Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #161
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

And my save was because I had exactly fifteen minutes on the computer, and did not have my post to hand. I'm heading there to post right now.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:37 PM   #162
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Nerindel---

Just to let you know, you mentioned something in your latest post about Eruwen having a sword. I think the quote was...

Quote:
She could hear Eruwen's bow ringing or was it her sword she could not tell over the hissing and clacking of the spiders infront of her,
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that Eruwen doesn't have a sword. I mentioned in my character profile this comment...

Quote:
She carries nothing other than a wooden bow crafter by her father and a small dagger.
So...ya know, I just wanted to let you know for further posts.

EDIT: Also, just to let everyone else here know...I'm not going to be here Wednesday through Saturday morning. I think that's the 20-23 of August. I could probably squeeze in another post before then, but still.

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Old 08-20-2003, 04:17 AM   #163
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

*cough, cough* ehm...Group A where are you!

Taurėwen is getting worried that no-one will come to save them! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

anyway seriously I think if Maika wants us to reach Dol Guldur by Sept 6th (2wks Saturday) we should move on, after all we still have the river to cross and orcs and other foul beasts that await us on the other side to contend with!

Eruwen sorry about the sword I will change it right away [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Tinuviel great post [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 09:15 AM   #164
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Nerindel: Don’t worry, Im still here out of group A if anyone else isn’t. Strangely I havn’t seen maika around here for a couple of days now…. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Anyways, if I find that Group B hasn’t been saved in some kind of way by tomorrow morning I will do the honours.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 04:56 PM   #165
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I just noticed this, but what dialogue I gave the spiders looks remarkably like that of Gollum.

Group A: Reynion's wound is kind of messy, so you'll need to wrap it up somehow before you go to rescue Group B. Also, there is no way in all of Arda that he will let on how much it hurts, but allow me to assure you, it is extremely painful.

Nerindel: Thanks.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:11 PM   #166
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

*Maikafanawen runs in out of breath and drops schoolbooks on the floor, knocking over her fencing bag. She quickly types into the computer opening the RPG.*

I know! I know, I've been bad. I almost wasn't going to get on today! Turns out tenth year's harder than I thought! Anywho, it's very very late on my end of the world--for me anyways--and I've got *pant* school tomorrow. I promise, cross my heart hope to die, that I'll get on tomorrow, read everything and post and do the good ownership stuff I'm supposed to!

I have guilt. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-21-2003, 07:18 AM   #167
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Um, just so everyone knows, GIL'S NOT DEAD! everyone keeps on saying "he was apparently dead" but he's not, not yet anyway.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:15 PM   #168
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I know he's not d.ead, Eladain. But he's lying on the ground unconscious, and Reyn didn't exactly have time to examine him further. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 08:00 PM   #169
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Sorry kids but I can't post today either--way too much homework. Tomorrow's Friday though so I'll definitely have time. Really really really sorry but it can't be helped.

You guys keep going though! Arien & Nerindel will lead ye right until I get my feet back on the ground I'm sure.

Thanks!

-Maikafanawen

PS ELADAIN!! I finally ordered my new fencing stuff!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] GO ME!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 04:19 PM   #170
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Heyho!

Alright, my post is up! Go me right?

Anywho ... while Ihwesta is fighting Gonungol, everyone can tend to the trapped comrades and whatnot but don't finish the fight between my character and Gonungol. When I get back from babysitting I'll complete it.

THanks!!!

-Maikafanawen

[ August 23, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 08-22-2003, 10:23 PM   #171
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

White-Hand

Sorry Nerindel, it looks like Gil won't be needing that bow afterall. It's kinda hard to shoot a bow with only one hand.

So let's all give Gil a big hand. He won't be very handy at fighting, but maybe he can use a handgun.He sure is a handsome fellow *starts laughing uncontrollably* *wipes a tear away* Ok, sorry guys, I just had too

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 08-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #172
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

*exhales deeply* Phew! That was enervating!

Alright, the battle with the spiders is OVER. We are now moving to a clearing to regroup. Judging by our situation, it will take a good while to recover before we move on again. (Of course this will be summed up in one or two posts). Our next stop will be the river:

Quote:
After their escape they come upon a river rushing too fast for any to swim and to wide for any to jump. They must find a way to get across.

On the other side awaits darker things that were not able to cross the river into the brighter parts of the realm. They are immediately attacked by orcs.

After a narrow defeat, they find sanctuary in a cave before torrential, black rains pound the forest. This floods the river and causes more problems for the elves that they circumvent only just. (I'm thinking that the cave is sort of ground level to the river so that while the elves sleep(?) the water seeps in and sort of blocks their way out so that they have to swim out of the cave).

They are now very close to Dol Guldur. It is now only a matter of days...

We will decide when the time comes what they find or do not find at Dol Guldur. Please read all you can about Greenwood during the infestation of the Necromancer so that you don’t post in the wrong. Here is a good site: http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.htm
Ace posting guys! Thanks!

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-25-2003, 01:27 PM   #173
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Wow! Great post Nerindel!

Tinuviel: I think it would work better if you posted after Nerindel. That way you could have Reynion watch her work and what not then maybe find her later in the forest where she sleeps if not to speak with her then just to sort of watch over her. Just a suggestion.

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-25-2003, 06:49 PM   #174
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Okay, I'll do that, Maika. I just didn't want the game to get ahead of me because my computer time has been greatly curtailed lately.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:51 PM   #175
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

I understand completely, Tinuviel. We definitely won't leave you behind! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-26-2003, 06:35 PM   #176
Eruwen

Tolkien

Just to let everyone know, I have not forgotten about the RPG. I am merely just putting together my post and it is taking a little longer than I expected due to having school to deal with again. I will post soon, I promise! I just don't want anyone to think that I've left the game, for I haven't. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #177
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

OH no... isn't that something like what Kates said before her *gasp* pulled out? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding Eruwen. I was just about to PM you!

I will not be able to check up tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday. Just so you know.

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-27-2003, 04:48 AM   #178
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
"Ceros I need you to hold down Gil, I have to sear the stump to stop the bleeding or he will die from the loss!" Ceros did as she asked and held Gil's shoulders. Eruwen her hands heavily soaked in Gil's blood held his legs, realising what Taurėwen meant to do. lifting the now red hot blade from the fire she placed it on Gilbereth's stump searing the end and preventing both the bleeding and any infection. She winced as Gil awoke screaming with the added pain she had inflicted, but it was short lived as he passed out once more, the smell of burnt flesh filled the glade as she made up a yarrow root pulice and applied it to the wound, then with Ceros's help she bound up the stump, telling him to make sure that Gil also drank the sage soaked infusion. "It will numb the pain." she told them softly

Taurėwen then got up and walked, where she did not know or care she just had to get away. She only got as far as the outskirts of the clearing when she fell to her knees, exhausted both physically and mentally. The tears streamed down her face stinging the scratch one of the spiders had given her. "Why is this happening?" she cried staring at her blood soaked hands "I swear that I will not Rest until I see this darkness defeated" she yelled defiantly into the darkness of the trees, then she fell against the nearest tree and let her tears for herself, her friends and the once great wood fall, until her eyes had no more to give.
Arien Ceros helped Taurėwen aid Gilbereth! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Also Taurėwen is no longer in the clearing, but she left clear instructions to both Ariė and Ceros to administor the sage infusion to both Ihwesta and Gilbereth once they regained consciousness. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 05:25 AM   #179
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Question

Ah, I have fixed it!

I guess that is what happens when you post in the morning! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Right to the game:

Quote:
WE ARE HERE: After their escape they come upon a river, rushing too fast for any to swim and to wide for any to jump. They must find a way to get across...

On the other side awaits darker things that were not able to cross the river into the brighter parts of the realm. They are immediately attacked by orcs...

After a narrow defeat, they find sanctuary in a cave before torrential, black rains pound the forest. This floods the river and causes more problems for the elves that they circumvent only just...

They are now very close to Dol Guldur. It is now only a matter of days...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We will decide when the time comes what they find or do not find at Dol Guldur.

If you want to add some more obstacles for us to encounter post your idea here and either Arien or I will approve and add it to the Outline.
We are staying the night in the clearing, then in the morning we will pack up and be off to meet the river [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .

I think we should have left the clearing and be heading for the river around Thursday night, so we can get to the river around Friday/ Saturday.......Its that ok? Good! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 08-28-2003, 11:17 AM   #180
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, everyone

I've posted again [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] I haven't moved us on Taurėwen just had to retreive her sword, she got Gil's too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Don't worry Tinuviel She will return Rey's knife soon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arien feel free to have Ceros speak stern word too her when and if he figures out what she did, but be warned she will not metion that Rey was with her [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 12:04 PM   #181
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

NerindelThan-you for getting Gil's sword, he'd rather lose his hand than that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

btw, in my next post (hopefully tonight) I'll have Gil give Taurėwen his bow, he won't be needing it anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #182
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Question

Nerindel the stern words have been spoken! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Umm... if the next person who post could do the their duty and move us on to morn and the leaving of the glade.....It would be much appriciated! Thanks....
Old 08-28-2003, 04:34 PM   #183
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Uh...I think I've moved us on yes? Sort of somewhat. It says that Ceros admonished Ihwesta until they were ready to leave etc... Does this count? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Good! Well um yeah! Onwards!

-Maikafanawen

PS - I know I said I wouldn't be able to post but this RPG is just so much fun and I can't stay away!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

PPS - Who here has bought the Two Towers DvD already? I DID!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's the bestest ever!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #184
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Alrighty then, I moved us up to the morning.

If there are any changes anyone wants me to make to my post, just PM me.

P.S. yes I got TTT, it's freakin' awesome!
Old 08-29-2003, 01:51 AM   #185
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Eladain you left your signature on your last post on the RPG. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ok, I'm working on a post noe that will get us to the river. It should be posted by the end of today.

Arien

PS I had to rent the DVD.......it was great but I have to wit until the EE comes out [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] !
Old 08-29-2003, 01:57 AM   #186
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

If you find an edit by me on your Game posts - it is most likely due to you leaving your sig on and me removing it.

~~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2003, 03:47 AM   #187
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
I know I said I wouldn't be able to post but this RPG is just so much fun and I can't stay away!!!
hehe, I know what you mean [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eladain thank you for the bow, Taurėwen will take good care of it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and put it to good use [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Does anyone have any Idea's as how we are going to cross the river when we get to it?

Ps- I got the DVD on saturday, it is fantastic, but I still don't like Faramir [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
But I will probably still buy the EE when it comes out [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2003, 06:44 AM   #188
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Gah! Sorry about forgitting to take my sig off, I was in a hurry and it must have slipped my mind.

NerindelIt was Gil's pleasure. I'm sure she will put it to good use, so many foes of Greenwood, so little time. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ August 29, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 08-29-2003, 11:04 AM   #189
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Ah, my SAVE has been filled and we are now at the river. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Err, has anyone got any ideas how we are going to cross it. We could swim, no wait they would get washed down stream. Maybe swing across on an overhanging vine? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hey I'm desprate [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] !
Old 08-29-2003, 11:13 AM   #190
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Use some of the destroyed trees to make a pontoon bridge, or a raft
Old 08-29-2003, 12:22 PM   #191
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Eye

How about this : We attach rope to a tree then with an arrow and we fire the other end across the river into a *gasp* tree, then the lightest and uninjuried amongst us crosses the the rope to the other side and secures it for the others, perhaps even securing a second rope a little higher up, or if we don't have rope we could use the vines??? what do you think ?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:28 PM   #192
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I think Nerindel has the best idea so far, I think a raft would get carried down stream quickly and take quite long to make, longer than the Elves want to stay there anyway.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #193
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Quote:
How about this : We attach rope to a tree then with an arrow and we fire the other end across the river into a *gasp* tree, then the lightest and uninjuried amongst us crosses the the rope to the other side and secures it for the others, perhaps even securing a second rope a little higher up
Great idea!! I'd definitely say put up the second rope too for Gil especially. He'll never make it across on just one.

Make it exciting too! The most fun I had posting was in The Summons (run by Burzdol and Himaran) when we have to cross the Anduin by Amon Hen and we had horses! Oi it was so fun ... yah ... good times ... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sensibly Arie is the lightest and must uninjured so we should probably send her.

Well, Nerindel, if you want since it's your idea, propose the idea then leave off where the company decides on Arie to cross--give in a good fighting word from Ihwesta at her defense--and then Everdawn can post Arie's mini-adventure!

Sound good?

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-29-2003, 05:51 PM   #194
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

If I may make a suggestion of change to the plan to cross the river...

How about they shoot it into the ground at the edge instead of a tree? Then Arie can walk across (remember the elves doing that in Lothlorien?). For the injured elves (Reyn will not count himself among this category, btw) Arie can tie a rope to a tree at waist height for them to have something to hold onto.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:14 PM   #195
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Hey, the spider bloody bit Gil's hand off, not his foot. He can cross on one rope, you don't need to go to any extra trouble on his account.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:41 AM   #196
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

[/I]
Quote:
How about this : We attach rope to a tree then with an arrow and we fire the other end across the river into a *gasp* tree, then the lightest and uninjuried amongst us crosses the the rope to the other side and secures it for the others, perhaps even securing a second rope a little higher up, or if we don't have rope we could use the vines??? what do you think ?

Ah! i see good work! Jeez, im guessing Ariė is feeling more special by the minute... As for Gil.. you guys remember that Elves have great balance dont you? im thinking we shal only need the one rope.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 08-30-2003, 07:29 AM   #197
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Make it exciting too! The most fun I had posting was in The Summons (run by Burzdol and Himaran) when we have to cross the Anduin by Amon Hen and we had horses! Oi it was so fun ... yah ... good times ...
Ah! I remember it well..... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Well, Nerindel, if you want since it's your idea, propose the idea then leave off where the company decides on Arie to cross--give in a good fighting word from Ihwesta at her defense--and then Everdawn can post Arie's mini-adventure!
Yes I would have liked to, but it seems Everdawn beat me to it [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
How about they shoot it into the ground at the edge instead of a tree? Then Arie can walk across (remember the elves doing that in Lothlorien?). For the injured elves (Reyn will not count himself among this category, btw) Arie can tie a rope to a tree at waist height for them to have something to hold onto
Yes I think Taurėwen would have prefered this [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
As for Gil.. you guys remember that Elves have great balance dont you? im thinking we shal only need the one rope.
I was thinking for the two elves with injuried legs rather than Gil! I know elven healing is good but not that good that Ihwesta's leg would be healed enough for her balance not to be affected???? Taurėwen's a healer not a miracle worker [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I also find it hard to believe that between the eight of us, not one of us had rope, never mind not thinking to use it????
Taurėwen for one has rope:

Quote:
There on her bed was her pack and as her mother had said, it was already packed, she opened it to make sure everything was there, Lembas, dried fruits and nuts, a pair of beech grey leggings and two spare tunics, spare arrowheads and feathers, several water skins, as healer she needed more for cleaning wounds, rope and a few other things her father thought necessary.
And so does Ainemention:

Quote:
As Ainemetion carried his few belongings with him wherever he went, he saw no need for delay. Carefully, he checked the items off a mental list. His treasured knives, meticulously sharpened and cleaned, hung crossed behind his back; at his waist he carried a length of rope , a small knife he used for whittling, and a small pouch containing a pair of flints. When sure all was in order, he waited impatiently for the rest of the company. Now that the decision was made, he longed to be off.
Anyway just my observations [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2003, 09:54 AM   #198
Eruwen

Tolkien

Ok, I've finally posted again, and I am so sorry for not doing it before now. But I hope this makes up for it. Once again, sorry, and I will be posting more often now. I don't have another vacation coming up for a while. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #199
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

PLEASE CHECK BOTH THREADS BEFORE YOU POST ALWAYS --Thanks

Hadn't we agreed on rope? There was definitely enough to go around. And, I could be wrong, but I was thinking that vines would be a bit heavy to shoot across the river anyways.(?)

Quote:
you guys remember that Elves have great balance dont you?
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Elves are boring. But Ihwesta will probably have a little trouble crossing and those who were a bit dizzy with spider's poison might. Man, why did you have to bring that up?? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and when I said to make it exciting I was very serious. Now that Arie and Eruwen have crossed very easily they're going to have to be there to help rescue whoever falls in. AND I MEAN IT! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Everdawn: Did you miss where I had asked if Nerindel wanted to post first and then you pick up after her? Oh well.

Eladain: I don't care which part of Gil is missing be it his hand, foot, or head! You decided to make him among the wounded and he will be treated as such. So don't "bloody" tell the rest of us what we can and can not do to make his passage across the river safe! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Unless you'd rather he fell... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Good job everyone! We've had a brilliant line of posting!! I'm so proud *sniff* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And now I'm going to take about a hundred years off of all the characters, so if you'll excuse me ... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen

[EDIT]: I was going to let it go b/c I didn't think it'd make much a difference but Everdawn, if you don't mind, Could you perhaps edit your post so that we're using rope? I'm sorry but refering to the character bios and past posts, I think Taurewen wouldn't be too pleased if living things were cut from trees while we all have rope. It's just realistic. Thanks!

[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 08-30-2003, 12:10 PM   #200
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Alright, I did a short and quick post. Now whoever wants to can make anything else exciting happen as we try to save Ainemetion!

The closing date for this is October 3rd. As long as we're to Dol Guldur by the 15th of September, we should be in good shape so we have enough time to have an adventure!

Eladain: You're probably going to need to edit your post. It looks like I got there a few minutes before you did. Sorry.

***I cannot express the importance of reading both threads thoroughly before posting on the RPG thread. That is why we have a Discussion thread at the Barrow Downs so that things stay in order and flow smoothly. Please make a point to keep up with that.***

Thanks so much everyone!

-Maikafanawen