically a purist, but let's hope we have SOME quotes from the books!<P>I thought the 10 minute 'trailer' on the tt dvd was much better, as it showed the emotional side to the story, which, to be honest, is what ROTK is about. The fighting is to 'give frodo a chance'.<P>Saying all this, I must admit to being brought to tears at Sam's "Nooooooooo!!!!!!!" at the end. THAT was the most stunning piece.<P>PS Do you reckon Legolas is talking about the 'King' of the Dead at the start?
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:10 PM   #86
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The trailer is great, but I don't know if anyone noticed that hardly (if any) of the dialouge has been taken from Tolkien? I'm not technically a purist, but let's hope we have SOME quotes from the books! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well essex...if they did use alot of dialoge the movie would take FOR EVER...and we would be in the theaters until 2006 waiting for the fellowship of the ring...it would be nice if they did but it would also be really hard for Peter Jackson to do...
Old 10-06-2003, 04:17 PM   #87
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, ok. Just 3 and a half hours worth of tolkien dialouge then please!<P>PS re an ealier post on Shelob's size. To me, in a film, when I see a monster I am much more frightened when they are of a 'human' comparible size.<P>Think of the Jurassic park films. What frifhtens you more. A T-Rex or a Velociraptor?<P>What's the most frightening monster in movie history? I would say the one from Alien. She was a comparible size to Ripley. <P>My point is, if jackson makes Shelob TOO big, I don't think it will be that frightening. To see a 'smaller' spider move and chase Frodo through the tunnels seems to be much more terrifying.
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:10 AM   #88
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>My point is, if jackson makes Shelob TOO big, I don't think it will be that frightening. To see a 'smaller' spider move and chase Frodo through the tunnels seems to be much more terrifying. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Good point! Even thoug I'm afraid of spiders I hope it'll be the most terrible thing on screen ever seen. It deserves that.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #89
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>What's the most frightening monster in movie history? I would say the one from Alien.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That would be called a <B>xenomorph</B>, Essex. Gotta love those critters.<P>That's another good question you brought up though; who was Legolas talking about when he said "He's here!"? Hm...<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #90
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You know Elennar, for every film that I knew I would want to see I've avoided the trailers as well, but I've just gotten to much into trying to guess how PJ is going to interpret this stuff, so I've got to see the trailer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, it is very hard! not...seeing...trailer...grrrr...<BR>*restrains self with some difficulty from leaving the 'downs to go in search of the trailer* must...stay...<P>In both FotR and TTT there was one line that I knew before I saw it, and it wasn't a book quote. Well, it sort of was, but I knew somehow exactly how it was going to be said, and who was going to say it.<BR>In FotR, it was 'eight there are here, yet nine there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desired to speak with him.' And in TTT it was 'cold be heart and hand and bone, and cold be travelers far from home. They do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead.' It was creepy, but also sort of cool.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:30 PM   #91
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I believe Legolas was talking about Sauron, because I'm assuming that Pippin was looking into the Palantir just then, and Legolas being the sharp-eyed, evil-sensitive Elf that he is, sensed that the Dark Lord was "in the camp." Perhaps what PJ's going to do is have Aragorn rush over to save Pippin from Sauron's mental clutches, and in the process, wrench the Palantir to his control. It seems rather dramatic enough.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:24 AM   #92
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

That's a good theory, Finwe. I may have to agree with that; two palantir encounters squished into one sounds like something PJ would do...<P>I'm gonna go on a donut run. Anyone want something in particular? <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #93
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've seen the trailer 12 times now! I think it's absolutely beautiful, I can't wait at all 'til the 17th. 68 more days to go!!!! Btw, Sappire_Flame, I LOVE anything chocolate!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:55 PM   #94
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Only 68 days!!! Shocking!!!<BR>Were getting close to the two month mark!!!<P>You know... Time flies when you are watching the ROTK tralier over and over again
Old 10-09-2003, 12:16 AM   #95
miellien
Animated Skeleton

miellien has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

I'm incredibly sad that I may have to wait a full week after release to see RotK. But, <B>orominuialwen</B>, I am close enough to bring you chocolate (if I don't eat it on the way myself ).
Old 10-09-2003, 09:15 AM   #96
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Don't feel sad, Miellien, I had to wait a week to see FotR. *sigh* I even had to wait until I saw the movie to get the soundtrack. But it all worked out okay. *passes around apple crisp*

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:48 PM   #97
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

What's really sad is that I never saw FotR in a theatre. My parents rented it the first day it was out on video, however. Then I watched it five times in two and a half days.<P>*helps herself to some apple crisp* YUMMY! <BR>I can't wait for RotK! To pass the time I am making an elven dress to wear when I go to see it.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:11 AM   #98
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I've been passing the time looking for cheap armor on eBay, and making my Ranger/Mercenary costume for RotK and the Renaissance Festival. Time really does fly by.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:34 AM   #99
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Okay, has anyone else here tried to buy tickets for the Trilogy Tuesday event and found them to be <B>SOLD OUT!</B>? I need to commiserate with some people here.... *sniffle* <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #100
Mischievous Candle

Sting

Aww...sorry to hear that Sapphire! Take chocolate cookies. I just noticed that we can soon buy EE of ttt and even RotK is out soon! And that can be an encouraging thought.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #101
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Thanks, dancing spawn. I do feel a bit better. But it's still so sad...<P>No! I'm not gonna think about that! I'm gonna eat chocolate cookies and look forward to the EV of Towers and the premire of RotK. *hums* Always look on the bright side of life hm, hm hm, hm hm hm hm hm hm... <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM   #102
Orlando's Top Fangirl

Tolkien

I don't think I can bear the wait! It's just not possible! *grabs a cracker and shoves it hungrily in her mouth so as to contain her rage and discontentment* I've the trailer what seems like a million times to stop from going insane. Then my brother fast forwarded it to make them sound like the chipmunks. You can bet he didn't live to tell the tale.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #103
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Frodo2968thewhite has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Frodo2968thewhite
Ring

I hear you!!!!!! I Just keep watching TTT and the ROTK trailor. Then I start thinking about the wait until ROTK in theaters, and then on DVD and video! And what will I do after ROTK is out on EE DVD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And...and...and...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Gathers a handful of crackers and shoves them in his mouth* *Gags on crackers*.......*faints again*
Old 10-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #104
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Ring

*wakes up* I think I'll make some lembas too!
Old 10-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #105
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

im trying to destract my self *grabs a slice of cake* by watching other movies...but my plan isnt working too well. i jus bought the matrix so it might help a little to ease the call of the ring..err i mean the movie
Old 10-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #106
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Here's something I don't usually do:<BR>I picked up three books from the library that weren't fantasy. They were angsty teenaged books about suicides and love and stuff. Books like that are good, but short lived. Mondieu, I need a real life.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #107
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

*Knight peeks in*<P>How's everyone holding up? No nervous breakdowns, no clawing at Rings, or delusions of TTT and FOTR DVDs turning into RotK? Good!<P>I still haven't been getting any shipments of Lembas in, so I guess this bowl of punch will have to do. (It's non-alcoholic, don't worry)<P>Meantime, know that it is only 62 days, 20 hours, forty-five minutes and five seconds at the time I posted this, which is 10:14 PM EST.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #108
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Well to keep myself busy, and from thinking of a certain upcoming movie that will be the greatest seen ever. I have been running a lot, reading a lot, and (my personal favorite) sleeping a lot. Though I am amazed though at how little time we have until things like the Extended Edition, it comes out in a little more than a month! Hopefully once I get that it will tie me over for very much a time.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:45 PM   #109
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Ring

I forgot, how did I survive last year's wait?!?!?!?!?!?!?! *watches ROTK trailer again*
Old 10-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #110
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Only 62 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. I've been out of therapy for a while, due to the obscene amounts of homework I've had lately. I think my mental stability has suffered even more than usual. Btw miellien, does that mean that you are one of my fellow cheeseheads? (It's fine if you don't want to say) Oh, and Knight of Gondor, my brother says the punch is great (he's reading over my shoulder as I post)
Old 10-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #111
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>does that mean that you are one of my fellow cheeseheads?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'm not sure about her, but my dad's from Oshkosh and I happen to be a die hard Green Bay Packers fan, even though I live in Virginia. I agree with you, Orominuialwen, cheeseheads rule! <P>My favorite parts are probably going to be anything in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. For some reason, I have a feeling that Theoden's death is probably going to be even more ultra-dramatic than Haldir's was in TTT...<P>*is suddenly interrupted by the doorbell ringing*<P>Hang on, I'll get that.<P>*opens the door and a pizza man walks in carrying a big stack of pizza boxes. Meneltarmacil pays him and takes the pizzas.*<P>All right! *opens pizza box* Let's eat!
Old 10-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #112
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Ring

I hope you got plenty!!!!!! Because I'm raiding my pantry and fridge of all edible items!!!! All we need are a few good taters!!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #113
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

Trilogy Tuesday is sold out! Here they told me that they had sold out in fifteen minutes! *sniff* Oh well...

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:17 AM   #114
Mischievous Candle

Sting

We have reached the 'two months boundary mark'!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #115
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I can't wait any longer, I'm going mad!!!<BR>I watched the MTV movie awards rerun last night and got all excited seeing the hobbits and gollum and pj and Aragorn etc. December 17 is so very far away, AHHHH! I want to see it so badly.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:21 PM   #116
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>All we need are a few good taters!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What's taters, precious? What's taters, eh? (Oh COME ON, you knew that was coming!)<P>(61 days...)
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-17-2003, 10:57 PM   #117
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*snork* Nice one, Knight. <P>I've got donuts! Let's see, there's... glazed, chocolate, cream-filled, cinnamon rolls and... raspberry fritters. Dig in! *starts munching on a fritter*<P>OMG, I can't wait for this movie to come out! I just watched the trailer for the zillionth time, as well as the trailer on the Towers DVD (more Pippin-like-goodness in that one. wheee!) and man, that looks so cool.<P>Oo, oo, I found out the coolest thing on Billy Boyd's website: Pippin might get a *solo* in RotK. According to an interview with John Noble (Denethor) there's a scene where Denethor is really cranky, and he asks Pip to sing (note: Billy wrote the song himself); by the end of the scene Denethor/John had tears pouring down his face, because the song was so good and Billy has such a good voice. Dude, I so hope that makes the theatrical version! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-18-2003, 01:33 AM   #118
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Pippin might get a *solo* in RotK. According to an interview with John Noble (Denethor) there's a scene where Denethor is really cranky, and he asks Pip to sing (note: Billy wrote the song himself); by the end of the scene Denethor/John had tears pouring down his face, because the song was so good and Billy has such a good voice. Dude, I so hope that makes the theatrical version!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well you may just be in luck. According to this spolierific review of the 20 minutes of ROTK that was shown to the press and very special people...<BR>It is right here: (Strong Language Warning!!)<BR><A HREF="http://www.chud.com/news/oct03/oct13lotr.php3" TARGET=_blank>Cinematic Happenings Under Development-ROTK Preview</A><BR>That was one of the scenes that they showed! And it was actually this reviewers favorite!<BR>If it is in this preview that hopefully means that it will most definitely be in the theatrical cut <P>2 Long months to go...<BR>Much, much, too long of a wait
Old 10-19-2003, 08:42 PM   #119
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

If you visited my other post, Spoilers about RotK, we already knew about that solo. But there is a LOT of new information about the movie there, you guys simply have to check it out! (If you like spoilers, that is...)<P>Got a crueler? They're my favorite!
Old 10-19-2003, 08:52 PM   #120
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

oooh! Sign me up for this one! <P>*stands up*My name is elfearz, and I have a problem
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote