User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2003, 01:32 PM   #81
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
They where making it for the door when it suddenly opened. Hwesta got nerfuse.

"Caught! Now Berethion will be captured aswell." She taught.

They ran back to the cell. But there was no other exit. Only a wall. They all turned arround and drew their weapon's. But it was only one elf. He was walking carefully and made no sound. He went over to them. And when he saw them his face cheered up. Belle droped her sword and rushed towords the elf.

"Dimithil!" she cried.

Dimithil placed a finger over his mouth and Belle was quite.

"I don't know which of you did it but it has saved me a lot of time. Now my plan has some extra time." Dimithil said.

"Excuse me, your plan?" Raye snapped at Dimithil.

"Yes my plan. I have been studying the premises for quite a will and know the in's and out's of every corner. I just knew that you would come here Belle. I just did not know you would bring so many visitor's along with you. Who is this girl of yours. She look's pretty messed up."

[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Vaporizer Shop

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #82
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Whos your girl? She looks pretty messed up."

Tallin gave a short laugh before she could stop herself, then tried to cover it up with a cough, covering her smile with her hand. Raye didnt find it funny though, and Berethion had obviously done something to really annoy her, heightened, no doubt, by the rest of the groups prescence. She shot Tallin a murderous look before turning it on the new elf. Tallin noticed the dagger in her hand and stepped hastily between the pair, in an attempt at peacemaking, while trying to restrain both her mirth and her anger at Dimithil.

"Messed up, you say? Well, I see you havent been doing at all badly for yourself, Master Dimithil." She looked pointedly at the clothes he was wearing, smart to say the least. Dimithil didnt, however, have the grace to look embarrassed.

"Indeed, but then, I havent just been sitting around in a cell have I? Nor did I attack the guards when I first came here." He smiled infuriatingly and Tallin put her hand on Rayes arm. She could practically hear her grinding her teeth with barely restrained anger. "No, you gave in without a fight then did you Dimithil?" Tallin replied evenly. As her brothers eyes flashed angrily, Belle now stepped in.

"Now, calm down everyone; Dimithils here to help us."
"Aye, well maybe its the kind of help we can do without then." Raye snarled. Tallin didnt disagree.

"Listen, are we going to go or not?" Dimithil was now impatient. "And am I ever going to be introduced?" Tallin didnt return his smile, but answered all the same.

"I am Tallin Wolfsoul. This is Yenhofir, Hwestalarion, Berethion, Arrelle and...Raye." Tallin paused, ever so slightly, before saying Raye, not Corrowyn.

"Fine. Lets go-" Berethion seemed to have no interest really and started to turn before he stopped, his hand up, motioning for them to be quiet. There was no need; they could all hear the sound of running footsteps and angry voices- the voices of the guards. Tallin cursed under her breath; they could have been already gone if it wasnt for the arrogance of Belles brother. She looked back down the corridor and could see torchlight on the walls, faintly; they were quite close. She looked back and saw Belle and Dimithil running down one corridor, fast, hand in hand. She smiled briefly; they were back together then. Then her smile vanished; Raye had started off down the third, remaining corridor. Berethion was also staring after her.

"Come on, are you going to wait for them to find you after all this trouble?" Raye snapped, and Tallin could sense the fear in her voice and thought of the bruises evident on Rayes skin. Berethion gave Tallin a long suffering look and sighed, before running after her. Tallin paused, torn, but she knew that, even if she had come with Belle, to find Dimithil, she would not follow two who had so selfishly run, alone. Nodding at Arrelle, Yenhofir and Hwesta, she inclined her head.

"Come, let us follow."
"Follow who?!" Yenhofir asked.
Tallin smiled. "Whoever you wish." With that she turned and sprinted away after Berethion and Raye, with Hwesta beside her. After only a very small moment, the others followed them. Tallin smiled to herself once again, but it seemed that they had now inadvertently made Raye even angrier.

"How do we get out?" Tallin asked Berethion, catching him up easily although he ran fast.

"Generally, if you run for long enough, youre bound to find some ends." He answered, smiling slightly. She punched him lightly on the arm. "Oh, great plan!" She replied, exasperated and recieved a grin before they sped up even further; the guards were close.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:25 PM   #83
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil now ran up forward.

"Follow me, I know the way out." He yelled to the others.

They ran trough all kid of hallway's. Up stairs down stairs. Left right. The footstep's of the guards fainted and faded away. The where still running when Dimithil stopped.

"What's wrong? Lost directions?" Raye asked a little too happy.

Dimithil moved a wall curtain away. There was a stone wall behind it tough. But Dimithil took a shield of the wal and bashed it along with his body against the wall. The stones where now gone and so was Dimithil. They could see a path. they all went trough and Dimithil covered the hole with the curtain.

"You seriously tought I did nothing here? The hall leads passed the gate. They will not find out in a long time, since they are not using this part." Dimithil said proud.

"Arren't you glad that I am here now?" He sarcasticly said to Raye.

Raye controlled herslef and went on.

[ February 06, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Ford aspire specifications

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:26 PM   #84
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel glowered a bit at Berethion and Tallin's "play". Not only did she not particularly like this Tallin girl, but the two were jesting whilst they were trying to find an exit from death! It was not the time for jovial behavior.

She perked up a bit at Dimithil's proclamation that he knew how to escape. Hwestlaeriel's head still throbbed horribly and she wanted to get out. She hoped that her head would not start bleeding again. Still feeling a little light-headed, she stumbled along the hallway a bit after the others.

Berethion looked fairly indignantly at Dimithil. He wished he had been the one to get them out. If they had kept blundering around, they would have found the exit.

As he silently stewed in his jealous state, he forgot about his little sister and did not notice her falling farther behind...
Old 02-07-2003, 05:11 PM   #85
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arrellepushed onwards, her stomach still causing her pain and it throbbed horribly. Arrelle's life had not prepared her for this so she stumbled along, following blindly where ever she may be led. She could see Yenhofir dropping back, not used to this either, the elves were keeping up a fast pace. More surprizingly though, Hwesta was dropping behind. To Arrelle it seemed that Hwesta had been ready for anything, she'd been so eager to leave her home, a choice which Arrelle herself now regretted taking.

Hwesta was turning pale and she was stumbling more than was usual, especially for an elf. Arrelle moved over to her, and they stopped, she put her arm around Hwesta, steadying her while Arrelle herself tried regaining her breath. She called after the others who stopped, though some seemed reluctant to.

Berethion rushed to his sister's side berating himself for leaving his sister behind. Yenhofir was taking as much advantage of the rest as she could. The others, however, looked eager to get away and start running again, to get as far away from the guards and prison cells that they could.

[ February 07, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 02-08-2003, 06:13 AM   #86
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin leant against one of the walls, breathing deeply. They had run for hours it seemed, in the darkness, following Dimithil, not knowing if he would give them up to those who had showed him kindness in the mountains, even if they hadnt to his sister and her companions; even for Tallin it was exhausting. Listening carefully she couldnt hear the guards apart from a few muffled clankings and voices far away and quite possibly on a different floor- steps didnt seem to be needed to change floors in this strange network of corridors in which they had been running. Whoever hsd designed it seemed not to know what normal places looked like and probably spent his time in a darkened room...

She pushed away from the wall to stand upright and looked back at where most of the group were gathered around Hwesta. All except herself...and Dimithil, Tallin realised. Well, she wasnt going to be acting the same as the stuck up elf! She began walking back to Hwesta, but slowly; the elf had taken against her, though she knew not why.

"Are you alright Hwesta?" She murmered softly as she came to them. A bit ofsearching her many pockets produced a small flattish parcel, wrapped in a large green leaf.

"Here." She held it out to Hwesta, but the elf only eyes it suspiciously. Tallin smiled slightly, but not mockingly. "Its lembas Hwesta. Its safe."

Reluctantly and with much cajoling from her brother, Hwesta took the lembas and grunted her thanks to Tallin. Well, maybe that would make her less hostile towards her...

As soon as Hwesta had finished eating, Dimithil insisted they carried on running and Tallin realised far more was at stake for him than for them. They set off again, and Tallin noticed the corridors getting lighter now, with daylight streaming in through windows that gradually got larger. Dimithil led them confidently, and Tallin even managed a little admiration for him; certainly all the corridors looked the same to her. He halted suddenly as they came to a small side corridor and walked through it, apparently counting the bricks on the wall under his breath; Tallin could just hear him.

"Twenty one, twenty two, twenty three...here!" He smiled and, tracing his finger down to the floor, he opened a trap door which had been practically invisible, even if you knew what you were looking for. The clear light of day shone could be seen, and greenery.

"This takes us right outside; there is a drop of about 6 feet to the ground. Once outside we can-" Dimithil was cut off by Raye.

"Be very careful, and very quiet." She said sharply. She lowered her voice. "There are things on the mountain far darker than the elves."

Dimithil gave her a 'look', obviously unimpressed with having his thunder stolen, and slipped feet first through the trapdoor, followed quickly by his sister. The others seemed happier by his nonchalence and followed, but Arrelle, Tallin and Berethion hesitated; they had taken heed of Rayes warning. Then they too followed and fell into the underbrush, none too gracefully it must be said, to find themselves on the side of the mountain, but in what seemed to be quite a thick forest. Now just to get away from the mountain itself...

[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 02-09-2003, 09:40 PM   #87
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

The forest was so thick that it blocked the sun. It took some time before Raye was able to figure out what direction they faced. And it took her even more time to figure out what direction to take.

South was out of the question. If they head that way, they would run right into the night elves again. And Raye didn't even think about turning East. The thought of seeing that swamp again sent chills down her spine. The murderess wondered about heading North. She knew that the mysterious creature dwelled there, but she didn't believe it could be all that dangerous. Besides, it would be a good way to dispose of the weaker ones of the group. But Raye wanted to get out of the mountains, not further into them. Going West seemed to be the only option.

Raye glanced back at the others, who sat resting behind her. Her eyes fixed on Tallin and Berethion, who were in deep conversation. They spoke something about Tallin's missing wolves. The wolf tamer looked quite worried while the other elf reassured her. Raye turned away, disgusted. She would listen to that conversation no more.

Raye could not see how Berethion could befriend the wolf tamer, especially after what she had told him about her. It was Tallin whom the murderess wanted dead the most. Perhaps if she wasn't so fond of wolves and their ways, it would be different. But Wolfsoul was perhaps closer to wolves than humans or elves, and Raye knew she would never turn against them. Even if she knew the truth about them and what they had done to the murderess.
Only if there was some way to lure Tallin into the creature's lair and no one else.
Perhaps there is a way, Raye said to herself.
The murderess smiled to herself at thought that this idea could actually work. For once, perhaps something would go her way.

Raye stood up and turned to the others.
"We will head North West," she told them. "Follow me."
Old 02-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #88
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil looked up when the woman finaly spoke. He did not trusted her one little bit. But did not let Belle notice. He had been following Raye for a while and noticed that she was not so much busy planning a route. SHe was thinking a lot harder. Maybe she would hurt someone. Well, that was not going to happen while Dimithil was in the picture. Dimithil made a promise to himself.
You will kill her if she tries anything funny. She has no good name Dimithil. No good name at all.

He stood up and walked afther Raye. He was not comfortable at all.

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Ecigarette

Old 02-11-2003, 05:37 PM   #89
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel looked at her brother in deep conversation with Tallin. Her original hatred was now moving more towards fear, jealousy, and curiosity. Yes, surprisingly Hwestlaeriel felt curious about this new woman and the respect she received. What was Tallin? What talent did she possess?

"We will head North West. Follow me," came the command. Hwestlaeriel quickly turned and followed everyone. She wondered where she was, as she had lost all bearing of where they were. She only knew direction via the sun and its movement.

She sighed and quietly followed again, looking at her surroundings and still feeling lost.

Finally, she moved towards an Elf, Dimithil, and asked him, "Do you know where we are? For I have lost all bearings..."
Old 02-15-2003, 06:07 AM   #90
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil looked at the girl. He noticed a sertain change in her eyes. He could not describe it tough. He faced Raye for a moment and then looked back.

"We ar in the Grey Mountains. Not the best place to stick arround. Raye is leading us North West. With what intencions, I do ot know. To tel you the truth, I don't trust this girl. Who is she anyway? I get a nasty feeling when I'm close to her. There is a smell arround her. A smell of death."

Dimithil continued walking and watched Raye's every move. You watch your step Raye. I'm not in the mood to kill again. I hate it anyway.He tought for himself. He shurely did hate killing. Even the nightelves. He respected the life of every creature. Even as bad and rotten as Raye.
________
Scientology Forums

Old 02-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #91
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin also felt uneasy about Raye. She seemed almost nervous, constantly looking around, and it was so unlike her. But the wolftamer also couldnt stop thinking about that...thing...the massive, troll like beast that had burst through into the night elves chamber when they were there. She smiled wryly to herself, wondering what Aragilath thought of her after she saved him from the creature, pushing him out of the way. Ah well, it was a problem he wouldnt have to face; and if they were caught he would have all the more reason to lock them away for life...that thought was rather sobering and Tallin pressed onwards with a frown.

She heard a noise from the bushes to her right, like a dog sized animal was moving throught the bushes and turned, hopeful...

No. It was just the breeze probably. And still her wolves were nowhere to be seen. She sighed and looked around, her frown deepening. She hadnt really been paying attention to where they were, and this didnt seem right...a foul cmell came from somewhere and Raye seemed all the more nervous. Where were they?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:55 PM   #92
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Sting

Quote:
"We ar in the Grey Mountains. Not the best place to stick arround. Raye is leading us North West. With what intencions, I do ot know. To tel you the truth, I don't trust this girl. Who is she anyway? I get a nasty feeling when I'm close to her. There is a smell arround her. A smell of death."
Hwestlaeriel addressed Dimithil, then, "I do not know who Raye is. I know nothing of these people, except for my brother, of course, Berethion. He, however, seems to have more knowledge of some of these people." She paused for a second, then added, "Especially Tallin. As you have not expressed distrust for her, I wonder if you know anything of her? I feel a distrust for her, but I feel it may only be jealousy."

Hwestlaeriel looked at Dimithil, who replied simply, "She is trustworthy," before moving on and continuing to watch Raye with distrust. Hwestlaeriel sighed and walked over to where Berethion was following the group.

"Suilad, muindor," Hwestlaeriel greeted. Berethion gave a small grunt of return. Hwestlaeriel continued, "Dimithil was wondering if I knew anything about Raye. I said that no, I did not. I was curious if you had, at any point, had dealings with Raye? Can she be trusted?"

Berethion looked at Hwestlaeriel questioningly, indicating that he had no thoughts of mistrust for Raye and seemed to surprised at her mention of Dimithil's feelings. Hwestlaeriel took back the question, as her brother obviously did not have an answer, and the two continued on...

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 02-17-2003, 12:47 PM   #93
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Though the trees still covered the sun, Raye could tell it was setting, for the sky slowly began to darken.
She stopped in her tracks and observed her surroundings. The group stood at a clearing of the trees, a perfect place to camp. The foul stench had grown stronger than ever, coming from Raye's right. The entrance to the creature's lair was near. But the creature would not hurt them here; it only would if one of them got any closer to the lair. The murderess smiled. Yes, this was a perfect place to camp. She turned to the others.
"We will rest here, tonight," she announced.
There were several mutters and groans in response.
"Couldn't we walk a little bit further?" Faryn complained. "The smell is quite terrible here."
"Not if you do not wish to walk blindly in the dark," Raye snapped. "I do believe you would like to live another day, servant girl, especially after all that trouble escaping from the night elves."
Faryn did reply to her comment.

The group settled into their camp quickly, each heavily in a conversation with another, except for Raye, that is. Instead, she watched Tallin and Berethion, who were speaking to each other, looking too happy.
"Wolfsoul, we need firewood," the murderess said suddenly.
Tallin looked at Raye. "Yes, and why are you telling me this?" she responded.
"I want you to get me some."
"Me?!" the wolf tamer cried out. "Do it yourself, Raye. This is a forest, for goodness sake! It's not that hard."
"Excuse me? I have led you through the forest all day, and what have you done? Nothing!"
"Perhaps you should do as she says," Berethion whispered to Tallin, obviously not wanting the two to fight. "It won't take long."
The wolf tamer stood up angerly.
"There are plenty of broken branches over there," Raye observed, pointing to where the foul smell was coming from. "Perhaps you'll find even more if you go further in."
Tallin glared at the murderess.
"Unless you are too frightened by the smell."
Tallin had enough then. She stormed off in the direction Raye had pointed, muttering that she wasn't frightened by anything, especially some silly smell. Raye hoped it would be the last time she would see the wolf tamer.

"You know, you do not have to be so hostile towards Tallin," Berethion told Raye. "The two of you could get along quite well if you just gave her a chance."
"I can't give her a chance," Raye replied. "She is a wolf tamer and therefore I believe she is part wolf. You can't ever trust a wolf."
"What is it you've got against wolves, anyways?" Berethion asked. "Did they once hurt you in some way?"
Raye did not respond.

A half an hour had passed and Tallin had not returned. It was then Berethion made the decision to go after her.
"She has been gone too long," the elf declared. "Something is not right. I have to find her."
The others nodded in agreement, some offering to help find the wolf tamer, but Berethion turned down the offers, claiming he could find her alone. Raye was the only one who disagreed with Berethion's decision.
"Tallin is fine," she said. "She is probably just somewhere sulking."
What the murderess said was probably true, for she and no one else had heard any sign of the creature. She couldn't help but to wonder why it hadn't gotten her yet.
But despite what Raye had said, Berethion went after the wolf tamer.

Raye waited for the elves' return, hugging her knees and chewing on her nails. She now hoped that the creature wouldn't show and they would return safely. The murderess couldn't afford to have anything happen to Berethion. He had saved her life, after all. Twice.
Perhaps there was no creature, after all. Perhaps it was just an old smell and the creature was dead. This thought made Raye relax a little.

It was at that moment when a loud noise sounded from the direction the elves had disappeared. It was a strange noise, something the murderess had not heard before. But she knew what had made it and stood up immediately.
"What was that?" Dimithil asked, who now stood next to her.
Raye shook her head. She bit her lip hard, knowing her plan had backfired.
Before Dimithil could ask her another question, the murderess charged forward in the direction the creature had made the noise.

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 02-17-2003, 01:20 PM   #94
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"I knew it! I knew she was up to no good. She will probably try to kill Tallin if she escapes the danger she is in! Let's go! We must stop her!" Dimithil shouted.

He ran of in the same direction that Raye had went to. The smell got stronger as Dimithil ran. It was a horrible smel. A smel of death. It was the same oder that hung around Raye. Only 10 times stronger. She must have led the group here on pupose. Trying to take out Tallin. Dimithil feared that it was the cave of the monster that had attacked the nightelves a few times. And now Dimithil saw it again.

It was a big monster. Almost twice as big as Raye. It had struck down one of the group, but in the dark, Dimithil could not see wich it was. Suddenly he heared a crie in the dark.

"Berethion!"

It was Raye. The beast got Berethion. This was defenetly not Raye's intention. Dimithil charged at the sound that Raye had produced. He saw her silouet in the dark and leaped at it. Raye was cought of guard and struck the floor.

"I knew you where no good. You are a killer. I know you. I just did not remember it until now. You will pay for your deeds. You killed a friend of me in the Inn. I hope you will be treated poorly in the afther live. Do you have a last request lady death?" Dimithil said mad from anger.
________
Star craft replays

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:19 PM   #95
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin walked away from the group, especially from Raye, counting to ten under her breath very quickly. She had heard it was meant to calm you down; it wasnt working. Shed tried it four times then gave up, too busy with the stench which was ever getting stronger. Automatically she felt for the knife nearest to her hands and easiest to get to, one in a sheath along her lower arm, able to be easily slipped into the hand, and cursed silently as she realised the sheath was empty- the night elves had found that one then. Then she froze. A sound had attracted her attention, and sound that was awfully like...

No, dont be stupid Tallin. She silently reprimanded herself. She was making herself jumpy. But as she continued she found herself moving more slowly, and more quietly than before. Her feet made almost no noise, just a soft padding. She hoped it would be quiet enough to avoid the attention of whatever was in here-

No! There is nothing in here! Tallin forced herself to believe it and straightened up slightly, but still walking slowly. All around her was complete silence; the birds had stopped singing a way back, as if avoiding this area. There was a dark cave ahead and, forcing herself not to give in to Rayes jeering, she entered.

The elf was a few metres in when she once again heard the noise and froze against the wall, her almost lupine senses heightened even further by the sense of danger. There it was again. Oh Eru... The sound of breathing. Harsh, heavy breathing, as if from the mouth of a great beast. Tallin realised too late that she had grown to easy in Raye's prescence- the murderess was still trying to get rid of her.

Tallin cursed silently and edged forward a little more, to get her bearings in the darkness. Then a huge nightmarish shape moved across the entrance, momentarily blocking out what little light there was; a giant shape, like a massive moving boulder. Tallin stopped breathing. She was in a cave. Alone.

With a troll.

Something was being rolled across now, and Tallin realised it was a massive boulder, now half across the entrance. Panic overwhelmed her; she would be trapped in here with this creature. She stepped back the way she had come, towards the light a few steps when a large crunch emitted from her feet. In her haste Tallin had stepped on something and looking down she saw the object in question and her eyes widened. A bone, and not an animals bone either; either human or elven. She felt sick; bones had never really been a problem, but this was human...and she knew the thing had heard her. It turned slowly, its massive bulk turning towards Tallin and she saw a pair of red piggy eyes one and a half times her height again above her head.

And they saw her.

The thing gave a huge roar, shaking the cave and started lumbering towards her at an alarming pace. Tallin dived to the side, out of the way, and felt more bones crush beneath her, and gave a startled yell. Trying to form more sensible words, she took a deep breath and yelled again.

"Berethion! Arrelle! Dimithil! Hw-" She stopped and threw herself out of the way again as a massive fist swung at her. Or was that a club? With a start she realised this was the same thing that had attacked the night elves when Aragilath had addressed them. Her mind dragged up without any prompting the exact images of the several night elves who had fallen prey to the beast.

Drawing her sword, not a usual oocurence, she crouched low in a defensive position close to the ground; it would be harder for the creature to distinguish her from the rest of the rocks scattered around the floor. Unless its eyesight was good in the dark...

The troll started to sniff deeply and Tallin silently cursed again. Oh yeah, sense of smell was a runner as well. She took a swing at it as it lurched towards her, but didnt do much damage as she was equally absorbed in getting out of the way. She took another deep breath but there was no need- she wasnt alone any longer. She could see the figures at the entrance, silhouetted against the light. It was probably the rest of her companions, but right now she would be quite satisfied with the night elves...
Old 02-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #96
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel quickly saw that the creature had not finished his job, and that her brother lay some twenty paces away to where she had run at the call of her brother's name. She ran to the handsome Elf's prostrate body. She also saw Dimithil strike down Raye. The cry Raye had given had seemed to be one of fright, not one of a malicious nature. Maybe the woman was trustworthy, as her brother believed...

Quote:
"I knew you where no good. You are a killer. I know you. I just did not remember it until now. You will pay for your deeds. You killed a friend of me in the Inn. I hope you will be treated poorly in the afther live. Do you have a last request lady death?"
Hwestlaeriel, kneeling by Berethion, called over to Dimithil, "Deal with her later! I need your help!"

She could see that Berethion was growing pale. He was badly injured. Hwestlaeriel could see that, if they did not aid him, he would soon perish.

Dimithil did not move from where he stood over Raye. Hwestlaeriel looked up and saw a mental struggle going on between the two companions, now rivals. She remained quiet and wondered if Dimithil was going to slay the woman right then...

"Berethion! Arrelle! Dimithil! Hw-" came a faint, cut-off sound. Hwestlaeriel and the others looked around, trying to figure out who made the noise.

"Tallin!" Hwestlaeriel said, seeing that their companion was not with them. She rose to her feet, "Where has Tallin gone?"

She looked at Berethion, then to where the sound came from. She noted that Dimithil did not move. She figured that Berethion's corpse would be safe as long as Dimithil was there. Hwestlaeriel bolted through the woods. She went right to the source of the sound, and found herself right outside the mouth of the cave. Hwestlaeriel stopped and waited, as the others, minus only Dimithil and Raye, appeared around her. Hwestlaeriel looked at the others questioningly, wondering if they should enter.

They heard a scuffling within, and each member of the company quickly drew his or her respective weapon. Hwestlaeriel, oblivious to her actions, led the group into the cave.

Suddenly, Hwestlaeriel stopped, causing Arrelle, who was immediately behind her, to bump into her. Both made no noise, though, seeing what was ahead. They saw the troll and Tallin trapped.

Again, without thinking, Hwestlaeriel approached the troll, prepared to defend her companion and, up to this moment, rival...

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 02-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #97
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye was not out for long.
She awoke, rubbing the side of her head where her old wound had reopened. Raye groaned. Why did she ever believe elves were any better than men?

The murderess looked over where Berethion lay. He was unconcious, but alive. Barely. What had she done? She wanted to run to the elf and tend to him, so much, but she couldn't. Not yet.
The murderess glanced at the troll creature the others were fighting. Oh, how Raye wanted that thing dead. Even if it meant helping the others. Perhaps if she did help them, they wouldn't know that all this was her fault. But Dimithil knew.
Raye looked up and saw him standing there watching the others. He had his sword drawn, ready to kill the murderess, but he no longer paid attention to her. He didn't even notice she was concious.

In a flash, Raye pulled Dimithil to the ground with her, his sword now in her hands. The elf stared at the murderess with surprise and rage.
"What do you think you're doing?" Raye shouted at him. "Won't you even bother to help your companions? Your own sister?"
The murderess did not wait for Dimithil's response. She pushed his sword back into his hands, then unsheathed her own. Then Raye turned and ran toward the troll creature.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:48 AM   #98
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Whats the matter with you?"

Tallin spun around as she heard Rayes angry voice and saw her standing above Dimithil with a sword in her hands. Her eyes widened and she started towards them before she heard Rayes next words. "What do you think you're doing? Won't you even bother to help your companions? Your own sister?"

Tallin stopped, confused. What? Raye was shouting at him for not helping them, who for all appearances she hated? She felt a breeze from above and with a yelp she dived to the side, but too late; the massive weapon of the troll still gave her a glancing blow, knocking her to the side, into the cave wall. She slid down, hitting the floor, winded and with the beginning of one heck of a bruise on her right arm and side, but with nothing more. She gritted her teeth and forced herself to realise how lucky she was, despite the aching in her right arm, now almost useless; she guessed it might actually be broken. Ah well, shed just have to fight southpaw. Getting her breath back she turned over away from the wall and pushed herself into a kneeling position. But as she did so, her sensitive injured arm brushed against something soft and warm. Ish. Looking down she gasped as she saw Berethion lying against the wall, thrown there in a similar way to Tallin herself. She knelt beside him, praying under her breath for him to be alive. She felt his face again and realised he wasnt as warm as she had thought; his usually brown face was unusually pale and cold. She cursed the night elves for taking her medicines bag and patted at her pockets desperately; no, she had nothing to help him.

"Get away from him!" Tallin turned as Raye snarled at her from behind. The woman still held her sword and the wolftamer moved back slightly from its swinging blade.

"Careful Raye."
"Around you?!"
"Im trying to help him! I thought he was your friend!"
"You? Help anyone? No wolf ever helped anyone!" Tallin opened her mouth to protest at that but Raye once again swung her sword at her head and ducked under it, then quickly ducked again as a dark object flew over her head and landed on the other side. Then a voice entered her mind.

"Get away from her, murderess!" The angry growl was heard out of Tallins mind as well and Raye backed away slightly. Tallin didnt need to be able to see the creature in the half light to recognise it, and she grinned incredulously.

"Jet?"
"Oh yeah, and me Tal!"
Tallin spun and saw a second lupine shape; Dia. "And no one messes with my sister like that!"

The female wolf turned to Raye, her back up and fangs bared, causing Raye to back away with a look of disgust and...fear on her face. "Sister?" She murmered. "Sister?!" She repeated louder this time. "The beast calls you its sister?!"

Tallin opened her mouth then realised. "You heard?"

"Of course I heard, I can always hear the voices of these...things when they speak to you."

"What-" Tallin started then stopped as a huge bellow shook the cave again. She looked from Raye, to the troll, to Berethion, ten back to Raye. The woman nodded regretfully, readying her sword again and Tallin drew her own.

"Lets get this beast out of the way as quickly as possible." Rayes voice was hard, but Tallin heard the tremble in it; she was as worried about the wounded elf as Tallin. After a second, the wolf tamer nodded and returned to the fray.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:38 PM   #99
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tallin and Raye charged the Troll head on and smashed into it's legs while evading every strike of the beast. Dimithil had his sword ready and rushed to there aid. The cave was rugged, but had no places to clime on. Dimithil had his knife in his sleave and grabbed his sword now with both hands. With a large swing he struck the Troll in the back. The beast turned to him and with a powerfull swing he struck at Dimithil. He ducked away and the club struck the ground.

Raye now stabed the beast in the back of his leg, cousing it to let out a horrible scream. With his free hand the troll now grabbed Raye, but out of the dark came a wolf. The creature leaped at the hand and his mouth encountered the wrist. With a strong bite the wolf was attatched. Tallin now rushed to the creatures aid, chopping madly in his wrist. The hand could not take anymore and with a powerfull blow of Tallin, it was chopped of.

Dimithil now reiched for the knife and trew it with all he had. It was a nasty pitch, but it did strike the Troll in a nasty place: His neck. The huge monster was now gasping for breath and the company where was now complete. Chopping and bashing as if they where smashing down a tree.
________
MA CONCEPT CAR

Old 02-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #100
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel dove at the creature while the other two girls fought it. She hacked at it with the sword she carried. However, training without any true battle experience made her unable to truly fight as of yet. She found herself thrown against the stone wall. Hwestlaeriel charged back at the troll again, but this time got thrown back again. She hit her head on the stone wall and fell unconscious.

Berethion, unconscious as well, lay on the ground, dreaming fitfully. He had dreams of Tallin and Hwestlaeriel, both. He also saw his parents again. Then, he thought he saw a hallway before him.

"You must wait here," he heard the voice command him, "You cannot pass through these Halls. No pure Elf can. You must wait here until the end of time...unless you are among the lucky...or unlucky...that return to Earth. Only Mandos and the All-Knowing will know that."

This was, of course, a dream. Berethion was not truly in the Halls of Mandos yet, but he could feel death approaching swiftly. He continued his fitful dreams, trapped in an unconscious state, unable to awake at that moment. His mind struggled to find its way back to its body, getting ever-closer to waking one last time before his soul would leave to forever dwell with his Elven kindred, awaiting the end of the world in the Halls of Mandos, unable to pass through to be where men dwelt...
Old 02-19-2003, 12:51 PM   #101
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin swung at the beasts knees and was rewarded by a bellow from above, then had to duck once again, dragging Rayes head down as well, as the club once again swung distractedly at them; the troll was having a problem with having all of them around it. Raye jerked away though, slapping at Tallin's hand. The wolftamer shot her a bemused look before continuing on the things knees, woodsman style, at the creatures tough, gravelly skin. Well, woodswoman anyway. It just wouldnt give in, it was like chopping at a brick, and was damaging her sword...

A scream attracted Tallins attention, a cry of pain and fear. She looked up and saw the human girl, Yenhofir, cowering against the wall.

"Yenh-" She started to call, but too late as she was hit across the head with the trolls club. The wolftamer winced at the smack it made, and the resulting smack as Yenhofir was thrown against the wall. She looked at Raye, who nodded briefly, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing I cant handle, Tallin."

Good grief, was that a smile?! Tallin looked also at Dimithil, but the elf was busy himself. Ducking between the massive trolls legs, she ran towards Yenhofir, facing the wall, and crouched down beside her. She carefully rolled her over and winced again as she saw the huge bloom of blood still spreading across the side of the girls head and face. She didnt withdraw her hand though; she had seen many injured animals, and humans- the guards of Mirkwood after incidents with the spiders, or rogue travellers for instance...

She touched the head wound gently with her fingers and her heart sank as Yenhofir didnt respond at all. Damn, not you as well... The blood had covered much of what was there and as she wiped away from of it carefully, she saw how the trolls club had smashed part of the girls skull. A fracture must have gone into her brain- a quick death at least. The wolftamer bit her lip. Yenhofir was so young, even for the race of men. She closed the girls wide, staring eyes, making her young face look more peaceful, but there was nothing more she could do but murmer a blessing for quick passage to the Havens.

"Farewell, daughter of men." She finished, then felt the ground tremble. She turned quickly and saw the beast take another stagger sidewards, making Dimithil and Dia scuttle hastily out of the way. Tallin noticed the knife sticking out of the trolls neck, pushed in almost up to its hilt, and noticed the golden leaf patterns of Lorien under the blood on the hilt- Dimithils work then. Raye ran from beneath the trolls legs and threw herself to the side as it took another huge step, hunched over now, defeated looking. Then, to Tallins horror, it stood up straight again and gave a massive roar. Quickly, she drew her sword again and, balancing it in her hand, threw it like a spear into the beasts throat to join Dimithils dagger.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #102
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tallin's sword flew trough the air and struck the beasts mouth. The Troll cried out in pain and took a fast swing at Tallin. Tallin jumped aside and evaded the strike. The troll raized his arm again, but this time it was Raye that struck the Troll in the armpit. Another dagger was sticking out of the Troll. Now filled with anger, the Troll charged Arrelle.

The girl did not stand a chanse against the beast and found herself flying trough the air in no time. Arrelle smashed into a wall and did not stand up again. Dimithil cried out. He ran to the girl, trying to lend her some aid, but she was alright. Anger raized in Dimithil and he charged head on. The club of the troll did not discriminate tough and Dimithil was knocked back with increddible force.

He stood up and took a moment to check if everything was okay. He detected one broken rib, but it could not stop him from battle. He took up his sword and ran back to the battlefield.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Honda Airwave Specifications

Old 02-19-2003, 07:28 PM   #103
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye hacked furiously at the troll. She never even thought about what she was doing or if there was a better way to destroy the creature; she just did as what her companions did.
The troll was enraged by the fierceness of the others’ attack, and it thrashed around, striking down whoever it could. Hwesta had already gone down, now unconscious. Yenhofir was dead.
Faryn was next to go. The club swung down on her suddenly, and there was a flash of red. They heard her scream along with the sound of bones breaking, but this time not even Tallin came to her aid. It was no use. They all knew she was already dead.
Raye saw Arrelle go down, and though she seemed unharmed and conscious, she remained where she fell, dazed. Dimithil, who had at first rushed to Arrelle’s aid, now charged at the troll, but was knocked to the ground by the club. But almost immediately, he got back up and charged again.
Belle struck fiercely at the troll’s feet. The creature’s club continuously swung at her, but the elf somehow managed to dodge it each and every time.
Tallin, who was now swordless, hacked at the beast along beside Raye with a dagger, but she did not remain there for long. The club brushed against the wolf tamer’s already wounded side and she fell unconscious. The two wolves howled in fury at the sight of their friend unconscious, but they did not stop their attack on the beast.
Now there were only six of them left to fight the troll.

Raye swung her sword even harder into the troll. She would not give up, no matter how tired she was. The murderess screamed and cursed at the beast as she stabbed it until her voice grew hoarse. She pulled out her daggers with her spare hand and one by one, she threw each one of them at the creature. And then suddenly, without warning, the troll dropped its club, swaying. The creature had finally given in.
As it began to stumble, Raye backed away from it to avoid being crushed. The remaining other three and the wolves did the same, also pulling unconscious Tallin and Hwesta out of the way. The troll then fell, landing with a thud, only feet away from the now small group. All was silent except for the heavy breaths of the remaining four and the wolves.
Raye watched Belle bend over Faryn’s broken body, and examining it. Realizing that two of her company were now dead, the elf shook and collapsed in despair. Dimithil, her brother, was at her side immediately, hugging her and whispering comforting words in Elvish.
Not far from the two elves was Arrelle, who had gotten up from where she had fallen and was now knelt down beside Tallin and Hwesta, trying to wake them both. The wolves were beside her, whispering to Tallin with their mind speech.
Raye stared at them all in disbelief. I am the cause of all this, she realized. The murderess had killed many, but never before had she seen other grieve for the dead.

A moan, barely audible, interrupted her thoughts. Berethion! Raye thought and immediately turned around, running to him. How could she have forgotten him?
When Raye reached the elf, she knelt down beside him and saw what neither she nor Tallin and Hwesta saw before. Berethion’s chest was completely torn. It seemed nothing but a mass of flesh and blood. Yet somehow the elf remained alive.
Suddenly, Berethion’s eyes fluttered open and looked at Raye.
“Corrowyn,” he whispered. “Are you all right?”
“I am,” Raye nodded.
“What about Tallin? How is she?”
Raye looked over at Tallin, who was just coming to. “She is all right,” she answered.
“And what about Hwestlaeriel, my sister?”
Raye looked again in Tallin’s direction. Hwesta laid beside the wolf tamer, still unconscious, but alive.
“She will live.”
Berethion nodded. He opened his mouth to say something else, but instead coughed up blood.
Despair swept over Raye, as she realized she could not save her friend. Even if she were able to tend to him earlier, his wounds were too severe. He was dying and it was because of the murderess. Unable to hold back her tears, Raye collapsed over herself, burying her face into her arms and wept.
“Don’t cry,” Berethion said, his own voice shaking. In an attempt to console her, his hand reached out and stroked Raye’s hair.
“I’m sorry,” the murderess whispered, sobbing. “This is all my fault. The troll was meant for Tallin and only Tallin, and even for doing that I-I………Oh, I’m so sorry, Berethion.”
“Don’t be so hard on yourself, Corrowyn,” Berethion told her, dropping his hand back at his side. “We all make mistakes. That is how we learn.”
Raye lifted her head and looked at him. “And what am I to learn, Berethion?”
“That friends are better than enemies. That in order to survive, you always need someone else on your side. You need a friend, Corrowyn. You must learn to trust another being, besides me. I won’t always be around for you to rely on, you know.”
The elf tried to smile at the murderess, but failed. His eyes then moved past Raye, and he lifted his head, staring at something else, but the murderess did not bother to turn and see what. Still looking away from Raye, Berethion opened his mouth to speak, but once again, nothing came out but blood.
Berethion laid his head back against the wall and closed his eyes. The elf was unconscious again.
Raye stared at the dying Berethion, tears streaming down her face. Blood still poured freely from the gash in his chest and she could see that breathing had become difficult for him. The color of his skin made Berethion already look dead. The elf suffered openly and Raye hated it. She knew Berethion would not give up so easily and he would live on until he bled to death. And though that would not be much longer, Raye could not stand to see her friend suffer anymore. She could not let him bear such pain.
Slowly, the murderess leaned over him, stopping only inches from his face. In a whisper barely audible, Raye spoke.
“She loved you, Berethion. Tallin loved you.” She paused before continuing. “And so did I.”
Then the murderess kissed the elf, drawing out all the life that was left in him. Berethion’s chest stopped moving, and suddenly the elf seemed at peace.
Raye took one look at the now dead Berethion and her emotions took hold of her. I killed him, I killed him, she kept telling herself, crying. For the first time, the murderess saw herself as others saw her; a monster.

Though she could hear nothing over her own weeping, Raye saw a glimpse of the others out of the corner of her blurred eyes. Then, there was a flash of a sword. Oh, great, she thought. They are going to kill me, now. And for once, the murderess no longer cared.
Raye held her breath as she felt the sword plunge into her side.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 AM   #104
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin felt the pain finally overwhelm her as the troll's club hit her injured side and arm, and slipped, struggling all the way, into unconciousness.

The wolf tamer felt herself slowly coming around, how long afterwards she didnt know. Then the pain shot through her side again and she doubled up on the floor, clutching it. She felt the blood seeping through her fingers, and it felt like the red liquid must be liquid fire, not blood. She sat up carefully and looked around.

Hwesta lay beside her, and feeling the side of the elfs neck, Tallin was relieved to feel her pulse going steadily. Directly in front of them was the huge bulk of the troll. Tallin jumped back slightly, reaching for a knife, then realised how still the troll was. Dead at last.

"Uh huh, youre right about the last." Tallin didnt turn around, and a few seconds later she felt a wet nose nudge into the small of her back. Smiling she reached her hands out to either side and both wolves pushed their noses into one, a sign of friendship they had perfected over the years. She opened her mouth to reply but was hushed by Jets quiet voice. "No, don't reply now Tal. He needs you."

Tallin didnt need to ask who. Berethion. She could hear a quiet voice nearby, a quiet voice, murmering desperately, pleading almost. She stood slowly and climbed over the trolls body, landing silently on the other side, a few metres behind Raye...and Berethion.

“This is all my fault. The troll was meant for Tallin and only Tallin, and even for doing that I-I…Oh, I’m so sorry, Berethion.”
Meant for Tallin?! Tallins mind screamed at her outraged, but she didnt move, couldnt move.

"Don’t be so hard on yourself, Corrowyn," Berethion replied, and Tallins heart wrenched as she heard his voice sounding so weak. "We all make mistakes. That is how we learn."
"And what am I to learn, Berethion?"
"That friends are better than enemies. That in order to survive, you always need someone else on your side. You need a friend, Corrowyn. You must learn to trust another being, besides me. I won’t always be around for you to rely on, you know."

Tallin thought she could hear him smile, but it was as weak, she knew, as his voice. Tears started to slip down her cheeks, but she hardly noticed, as she felt her heart ripping in two.

"She loved you, Berethion. Tallin loved you." The wolf tamer looked up, surprised, and wondered if Raye had looked behind and seen her; but no. She was serious. The next words were even quieter, as Raye bent over Berethion. "And so did I." The womans head moved down, over Berethions pale face, and she kissed him. Tallin looked away, down at the ground, then dropped her head back, closing her eyes. Slowly she sank to the ground, and she felt the link she had with Berethion break as he slowly slipped into the clutches of death.

"No." She whispered, almost silently. She heard another run up behind Raye, but didnt move from her spot on the floor until she heard the horrified gasp, then the silver sound of a sword being drawn. Her eyes flicked open immediately and she saw Dimithil standing over Raye. The next few seconds seemed to almost be in slow motion; Dimithil drew back his sword, and thrust it into Rayes side, his face a contorted mask of anger. The woman fell sidewards without a noise, hitting the floor beside Berethion with a soft thump. Then she opened her tear stained eyes again and Tallin saw the spark of life there, the life of one who was prepared to live properly, without waste. Dimithil stepped over her.

"Murderess." That one word was enough, that hissed accusation. His eyes narrowed again and he held his sword up above his head in a two handed grip, as if about to make a sacrfice. "And may your soul never find peace."

The sword came down in a blur, down past Dimithils head, past his torso, down down down, towards Rayes prostrate body as she made no attempt to get away-

-before it stopped about an inch from her chest, the blade held in an iron like grip. Tallin winced, gritting her teeth against the pain as the double sided blade bit into her hands, but didnt take them away, holding the blade up, away from Rayes body. Dimithil looked at her, confusion mizxed with anger in his blue eyes. After a second he drew his sword back up, slicing Tallins hands even further, and she knew anger was winning.

"Why?" He murmered, then his frown deepened and his voice raised, almost to a shout. "Why? Why? Why would you protect the one who tried to kill you?!"

"We all make mistakes." Tallin echoed Berethions words, words from the grave, and saw Raye's eyes open slowly, the confusion evident in her tear stained eyes as well...and the pain that was a mirror of Tallins own.

"No! No, I deserve to die!" She said, her look wild, almost panicky. She reached up to Dimithil, reaching for his sword. "I deserve to die!" She repeated, her voice choked with tears. She caught the end of Dimithils sharp blade with her fingers, but he pulled it away from her, slicing her skin; he was looking from Tallin to Raye, confused. Raye seemed to relish the blood on her fingers, staring at it like the holy grail. Tallin crouched down in front of her and their eyes met...but Raye dropped hers immediately.
"I killed him."
Tallin took her hands carefully, looking at the blood on her fingers and the blood on her palms. Their hands spread up, like mirror images of each other, and their palms pressed together, the blood mingling.

"I deserve to die." Rayes voice didnt sound as convinced now. She looked back up at Tallin, before both of them looked at Berethion.

"I loved him." She continued. The wolf tamer nodded.
"Aye. Me too."
Old 02-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #105
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil was confused. A target protecting his killer. He knew about forgiving, but this was insane. He figured that there was more to this girl than just a killer. Corrowin was her name. Atleast, that was what his elven ears had picked up. He tought that the name was better. It sounded a lot different than Raye. As he saw the tears and the despair in her eyes, he saw that she had changed somehow. She had killed her only companion. It does teach a person a lesson in a way.

Dimithil shoke the toughts of his mind and focused on something more important than Raye: Belle!. She was down for the count. He ran to his sister and lifted her head from the ground.

"My miire. I will never leave you again. Don't worry, I am here. Your uuvea sikil proved good in battle. It is sticking out of it's head. Don't worry, I'm here." Dimithil said between his tears.

His sister was badly wounded by the troll and there was a lot nessecary for Corrowin to regain Dimithil's trust. He hated Raye forver, Corrowin had a chanse tough. He manned his sister until she was good enough to stand on himself. He went back to see if anybody else needed his aid.
________
Dr platform

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:32 PM   #106
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel's senses came back to her in a rush. Much like the wave of sights and sounds came the wave of nausea. The cut on Hwestlaeriel's head from the dungeon had obviously reopened. Hwestlaeriel looked up, and saw that she lay under stone. For a few seconds, Hwestlaeriel tried to figure out where she was.

Suddenly, the battle came back to her. That she was alive indicated that the others must have won, and that she was spared.

Berethion. That was the word that suddenly came back. He was wounded and seemed in a bad condition. Hwestlaeriel struggled to stand to look for her only friend and companion. She loved her other brother, Dantilaision, yes, but she had always been closest with her jovial sibling, Berethion. He had always allowed her to contribute as a male to any fighting or other such usually masculine activities. He treated her, his younger sister, as an equal. She wondered if he knew how much that meant to her.

Hwestlaeriel choked a bit as she arose, her nausea nearly overcoming her. She saw Dimithil solemnly come over and aid her in standing. She gratefully rose, thankful that Dimithil did not force her to remain on the ground, resting.

"Berethion," she said quietly, "How is Berethion?"

She expected an affirmation that, yes, Berethion was seriously wounded, but he, too would recover in a few minutes. Instead, she got only melancholy silence from all around her. Hwestlaeriel wrenched her arm out of Dimithil's grasp, away from his aid. She forgot all about her swimming head and quivering stomach that equalled the shakiness her legs now felt. She turned, looking for her brother.

"Where is he?" Hwestlaeriel asked, "I know he survived! Where is he?"

Hwestlaeriel's voice grew shrill as she spoke, and her voice cracked as she became more panicked in her search. Finally, her eyes landed on a still body. She looked for a sign of life from where she stood, but could see none.

Hwestlaeriel felt her entire body go numb. She tried to run to her brother's body, but her legs would not move. Her world closed around her. Berethion was the reason she awoke each morning: in the hopes that she would see him to bring joy into her life; in the hopes that he would come and change her world, as he always did, bringing excitement into her dull existence. Berethion was the only man Hwestlaeriel allowed herself to love openly. The Elves her parents pointed out meant nothing to Hwestlaeriel, and all those that Hwestlaeriel loved her parents scorned. Berethion, as her brother, was not only deserving of her love, but of her parents' approval as a playmate as well. Berethion represented Hwestlaeriel's heart, her joy, her very existence.

Hwestlaeriel's legs finally gave out. She managed to stumble over to her brother's body, then she sank to her knees over the corpse, her heart breaking inside her chest. She let out one scream, then collapsed, silently crying upon Berethion's lifeless form. Berethion was dead. Hwestlaeriel now may as well be dead. There was no point to her life anymore, she thought.

Those around her did not bother her, merely letting her grief take its due course. Dimithil tended to the other injured members of the company, and most of the uninjured busied themselves aiding Dimithil and preparing to set off.

Hwestlaeriel remained prostrate on the ground, crying as she had never had cause to cry before. In the back of her mind, she wondered if she would ever stop crying, if the others would come and aid her, or whether she would spend the rest of eternity mourning upon this spot, over her brother's dead body...
Old 02-20-2003, 10:46 PM   #107
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye allowed Tallin to comfort her, something she had not allowed anyone to do, save Berethion. She was surprised to see that the one whom she tried to kill was the one who saved her life. Raye had misjudged the wolf tamer. She wondered how many others she had done the same to.
The murderess had made so many mistakes during her life time. Berethion had told her that she must learn from them. But did she really have a chance to learn from all those mistakes? Raye hoped so. She deserved to die, but she wanted to live. She wanted a second chance. She wanted to prove that she was not a monster.

Raye opened her tear streaked eyes and looked at Tallin. But the wolf tamer was no longer focused on her but instead had her head turned at the now conscious Hwesta. Raye could tell by the look on her face that the elf had figured the fate of her brother. Unable to face her, the murderess turned her head away in guilt.
"We should move," she heard Tallin say.
The wolf tamer pulled her up with her uninjured arm and Raye did not resist. But once she was on her feet, Raye doubled over in pain and collapsed. The wound Dimithil had given her was deeper than she thought. Covered in Berethion's, Tallin's, and her own blood, the murderess suddenly felt battle worn. Her breathing was labored, and her entire side ached with pain.
Tallin noticed this, and tried to tend to her, but she stopped, grimacing in pain as she cradled her injured arm.
"Dimithil!" she cried out to the elf, who was tending his sister.
Immediately he was at the wolf tamer's side, offering help.
"Bind Raye's wound. Quick," Tallin ordered, gritting her teeth.
Dimithil looked at her then at Raye.
Raye looked at the elf, fresh tears blurring her vision. "Please," she whispered.
Dimithil hesitated a moment more before tearing cloth from his cloak to bind the murderess's wound.
Not far from them, Tallin sat, still cradling her arm watching helplessly as Hwesta grieved for her brother.
The wolf tamer then looked around the cave, searching.
"What is it?" Raye asked wearily.
Tallin looked over at the murderess, her face lined with worry.
"Arrelle is missing," she said.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 02-21-2003, 07:13 PM   #108
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

"Arrelle is missing," came the words Hwestlaeriel could hear in the back of her mind. That same part of her brain that processed those words tried to force Hwestlaeriel to stand up. It told her that she must search...she must aid her friends in finding this companion. Most of her mind, however, kept screaming to her that Berethion was dead.

She felt Dimithil's hands on her arm, hoisting her up. Hwestlaeriel locked her knees, allowing herself to stand. She looked around, and saw her weary companions preparing themselves for something. She wondered what was happening now.

"We must search for Arrelle," Dimithil said, seeming to read her mind and responding in a fairly gentle voice, "She is missing."

Hwestlaeriel looked at Dimithil for a second, then looked at her brother's body below her and wondered how long she had been crying. And what was she to do? She could not go home now, for her parents would probably not accept her back. They may even blame her for Berethion's death.

Hwestlaeriel gave a submissive sigh. Dimithil responded to her self-pity with reason.

"We must move on. Just because one member is lost, we must not forget the others. Arrelle is probably alive. We must keep hope and find her."

This made sense to Hwestlaeriel. She walked, still rather numbly, over to the others.

"Where shall we look?" Hwestlaeriel said in a hoarse voice.

"We should not travel alone," Tallin said, sensibly, "We do not know what is out there."

"I shall go with you," Hwestlaeriel said to Tallin, surprising even herself in this statement.

The group broke off and went searching for Arrelle. Hwestlaeriel desperately tried to keep her mind on her search and to keep it off of Berethion's demise, to almost no avail.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:50 PM   #109
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arrelle had tried to awaken Tallin and Hwesta, though in vain. She was Shakey and dazed still, the troll's club had dealt her a hard blow, harder than any other she'd ever experienced before. Her head ached from where it had smacked the wall, at first it had been a sharp pain but now it had subsided to a dull throb. Her chest, which had taken the brunt of the club, now caused her the most pain, she didn't know if anything was broken or not but she suspected that something was, it hurt everytime she took a breath.

Arrelle stood up and looked around the cave, past the trolls stinking carcass she could see Yenhofir, she had been such a happy soul, but now she was just another dead body. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked upon Faryn, then Hwesta and Tallin at her feet. Finally she looked over at Berethion, he was still breathing, though barely and even Arrelle could see that he wouldn't make it. Raye was watching him intently, waiting for any last words he may have. Arrelle was overwhelmed, she was just a simple girl from Gondor, not cut out for fighting or battles. All she had wanted was to travel and see new places before she settled down a got herself a husband like her sister. Tears began pouring soundlessly down her cheeks and she fled for the cave entrance, unwatched. Never had she known so much sadness and despair, the thought of it drove her away, she paused and turned to see Tallin slowly awaken and her wolves greet her. She was happy to see that they hadn't been separated but the air was still heavy with sorrow. She plunged off into the forest, her heart heavy with grief, grief for people she barely knew. She ran recklessly through the forest, desparate to get away from the accursed trees. Their presence had become suffocating and now all she wanted was the wide open fields of her home.

Suddenly she remebered her horse waiting patiently for her, she wanted more than ever to have her back again, and once they were together they'd get off strait home, no dallying in Mirkwood or Lothlorien or Rohan or wherever, home was where she wanted to be. Her foot caught on a tree root, snapping her back to reality as she landed on the hard soil. She groaned and rolled over, holding her chest as she sat up as it was searing with pain. tears of pain now mingled with those of sadness and ran with new vigour down her cheeks. She slowly got up, trying to find the least painful way but she didn't bother dusting herself down, she just continued walking in the direction she had been going in, whichever direction that was.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:38 AM   #110
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Tallin had come to the conclusion that she, Hwesta, Belle, and the wolf Jet would search for the missing Arrelle.
"What about me?" Dimithil asked urgently.
"You must stay here with Dia and keep watch over Corrowyn," Tallin answered.
Raye was too bothered by this comment to even notice the wolf tamer had used her true name. "Wait a minute," she said, struggling to stand up. "I'm not staying here. I want to help."
"Corrowyn, I don't think that's such a good idea," Tallin argued. "You are hurt."
"And so are you." Raye pointed to the splint on the wolf tamer's arm.
"But at least I can walk."
"And so can I. I'll just need a little help."
Tallin sighed. "All right, then. How about this? Instead of staying here, you, Dimithil, and Dia will also search for Arrelle. That way we will have two groups searching for her."
"What?!" Dimithil exclaimed. "You're making me go with her?"
"I need you to watch over her, Dimithil," Tallin said. "See that she does not harm herself."
"Harm herself?!" Dimithil was on the verge of shouting. "What about me? Raye is a murderess, or have you forgotten?"
"Raye will not harm you," Belle told her brother. "Please, Dimithil. Do as Tallin says."
Dimithil scowled at this, but agreed he would go with Raye.
"And what about me?" Raye heard Dia complain to Tallin. "That murderess stabbed me. I don't trust her."
"That was long ago, Dia," Tallin responded. "Didn't you hear a word Belle said? Corrowyn won't harm you."
"Corrowyn? Since when was the murderess's name Corrowyn?"
Tallin sighed. "Just do this for me, Dia. Please. I need you to watch Dimithil and Corrowyn and see that they do not try to kill each other."
"Fine, fine," Dia muttered. "But I can't guarantee you that I won't hurt the murderess."
And so the two groups parted, in search of Arrelle.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 02-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #111
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"You need to see she doesnt hurt herself." Tallin tried reasoning with the angry Dimithil, and hoping he wouldnt see the irony in the request, when he had recently attempted to kill her...

"Harm herself?!" Dimithil almost shouted, gesturing wildly at Raye. "What about me? Raye is a murderess, or have you forgotten?"

Ah, so he did see the irony...

"Raye will not harm you." Belle came in here, placing her hand lightly on her brothers forearm, trying to calm him down. Tallin smiled at her; they both knew he hadnt bee talking about Dimithil being harmed by Raye. But it seemed Dia was as upset as Dimithil, and in the same way as Belle had tried to soothe her brother, so Jet was trying to calm down Dia, but not to much avail.

After a brief conversation, in which Tallin could see Raye watching and reacting, Tallin glared at Dia.

"Obsidian..." She growled. The wolf gave in.
"Fine fine. But Im not guaranteeing I wont hurt the murderess."

Murderess. It seemed that was simply how Raye was branded. Tallin smiled slightly at Raye, trying to comfort her, but the woman looked away. Tallin didnt say anything- she knew how she felt, about Berethion...it still hadnt fully sunk in that he was dead it seemed. She had seen deaths before, but someone so close...

No. Keep busy, must keep busy...

"Come on, Hwesta, Belle, Jet. We wont lose another member of our group. Jet, you lead. Come here..." She had found a small necklace, of fine make, with a small, finely carved, horse centre piece and, knowing of Arrelles love of horses, she guessed it was hers. She hoped it would have enough of her scent on it. Dangling it in front of Jet, she let him pick up the scent and after a few moments of snuffling about, he nodded. "Got it. This way. Tell them to go the other way, she may have wandered."

Raye nodded. "Aye, good idea. Dimithil, we're going this way."

"Dont tell me what to do, murderess." He snapped back, but Tallin cut across before he even finished the last word, covering the space between them in a few quick steps until she was face to face with him.

"Dont call her that." She said quietly, her voice as dangerous as a wolfs growl. "She has a name. Dont ever call her that."

Dimithil was startled and lost his composure for a moment. Then he inclined his head sharply. "Fine." He said, just as sharply. Then he started off, not waiting for the other two with him. Tallin sighed, but she also had to go, and didnt have time to wonder about the others.

"Aye, we must go as well. Jet, lead the way."
Old 02-23-2003, 06:35 PM   #112
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

When Raye, Dimithil, and Dia left the cave, it was still night. If there was any moon that night, Raye would never know, as the trees covered it.

The three searched through the darkness at a slow pace. But even a slow pace did not ease Raye's side. It throbbed at every step she took.

Finally, when they were not even a mile away from the cave, Raye collapsed, calling out to Dimithil.
"We have to rest," she told him. "I cannot go on tonight."
"I thought you told Tallin you would be all right," the elf replied.
"Well, I was wrong. At least we're away from that smell, for now at least."
"For now? What do you mean by that?"
"We have to go back and bury the dead. You don't expect us to leave their corpses to rot, do you?"
Dimithil shuddered at the very thought of going back into the cave, but he agreed with what Raye had said.

The two of them sat leaning against a tree and munched on lembas as Dia laid down and watched.
Raye chewed slowly as she thought of her last moments with Berethion. She missed that elf so much. Her guilt for his death still hung about her like a cloud.
Dimithil saw her pain for the loss of Berethion and immediately took pleasure in it.
"Why do you feel so bad about the death of Berethion?" he asked. "You've killed many others before and never felt guilty for their deaths. Why Berethion? What made you.....fall in love with him"
Raye did not respond.
Dimithil smirked. "Fine then. Don't answer. But in a way, I think Berethion's death is a good thing. Serves you right. You deserve to feel guilty for a change."
Raye slapped the elf hard in the face. "Remind me to tell you that when you try to kill me again and instead kill your sister," she yelled at him. "I've never met an elf as terrible as you."
Dimithil rubbed his face, restraining himself from hitting back.
"Raug," he cursed at the women, turning his back to her.
Raye glared at the elf with pure hate. She had enough of his cruelty. She would not let him go around calling her a demon.
"Auta miqula yrch," she challenged at him.
Dimithil turned around. Raye expected him to say something offensive in return, but instead his mouth dropped open.
"You know Elvish?" he asked, surprised.
"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" Raye laughed. "Did you expect me to be that ignorant?"
"I wouldn't go boasting about it, Raye," Dia commented. "Elvish sounds terrible when it comes out of your mouth."
"Shut up!" Raye hissed at Dia, angerly.
Dimithil stared at the woman, looking rather confused, as she had spoken aloud. Raye had the ability to hear mind speech, but she didn't know how to speak it herself.
"I didn't say anything," the elf told her.
"I wasn't speaking to you!" the woman snapped.
"Then who were you speaking to?"
"The damn wolf."
"Oh, don't you go cursing at me now," Dia said, threatening Raye.
Raye smirked. "Why shouldn't I? You creatures are no better than the dirt I walk on," she spat.
Dia growled, baring her teeth. Dimithil stared at the woman, suddenly realizing.
"Oh, no," he said. "Don't tell me you can talk to them too."
"Well, anyone can talk to wolves, you know," Raye answered. "It's the ability to hear them that I've been cursed with."
Old 02-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #113
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Jet sat down, shaking his head. Tallin stopped, waiting patiently- she could tell he was talking to his mate. Eventually he snorted and stood up again, walking ahead in the direction he hoped they had been going before.

"Jet?" She called after him, anxiously, running after him as he now started bounding. "Jet, whats wrong?"

"Dia. Shes..."he stopped and shook his head again, exasperated then restarted. "No, not Dia, Raye. She...she can hear us, Tal. And...it feels wierd. Its like shes always in my head. And I dont know why." His voice was almost a whine by the end. Tallin laid a hand gently on his head. She knew how he felt; it was strange to have someone almost invading the world they had had or themselves for so long.

"Tallin...Tallin, come look at this." Hwestas voice called urgently from a few metres away. Tallin stroked his head gently and followed her voice. She reached where the girl knelt, brushing aside some leaves..

"Arrelle." Tallin brushed the rest of the leaves hastily away from the womans face, then chest and was rewarded by a groan, as the feeble figure almost doubled up in pain. Tallin smiled grimly. "Well, at least we know youre alive."

Arrelle turned on her side, coughing and holding her ribs. Tallin felt the area and felt a bone crack under her fingers. Ah, broken bone. Arrelle had somehow managed to get this far, but she wouldnt be able to get much further without help. She lifted her carefully, and together she and Hwesta supported her. Tallin called to Dia with her mind, and got a grumpy reply.

"What?"
"Well, I am sorry! We're coming back. Go back to the cave."
"Oh joy, we get to be stuck in the cave with Raye now..."
The wolf broke off with an angry mutter and a sigh. Tallin raised her eyebrows but, aware the others couldnt hear, continued back to the cave, holding Arrelle.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:37 PM   #114
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel walked alongside Tallin and the weakened Arrelle. She felt somewhat helpless as she walked along, pretty much useless in this situation. She debated whether she should speak and admit the small skill she could boast of tending injuries. With her brothers, she especially knew how to treat broken bones. She debated with herself all the way back to camp. By this time, she was too late, for the others bustled around Arrelle, tending to her injuries. The others seemed skilled enough that Hwestlaeriel stepped back, watching their technique, making sure they did not make an error in their work. They were basically adept at their mending of the wound.

Hwestlaeriel wondered what they would do once Arrelle was healthy enough to travel again.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:06 AM   #115
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil's eyes dropped and faced the floor. He had been harsh to Corrowyn. And he knew that she was in grief.

"Listen..... Corrowyn...."Dimithil said carefully.

Corrowyn turned around and faced Dimithil.

"Don't you ever call me that elf. You know my name!" She snapped at him."

"Raye was nothing more than a name you gave to your victims. Can't you see that? Raye has died with Berethion. Corrowyn came from his corpse. Eru has given you a message. Take the hint. Can't you see it is not to late to change? When Tallin stopped that blade with her own flesh and blood, it made me realize that there IS someone that does not want you dead. Yet, you refuse all help. You should give up this life of banditry while you still can. You have that chance now." Dimithil said to Corrowyn with tears in his eyes.

He turned around, not able to control himself much longer.

"Don't waste it." He added.
________
Iolite vaporizer review

Old 02-27-2003, 12:32 AM   #116
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

"Why do you hate wolves so much anyways, Raye?" Dimithil asked. “Why did you want to kill Tallin?”
Raye looked at the elf and blinked. She was still surprised by his words earlier, the fact that he wanted her to use her true name. He did not understand that the name was something she could not yet accept. She felt she did not deserve such a name.
And now, Dimithil surprised Raye again by asking her such a personal question.
"Well, there has to be a reason why you hate them so much," he said. "What is it? I'm curious."
"Now that the elf mentions it, I'm kind of curious about that myself," Dia stated. "Why do you hate us so much?"
Raye looked at Dia, then back at Dimithil. Both stared at her intently.
The woman sighed. "Alright, then. You really want to hear this?" she asked.
Dimithil nodded. "Tell me. I want to know what you have against wolves."
Raye smiled. "I didn't always hate wolves, you know," she began. "Oh, no. It was actually the opposite of hate. I loved wolves, and all living things, for that matter. But that was long ago. I was only a child then."
Raye stopped and looked at both the elf and wolf, unsurely.
"Go on," Dimithil said, nodding.
"I was the daughter of two rangers," she continued. "I was born in the wild and spent my entire life in the wild. I do not know what a home is; I've never had one before.
"After I was born, my parents decided to travel less frequent, but to me that meant nothing. We still traveled often enough that I never really got to know another person. One night we would stay at an inn; two days later we were sleeping in the woods. The place that became closest to a home to me was Mirkwood, as we spent much of our time in those woods. And even then I never got an opportunity to speak with another. Elves would pass us by, sometimes with a hello, but that was all. The first time I communicated with another besides my parents, I was five. The first time I ever communicated with another besides my parents, I spoke to wolves.
"I remember the first time I heard the voices in my head. They had frightened me at first, and I began to wonder if I was going mad. But then one night I awoke to find a wolf beside me. She had discovered my gift, and had come to help me deal with it. The wolf, Ava she was called, who was the alpha's mate and had come to befriend me. I was introduced to her pack, and though it was a large pack of wolves, they did not intimidate me. They taught me everything; that if I listened hard enough, I could hear any living thing think or speak; even the trees. Almost every night I would sneak off to find the wolves and tell them my secrets. My parents never did discover my gift, but they took notice of my fondness for living things, especially wolves. They called me their "draug hín," and the name seemed fitting enough. The gift I had got me past the harshness of constant travel. I was no longer upset that I could not find a human or elven friend. I had the wolves and that satisfied me. But soon that all came to an end.
“It was my tenth winter that my childhood abruptly came to an end. It was a black winter that year; it never rained or snowed and it was the coldest winter I can remember. We stayed along the western borders of Mirkwood that winter and spent our time hunting whatever we could. Game was sparse that winter, and we nearly starved to death. I didn’t see much of my wolf friends that winter either, and I figured it was because they had as much trouble finding food as my parents and I. All those who remained in the wilderness of Mirkwood that winter went hungry, but I never realized how desperate the wolves would be. One night, they had come to the decision to attack our only two horses. By the time my father could stop them the horses were already dead. My father, outraged by this, shot arrows at the pack, hitting and killing only one; the alpha. The wolves had succeeded in killing our horses, but in the process, not only did they lose their leader, but they also never got the chance to get the meat off the horses.
“I was upset at my father for killing a wolf, but no more upset with him than I was with the wolves for killing our horses. Our horses were the quickest way of transportation and we also used them to carry some of our belongings. The winter would be even more difficult without them.
“For several days I sulked over this. Over that time period I realized how much I missed speaking with the wolves, and I could no longer stay mad at them. After all, they had only killed our horses to survive the winter. A hunter is always taught it is all right to kill as long it is for food and that is exactly what they had done. So, one night, I decided to seek them out. How foolish I was! Obviously, the wolves did not forgive so easily as I. Not long after I had left the camp, they attacked it, killing both my parents. With the ability of mind speech, I realized what they planned to do before it happened, but the warning was not soon enough, and I ran back to the camp just in time to witness my parents’ deaths.
“After that I never forgave those wolves for what they did. They stole me of my childhood and my parents. I ran deep into the woods that night and hid from the creatures as they searched for me. They called my name, telling me to come to them and they would care for me and make a better life for me than my parents could’ve ever given, but I never answered to those calls. From then on I made a promise to myself to never again associate with wolves.”
”And yet here you are, telling this story to me, a wolf,” Dia said.
Raye smiled grimly. “I know,” she said. “Ironic, isn’t it?”
Dimithil gave a large frown. “Wait,” he said. “You’ve explained why you dislike wolves, but what about Tallin? You are no different than her.”
"No Dimithil," the woman responded. “We both have the same gift, but that’s the only way we are alike. Tallin is different than I. She is who knows how old and is still ignorant of those who surround her. She is a mistaken elf who believes wolves can be trusted.”
”Perhaps you are the one that is mistaken, Raye,” Dia said. “You should not judge us like that. You were young when that happened.”
“And I am still young!” Raye snapped. “But that does not matter. That incident occurred only eleven years ago. I remember it as if it were yesterday.” She lowered her voice. “I know what I saw. Those wolves betrayed me. You cannot expect me to trust you or Jet after what happened; even if you took no part in it.”
“I’m still debating whether I should believe you, Raye,” Dimithil said, shaking his head. “You have fooled others many times. Why should I believe you?”
“Why would I make up a story like that?” Raye asked. “You should be satisfied that I told you this, as I have told no one before; not even Berethion.”
“You do realize you’ve become like the wolves you have described, don’t you?” the elf pressed. “A merciless killer.”
Raye lowered her head. “I know. But the wolves aren’t the reason for who I’ve become. That…is a different story.”
Dimithil looked at Raye curiously, but said nothing.

After several minutes of silence, Dia suddenly sat up.
”We have to go back to the cave,” she told Raye.
“I know,” Raye nodded, who had heard Dia’s conversation with Tallin. She looked over at Dimithil. “They have found Arrelle,” she said to him. “We are to go back to the cave.”
Dimithil nodded as he stood up slowly. Then, to Raye’s surprise, he reached out his hand and lifted her back on her feet as well. The woman clutched her side as the pain returned.
“Do you think you can make it back?” he asked.
Raye looked at him, raising her eyebrow. “Is there another option?”
Dimithil shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I suppose I could carry you.”
Raye shook her head in response. “No one carries me without a fight.”
“Well then, I don’t really feel like putting up a fight at the moment.”
“Good. Neither do I. Let’s go.”
And so the two, woman and elf, walked slowly, side-by-side in the direction they had come from with the wolf, Dia, in the lead.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #117
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Arrelle slipped in and out of conciousness, almost carried between Hwesta and Tallin. Tallin was cursing her good nature and broadcasting it to the world; the elf was heavier than she looked, and was practically a dead weight. Jet was getting fed up and so, no doubt was Raye, but Tallin was taking the view that if she was fed up, they could all be fed up as well.

They stumbled for the umpteenth time and Hwesta almost fell. Tallin caught her arm, behind Arrelles back, but too late and they both fell in a heap. Tallin couldnt help laughing and soon Hwesta started as well. Jet looked at the pile, sighed and sat down heavily.4

"Oh brilliant." He muttered, but loud enough for Tallin to hear. She mock glared at him before bursting out laughing again. It felt good to laugh after so much sobriety.

They stopped after a minute and Hwesta sighed. "It does feel good to laugh."
"You took the words right out of my mouth."
"Hmmm. Its just...I feel so..." Hwesta stopped, sighing, her smile fading. Tallin knew what she meant.

"Berethion." She said the word softly. His sister nodded.

"I was so much closer to him than to my other brothers, to any man, to anyone. And now..." She swallowed and looked away. Tallin placed a hand on her hand and smiled at her.

"Aye. Me too. I never knew anyone as well as I knew your brother. The time I spent with him seemed so short..." She took a deep breath, forcing the tears back. "I found him in trouble in Mirkwood one winter, a...a couple of years ago." She shrugged as if it didnt matter about the date, as if it didnt matter that she knew exactly how long it had been. Exactly how many decades and years. "He was being worried by a few wolves, almost starving in the harsh winter. Looking back, I dont know who was actually starving more, the wolves or your brother." She smiled at Hwesta and the girl smiled back through her tears. "With the help of my own wolves, I managed to get rid of the troublesome wolves. Im not entirely sure if Berethion was completely happy about this- he said it was wrong that an elf maiden had saved him. He was too weak to argue with me, so I was able to take him home. He was practically collapsing, so I just looked after him for a while. After that he stayed with me for a while again, until the end of the summer. We travelled around Mirkwood and the surrounding areas, and went to one of the human cities as well, Gondor, a place I hadn’t even heard much about from the thoughts of my wolves.”

“You pick up thoughts from them about places? Had they been?” Hwestas curiousity prompted her to ask.

“Nay, they hadn’t been. They are not much older than me- true wolves live long. Their memories work differently from ours; they pass their memories onto their young. That was why Dia and Jet were so reluctant to go to the Shadowmountains; the night elves have no fondness for wolves, a reason to dislike me as well. The same reason Raye has, I wager. She doesn’t like me because I am so close to wolves, yet…yet she can also talk to them.” She paused for a moment, musing on why exactly Raye did hate her so much when they shared their gift. “But I will tell you this…your brother had a closer link with my wolves that any who do not possess the gift of speaking to them with the mind. I think if he had wanted to, he would have been able to do that as well.”

“Do you think I would also?” Hwesta seemed to be trying to joke, but Tallin looked at her seriously, a slight smile on her face. “Maybe.” She said thoughtfully. “Maybe.”

Hwesta smiled at the other elf and squeezed her hand. They had both got their thoughts out and felt better, and easier with each other for doing so. Tallin stood and pulled the younger elf to her feet. Between them they pulled up Hwesta and got back to the cave, at almost the same time as Dimithil, Raye and Dia.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:51 PM   #118
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil walked along Corrowyn and tried to withstand himself from trowing the girl on his shoulders. Being held captive had not been good for her health and that fight shurely had not improved it. He could see her suffer and started to feel sorry that he did not believed her earlier. Maybe she WAS trying to be Corrowin. All she had to do was lose that cursed pride. But for some reason he had to know.

"Wait up Corrowin." Dimithil said, evading a harsh look.

"Why did you become a killer. You said it was a different story. Now that you are so kind to share, wouldn't it be better to trow it all out?" Dimithil said kindly.
________
Extreme Q

Old 03-05-2003, 12:16 AM   #119
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye turned her head at Dimithil and stared at him. Was he actually trying to be nice to her? It was hard to believe, but the elf no longer looked at her with anger. Instead, he looked at her with curiosity and interest. Raye smiled at this. Obviously, she was not the only one who had changed of opinion.
Still, she hesitated before answering Dimithil’s question. The only other who knew why Raye had become a murderess was Berethion. And now he was dead.
In the end, Raye decided to tell Dimithil because for one, she had already told one secret of her past and to her it didn’t really matter if he heard another. And two, talking to Dimithil would help Raye take her mind off the pain, which now seared throughout her entire body.
She turned her head to Dia who was walking several feet ahead. If the wolf had anything to say, she didn’t say it. Raye turned back to Dimithil and nodded.
“Alright,” she said. “I will tell you why I am who I am as I believe you deserve to know.”
Dimithil nodded back at the woman, his eyes intent on her.

“As I told you before, the wolves were not the ones responsible for making me a murderess,” she began. “It was the people. I was young and homeless, and where I wandered were not friendly places. Where I wandered, no children and few women dwelled. The men were drunk and stupid. And they were never kind to some girl like me. I knew a little about hunting, but not nearly enough to survive. So I had to spend much of my time in small settlements where I learned to rely on stealing. At first, I hated to steal, but I quickly I learned that it was my only way to survive and I did it regularly. I became quite good at it and was not once caught…well, except for when I tried to steal Arrelle’s horse, but that’s a different story.
“The point is that I was hurt in my past. I was the only little girl these drunken fools ever saw and because I was different than anyone else, they took out all their drunken rage on me. These men would spit on me, curse at me; even physically attack me. I have the scars to prove it. It was because of me that there were less bar fights and less men killed. They picked on me because they knew I was too small and weak to fight back. Or so they thought.
“I was thirteen or so when I killed my first victim. The man was drunk; he had a few too many pints, and he wandered the roads aimlessly, looking for some ‘fun’ to do. That was when he found me, hidden off to the side of the road. I saw him come, and though I prayed he would not see me, I knew he already had. I expected him to come and say something vulgar, but instead the fool pulled a knife. Men had hit me several times before, sometimes even knocking me unconscious, but never before had one attempted to pull a knife. I knew that he was going to try to kill me and I knew I would have to fight back this time. It’s hard to say what happened next. One moment the man was walking towards me, the knife in his hand, the next moment he was dead with the knife jammed in his throat. I had killed the man and I realized that I was not as helpless as I had thought.
“I taught myself self defense and improved my fighting skills. Any man who would try to hurt me was a dead man. They quickly learned that I wasn’t so helpless and I was best off to be left alone. But I did not stop killing. By then I feared people and anyone who would approach me, whether it was to hurt me or not, I killed. It didn’t matter whether it was male or female, human or elf; I struck them down. Soon many learned to avoid me, and I was free to be left alone. But my hunger to avenge my past only grew.
“I began to find my own victims to murder and did it only for my own pleasure. Killing another boosted my self-esteem and told me that I was not completely helpless. I guess you could say that it became an addiction. Murder was something I did so regularly, I probably did it in my sleep. I hardly even looked at my victims. I did not care about their life; I only cared for their death."

“To tell the truth, I still do not care for my victims’ lives,” Raye finished.
“You don’t?” Dimithil repeated.
Raye gave a rueful smile. “I know it may sound strange,” she said. “But how can I feel sorry for my victims? Death is not so bad when you think about it and I made sure not to let my victims suffer. I’m not that cruel, you know. What ails me now is something I did not realize until after Berethion died. For every victim I killed, a loved one of that victim suffers. For every victim I killed, ten more suffer. For my own pleasure, I caused grief. And now that I myself have experienced this grief, I feel terrible. I killed who knows how many and never once realized what I was really doing. I hate myself for what I have done. And what I hate even more is the fact I can’t change it.”
“Don’t hate yourself, Corrowyn,” the elf told Raye. “What you did was wrong, but you’re right; you can’t erase your past. You must learn to forgive yourself. You have been given a second chance to life. Use it wisely.”
Raye shook her head. “I don’t know how, Dimithil. I don’t know how to live like you do. I don’t want to kill again. Honest. But I fear a repetition of my past. I don’t think I could bear that to happen.”
“Your past won’t be repeated,” Dimithil said. “Not if you don’t let it. Defend yourself if you must, but do not kill another needlessly.” The elf smiled. “And Corrowyn, I know you are not helpless. You proved that a long time ago.”
Raye smiled back at him and their eyes met.
“You keep calling me Corrowyn,” she said.
“I’m sorry. Do you still want me to call you Raye?” Dimithil responded rather bitterly.
Raye ignored his question. “You told me that my name, Raye, was nothing but a name I gave to my victims,” she continued. “But the name has stuck with me all these years. Should I really drop it? Do I really deserve a name like Corrowyn?”
“I think that if there is any name you don’t deserve, it’s Raye.” Dimithil shrugged his shoulders. “But that’s just my opinion. You may call yourself by whatever name you like.”
Raye closed her eyes to think on this, no longer watching where she stepped.
“Corrowyn,” she whispered to herself, almost smiling.
It was that moment when Corrowyn tripped over herself and stumbled. Dimithil managed to catch her just before she hit the ground. Corrowyn groaned in pain, her eyes still shut. She didn’t bother to remove herself from the elf’s arms. She no longer had the strength to.
“I’m not sure I can go on,” she mumbled, her voice barely audible.
“Well, you needn’t worry about that,” Dia responded somewhere behind the woman. “We’re already here.”
Corrowyn opened her eyes to find herself back at the entrance of the caves, and the foul stench returned to her.
At the same moment, Tallin, Belle, Hwesta, Arrelle, and Jet approached them.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:41 PM   #120
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimithil did not care how they encountered. He was tired. He wanted to rest. He sat himself down and refused to move. The group pitched camp a little further and treated Arelle. Corrowyn came to Dimithil and sat down.

"Why are you nice to me? You where not so nice in the past." She asked.

"You have changed. Not only have you devided yourself of Raye, but you have realized the grief you have coused. That is not something to look over." Dimithil said back smiling.

Corrowyn looked into the nothingness for a while. Deep in thoughts she looked like she was drifting away from the world. Dimithil had a little time to consider what he was thinking about. He remembered the words of Corrowin clearly.I don?t know how, Dimithil. I don?t know how to live like you do. It was a hard decision. Dimithil feared that his sister would not like it, but he had to ask it.

"Corrowyn?" Dimithil asked carefully.

"Yes?" Corrowyn replied.

"You say you can't live a life like me. Let me help you with it. You have tried to come and rescue me. You did not want to, but that is not the point. Why don't you come with me when this is over? Life with me for a while? Well, what do you say?" Dimithil said.
________
HERBAL VAPORIZER FORUM