User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2003, 03:36 AM   #281
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ok, I've left it up for Herebrand or Laurel or who ever to come in.

(I think Lanaey will chill at the village, she's been through enough so far [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

So, sorry if the post isn't up to par, it's uh... 2:30 am, so ya.

Hope it works [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 04:39 PM   #282
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

*runs in panting, dropping her books by the desk*

Sorry...school's started again. Would you believe I forgot about it!--school I mean--

Anyhow I doubled back and I forgot to put up sort of two pages of my post. I edited it but since it was at the bottom of the fourth page I'll drop it here too:

Quote:
Annanoldowen stood in the shadow cast by the arched window that blocked out the sun watching as the survivors were gathered, and the dead tallied. The wings now designated as hospitals held the few wounded that had survived the poison injected into their bodies at Annanoldowen’s hand. The elf wrapped her weary arms around her body and sighed. She had done all she could and gave the handful of nurses who helped her all the recipes and necessary ingredients to continue without her.
The silvery blue dress she had donned for the purpose of meeting an old friend was now in pathetic tatters. The sleeves had been pinned allowing Annanoldowen plenty of elbowroom as she attended her patients. Traces of washed out blood and even some vomit were on the skirt and the bodice was lopsided. Altogether her appearance wasn’t very admirable. She hadn’t had time to change and decided that now would be a good a time as any.

The attack upon the Swan House wasn’t as brutal as it may have seemed. Most of the inhabitants had taken up immediate sanctuary and avoided the wrath of the wild men. There were, thankfully, twice as many living as there were among the dead. The she-elf had gone over her options to action now in her head.

She could stay and offer her assistance as a nurse and even a swordswoman should a second attack be ensued upon the house. However, the most logical course of action would be to take up Taurawaa and ride to the village. Annanoldowen was very talented in the area of medicines but she was also gifted with politics and strategy. With Cartil in the hands of the wild men and with a second attack most likely on the way, things would have to move incredibly fast and the Rivendell elf would like to be involved.

Abandoning her place by the window she made her way through the house inquiring for Lady Taralphiel until one maid pointed her towards the garden. Annanoldowen looked out towards the magnificent yard and saw the Swan Lady speaking with Annunfuin. They looked to be in relatively deep conversation and the elf decided to change her clothes first. Her room on the third level had been untouched by the attack and her things were as they had been left. She discarded her dress and replaced it with the shirt, jerkin, pants and boots she had purchased in the village. Plaiting her hair down her back she took inventory of her bag. She still had a plentiful amount of medicines, the Swan House having most of the necessary herbs already.

Strapping her sword to her waist and slipping on her bag she walked briskly out to the gardens to tell Taralphiel of her decision to travel on to the village to help in the rescue of Cartil and the defensive plotting against a second attack.

As she reached Taralphiel and Annunfuin she bowed.

“It has come to my consciousness that I am no longer desperately needed here at the house. The half dozen maids in my wing had all but perfected the simple yet necessary methods of healing and the survivors are well in order preparing for a second ambush. The village most likely would welcome my assistance. I wanted to let you know before I just disappeared though and see if you objected.” Taralphiel blinked. Annanoldowen didn’t continue and waited for her friend to accept her decision. Finally the woman nodded and stood.

“This, of course, is compulsory. You have been of great service here. Be well Annanoldowen.” As an afterthought she added, “and please give Laurel my affections.”

The elf couldn’t tell where Taurawaa had exactly been but she looked in fine order and was eager to go out again. Annanoldowen mounted quickly and the two flew through the forest on the way to the village.

It wasn’t long before they arrived. The elf stopped abruptly as the sight before them became clear. It is a terrible thing to see a soldier stripped of his life. What is worse is to see his son lying beside him. No time for tears, she rode on to where the afternoon sun beamed down upon a house where survivors lived. She called in inquiring for Laurel. A man emerged cautiously and peered up at Annanoldowen. The elf repeated her query and was given a mere shrug of shoulders.

“There be a house jus’ down th’ ways a bit there Lady. Ye could check but there I’n’t anyone hereabouts.” Annanoldowen didn’t want to press him further so she left the house and rode further down to whence he had pointed.

Laurel and the others who were supposed to be with her were not in that house but the next. The elf heard the Swan Lady’s granddaughter’s voice as she passed. Reining Taurawaa to a halt she left him in front of the porch and entered silently, not wanting to disturb the injured within.

Annanoldowen caught the last few words of what a soldier was saying as she went into the room where Laurel and Herebrand were.

“...must be found Captain. They are lost,” the soldier said firmly. The elf didn’t wish to interrupt the interrogation so she did a quick survey of the condition of the wounded and did what she could to help and teach those who were hard at work setting bones, extracting poison and attending to burns. She would speak with Laurel when she was done speaking with the soldier. Annanoldowen wanted to get right to work preparing for the annihilation of the wild king’s army and the rescue of Cartil. They didn’t have much time...

~*~*~

Gita finished her exploration of the town in two good hours, recording in her mind just how many villagers were left. Since hardly any were warriors, the wild men had killed all but three score and she had seen merely a dozen children. The assault had been very successful and the last raid would dispatch of the remaining villagers. It was sweet victory that met her eyes as she continued her assessment.

She was moving just out of the shadows of one house when she saw Laurel and a few others making their way down the street. Her breath caught in her throat and she dived back under cover to wait as they passed. Gita watched with flaring contempt as the Swan Lady limped away. What she wouldn’t give to decapitate that pretty little head of hers with the concealed dagger gripped in her left hand. The impulse almost got the best of her but they turned into a house just as she left the shadows, a wicked grin on her face. She cursed under her breath and turned down the opposite way back towards the camp to report her findings to the king. It would be an easy triumph.

Her hopes were dashed as she made her way through the woods. Voices and footsteps ahead warned her of a decent mass of people making their way through the village. From her position behind a gorse bush she witnessed the remains of the Rohirrm army en route to the village and their captain. Some were wounded but there were still a good many able bodied men that would certainly prove a great threat to the wild men if appropriately assembled.

Things seemed to go from bad to worse as she continued on towards camp, Cuor hot on her trail.
Okay. Should I wait for someone to acknowledge Annanoldowen's presence before I post agian?

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-15-2003, 11:34 PM   #283
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Thanks guys for posting!

Here's what I have planned. Let me know if I have any holes here...

Laurel is in the Sick House. She sees Annanoldowen, and chats with her. She also mentions teh missing people (so far Leena, Ilisit, and sorta Cartil)

A ruckus is heard outside and all rush out to see the skirmish, and help sort it out. Leena is brought in, and told of Thagon. We also in the next few posts have to end Burzdols chara... Cuthalion could you help with that?

The House has become a tad empty. Annunfuins post shoudl settle that. Ill have Thagon's burial, then Annun will unleash her plan.

Does it all sound good?
Old 08-16-2003, 03:04 AM   #284
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tara - Check your PMs! Thanks!

And Maikafanawen - please do not post again until you hear from Tara or me (that should be tomorrow the latest).

Everyone else - do not contact Annanoldowen in the Village yet.

Thank you all! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Annun
Old 08-16-2003, 05:18 AM   #285
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Just a quick note here.

PMs might not be functioning for everyone. They were caught in the technical problems the forum faced last weekend. We will have to wait until BW returns from holiday at the end of August to fix them. I cannot use my PM function.

So, if you don't hear from each other, perhaps you could post your plans here or use email.

If don't want to post publically your email address here, you could use either Aylwen or me to forward them. We can be reached at

aylwen@barrowdowns.com
bethberry@barrowdowns.com

Good luck with the planning.

Bęthberry
Old 08-16-2003, 09:40 PM   #286
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thankyou for that Beth!

Sorry I havent posted here in a while! Im still organising stuff!

Shortly we'll be hearing about a brilliant plan for the ending of this Rp. Once thats all settled, everything will continue

Please let me know here if you have prolems PMing me. So far Ive had no troubles, but just in case [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tara
Old 08-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #287
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Hmmm...should I have Lanaey find Elena and Fiona? It seemed logically to me, but then you two could wander around and find her or others on your own. Tell me what ya think.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:56 PM   #288
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Tara - I put up a post but it doesn't introduce *the* plan yet; thought to wait for Maikafanawen's opinion before introducing it... I hope this is ok.

There's a spot for Taralphiel's post now if you'd like to write her thoughts but I can go on without such post.

I'll continue my post/make a new one as soon as I hear from Maika.

~Annun
Old 08-18-2003, 12:30 AM   #289
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Kryssal: It does make sense that you would meet them. Just PM them and ask I suppose

Maika: Thankyou so much for saying you'll edit your post! Your chara will get plenty of action *nods* PM me about any plans you may have [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Annun: I'll reply to Annunfuin now. Im also putting Laurel up to speed with Leena. Cuthalion and TRR will reply when they get back.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #290
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I'm having a lot of (insert imaginative word here) problems right now. But, being a school member has its advantages and I will be able to get on the internet and post. I will make sure that I get at least one post up a week, hopefully I'll find a place to move into and get my own internet working quickly. Who knows though? *sigh* Sorry, but I promise I will write!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:08 AM   #291
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

No worries Kryss! Thankyou for yoru dedication!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The plans have been changed slightly. Laurel is now going to get Cartil. He has been in the hands of the Wild Men a tad too long, and the brothers need to do some work [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Once they get back, all other plans will go from there
Old 08-20-2003, 03:27 PM   #292
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

OK, the plan has been revealed - at least some of it. And if there's anything that needs to be changed... just let me know! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Annun
Old 08-20-2003, 08:06 PM   #293
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright. I edited my post. I don't have time to write another one though b/c I need to check up on my game in the Shire before I go to bed. I'll post tomorrow afternoon. You can count on Annanoldowen & horse going that fifty miles though. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-21-2003, 12:48 AM   #294
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Annun: Great! Now, do you wish to have Annunfuin stay there?

Maika: Thankyou again for doing that! Whenever you have time to reply is fine, no worries!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:57 AM   #295
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Tara - you mean do I want Annunfuin to stay in the House? Yes, of course; he has no choice actually as he considers his duty to stand beside Taralphiel - till the end. Though he's being torn in two for he also wishes to protect Laurel...

Maikafanawen - Hope you don't mind me taking such great liberties I just took with your post. If you don't like the change just give me a word and I'll delete that post. I just thought your post should be placed there to keep the timeline in course.

~Annun
Old 08-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #296
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello!

Just popping by to say hello and ask if there's anything that Ohtaredan should be doing at the moment that he's not?
Old 08-21-2003, 08:04 PM   #297
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Thanks Annun! I'm not really sure what you did yet because I'm being shooed off the computer but I'm sure it'll help bunches! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry I can't post tonight because of homework but there's nothing I can really do about it. (If you need proof check out FALL OF GREENWOOD in the Shire. It's my game that I've neglected since Aug. 16 methinks b/c of this zut Academy! ERGH!!)

Tomorrow's Friday (thank god!) so I'll definitely have time.

So sorry and thanks!!

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-22-2003, 01:19 AM   #298
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

TRR: Check the RPG thread. I would like it if you got involved in the little attack that just happened. And maybe strike up a conversation with Herebrand. You need to rally and help your troops.

Annun: Thanks for the posts! I'll work on the reply
Old 08-22-2003, 12:32 PM   #299
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm really sorry to do this (Manan especially, sorry to let you down) but I don't have the internet anymore at home, so I really have to withdraw. This has been a great game to be part of, and good luck for the future. Feel free to make use of Elena as you like.

Bye everyone. I hope to be back one of these days!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-22-2003, 12:47 PM   #300
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Bye Lyra!! Good luck with everything.

Ok - so Laurel and the Elf brethren are going to save Cartil right now, then when they get back we'll attack the wild men? With the extra help and all.

Heya, do you mind if Lanaey tags along?
Old 08-22-2003, 02:56 PM   #301
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Ta-ta Lyra. We'll miss ye somethin' fierce. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Alright I've got my post up. It's not my best but it covered everything of importance in the time-crunch I'm facing. I'm really sorry about that.

If there's anything I can change to make it better PLEASE tell me!

Thanks so much for you TOLERANCE!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-22-2003, 10:08 PM   #302
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh gosh Lyra Im really going to miss your posts! Elena is a wonderful character, and I meant what I said about her being a favourite! *hugs* Good luck! We'll keep her going!!

Maika: The post is fine!! I'll be posting for Cuor soon too, if you would like to counter with something for Gita

Kryss: Just post her turning up! She sure can tag along!

[ August 23, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 08-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #303
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Oh yeah, Taralphiel: Do you want me to repost Gita's part?

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-23-2003, 05:46 PM   #304
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I'm sorry if my posts aren't up to par, but to have to type in a whole post in a limited amount of time is hard. Coming this wednesday I will have full internet access with no time limits because school will be starting, so, better ones are coming [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #305
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Maika: If it isnt a lot of trouble, could you please do that? If not, Ill post first and you take my lead. Lemme know [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kryssal: I stuck in Ilisits end, just follow along I spose

Thankies guys!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 24, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 08-24-2003, 06:17 PM   #306
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Mathom Collector has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Taralphiel! I'll get on that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lyra, goodbye for now! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Hope to see you around the boards! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 05:15 PM   #307
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Tara: Done and done!!

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-26-2003, 11:54 AM   #308
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Hoy, Tara, are we going to be taking horses on this little outing? If we are I'll add that in to my last post, if not, I'll still change that last post (make it a bit longer and more specific about what she's getting and such).

Oh, and I'll be absent this upcoming weekend (family reunion - hurrah [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

[ August 26, 2003: Message edited by: Kryssal ]
Old 08-26-2003, 10:35 PM   #309
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Tara..

It is with great reluctance that I must tell you I can't continue in Swan Wood. My brother has just died and there are many things that I must attend to now. I wish all of you the best.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:37 AM   #310
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cuthalion: I really dont know what to say except that my prayers are with you. We'll miss you extremely and I thank you for helping me!!

Kryss: Possibly. The Southern Confines arent that far. Maybe one horse for Cartil to ride on *nods* I'll post that now.

For the rest of the game I suppose Ill take over Herebrand. If anyone has any suggestions of a suitable replacement, please feel free to PM me.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:14 AM   #311
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Cuthalion - like Tara I'm unable to express my feelings properly; you don't know me and I don't know you but none the less I'm so sorry for your loss...

Tara - (It's difficult to continue on whole another matters so I'll just do it without further ado...) I believe we have a sort of timeline problem here: as I see it, the different character groups are living different days. I mean:

*For Laurel, Lanaey, the Rohirrim + Fiona&Elena it seems to be the third(?) day after the attacks of the wildmen, whereas

*Taralphiel, Annunfuin and Rudchamion still live the second(?) day, about late afternoon (in my next post I'll bring Annunfuin&Rudchamion back from their little venture before sunset) and

*For Annanoldowen and the Gondorian troop the third day has dawned, right? (and they will reach the House at the end of the next day?)

This is not an actual problem considering all these groups work separately but for the sake of clarity maybe everyone should put a note on top of their posts to inform which day it is (calculating from the attacks?)? Or have you other suggestion how to handle this?

~Annun
Old 08-28-2003, 06:00 AM   #312
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Wow! I was just mulling that about, but you got it all up!!! Thankyou so much Annun!!! You make everything a lot easier now!!!

I do agree we should get everyone up to speed as soon as possible.

My plan is to have a small period (though not too small) in which the two armies prepare, maybe even train a few people (Cartil, Jess, and general recovery training for thos einjured)

from there the plan is finalised in a meeting in the Main House, and the Final Attack begins...

Any ideas? Does it work?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:18 AM   #313
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Tara - Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

To me it seems your plan will work fine - it'll be great to finally have the whole crew in one place. Is 'Saving diplomat Stone' post the next one to follow?

Now that I think about it; maybe I should continue my latest post to the point where A&R return to the House in the evening. Then all can move/have moved to day 3 and we no longer have a problem. Unless you want to write a post for Taralphiel reflecting on the emptiness of her House et all? Then I'll put the return post after yours.

~Annun
Old 08-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #314
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to be timewise?

Tara: When do you want the Gondorian army to get to Swan Wood and do you want them to arrive at the House or the Town?

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 PM   #315
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Annun: Post away! I'll chuck Taralphiels post in after yours

Maika: For you the third day is dawning. The army should go to the Village

Thankies!!
Old 08-29-2003, 04:31 PM   #316
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Hey everyone! I’m back! (Well kind of). We restored factory settings on our computer which means we can get the internet again! But we don’t have a virus scan until Monday, so I’m not really supposed to be here… or online at all… But if there’s still a space for me in this game I will be back in three days, for good. (Crossing my fingers!)
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-29-2003, 09:20 PM   #317
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You are most certainly welcome back!! Three days is fine.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:50 AM   #318
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Kryssal, Elena and Fiona aren't actually related so the man should maybe be just Fiona's father (?) if that's what you want, and then I'll have Elena go off to look for hers.
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-01-2003, 08:10 AM   #319
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

No, no, wait! I´m so sorry, I haven´t been keeping up with this game! [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Yes, anyways. For one thing, how come Lanaey knows Fiona´s name? Lyra- I think the girls should stay together in this, so maybe the man is neither of their fathers? Maybe Lanaey misunderstood something, or whatever. It´s just...I think it would suck (pardon my french) if Fiona was in a better situation than Elena...just my two cents. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2003, 02:46 PM   #320
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I'm not putting this off on purpose. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tara: I was wondering when you wanted me to bring the soldiers in? It would be a big deal to have them sort of march right into the village so do you want me to wait until Laurel's there when they're thru rescuing Cartil? Also, would it be a better idea if the soldiers marched in where the Wild Men could see them or should they "sneak" in--don't know how'd they'd do it but...

Ideas?

-Maikafanawen