The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #41
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I don't want to do this, but I absolutely have to. Time wise I was going to be ok to squeeze in another game, but mentally, just too many personal issues and distractions happening right now...that in all my attempts to fix it just seems to be making the situations worse. I apologize, but I won't be in any functional state to participate.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #42
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Et tu, Boro? That's unfortunate, but I hope everything works out and you'll soon be back to a functional state of play.

I'm oddly busy today, but I'm going to send out the roles tomorrow, if you do not get a PM from me you are an ordo. If there are any last minute drops or adds, this is your chance to declare intent.

Right now only two people have stated a preference on DL (a pity you two didn't agree ) If no one else comes forward I'll just flip a coin or consult my all knowing work calender to decide upon the DL.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Something not too crazy for us here in Central, please. As far as specifics, I'm not too terribly concerned.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #44
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Can I last minute sign up please Kitanna? Having read that player list I want in! Deadline wise I'll be limited whatever so don't worry just assume I won't be there on the minutes - although my only playing time is between 4pm and 10pm GMT so umm ... somewhere there?!

I'll be a woodsman with a gammy leg. Therefore I'll be stuck in that cafe. Though if Pom isn't there I'll be running it!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #45
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't have a DL preference since I'll manage either way and I probably won't be there anyways. Otherwise, though, I should be around a LOT, since I'm almost done exams and I have tons of free time (in which I'm "studying"... on the Downs )
Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #46
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Roles are out. If you didn't get one, don't panic, you are an ordo.

DL will be at 7 am -6GMT (CST) because it works the best with my work schedule. Day 1 will start tomorrow.

Seer, cobbler, you may send your first picks. Wolves, plot and scheme.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #47
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yay Kath! I was hoping (in vain, I thought) that you'd play.

I'm also confirming Lommy's participation.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #48
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yay Kath and Lommy!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yay! So if someone could just explain what that deadline is in GMT I'd be very grateful!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #50
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If I did my math correctly, it's 2 PM your time.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #51
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
If I did my math correctly, it's 2 PM your time.
Wait..........I got either 1pm or noon, depending on the Daylight Savings. Those Daylight Savings mess everything up.

7+6=13=1pm --> no DST
7+5=12=noon --> with DST, the way I think North America has it now...

I'm so confused. Confusticate and bebother all these complications!

Solution: Just see when Day 1 starts (since Night One already started, from what I understand).
Old 06-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #52
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I understood DL to be 0700 CST.

Am I mistaken?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #53
Kitanna
Child of the West

It's 7am CST (for us North Americans) and because of daylight savings I believe it's now -5GMT rather than -6GMT. Oh daylight savings, you are a pain.

Day 1 will start in 13 hours, if that makes it easier.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #54
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
! Kit, I realised I forgot to give myself an in-game occupation. Please make me a maid at Inzil's tavern (if he will hire me...)
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #55
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
It's 7am CST (for us North Americans) and because of daylight savings I believe it's now -5GMT rather than -6GMT. Oh daylight savings, you are a pain.

Day 1 will start in 13 hours, if that makes it easier.
Good to know. That's probably going to have me voting very early in the Day, but no drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
! Kit, I realised I forgot to give myself an in-game occupation. Please make me a maid at Inzil's tavern (if he will hire me...)
I suppose so, as long as your references check out. Pay day is the fifth Friday of each month.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #56
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Pay day is the fifth Friday of each month.
That's old stuff. Nowadays they pay you on the 32nd of each month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Oh daylight savings, you are a pain.
I concur.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #57
Kitanna
Child of the West

Day has begun. Go forth and accuse one another!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #58
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oooh BUM. Totally thought it would be today's 10pm. Apologies - I understand now.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #59
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

Epic fail on my part. Definitely thought I had more time then I did.......And this children should be a note to self never to never enter a game of WW when you're in the midst of a performance because you're days just kind of bleed together............. *headdesk*
Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #60
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I hope your performance goes well, Glirdy, and that the workload level goes down!

A question for Kit: I don't think we've ever clarified the rules for tied votes. What are they?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #61
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post

A question for Kit: I don't think we've ever clarified the rules for tied votes. What are they?
I had left it up to the players if they wanted double lynchings or not. Seeing as no one answered. In the event of a tie the one who garnered more votes first will be lynched.

Ex: Pitch had four votes at the end of the day and you had three. If you had gotten another vote Pitch would still have been killed.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #62
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In the interest of people not going crazy, I think it should be all or nothing, which is to say that either no one dies on a tie or both people die on a tie.

I am not participating in an arms race. There's no way. It was way too much stress last time. I'm just putting that out there right now. *nods sagely* Please carry on.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote