The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #41
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
For those wondering:

Deadline:

9pm EST. That's GMT -4.

That works best for both Fea and I. The only nights I don't think I'll be around are on Mondays as I have class.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #42
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Notice:

Roles will be assigned on Monday. Night One will begin at 9pm EST on Monday.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #43
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Do you think this high number of players merits the addition of a fourth wolf? As it is, if the Orc of Undetermined Allegiance sides with the good guys, the evil ones are woefully outnumbered.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #44
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Deadline:

9pm EST. That's GMT -4.
Gah....this is going to mean many sleepless days for Glirdy who felt like posting in third person.

But seriously, I'll be able to post for the first hour or so of the Day, then leave for work for eight hours, sleep for a few and then wake up and attempt to post and read and get caught up before voting and going to work again.

In other words Glirdy = not a very active player this time around.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #45
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Is there room for one more player?

I've been stupidly busy after coming back from the US. and I think I need to change that. Playing some werewolf would force me to do less work...

And I did love this "representatives-game" concept the last time around.

So if there is room for one more, count me in Fea.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #46
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I KNEW you loved me! Of course you're in. Sign ups go until Monday at noon EST.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #47
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is this game starting this evneing?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #48
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Yes. Roles will be assigned in a few hours.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #49
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well I'll take the occupation of town vagrant.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #50
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Ok, well I'll take the occupation of town vagrant.
Cave vagrant, I think you mean.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #51
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It occurred to me that saying that my character was quiet really gave no indication of his career in life. Well, let's say he's a good for almost nothing heir to some rich orc who hasn't learned to stand on his own two legs. Kind of like the character in The Sea Wolf by Jack London.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #52
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Cave vagrant, I think you mean.
Good point, good point.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #53
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

All roles have now been assigned. If you have not received a PM, let me or Nienna know and we'll pass on the message.

Sons of Elrond may begin communicating even though Night doesn't officially start for seven hours. The Seer may dream toNight.

Also, and this is IMPORTANT:

Any PMs with questions about the game should be sent to Nienna. Final SoE and Seer choices should be sent to both Nienna and me.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #54
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Clarification:

There are 4 wolves (and not 3 as was previously stated in the rules). Fea will be editing that in the rules post for quick reference.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #55
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I just about had a heart attack in the middle of class when I realized the game had begun. I thought that Day 1 had started yesterday evening, not night one. I'm relieved...

-- Foley
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #56
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just letting everyone know I will not be able to post until tomorrow as I just woke up from a quick nap and will be heading off to work in a few minutes.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #57
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My sincerest apologies to everyone for missing the bulk of toDay. When I "got back" last night my internet died on me right after my "hey, I'm back" post, and I was going to attempt to post at work today but....well, I had a bit of a bad turn, if you really want to know. I unintentionally ate something I'm pretty darn allergic to (always read the ingredients CAREFULLY, folks) and I spent the last four hours or so mostly unconscious. I'm happy to say that I'm much better now, however, and that I should be around from now on. Thanks again for understanding, and to the High Moddess for announcing my absence for me.

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #58
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Sorry I was not around everyone, I was having internet problems when I got home from work and ended up passing out for the past 12 hours....no lie....My sleep schedule is sort of aligned with the Chinese due to when I work and I have no idea when I will fall asleep or wake up once I'm home
Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #59
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Augh! I cannot rep Feanorc again yet! That was seriously amazing.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #60
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I will be gone all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. I will be back for the last...oh...maybe 2 hours before deadline of the second part of the day. My input, therefore, will be...well...next to nothing, if anything. Have fun without me.

And as much as I want to comment on the outcome of the Reps kill, I won't, because I think that's against the rules.

-- Foley
Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #61
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

To clear up questions, Bordomir was modfired not because there's anything wrong or because he did anything wrong, but due to a constellation of circumstances that resulted in the decision that it was better for him to be a spectator for the rest of the game. He's okay and will no doubt be creepin' on all of you as you continue playing. Do him proud.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #62
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
To clear up questions, Bordomir was modfired not because there's anything wrong or because he did anything wrong, but due to a constellation of circumstances that resulted in the decision that it was better for him to be a spectator for the rest of the game. He's okay and will no doubt be creepin' on all of you as you continue playing. Do him proud.
I'm Borc and I approve this message. For part of the reason Fea's narration gives the answer. While I didn't eat the stuff, because I avoid it like the plague as I'm highly allergic to it...my dog went bouncing through it and I knew I was in trouble.

But you could have also told them that I refused to address phantom as phorc...for I would. At least keep them afraid of what will happen if they don't listen . As she says, do me proud, I need something on my mind other than SCRATCH, ITCHY, SCRATCH-ITCH.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #63
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Modfire Explanation 2.0

Sorry guys, had to. My work and sleep schedule are too conflicting to be able to participate, especially in a game where the Days are 48 hours and I end up sleeping for about 24 of those. I've been absolutely drained the past few days and didn't think it was wise or fair to you guys or myself to continue playing. It's not "dropping by the wayside" as our dearest phantom has so deemed it to be, but more keeping up with my health and sanity (well, what's left of it that is ) Sorry! Love you all and best of luck! I'll still be following the game.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #64
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I am so, so sorry that I missed yesterDay. There was a major holiday on Friday night through Saturday, and Sunday was my one day a week with the currently long distance significant other... between the two I didn't have a chance to stop in. Apologies again. This game deserves better.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #65
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Typical. My internet went poof.

Anyway, I'm sure you've all noticed by now that Phantom is conspicuously inconspicuous. He's got a teeny case of RL but he promises to return later.

*fades back into the shadows, still giggling at the narrations*
Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #66
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

*fades back into the shadows, still giggling at the narrations*
I know, right? I love my wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune in the game thread
btw it is quite ironic that Wilwa should be the victim of a double lynch.
Hmm??? I think I'm missing something, I don't get it, haha.

*also goes back to being dead*
Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #67
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Hmm??? I think I'm missing something, I don't get it, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune in the game thread
btw it is quite ironic that Wilwa should be the victim of a double lynch.
*also goes back to being dead*
You were advocating a double lynch on Day One.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-21-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #68
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
You were advocating a double lynch on Day One.
Oh, haha. Right.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #69
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
My sincerest apologies to everyone for missing the bulk of toDay. When I "got back" last night my internet died on me right after my "hey, I'm back" post, and I was going to attempt to post at work today but....well, I had a bit of a bad turn, if you really want to know. I unintentionally ate something I'm pretty darn allergic to (always read the ingredients CAREFULLY, folks) and I spent the last four hours or so mostly unconscious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Sorry I was not around everyone, I was having internet problems when I got home from work and ended up passing out for the past 12 hours....no lie....My sleep schedule is sort of aligned with the Chinese due to when I work and I have no idea when I will fall asleep or wake up once I'm home :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm Borc and I approve this message. For part of the reason Fea's narration gives the answer. While I didn't eat the stuff, because I avoid it like the plague as I'm highly allergic to it...my dog went bouncing through it and I knew I was in trouble. :(

But you could have also told them that I refused to address phantom as phorc...for I would. At least keep them afraid of what will happen if they don't listen :p. As she says, do me proud, I need something on my mind other than SCRATCH, ITCHY, SCRATCH-ITCH.
Can there be a curse on our hapless tribe?:eek:
Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #70
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Can there be a curse on our hapless tribe?
I actually almost had Boro call the deadline the other night because I was feeling so thoroughly crummy. I was awake for a grand total of like six hours on Saturday. So: yes, perhaps we are all cursed. By those filthy tarks!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #71
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I actually almost had Boro call the deadline the other night because I was feeling so thoroughly crummy. I was awake for a grand total of like six hours on Saturday. So: yes, perhaps we are all cursed. By those filthy tarks!
Meanwhile, I've had a steady series of minor accidents ever since the game started. Quite a collection of cuts and bruises I've got now.

Yes, it's tarks all right. Curse that Emperor Palpatine!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #72
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Hm...I dunno...I'm relatively healthy, insanely busy...I guess if you count being insanely sore due to extra muscular exersize over the weekend as a mishap and part of a curse, you could count me in. But I wouldn't.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #73
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
That was coined in the previous game, and came from his being locked in a freezer. You should have been there.
I....I just can't....I can't stop laughing at this....

ETA: Also, I'm cross for being killed because I'm SO close to 4,000 posts. Fea, your game could have made history, but now....no.