Old 09-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #241
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Quote:
maybe we should start a slave rebellion
As much fun as that would be, Eladain, we'd loose drastically. This is Dol Guldur. A handful of elves vs. an assortment of halforcs, Nazgul, and the whole lot? We wouldn't have a bloody chance.

That did get me thinking though ... on something I'll PM you about the moment I've got a second to.

Tinuviel: See your PMs

I'm going out of town last minute and I leave in about 25 min. This is extremely inconvenient for me because I'm missing SOO much not only on BD but in real life and I'm extremely put out because of it. My relations WILL suffer for this. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Anyhow, If I am not able to have extended access to a computer while I'm out of town I'm sure you will all do fine anyways, but just so you know. I am optimistic about it though .... I have my ways ... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

We've got to get to Dol GULDUR!!! And if I'm not able to post this WEEKEND hopefully someone else WILL! NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 21st!!!!! We do not have that awesome an amount of time to spend at Dol Guldur. We've got to get imprisoned, experience the pain and torture *shiver* and get out by September 30th, and finish up the entire RPG by October 3rd. I think it'll work out just fine. I'd hoped to be well into Dol Guldur before I opened the Ambassador's Son *hint hint* (ALL ABOUT THE PIRATES. CHECK IT OUT.) But oh well, it'll work out.

So, I'll try to keep in touch over the Weekend, but please dont' wait around for me. Get a going! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You guys are awesome!

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-19-2003, 08:38 PM   #242
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well thats two of us gone now. I am so sorry about this but im in Sydney for the next 5 days on the first proper holiday in ages! As much as i love this, i am loving the idea of my holiday! But i promise, promise, promise that when i get back to Brisbane i will devote every moment to here (because im on holidays for 2 weeks!) and to getting my licence (but thats another story.)

Could someone drag Arië along for the ride? Would be much appreciated.

Eve.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 09-19-2003, 10:02 PM   #243
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

I've filled in my save. Nerindel, could you post Taurewen examining the wound and then I'll put up that post I sent you via PM a while ago.

I guess then we'll get captured, if that's all right with the owners.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:51 PM   #244
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I was not able to POST this weekend and we JUST got home five minutes ago. Unfortunately things didn't move during my absense. But that's okay. I'll just post up a SAVE for Nerindel, a SAVE for Tinuviel and a SAVE for me to get to tomorrow afternoon. It will include us arriving at Amon Lanc BUT NOT GETTING CAPTURED.

We will spend Mon, Tues and Wed morning deciding on whether we shoudl investigate the hill/tower or just return to Thranduil. Then we will get captured and fill a number of good lengthy well developed and descriptive posts on the horrors and great tribulations of Dol Guldur and head home on September 30th, wrapping everything up by October 3rd. Sound good?

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-21-2003, 10:42 PM   #245
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Sounds fine to me. I've been trying to move things along, but...

Anyway, I have my post ready; do you want me to go ahead and put it on the discussion thread?
Old 09-22-2003, 08:37 AM   #246
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Sorry If I've been holding things up, my sister-in-law is getting married away this week so things have been abit hectic about here [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Anyway here is the post that Tinuviel was waiting for, hope this works [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Nerindel's post

Taurëwen slumped against one of the tall trees as she waited for the others, she saw Gilbereth show Ceros the helms that the larger orcs wore, the red eye upon them had made her shiver and although it was just paint she could not shake the feeling that something or someone was watching them!

As she looked round she saw Reynion coming towards her, She managed a weak smile, then gasped as he collapsed to the ground. Fear strengthening her she got to her feet and hurried over to were he had fallen, pushing passed her companions as they surrounded him.

"What happened?" she asked, her face full of concern.

"It's nothing, I--it's nothing. Just tired and I suppose my leg hurts a little. One of the spiders bit it, but it's not bad," Reynion replied.

"Spiders! That was days ago!" Taurëwen exclaimed as she gestured for those holding him, to gently set him down against the tree she had just come from. Kneeling down she ripped open the black makeshift bindings, though she really didn't need to. Reynions lower leg was black and Taurewen knew that even if she was at full strength her innate abilities would not be able to mend the dead flesh, she was surprised that he had even been able to stand, but as she removed the bindings she could see that it was spreading and that there was only one option left to her. She slowly raised her head and turned to Ceros as he stood over her supported by Ihwesta and shook her head, then turning back to Reynion her eyes filled with sorrow she told him that she would have to remove his leg, else the infection spread to the rest of his body.

"I will need water!" she told Ceros as the others again helped Reynion to his feet, He nodded and let Taurëwen lead the way. She had heard a stream to the south east so she made for it the others helping Reynion and the still weak Ceros behind her. 'Why had he not told me of his injury when we returned to from the spiders lair? and why did I not see that he was hurting?" she sighed and as she looked up she saw the stream. Her heart was suddenly heavier that she had ever imagined possible as she knelt down by the stream next to Reynion and told the others that she would require, "water; fire and a sharp long knife or dagger!"

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

And just to let you all know I will be absent from this Rpg from Wednesday to Monday. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

But I am confident that I have told Tinuviel enough via pm for her to continue alone [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
But if you what to know more pm me before Wednesday [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2003, 12:10 PM   #247
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Maika here is may post for Ceros (I know its not long, but I didn't feel the need for it). I think it will work better if you out in Nerindel's then mine and finally Tinuviel's.

Quote:
“What do you make of this?” Gilbereth said “I found it on one of the dead orcs”

Ceros took the helmet from Gilbereth’s hands and examined it, turning it over and then tracing his left hand gingerly over the red eye. He had never seen any such mark before and he dreaded this new evil that it brought with it. His heart was disturbed by the new findings; no good would come of them.

“This is new to me. I have seen many orc and many have fallen by me. But never in all my years have I seen such markings,” he whispered to Gilbereth, “But no good can come of this finding and I dread that there is worse to come. Thank you for informing me of this Gilbereth. But we can’t delay leaving any longer than we have let us…”

”Ceros!” Hissed Ihwesta coming up behind him. He turned and looked upon her as she motion to Taurëwen. The She- Elf was bent over Reyn, her face full of concern and distress. Ceros threw the helmet to the floor and the three made their way over to Reyn and Taurëwen.

As he drew nearer Taurëwen looked up at him she was very upset as she told them that Reyn’s leg would need to be severed. Ceros rubbed his forehead, this was not good. Reyn was a valuble member of the company, as was everyone else. Ceros could not afford to loose any of them.

“I will need water,” Taurëwen told Ceros as she rose beside him. The others helped Reyn up and Taurëwen lead the way back to the river. The company entered the dark forest again; the air was stagnant and stale and not a sound could be heard but the oncoming river.

When the reached Reyn was lain down onto the hard ground beside the river. Before Taurëwen joined her patient she mumbled under her breath, “Why had he not told me of his injury when we returned to from the spiders lair? And why did I not see that he was hurting?" Ceros replied.

”’Tis not you fault, it is no ones but those wretched creatures,”

He was not sure that she had heard him as she fell to the floor beside Reyn, she told the rest what she would need:

“water; fire and a sharp long knife or dagger!"
Oh and thanks Nerindel for letting us know.

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 09-22-2003, 12:14 PM   #248
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Thank you Nerindel. That will do very nicely. Congratulations to your sister-in-law and don't worry about your absense. It will be covered. Have fun!

Tinuviel: You can either PM me your post or put it up here and I will transfer it to the saved place on the RPG.

Now to write our arrival at Amon Lanc. I will include the fact that Reynion is now legless. --Did anyone else's 'tasteless' Mum use this as a "funny" term for Legolas? Mine definitely did... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]--

Cheers!

-Maikafanawen

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 09-22-2003, 05:08 PM   #249
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

No, my mother has more taste than that and Reyn is not LEGLESS, he still has one of them.

Here's my post:

Stunned, Reyn could only stare at Taurëwen. "Cut it off? But how—what can—what use could I possibly be with only one leg?" The idea sickened him. Lose the leg entirely? He'd expected to need a long time of recuperation for the wound, but could it really be so bad as to need amputation? There was no way he could even begin to grasp the consequences of such a thing. If he had only one leg, how could he live alone in the middle of the forest the way he did? How would he even manage to live alone among the other elves? He would have to live with his father again. And that he would not do.

"Is there no way to save it?" he asked, not daring to hope. He already knew the answer. If she said that he had to lose the leg or die, she spoke truth. He would be a cripple. A freak. There were no elves that were crippled in this manner. A few Men, yes, but never elves. None he knew of, at least. Surely, surely there was a way to save his leg. He just couldn't face a future of living on the charity of others. The idea horrified him. To depend on someone else for the very staples of existence, that, that would be terrible. He would have none of the independence he so loved. That, most of all, would be the worst thing about this whole business.

"I'm sorry, Reynion."

"You needn't be. It's not your fault." No, no, it was his own fault. He should have done something about it immediately. He shouldn't have tried to hide how bad it was. He should have, he should have. There was no use wasting time this way. "Let's do it." He looked at his legs, and knew that this would probably be one of the last times he would ever see both whole. It was like dying, at least partially.

He refused to let her put him to sleep for the operation. It would hurt dreadfully, she warned, but he didn't care. There was no way that he would be sleeping, oblivious to his loss. He didn't want to go to sleep whole, and wake up in pieces. He knew that she would do her best not to cause him undue pain, but he couldn't bear to look into any of the others' eyes. He didn't want to see the pity there. He knew it would be, just as it had been there when Gilbereth had lost a hand to the spiders. It had been in his own eyes, he knew. Somehow, he felt that he could understand the younger elf better now. At least he was given a little time to get used to the idea. For Gil, it had been hardly a moment, in the heat of battle.

They tried to make certain that there were no orcs or spiders about before Taurëwen set up for the operation. It was a surprisingly peaceful glade, with a little stream running through one corner. Reyn knew that Taurëwen had chosen that glade because there was a stream. They would all want to wash their hands once she was through.

"Are you sure?" she asked him a final time, meaning would he please let her put him to sleep for the duration. He shook his head, adamant. He didn't trust his voice. She told him to lie down, and had Ceros and Ainemetion sit one at each of his shoulders, to hold him down during the operation itself. It did not reassure him that she thought he would need to be held down.

He closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them. "Do it." Taurëwen nodded, trying to meet his eyes and reassure him, but he looked away. He didn't want any pity, from anyone. Especially not from her. Instead, he looked at the leg, now bared nearly to his hip. It was swollen and red above the knee, with angry swirls of color around the wound itself, while below the wound was black rotted flesh. It looked like a piece of meat, or perhaps that painter had lost his temper and dashed his palette against the canvas. It felt as though it were afire. He gritted his teeth, as she set blade to flesh.

If he'd thought that it was painful before, that was nothing compared to the pain when the blade parted his flesh and sliced deep into the muscle of his thigh. He arched his back, fighting to keep from screaming in agony. Ceros and Ainemetion leaned on his shoulders to keep him from thrashing. Taurëwen pressed down on his good leg, and sliced deeper into his leg. Reynion gritted his teeth again, determined that he would not scream. By the time Taurëwen had begun to saw through the bone, he wished he'd allowed her to send him to sleep; being awake for this was more painful than he'd imagined. He cried out, the last of his pride eroded by the intense pain.

Then, mercifully, the world went dark.

Reyn woke some time later with a mild headache. It paled in comparison with the dull throbbing pain from what was left of his left leg, but that was a far cry from its former pain and quite bearable. What was unbearable was the fact that his own stupidity in hiding the wound from Taurëwen had cost him his leg entirely. He was a cripple now. He would always be a cripple. For a moment, Reynion nearly gave in to the tears that threatened to seep out of his tightly closed eyes, but that moment passed soon enough. He wouldn't give any more cause for the others to pity him. He would not weep.

Someone tapped him on the shoulder. From the faint scent of herbs, and the gentleness of the touch, he knew it was Taurëwen. She was the last person he wanted to see. He didn't want her pity. He had wanted her affection, even, perhaps, her love. But now, certainly all she would find in her heart would be pity, if even that. He almost would have preferred dying to this half-life he saw stretching out before him. Perhaps there was no 'almost' about it. Perhaps d.eath would be preferable. Perhaps he'd been fooling himself when he thought that Taurëwen might possibly feel anything more for him than respect. And surely even that must be gone now.

He had never felt quite so miserable in all of his thousands of years. All he wanted to do was weep, but he refused to do even that. There would be no more show of weakness from him. His pride was truly all he had left, for his sword was useless, and he had never recovered his daggers from the body of the spider, and how could he manage to shoot a bow with only one leg? And there would be centuries of this, millennia, even.

Taurëwen seemed to sense that he wanted to be left alone, because she said nothing, merely walked away, leaving him with his morose thoughts.

My, I am so cruel to my characters...
Old 09-22-2003, 08:20 PM   #250
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Oh my goodness Tinuviel. That was awesome!! I cried! Seriously, I swear I cried. How Reynion was talking about his halflife and how Taurewen couldn't possibly love him because all she'd feel is pity for him. *sniff* That was one of the best posts I think I've ever read. C'est magnifique!!! *wipes tear*

Right ... to paste ... *sniffs*

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-25-2003, 04:31 PM   #251
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright! To get us moving along I've captured us. If you want to post something prior to this event then just drop it here and I'll put it up before mine, sound good?

Well, I've described the interior of the fortress and the condition we're facing. We'll be put to work ... hard work. Make it juicy!

Cheers!

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-25-2003, 07:25 PM   #252
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

These orcs are going to have so much fun with Reyn, aren't they? Especially that half-orc...

Will post very soon. I have to let my little sister get on for a little while, but I'll write a post in the interim, and put it up as soon as she's done.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #253
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

For the sake of this quick ending, I think it would be a good idea to include the others a lot in your posts. Make sure you know the style of their character though before you do this. Especially if you're going to have them do a lot of speaking, or decision-making.

We need to plow through this because I want to be out of Amon Lanc with whomever we're rescuing and whomever we're leaving behind by September 30th.

Also, if you want to make a secondary character that we'll find in The Cage, please use the following outline and paste it here on the discussion thread before using him or her in your post. You can fill this out extremely briefly. One sentence or a few words should do fine. Just touch on the most important aspects.

Quote:
Name:

Age/Race/Gender:

Appearance: (Include current condition if he/she harbors any wounds etc...)

Personality:

HISTORY: (Include relation to your character if any or position they held in the realm. That's all you'll need.)
Okay, that's it for now. I'll check back in here tomorrow morning after I drive around for a while. (Stay off the sidewalks Eladain!)

Cheers!
Maikafanawen
Old 09-26-2003, 09:17 PM   #254
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll try to post sometime this weekend.
(gah! you're driving Miaka?!? I'll be at work, so I don't think I have to worry too much though)
Old 09-27-2003, 11:39 AM   #255
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

NOTE

Whoever posts next, will you please put us in Amon Lanc.

Thanks,
Maikafanawen
Old 09-28-2003, 02:17 AM   #256
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

We are now in Amon Lanc. We have been split into groups of male and female and been told what to do. Rhtalk does not know what to do with Reyn yet. Seeing as it is still day they are going to be sent to the cages with the other Elves.

So whoever posts next could they put the company in the cages.

Thanks

Arien
Old 09-28-2003, 12:20 PM   #257
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Awesome posts!

Quote:
Ceros’ eyes widened as the opening front doors revealed a dark hall in front of them. The chill from the hall reached right down into his heart .... his voice ricocheted off the icy walls
This is good for the first introduction and categorization of our characters to their places, but we're not supposed to be in the Tower. Let's focus the rest of the time at the machinery (for the females) and army training (for the males).

Quote:
it is nearing the height of the sun and we were lucky we weren’t scorched trying to get them here
Half-orcs are not affected by the sun. Goblins are, but half-orcs are not.

Tinuviel: I'm curious, are you English? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

We've two days until our departure from Amon Lanc.

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-28-2003, 01:54 PM   #258
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Ok, I changed the sun thing; thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t intend for us to stay any longer in the Tower. It was only a gathering place so that the Elves could be sorted. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that; that’s why I mentioned to the next person who posts if they could place us in the cages. I hope that clears everything up.

Arien
Old 09-28-2003, 04:01 PM   #259
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Maika: No, I am not English. Why?

Rhtalk is going to put Reyn on the machines, since he can hardly do much good in an army. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can't post at the moment, but I will put up a save.

Nerindel: Shall I write for Talas, since he'll have more interaction with Reyn, or shall I let you?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:01 PM   #260
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Hi all, I'm back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Great posts everyone [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Tinuviel Yes! it would be great if you could write for Talas, just remember that Taurëwen and her brother were very close, practically everything she knows about swordplay,tracking and woodskills was taught to her by him. I see this bond as what eventually breaks the spell placed upon him. Taurëwen's history in her bio should give you an good idea of their relationship.

ok, now to go and work on a new post for Taurëwen, be back soon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 04:40 PM   #261
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Tinuviel and Nerindel: Remember that if Talas is going to be a secondary character, he needs to have a short vignette posted here on the Discussion thread. The outline is above in a previous post.

Tinuviel: I ask because it sort of appears that you've given your orcs a somewhat Scottishy accent. I took momentary offense. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] No, just kidding. But I sounded out the words just as you'd written and it fit quite nicely to it ... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] LoL

Today and tomorrow are the last days we have to be in Dol Guldur. I suggest that posts should harbor a full day for your character and be descriptive (hmm...gory... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ). I'll do a post for Ihwesta's day tonight (ergh, fencing) so probably tomorrow after work. Then Wednesday we'll escape. Thursday we'll recover, and Friday we'll make it home and tie up loose ends.

I am so sorry this turned out to be a rushed game but I was a bit thrown off about end date times. I thought we had ten more days, Sorry!

-Maikafanawen

[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 09-29-2003, 09:13 PM   #262
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Okey Dokey, Tauréwen's post is up, enjoy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

just to mix things up a bit she is being watched by Rhtalk,I visioned him being fascinated in her strength and defiance, also I see him being curious as too how she is able to remain in self-control. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

But do I have this right he also has a liking for Arië's youthful beauty?

Maika are you British then?
Old 09-30-2003, 05:40 PM   #263
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I'd do well to follow my own preachings eh?

Quote:
Name: Rhtalk

Age: old enough to be in charge, young enough to be physically adept and cunning
Race: half-orc

Appearance: (Include current condition if he/she harbors any wounds etc...) [LOTR ROLE PLAYING CORE BOOK]: "...They have sallow faces and sly, slanting eyes, but their height and build is more like that of Men. Most half-orcs, while their appearance is noteworthy, can pass as a normal Man..." Rhtalk has a very imposing appearance with shoulder length dark brown hair containing random, hereditary streaks of black. He has broad shoulders and a very muscular physique.

Personality: Power lustful. He enjoys his commanding position. He fears the Necromancer. He doesn't have any attraction towards female elves, this can and will fall to the lesser orcs but not to the man in charge. He feels no compassion, respect, or incredulity towards anyone and cares for his own benefit and the strengthening of his Master. He is very evil and cruel.

History: (Include relation to your character if any or position they held in the realm. That's all you'll need.) None of importance.
It's only been sitting on my desktop for the past week. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] DOn't bother about editing your posts though. Let's just keep moving w/ this knowledge now. Three days left!

Gilbereth: There is no way you're getting away with the murder of two orcs. The punishment will be instant death or imprisonment in the Tower where you will not be able to write for Gilbereth and therefore must leave the game. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can say this because I know you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding. Is this how you want your character to perish? Or would you rather edit your post? I think now would be as good a time to say goodbye as any.

Nerindel: Can you specify to whom you're speaking when you inform them about the knife? You never say... Thanks.

Nerindel: Residing in the US, my Mum is half and half, Scottish and English. A nasty combination if you know anything about their history but Grandmother (scottish) really wanted to marry Grandfather (english). *Throws hands in the air* What are ye gonna do? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 09-30-2003, 07:02 PM   #264
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Miaka:I know that killing orcs will lead to death. When they find out who did it Gil'll be taken before Rhtalk, and, well you'll just have to see what I have planned [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 09-30-2003, 07:40 PM   #265
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Eladain: I'm going to remind you that we have one day to finish in Dol Guldur and we can not wait for you to post. We're going to move on with lengthy days posts and you'll have to squeeze Gilbereth's heroic end probably at the end of your most recent post because Nerindel's and mine posts will cover a long period of time and it wouldn't fit if Gilbereth was punished a week or so after the crime was committed.

Nerindel: You will probably have to alter your post a little to accomodate Gilbereth's end.

Secondary Characters:

Quote:
Name: Rydian
Appearance: Somewhat thin, flaxen hair, tall. Elves' hunting/arching garb.
Personality: Shy, honest, and dependable.
History: Son of Greenwood's #1 archer. Younger brother of Thillersk.

Name: Thillersk
Appearance: A muscular but trim build. He also has yellowish hair but it’s a bit darker than his brother's. Tall. Elves' hunting/arching garb.
Personality: Much like Ceros. Outspoken, honorable, and brave.
History: Eldest son of Greenwood's #1 archer. Older brother of Rydian.

Name: Dorienne
Age: c2300 Gender: female Race: Silvan Elf with some Sindar
Appearance: Strikingly handsome with thick wavy black hair. Also very tall, nearly the same height of Rydian, maybe a tad shorter. She wears the rags and remains of a dark purple velvet dress that was covered with a diaphanous robe that is near disintegrated in the pollution of Amon Lanc.
Personality: Regal and honest. She has a strong will and a good deal of wisdom. She is very much the mother of the Caged Elves. No cruel words escape her lips nor words of insurrection. She is patient and kind, willing to work until the end—whatever that may be.
History: Noblewoman of Greenwood. She holds a high place and is married to Toryan, a well-liked man of "governmental" (for lack of a better elvish term) stature.

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-30-2003, 08:40 PM   #266
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Right, I'll try to post tomorrow. didn't realize we were that short on time.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:50 PM   #267
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I'm so sorry that my Save has been up for two days; I haven't been able to get on the computer and post. Things have been hectic, what with rehearsals and homework, etc. Sorry!

Here's Talas' bio:

Quote:
Name:Talas

Age/Race/Gender:3174/Elf/Male

Appearance: (Include current condition if he/she harbors any wounds etc...)Tall about 6ft 4", he has shoulder length golden hair, which at the time of this tale is dirty and tangled, his eyes are a silvery grey and at the moment his complextion is grey, from exhaustion,lack of food and dust and grim.

His leggings and tunic were once forest green but they are now so wore their colour is unrecognisible and they look like they would fall apart in an instant.

He also has a number of whip lashes to his back, arms and legs, and he walks about in a tranced state.

Personality:Talas was friendly, loyal and confident, he was a strong warrior and held a strong sense of duty, He and Taurëwen were very close, he lookes out for her and taught her swordsmanship, and wood skills.

HISTORY: (Include relation to your character if any or position they held in the realm. That's all you'll need.)Talas is Taurëwen's older brother and he was a fighter in Thranduil's army, until he was captured by orcs on the borders of his woodland home. After many beatings Talas finally surcomed to the darkness that entered his mind and know he is controlled by another and is made to work for the orcs.
I will put my post up before I get off the computer tonight, I promise!
Old 10-01-2003, 03:51 AM   #268
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Nerindel: Can you specify to whom you're speaking when you inform them about the knife? You never say... Thanks.
Oops! all fixed, it was Ceros She was talking to.

Quote:
Nerindel: Residing in the US, my Mum is half and half, Scottish and English. A nasty combination if you know anything about their history but Grandmother (scottish) really wanted to marry Grandfather (english). *Throws hands in the air* What are ye gonna do?
Hehe, I know what thats like I'm half and half myself, my Father is Scottish and my Mother is English. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Nerindel: You will probably have to alter your post a little to accomodate Gilbereth's end.
No problem [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I will edit my post once Gilbereths end is posted.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:49 PM   #269
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Righty oh then! The elves are free to go now. Have fun getting out.

Thanks! it's been great RPGing with y'all! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 03:53 PM   #270
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Very pretty job Eladain. Good luck with your RPGing career and hopefully I'll get the pleasure of playing with you again sometime. Cheers!

Nerindel: Ooh neat! I'm only 25% each English and Scottish though, my dad's of a different nationality.

Alright, we'll finish escaping tonight and tomorrow morning. I'll drop in Ainemetion's Demise after I get out of school tomorrow and wrap up Dol Guldur. In a post or two be back at Greenwood. Forget about Rhtalk coming after us if I mentioned that in the Outline. We'll just get out and get home and finish up.

Does this work for everyone?

Also, we have another expendable character: Eruwen. If you can come up with a good honorable death for a female elf feel free to post it. Otherwise, we'll just drag her home with us along with all the surviving Succumbed and whoever lives the battle. (I want my secondary characters to survive, althought I'm considering disposing of either Rydian or Thillersk. You know, brothers never make it, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).

Any questions?

Before we finish up for good, I want to put an extra thanks out to Arien for being a spectacular Owner and inviting me to this outstanding game. I also want to thank Tinuviel, Nerindel, Everdawn, and Eladain for sticking with us for the entire game. You guys are spectacular writers and I loved RPGing with you!

Thanks again!

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-01-2003, 04:03 PM   #271
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Pio has just PMed me asking if Arien and I would like more time to complete the RPG. It wouldn't be impossible to finish Friday, but would a few more days be nice? I think so. What say you all to closing the 8th of October instead?

I'll see what Arien wants us to do and then we'll move on. Let's keep going though, I don't want to spend too much longer on this for fiddle's sake. Sound good?

As of now we'll count on the 8th of October.

Arien, if you could, PM me about what you think we should do. We don't need too much extra time but I'd hate to cram in a good ending in two more afternoons. I'd sort of like the weekend. What do you think?

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-01-2003, 07:04 PM   #272
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

YES!!! More time would be wonderful; I keep thinking I'm going to miss something important the way things are going.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:17 PM   #273
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

This is a wonderfully played game - by all means make a brilliant ending!!!

October 8th, it is then!

~~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 02:31 AM   #274
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Yeah! more time, Fantastic! Thanks Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
“Mine…” Replied Taurëwen holding close to her side so the others could see. It gleamed in the light and the Elves’ eyes lit up with a new hope.
Can everyone who had Taurëwen saying the knife was her's please change this as the knife is not her's it is Reynion's and he didn't know she had it? try changing "Mine..." to "This one...". Thanks [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Talas is another character that has to die, saving or helping Reynion preferably, it would be nice to have him or Taurewen kill Rhtalk [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] what do you think?

[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 10-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #275
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Just so y'all know, I added a little more to my last post. Nothing important, just fleshed it out a little. Enjoy
Old 10-02-2003, 02:45 PM   #276
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Pio, Thank you very much for giving us till the 8th. Now we can have a good ending instead of a rushed one!

Good posts everyone, and we will miss Gilbereth! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #277
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

The 8th it is! Perfect.

So how does this sound: We'll make our journey home on Saturday, October 4th. Back in the realm we'll have three to four days to wrap things up. That will be much better. Can you see us trying to do that by tomorrow? Uff da! as the Swedes say. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Great posting guys!

Nerindel: That'd be fine if one of them killed Rhtalk. If you were to ask me, I'd say Reynion should. That way his sense of purpose is renewed. He deserves it I'd say!

Cheers!
-Maikafanawen
Old 10-02-2003, 04:01 PM   #278
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Nerindel: That'd be fine if one of them killed Rhtalk. If you were to ask me, I'd say Reynion should. That way his sense of purpose is renewed. He deserves it I'd say!
Oh! Yes! that does sound better [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] What say you Tinuviel?
Old 10-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #279
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Oh, that will make Reynion happy! Mostly, anyway. He'll still feel the loss of his leg keenly. I will write that into my next post.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:45 PM   #280
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Farewell Gilbereth we miss you loads already [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyone Taurewen has finally found a little happiness so please try not to take it away from her too soon, as Tinuviel and I have plans for the growing relationship between our Characters. Thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]