Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2002, 11:11 PM   #41
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Off the story line----Well, I'm back!

Rose and others involved in this plot line--

I have been dealing all day with nasty machinery that breaks down. Down with machines! I usually don't post much Friday evening and Saturday morning and afternoon, but other than that I'm generally available, as the saying goes.

I hope Frodo feels better. He sounds miserable.

If you want to do the ship to the Undying Lands, I can give you a nice send off early tomorrow morning--a humorous mixup which ends up me thinking I'm giving you a nice present and you sure it's a not too gentle hint that everyone wants you to depart. Just make sure the boat remains docked till I get there. I won't post it till you or somebody tells me to go ahead.

Since we're all dead here already, I would think some of the restrictions on visiting Tol Eressea and Aman would not exactly apply to us. As far as the rest of us getting there, if we could get a ship from Mith, wouldn't Sam or Frodo (or Gimli) remember how to find the Lost Road? Maybe Frodo and Sam could get over their wounds on the ship. The journey is sure to take a while, and we might even have some adventures on the way there or back. (I heard a nasty rumor about some very bad guys trying to refloat Numenor, but it may not be true!)

My dragon could come along and fly overhead. That way, we'd have additional transport, if someone or something needed to come later, be rescued, etc. Once we're actually over in Aman, maybe one of the Valar or the Elves would have an "assignment" for us back in Middle Earth to go retrieve something they need.

If you want to do something else like the Red Book, that's fine too. Just let me know--I'll hang low till I see what you want to do.

The package? Too tell the truth, I'm not sure what's in it. I was just trying to start a new story line and I thought I or someone else would figure that out along the way. Maybe it's from that REG guy, he, he, he.....
Old 06-07-2002, 03:07 AM   #42
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

:: ooc - Yes, let's do the ship adventure! It will be interesting to see how this elf responds to a trip overseas! We can always save the Red Book and the Last Lonely Palantìr for another time. After all, as you said, we're all dead, so we should have plenty of time!!

FRODO - No, I don't mind you leaning on me; I spend most of my day at work with someone leaning on me!::

Pio wondered at how insubstantial Frodo had grown. His leaning on her was no more than the weight of a feather on her arm.

She looked toward the place from where Sam's cry had come, and could just see Rose fall onto the deck of a boat which was slowly slipping its moorings.

Easing Frodo back into his chair, she ran like the West wind toward the ship and managed to grab the rope end and secure it. The ship had drifted into the swifter current of the river, and the length of rope was pulled taut - a distance too far for Rose to jump back to shore. 'Not that the little scamp seems in a hurry to do so!', thought the elf.

Pio jumped up on the taut rope and made her way to the deck of the ship. 'What's this?', she said, surprised. Rose was lying on the deck, fast asleep and no amount of gentle prodding or calling to her would wake her. 'What strange magic do we have here?' she said, yawning; feeling her limbs get very heavy, and her eyes begin to close.

She struggled to wave for help to the others on the shore, but her last glimpse of them was the same sort of drowsy spiral down to sleep that she was making . . .

The mooring line held; the ship rocked gently in the current, lulling her cargo into deeper slumber and dreams . . .
Old 06-07-2002, 04:25 AM   #43
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooc:I'd love to do the ship story. And as you can see I'm one step ahead of you. But I must warn you, anything that concerns the Valar or lands beyond Middle Earth I'm clueless on. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ::

Rose couldn't get up. She was too sleepy. Then she felt a thud next to her and someone trying to get her up. But then they too fell asleep next to her.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:44 AM   #44
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Why would Celeaewen follow me the whole time? I don't even know why she's hunting me." Veritas thought.

Suddenly she heard a scream: Sam! She runs outside the bar, and almost falls over Celeaewen, who was sitting near the table. But Veritas had forgotten that they were hunting eachother and ran further, muttering "Sorry!". When she reachs the place, she sees nothing was wrong.

She looks up, the boat was lying quiet and mysterious...

Veritas gets a strange feeling that she HAS to go there, and walks driven by curiousity to the boat.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:49 AM   #45
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen was snoozing behind the table, and was awakend by Veritas tripping over her.
"oh, thats nice. wake me up and step on me is it?"
Veritas hurried out the door, and Celeaewen followed, even more intent on vengance. Celeaewen hadnever, in her kife, seen a ship.(which is understandable, seeing as she lived the better part of her life in the woods). she was immnensly curios, and Veritas was forgotten, as she climbed up the ship, jiust to inspect it. unfortunatly, she felt very sleepy and sank down to the floor, just as the ship began to move.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:27 AM   #46
Sindacuion
Animated Skeleton

Sindacuion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sindacuion was not in such good shape and decided that he had had his part of the excitement and adventure.

"I am sorry, friends, but I am needed at home. I shall travel back to Lothlorien. I hope you a happy journey and a nice party.. I may return, but it is uncertain.."

He went off and disappeared to the hills..

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Sindacuion ]
Old 06-07-2002, 07:44 AM   #47
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

[off topic--Birdland sent me a pm that she had to work early shift and will catch up with us this afternoon; looks like I won't have to "lure" Rose on board. LOL I'll still take that book though. Might prove useful]

Child stared with amazement at the scene that was taking place. One by one, her friends were wandering on to the ship and sinking down into deep sleep. How very strange, she wondered.

Oh, well, let them have their fun. I'm going home, she thought.

Child was loaded down with all the implements and supplies she would need for her trip back to the Shire. Plus she had a small palantir keychain for Birdland that she wanted to give as a gift. Birdie had seemed so upset when she had given the last one to Frodo.

Oh, yes, there was one other thing, she had a travel book she had wanted to give Rose. She knew how depressed Rose had been about the whole affair of the REG. She just wanted to cheer her up. The book was one of Frodo's latest publications:

Your Travel Guide to the Undying Lands,
or How I Went There and Back Again
By Frodo Baggins, Esquire, with
Added Notes by Master Samwise
Gamgee

Rose loved travel books. She hoped she would find this one useful.

But she did want to find out what was going on with that ship. At least it now stood still in the water.

To Child's amazement, a large bearded Elf appeared at the edge of the deck. He carried a very official looking envelope. Actually the envelope looked identical to the one Child had under her arm which she was supposed to deliver to Samwise but had never done so.

Child was amazed. She had never seen an Elf with a beard. The Elf drew out the proclamation and began to read:

Quote:
To Masters Samwise and Frodo, It has recently come to our attention that both of you have been grievously injured in a battle. As per our earlier agreement, you have unlimited rights of return to the land of the West. We have therefore sent this ship to permit you to sail and receive healing for your wounds. Please indicate as soon as possible whether you wish to comply with this request. Your dearest friend Galadriel, with special kisses and hugs to Frodo!
Quote:
PS It is possible that we may have a very small and insignificant mission for you after you have rested and received succor. The Masters of Taniquetil, Manwe and Varda
Cirdan glared at Child and stated, "I am not leaving until I receive a response from Sam and Frodo."

Cirdan continued: "Now as to all these sleeping bodies on the deck, the Elves may stay but all these miscellanous hobbits and other beings must immediatly depart."

Now, the worst thing in the world you could do was to tell Child to depart. She generally became very stubborn.

Child glared at Cirdan, "There is no provision against dead souls of hobbits in Elvenhome, only live souls. Now, we all happen to be very dead, so don't act so high and mighty!"

Cirdan snarled back and asked her to produce her papers which she did. She showed him her Barrowdowns visa and passport. He also checked the documents of the other hobbits sleeping on the ship.

"All right," but you better mind your manners. I'm only letting you on because you are friends of the Baggins and Gamgee families who do have special privileges in this realm."

"Special privileges, humph!" Child muttered under her breath. "We'll see about that!"

Child put her foot on the deck and expected to be sawing Z's quite quickly, but she remained wide awake. How could this be?

Cirdan scratched his head: "You wouldn't by any chance have previously voyaged to the West, now, would you? Only those who have seen the halls of the Valar are immune to the sleep draughts here."

Child remembered her brief 30 second trip to Aman which she had experienced in the last adventure. She drew herself up to her full three feet.

"Of course, I am an experienced traveller! Err, and by the way, will you wake up my friends once our voyage starts. I'd like some company."

"Yes, yes," muttered Cirdan. Now all of you unauthorised, dead hobbits will have to act as servants on the ship. You can help the Baggins and Gamgee families and the Elves with their provisions and needs. You, Child, can start by mopping off the deck."

Child stared in misbelief. Mopping the deck? Or waiting on Pio, or on Sam or Frodo???? Child's hair stood straight off her head. She liked her friends very much, but she did NOT want to be their servant.

"We'll see about this," she thought. "And I can imagine what Rose Cotton will say when she hears about this!"

It seemed there was an hierarchical order in Aman, and she wasn't sure she was going to like her place on the chain.

She yelled out to Angara. " The boat won't leave till this Elf talks to Frodo and Sam, but just in case something weird happens, you stay here so you can pick up latecomers. I know Birdie wouldn't miss this for the world, and there may be others."

Child begins mopping deck.

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-07-2002, 08:19 AM   #48
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

All this while, Rosseiliantiel had been following along behind the others, excited for an adventure. Everyone had again forgotten about her. Finally she came to the ship. Not being sure if she was aloud on this official-looking sea-craft, she felt it would be better to stay hidden. She climbed up a mooring rope & onto the deck. Seeing Cirdan, she quickly and silently hid away in a pile of torn & used sails in the corner. Her now dirty & ripped robes matched the dark shadows falling across the pile perfectly, so it was very difficult to see her unless you were looking for her, and it was very unlikely that anyone would be doing that. As soon as she had settled in, she felt her eyelids beggining to droop and she soon fell fast asleep.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:39 AM   #49
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

(souds great C7A!!!)

Frodo realized he had been holding his breath. When he saw that the mooring held, he leaned back with a gasp of relief. "Thank you, God." he said quietly.

"Now Child, It wont be all that bad. Besides, Sam may try to take over your job anyway!" Frodo smirked.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:20 AM   #50
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Several hours had passed. Frodo had turned up at the dock an spoken secretly to Cirdan. Child had tried to lean over and listen to their conversation, but they had been quite discreet.

"Are we going, now?" asked Child.

"Humph, no, we're still awaiting to speak with Master Samwise and his family," replied Cirdan.

Child slunk away and continued polishing the ship's railings as she had been instructed. She had already mopped and swept the deck, washed and folded blankets, and emptied chamber pots.

She had also been instructed to make a comfortable bed for Mr. Frodo to rest and to bring him glasses of water and lembas when he required them.

Child hoped Sam would get on board quickly. It did seem that Mr. Frodo took a lot of waiting on!

Child decided she had enough of that. She found a small closet to hide in, and drew out from her backpack a well worn volume: Quenya in 20 Easy Lessons. She sat down and began to work on a short vocabulary list.

Old 06-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #51
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"I heard that Child!!!!" Frodo said and threw a pillow at her with a laugh.
"You better be nice or Sam will give you a severe tongue-lashing when he arrives!!!"
Old 06-07-2002, 01:39 PM   #52
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel gives up on trying to follow the plot line, she is totally lost.

So, she decides that the Gimli plot line is, after all, the best way to go...

Sooooo...she goes back to sitting next to Gimli and drinking.

"So...you want to talk about anything, or just drink?" Menelduliniel asks Gimli.

She is greeted with a grunt, so decides that means to just drink, so she grabs herself and ale and drinks...
Old 06-07-2002, 01:55 PM   #53
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc:Sam better hurry up cause half of us are asleep and would like to wake up and join the.....uh...fun. Well, maybe you elves will have fun. Like I didn't do enough work when I was stuck in a hobbit hole.

As Rose slept she dreamed about a story Frodo had once told about his adventures. She was walking at night in a lighted garden when she saw what looked to her like a sort of bird bath. She remembered that Frodo had told her it was an elf's mirror or somthing like that. She walked over to it and stood on tip-toe to see into it.......................
Old 06-07-2002, 01:59 PM   #54
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel drains another mug of ale, then decides this isn't how she wants to spend her party!

"I want to go to...hmmm...dunno, I just want to wander!"

She goes off into the woods and wanders among the branches. She then jumps into a tree and moves along through the trees, as she loves to do. She watches the nature around her...
Old 06-07-2002, 02:24 PM   #55
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Stacey stepped out onto the grass with Primrose behind her.

Prim: "Where could Papa be? "

Stacey: Don't know, Prim, maybe--

She looks out to see Sam lying prone on the ground.

Stacey: Oh, for the love of--Sam!!

She runs out to the little hobbit with Prim on her heels. Kneeling down beside Sam, she looks up to see several people she knows on an odd-looking ship. A bearded elf(?)stands at the gangplank impatiently.

Primrose: Why do I get the feeling he's waiting for us?

Stacey: Dunno, but I guess we may as well go. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

She lifts Sam, who groans a bit, in her arms and walks over to the ship. The bearded elf looks at them expectantly.

Elf: Well, now we can be off. Aboard, please.

Not knowing what else to do, Stacey carries Sam up the gangplank. Primrose scurries up ahead of her.

Stacey: Oh, brother, what now.....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-07-2002, 02:53 PM   #56
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

In the water Rose saw all that had happened ever since she had arived at the party. It seemed like such a long time.

Then the mirror showed Child's face. It kept saying "Get up now. Come on. Rose wake up." Her eyes flickered open and she saw Child standing over her.

"What's going on?" She asked sleepily.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #57
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey sat down on the deck with Sam still in her arms.

Primrose, with her hands on her hips, said,
"That's what I'd like to know."
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-07-2002, 03:03 PM   #58
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sam?? Is that you?? Its about time, maybe you can talk some sense into C7A.

(you will know what is going on of you read the previous posts.)
Old 06-07-2002, 03:09 PM   #59
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC:I did, sir. It's just my characters who wanted to know what was going on. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sam opened his eyes slightly.

Sam: Mister Frodo?

Stacey: [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I came out and found him on the ground. Maybe the pain from those busted riblets of his made him pass out.

Sam: I was....running to stop Miss Rose an' I fell. Ow...right on those 'riblets'.

Primrose: And people say I get into trouble...

Stacey: Like father like daughter... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2002, 03:59 PM   #60
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli robs a liquor store and drains his 1,873,904th mug. Gimli starts to feel a little dizzy. Gimli takes a break. --------Long enough! Gimli drains his 2,000,142nd mug.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:10 PM   #61
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mentally, it was the most refreshing sleep she had had in a long time thought Pio. But, then again, there hasn't been much chance for sleep since this party first started. She got up and stretched mightily. For some reason her left side felt a little sore as if she had been sleeping on something very hard. She looked down at where she had been lying and gave herself a mental kick - of course it had been hard; she'd been snoozing on the deck of a ship. She looked about her and recalled the events of last night. 'Looks like the knot held,' she thought to herself. 'But why is everyone on board now? I thought the purpose was to get Rose off the boat?, she mused out loud.

'Let me out, elf!!!' came a frazzled voice from the closet door she had leaned against while trying to sort things out. 'Let me out and I'll bring you up to speed.!

Pio opened the door carefully and peered in, only to see Child come rushing out into the light, blinking.

'Child! You're here too!', she said giving her a hug. 'Did you bring Angara, by any chance? I miss the little wyrmlet!

Child stood fussing with her clothes for a bit, while Pio stood and wondered idly to herself who had parked a ship in the Great River.

**I did, Piosenniel** came the thought back to her.

'Excuse me, Child, did you say something to me?' Child looked at her as if she had suddenly gone mad.

'I *said* it.' came the deep voice behind her.

Turning, Pio saw someone she had never thought she would see. Her mouth dropped open slightly and her eyes widened in surprise. 'Son of a Seagull' she blurted out.
It's Cirdan!'
Old 06-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #62
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel travels until she reaches the sea.

"Ai! The sea!" Menelduliniel breathes, "That's what I wanted to see!"

She turns back and runs back to Gimli.

"Hey! You didn't save some of your liquor store booty for meeee?"

She tackles the drunken Dwarf to the ground...
Old 06-07-2002, 05:45 PM   #63
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

[OOC -Menilduliniel and Gimli -- Sure you guys don't want to board the ship to the Undying Lands? Gimli, you can visit your pal Legolas there. In case you don't make the sailing on time, I'll leave my dragon Anagara behind to pick up stragglers.]

Child stretched. She had fallen asleep for a brief spell. She didn't think it was the mysterious sleeping draughts. She had just found Quenya vocabulary lists quite sleep inducing. She put her book away and opened the closet door.

There was Pio waiting for her. Pio seemed somewhat surprised and alarmed to discover they were on a ship with Cirdan at the helm. Child explained about the proclamation asking Frodo and Sam to come for healing to the West, and about the possibility of a further assignment from Manwe and Varda. Child was actually quite jealous of Pio. Because she was an Elf, Cirdan seemed distinctly more friendly to her.

Child turned around and saw Rose Cotton who was looking up at her expectantly. She again explained about the proclamation for Frodo and Sam. Child knew she would also have to explain to Rose how Cirdan thought the hobbits, other than the Gamgees and Baggins families, were expected to work as servants on board. She figured that Rose would have a distincty negative view of such an arrangment.

She briefly explained the situation to Rose who did not look terribly pleased.

Now, Rose is quite an intelligent hobbit nd she immediately saw a way out of this less than desirable situation. She leaned over and whispered in Child's ear.

Child smiled back at Rose and said she'd be glad to take care of that. Then she went on her way to straighten out the situation.

"Oh, Cirdan, " Child intoned. "I forgot to tell you something. Miss Rose and I also happen to have ties to one of the Ringbearers, so it is highly inappropriate for us to be scrubbing the decks and doing other menial chores."

Cirdan tilted his head quizically, and Child continued. "We are the favorite nieces of the esteemed Bilbo Baggins. Our uncle couldn't make it today so he sent us as his representatives. I know Uncle Bilbo would be displeased if he knew we were being used as servants!!"

Now, this was not exactly true. Rose and Child were distant cousins of Bilbo, since almost all the hobbits in the Shire are distant cousins of each other. But Child knew that hobbit family trees were so complex
that there was no way Cirdan could check on this claim.

"All right" grumbled Cirdan, "Gandalf might be angry if he knew I was slighting Bilbo's favorite nieces."

"Oh, yes, Cirdan, since we are Bilbo's official representatives, Rose and I expect to be consulted on all serious issues on this trip, both on the voyage and in Aman." continued Child.

Cirdan grunted and shook his head. Child was amazed that she had pulled off this scam.
She hoped she and Rose would not run into Gandalf on Tol Eressea, or they might be back to scrubbing floors again.

"Oh, yes, Cirdan, by the way, hobbits do care for each other, and I will be happy to help out in taking care of Frodo and Samwise since they do seem grievously wounded. I doubt that Sam will be able to assist Frodo as he usually does, and we will try to help out" Child said.

This statement, unlike the earlier ones, was truly and sincerely meant, and she thought that Rose would also be happy to help if the two hobbits were still ill.

Child went to get extra pillows for Samwise, and extra Lembas for Frodo. She wondered when the ship would sail, what she would see, and if her friend Birdland would come on time, or would have to fly with Angara. She also wondered about the rules for admiting dragons to the West. Oh, well, they would surely manage something.

Old 06-07-2002, 05:49 PM   #64
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel runs.

"Did you say Legolas? As in Legolas-Legolas? I'm coming! Wait!"

Menelduliniel jumps onto the boat, with a keg of ale with her.

"I haven't seen my boyfriend in over 50 years!" Menelduliniel exclaims, excitedly.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Menelduliniel keeps saying on the way...
Old 06-07-2002, 05:55 PM   #65
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Thank you, Child.

She gently lifted Sam off her lap, arranged a couple of the pillows as a bed for him and tucked one behind his curly head.

Stacey: I'll help in any way I can.

Prim: *coming around the corner of the ship's cabin* And so will I, if it has anything to do with Papa or Uncle Frodo.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:00 PM   #66
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen woke up breifly at the sound of a thud and a voice shreiking "legolas!legolas!" and then "are we there ye? are we there yet?" Celeaewen groaned. the delusions some people labored under. she looked blearily at Melenduliel, then threw the nearest object at her. it turned out to be a rag, so Celeaewen searched around till she found a nice book. taking careful aim, shge threw it,m and it hit Melenduiel square in the head. She crumpled, unconsius. Cirdan shot her a grateful look, but she missed it, already being fast asleep.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:11 PM   #67
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Now, Rose is quite an intelligent hobbit nd she immediately saw a way out of this less than desirable situation.
ooc: I take that as a complement. Thanks. Hm..I wonder if Hobbit's give each other high-fives. Oh well:

After Child returned from deceiving the elf caption, (Rose still hasn't learned his name and didn't think he could be tricked) she gave her a silent high-five.]
"And beside's" Rose whispered, "I'm Sam's wife arn't I?"

(ooc:I'm assuming this since I was his wife in the books and since Primrose is here I just thought I'm probably his wife by now. Till now I didn't feel like touching up on this. Correct me Sam, if I'm wrong.)

Rose was relieved she wouldn't be serving the elves. She wouldn't mind taking care of Frodo and Sam but the fact that some elves consitered themselves better then other creatures made Rose angry.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:18 PM   #68
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Well, technically, yes you are. If you want to act in that capacity, that's fine with me.
---------------------------------------------
Stacey looked over at Rose and Child.

Stacey: Um--is this ship going anywhere? I mean--this feels really wierd. I feel like I know what this ship is supposed to be for, but I can't put my finger on it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
(Remember, I'm not from Middle Earth, and I'm also not that well Tolkien-versed).
Old 06-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #69
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc: Sure we'll go by that. And besides the fact that I'm in love with Sam it will get me out of scrubbing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] :

Even though Rose was a little anoyed at being put into an enchanted sleep she was still taken away by the beauty of the ship. She had only seen ships every once and awhile when she visited the Brandywine River. But since not many hobbits were much into water they didn't put much effort into their water vessels. So Rose decided to explore. She found a small staircase leading into the lower decks and decided to explore.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #70
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Gimli drains his 2,586,981st mug.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:02 PM   #71
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Even below the upper decks the atmosphere was very welcoming. Rose walked around the corridors looking for somthing that would catch her intrest. Then at the end of a hallway she saw a light coming from a door that stood ajar. Her heart fluttered once more as she crept up to the room trying to listen for anyone who might be inside. Or anyone that might have followed her.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:20 PM   #72
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child crept up behind Rose and pulled on her skirt. "Psst," she whispered, "What's in there? "
Old 06-07-2002, 07:28 PM   #73
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey sits on the deck with Sam until he falls asleep. Deciding he'll be okay with Primrose, she wanders off. Frodo appears to be asleep, too, and where did Child and Rose wander off to?

She walks through the ships' cabin and finds a set of stairs. Walking down them, she finds herself in a corridor. Doors line either side.

Stacey: Hm. Well, I guess they needed somewhere for the folks on this ship to stay....
No one had answered her question while she was above deck, so she still had no idea what the ship was exactly or where it was going. She shrugged.
Stacey: Oh, well. Whatever adventure we wind up on, it can't be any worse than last time......
She walked down the corridor and began trying doors.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:37 PM   #74
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo looked over at Sam, thankful that he was finally asleep "Nothing is your fault,Sam" he said to himself. And then rolled his eyes at C7A and Rose.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:56 PM   #75
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam was lying on the rock, tied so tightly he could not move. Suddenly he heard Frodo's voice:

A Elbereth Glithonel!

and the big fight started. The Orc leader that stood above him said,

Ah--Baggins. I've been waiting for you.

And with that, using his sword like a spear, he peirced Frodo through.

*POP*

Sam's eyes flew open.

Sam: Mister Frodo! Noooo!

He sat up and sobbed into his hands.

Sam: You shouldn't have come, Mister Frodo, you shouldn't have come.......
Old 06-07-2002, 08:44 PM   #76
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey walks along the corridor below, trying doors. Some are locked, some are, as she suspected, rooms for whoever's on the ship to stay in, with beds and such.
Finally, she gets to a room at the end of the corridor. As she walks up to it, the door swings open.

Stacey: Hello?

Slowly, she walks in. The room is lighted, though she can't tell by what, and the walls are lined with shelves. On the shelves are rows upon rows of bottles and vials, each with a label and a different colored liquid.

Stacey reaches for one of the bottles.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #77
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Gimli drains his 4,536,893,987th mug. He cannot find a single drop of ale left in all ME! "Nooooooooooooooo! I drank all the ale!!!!!!!!!! BEER! ALE! VODKA ! PLEASE! Gimli kneels over and dies from despair.

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Gimli Son Of Gloin ]
Old 06-07-2002, 09:54 PM   #78
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo jumps up (with difficulty) and trost over to Sam. Kneeling next to Sam, Frodo puts his arms around him.

"Sam, it's all right. I am still here. I will always be here" Frodo is now crying as well
"And nothing is your fault"
Old 06-07-2002, 09:56 PM   #79
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey takes down a bottle and looks at the label. "Sorrow".

Stacey: Icch. Don't want that. Our Sam and Frodo are depressed enough, especially Sam, darn him....

She reached for another bottle. It held about 10 ounces of a clear liquid and was labled, "Joy". (ooc: no offense to our Miss Joy).

Stacey: Ah. That's more like it.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #80
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam buries his face in Frodo's shoulder.

Sam: Oh, Mister Frodo, I was so stupid! I should never have wandered off by myself. If you hadn't come to rescue this silly old hobbit, you wouldn't be hurtin' now!