Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2002, 03:06 PM   #321
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Night approached quickly as Ala kept and eye on Glorfindel. She had healed his wounds quickly, and together they walked on their horses, and looked for any elf that might be alive, in all the blood and dismembered bodies, both orc and elf.
"Ala, you ok?"
"..." She didn't want to talk, but gave a slight nod. She wanted to kill that damn witch, and then yell at Aman. She was so confused. She had no idea what to do, and she was to weak to do much. The magic she had used that day drained her both physically and mentally.
After a while she finally spoke.
"Glorfindel, I'm scared. Not for me, but for Elenna and Aman. Aman mostly. But, nevermind. You dont care." She rode ahead of him, and searched thru the mess and gore that day had left. But neither found one living elf, and they had lost Celeb that day, a valuable elf.
"I will be back." Ala said quietly to Glorfindel.
"Someone should go with you, don't you think?"
"Your talking to a Black Witch, I'll be fine." And with that she urged her horse into a canter, and vanished into the woods. She came to a clearing, and halted. SHe looked around and listened. She heard no sound, and saw no orc, she was glad for that.
To ease her mind, she took Zypheros into the clearing and preformed a test she had learned when she was young. She was a test in which Zypheros did beautiful movements, and difficult steps. When they finished, Ala heard clapping, "Very well done, my lady."
Calen showed his face, and for once, she smiled.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:06 AM   #322
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Fea, the reason I wanted to get you, s not because of the battle. It has almost been won. The Elves and Rangers combined have driven the orcs away, and Rivendell is ours. But they have Lord Elrond."
Fea looked uncertain with him.
"I don't understand. Who has him? Where? Why?"
"Azruk has him. He wants to negotiate with Elenna. I am going to, and I thought you would like to come."
Fea did not reply, she just allowed Aduchil to take her by her arm to the house where both Elenna and her commanders were gathered, as well as Azruk and his.

The negotiations could be begin.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:24 AM   #323
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Holgarth and the remaining rangers drove the rest of the scurrying orcs away and out of the surrounding areas around Rivendell.
Then he rode down beside Aducil and Elenna and was surprised to know that Azruk and his uruks had still occupied a corner of Elrond's house and had him captive. And now they had the audacity to hold negotiations.

" Negotiations? What negotiations," shouted the angry ranger,"We do not negotiate with those ruthless killers. Let us storm their stronghold and slay them all."
'But Elrond is held captive by them," pleaded Fea, she was still crying uncontrollable at the death of her dear friend Celeb, and Holgarth's eyes were filled with tears when he saw Celeb's body.
This made him furious with rage and he almost charged into the area where the uruks held sway, but Elenna stopped him.
'We must do this sensibly, Lord Elrond is weak and we must do all to prevent anymore harm to him. We will attend this meeting and we will negotiate with the demons, but be on guard for any trickery."
Holgarth nodded and took his postion beside Aduchil and Fea.

Ooc - Is Rivendell cleansed of all the orcs yet?
Old 06-27-2002, 07:56 AM   #324
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

"WHAT?"
"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ARMY?" screamed a frustrated Azruk.

He ran up and down, Elrond being the least of his worries as of now.

"How did such a vast army be overcome by such a samll force of elf?" he asked.

Azruk grabbed Aman,"What witchery is this, tell me, or I will snap your neck."

"Leave her alone," said Thrakatburz coldly, " She has nothing to do with this, it was the halfling who stole your draught."

Azruk punched the walls and groaned.

Aman and Thrak proceed to bind Elrond.

Kurhg, the massive uruk of Troll like proportions stood guard by the door, as a regiment of Uruk archers lined the walls.

The uruk army were now surrouned by elf and ranger battalions as they held thier ground in the house of Elrond. Having conrol of just this place in all of Rivendell, they would not give in without a fight.

Azruk thought hard and the only way out would be to hold negotiations with Elenna.
Once he got her into their camp it would be easy to kill her..... Azruk felt his hands squeezing Elenna's neck and then snapping it, he wanted to kill her so much that he could taste it(cliche), and he would.

"Keep the elf Lord well hidden, if the negotiations fail, and they will, be ready to kill him," Azruk ordered Thrakatburz.

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 06-27-2002, 08:12 AM   #325
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Fëa sat next to Aduchil, hugging his waist with one hand and her bow in the other. "I already miss Celebmundoiel. I don't think I can stand negotiating with this evil creature. He killed my couisin. I can't."

Aduchil kissed her and wispered in her ear. "After we negotiate this, we can forget about him forever. I'll stay by you. Don't Worry."
Old 06-27-2002, 09:53 AM   #326
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa hid.There was nothing else for her to do but hide and she had no weapon to defend herself if an uruk did attack her.Her sword was lost and her dagger was snapped like a twig by the enemy.She would wait until night fall or until everything dies down to go in seach but for now, hiding was the only thing she could do.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:20 PM   #327
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

As the uruk warlord grabbed her, Aman thought she was going to throw up. She stared at him straight in the eye and through her unrestricted mind flashed several spells to stop Azruk ever touching her again. When he let she simply snorted insolently and turned back to Elrond. The Uruks back was up, but he didnt make a move.
Aman tried not to look into the elf lords eyes as she tied him up. He had been kind to her....as had other elves...
No! she couldnt think like that! They were all murderers...
Desperatly she tried to distract her mind, speaking to the Lord with as much disgust as she thought she could get away with.
"Will you speak to the elf now? I doubt she will negotiate."
"Neotiate?" Now it was his turn to snort. "Why would I negotiate? Still- we can always turn to alternate means..." His face contorted into what probably passed as some sort of smile and once again Aman tried not to heave. Still, Thrakat had assured her that soon they would be away, leaving the scum behind them...
The small party walked towards the fated place they had decided to meet with Elenna...
-----------------------------------------------------
Lindir, Elenna, Ala and a small determined party of elves walked towards the place. Lindir still kept blank...he would get Aman back...
Old 06-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #328
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil walked with the rest of the negotiation company. He watched Lindir's expression change.
"Lindir, I know what you are thinking of. Be careful what you do. For some reason, her heart has been broken, and if you are not careful, it will be totally destroyed."
He then turned his attention towards Elrond. His heart bled at the sight, and he swore, that fi the negotiations failed, his first duty after getting Fea away was to save Elrond.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:48 PM   #329
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa felt like a coward and a failure.Her home, her family and her friends where gone.She had not thought about it until now but she missed the warmth,love and friendlyness of the shire.She would surely die on this stupid journey and this war she was court up into.Tears started to roll down her face and she let out a shakey breath.
"I will never see Frodo again.It pains me to leave."She murmured to herself."I must be...brave.If my fate is to die then may it be."She wiped a tear away and stood up.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:52 AM   #330
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk felt Aman's disgust and decided he was better off without her. Grabbing her by the neck he was about to snap it off, when Thrakatburz stopped him. She apparently had some plans for the witch yet.

Aman, ran out of the room in tears, gasping for breath. Azruk commanded Kurhg to follow her and keep watch. The large uruk lumbered off. Thrakatburz placed her arms around Azruk's thick neck and kissed the uruk. He returned her kiss. Then he kicked Elrond in the face and threw him into one of his own wine jars and sealed the lid.

The plan was set. The uruks set out to the area where the negotiations was to take place.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:31 PM   #331
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Elenna strode into the great Council Chamber of Rivendell.

"Come out, Azruk! Elenna has arrived." Lindir shouted, his normally musical voice harsh.

Azruk came out of a side chamber, a great wine jug lifted high in his arms.

"Ah, Elenna! How nice to see you. Care for a drink?" He pulled the lid off of the jug and lifted Elrond's bloody head up by the hair. The great Elf Lord groaned in pain.

"Give him back!" Elenna screamed, nearly in tears.

"What will you give for him? Come and talk to me..." he gestured back to the chamber. "Bring your little friends too." He pointed to Lindir and Aduchil. Elenna thought hard. It went against every fibre in her being to negotiate with Azruk, but she had sworn to protect Elrond, and this looked like her only choice.

The three elves turned and followed the massive uruk into the little chamber.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:48 PM   #332
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil breathed heavily, his hand on his swordhilt. He could not remember on any of his many travels to ever have been in such danger before. He noticed the uruks standing guard, and that they outnumbered the three elves many times. If they began fighting, he wasn't sure that they would all get out alive. He noticed Aman, and that Lindir was watching her. But his concern was Elrond right now. If possible, he would jump forward, grab the elf and get out of the chamber quickly. But Azruk was standing in the way. The uruk warlord spoke.
"Now, pathetic elves, what do you give us for the life of your lord?"
Old 06-28-2002, 01:03 PM   #333
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"Well, what do you want?" Elenna's voice quavered a little - she knew what he wanted.

"What do you think I want, wench? I want to kill you. Right in front of your whole damned army. Your life for your lord's."

"Done." Elenna stood.

"What?" Lindir and Aduchil shouted. "You can't!"

"Yes, I can, and I will."

"Well, come then." Azruk grabbed her arm roughly and shoved her out of the door, back into the Council Chamber.

OOC: NOBODY is to write the execution or goodbye scenes. I have them written already. I have to go now, but I'll be back soon. PLEASE. If you do, you will be proved to be a very bad person.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:42 PM   #334
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The two witches hung back from the lord. Doubting the warlord had noticed they were in the room, they had established a mind link so they would not be noticed at all, although they hadnt used it for a while. Aman sat in disgusted silence, rubbing her neck.
The uruk does not know what he was doing. We will show him. Thrakatburz was the first to break the silence of their minds.
He knew. He knew he should not have leaid hands on me, and if he ever does again, he shall loose his hands!
However, I couldnt help noticing he was not the only one whos hands were going everywhere...
Aman glanced at the other, but Thrakat kept her gaze straight ahead. The red haired witch couldnt help noticing her shudder slightly as she remember.
As I said, he is nothing and soon we shall be away. Ah, the party begins...
The Two Witches attention was taken up by what was happening beneath the dark rafters of the roof where they sat.
They listened in silence as the parties 'negotiated'. Then came the bit Aman had almost sensed.
"Well, what do you want?" Aman heard the quaver in Elennas voice as she spoke; they both knew what was coming.
"What do you think I want, wench? I want to kill you. Right in front of your whole damned army. Your life for your lord's."
"Done." Elenna stood.
"What?" Lindir and Aduchil shouted. "You can't!"
"Yes, I can, and I will."
At that moment inside Aman something cracked. The terrible stillness inside her was shattered.
"No." It was a whisper in her head at first, but then it got louder, she was repeating it, out loud. "No. No. No! NO!" She stood, but the other witch grabbed her arm before she jumped. The others were looking up now at the two witches.
"Aman...." Elenna stared at her friend standing in the darkness, horror in her voice as she realised what had happened to the witch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Lindir stared in horror at the uruk as he said the words, then at Elenna as she agreed.
"No!" Him and Ala both stepped forward and shouted, but Elenna held up her hand.
"NO!" Now they all stared towards the gallery and saw the 2 witches on the rafter. It was not a surprise to Lindir as much, as he had heard them conversing, but hadnt believed it. Their eyes met for a moment before Aman jumped back into the shadows of the rafters and all that was left was the sound of her fading footsteps. Elenna simply stared ahead, her eyes blank...was that a tear in her eye....?
Old 06-29-2002, 12:14 AM   #335
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

It was settled then. Azruk would finally get his hands on Elenna, and that too in front of all the orcs and elves. Azruk slammed the lid of the jar and threw it towards Thrak. A low groan emitted from inside and the elves present winced. Elenna stood impassively. She had waited for this moment since the day Azruk had killed her sister and burned his name on her arm. She had lived that day every second of her life since then, but no more.

"Keep the elf lord hidden until I deal with Elenna, I will then decide what we will do.
As of you two elven trash, depart now if you value your worthless hides."

Aduchil and Lindir took a step forward, but the massive uruk Kurhg barred their way. They stepped back sullenly and Lindir called out,"We will see that this ends soon, milady Elenna, we will be with you all the way."
And they stepped out of the room.

An hour later the stage was set outside in the woods. Elves and Uruks stood in a ring on opposite sides as Azruk and Elenna squared off. It was a clear mismatch as the Uruk Warlord towered over the Elf Commander in more ways than one. She looked like a child in front of his mass. But her eyes gave away her intent as the desire to kill this nemesis burned in them.

Azruk cracked his knuckels and grinned, a yellow toothed grin, but Elenna didn't take her eyes off him, she was ready for his every move. The only weapons decided upon were swords and Elenna stood proud with her blade, Lalaith, named after her dear sister.
Azruk held aloft his enormous cleaver sword, one which had slain elves far too numerous for a count. The tension in the air could be cut with a knife as the opposing forces on either side showed great resolve in holding back from tearing into each other.

The fight began, there were no rules, just kill your opponent. The two warriors clashed. Elenna surprised many with the enormous strength she possessed as she thwarted the Uruks powerful, bone jarring thrusts and sword strokes. Azruk enjoyed himself, he lived for battle. He dicided to toy with the flustered elf maiden. His mistake. As he let his guard down, Elenna deftly drew first blood with a swift slash across his chest. Azruk's eyes glowered and with a backhand swipe he knocked the elf maid down to the ground.

As Elenna lay, blood trickling out of he mouth, Azruk raised his arms and danced around. The Elven warriors urged her to rise up and fight. With a loud yell, she leapt to her feet and renewed her attack. Azruk welcomed it.

OOC - Elenna, carry on part of the battle but don't end it cause I have it all laid out. Nobody else interfere with this fight because you're just watching this, if you do you will be killed.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:23 AM   #336
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hogarth watched helplessly and in rage for the evil uruk, a dog from Sauron's pits, had got what he wanted. This was unfair and they should all attack at once. The rangers and elves had the upper hand in this battle, why did Elenna give in to so low a challenge.
Hogarth failed to notice a deep gash in his side and bled unknowingly. His mind was too occupied to feel pain. He felt tired though.

Aduchil and Lindeir had emerged from the negotiations and told them what had happened and what was going to. Everyone was enraged. First at the loss of Celeb and now at this foolhardy test for Elenna. The Uruks had to be taught a lesson.

Hogarth eyed the large uruk named Kurhgg in the uruk camp and thought if he could fell so large a beast, maybe the other uruks would fear him and all the rangers. He decided to wait till the ongoing contest came to an end and then attack the big lummox who was enjoying this unfair contest a bit too much.

And then all of Rivendell would be cleansed of such vile filth or his life as a ranger and elf friend would be meaningless.

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: The Viking Thunder ]
Old 06-29-2002, 02:07 PM   #337
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman watched in horror from the shadows and jumped as she felt Thrakats hand on her shoulder. Spinning around the other witch saw the reproach in her face.
"We must leave."
Aman shook her head. "No. I will not leave Elenna." Her face was set but her thoughts were scattered like leaves in the wind.
"Now now Aman." Thrakats voice was soft and she spoke soothingly to the younger. "Dont you remember what we said? The warrior maid does not matter. Our bond matters." She held out her hand to Aman and again the ribbon of flame whipped across them. It strengthened Amans resolve; she had said they did not matter and...and...no, they didnt matter.
She let a silver flame whip out of her hands to meet the other witches and saw Thrakat smile. Was that reief? Had she doubted Aman?
"We shall leave now. We must leave now!" Amans voice was almost desperate. No matter how hard her front was, she felt with every blow Elenna took a moment of their childhood together. The other nodded briefly. They had barely anything to pack but Aman had to go to get her bow and arrows, while Thrakat simply said she had a few matters to attend to.
As she left the hall she assumed her passage was concealed as the attention was turned to the terrible fight between Azruk and Elenna, but this was not the case...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Lindir saw the flame which passed between the two witches hands and straining his eyes he saw the figures of them. he couldnt hear what they said as they were speaking aloud, but he was alarmed when they left. Lindir hated the other witch for what she had done and what he had heard of her, but he did not know what he felt for Aman; he had felt immediatley attracted towards the red haired witch since he had first heard her voice in his mind, but he now knew of how treacherous she was; his heart should have been turned from her. But was it? He no longer knew.
Elenna was floored by Azruk and he tensed, stepping forward before being shoved back by the orcs between them and the fight. Soon Elenna was up again though. Was the table turning.
He felt desperatly guilty as he slipped out of the hall, but he had to find Aman...
Old 06-29-2002, 03:11 PM   #338
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa looked on in fear, horror and alarm as she watched from the cover of the trees and bushes at the side.
Elenna was fighting Azruk and she could do nothing to help.She felt to helpless.
She clenched her fists tighty making her nails dig into her hands.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:44 PM   #339
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa stood next to Aduchil, yelling at Elenna. "Get up, fool, get up!"
She jolted forward. A masive Uruk held her back. "Foolish Elf. Stay back." He slasehed her across the stomach with his cleaver.
"Ahhe!" She fell onto the ground, in a river of Elves.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:16 PM   #340
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala, stood next to Calen and Fae. She caught the elf as she fell back.
"You ok?" Ala asked.
"Yah..."Fea felt sore all over, but fought it off.
"I'll heal you after the fight." Ala looked again to Azruk and her friend Elenna. She gave a sigh, and watched as Elenna fell. But she sprung back up and managed to strike him in the face with a blow from her fist. She felt helpless, and wanted to help, but this was Elenna's fight, not hers.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:44 AM   #341
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir sprinted behind the tents, not caring to be stealthy. Nothing mattered except getting to the elfwitch before it was too late. He neednt have worried- all the orcs were in the negotiations...but then again, that wasnt exactly comforting. He ran, feeling like traitor. As he tore around a corner, he saw the faint eerie glow of magefire from inside a tent and his heart lept. Aman. Slowing, he skidded and walked into the tent.
"Aman!" She froze but didnt turn at first.
"Lindir...I...I...Why are you here?"
He was in no mood to listen. Hurt and confused he stepped towards her. "Well at least Im here with the right side!"
Now she turned and for a moment Lindir was ashamed to find himself tensing up, ready for her to hit him. But she simply looked at him as if he was a child, something like pity shining in her eyes. It tore him apart.

"Dont Lindir. I am not as you knew me. The right side?" She spoke softly and Lindir felt a shiver slide down his back as he realised how like Thrakat she sounded. "What is the right side Lindir?"
"The side that fights for good."
"Good? Nothing is black and white."
"The side that belives in honour."
"Honour among thieves."
"The side that fights for its own people." That hurt. Aman stared at him for a moment before turning from him as if bored, her claok swirling behind her. Tears were now welling up in the young male elfs eyes and suddenlt he felt angry. "The side that doesnt just abandon its own for a murderess witch."He pressed on.
"Dont." She spoke as if she was gritting her teeth but he kept going.
"Who belive in truth and kindness."
"Dont!" Her voice was louder now but still muffled.
"Why?!" He grabbed her shoulder and spun Aman around to face him. She pulled back and he saw tears in her eyes too.
"Please dont Lindir." It wasnt a command now. It was a plea.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Aman tried to keep back the tears but now one spilled down her cheek. She also was being ripped apart. Slowly she reached out for Lindirs hand and was surprised but grateful when he took it. Leaning forward she kissed him gently on the lips and at the same time she drew a short assasins dagger from her belt. Lindir pulled away but she held his hand firmly and motioned a finger to her lips. Raising his left hand, she slit the palm diagonally. The blood welled up and he bit his lip as he once again tried to pull away. She then did the same to her hand.
Lindir stared at her puzzled as she pressed their palms together.
"This bond will hold us together." Her voice was calm. "No matter where I am, I will think of you by this scar."
"And I you." His voice was choked as he replied.
The witch smiled as she looked into his eyes. The moment broke when Aman stood and walked from the tent...but she stopped at the door. Lindir looked so hopeful she almost stopped right then. With some hesitation she spoke.
"I...Will you...." She sighed and pulled a small chain from her pocket. "Give this to Elenna. Tell her...tell her Im sorry."
With that she turned and walked to theplace she and Thrakat had agreed to meet. Drawing a shaky breath, she couldnt bring herself to wipe away the tears flowing freely down her cheeks.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:19 PM   #342
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna stood before Azruk, her head up. The fall had done something to her wrist - she no longer could fight. She looked him in the eye, but suddenly, she no longer saw him. Instead, she was in a dense wood.

The others saw her draw herself up, dropping her sword. A soft silvery light began around her, and her blue eyes seemed to be on fire, as did the stone in her circlet.

Softly, slowly, Elenna began to chant. It took a while to hear what she was saying, but soon they realized what it was - the lay of Beren and Tinuviel.

...Tinuviel was dancing there.
The light of stars was in her hair
And on her mantle glimmering.

Azruk blanched a little. His foe looked different, not small and battered, but queenly. In his heart, a small seed of fear began to take root.

Glorfindel stood to the right of the ring of soldiers that had been formed. He started to walk toward Elenna, and in that instant, Azruk saw him.

OOC: Cimm, you know what to do!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:24 PM   #343
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk gaped at the spectre of Elenna before him, she appeared godlike and the sight made the Uruk warlord cringe. He felt nauseous and dropped to his knees.
But out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Glorfindel make a dash toward him. A swift heavy kick in the face quickly floored the blond elf. Azruk jumped up and kicked Glorfindel again, by which time all the elves closing in attacked.

The Uruk Warlord fought like a cornered wild animal. Elven warriors flew left and right from his flailing fists. Watching their leader being outnumbered the rest of the Uruks charged into the fray. Then all hell broke loose.

Azruk, having vanquished all the elves that fell on him, approached Elenna and grabbed her. Lightning bolts seemed to coarse through his massive form and a searing jolt of pain threw him off her. Cursing he jumped up and limped off toward the larger battle in the surrounding woods. He was severely injured and his uruk warriors were being outclassed by the Elves and Men. This was an unforseen defeat, but he could still turn it to his advantage.

Spotting the female hobbit as she hid under some bushes, Azruk quitely moved toward her, an evil malicious grin spread across his face. Meanwhile the uruks savagely battled the elf army. Kurhg, the giant uruk, found himself facing Holgarth, the leader of the Rangers. Elenna, oblivious to all this violence, fell deeper into her trance.

Ooc - Your move Elenna, Whatever you do Azruk intends to hold rosa hostage.
Viking, take the fight to Kurhg.
Rosa, you can run but can you hide?
Aman, are you considering your witch character's redemption. I think the story will be enriched if she or Lindir is killed.

[ July 04, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-04-2002, 05:30 AM   #344
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Lindir could not bring himself to leave Aman, and followed slowly behind her, trying to remain hidden, seeking only revenge against Thrakatburz for what she had done to the other witch. Aman stoppped in the allocated place to wait for Thrakatburz, and Lindir waited silently, his body tensed, for the arrival the dark temptress. He did not se her, but felt suddenly cold steel pressed against his neck.
"What have we here?" A cold voice whispered in his ear. "You would do better to be on your guard when you are in enemy territory." Flame danced across the blade of the dagger, stinging Lindir's neck and making him gulp. The dagger scraped against his neck and a single drip of blood quenched it's flames.
"It would be so easy to kill you now and leave your body here," Thrakatburz said watching the blood run along the blade of her knife and feeling it's power coursing through her viens, "but I want you to see what Aman has become. I want you to experience first hand her strength and her shadow." Her voice was malicious, cold and totally without any trace of remorse.
"She will not do it." Lindir croaked.
"We shall see." Replied his captor confidently, thrusting him towards the place where the red-haired elf was waiting.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:42 AM   #345
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman waited, her back against a tree as she watched the border of the camp from where the other witch would come. Inside her once again that terrible stillness reigned. Occasionally a thought might flicker as to what was happening to her frie- to the other elves, but it seemed to be happening to someone else; why would she care.
Would the charm she had given Elenna work?
How was the battle going?
How were the others?
In reply to these nothing in her responded. She felt that as she had gained respect from Thrakatburz, she has with it lost her soul.
Looking up she saw the witch coming...but with her she dragged another figure. Aman almost smiled. This would take her mind off what was happening inside. After all, it was one of Thrakats favourite past times.
"Aman my friend, look what Ive brought for you to play with!" Thrakat laughed and threw the elf down in front of the tree. Aman smiled in the darkness at first as well. She kicked the figure in the side so she could see his face before stopping in shock. The face was too familiar; jet black hair, pale slim face and brilliant azure eyes. Lindir.
"What the...." Aman stared in horror at him before she got angry. "What in the name of Morgoth are you doing here?!"
She felt Thrakats hand on her shoulder. "Go on my young friend. Blood shall start our new alliance. Start as you mean to go on!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindir looked at the witch who had just kicked him. He had run over everything that could happen as he was dragged here, but he had never expected to see what he saw now. Red hair. Green eyes. Cynical face.
But it wasnt Aman.
"Go on my young friend. Blood shall start our new alliance. Start as you mean to go on!"
He didnt even glare at the dark evil creature; he couldnt take his eyes off Aman. Her face hardened and she smiled, sending a shiver down his spine. She held out her hand and he took it, standing up.
"Lindir. How are you?"
"Aman." He let out a sigh of relief. "Im all the better for seeing you."
"Oh. Well, we can fix that!" She lashed out with a knife, knocking him to the ground and drawing a thin line of blood across his cheek. The shock and force of it made him stumble and fall to
He stared at her in horror as she looked down at him, the blood glistening on her hand. As she kicked his side he clenched his fists to stop himelf crying out. When he did so, he felt the scar on his palm and looked up hopefully.
The fight went for a while, although he wouldnt fight back. he couldnt fight someone he felt so close to.
As she kicked his side he clenched his fists to stop himelf crying out. When he did so, he felt the scar on his palm and looked up hopefully.
"This bond will make me think of you."
Aman stared at him for a moment before pulling him up to hit him. As she was about to do so, he heard her whisper.
"And I will think of you."
Old 07-04-2002, 01:14 PM   #346
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

White-Hand

"And I will think of you."
"No, Amanaduial, you will not think of him, unless it is to remember the pain of his death. You may have gained my respect, but you have yet to gain my trust, you must kill him." Thrakatburz breathed quietly down Aman's neck. Lindir did not move, but remained sprawled on the muddy ground, too dazed to try and escape. Aman's breathing was swift and irregular and tears were now dropping from her chin. Thrakatburz put a comforting hand on the other elf's back and her face became soft and reassuring. Gently she wiped the tears from Aman's cheeks.
"It can be hard, I understand, but if you can do this, you can do anything. Take a few minutes to think about this and strengthen your resolve. I'll stay here and watch Lindir." Her voice was so calm and persuasive that Aman, in her state of shock, could not help but obey and turned slowly to walk among the trees.

After Thrakatburz was sure Amanaduial was out of sight, she turned to Lindir who still lay in a pool of blood and churned soil. She bent down to him and took his hand, pulling him up lightly despite his size. He wobbled slightly and she supported him until he had regained his balance. She leaned against a tree facing her captive, her long black dress revealing her marble skin and clinging to her lithe body.
"It does not have to be this way Lindir." She spoke slowly, her face innocent, eyes wide.
"I'll never join you after what you've done to Aman" Lindir's voice was defiant but hushed.
Thrakatburz laughed, a sound like water suddenly rushing over pebbles. "How naïve you are." She took a step closer to him, putting her hands on his shoulders and sliding them up to his neck so that they encircled it, but their caress was tender and not restricting. "You'll die no matter what happens, but if you do what I want, I'll slit your throat, and you need never see Aman again. I could make your last minutes here a pleasure for both of us." She slipped her arm around his neck and ran the finger of her other hand over his chest where his tunic had been ripped. "What do you say?"
Old 07-04-2002, 02:17 PM   #347
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

A crack of a twig alerted Rosa's attention behind her.The hobbit' eyes wided and her mouth took in a gasp as she saw the hugh creature.His mouth curled up in a devilish grin.
Rosa instently jumped up on her feet and ran towards the wall of greenery with the creature closely in tow.She breathing was unsteady and fast as she stumbled over the logs and twigs but finally she felt stong hands grab her shoulder and leaft her high in the air.
Old 07-04-2002, 02:40 PM   #348
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman sat by a small stream, trying to clear her mind. Soon her breathing slowed down and she took a deep breath, listening to the soothing stream. She looked at the knife she had cut Lindir with and once again she almost felt sick. His blood. She looked at the scar on her hand which had now split open. His blood.
Poisoning her.
She would show him. Yes, the witches would show him. She smiled to herself. Slowly and painfully.

As she walked back to the tree where she had left them she suddeny stiffened. She was used to eavesdropping on the others conversations and felt there to be no wrong in it- Thrakat would do it to her. But the words...
"...You'll die no matter what happens, but if you do what I want, I'll slit your throat, and you need never see Aman again. I could make your last minutes here a pleasure for both of us. What do you say?"
The red head started to burn with rage. So that was how she played it. Aman looked at the split cut on her palm before clenching her fist. A tear fell from her eye onto the fist and she started to shake. This wasnt how she wanted it. And although she could never come back to the old Amanaduial, she would not let this one go any further...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Lindir gawped at the beauty standing in front of him, taking in every detail. She was so beautiful and persuasive...her pale skin....the low, slightly slit dress....
His concience cried in a corner of his mind against it, but how could he resist? He knew magic must have been involved, but he still pulled against it...
She leant forward, her lips slightly parted, her head slightly turned to kiss him, and he in return turned...no...no...
The witch jerked suddenly as if something had hit her from behind. Lindir stared at her. Had he really been about to...no, he couldnt have...
Looking up the boy saw Aman raise her flame covered hand for another jolt to hit the dark one with. Lindirs breath was taken away. Her hair flew behind her as if blown by an imaginary wind emanating from Thrakat, the flames seemed alive as they moved up and down her arm and her eyes were glowing silver.
As she jolted a shot out of her hand, Thrakat moved like a snake to counter it with ice. She had been caught unaware though, and was still smarting from the last blow, her shoulder burnt and sore, giving Aman the advantage. A shard of ice broke past the flames though, hitting Amans shoulder. Let the battle begin...
Old 07-04-2002, 06:37 PM   #349
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala looked at Elenna in awe. She looked so different, and queen-like. Ala tried to move to Elenna, but the orcs kept coming, and Azruk was no where to be found, as far as Ala could see. She took out her sword and with her back against Calen's. She killed orcs here and there, and her face and arms were covered in blood. She looked over and saw Elenna, still shining like a star. She looked like she was in a trance.
But then Ala saw that Elenna's circlet glowing.
"The Prophecy is coming true." She mutterd to Calen.

[ July 04, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 07-05-2002, 03:11 AM   #350
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil tried to stay alive. The uruks, although outnumbered, fought savagely and several times was he near death. Glorfindel killed an uruk judt before he was about to hit Aduchil in the back.
"Thank you. If you haven't been so quick..."
"Save the praises. Were is Elenna?"
"She left with Azruk in that direction. I think the little hobbit is with them as well."
"I will look for them then. Take care, my friend."
"You too."
Old 07-05-2002, 06:32 AM   #351
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hogarth's fears were realised when the uruks restarted their savagery. They fought like wild beasts, and took many of the elvs and rangers by surprise by their ferocity. Hogarth managed to kill a few before he came face to face with a huge monster of an uruk. Kurgh was his name, but the ranger did not care. It was just another orc to slay.
The fight with this giant uruk-hai was hard, almost impossible, but Hogarth drew on all his experience from his years as a ranger.

The uruk used his brute strength which was immense and Hogarth barely managed to keep avoiding him, trying to use the monster's great strength against him. Then he remembered the dagger that Celeb had dropped in the field before she was killed, he remembered hearing that she had stopped kurgh with it before and fortunately Hogarth had recovered that dagger and it was right here inside his vest. He was pinned against the tree by kurgh and just as the foul orc was about to deliver the mortal blow, Hogarth lashed out and sank the dagger deep in the chest of the uruk. The dagger contained magicks that spread like poison through it's evil blood and it fell backward dead. Hogarth let out a deep sigh of relief but all was not well yet as a shrill cry reminded him.

Looking around, Hogarth saw scenes of brutal violence all around him, there was no sign of Aman or Lindir, and Elenna was using a spell on herself. Aduchil and Glorfindel fought valiantly as did every elf and man against the orcs. Hogarth focused onto the source of the scream and suddenly saw Azruk, and he was carrying a small body that wriggled and struggled against his grip.

The ranger gave chase and tackled the uruk-hai leader. All of them fell to the ground and Hogarth recieved a heavy boot to the head for his trouble. Rosa screamed and got slapped by Azruk, she cried as blood trickled out of her lip. Hogarth jumped on top of Azruk and punched him repeatedly in the face but the monster just grinned and threw him off. Hogarth wished he had Celebmundoiel's dagger of the sun, but it was buried deep inside Kurgh. Yet he had another dagger in his boot. But before he could react three arrows hit him from the back and he fell forward.

Blood spurted out of his mouth and his eyes rolled in his head, he heard Rosa scream and Azruk laugh and saw the uruk pick up the hobbit as she looked pleadingly at him, and walk away. His sight blurred, then everything got dim.... an intense burning sensation overtook him, his breath failed him, his body tensed and spasmed... and didn't move anymore.

--------------
Ooc - Hogarth is dead, sorry to do a Boromir. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2002, 09:42 AM   #352
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa struggled against the grip that crushed her shoulder but it did'nt yeld and Rosa cried out as pain shot though her side.
Suddinly the creature fell taking Rosa with him to the hard ground and letting go of her should.The hobbit landed on the groud with a thud and she whimpered.She saw a big person receiving a blow from the uruk and Rosa screamed out but was silenced with a hit from the uruk, throwing her to the ground.
As she got back up and opened her eyes a bloody body of the man lay unmoving.
"NO!"Rosa shouted scuffling to the body but was stopped as the tight grip was felt again on her shoulder and she was, once again, lifted into the air.
Old 07-05-2002, 11:03 AM   #353
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

White-Hand

Thrakatburz's shoulder burned and feeling the cold of the ice coursing down her arm reduced the pain and brought her new strength, but she knew neither she nor Amanaduial could keep up an attack of this potency for long. While still directing an attack at Aman with her right hand, she reached for her dagger with the left. Still coutering the other witch's attack, Thrakatburz grabbed Lindir and thrust him in front of her, his slim frame just obscuring her own from the blaze Aman was creating. As soon as Aman saw what her enemy was doing, she stopped the flames sprouting from her hands, not wanting to hurt Lindir who was still dazed and confused.
"You can't keep up this magic for long Aman." Thrakatburz's voice said from behind Lindir, her arm reaching around him, placing her dagger against his throat. "Nor can I, but I could manage it up for longer than you if I needed to. We're on the same side, let's not fight about this. We would do much better to save our strength to attack our enemies instead of killing each other." Aman's arms dropped to her sides as the voice of the other witch penetrated every crevice of her mind. "You can have Lindir if you want," Thrakatburz continued, "he means nothing to me." She pushed Lindir forward, still staying behind him. Aman took a few slow steps towrads the approaching elf.
Just as the two were within each other's reach, Thrakatburz threw Lidir to the side and lunged towards Amanaduial, her dagger still in her hand. Aman was caught off guard and Thrakatburz had her in a vice before she could even think of using any magic. "You thought I'd let you get away with attacking me like that?" She hissed in her opponent's ear. "I can get on without some little upstart trying to kill me whenever I try to have some fun. You will die and so will Lin-" Her sentance was cut short as Aman ellbowed her sharply in the ribs and whipped herself away. Thrakatburz was almost instantly back on her feet and threw herself at Aman before she had time to conjure up a defense. Aman had had time to draw her own knife, but was still reluctant to use it against her former mentor. Thrakatburz was not so hesitant and had inflicted several minor wounds before Aman began to attack properly, but by now she was weakened and off balance. She struck an ill-timed blow at Thrakatburz who easily dodged and slipped her dagger into Aman's breast. She withdrew it viciously and watched with contempt as Aman crumpled into a heap on the ground. Confidently Thrakatburz turned to Lindir, wiping the blood from her hands.
"You never answered my proposition."
Old 07-05-2002, 01:19 PM   #354
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Thrakat sliced Amans cheek across the cheekbone, one of the many wounds now on her. This threw her off balance and suddenly she felt cold steel between her ribs. She felt Thrakat pull the dagger viciously back and fell to the ground. Gasping she clutched her chest and was horrified to touch her own ribs. She looked up to the witch standing victoriously above her and as their eyes caught and the other smiled.
Her vision seemed blurred and she could hear something strange in her ears, like birdsong. How could it be birdsong in the night in this wood? The other two elves were talking now but Aman could not hear them. What were their names again...what did it matter? What mattered was sleep, the sleep that was coming onto her now...
She forced herself back into reality. Slowly she began to chant, choking each word out.
Morierea, Beikaea, Hyandae en' luhta,nai turamin ...The words came more quickly now and the witchs eyes burned with fire and brimstone. The taller witch spun around, but her movements were slow and as she tried to reply the words were muffled. Aman held her hands clasped together in a seamless cage as if she held something in them. The bones were showing hard against her tense skin as if she held great power. Yala onna en' vilya, Yala rauko,Yala onna en' kemen, Yala onna en' alu... A strange substance was slowing around her hands, like air solidified and yet flowing. Each time she said one of the titles a new elemental joined the swirling mass; air, earth, fire, water, then a strange daemen with glowing eyes seemed to settle itself half invisible on her hands, which were now shaking like her whole body with power. She looked up and the dark witch filled her vision. Holding up her hands the other two saw the suppressed power in it.
"The hurt that was done to me I entrust into thy power oh spirits, to maginify and show...to the one who..hurt me..." She was peaking with difficulty now, but with her last remaining strength she smiled before flinging the ball in the daemons claws at the dark witch. Every one of Amans injuries both physical and mental were maginifed and forced on Thrakat, who writhed in pain. She appeared to be being torn apart before falling still to the ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
"Get away from me dog of mordor." Lindir forced the words out, trying to ignore Thrakats beauty. Outraged, the seductress opened her mouth before freezing.
Behind them Aman was forming her spell and the other two watched in horror...but to Lindirs there was added a certain amount of satisfaction.
~
Aman fell back again, drained, her eyes closed. Lindir ran and knelt by her side. He was appalled by the cuts and bruises covering her and hastily began ripping strips of his shirt.
"Leave it." Amans eyes opened slightly and Lindir saw her eyes had returned to their usual colour although they were slightly misty.
"But...I can help you...Y- you dont have to die..."
"No!" She said more sharply, more as a plea. "No. Please, I dont..I dont deserve...I dont deserve to live...or to love."
A tear slipped down Lindirs face as he realised what she was saying. She held her hand out and he mirrored it with his, the scars tracing each other.
"I cant let you die."
"I cant live. I...I cant. Please, remember me. As long as you remember me, I shall live on."
He put his hand on her wound, feeling her life blood trickling through his fingers. "Blood from your jewelled heart. So hard sometimes, yet so precious. Amanaduial Mircorm- Jewelheart."
She smiled, and reached out for his face. He held her hand against his cheek, the tears rolling onto it.
"Farewell sweet singer, until I see you...in the halls...of...Manwe...." Her eyes misted and closed, but a smile was left on her face.
Lindir sat, her hand still against his tear streaked cheek, tears falling as he rocked slowly in front of his beloved dead witch...

[ July 05, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 07-06-2002, 12:06 AM   #355
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk watched another of them die, "Insignificant," he thought as Hogarth gasped his last breath out. The uruk warlord strode briskly forward with the hobbit slung over his bleeding shoudler, knocking down elves that tried to get in his way. The terrified hobbit, now smeared in her blood and the uruks, kept silent as tears streamed down her pretty face. How she wished she had joined her cousin Frodo when they met in Lothlorien. How she wished she should have stayed home in the Shire. Twice again the uruk fell to the ground, hurting the hobbit ever more, yet he staggered on.

Suddenly Azruk felt Thrakatburz's voice in his mind cry out in pain, then a cold chill followed. He knew she was dead, yet he had no remorse. She had served his purpose. Mounting his horse Azalel, the uruk warlord roughly threw the captive hobbit in front of his saddle and rode off hard. Let those fools sort this out, Rivendell mattered little to him now, as did the elf lord. Remembering that Sauron had some need of halflings, Azruk decided to ride to Mordor. It was a long hard ride getting there but Azalel was up to it. There would be other days when he would kill Elenna.

But no, he was a warrior, not a coward to run away like one. He would wait for her
in the Camp across the Bruinen. He had his hostage, if this halfling was of value to Sauron so would she be to the Elfkind. He then tightly bound and gagged the hobbit lass and hid her by a rabbit borrow near the camp and decided to lay in ambush for he could feel Elenna's positive aura following him.

Ooc - Excellent pieces of work, Viking, Aman and Nev. If and uruk could cry, this one would.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:11 PM   #356
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna followed Azruk into the forest as silently as only an elf can. She had somewhat recovered from her spell, but she knew her aura was stronger than usual.

"This time..." she muttered under her breath. "This time, he will not escape me."

On she ran, fearing what he could be going to do.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:29 AM   #357
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil looked around. Azruk had left, as well as Elenna and Glorfindel. But now the few remaining uruks were either dead or had fled. He realised how many had died. Celeb as one of the first. Hogarth had also died, and what about the little hobbit? Was she dead also? He felt sick at the thought of so many he knew were gone. But at least Rivendell was safe now, and Lord Elrond was no more in the hands of the enemy.
"Lindir! Where were you?"
"She's dead, Aduchil."
"Who? Aman?"
"She and the other witch."
How many more was going to die?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:03 PM   #358
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala and Calen saw Lindir talking to Aduchil, and walked over.
"Has any one seen Aman?? I swear I will kill her when i see-"
"She's dead." Lindir stated bluntly.
"WHAT?!" Ala screamed, "No she can't be, why? how?"
Lindir told her everything. Ala turned her back to them when he finished.
"Now, i Have sumthing to tell you," she said,"The prophecy is coming true." She whispered.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:01 PM   #359
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa was sitting on the ground gripping her aching stomach when she heard something about Aman.

"What happened to Aman? Is she with us again?" Fëa looked questionly{sp?} to Aduchil and then to Lindir.

"She's dead." Aduchil answered and lowered his head. "We all know it now."

Fëa grabbed Aduchil's waist. "She was a fool. She should have stayed with us. She wouldn't of died! But no. She had to be like her MOTHER!." Fëa's eyes turned red and she threw a rock at a tree. The tree caught on fire.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:09 AM   #360
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil looked disturbed at Fea. Aman's mother? Something was going on that he did not know.
"Fea, calm down. Such things happen, and it isn't always somebody's fault. We have all lost friends and family. But think of those who survived instead. At a time like this, when we have barely stopped this invasion, we have to think of the future now. There is no good in dwelling in the past."