Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2003, 12:00 PM   #121
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Nova,

I've added a heading to your earlier post to show that you wrote it, since Himaran put up the save and it's under his moniker.

Cami
Old 07-31-2003, 12:31 PM   #122
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Oops!

Well actually, the one on the RPG thread is not the 'real' version. I had to edit some stuff, so the 'real' version will be at Flight From Rohan discussion thread page three. (It's the one with loads of edit marks.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Could any of you paste in that version and delete the other?

Sorry for the confusion..

Thank you!

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 07-31-2003, 02:38 PM   #123
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Novnarwen

Your edited post is now on the game.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:03 AM   #124
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

It appears that all saves have been filled, so the game can continue.

Since our time of travelling in Rohan is up, I will bring us to the gap and begin the warg attack. Other members of Brytta's company will continue it. Remember, all horses are lost and minor injuries may be sustained; (i.e. Broken arm from falling off of a horse).

The number of wargs attacking will be roughly 10, thus it would be easy for them to kill the 5 horses.

Himaran

[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 08-02-2003, 08:59 AM   #125
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks Pio for the editing thing!

I have posted now. Will do some editing tonight, check spelling and stuff. (Hadn't the time doing it now... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

Thanks again..

Please let me know if there should be changes..

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 08-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #126
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Shield

We are going to kill a couple of the wargs right?

and is it alright if Rochil gets thown from his horse?
Old 08-02-2003, 11:03 AM   #127
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Rochil probably needs to get thrown from the horse - since ALL of your horses are going to die. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #128
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

We need to move along, so I culmonated the warg attack in my single post.

HOWEVER I did leave a save for other player's battle posts, should they wish to do so. Simply place them in the discussion thread and Pio, Child or I will put them up.

What must occur now:

Brytta and his company trek north. They decide to stay off of the main road, and get lost east of it. They then meet Awyrgan.

Frea and company find the disaster at the field, and are filled with new hope. They pass by the place wear the group lost the path, and they continue north towards Bree.

Himaran
Old 08-05-2003, 07:37 AM   #129
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Dain Ironfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll try to get something up for Fréa later today, but it may be very late tonight.

Dain
Old 08-05-2003, 01:07 PM   #130
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have moved the company beyond the bounds of Rohan. They are now in Dunland, making for the ancient road that would take us northwest to Tharbad at the Greyflood River and from there up to Bree. It will be easy for the company to miss the road, as it is somewhat decayed, and overgrown.

We can go too far north, halting just before reaching Methedras (the last tall peak at the southern end of the Misty Mountains) and then turn west and be lost in the wilderness just south of the Sirranon River and the Glanduin River.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #131
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hi!

I just wrote a battle scene. (The time difference and all makes it impossible for me to always keep up. I wish I had written before, but the time....)

I don't think my post fits in there, (the last) because of the battle description, would anyone care to move it??

Thanks!

*nova*

I JUST MOVED YOUR POST BENEATH ENVINYATAR'S BATTLE POST - FITS IN WELL THERE [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~~ PIO

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-06-2003, 12:33 AM   #132
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Fréa has gotten his group to the Pass. Can someone in my group pick up from here scouting the area? Maybe find the remains of the dead horse or other evidence of battle which will be encouraging to us.

I do have a question. I might have missed it because I was on vacation before. Does our group know for sure Brytta was heading to Bree? When did they learn that? If we don't already know that, then why do we ride north and west after we get out of the Pass?

I assume we'd be heading north on the Old South Road towards the Greenway and eventually the Great East Road if we were heading to Bree.

Sorry if I missed something or am confused about this Bree thing. Himaran, Graitwa, Archim, Hama.....any ideas?

Dain
Old 08-06-2003, 02:52 AM   #133
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Dain

Here’s my reasoning for going Northwest. Having come through the Gap of Rohan, we are now in Dunland, the natives there are not all that friendly to the Men of the Mark (an ancient grudge).

Our group should by now realize that Brytta’s group is on foot. And I am thinking the Forgoils will reason that the Hyldesons will want to make for a friendly area of Men.

The easiest, quickest way to do that, would be for the Hyldesons to head up the Old North-South Road to Tharbad (We should stop there, and look for them.) Not finding them there, we could head for the next Mannish settlement – Bree. The Greenway (which is what the Old North-South Road is known as when it leaves Tharbad) ends in Bree, where it intersects the Great East-West Road. We can always think that they may have gotten horses somehow, and are ahead of us on the road.

Unfortunately, for the Forgoils at any rate, the Hyldesons have gotten off course and missed the overgrown track that used to be the ancient road and are now lost somewhere north of it. The Forgoil group should reach Bree before the Hyldeson group, and from there can scout the countryside.

Tinuviel

Perhaps Hama could find more dragged off horse remains a little to the south.

Dain

Since you are scouting back a little – which is where the actual warg attack took place (an hours hike south east of the Fords of Isen, just along the foothills near Helm's Deep), then you could find evidence of the killed wargs.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #134
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Piosenniel,

Thanks for the explanation. It was very helpful.

I did see why Brytta headed northwest, but wasn't sure if the Forgoils understood the ultimate goal was Bree and how they could justify heading there in the storyline. However, your idea about stopping in Tharbad and not having any luck, then assuming the Hyldesons replaced their horses and headed on to the next mannish settlement (Bree) makes a lot of sense.

I'll drop a note to remind Tinuviel to post or put a save on the thread. I'll also try to do another post tonight to find those dead wargs in the direction you've spelled out.

Again thanks for the help. Geography has never been my strong point! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just ask my teachers!

Dain
Old 08-07-2003, 01:02 PM   #135
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Alright - it looks as if the Hyldeson group is now set up to be lost in the sparsely populated wilds between the North-South Road and the River Sirannon to the north of it.

It is a low hilly area with some low-lying fertile areas nearer the road. Hillmen and shepherds sparsely populate this area.

I am supposing this is where the Ranger will find them . . . yes?

Hunters - the Forgoil/Hama group

The group of Hunters have now discovered all the horses are dead and that the escapees are on foot. They have reasoned that the escapees will head toard a safe Mannish settlement, avoiding any encounters with the foe of the Rohirrim - the Dunlanders, if possible.

The Hunters will go north a short way and find the grown over, Old South Road that leads up to Tharbad on the Greyflood River, thinking this is where they will find the escapees.

It is about 200 miles from the Hunters' present position to Tharbad - about 1 1/2 weeks of riding. We should sight the road after 2 days of riding north. The start of it should be just a little southeast of Methedras, the last tall peak of the Misty Mountains.

We will be on a much overgrown road going north west - a broad fertile plain will be to our left and on our right will also be fertile lands, broken up by small hilly rises.

Who wants to do a post for the Hunters getting them to the Road start?

After that, Hunters, we need posts encompassing two or three days of riding - thoughts on the countryside, irritations with the others in the group, etc. can all show up in this. Hunting might be poor and provisons getting short (perhaps they didn't plan that it would take this long to find the escapees). Whatever you want to do is good as the group passes along this long section of road.

Here is a map of the area we are all currently in:

MAP

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-08-2003, 07:09 AM   #136
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

There will be one final danger before the group meets Awyrgan. A group of Dunalanders will come down the road, causing Brytta and co to run off it into the brush. Then we get lost.

Pio, Dain, it is up to you if you want your company to have a run-in with the Dunlanders.

Himaran
Old 08-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #137
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awyrgan will be making an appearence soon in the game.

I am open to suggestions from all parties (in the discussion thread of course [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) for the quickest route to take, as ME geography isn't my strongest area.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:58 AM   #138
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Quote:
Hunting might be poor and provisons getting short (perhaps they didn't plan that it would take this long to find the escapees).
And of course Hama will be blamed for that as he is the one whom Frea sent to get provisions in the first place. One more reason for him to dislike the Forgoils, if they get mad at him for their lack of provisions. I sense tempers lost...
Old 08-08-2003, 11:47 AM   #139
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Tinuviel

Archim will be muttering and looking darkly at Hama and wondering why in Arda his brother asked such an incompetent along! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Carrûn

Look at the map link that is on my previous post. Keep them at the base of the low-lying hills that run about 20 miles east of the Old South Road that the Forgoils are taking.

Follow the course of the road and cross the Greflood River between Tharbad and and the little streams just north east of Tharbad (Swanfleet area).

Go directly north from there over the plain and pass between the Midgewater Marshes and the Weather Hills as you cross over the East Road. Just past the marshes would be a good place to find some place for them to stay for a while.

At that point, the escapees will be about 30 miles northeast of the upper limits of Bree-land. Near the Forest in which the little towns of Chetwood and Archer are.

See Shire/Bree-land map - the far right of it.

[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-08-2003, 11:54 AM   #140
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Reminder:

Remove your signatures from all Game posts - even your SAVES.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #141
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

No one from Brytta's party should post until Carrun does: he will bring us back to camp.

Thanks,

Himaran.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:40 PM   #142
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ok, Awyrgan's introduction is up so go ahead and respond how you see fit.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:13 PM   #143
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I filld my save.... Sorry for being a bit late. I'll do some editing tomorrow...

If it needs changes, plase tell!

Thanks Pio for moving my last post, by the way!

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2003, 10:18 PM   #144
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Fréa has gotten the baddies almost to the Old South Road that leads to Tharbad.

We've only got salt pork and hard tack left to eat. Yuck! Hama's been told to stay out and find some decent game even if it takes him all night!

Anyone want to pick up from here?

Piosenniel,

Could you erase that earlier save space you kindly did for me? I don't think I'll be needing it. Thank you.

Dain

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Dain Ironfoot ]
Old 08-10-2003, 12:35 AM   #145
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Tinuviel, Orofaniel - You and Archim are in the midst of a battle of flaring tempers and empty stomachs.

Care to join in with a few pointed remarks of your own? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also - why don't one of you get us to morning time and have us start up the Old North -South Road toward Tharbad.

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-10-2003, 05:02 AM   #146
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Quote:
Tinuviel, Orofaniel - You and Archim are in the midst of a battle of flaring tempers and empty stomachs.

Care to join in with a few pointed remarks of your own?
Yes, I have put up a 'save' where I'll write some 'nasty' comments about their situation. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It will probably be filled later today.

Quote:
Also - why don't one of you get us to morning time and have us start up the Old North -South Road toward Tharbad.
I can write about that to, if Tinuviel doesn't want to.
Tinuviel, do you want to do it? or shall I do it?

Anyway, I got to dash...I think I just heard the word 'Ice Cream'...... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 08-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #147
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

I've filled in my 'save' now. I didn't include the morning, when they are setting out for Tharbad. I thought you,Tinuviel, would like to do that. However, if you don't want to, I'll do it.....I'll just edit my post [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 02:00 PM   #148
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Because of the technical difficulties recently experienced by the forum, I am giving each game another week for its expected End Date.

The date now set for your game to close is:

09/16

Thanks! Pio
Old 08-12-2003, 10:33 PM   #149
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Oro, yes, I am going to write that post. I've put a save on the thread in order to do it.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:45 AM   #150
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

That's great Tin. I'm looking forward to read it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 01:23 PM   #151
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I've finally filled in my save. Hope I didn't maul Archim too badly.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:27 PM   #152
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Time to speed things up!

Carrun and I and working out a route for the Hyldeson party. Now is the time for for Frea's group to hurry up the old south road, (possibly clashing with the group of Dunlenders), and arrive at Bree. Once this is done, Brytta will head north.

What happens at Bree?

Frea and his minions search the town and local inn, The Prancing Pony, for any sign of the Hyldesons. While they are there, the Hyldesons will pass by Bree, and head north.

The End of the Game?

Frea heads north from Bree, Eventually running into the Hyldesons... the outcome is undecided as of yet.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:59 PM   #153
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Frea and his minions
On Hama's behalf, I resent that. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

So, does that mean that we're only going to be in Tharbad long enough to get supplies?
Old 08-14-2003, 06:59 PM   #154
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Hama and the Forgoils - I'll move us on down the road to Tharbad, and leave some save places for those who want to chime in.

After my post can someone take us north, on the Greenway - an grassy overgrown road that leads right to Bree. It's about 150 miles so about six days through kind of flat grassy plains and probably some farms.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:01 PM   #155
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Hama and the Forgoils - I've moved us to Tharbad. It's evening, and Archim is attempting to convince everyone they should spend the night at the Inn. Anyone for a good meal, some ale . . . and a friendly game of cards . . . [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Can everyone do a night at the Inn post, then we can mount up in the morning and take off.

Someone can take us north, in the morning, on the Greenway - a grassy overgrown road that leads right to Bree. It's about 150 miles so about six days through kind of flat grassy plains and probably some farms.

[ August 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-15-2003, 03:02 PM   #156
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hi! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry for not posting in a while.. It's been kind of hectic.. However, if someone feels the need of Liol, just say it, and I'll post.

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 07:24 AM   #157
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Me too, Nova. But I finally got a post up for Fréa. He's grudgingly agreed to stop at the Inn to let you guys run off for some entertainment, while he searches for some new clues.

Piosenniel - I'm all tied up today and tomorrow. If you want to use Fréa to advance the plot or find some new clues as you're doing Archim's posts, be my guest. Otherwise, I'll try and post late on Tuesday.

Dain
Old 08-18-2003, 04:59 AM   #158
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Everyone: my internet server died four days ago. Sorry for not telling you sooner, but I now have a replacement.

Pio: Thank you for moving the Forgoils along. Now it is time for the Hyldesons to speed up. I will ask Carrun to put in a post later today, and I will do the same.

Himaran
Old 08-18-2003, 07:59 AM   #159
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

My dentist appointement went better than I thought so I filled in my 'save' about Graitwa at the Inn. It was kind of small (no, it was thiny), but I didn't know what to write. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, anyone think I need any changes? Let me know.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #160
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hello!

I just sat down by the computer and posted. Hope it was okey. Should probably need some changes, here and there.

Let me know! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*nova* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]