Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2002, 10:04 PM   #81
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Stacey is about to leave the room, when another bottle catches her eye. She takes it down. Its is filled with about 12 ounces of a pinkish liquid, and is labeled, "mirth".

Stacey: Sam could definitely use some of this.

She takes a bottle in each hand and heads out the door, which closes slowly behind her.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-07-2002, 10:30 PM   #82
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo held onto Sam with his head on Sam's shoulder and wept himself
Old 06-07-2002, 10:35 PM   #83
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey came up the steps onto the deck. Seeing the two hobbits, she could not help but let a tear come to her eye herself.

Stacey: Aww. Those poor things. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Primrose comes over from where she herself had been exploring. Seeing her father and "uncle", she starts to go forward, but Stacey holds a hand out and shakes her head.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-08-2002, 01:22 AM   #84
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio watched as Rose and Child went below deck. She wanted to go with them, but she knew she'd better not. Her presence might compromise anything of interest that they might find.

Her thoughts were out of control at the moment, stuck on this ship with probably the mightiest Sindar this side of the Sundering Seas. 'Probably? the mightiest - no, THE mightiest.' she sighed to herself. 'I am going to have to walk the very straight and narrow from here to Aman!'

She peered toward the West as if her eyes might gauge the distance. 'It's going to be a long trip.' she thought.

Turning back toward the bow of the ship, she looked up and saw Cirdan smiling at her.

'A very, very long trip!' she thought.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:29 AM   #85
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Just as Rose was about ready to push open the door, she stopped.

She turned around and looked at Child.

Now Child was extremely curious about what was behind that door, but she wasn't sure whether or not Rose wanted her there at this exact moment. In any case, she had something puzzling which she needed to show to Rose.

"Rose, take a look at this," she said. "Remember, this was the letter addressed to Samwise which I never gave him"

Now Child looked down at her big furry toes and seemed a bit embarassed. She continued, "Well, the edge of this envelope was open just a little bit and my finger happened to catch on it, and somehow it came open. Now, I don't usually read other people's mail, but something in there caught my eye. Here, you read it:

Dear Master Samwise,

It has come to our attention that you and Master Baggins are currently residents of the Barrow-downs. It has also come to our attention that, within the Barrow-downs, reside a number of Elves.

As you well know, all Elves were supposed to leave Middle-earth at the end of the Third Age. Those left were required to shrink, diminish, and be forgotten.

We have carefully looked at a number of the Elves in the Barrow-downs, among them Piosenniel and Veritatis, and it does not appear that they are shrinking or diminishing. In fact they seem quite healthy.

We therefore request that you give this missive to the Barrow-wight or his chief assistant Mithadan. We require that all Elves currently in the Downs, but especially Pio and Veritatis and the others who will wander onto this vessel and who are of an ancient age, be required to come and live in Elvenhome in perpetuity. I repeat, they will not be permitted to leave the shores of the West once they have arrived.

We are calling upon you and Frodo as the chief of the Elf-friends to help enforce this rule. As you know, this is a very strict requirement which was put down by Eru and enforced by his chief agents Manwe and Namo.

Sincerely,

The Official Council of the Valar

Child glanced at Rose: "What should I do with this? And Rose, maybe I hallucinated this,but didn't you once tell me you were part Elf?
Old 06-08-2002, 12:09 PM   #86
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Up on deck, Stacey and Prim stood until Sam and Frodo cried themselves to sleep. It wasn't until then that she and Primrose went forward and made both of them comfortable on the pillows that laid on the deck.

Stacey put the bottles down.
Stacey: These can wait until later.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:46 PM   #87
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No one noticed I died? Or is it just you don't care? Com'on! I was doing you people a favor! I was drinking everything before anyone else could get drunk! I was doing a public service!
Old 06-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #88
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After Veritas was 'lead' to the ship by her curiousity, she sank into a great sleep, and she dreamed:

'Veritas was walking over the water, over the sea, because she didn't see the end of the water. "How strange, nobody can walk over water," She thought, and sank under water.

It was very beautiful there, with flowers and and fish, and it all was so close. She sank to the bodem of the sea and began to walk, she walked for hours and hours, and then she reached land.

She came to a beach, with palmtrees and white sand, an azul sea and a sun shining bright.'

And then she woke up... Lying down on the ship. Where had she been in her dream, she thought, could it be, no it couldn't... Maybe that were the Undying Lands...
Old 06-08-2002, 01:58 PM   #89
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sam was dreaming again, although this time the dream wasn't bad.
He and Mister Frodo were walking along a beach together, and his heart felt light. Somehow, he knew they were safe.
He murmured, "Thank you, Lord, for bringing us here..."

He looked out at the blue water, the waves gently going in and out on the shore.

He woke up slowly. The boat was gently rocking. He was lying on a little bed of pillows, and Frodo was asleep beside him.

Sam sighed contentedly.

Stacey, who was standing at the rail, heard him and turned.

Stacey: Sam! You're awake! I hope you rested well.

The little hobbit nodded. "I did." he looked around. "Where is everyone?"

Stacey: Well, Rose and Child went below deck some time ago. Probably exploring for something to do. Your daughter found a rope and tied it to one of her arrows *snickers* and is trying to shoot fish. Poor thing's bored out of her skull. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sam chuckled himself. "I'm sure she is."

He glanced to the side as something caught his eye. Two bottles, one with a clear liquid and one with pink, sat by the cabin wall.

Sam: What're those?

Stacey: Oh.

She went and picked up the bottles, then brought them over to Sam and kneeled in front of him.

Stacey: I found these in a room down below. There were a zillion of these bottles, all of them with a different label on them.

Sam took the bottle with the pink liquid in it.

Sam: Mirth, eh?

Stacey: I was thinking of you and Frodo.

She showed him the other bottle, labeled 'Joy'.

Sam: I wonder, are you supposed to drink them straight or make stew with 'em, or what?

Stacey grinned. "You would think of something like that. "

Sam uncorked the "Mirth" bottle and sniffed the top. "Hm. Smells kinda sweet. I'm feeling a bit better now, though--he glanced down at Frodo--but for a while I couldn't get th' thoughts that this was all my fault outta my head.

Stacey: Sam, it was hardly your fault that you got kidnapped by Orcs.

Sam: Well, maybe not, Miss Stacey, but if I hadn't, Mister Frodo wouldn't have come and rescued me, and he wouldn't have aggravated the hurts he already had, much less get more....

Stacey: AGH... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sam, I think you'd better take some of that 'Mirth' before you go on a guilt trip again.

Sam: Maybe...

He tipped the bottle to his lips and drank a bit. It was sweet, like it smelled, and it left a slight tingly sensation on his tounge and down his throat.

Sam: Hm...

Stacey: Well?

Sam: well, I don't feel sick or nothin'--

Just then the boat hit a swell and lurched. Stacey fell on her side, and Sam went backward. Looking over, Stacey saw the mouth of the bottle meet Sam's, and within seconds it's contents were drained.

When the boat righted, Stacey got up and hurried over to where Sam lay. Frodo slept on, undaunted.

Stacey: Sam, are you okay?

Sam sat up slowly. "Yes, yes, Miss Stacey, I am. " he held his stomach and looked at the bottle in his hand. "Oh my, I've done drunk it all, haven't I?"

Stacey: [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hope it dosen't hurt you. "

Sam shook his head. "Now Miss Stacey, I don't think anything on an Elf ship would..."
He stopped and held his stomach.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:26 PM   #90
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey rushed over to where the little Hobbit sat. "Sam? What is it?"

Sam held his stomach and shivered. "No-nothin' bad--just kind of a--kind of a tingly feelin."

The corners of his mouth twitched, and he snickered.

Stacey: Oh, great. What now?

Sam's snickering turned into a chuckle.

Sam: M-Miss Stacey--giggle--I--teehee--I can't--

He held his sides and bowed over in helpless laughter.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:44 PM   #91
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cirdan strode down the deck and passed the elf who had resumed her west-gazing. He noticed the swinging door to the below-deck area had been pushed open and it aroused his suspicions. 'Confounded Hobbits!', he thought to himself. 'What are they up to!'

For such an imposing elf, he slipped down the stairs quite quietly.

Pio took this opportunity to sprint up toward the Wheel for a little look about. She had never actually been on a ship and wanted to study the mechanics of how it worked.

She stood in front of the Great Wheel and placed her hands on it. A wondrous thrum of power communicated itself to her.

A small box with a clear crystal covering caught her eye just to the left of the Wheel. Taking her hands from the Wheel, she leaned closer to it and saw a curious site - there was a bright silver bar running the length of the box's interior with an indefinite number of deep indentations in it. In the seventh of the indentations was set a brilliant, clear, white gem, pulsing like a small star.

Her hand reached for the cover of the box, but quickly withdrew as she heard a loud voice booming beneath her.

'HOBBITS!!! Show yourselves!!!!!'
Old 06-08-2002, 03:53 PM   #92
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey just stood there, not knowing what to do. Poor Sam was rolling on the deck now, completely helpless with laughter.
Sam: *gasps* M-Miss Stacey--ha, ha,ha--m-make it stop! *gasp* P-please!
Stacey watched her little friend's face turn red. Oh man.... Somebody! HELP!!
Old 06-08-2002, 04:45 PM   #93
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

OOC: Gimli: 1: kind of hard to notice when we're on a ship far away from you and 2: if you hurry, I snuck some kegs of ale onto the boat, so SWIM! SWIM LIKE THE...wind???

Menelduliniel wanders around the boat, trying to be useful.

"Where are my skills needed, as a healer, fighter, or sailor?" Menelduliniel asks, "Anyone?"

She wanders around the boat, restless and waiting for her help to be needed...
Old 06-08-2002, 05:11 PM   #94
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey can only watch as Sam rolls on the deck, helplessly giggling. Looking over her shoulder, she sees that Frodo is still sound asleep.
Stacey: Agh, I got the stuff to make him like this, so I guess I'd better fix it!
Old 06-08-2002, 05:20 PM   #95
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel looks at Samwise:

"What can I do to help in anything? I can heal...I can do what you refer to as 'magic'..."
Old 06-08-2002, 05:30 PM   #96
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo sits up with a very disepleased and still half asleep face. He bops Sam over the head with his pillow

"SAM!!! Do you MIND?? I am TRYING to sleep!"
Old 06-08-2002, 06:00 PM   #97
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: *Giggling* S-sorry, Mister Frodo....*bursts out laughing again*

Stacey: Aw, Frodo, WAKE UP!! *Turns to Vanima:* I found a room downstairs full of these bottles, and one of them was labeled 'Mirth'. I took it, thinking of Frodo *glares at him--how could he sleep??* and Sam, since they've kind of been depressed lately, and....well, the ship rocked and Sam wound up pouring the whole bottle down his throat, and now he's laughing and he can't stop!!
Old 06-08-2002, 06:18 PM   #98
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

*Sam is beating his fists on the deck, screaming with laughter. Tears are pouring out his eyes.*
Sam: Oh! Haahahahaha--h-help!! I don't know how much--heeheeheeheehee-h-how much more I can take--take of this!!
Old 06-08-2002, 07:04 PM   #99
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Somehow Rose and Child managed to miss seeing Stacy and went into the room she was just in they were debating about the letter to Sam.

"I don't like the sound of it." Rose said. "I think that once your dead you should beable to go where you please. And yes, my great grandmother was an elf (I made that up)." They started to look around the room when Child stopped and cried,

"Listen, someone's coming." they hid behind some boxes. Someone outside the door shouted,

"Hobbits! Show yourselves." Rose went rigid with fear. It was the elf caption. She decided there and then that even though she didn't know why, she was terrified of the bearded elf.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:01 PM   #100
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was even more displeased than before.

"Samwise Gamgee!! If you do not cease this minute...."
Old 06-08-2002, 08:21 PM   #101
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Rose and Child hid behind the barrels. It was good they were so short. They held their breath and didn't speak a word.

They were so afraid that Cirdan would find them, but then unexpectedly the captain quickly closed the door. Rose and Child listened carefully. They heard something about "missing bottles" and "Mr. Samwise being in a very bad way."

They also heard Cirdan mutter: "It's those crazy hobbits. They stuck in and stole the bottles. I should never have agreed to take them on board, dead or not!!"

Child scratched her head and looked at Rose: "Did you steal any bottles? I know I didn't. I only used the bottles of polish to shine the railings, but the Elf told me to do that."

Rose groaned: "We're about to be blamed for something we didn't even do. I hope whoever did this is honest enough to admit it, or we may be in very big trouble."

Child sighed: "Something else bothers me. I'm worried about Sam. What has happened to him? To tell the truth, I always rely on him to be responsible and to keep Mr. Frodo's head tied to this earth. Sometimes, I feel I can act crazy just because I know Sam is there, and he'll pull me back if I get too far out. He has always done that for the other hobbits in the Shire."

Child glanced again at the official letter. "I was going to show this letter to Sam and ask him what we could do to help the Elves so they wouldn't have to leave the Barrow-downs. It just doesn't seem fair. I feel we are in way above our heads. I like a little fun, but I can't imagine going up to the Council of the Valar and arguing for the Elves. Now, Mr. Sam and Mr. Frodo would have the knowledge and standing to do that."

She continued: "But now Sam is ill, so he can't even help us. And there is something else I fear. And it's not the Valar themselves. What if the Elves, our barrow-Downs Elves, feel the wind blowing from Elvenhome and smell the salt in the air and see the glow of the light, and they just forget about us and their real homes."

Child looked down at the floor and felt sad. It's true she got irritated at the Elves sometime, since they had such strange ways. But she could not imagine living without Pio's beautiful words or Ver's tremendous imagination or any of the other Elves. She knew her life would be emptier without them being in it..

And she couldn't imagine what Mr. Frodo would do if the Elves left the Downs. He had such a mystical thing about Elves. Sometimes Child thought he must have been part Elf himself. Maybe Frodo would even decide to stay in the West. He had tried that once before.

And if Frodo left, Master Samwise would probably be close behind. And then.......Child stopped, then Rose, her dear friend Rose, would have to go too.

Child was feeling increasingly depressed. She wished Birdie were here to discuss this mess. Maybe Sam would get better soon and then she could bring him the letter and he could tell them all what to do.

"Er, Rose, I know you like to be independent, but don't you think you better go check on Sam?"
Old 06-08-2002, 08:30 PM   #102
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey is getting a tad upset. *Frodo! Read the above posts!!*
Where did Vanima go? Maybe she left 'cause I called her by the wrong name....

Sam: S-sorry, ss-sir, I can't!!!!

Stacey: [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Okay, Sam *she kneels next him* I'm going to find something to fix this. *glances at Frodo*
She goes to a rope hanging on the cabin wall. Lifting the wriggling Sam, she sits him down and ties him to the ship's mast.Frodo, as much as I respect you, I'd like to smack you right now...... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Okay, Sam. I'm going below to find something to fix this. This is just to keep you from rolling off the ship, okay?

Sam can only nod. His face is beet red and tear streaked.

With that she runs through the door and back to the hold of the ship.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:08 PM   #103
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"I would go check on Sam but, I don't want to go out there with that elf looking for us."

"It's alright." Child whispered back."He's left. Here, let's go back up."

But as they walked out the door they ran straight into Stacy who was rushing down the hall.

"Slow down a sec!" called Child in suprise. "Stacy what's going on?"

She told them about Sam.

"Sam!" and Rose ran off towards the stair.

"Come on, I'll help you look for somthing." said Child and they went back into the room with the bottles.

What they didn't know was that Cirdan was listening from one of the side rooms.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #104
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Before Rose could reach the stair Cirdan grabbed her by the back of her dress and put his hand over her mouth so she wouldn't screem from suprise. He took his hand away and turned her around.

"What is going on?" he asked her.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #105
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

"Rrr...I can't believe myself!" Stacey said as she looked at the bottles. "Stupid! Now Sam's up there laughing himself to death and it's my fault! "
She looked at the others. "Which one do you think will help? "
Old 06-08-2002, 09:14 PM   #106
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Wait a sec....where'd Rose go?
Old 06-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #107
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo hung his head

"I'm sorry, and don't smack me. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I don't know waht came over me. *sniff* I gues I am still depressed."
Old 06-08-2002, 09:54 PM   #108
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: OOC: It's okay, Frodo, it's just that it's Sam for goodness' sake....
Old 06-08-2002, 10:00 PM   #109
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam sits tied to the mast, still giggling. It's beginning to hurt.
Sam: *Glancing through tear-filled eyes at his friend* Oh--gasp--M-mister Frodo??
He gasps, then starts giggling again.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:27 PM   #110
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Faced with 22 shelves of bottles, Child was having second thoughts. She looked at Stacey and shook her head. "Do you really think we should be stealing one of these bottles?"

Stacey glared at her in disbelief, "You were one of that gang who wanted to steal the REG and hold it for ransom. How could you possibly question my efforts to help Sam?"

Child grimaced: "I'm not questioning your efforts. I have no problem with a bit of burglary. We hobbits are quite good at that. Even Frodo, though he doesn't always admit it. Just get him to talk to you about his techniques for stealing mushrooms."

Child continued: " It's not the "borrowing" I'm concerned about. We just don't seem to have the skill or knowledge to use these bottles the way they're supposed to be used."

Cirdan's angry visage suddenly broke into the room, "If I were either of you, I would take your hands off that bottle. I've never had this kind of mischief on my ship before. No, I take that back. There was that time I had a very full ship, and that crazy horse Shadowfax got loose. But at least Gandalf was able to bring him under control."

Cirdan continued: "Now, to tell the truth, I was ready to throw you two hobbits and this woman into one of the brigs under the deck, but there is one Elf on board who has as contrary opinion. That Elf resides in the West, but he had received special permission to attend a birthday party of some sort and was now returning to his residence on Elvenhome. He claims you helped him escape from some very frenzied and crazed female persons who ran after him at this party. So he is willing to speak up on your behalf."

"Moreover, this Elf has acquired skills in healing, and is an old friend of both Samwise and Frodo. It may be that he is willing to come to the aid of these two valiant Ringbearers. And it appears that, at least for now, you Child, and Stacey and Rose have escaped from the brig."

Rose glanced at Child and whispered a single name under her breath: "Legolas!"

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-09-2002, 04:27 AM   #111
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When Cirdan mentioned 'the brig' Rose gasped, horrified but now she was calming down. She knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Where is THIS ELF now?" Rose said half mokingly. But when Cirdan turned to answer her Rose dropped her playfull manner.

"On the Deck."

The three girls went swiftly past him and up into the air. Sitting beside Sam, trying to heal him was Legolas. Menelduliniel was hovering around Legolas, helping out when nessesary.

Rose quickly ran to Sam's side.

"Oh dear Sam. Thank you very much, Legolas."

"Ya" Said Child, "We were going to be thrown in the brig."

"It's the least I can do after you helped me with those fangirls." He replyed.

"Will Sam be alright?" Frodo pleaded.

"Of course. This hobbit's been through much worse than laughing fits. There's nothing to worry about."
Old 06-09-2002, 04:59 AM   #112
Veritas
Wight

Sting

Still confuzzeld about the dreams she had, Veritas looks around and sees that on the deck a lot of people are bussy, Menelduliniel is with Legolas and others are walking around.

Did nobody notice her? Well that was possible, she was fallen asleep behind some barrels and ropes. She looked out over the water and felt a big loning for the Undying lands, she had read a lot about it, would the Valar be just as she imagened?

But wait, what if she didn't had the right to come with them, would she be send back, or worse, be killed? What am I going to do.

Veritas was in panic, she wanted to stand up and walk towards the others, but she didn't dare. There had to be a way to come there without noticing.

She moved the barrels to bould a little hiding place.

This is ridiculus! Why has it to be like this? The Valar are so mighty, I can't hide for them? Maybe I just have to tell them that I was fallen asleep on the boat, and...

Alright, gether all your mood and step to Cirdan or the others, said Veritas in herself and stood up, walking to the other people...
Old 06-09-2002, 06:01 AM   #113
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose looked up from Sam and saw Veritas walking towards them.

"Hullo, Veritas!" she said. "So you've come on this little expedition too?" (ooc:where is that line from?)

"What's wrong?" qustioned Child as she caught the look on Veritas' face.
Old 06-09-2002, 06:09 AM   #114
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie comes strolling back across the Pellenor Fields, after spending a lovely day in bed catching up on her sleep, then checking her e-mail, paying some bills and putzing in the garden. She was now ready for a bit more feasting and merriment at the Never-Ending Birthday Party, now that the excitement seems to have died down.

She noticed the mighty Elven vessel still tied to the riverside quay. "What's that thing still doing here? Gee, you mention one little thing from the Canon around here, and then you're stuck with it. Nice prop, though. Really adds an air of class to the place, what with all the rustic tables, ale barrels, greenery, and the other Hobbitity stuff they usually buy to decorate the place."

Birdie strolled closer to the ship. Suddenly she heard screams of raucous laughter coming from the deck. "That sounds like Sam. Boy, he hasn't laughed like that since Will Whitfoot got dusted at the Delving. 'Bout time he found his sense of humor again. I was beginning to worry about him. He was becoming soooo broody! Think I'll give him a little surprise."

Birdie morphs into her carrion crow character and flies up to the little railed platform at the top of the mast. She peers down upon the deck, where Frodo, Primrose, and Stacy are gathered around Sam. Sam seems to be the only one laughing, though.

"Hey!" yells Birdie, raising her wings and waving them over her head. "I'm in the crow's nest! Get it? 'CROW'S NEST'?"

Sam look up wide-eyed and gasping. Then he immediately bursts into another fit of loud, braying laughter, rolling on the deck and kicking his heels. The others begin to wring their hands and shake their heads worriedly.

"Well, gee, Sam", says Birdie, "it wasn't that funny. More of a 'groaner', than a belly laugh. Soooo, what's so funny, everybody? C'mon, let me in on it."

Sam continues to laugh, wheezing in between. His face is turning an unhealthy shade of purple, and his eyes are bulging in an alarming way. Primrose bends down and seem to check his pulse.

"Fine!" Birdie sulks, "Don't tell me." Birdie gazes around her, enjoying the view from the top of the Elven mast.

"Hey, you can see my house from here!"

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 06-09-2002, 07:03 AM   #115
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen woke up, and rubbed her eyes a little dazedly. the last thing she remebered was that she had been following Veritas, and had come on to this ship, and that Rosseil had snuck on behind her. Celeaewen decided that the best thing to do would be to find Rosseil, and thento business.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:12 AM   #116
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child was still puzzled by the look on Veritas' face. But it appeared she was not going to get any immediate answers or explanations.

Most of her friends were gathered around Legolas as he began to administer healing to Samwise. Things seemed to be going quite well until Birdland turned up and again had Sam rolling with laughter.

Legolas looked grave and shook his head in the direction of the large bird in the mast.

Child, however, was extremely glad to see Bird. She looked quite relaxed and rejuvenated. Child vowed to corner Bird the first minute she could in order to show her the strange missive concerning the Barrow-downs Elves.

Meanwhile, Child had carefully scoured the entire ship. She wrote down the information she needed and posted her list onto the main masthead. This notice read as follows:

A List of All Elves from the Barrowdowns Known to be on Board this Ship:

Veritas
Piosenniel
Meneldulinier
Celeaewen
Rosseliantiel
Legolas (Honorary Barrowdowns resident)

A List of All Persons of Uncertain Heritage Who May or May Not Have One of More Elves on their Family Tree (i.e. one of the Took relations):

Frodo Baggins
Rose Cotton

If you feel your name has been added to this list in error, please inform Child immediately so appropriate corrections may be made. Conversely, if your name should be added here, please indicate by signing the list.

The above persons should be on the lookout for any strange symptoms during this voyage, indicating you may be "unwell", e.g., have dreams and visions of the Sea, have an uncontrollable urge to read travel books about the Blessed Lands, have a sudden compusion to sell your existing home in the Barrowdowns and invest in new property across the Sea. Please report such symptoms immediately to Child.

Child looked at the petition she had posted. As soon as Samwise was feeling better and she could talk to him, she would scratch out her own name and insert that of Sam, since he was undoubtedly better qualified in such things.

Suddenly, the ship gave a lurch. They had finally thrown off the moorings and were heading steadily toward the distant sea.

Child was surprised to find that she was terribly excited and full of desire to reach their destination. How very strange, she thought.

Now that Bird was on board, Anagara had also decided to come along. She flew some steps ahead of the vessel. Child shook her head in puzzlement. It was clear that Angara knew exactly where they were going.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:56 AM   #117
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Legolas the Drop-Dead Gorgeous Silvan Elf had been called to the scene to treat the mirth-ridden Samwise. The Wiley Wood-Elf had little faith in Cirdan's collection of bottles and potents belowdeck, since he had a decidedly Third-Age distrust in Western medicine.

Legolas believed in a more holistic approach to healing. To cure mirth you treated it with small doses (very small doses) of mirth. So Legolas pulled an extremely thin pamphlet out of his backpack, titled "Humor of the Eldar" and proceeded to read over the body of the prostrate halfling.

"How many Elves does it take to change a Simaril?" This question was followed by a two-page monograph discussing the various possibilities, depending on the age of the elves in question, their linage, gender, and whether they were present at the fall of Numenor, and lots of names, names, names. It was, in short, a real party-killer of a joke.

It seemed to be working. Sam had now reached the point where he was merely chuckling politely at the various obscure references, and was trying to crawl away without offence, when he suddenly saw the frantically waving Birdie up in the crow's nest. Seeking any way to change the subject, Samwise pointed aloft and immediately relapsed into a state of helpless, life-threatening mirth.

Legolas looked aloft and spied the black and white, feathered distraction. Wrinkling his nose in distaste, he muttered "Crebains. I hate Crebains!" In one fluid movement he pulled a blue and silver arrow from his quiver, nocked it to the bowstring, and let fly.

PFFFFSSSST! THUD!

Birdie pitched forward off the crow's nest, and plunged headlong towards the deck of the rolling ship.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:36 AM   #118
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child had been innocently posting her notice when she looked up at the overhead sky. She was watching her dragon soar overhead, but then looked back towards the upper portion of the mast as she heard an arrow swish through the air.

Child stared in disbelief. Legolas' arrow soared upward and came to rest in Birdie's breast. She fell with a horrifing thud.

Child screamed" "NO, NO, what have you done?"

A strange fury seized Child's mind. She raced towards Legolas and, with all her three feet, began furiously thumping on his chest. "I should have let the fangirls get you and tear you into tiny pieces."

Child was crying. Indeed, Child was hysterical. "What have you done? Birdland didn't know, she didn't know about Sam and what happened., she was only telling a joke. Birdland was just trying to be a friend to Sam. She didn't mean any harm."

"If you knew Birdie, you'd know she does this all the time."

She glared fiercely at Legolas, unmindful of her own safely, "But maybe you don't know about friendship. I should gut you with my knife."

Rose came and pulled Child back. "No, no..." Rose murmurred. "That won't solve anything." Rose hugged Child, and pulled her over to the side of the deck.

Stacey was examining the body of the fallen Birdland. "Look, she's still breathing. Maybe all is not lost."
Old 06-09-2002, 09:41 AM   #119
Veritas
Wight

Sting

"Why are you looking so strange?" Asked Rose.

Veritas sat down and sighed, why didn't she tell:

"Alright, I came on the ship and fall asleep, just like anyone else. And when i slept, I had a dream, a dream about the Undying Lands, at least I think it was. That's all, but has anyone ever seen the Undying Lands? I mean, what does it look like,is it warm, or temperate. i never thought about that kind of things, I assumed that it was a paradise. But now we are going to see it, I just wonder what it will like to be there..."

"So, when are we going?" Veritas asked totally cheered up.
Old 06-09-2002, 10:39 AM   #120
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Angara certainly did not consider Child to be her master and tended to go her own way whenever she desired. However, although Child was totally unaware of it, Anagara did keep a tiny portion of her mind tuned in to Child so she could tell when something was drastically wrong.

Apparently, now, something was drastically wrong. Angara felt alarm bells going off in her own head, and she sensed a single name spoken again and again, "Birdland."

Angara halted in mid-air and swung back towards the vessel. She shrank herself to a comfortable size to land on the deck and quickly did so. She came over to where the body of Birdland lay huddled and shuddering.

Stacey bent over Birdie now, as did Child. Rose had pulled back from the scene to speak with some of the other Elves who seemed strangely wrapped in their own dreams and musings.

Legolas looked truly contrite. He had merely thought the flying Birdland had evil intentions on Samwise. His intention had not been to strike down an innocent creature.

Angara lowered her green head to Birdland and slowly rubbed against her feathers.

It was strange how things that flew through the air seemed to know so much about each other. Sometimes the winged things were friends, and sometimes not. Once, a tiny bird Thrush had revealed her knowledge to another and had brought about the death of an evil dragon.

But Angara was not an evil dragon. She would probably not be considered good by human or Elf standards, but, by the standards of the dragons, she was very good indeed.

Angara's heart actually felt a shred of pity as she gazed at the flying thing which lay injured on the deck. To Angara, all flying things looked beautiful, whatever their outward appearance.

Angara opened her mouth and let out a puff. For one horrified second, Child thought the dragon was going to let loose a cloud of fire and incinerate them all. But instead of fire or smoke, a strange thing issued from the dragon's mouth. It was pink and puffy and smelled just wonderful.

Child stared in amazement. How talented Angara was! It looked like a silken cloud. But no, not a cloud. It looked instead like a shred of pink light, something that had broken off from the Silmarils and now floated above Birdland's head.

At the same time the dragon gently probed with her giant teeth and pulled Legolas' arrow from Bird's body.

In a single instant, the pink light disappeared. The flow of blood ceased, and Birdland softly stirred. Still dizzy and hurting but alive, Bird pulled her head upward and softly whispered, "Where, oh where, am I?"