User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2003, 05:50 PM   #121
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Nothing" replied Telpeheled to Maeralagos' question. "It's just...just a joke. Something I told Bordarigorn."

Maeralagos' face looked awfully pale.
"Are you sure you shouldn't be the one leaning weakly against a tree? Maybe you should sit down before you fall. What is wrong?" asked Telpeheled painfully.
"Talk to me. Can't you see it hurts me to talk?" he continued slightly fretfully.

I sound like a child whining! he thought. Now on top of causing everyone to run around me because I can't handle myself in battle, I'm moaning at the person who is so nice to me and behaving as if I were an infant at my mothers knee. He sighed softly.
"I should not have come to burden you like this" he muttered to himself as well as Maeralagos. "Bordarigorn was right to be doubtful, his error came in changing his mind."

"Will you just sit down please?" he suddenly burst out, startling Maeralagos.
Oops, I suppose I'm still slightly emotional

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-22-2003, 07:04 PM   #122
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maeralagos' shoulders started back from their slightly forward-hunched in observance posture. Dumbly, he sat down on the dirt, looking back up at the others around them.

"Half a moment," he breathed to them, and the small crowd dispersed, to go about whatever else needed their own individual attention. He looked back at Telpeheled. "I'm sorry," he said. "I just didn't know what to say. To tell the truth, whenever I've been in a situation to tend to a wounded youth such as you, he's never asked anyone to speak, again," his eyes dropped to the ground. That had been a morbid thing to say. He looked back up at Telpeheled. "What happened to you just then? What did you see?"
Old 02-22-2003, 07:43 PM   #123
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gabrielle suddenly stood. Scouts were arriving. They reported that the army was less than an hour away. The elven captain readied her archers for the incoming legions of Sauron. They took up positions among the trees and waited for reinforcements from Caras Galadhon. Smoke drifted in the darkening sky above the trees.

Soon, a great chaos came to Gabrielle's pointed ears. Metal flashed and rippled in the far distance. Hundreds of fell voices rose in the air. The earth began to shake. The trees began to shiver. Soon, Gabrielle could see individual soldiers in the distance, charging between the trees in an unrelenting barrage of Sauron's forces. Foul arrow-shafts were loosed into the air in her direction. A cloud of them landed around her, striking wood and earth. Gabrielle raised her bow along with the rest of her company as the front lines of the army drew nearer. So it began...
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #124
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Telpeheled was surprised thatMaeralagos actually listened to him and sat. Maybe he's tired too, and finds it easier to just follow orders than think? It comforted Telpeheled to think that older, more experienced Elves had suffered in the scuffle too.

Suddenly Telpeheled realised that Maeralgos was talking. That's the problem when you tell someone to talk. You have to listen!

"...To tell the truth, whenever I've been in a situation to tend to a wounded youth such as you, he's never asked anyone to speak, again"
Telpeheled felt guilty at the obvious pain on his face, but Maeralagos was still talking.

"What happened to you just then? What did you see?"

"May I just say, Maeralagos, I would not have made those jokes if I had known it would cause you pain. I have not really had contact with death, myself, but it must be terrible."
He looked closely at Maeralagos but could not read what he was thinking.

Telpeheled continued. "As for what I saw, it was just, well, darkness. And lots of noise, voices and crashes, that sort of thing. I do not know what you expected?"
"You said something odd. About dancing?" replied Maeralagos.

"Ah" Telpeheled smiled. "I also had some sort of a dream- a vision, I suppose. One of the city maidens. And you of course interrupted it, saving my life." He sighed theatrically. Then, looking serious he turned to Maeralagos "I am grateful, you know. Thank you."

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #125
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He was one of the few who had not been injured in the recent encounter. After he had seen Telpeheled come back around he smiled...the elf would be alright. He wandered back over to Erdamineon.

"How are you friend?" He looked to the wound "Can you see? It has already begun to close. The grace of the Valar is with you." He smiled.

He took the moment to sit down next to the elf, grey eyes moving across the camp. Everyone was alive and recovering...no one had been injured beyond healing. He was grateful. Though athelas was very potent, it had its limits. His thoughts came back around and he looked to the fallen wolves.

"If we stay here then we should remove the carnage...orcs are drawn to the scent of death." He looked around, "Though I suggest we relocate for the time being so as to avoid any unwelcome guests."

He looked to Bordarigorn for approval or dismissal. It was true they had injured, but he was still strong, he would help move them until they got their feet about them.

"Bordarigorn...what is your say on the matter?"

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Old 02-23-2003, 12:12 PM   #126
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Oh, that's fine," Maeralagos replied softly, lowering his head bashfully at Telpeheled's apology about his jokes. It was preferable to have someone light of heart around.

He looked straight back at Telpeheled as he continued to speak, telling him about the maiden, explaining his strange speech and actions.

"I am grateful, you know. Thank you," he finished, looking dolefully back at Maeralagos. This time, it was no joke.

"I could not have made myself act any differently," Maeralagos replied.

"Though I suggest we relocate for the time being so as to avoid any unwelcome guests," Maeralagos heard a voice behind him, one of the Elves speaking to Bordarigorn. He stood up, helping Telpeheled to his feet as well, turning to watch the conversation. He agreed that they needed to move on, at least away from here. It was about the unsafest place they could be, save perhaps in the midst of a pack of swarming orcs.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:34 PM   #127
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After dealing with Telpeheled, Lofinneas returned to where Erdaminéon sat, to see how the wound was healing. The blood had long stopped, and the pain was beginning to lessen. Lofinneas was a true healer. As he looked over the wound, he spoke to the injured Elf,

“How are you friend? Can you see? It has already begun to close. The grace of the Valar is with you."

Perhaps the grace of the Valar is with me, but I should be with them. All that holds me to this world now is the hope that we may have some success over those foul creatures, and free Anuion from their grasps. I fear after that there will be no more reason for me to reamin here, thought Erdaminéon, morbidly. Lofinneas sat beside him, and looked over the ruined camp, with sad grey eyes.

"If we stay here then we should remove the carnage...orcs are drawn to the scent of death. Though I suggest we relocate for the time being so as to avoid any unwelcome guests.”

Erdaminéon nodded quietly. “The smell would bring the attention of any. Most would be repulsed by it. I cannot say I wish to meet with orcs so soon.”

Lofinneas looked to Bordarigorn to ask his approval. Erdaminéon began to attempt to stand. His arm was better, and he was well rested. If they were to move on, he would have to stand alone. He pressed his back against the tree, and began the struggle.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]
Old 02-24-2003, 11:21 PM   #128
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

His attention averted from the proclaimed leader to where his fallen comrade was trying to rise. He smirked and bent down, looping his arm through the elfs. "Your strength returns quickly...but don't exert yourself too much too soon."

When Erdamineon was on his feet, and Lofinnaes was sure he was stable he returned a gaze back to Bordarigorn. The man seemed to be in deep thought, and so he moved away momentarily. He walked over to a fallen carcass and stripped the arrow from the flesh. He would have to retrieve all the arrows he could, there would be no restoration once the battle was upon them.

He ran a rag over the arrowhead, surprised and gladdened by the fact it was still in tact. When it had been cleaned and polished he placed the arrow in his quiver before looking back to Bordarigorn.

Old 02-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #129
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gabrielle shouted orders. Chaos reined for a while, but order was found. "First line, FIRE!" Gabrielle had organised the archers into two lines. "Second line, FIRE! First line reload!" Many orcs and easterlings were falling, but still they came. "First line FIRE! Second line draw weapons!" The enemy was too close to shoot at now.

Gabrielle drew her own sword and prepared to fight. "We do this for Lothlorien. We do this for our families," Gabrielle was good at motivational speaches. "We do this for each other. ATTACK!" At this command the elves locked in combat with the enemy. Gabrielle was at the front fighting with her soliders.

A young, new member of the army fell. An orc approached him and lunged forward to attack. Gabrielle saw this and threw a knife at the orc, killing it instantly. She then went to help the solider up. "Don't let that happen again. I don't want to lose soliders if I don't have to." She smiled at the elf then continued to fight. This would be a long battle.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:57 PM   #130
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Skaibad took up his sword in his right hand and his spear in his left. He was now closing in on the treacherous band of Easterlings with many Orcs behind him. He felt something fly past his head and saw a bottle of wine smash into the side of an Easterling's head. Skaibad grinned and looked towards where the hard missiles where coming, there he could see Nozhdrul continuously flinging the bottles into the air. The Easterlings had been caught unawares and were now slipping all over the place, cutting themselves on the broken glass which now littered the floor. A few Orcs jumped into the frey, though most had the sense to stay back.

The bottles subsided a little and Skaibad urged the Orcs into battle with a yell. They were all lusting for battle and were glad to finally get their weapons into something, though lots of them went down before they got near an Easterling with their sword. Skaibad couldn't care less, as long as he wasn't hurt. He lunged forward with his spear and received a satisfying yell from the Easterling at the other end. He leaned forwards and cut the man's head clean off with his sword. Pushing the body off the end of his spear with his foot, he sliced down at another Easterling. cutting him through from shoulder to hip.

Skaibad spun round, ready for some more hacking and carving, but finding his sword blocked and he was face to face with Findorak, his face full of anger, bursting to be let out. Skaibad freed his sword and stabbed at Findorak, who blocked. Skaibad dropped his spear and put two hands on the hilt of his sword.

He swung hard at the easterling captain’s head but Findorak parried and the sword was pushed wide. Back and forth the two combatants swayed until with a might heave, Skaibad threw back Findorak into the opening of the cave. As he lurched forward Findorak rolled and his sword hit the cold stone. With another strike, Skaibad sent the sword of his enemy clattering across the floor. "Got you now you filthy Easterling!" he sneered.

He brought his sword down with all his might but it struck the stone floor and shattered. Findorak had managed to roll aside once again, and kicked out at the leg of Skaibad, bringing the orc to his knee.
Findorak immediately sprang away. Skaibad looked around and spotted a scimmitar in the hand of a dead orc, he reached over and grabbed it, then stood up and once again went after Findorak.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:17 PM   #131
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Anuion was surprised. The man and the beasts where fighting, but for no reason at all. It started with some yelling, but then some of the Easterlings began to draw their weapons. It was a small massacre and Anuion heard the sounds of battle rising everywhere. Suddenly he heard something strange. It was the sound of broken bottles. Anuion glanced in the direction of the source and spotted an Orc throwing wine bottles from behind crates.

Due the stupidity of the guards, the cage was left unattended and unlocked. Anuion sneaked out and headed for the bottle thrower. He crawled to the wall and from there he shuffled foot by foot with his back against it. He reached the Orc and grabbed a bottle of his own. Before the foul beast even noticed, a bottle struck his head and he felt out cold.

"No use for that sling here. Ill just barrow you knife for some time my friend." Anuion said to the Orc while going trough his inventory.

He took the knife out of his belt and rushed towards the exit of the cave. There where several fighting and Anuion could see the dead bodies falling on top of each other, creating large hill's of dead meat. An Easterling charged Anuion from the left, but a swift throat cut ended his life. With a powerful stab in the back he took down another one. The Orc's knife proved valuable and Anuion chopped, stabbed and butchered like a madman. He would show those ignorant rats's not to mess with Elves!
Bordarigorn could not help, but noticing that Erdamin?on was totally down. He was a newbie in combat, although he had a lot of practise it was still nothing like the real thing. Bordarigorn remembered his first encounter. It was then that he got the help of Anuion and if he was late that Warg would have eaten him. Bordarigorn wimpled of all the questions with a short lemmie think that trough for a moment and went to Erdamin?on.

"I see you are depressed Erdamin?on. It is not always easy to be in combat. You need to learn by experience. Let me tell you a little tale of a man that got into combat first." Bordarigorn said to Erdamin?on with a kind voice.

Erdamin?on did not sign him to shut up so Bordarigorn went on.

There was a man once, and that man was dying to get some action. His father tolled him not to, but he was too stubborn to listen. One night, when his father was not yet awake, that man went out to find battle. He found one all right. He found it in the form of a Warg. The Beast had been terrorizing the locals and was very dangerous to the environment. The man charged the beast head on and took a swing. But a hasty shot barely strikes right and the man found himself faced down with a 70 kilo Warg un top of him just dying to take a bite. With the last breath he had the man cried out for help. And just when he thought it was to late, an elfish blade chopped of the Warg's head. That man was so happy that he was saved that he tagged along with the elf. And after countless of battles he is now finally skilled in the arts of combat."

Erdamin?on listened fascinated to the story. (Although so did Bordarigorn think.) And when Bordarigorn was done he just stood up and said:" That man, what became of him?"

"You?re talking to him." Bordarigorn replied with a smile.

He went back to the group. And looked if everyone was okay. The sun was rising. It was a red sun.

"There is no time to waste. We must travel quickly. We leave the bodies here and shall speed ourselves with haste at least 10 miles further."

Maeralagos stepped forward and grabbed Bordarigorn by his shoulder.

"Telpeheled has just been called back from the edge of death. I don't think we can take him that far already." He said concerned.

"We can't stay here, and by the time we buried these corpses we will all have a long beard. Telpeheled is lucky. He does not have to walk." Bordarigron said and he turned to grab his backpack.

He packed his gear and released the strap?s a bit so the backpack was hanging a bit lower. Bordarigorn then went back and reached for Telpeheled's hand. The elf gave him his hand and Bordarigorn smiled.

"May I have this dance?" He asked sarcastic.

With a powerful pull, Bordarigorn lifted the Elf in the air and Telpeheled landed on Bordarigorn's back. Bordarigorn headed of and the rest soon followed.

"Just don't expect me to carrie you throughout this expedition young man. "Bordarigorn said.

He believed to hear a suppressed laugh coming from Telpeheled, but did not have the time to be bothered with it.

"Light as Elves are, carrying them around the Brown Lands does surely not make em lighter." Bordarigron said to himself while pushing himself to keep going.
________
Ford Boss 302 Engine Specifications

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:32 AM   #132
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Findorak scrambled away and began to ascend the hillside, the orc mere seconds behind him. He kicked loose stones down in his enemies face, preventing the orc from catching his leg. As he came out onto a flatter part of the hill he pulled free his knife from his belt. As the orc climbed over the ridge he lunged and Skaibad was almost thrown over the edge. But with some devilish cunning the orc managed to escape both stabbing and the fall. Findorak cursed the creature as he was flung back once again.

“Die, you cursed orc,” he cried, charging Skaibad.

“Not today, easterling scum,” replied the orc, and with a neat sidestep most unlike that of an orc, he sent Findorak reeling.

Skaibad brought his stolen scimitar forward and stabbed out, catching the man in the arm and bringing a cry to his lips. Findorak fell back and Skaibad followed in, but at the last moment the easterling twisted and, stabbing Skaibad deep in the thigh, tripped his nemesis. He staggered back, blood streaming out of his arm.

“How long will this end?” he thought, “ and can I win?”
The orc was larger than he, and while he was faster for now, that would soon run out, leaving the fight down to strength. As Skaibad rose again, the images of medal ceremonies in his home citadel and his posting as Captain of the Army rushed unbidden into his mind. His father’s proud face, his dress uniform, his sister, only six waiting at home.

Skaibad attacked once again.

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 02-26-2003, 07:53 AM   #133
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Telpeheled started to get better and the group's progress became bigger with every breath they took. Bordarigorn allowed them one last stop. It was about a mile North to the cave, that they halted and made camp. Bordarigorn inspected Telpeheled?s wound and carefully placed bandages, containing his own Athelas, over the wound. Telpeheled gritted his teeth, because Bordarigorn made the bandages really tight.

"Soft healers make stinking wounds." Bordarigorn said and went back to see how the others where doing. After he got some rest, Bordarigorn wanted to take Telpeheled on his shoulders once more. But Telpeheled refuzed to be carried.

"I am not the person to be dragged arround like a bag." He said.

"Listen Telpeheled. Weather you like it or not, I will carry you. Your wounds are not completly healed. If you tire your self out like that you will soon be dancing with that girl and don't think Mandos will be scared of you much longer." Bordarigorn said seriously.

"No matter how ugly you are." He added with a smile.

Bordarigorn lifted the muttering Telpeheled on his shoulders once more and headed down south. The battle was only an hour away, but few of them had noticed it.

They walked across the rugged lands and found the cave just being to their left side. But something caught Melcildir's eye. It looked like a fight was going on in the cave. And not just there, on a hill not too far from the cave, where an Easterling and an Orc fighting. Bordarigorn decided to take that hill and they all surrounded it. Slowly from the back of the hill, they sneaked upwards and in de directions of the fighters. They where now within hearing distance and Bordarigorn could hear the two cursing at each other.

They all grabbed their bows and waited for Bordarigorn's signal. Bordarigron shot down the Easterling. The arrow struck him hard in the chest. Only moments after the impact, 6 arrows flew away and the Orc fell to the ground. The arrows had impaled his arm and back, but to the surprise of many, the Orc stood up and ran to Bordarigorn. Bordarigorn quickly shot another arrow and it landed in the wounded arm. The Orc did not bother and ran on. The scimitar it was holding was all wet from the blood of the beast and filled with hate the Orc took a swing on Bordarigorn. Bordarigorn parried it with his own knife and punched the Orc hard in the face. The Orc flew back and landed in the grass. Bordarigorn reached for his spear and leaped at the Orc. The atmosphere was disrupted by the sound of the cracking skull. The Orc did not move again.

Bordarigorn reached for his backpack and took out a strange looking package. Bordarigorn removed the wrappings and now the Elves could see what it contained: It was the Orc arrow that Bordarigorn mentioned, but it was something else too. A horn. And not a small one either.

"This is the horn that was given to me by my great grandfather. It is said that it will bring fear to foe and courage to friend. It will be the sign of our charge. Get ready." Bordarigorn said serious and he went to the top of the hill followed by Durelin.

The battle was over his top and the Easterlings started to back of. It was the perfect moment for the arrow. Bordarigorn slowly placed it on the string of his bow. He aimed on an Easterling that looked important and shot him down.

Immediately the Easterlings responded. They charged the Orcs with renewed vigour. Bordarigorn took his horn and gave it a blow that was even vaguely heard by the attacking army. And with that, he ran into the battle. Not caring about anyone, but himself and Anuion.

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:17 PM   #134
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Telpeheled acknowledged the truth of what was said, they had to leave quickly. Privately, though, he doubted his capabilities. Although the pain had lessened significantly, exhaustion and stiffness were setting in. ‘I will walk.’ He thought stubbornly. ‘I have to. Already I have proved myself unworthy, and I cannot remain here, or go back.’

Carefully he got to his feet. ‘Not too bad’ he thought. He tried a little walking. ‘Not great’ he admitted to himself ruefully as he staggered and nearly fell. Bordarigorn approached him. “"May I have this dance?"” he said, and without warning Telpeheled found himself astride the mans’ shoulders. While realising the wisdom of this arrangement, Telpeheled inwardly felt like a child who had to be taken care of. He resolved not too mention this, and to accept the situation with good grace. He made a conscious effort to laugh at the jokes Bordarigorn threw his way. He was grateful, he grudgingly admitted to himself. Laughter was a small price to pay, even if it was the last thing he felt like for once. The others walked in almost complete silence, presumably contemplating what had happened and would later when they reached the cave.

They made a brisk pace, with Bordarigorn leading the way, seeming to barely register the weight he was carrying. Yet when they stopped a final time before reaching the cave Telpeheled saw with concern that the man appeared more tired than he had noticed. ‘I cannot continue to burden him thus’, he thought with a martyr like feeling. ‘And, of course my pride does not like this arrangement at all!’ he conceded to himself.

When Bordarigorn approached him to renew the bandages, Telpeheled decided to ask about walking the rest of the way. Bordarigorn had already said it wasn’t far to the cave. Contemplating what he would say, Telpeheled barely registered the pain of the bandages though he flinched automatically.

Bordarigorn bent to pick Telpeheled up, but he moved away.
"I am not the person to be dragged around like a bag" he said briskly, to show he was not to be gainsaid. However the man ignored him and picked him up.
“Listen Telpeheled. Weather you like it or not, I will carry you. Your wounds are not completly healed. If you tire your self out like that you will soon be dancing with that girl and don't think Mandos will be scared of you much longer. No matter how ugly you are."
“Then, if you please, let me walk” replied Telpeheled, “for I would dance with her rather than you.”
“No matter how handsome you are” he added sarcastically, but it was a token resistance and both knew it. Telpeheled sighed.
"One day I will give the orders" he muttered, and the man chuckled.
"I do not doubt it"

When they were just a few yards from the cave, the party stopped behind an incline. Bordarigorn began to describe the plan of action.

Telpeheled idly ran his fingers up and down the hilt of his sword, only half listening to Bordarigorn's words. He registered the orc arrow the man was showing. We must hope that this works he thought with a sigh.

With a jolt Telpeheled realised that a part of him was actually looking forward to this conflict. It was a feeling that he had not experienced before. He smiled grimly and bent his bow, checking its suppleness with a practised eye. Satisfied, he stretched out his arms and legs, rolling his head to ensure that his neck was healing.

He felt surprisingly well considering the state he had been in. Grudgingly he admitted the wisdom of not walking, but it was still a sore point. Finally he realised he was ready to fight. As ready as I'll ever be! he thought. By the grace of the Valar, we will all survive.

With a shiver of fear mixed with excitement Telpeheled watched as Bordarigorn released the arrow. Predictably the clamour of warring orcs and easterlings increased. Bordarigorn ran forward. To battle.

Telpeheled walked over to Maeralagos. "To battle, friend" he said with a smile, and put his hand on Maeralagos' shoulder.
"If anything...happens." he continued slowly "I am privileged to have known you."

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #135
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Sitting in amidst the trees, Durelin watched as the sun rose. It was a red ball of fire rising above the horizon, and looked almost fake, like a painting. The elf sighed and thought of what lay ahead: the cave. One hundred orcs and Easterlings…defeating them will cost us dearly. Already we have wounded… The chances of rescuing Anuion seemed to be getting thinner and thinner in his mind, at every inch the sun rose. What of I? Will I live to see the sun rise again? With this thought, he began looking more closely at the sun. He had a feeling he was right, deep in the pit of his heart was a heaviness. His death was nigh. Or was it? Was it necessarily his death? Durelin shuddered, he didn't want to think of any of his companions dying. That was different somehow, than thinking of his own death. He sighed again, getting up and walking on through the grove of trees. He heard the trickling of water and followed the sound to a small stream, glinting red from the rising sun. Blood flowing like a stream… There will be a stream outside of that cave. The elf took off his tunic, still covered with the blood and entrails of the wolf, to wash it in the stream. Down his chest were the four scratches from the same wolf. It got a bit larger scratch than he had…

Examining the wounds, he looked upon the familiar scars running down his back, chest and arms. They brought back so many memories, all in the same place. "Yes," he said out loud, "It is my death that is nigh." He had decided, he knew. It was too ironic not to be. Destiny had that way of working, being so ironic. It had been almost four hundred seventy years. It was still fresh in his mind, though this was the first time the memories had come. The capture, cave, it was all too similar. Those 470 years ago, he had been capture, just as Anuion. Goblins, yet again. He had decided he had to avenge his father. It ended almost in the same way. The few survivors' lives were spared for a time, the goblins were bored, they needed entertainment. They found no better entertainment than the pain of their enemies. Durelin no longer had complete thoughts. Only images, words, pain. Goblins were creative in their ways of turtore. He only hope Anuion was not destined to that same pain, he hoped the torture was limited by the presence of the Easterlings. But he could only hope.

He could hope for many things, but he knew of one. It was his fate to relive the nightmare, face it, and defeat it. He had to be a part of Anuion's rescue, then his life would be complete. He had been wrong about his fears. He feared his memories. And now was his time to face his fear. Then his life would be complete. His death was indeed close by.

After washing his wounds and his tunic as best as could be done quickly, Durelin went back to what was left of the camp - site. He found Bordarigorn looking at the bloody sun rising in the east. "There is no time to waste. We must travel quickly. We leave the bodies here and shall speed ourselves with haste at least 10 miles further," the man said firmly. There was no time to waste. Durelin hurried to get things cleaned up as he heard Maeralagos speak to Bordarigorn. So, the young elf has already tasted pain. These are sad times that the young must taste such pain. Though he will be a strong elf in his later years from all the death in his early ones. No, no, too strong, too strong. He watched with a slight smile as the man lifted Telpeheled onto his back. This was going to be an interesting last march to the cave.

They reached the cave sooner than Durelin though they would, and sooner than he would have liked. But it was more of a shock to find a battle already in full swing. The orcs and Easterlings had formed separate armies and were killing each other without hesitation. Maybe my life has years yet, he thought, but at a cold shiver running down his back, he knew nothing would change his fate. The group moved closer to a hill near the cave. Atop it were an orc and Easterling battling. The group got out their bows, and drew an arrow tight. Bordarigorn shot first, slaying the Easterling, then the elves let loose on the orc. But to their dismay, it still stood and charged at Bordarigorn. The man cleanly took it out with a punch. It seemed the strike had made its brain finally realize that it was dead.

Bordarigorn then took a package out of his pack. Wrapped inside were the orc arrow and a horn. "This is the horn that was given to me by my great grandfather. It is said that it will bring fear to foe and courage to friend. It will be the sign of our charge," he said, "Get ready." Then Durelin followed him to the tope of the hill. The elf looked down at the Easterling, he appeared to be dead, with an arrow sticking out of his chest. Durelin would have checked the Easterling, but his heart skipped, beating faster, the battle was about to begin. A red haze began to fill his vision as he drew his knives. Durelin was vaguely aware of his surroundings as Bordarigorn blew the horn. His excitement reached a high, and his berserker fit took over. He yelled at the time of his lungs, unable to control himself any longer, Sereg sirath, gurth na tuliel!

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-26-2003, 02:09 PM   #136
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Kane neatly dispatched an orc as it rushed at him, cooly grabbing the sword of the beast as he fell. "Far too good for an orc, dont you think?" He murmered calmly into the creature's stricken face. He heard a noise from almost behind him and spun around to look at the cave entrance. That blasted elf! Kane saw him slit the throat of an orc, steal his sword and continue with barely a break in his movements. The easterling couldnt deny he was a impressed...but that did not mean Anuion was going to get away! He ducked and sidestepped the body of an orc as it fell, then followed Anuion. The elf must have seen him, as he broke into a run, but Kane had had a hard life and knew it paid to keep fit. He sped up, almost sprinting after the elf, into the trees...
Old 02-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #137
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Maeralagos looked into Telpeheled's eyes with his quiet words. His own closed mouth bent slowly upwards into a smile of fraternal fondness for the other Elf. He lightly tapped Telpeheled's hand that rested on his shoulder.

"And I, you," he said softly, then had to turn forward, placing his hand unconsciously on his weapon as he bent forward slightly, ready for the attack to begin.

He made no sound as he dove into the fray that soon erupted. He heard Durelin's cry, heard the hunholy squawks and snarls of the orcs, the bellowings of the Easterlings, but he saw no individual that he didn't know. He saw his friends, lost in a swirling head-high sea of enemies, receding with their blood. He lunged forward, putting his sword clean through an orc's midsection, then felt the grubby hands of an Easterling come up behind and snatch his shoulders. One arm went around his neck and came back behind him in a choke hold. The other left his shoulder, reappearing on his back, in the form of a blade that should have been cold, but was wet and warm already with blood.

"Are you ready to die, Elf?" a rasping voice sounded in his ear.

Maeralagos said nothing, but reaching backwards, sliced into what he guaged to be the enemy's shoulder. He heard a gurgling roar of pain, then felt the arm go limp around him, falling away backwards.

He ran forwards again, hewing down orc and Easterling in his way, looking through the madness, trying to spot the others.

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: The Ruling Ring ]
Old 02-26-2003, 05:17 PM   #138
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

As the elves moved away from scene, further down the hill, Findorak rose. He stifled a scream of pain as he broke off the end of the arrow, better to leave the rest in for now.

He rose to one knee and shot a glance at the dead Skaibad.

He should have stayed down, play dead!

Findorak had had the common sense to know when he was beat, but the orc had tried in vain to attack the elven host.

Findorak crawled slwoly down the hill to a spot where he could see the cavemouth without being seen himself. From all the noise, it seemed that the elves were playing havoc with the remaining easterlings and orcs. He decided to stay put and waity for the outcome, if any easterlings were left then he would descend, but if not, then he would have to think. he was in no fit state to move from his position.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #139
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Legolas'_girl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Walking slowly with the others, Melcildir's thoughts turned once more to his earlier thoughts of death. The battle was close, he felt it inside him. He checked his daggers. Both were loose in their sheaths and his hands were ready to grab them, if necessary.

He strained his eyes ahead. A bit of motion in a cave... He focused on that spot until he was absolutely sure. Suddenly realizing what it meant, he shouted to the others, "There's fighting in that cave! It's the army that has Anuion!"

Bordarigorn saw also that on another hill an Orc and an Easterling were engaged in combat. The man led them to the hill where they assembled to kill the two. Melcildir grabbed his bow and fitted an arrow to the string, waiting. When he heard Bordarigorn's arrow stick in the Easterling's chest, he let his own loose. The arrow was sticking out of the Orc's back along with five others. But, amazingly, the Orc got up and prepared to charge Bordarigorn. Melcildir shot another arrow at the Orc, but still it continued. "That thing just won't die!" he said under his breath followed by a stream of curses. Finally, the man knocked the creature to the ground with a punch to the face and finished it quickly.

The company then approached the cave and Bordarigorn brought out the Orc arrow and a horn. Seeing the perfect moment for the arrow, the man shot down an Easterling.

Melcildir prepared for a few shots before the battle was too intense and he could no longer shoot. When he heard the horn(or felt it really the blast was so powerful), he sent a shower of arrows into the cave and heard the screams of the foes that stopped them. Then, he flung his bow to the ground.

This won't be much use in the cave, or if I die I won't need it anymore... But no! The battle is upon me now! If it is my turn to die, I will die surrounded by the bodies of my foes...

His thoughts were inturupted by Durelin's cry. A wave of fury and madness overtook him. Recklessly, he drew his daggers and ran into the heat of the battle, slashing and stabbing at any foe who approached him.
A large Orc stopped his advance, though, and for a moment the two were in a deadlock; the Elf's dagger against the sword of the Orc. With a twist of his hand, however, the Orc disarmed Melcildir, and his daggers fell to the cave floor. Quickly dodging the Orc's blow, Melcildir drew his sword and sliced the Orc's arm off before stabbing it in the heart with a his other dagger.

As he stooped to retrieve his other dagger, an easterling stood behind him ready to stab him in the back. But, one of Melcildir's companions killed the Easterling before he could execute the blow. "Thanks!" he called out, although he knew not who saved him. The battle was getting thick, and he was in the midst of it, slashing with his sword and stabbing with his dagger.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:29 PM   #140
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Jerika continued to kill any Orc in her way, but to her dismay was slowly being pushed in the direction of the long river of wine and glass. Slicing the throat of an oncoming orc, Jerika realized that the prisoner was no longer in his usual corner. Great, he got away! Jerika thought, and turned to face the cave entrance. Kane was chasing after a running prisoner, and Jerika hoped he could take care of the Elf by himself.

Looking over the sea of Orc and Easterling heads, Jerika was surprised to note that Elves were also in the mix. She counted at least four Elves, but there could have been more. Why were the Elves there? They came to rescue their friend! Jerika realized. Not that they needed to come. With the fued going on between Orc and Easterling, the prisoner could have easily snuck away during the time he was there. If the Orcs and Easterlings had only been united in some way, none of the Elves would have stood a chance.

"Elves! Elves are among us! Stop fighting each other and get the Elves!" None of her kin or the Orcs acknowledged Jerika's cries, and kept fighting anything or anyone in their path. Jerika shook her head in anger and surveyed the cave. There! By the crates in the back corner, Jerika could see a tall, dark looking Elf fighting Orc after Orc after Easterling.

Jerika ran around the edge of the cave until she reached the tall tower of crates. Climbing up each crate, when she stood atop the last crate her head nearly touched the ceiling of the cave. Since she was left handed Jerika grasped her sword with her left, and her dagger was held firmly in her right.

The Elf Jerika was eying was thrashing and slicing every foe in his way, and seemed as wild and gruesome as an Easterling himself. Two beautifully crafted Elven knives were in both of his hands. He was a slender Elf, but judging by the pile of dead Orcs and Easterlings gathering at either side of him, he was still strong.

"Here goes nothing!" Jerika whispered to herself before leaping from her spot on the crates.

Keeping her dagger close to the Elf's neck, and her sword point by his stomach, Jerika thought the Elf would surrender in some way. Instead, Jerika had to hold on for her own life as the Elf began to thrash around and try and get the girl off his back.

"No, you won't get rid of me that easily!" Jerika cried. Pulling back on her dagger slightly, she made a small cut on the Elf's throat, in what Jerika would consider a warning.

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 02-27-2003, 11:19 AM   #141
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Melcildir was taken by surprise when he felt a weight drop onto his back. He tried to struggle, but found that there were two blades against his body, one of them dangerously close to his throat. He thrashed around a bit longer, trying to rid himself of the Easterling. But he had pushed his luck. The dagger at his throat drew in closer and cut his neck.

Melcildir stopped struggling for a moment and the Easterling thought he had surrendered. But, with a single swift motion, he stabbed backwards with one of his daggers and slashed at the arm around his neck with his other dagger. The easterling fell to the cave floor with a cry of pain. Quickly, Melcildir spun around to block a blow from a sword; the Easterling had jumped up to attack dispite her bleeding arm and side.

The elf fought with the easterling for what seemed like a long time, but in reality, it was only a few minutes. Blow for blow, Melcildir blocked his opponent's blade until, when he felt the Easterling slack off a bit, he kicked aimed a kick into her mid-section. The kick took the desired effect, and the easterling was thrown backwards into a stack of crates.

But, Melcildir had no time to waste in waiting for the easterling to rise, because an Orc was coming towards him. Taking the split-second he had before the Orc was close to him, Melcildir re-sheathed one of his daggers and drew his sword. With a quick sweeping motion, he had sliced the Orc neatly in two.

Now, for that Easterling...he thought. I don't imagine she'd be dead...
Old 02-27-2003, 01:30 PM   #142
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Lofinnaes watched as everyone rushed into battle. He himself stayed slightly behind, his best defense was in his archery skills, and he needed to keep as much a distance as possible to attain this. His eyes saw much and he drew an arrow from his quiver and released, piercing through the neck of an oncoming orc. A squeal escaped it as if it were a pig going to slaughter. Lofinnaes prided himself not, and readily aimed at another.

He had slain four more opponents before his eyes were averted to Melcildir. The elf had charged hard into battle, and enemies were about him like flies to an infected wound. An orc towered high above him as he recovered from his recent attack. Wasting no time, Lofinnaes fired his arrow into the arm of the orc, casting it backwards before finally succumbing to the second arrow through his throat.

Lofinnaes rushed up behind Melcildir. His quiver had been spent, and it was now time to show is quality in knifework. He reached behind him and unsheathed the knives before turning around and slaying down an easterling. His back was to Melcildir when the elf went down and he turned to see him throw off the easterling. Lofinnaes bent down and thrust his own knife through the opening of the opponents helm.

He turned to face his friend "I fear we may be in deeper than we bargained for.." His tone was hard, but he held a slight grin. It was better to keep light-hearted about such matters. They were all skilled warriors, they would not have been asked to come if they were not.

Old 02-27-2003, 05:04 PM   #143
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"In over our heads? More than we bargained for? Why this is nothing... what we need is a few hundred more of this rabble to make things interesting!" Melcildir replied in a sarcastic tone as he thrust his dagger into an Orc's throat.

The brighter Orcs and Easterlings had realized their danger and quit fighting among themselves while a few were still killing each other. Melcildir had just finished off another Easterling when he heard the clatter of falling crates behind him.

He turned to see two Orcs with long, bloodied knives. Melcildir tried to dodge the blade, but as he leaped to one side, the Orc slashed at his already injured left arm. Insane with anger, the Elf dove at the Orc and knocked it to the floor. In a second the Orc was dead and Lofinnaes had killed the other. Blood was dripping from Melcildir's arm, but he had no time to do more than wrap a bit of cloth around it to help slow the blood flow.

With his arm bandaged the best he could, Melcildir charged once more into the fray, a deadly force. His sword that at one time hung useless by his side was now his main weapon. He continued fighting, dealing and sometimes recieving blows. But so far there had been no casualties in his small group of companions. For that he was glad. But it appeared as if no matter how many foes the rescue party killed, their number never decreased.

But judging from the bodies that littered the floor, the Elves were making great progress. Maybe he would not die after all. Maybe the fear was for other's deaths. Even though he hadn't known these Elves for very long, they felt like close friends and he was sad just thinking about losing them...

Shaking his thoughts from those of dispair, he concentrated only on the battle and killing the enemys that surrounded them...
Old 02-27-2003, 07:39 PM   #144
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Getting back to her feet, Jerika felt lucky that the Elf she had attacked had only cut her right arm, and not her left. She stood to look for the Elf that had gotten lucky with his kick, but it seemed he was already busied himself with more Orcs.

I’ve got to get out of this cave! Jerika thought to herself, knowing that if she ever saw this cave again it would be all too soon.

Running again along the wall of the cave, Jerika had decided to see if Kane had let the prisoner go. Does keeping the prisoner really matter anymore? Jerika wondered as she neared the mouth of the cave. It didn’t matter really to her much anymore. She just wanted to show that arrogant Elf not to mess with her. She’d show him.

Running faster now, Jerika avoided fighting at all cost, just to lessen the chance of the prisoner escaping from her grasp. There were a few times when she had to knock out a crazed Easterling or slice the throat of a stupid Orc, but she ran out into the fresh air quicker than she thought she would.

Searching the hills and fields in front of her for any sign of Anuion or Kane, she found what she was looking for on a slope nearby the mouth of the cave, just in front of the trees. Kane had drawn his sword, and was chasing after the prisoner. Jerika smirked. An Easterling is chasing the supposed mighty Elf. Go figure! Jerika thought.

Sprinting across the slippery and wet slopes and hills was not as easy as it looked. Jerika slid across the slick grass more than once before taking small but quick steps towards the beginning of the tree line, to where Kane had chased Anuion. Reaching the trees, Jerika sighed as she slid on the grass and entered the small forest.

Carefully drawing her dagger in her injured right hand, Jerika searched the dank, dark forest. Seeing Kane advance on Anuion to her right, Jerika strode to join him. They were both still, as if one were waiting for the other to make the first move. Drawing her sword with her good hand, Jerika walked right up behind Anuion and put the blade to his neck.

“Did you think you would get away so easily?” Jerika broke the tense silence.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:40 PM   #145
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

A cold, cruel mirth rose in Durelin's throat as he came crashing into the army of orcs and Easterlings, slashing out in all directions, the clang of iron on iron ringing through the air. His laugh bubbled out, loud and clear over the roaring mob. He sliced and hacked, not caring what he hit or how cleanly. He striked an Easterling over the eye. The Easterling screamed in agony, dropping his sword, covered the wound with his hands, blood gushing through his fingers. Durelin stabbed him straight through the stomach, and he crumpled to the ground. But the few seconds it took to pull his sword out of the body cost him dearly. An orc came growling behind him swinging its rapier wildly. Durelin turned in time to parry the blow enough to stop the rapier from slicing his head in half, and got away with only a deep cut next to his eye.

In his berserking, he ignored the wound, it was so small to him right now. He continued on to another orc coming at him. Even in his hazy state of mind, he knew he had to slowly make his way toward the cave. He cut the orc down cleanly and moved on to an Easterling, who he split the helm of. Then another one came up to his left, got a stab into Durelin's leg, then got his own stab into his heart. Another trivial wound.

A slice at an orc's head, a chop at an Eastering's legs, a agonized scream from another orc as he slit its stomach. A gurgle of blood as he broke the ribs of an Easterling and stabbed him in the chest. And all the time, Durelin laughed. He had never felt mirth during a battle, never had his mind been so hazy. Something was different. Was it the fact that, in his mind at least, fate hung over him, waiting patiently for him to kill enough orcs. At the thought, Durelin smiled. Was he going mad? The thoughts were stifled by a fiery haze, a burning rage, a lust for blood. And blood he got as an orc punched him in the side, braking several ribs, causing blood to fill his mouth. In rage, Durelin slashed with both of his knives, leaving himself completely unprotected, slicing the orc clean in half. He felt a heavy object fall on his back, and hit the ground hard. The wind was knocked out of him, and it was a while before he could get up. His vision cleared, for a moment, and he was left helpless, all the pain of the wounds was realized. Then, as he tried to get up, and found a dead orc laying on top of him, the sickly sweet smell of blood reawokened his rage.

With a scream of rage, Durelin lifted the orc up and rose, slashing the feet of a nearby Easterling. His strength redoubled and he ran mindlessly into a large mob. Taking the care to slice a particular orc's stomach open, blood and its bowels filling the air, spraying Durelin in the face, and those near, the elf again left himself unprotected in order to shed the most blood. He felt a sword pierce his right side and he screamed in agony, dropping his knives. But his rage allowed him enough strength to draw his sword and decapitate the Easterling, the owner of the sword. But then an orc slashed his left arm as he turned to stab it in the chest. Durelin's rage could subdue only so much of the pain and fatigue, and he fell to the ground and lay still.

The orcs and Easterlings around him took him for dead and moved on. Durelin shifted his head so he could see around him. Big mistake. His head started spinning, the burning of the berserker haze left him, and a new burning began all over his body. The majority of the agony came from the wound at his side. It was a mortal wound enough without the addition of the rest, no matter how small they seemed. He knew there was nothing left now but to die. Durelin's head cleared as he relaxed, what was so bad about dying? Fate had hung over him, he had had warning. But, what of my destiny? To face my nightmare, free another from it? I have not seen Anuion, he could have been killed when the orcs and Easterlings fought among themselves? Wouldn't my life stretch on till I could find a way to reach the end?

As if in answer to his question, Bordarigorn came running, slicing, hacking and slashing his way quickly to the cave. There was no doubt he was going to make it. No, he is not dead. No. Bordarigorn, my friend. May your life be full of green grass and blue skies. You have saved the life of your friend. Durelin smiled, then let go. He slumped over and was still, his eyes open, glazed with death, but with a smile on his face.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:41 AM   #146
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

The worst thing was the stench. The stink of blood, death and Orcs hung in the air like a fog.

With a dreadful calmness Telpeheled fought, battling the pain, the smell, the tiredness and the enemy at once. Instincts and the routine of good training had taken the place of thoughts as he slashed and parried, wounded and killed.

One of the Easterlings had managed to give him a gash in his arm, but had been well repaid withn death. Telpeheled found it harder to fight these men than Orcs or wolves. They are too like us he thought, while his arms continued to fight.

He wanted to retch.Urgh! The stink!

As he turned to protect his back, he saw the horrible sight of Durelin lying still on the ground. No! It cannot be he thought, disbelief and sadness distracting him for a while from the fight. The Orc he was battling saw weakness and leapt forward in a frenzy. It was all Telpeheled could do to keep him at bay.
It cannot be true he thought again, numbly. It was the first time someone he knew had ever died, and the bitterness was intense. Furiously he yelled, and slayed the Orc. They must pay! he thought, and began to fight ferociously and recklessly, thinking in a way he had not before.

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-28-2003, 08:42 AM   #147
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Melcildir hacked his way to the center of the cave, where the battle was worst. His head spun. He could recognize no faces, just kept fighting; killing. Two more Orcs felt the bite of his sword and fell at his feet.

But, his battle high was turned to sadness and rage at the sight of Durelin's body on the floor. It was being trampled by the enemy. That was no propper way for a brave Elf to be honored in death. Quickly and without thinking, Melcildir grabbed Durelin's body and dragged it out of the heat of the battle. He laid the body on the grass beneath a tree and folded Durelin's hands on his chest.

"Rest in peace, friend," he said slowly before running back into the cave to meet whatever destiny waited for him.

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Legolas'_girl ]
Old 03-01-2003, 08:38 AM   #148
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Rest in peace, friend," the words faintly reached Maeralagos' ears over the roar of battle. He turned around in shock and fear, dreading to see whom the Elven voice was blessing.

Melcildir's form blocked the upper half of the body, though Maeralagos recognized the legs and the weapons laid beside him. Durelin...

It was a terrible thing, to see another Elf dead. Maeralagos had seen it quite often enough in his time, but still, it froze his blood. He stood numb for a moment as Melcildir ran back towards the fight. The dull crash and stink of an orc's cudgel on his brow was all that managed to bring Maeralagos back. He bridled, staggering backwards, then regained his feet, drawing his sword up with an infrequent call of rage.

"Amin khiluva lle a' gurtha ar' thar!" he yelled, hewing the head off an orc, clubbing an Easterling in the neck with it as it flew off.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:29 PM   #149
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bordarigorn had all that he could take of the Orcs. Many times did he encounter them, but never did he felt more disgust over the creatures then now. As he blew the horn, he could see the blast have its effect. He ran towards the crowded group and started to battle at will. Any foe he encountered found himself facing the wrong end of his spear or the powerful blade of Bordarigorn's knife. And powerful it was. Bordarigorn envied the elves for their grace, but when it came to combat he found himself superior. He had always been a brawler and no one he ever met had outmatched him in strength.

He bashed and stabbed his way trough the cave and soon found himself deeper than he had expected. An Easterling came running passed him and tried to escape since he was unarmed, but Bordarigorn would not let him pass. With a hard kick he smashed the Easterling's kneecap and he grabbed him by the neck.

"Tell me rat! Where is the prisoner?! Speak!" Bordarigorn shouted in his face.

Trough the babbles of pain Bordarigorn heard:

"He is out. Kane has gone after him."

Bordarigorn stabbed the Easterling in the head, pinning him to the cave wall for a second, and then headed back. With anger burning inside of him he cutted a path back to the exit. An Orc jumped him from behind and clamped on to his shoulder. His grubby hands made little wounds and Bordarigorn tried to shake him of. With his free hand he managed to grab the leg and Bordarigorn jerked the rat of his shoulder and threw him against the wall.

Reaching the outskirts of the cave, Bordarigorn discovered a body lying further ahead. It was the body of Durelin. Rage crept into Bordarigorn and if it was not for his love for Anuion he would have ran back to eradicate every breathing creature. He quickly found some tracks leading into the forest and he ran as if his own life depended on it. He scouted ahead, seeing if his friend was anywhere in sight and he soon found what he was looking for. Only not the picture he had hoped for: He found Anuion, but two Easterlings held him down. One male and one female. The female had her knife on his throat and the other Easterling was sitting on his back.

Bordarigorn grabbed his bow and fitted an arrow on the string. He walked over to Anuion and aimed at the girl.

"Listen up rat! As we speak, your men are dying and mine are victorious! Your mission is over. Let the elf go and I will not impale you! That goes for your friend as well!" Bordarigorn yelled at them, while moving in closely.

The girl did not move at all.
________
Marijuana Card

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #150
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

"Listen up rat! As we speak, your men are dying and mine are victorious! Your mission is over. Let the elf go and I will not impale you! That goes for your friend as well!" A voice sounded behind Jerika, and she heard the stretching of a bowstring. She dared not turn her head, and the person who spoke took steps closer until Jerika could easily feel the point of his arrow against her neck.

Kane was still, and said naught. Jerika’s grip did not loosen on the knife that she held to Anuion’s neck. Thoughts raced through her mind, about what to do and what would happen. She could let the prisoner go, and perhaps always be considered a coward; or she could figure a way to teach both enemies a lesson and escape with her life.

The being behind Jerika pulled the arrow away, and began to pull back on the string.

“I give thee one last chance, you cowardly dog, to back away or never see again!” Jerika breathed so soundly and slightly that at times she wondered herself if she had forgotten how to breathe.

If I just back away, I won’t get killed. Sure, I’ll never be taken seriously again, but I wouldn’t if I was dead either. I’ll get to see home again, or run off and find my own adventure. Jerika thought, though she knew she had no time to think of such things.

Acting on impulse, Jerika reached her hand behind her quick as lightning. Grabbing the middle of the arrow, Jerika snapped it in two. Turning to the side so that her knife stayed on Anuion’s neck, but her drawn sword reached to the…Human’s neck as well. If the man moved at all, Jerika would drop her knife and kill the human. The man had already drawn another arrow, but did not shoot.

“Who are you to intrude? We were merely teaching this disgusting Elf a lesson,” Jerika broke the silence.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:12 PM   #151
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The words from the Easterling struck Bordarigorn like punch in the face.

"Disgusting elf? You don't know what you are talking about. This elf is more nobler than the foundations of your race." Bordarigorn said proudly.

He had no time to waste. The girl was not going to let him go and that other Easterling was not in a hurry either. As fast as his hand could manage he shot the arrow in the wrist of the girl. She fell back and screamed out in pain. The other one stood up and wanted to bash Bordarigorn with his head. Bordarigorn took out his spear and gave him a large punch on his head with the back of it. Bordarigorn now took his dagger and lifted Anuion of the ground with one hand.

"I have a little surprise in my backpack for you Anuion. Just don't be so sloppy with your stuff next time." Bordarigorn said to the elf.

Anuion opened the backpack and found his trusted sword and dagger. He took them out and now fully armed, he faced the woman.

"You have fought bravely and have not lost your honour. It is I that will walk away. Go now and life and tell your people how bravely you have fought." Anuion said.

Bordarigorn nodded towards the direction of the cave and the two headed back as fast as there legs could carry them. Anuion was going to set things straight ones and for all.
________
Toyota hilux platform history

Old 03-02-2003, 04:23 PM   #152
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Kane was about to speak as he saw the man coming up behind Jerika, but too late; the human had an arrowhead pressed at Jerikas neck. He swore quietly and saw the mans eyes flicking from him to his sword. Kane held his gaze steadily. He had been in situations like this many times, but not with Jerika with the arrow behind her head. Dont hurt her, dont hurt her, dont hurt her...

But Jerika replied sharply as the man openly insulted them, and her sword was out and at the mans stomach in a flash.

"Who are you to intrude? We were merely teaching this disgusting Elf a lesson."

The man flinched slightly at the words and Kane didnt hide his smile. But the man was obviously as proud as the elf who he was trying to defend. "Disgusting elf? You don't know what you are talking about. This elf is more nobler than the foundations of your race."
Oh please...like I care-
But then his fingers moved on his bow. Kane couldnt see the arrow properly and the next thing he knew Jerika screamed in pain and fell back, clutching her bloody wrist. Kane regained the power to move and dashed forward, crouching beside her, forgetting the elf and human for a moment...until the butt of a spear hit him sharply on the head, sending him sprawling for a moment. He shook his head a few times, trying to stop it spinning and ducked as the spear butt came at him again. He grabbed Jerikas arm and pulled her to her feet, putting her slightly behind him; there wouldnt be any point, she was bleeding seriously from her wrist and her sword lay at the elfs feet, but he was ever the gentleman.

"You have fought bravely and have not lost your honour. It is I that will walk away. Go now and life and tell your people how bravely you have fought."

The bleedin cheek of the little- Kane was fuming but he needed to sort out Jerika. He turned without a word, supporting Jerika as much as he could while running and sprinted in the direction of the cave. As he ran, he heard Bordarigorn sneer.

"Honour? You honestly think they have any honour in the first place?" He laughed, but Kane noted Anuion didnt join in. They were about half way between the cave and the place they had come from, and Kanes shoulder blades were crawling; the man had a bow, they werent out of range...but he could have killed before though, couldnt he? Why did he only hit him with the butt of the spear...

He ducked down anyway, the long grass of the field giving Jerika and him cover.
"Are you alright?"
"What sort of question is that?" Jerika replied, her teeth gritted in pain. Kane shrugged; fair point. He grasped the end of the arrow where it went into her wrist.
"This is going to hurt." He said, in a matter of fact way. The girl gritted her teeth marginally more. Kane tightened his grip on the arrow...and pulled.

He grabbed Jerika, covering her moth as soon as he'd done it, trying to stop the scream which he knew would have to come out.

"Im sorry, Im so sorry." He murmered into her ear. Her eyes were screwed up in pain, but eventually she relaxed slightly. Kane let her go but she didnt move away immediately. Kane tore of a strip of his already ragged cloak and tightened it around her wrist, slowing the bleeding. "Sorry," he said again. "I had to get it out."

"Yeah, sure. I...I understand." She whispered back. Then she grinned slightly. "Why are we whispering?"

Kane grinned back, but didnt raise his voice as he pointed back to the cave. "Think about the situation when we left. If the elves dont get us, the double dealing orcs will."

She nodded, considering for a moment. Then her grin widened. "There is another option..." She looked back the way they had come, where Anuion and Bordarigorn were also heading back to the cave. "Shall we deal with them? Show them how noble the 'foundations of our race' are?"

Kane nodded. "Aye. You can fight?"

"Ill live." They set off, shadowing the pair through the long grass.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:19 AM   #153
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anuion was running alongside Bordarigorn. The man filled him in while running. Anuion only half listened to the man while he was taking out his bow and an arrow. The reached the hill and Anuion fitted an arrow on the string. The arrow flew away and penetrated an Orc. He wanted to tell Bordarigorn that he should blow the horn when he was done fighting, but the man was already battling at full throttle.

Anuion fired his quiver empty with rapid speed and ran into battle with his knife and sword. Cutting and stabbing making his way, he soon found himself deeper in the cave. He walked into a door, but found only an empty room with one Orc: The marter that had stabbed him so badly. It was Glockh?sh. The Orc charged Anuion with a short spear and stabbed into the direction of Anuion's head. Anuion ducked and trusted his knife firmly in the Orc's shoulder. Glockh?sh screamed, but would not give in. With a powerful blow he knocked Anuion back. Anuion launched a counteroffensive with his sword, but Orc steel blocked it. The blows from both sides where so powerful that the swords flew away. The Orc now leaped at Anuion and landed un top of him. His strength was amazing, but Anuion did not despair. With a well aimed head but he sended the Orc flying and Anuion quickly finished the job with his knife.

As he went outside, Anuion could here the Horn of Bordarigorn. The battle was over.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ SLK-CLASS SPECIFICATIONS

Old 03-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #154
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The horn was blowing. It was all over. Erdaminéon had fought bravely, but inconspicuously, firing swiftly from a distance. He had noticed Lofinneas was doing the same, whilst the others had chose a more up front method, charging the cave head on. Now they were retreating, Bordarigorn and Anuion leading. He turned to follow, hesitantly, and then broke into a run after the others. He could still hear the cries of those back in the cave. Strangely he felt not glad that his life was still with him, but more, reluctant to live. There was something that the journey had taken out of him. Not physical strength, but something. And it was then he realised. Durelin was no longer with them. He had seen an elf fall just outside the cave, but had not had the opportunity to identify him.

I feel this is what he wanted, Thought Erdaminéon sadly. He wished only to rescue Anuion, and no longer cared for his own life. I could tell that in his last days. He is with Mandos now, where I perhaps should be too. My life is given to me begrudgingly, although I do not know why. I can feel it.

He followed silently after the others, mourning the loss of Durelin, for although the two had never been particularly close, Erdaminéon still felt the sting of loss, and as one of the companions, Durelin meant as much to him as anyone else.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 PM   #155
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Kane and Jerika were mostly hidden by tall grass as they crouched, looking on as the elves all regrouped. The inside of the cave was chaotic, and Jerika could tell from her spot so far away from even the mouth of the cave. Jerika tasted blood in her mouth; she had bit down on her tongue when Kane had pulled the arrow from her wrist, and now she had an almost useless right hand and forearm. She had seen worse though, and she knew many men who had bitten clean through their tongue or had bitten off their lower lip when such wounds were treated.

Hesitating, Jerika turned to Kane. “Thanks,” Jerika mouthed, surprised that her voice had given out on her.

“For what?” Kane smiled crookedly as he whispered…still whispered.

“Taking care of my wound. Not even my own brother would have cared if such a thing had happened to me if it was him there,” Jerika had regained the power to use her voice as she explained to Kane.

“Well, what do you say we go with a bang?” Jerika began to whisper too as the Elves and one Man began to gather outside. They were missing one, by Jerika’s count, but that was terrible if all those Orcs and Easterlings had only killed one.

“What do you propose we do?” Kane wondered, his voice staying neutral. Slight realization showed on his face though.

“Ambush,” Jerika replied simply, a grin growing.

“We’ll be killed for sure. Two against seven?”

“Not if we get one of them. They’re a close kind, closer than some of the ties in our race. They won’t hurt us if it would mean risking one of their own. Besides, if they truly meant to kill us, they would have back there. I would not have a wound in my wrist; I would have one in my neck or stomach. You would not have been knocked on the head; you would have been speared through the heart. Besides, it’s good exercise just pushing your luck,” Jerika hoped Kane would join in.

Not waiting for an answer, Jerika sprang from her place in the brush and spun her only remaining weapon – her dagger – in her good, unscarred left hand.

Sprinting to the incomplete gathering of Elves and one Man, Jerika leapt to tackle the Human. Jerika wrestled him to the ground, and kept her bony knee shoved onto his spine. Wrapping her bloody right arm around the fallen Man’s neck, Jerika positioned her arm so that her elbow was under his chin. He looked as though he was eating dirt, as Jerika shoved his face into the ground. Then, quickly and strongly jerking her arm left, the man’s face went left as well. A loud crack sounded as she pulled his neck a little too far. He was not paralyzed though.

Ooh! That must've hurt! Jerika thought to herself. No man would declare her a rat without paying the price!

Searching the grass around her, Jerika grabbed a discarded bow and pulled the wooden edge under the Man’s neck. Then Jerika grabbed her dagger in her left hand and held it dangerously (for the human at least) close to her prisoner’s neck.

Looking up after her attack, all of her prisoner’s companions had joined the group, staring at Jerika who had their dear friend firmly pinned to the ground.

Where's Kane?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #156
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

The elf had stayed upon the outskirts of the battle, fighting with the weapon he was most secure with. He had moved in to help Melcildir when it had been necessary.

He looked up when the horn sounded. His grey eyes quickly scanning the scene. Golden hair of a slain elf was visible to him and he knelt down beside his fallen comrade. Dirt streaked face revealed it to be Durelin and Lofinnaes closed his eyes in a silent prayer to Mandos. He reached down with thumb and forefinger to gently close the lids ... his eyes would see no more upon middle earth.

He rose quickly and took off in pursuit of the company. Pausing, he cast one more glance backwards before moving off again.

Namárie mellon...

Old 03-04-2003, 06:36 AM   #157
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

From his hiding place in the long grass Findorak watched the scene below.

Jerika, you fool!

She was brave, yes it was true, but there was no shame in living to fight another day. She was too headstrong.

He groaned as the wound in his chest oozed blood, he would be doing no more fighting. He hoped that Jerika and Kane would come out alive, but it seemed unlikely. and if that was true, he was in more trouble than he bargained for.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:33 AM   #158
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Melcildir fought a few of the remaining Orcs and Easterlings in the cave before heading outside. Looking up, he saw Bordarigorn standing next to an Elf. That must be Anuion... He ran up to the two, but stopped when the sight of two Easterlings caught his attention. Crouching in the tall grass behind them, he watched as a girl Easterling with a bleeding wrist knocked Bordarigorn to the ground and put him in a chokehold. Melcildir was enraged. He ran to join the others gathered around their fallen companion. He drew one of his daggers and gripped it tightly in his left hand while preparing to draw his sword with his other...
Old 03-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #159
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anuion smiled as he saw Bordarigorn being knocked down by the girl. She cought him by surprize yes, but it was nothing like him to get in a situation like this. At his left side, Melcildir had his dagger out and was holding it that tight that it looked as if his knockles would fall of. Anuion liked the eager spirit. This was a good warrior. Nontheless not a very experienced one. The girl was so busy constraining Bordarigorn that Anuion had all the time in the world to take out his bow and fit an arrow on the string. He pulled the arrow back and wizzled at the girl.

"Ehm, you might wanna take a look at your hand. It's quite messed up." Bordarigorn said, understanding the signal.

"That's not the damaged hand stupid. This hand is fine." Jerika snapped.

Anuion releazed the string and the arrow penetrated Jerika's other wrist. Her grip loosend and her knife fell along with Jerika herself.

"Come again?" Bordarigorn said smiling at the girl.

He stood up and wiped the dirt of his face and clothes. But they where sadly surprized.
________
Portable vaporier review

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:56 PM   #160
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Over...the fight was over! And he was still alive! Triumph washed over Telpeheled. Then he remembered Durelin. He gazed around, the body had been moved under a tree.

Quietly he went over and knelt in front of his fallen comrade, whispering hopes for his swift time in halls of Mandos. You died well. Soon you will walk in valinor. Maybe I'll see you there! he thought. Turning, Telpeheled surveyed the debris of the battlefield.

There were corpses lying all around, Orcs and Easterlings. None of them had received the respect that Durelin had. Yet, for the Easterlings at least, they are very like us. What made them our enemies? Just a chance, or some plan? Are they bad by nature?. He sighed deeply, mourning for the loss of life that was evidenced all around.
the Forbidden Link