User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #201
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maikafanawen - here's my opinion, for what it's worth.

We stayed in the Citadel last time because we hadn't come up with anywhere else to stay. Questions were raised, and so an alternative residence for the Morthaniawens was developed.

I would think, given all that is afoot, they would want to be on their home turf, with all their resources at their disposal and the privacy of their own walls.

Let me know if that doesn't suit.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 09-10-2003, 05:38 PM   #202
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Elora: I agree. I'll edit my post now.

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-10-2003, 06:52 PM   #203
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Alak,

My save with Adrama's reply to her mother is filled in. It's located near the bottom of page 5. I'm afraid I rambled on a bit longer than I intended too, but I don't believe I went too far, and it should give you a lot to go on. If you are unsatisified with anything I've made Pelien say, just give me the word and I'll edit.

Would you prefer to put another post/save up or would you like our next to posts slipped in with mine? I'm assuming you'd prefer the former but I'd like your final say.

I am enjoying this interaction so much. Mother and daughter seem to be struggling to understand each other, and Adrama can see that unless they do something, future events might cause their relationship to be ruined, or at least broken for a time, and she's trying so hard to keep it running smoothly... perhaps too hard.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:34 PM   #204
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nuru - I enjoyed your post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I, too, love the interactions between Pelien and Adrama, and you never know, maybe they will have a happy ending. I'm going to put a SAVE up for my next post.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:11 AM   #205
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

CHILD- Yeah, count Vieana in with the guards and other Dol Amroth women [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It sounds like we have alot of fun on our hands...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 09-11-2003, 02:34 AM   #206
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I have finished my last post for Diorwyn, filling in my save on page 5. Those of you who are familiar with 'The Steward and the King' chapter of RotK may recognize the cloak that she sewed. It did indeed survive to warm - well, look it up if you're curious! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I've enjoyed being a part of this story, especially since it was completely different from the usual kind of female role playing. Unfortunately, I won't be here for the grand finale, since I'm leaving for vacation in a few days. Best wishes to all and congratulations on a great RPG!

PS - Please feel free to include Diorwyn in your posts. She won't be leaving Minas Tirith until the others of Dol Amroth do - unlike her author...

[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-11-2003, 07:14 AM   #207
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Esty,

Thanks so much for doing that post on short notice. Have a wonderful time on vacation.

Viena, Averyll, Elen,

All three of you will be involved in the campaign to ferret out the nasty in Eckthelion's entourage.

I'll be doing a post by Eckthelion later today where he sends a joint letter to the three of you. He will ask you to go down to the garrison and do some discreet questioning among folk that you know there. Each of you will be given a specific task -- it will be laid out in the letter. You can do your posts singly (on your own) or one or more can cooperate and do it together. Either way, it would be very helpful if you could have your post up with the spying by early Sunday morning and then say you've sent a letter to the Steward or personally visited him to pass this information along.

As to what you discover.....that is up to you, as long as you discover something! Your description of this man and his activities will shape the particular character I craft. I will be guided by your answers to the questions I pose.

See also my note below to Pelian.

Pelian,

The Steward will also be sending you a letter as well. I know you're in the middle of an important discussion. You can have the letter arrive by special delivery in the middle of your conversation, or after the talk, whatever works best.

You will be asked to set up a dinner party and leave out some critical dispatches carelessly lying on your desk. Your post on the dinner party won't go up until after I give you the ok to go ahead on the discussion thread. Hopefully, this note will go up sometime on Sunday, after the others have finished with theirs.

Elven Maid,

I know you have computer access problems. I will send you a pm this evening spelling out more specifics. Meanwhile, as soon as Eckthelion does his save, try to get one up on the game thread where you can respond later.

If anyone has questions, please let me know by pm or on this thread.

Cami
Old 09-11-2003, 08:50 AM   #208
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, yay! Just point Averyll in the direction of the garrison & give her a push! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #209
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Quote:
Oro,
Your post is up: August 30 at 11:04 am.

Many thanks.

Cami
thanks a lot.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 10:17 AM   #210
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Hi!

I finally made to fill my save, on page 5. (At the library you don't get much time, so I never got to fill it in before... heh)

Anyway, I will not be able to follow this RPG to its' end. (I have already been away half of the time, because of virus threats.)

I hope someone can take over my character, Sador the remaining days if it's needed. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I must say I have enjoyed 'playing' in this game with so many great characters. It'll look stunning in Elvenhome! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hope we'll play again soon!

*nova*

EDIT: I withdraw what's written above!!!!!!! I managed to fix my comp!!! I am back!! YAY! So, erm.. I'll handle it.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 09-12-2003, 09:15 AM   #211
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Congratulations Nova! Glad to hear you will be around.

Everdawn, Ealasaide, Elven Maiden,

The assignment post is up. Please feel free to post your response as soon as you are able.

Alaklondewen,

I've saved another space to send an inquiry to Pelian. I'll get it done as soon as I can.

Cami
Old 09-12-2003, 09:29 AM   #212
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everdawn, Elven Maiden,

Please check your pms.

Ealasaide,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Everything sounds fine.

Cami
Old 09-13-2003, 10:25 AM   #213
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everdawn,

Great! Thanks very much.

I am going to do a save for Elven Maiden, in case she needs it.

Cami
Old 09-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #214
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak, Nurumaiel, Nova,

Please look at my latest post regarding a luncheon to be held at your house.

Also, Eckthelion couldn't help playing matchmaker. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My next job is to fill in Sophie's save from the last ball. Sorry I am so late with this.

Cami

[ September 13, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-13-2003, 09:10 PM   #215
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

I have filled in my last SAVE. Nuru, let me know what you think. Also, expect a PM from me about the luncheon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Child - that letter to Pelien couldn't have been more appropriate. I could see and feel her reaction as I read it.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:50 PM   #216
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

I'm posting now with Averyll. Sorry it's SO LONG! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2003, 11:03 AM   #217
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Alak, I'll go check it out and get to work on mine today.

Child, I loved your mention about Addruran. When Adrama tells her mother the news later in the game, I've imagined that Pelien might be rather displeased and try to work Adrama to dropping the engagement. I think it would be absolutely perfect for Adrama to quote Ecthelion from the letter. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Alak, that part is fast approaching and we'll need to make some plans about that. Just a warning beforehand. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's a big scene for my character, perhaps the biggest (for her).
Old 09-15-2003, 02:30 PM   #218
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak,

Since Elven Maid has computer access problems, I want to go ahead now and nail down the name of the three suspected guards who should be invited to the lunch. I will, of course, take the two names from Ealasaide and Everdawn, and then invent a third. If Elven Maid has time to fill in the save later, she can invent a story about the third fellow. Otherwise we will assume that she has sent a separate letter to Eckthelion, and he is responding to that....

Can you have Pelien receive two documents: the main letter and then a smaller note that will read like this:

Lady Pelien,

I have just received the information that you will need to complete your preparations for the luncheon. I will therefore send this list of names along with the same messenger who brings my letter to you.

Here is the list of names of the young men whom you will want to invite:
  • Brigon - the gentleman in charge of the sorting house
  • Athadan of Harondor - the guard who receives all mail and dispatches from the arriving ships, and, lastly,
  • Aranarth, born and bred in Minas Tirith who was responsible for delivering the mail to my office the morning after the masquerade.

As I have said, you may also expect to see
Addruran who will be acting as my trusted agent in this affair.

Written in great haste,
Eckthelion, Steward

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #219
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

I believe we are here in our outline:

With the information the women have gleaned, Eckthelion runs a sting and comes up with the mole (Child, Alak, mystery guest, Nuru)

Act V- A fatal party – TO FINISH BY Sunday, SEPTEMBER 21

Ecthelion announces the formal betrothal party for Finduilas and his son. Child
Betrothal Party: The Minas Tirith/Dol Amroth women decide to strike (all posters)

Finduilas makes an impassioned speech (her one and only!) (Manardariel and any others who want to react)

Dryea blunders yet again, supporting the accusation. (Maika)

Eckthelion brings forward the mole who confesses all (Child)

Palace guards try to arrest Dryea and her mother and servants, but fail. (Child, Maika, Rueil)

Dryea, plus servants, flees to Umbar. (Maika, Rueil)

Eckthelion welcomes Alethea to Gondor where she will make her home. (Child, Arien)

Questions:

Manardariel - do you know what Finduilas will say in her speech?

Maika - do you know what blunder Dryea will make?

These are the two big things remaining, once we finish the luncheon. You don't need to let me in on the details. I just want to make sure everyone has heads-up for this and plans are being laid.

BTW....After the lunch plays out, and the fellow is dragged away, the Steward will ask for complete silence on the part of everyone at Lady Pelien's until he can question the spy.

The Steward will also do a post leading directly into the betrothal party.

Let me know if anyone sees a problem.

Cami

Cami
Old 09-15-2003, 06:11 PM   #220
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Child

I have one really quick question that concerns Addruran.

Ecthelion mentions that Addruran will be working as an agent for him, and I thought that would probably call for a post that briefly mentions him working. Also, Adrama will probably be inquiring about it later on after the engagement. However, will you be doing a post where Ecthelion gives Addruran directions? If not, could you PM to me some of what Addruran would be doing that wouldn't be mentioned the game, so when the time comes Adrama's curiosity can be filled?

Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 06:38 PM   #221
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

What I initially meant is that Addruran will be the guard at the luncheon who will know what is going on, and will make sure the guilty party falls into the trap.

Let's have Eckthelion write a letter to Addruran with general instructions. Do you want to handle his character at the luncheon? If so, I can tell you what to do by pm, if you'd like.

Please let me know.

Cami
Old 09-16-2003, 05:02 AM   #222
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Speach? I was thinking of of something among the lines of "difficulies I have met on the way, yet when I look around the room tonight, I rest assured that we will understand each other when time comes" or something. The point she will make is 1)she knows about Dreya and 2)she knows about the rumors and 3)she´s trying to understand the MT chicas. OK? I have to file this out. I´ll get you back ASAP.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #223
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I don't have any ideas actually except for maybe Dryea will gasp and drop her glass or something directing a lot of attention towards her. Then she might shoot an evil glare at Alethea and look worridly towards her mother? I don't know, there aren't very many sensible options for a "blunder" at a time like that.

Suggestions anyone?

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-16-2003, 05:55 PM   #224
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

Check your pms....

Cami/Child
Old 09-16-2003, 07:24 PM   #225
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Child

That makes perfect sense. I intended on writing Addruran during the luncheon, but if you'd (or someone else? Unsure what you were planning if I didn't) like to just give the word and I'll give the okay. It would actually give me a chance to focus on Adrama throughout the luncheon where she'll be having many puzzling thoughts, but I'm fine either way. Just let me know!

~Nuru
Old 09-16-2003, 09:29 PM   #226
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

I just filled in my last SAVE.

Nuru - Would you mind constructing a conversation in which Adrama helps Pelien choose Averyll, Vieana, and Elen as the three ladies?
Old 09-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #227
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Alak

No problem! I'll go put up a SAVE now and fill it in as soon as possible. No doubt Pelien will have a little trouble getting her daughter to agree, as Adrama will remember the previous occasion where her mother was mocked.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #228
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Quote:
Adrama will remember the previous occasion where her mother was mocked.
Mocked? Pardon me, Nuru, but the ladies of Dol Amroth take a little exception to that description. They were not mocking anyone. They were trying very hard to help Finduilas the best way they could think of. Mockery was far from their minds.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:38 PM   #229
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Ealasaide

The above statement was in no way my own feelings of the previous meeting, and so I hope you don't take them as such. They were the feelings of my character, Adrama, who would only naturally feel in her present state of confusion that the world was against her and that that the ladies were launching personal attacks on her mother. This is not how I myself feel. However, I did get the impression in your posts at the meeting that the ladies were unsure what to think of Pelien, and uncertainty can often be mistaken for ill feelings. Adrama was mistaken, and it is through the upcoming luncheon when they shall work together that she will realize her mistake.

I hope the misunderstanding is cleared up. I was by no means expressing my own feelings of your characters, and I beg apologies if it appeared as such. *bows*

In all sincerity,
Nuru
Old 09-17-2003, 05:34 PM   #230
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Nuru

I see! Apology accepted. Mockery was as far from the Dol Amroth ladies' minds as Chardonnay is from peanut butter, so I was a bit disturbed by the characterization. I still don't understand where Adrama would get mockery from the scene, but I guess not everyone thinks in a logical fashion when one is feeling attacked.

You are right that the Dol Amroth ladies felt uncomfortable with Pelien, but it was more from being intimidated by her than from any sense of superiority to her. They are probably still a bit intimidated by her.

They will sort it all out at the luncheon, however, and become friends!

Thanks for the explanation!
Ealasaide [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #231
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru,

Please check your pms.

Cami
Old 09-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #232
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

My SAVE is filled in. Just a quick note to Arien not to be concerned by Adrama's train of thoughts concerning the traitor. Adrama is simply putting a completely imagined two and two together and when the two meet she'll be on her knees begging for forgiveness and wondering what madness came over her that led her to think such unlogical things.

BTW, Ealasaide, I'd imagine that Adrama is finding ill thoughts from the ladies of Dol Amroth the same way Denethor found the same from Pelien when she called the rumors to his attention. And I'm glad for your assurance about the ladies' friendship with Adrama towards the end of the luncheon, because she is certainly hoping for it. I fear it would go ill with the poor girl's mind if she found that her ideas of cruelty and mockery were true. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 07:58 PM   #233
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Thanks, Nuru! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The Dol Amroth ladies are very eager to make friends with the ladies of Minas Tirith, and were deeply hurt by the hostility they sensed coming from the Minas Tirith crowd.

Once all of this is sorted out, they would be delighted to call themselves Adrama's friends. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 11:09 PM   #234
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika, Elora,

Please check your pms.

Cami
Old 09-18-2003, 06:09 PM   #235
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Okay, Vieana, Elen, and Averyll should now be receiving invitation to a luncheon at Pelien's home where they will be playing hostess to three single guards.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:18 PM   #236
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Don't forget Addruran. He will also be at the lunch.

Cami
Old 09-19-2003, 05:33 AM   #237
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Thanks for reminding me, Cami. I edited my last post so Pelien is sending invitations not only to the three Dol Amroth ladies, but also to the four young men.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #238
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Final instructions for the game

Nurumaiel,

Eckthelion has given his instructions to Addruran in the game.

OK, this is where we stand.

First, I will beg Piosenniel for a few extra days to finish this game.

As I see it, we have three things to do to bring the horse to the stables.

1. Stage the luncheon and collar the spy.

2. Do the scene at the betrothal party where the baddies are revealed.

3. Despite Eckthelion's best efforts, the baddies escape, but Alethea stays and the Steward welcomes her.

Numbers 2 and 3 should just be a matter of a few posts. I am consulting with Maika and Elora on this. Number 1 involves a number of posters so it is trickier.

Regarding scene #1: First, there will be a mystery poster posing as the man who is uncovered as the spy. And, no, I'm not about to tell you who the spy is or who plays him! You'll have to wait.

Could you patch up things between the women characters today, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday real time? Get this done before the men arrive at the luncheon.

Alak, could you do a post late Monday or Tuesday where Pelien greets the three suspects at the door and leads them into the cloak room to leave their weapons and such? Have each of the men notice the dispatch that's lying there. Then lead them back to the table and begin the lunch.

At some point after this post, the mystery poster will come in and the guilty party will excuse himself and make his way to the cloakroom.

Nuru - once the guy is standing there with the dispatch in his hand, you have to depict Addruran surrounding him with the men and leading him away, ostensibly to Eckthelion.

Let's have this done by Wednesday night if possible.

I will immediately lead in to the betrothal party. In the interests of wrapping this up quickly, it will largely be narration through the eyes of two people:

1. Maika will handle the scene where her treason is uncovered. Maika - go ahead and use the spy as we discussed. His owner has given permission for you to incorporate the character into your post.

2. Maika is led away in chains by two men. At this point Elora will come in and do a post set in the back hallways where she manages to free her daughter (with a little help) and gets her away.

3. The game will end when the Steward welcomes Althea as a new citizen of Gondor.

Of course, anyone is welcome to chime in anywhere with a relevent post, but this is what we need to get through to have the storyline make sense.

Did I miss anything? Does anyone have a problem with the schedule? I will do some saves along the way if anyone gets "left behind" and will paste up what you leave on the discussion thread.

Sharpen your pencils, turn on your computers and get ready to write like crazy this final week!

Cami

P.S. Manardariel -- at what point in the last scene did you want Finduilas to speak? At the very end, or earlier? Let me know please.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-19-2003, 01:16 PM   #239
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Can I just apologise for leaving that save for so long, I'm filling it in now.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-19-2003, 03:03 PM   #240
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

I would like to go ahead and start the luncheon either this evening (as time permits) or early tomorrow. Does anyone have a problem with this, or does anyone need to post or put up SAVEs before I do?

And just to clarify, the young women will arrive some time before the suspects so they can discuss their personal 'issues'.