Old 05-31-2003, 10:30 AM   #201
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Quote:
In our minds the only way to get the Huorn from going beserk is to have the Ents come back and reassert their authority. In fact, my character's secret is that the Huorn will die off, become just non-sentient trees, if there are no Ents to guide them. The only way to have this actually work is to have the Ents stop fading. What this means is that someone has to rediscover the Entwives.
The Huorn are upset and not too bright and also hugely powerful. They are obviously in danger of being taken advantage of by some bad people, and this is what will happen in our post. There will be some agents from east of Rhun, a place that was under Sauron's influence. Sauron may be dead, but they still have large slave plantations and they are afraid The King will shut them down. The bad guys have decided to make life miserable for The King and defy his edict to get rid of the slaves. To do this, they will need a strong ally who can't be pushed around. The Huorn are perfect for this.

They will enter into an arrangement with the Huorn by conning them. These men of Rhun are not stupid. They know the best way to control a Huorn is through an Ent. They don't quite have an Ent, but they do have an Entwife. (I figure they are about the size of a tree in an orchard, smaller than the Ents.) Tolkien said if Entwives survive, they are enslaved in the south or east. This is just what we're assuming. The bad guys have threatened an Entwife into cooperating by telling her that otherwise all her people will die. She will be a tool that the evil agents use to get the Huorn to go along with their schemes. We don't want to spell out all the ins and outs in advance, since we would just see how the plot goes and how everyone reacts, and pitches in. But this one Entwife would be physically hidden by the baddies. Only when the good guys rediscover her would they learn that Entwives still survive and they desperately need rescuing out east. We would set up the bad agents and the captive Entwife in our first few posts, exposing the infomation a little at a time, so everyone could gradually see what was happening.
I could not have put it better myself, Child. That will work well. However, would it be logical to say that these descendants of Easterlings had enslaved all the Entwives? If so, that would eliminate the need for part of the company having to split off and go search for the remaining Entwives in the southeast, ultimately cutting down our time. I like the idea of the climactic battle, though (two-part battle: Ents/Entwives vs. the Huorns, the company vs. the Easterlings).
Old 05-31-2003, 07:59 PM   #202
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Ith, Mattius, Brinniel---

First, Ith, many thanks for the note so we can see the general direction we're heading.

Perhaps my post was confusing. Let me respond to Ith's questions below:

Quote:
However, would it be logical to say that these descendants of Easterlings had enslaved all the Entwives? If so, that would eliminate the need for part of the company having to split off and go search for the remaining Entwives in the southeast, ultimately cutting down our time. I like the idea of the climactic battle, though (two-part battle: Ents/Entwives vs. the Huorns, the company vs. the Easterlings.

Yes, I do think the Easterlings had enslaved all the Entwives. I envision these Easterlings, as Tolkien did, living near the Sea of Rhun in the east and having large plantations. This is why they would need farm labor. These Easterlings are ruled by an official called the Khan.

The particular two Easterlings that I describe --the prophetess and the soldier --are merely representatives of this group who've been sent over by the Khan to try and strike a bargain with the huorn for military purposes. Once they strike that bargain, they will head back to Rhun.

They've brought along one Entwife in the wagon to use as bait or leverage over the huorn. The huorn are more likely to obey and respect an Ent or Entwife than they would an Easterling.

That would mean the company would go to Fangorn and rescue the one Entwife in the wagon and find out about the other ones who are imprisoned. She would be the one to tell them of her enslaved sisters.

Then the entire company would travel towards the Sea of Rhun in order to free all the enslaved Entwives. The journey there would not be important in terms of the overall story line. It could be done by condensing time and space in one or two posts, a narrative stating that the journey had occurred and that they had arrived in the far eastern land.

Then the story would go forward with these three steps.

1. Freeing the Entwives and learning of the military goals of the Khan.

2. Fleeing from Rhun with the Entwives in tow and heading back towards Gondor to let the king know of the Easterlings' impending attack.

3. Some sort of final battle where the forces of good prevail.

If you'd like to cut back on this plot line more sharply, does anyone have specific ideas how to do this?? We're not wedded to any of this and can shift, chop, and prune as we need.

The only way I see to eliminate the compny's journey east totally would be to assume there was a whole brigade of Easterling soldiers who'd come near Fangorn herding the enslaved Entwives in front of them. But why would they do this? I don't think they could compel the Entwives to fight against the Ents and Gondor.

Any ideas?

Cami

[ June 02, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #203
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

While the Ents, Entwives, Huorns, and Easterlings conspire, the company is making its was towards Fangorn-- but we just filled our water bottles at the river Isen, which flows from the mountains and not from Fangorn; so I have a question:

"Speaking of mountains, we must now either go over or around them, and I wonder which it is to be. "

Who's leading the company? Mattius? Which way do we go; around the southern tip of the Misty Mountains or do we follow the Isen up into the mountains and cut across eastwards to Fangorn? The first sounds easier.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:47 PM   #204
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I think that, if Mattius does not know, we should certainly have a vote. If so, here are our choices:

Around: probably longer, but less action too

Over: action, and we could get to where we want to go more quickly, as long as we don't run into any serious problems

Kalir, himself, votes for around. I, personally, would vote for over, however.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:08 PM   #205
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

While we are pondering our course to Fangorn, here's another cast list: am I missing anybody? Please speak up if so! I think we've added an ent or...?

Huorns/Ents:
Child of the 7th Age as Brethil
Lyra Greenleaf as the ancient beech tree Lim

Questers (what would you call this type of party...?):

Aylwen Dreamsong as Ajada (human) (reporter)
Manardariel as Anarya (human)
DayVampyre as Avery (human) (thief)
VanimaEdhel as Kalir (human)( male)

Ithaeliel as Endereth (elf)
Mark12_30 as LinGalad (elf)
Mattius as himself (elf)
Brinniel as Calentoliel (elf)

Auriel as Radagast (istari)

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 06-05-2003, 08:24 AM   #206
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Helen,

Could you remove Evinyatar's name? He left the game early on due to other commitments.

Thanks.

Cami

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 AM   #207
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Yes Ma'am, done... (and now I'm off to see if I can make it to weathertop during lunchbreak!)
Old 06-05-2003, 04:20 PM   #208
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey sorry about not posting as frequently as usual but I am in the middle of exams and also practically posting for all the game owners!!

In my last post I put the route to the vote. Vote as you would like, either path leads us to fangorn in the end.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #209
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Hey just to let you all know, the original Blue Mountains RPG is now a fanfic!
Old 06-10-2003, 11:42 AM   #210
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hi! Just letting you know that I am leaving for my trip to Russia on June 16th, and I won't be online until June 30th. Happy journeying (I'll be here until then, though)!
Old 06-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #211
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Quote:
Hey just to let you all know, the original Blue Mountains RPG is now a fanfic!
Hallelujah! and I read the reviews; people are cliffhanging! This is l337 (sorry, I've been watching too much anime lately)... except my name is spelled wrongly. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Yes, I do think the Easterlings had enslaved all the Entwives
Forgive me, Child, I was sleepy and didn't phrase that question quite correctly. What I meant was: what if the Easterlings had taken ALL the Entwives with them to Fangorn? Would it have been possible? Would it have been the least bit logical? If they did that instead of only one, as I said before, the gorup wouldn't have to split between Rhun and the forest. I don't have a talent for reasoning, so this may be a ridiculous idea, but it's worth a shot considering our time limits.

Oh, and one more thing: I won't be on until Saturday, due to music camp (today we were let out early, but not for the rest of the week) running for twelve hours and running ME for about thirteen. Toodly-doo, then!

Ith

[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Old 06-11-2003, 01:36 PM   #212
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Oh: general note to all on the playing of Kalir (if you could) while I'm gone: you guys have been integrating him, so you basically already know what to do. However, just as a reminder for when I'm gone: he's becoming more comfortable speaking his mind, but he is still a farmboy, so some of his ideas may be a little closed-minded at times. And annoying Ajada has become one of his favorite activities on the journey. Oh, and he does not think much of his physical capabilities, as he doesn't know too much about fighting and he's never really been off the farm before.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:38 AM   #213
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

More planning issues that need to be answered before we go ahead....

Ithaeliel and Mattius,

Thanks for explaining what you meant. Now I understand what you were asking me.

Upon reading over your post, I think you've raised two issues, perhaps without fully realizing it. One of these is openly stated, while the other is implied by the question you ask. I can understand why you were confused by my own answer because I assumed certain things about your second question without actally stating these things on this thread.

So we'll need to clarify both issues before we decide which way to take the plot.

Here are the two questions/issues I see:

1. Will the Entwives all be in Fangorn Forest, or will most of them still be back on a plantation in Rhun?

This is the question that you explicitly raise on the thread. However, there's another implied issue.

2. Will the company deal with the marauding Huorn who are attacking travellers in the forest?

I made a basic asumption on my earlier post and planning ideas which I didn't really explain. (Sorry!) Let me explain. When I suggested that the company go running off to free the Entwives in the east, I assumed they would not deal with the temporary problem of getting the huorn to stop bashing travellers on the head.

This is how that could be done. You might have a background post with the King reading a missive sent to him from those who went to the forest, describing how the Entwives have been imprisoned and requesting permission to go help them.

In that same post you'd have an answer back from the King. (The easiest way to do this is to have someone from the company reading the reply.) The king would tell the companions to go to Rhun and free the imprisoned Entwives and report back to him. He would also tell the companions that he was temporarily sending a band of soldiers out to patrol the forest and try to keep the violence in check.

Then the RPG itself would focus on the quest, not on the soldier-peacekeepers left behind. I made this assumption for several reasons. I honestly don't think it would be too interesting to have a group of posters left behind in Fangorn simply to do police-keeping duties with the huorn. All the mystery would be gone, since we already understand about the Entwives and even the fact that the people of Rhun are planning an attack. Secondly, I can say from hard experience that it is almost always a bad idea to have more than one central plotline going on in an RPG. No, I'm not saying you can't have subplots. You most certainly can. But it is very hard to keep two separate storylines running. Splitting the company would force us to do that.

So here's my opinion: whatever you do, don't split the main group of posters in two. My personal preference is to go off to Rhun because I think it could be much more interesting than staying in Fangorn. As I mentioned before, you wouldn't even have to deal with the actual journey. Just use the device of space/time compression: a single narrative post where the journey is summarized in a few paragraphs. Then pick up the detailed action just outside Rhun.

If you don't want to do that, you will indeed have to bring all the Entwives to the forest, driven there by the bad guys. But wouldn't someone have seen them on their long trip from the east? I don't think you can hide that many Entwives easily on a long trip. They're just too big! Also there's too many of them. We haven't discussed numbers but there must be at least 25 or so! I'm not at all sure how you'd get around this secrecy issue.

Also, you'd have to say why the bad guys brought the Entwives along. The only thing I can think of is to join the military forces and fight..... But would the Entwives fight? I doubt it. I think they would resist. Then the focus of the plot might become the tension between the bad guys and their prisoners, and some kind of secret plot to help release them on the part of the company.

My personal preference would be to go to Rhun and free them and come racing back. Please have the game founders decide and let me know. I'll be careful to keep my next post vague about this. If necessary, I'll revise my earlier plot ideas and posts to reflect the fact that an imminent force from the east is expected to arrive in just a few days with all the Entwives in tow.

Please let me know how you prefer to handle this.

Cami

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-13-2003, 11:39 AM   #214
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Uh oh, I'm confused about the roles for the trees again. Sorry, I just had a History exam and it's driven me mad and I didn't understand a word of that, Child of the 7th Age. What will we be doing?

PS, Mattius what is with that Avatar? That is terrifying. I miss the chicken.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-13-2003, 06:07 PM   #215
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Lyra,

Sorry about that! I was trying to respond to a question that Ithaeliel raised.

Ithaeliel asked if the Entwives should be captive in Rhun or in Fangorn Forest. I had originally said the company should go to Rhun. If the Entwives needed rescuing in Rhun, she was afraid that the company would have to split in half, with half staying in the forest to battle the Huorn and half going to Rhun to rescue the Entwives.

I gave her my view on the situation: whatever happened, the company should not split. It is too hard to keep up two separate storylines. My own preference is to have the Entwives captive in Rhun and to have the company go rescue them. The King could say he was going to have his soldiers keep order in the forest, and that would not be an active part of our story.

I asked that the founders make a decision on this. I will try to carry out whatever plot they tell us to do.

Lyra, I'll try to post this weekend. Then you can follow my lead. We can go ahead with what we're doing, talking to the two agents from Rhun. They will try to persuade us to side with them against the King. We just won't say decisively whether or not the Entwives are staying in Rhun, or being brought to Fangorn. We can say the Khan hasn't decided what to do yet.

Cami
Old 06-13-2003, 11:00 PM   #216
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Dear Cami,

Thank you for answering my question so thoroughly! I've just looked back at the post that you wrote right before I initially came back from my hiatus, and with the clarification it has suddenly all dawned on me! *cue heavenly music* *cutoff* Altogether, I think that your ideas make for a very interesting plotline. I like it. Thanks, I believe that we should proceed with the plot now; after we discover the Entwife (in a clever manner, of course) we will send our request to the king via one of our company and await his reply. May I request one small change, though: we need to keep "soldier-peacekeepers" in Fangorn. It could be a small group of our RPers who don't post religiously or want something of a break (despite what you think I won't be one of them!), so that it won't take the focus away from the Rhunward-bound (haha) bunch. The huorns kind of need to be babysat so that they don't enter Isengard or any other residential area around the forest. If that's not a highly disagreeable idea, then I'd request two or three volunteers for that. I must go to bed now, so I will catch you all later!

Ith
Old 06-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #217
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

That was my last post until the 30th. I wish you luck until I return (as long as you wish me luck [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )! Да свидания (da svidanya)!
Old 06-15-2003, 04:03 PM   #218
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Vanima

We'll miss you. Have fun!

Ithaeliel,

Glad we got that cleared up so quickly.

That's a good idea about letting a few characters stay behind who prefer to post more infrequently. You can ask for volunteers once you get in the woods and find out that you will need to go to Rhun.

Another possible way to approach this..... If we don't have enough volunteers, there may be a few ambitious posters who wouldn't mind caring a secondary character who would only post infrequently to report on what's going on in the woods.

Everyone-

Hey! We're two months into the story, with two months to go. Please try to get to Fangorn quickly!

Saelonia is threatening to get nasty! And you will want enough time to develop an interesting plot in Rhun.

Child, Bard of Rohan (My new title from the White Horse!)

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-15-2003, 04:20 PM   #219
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Everyone, please welcome Child as the new Bard of Rohan. She will be helping out by developing mentored games and helping on various games where there are plotting or writing confusions.

And she just happened to be a gamer already in this game!

Bethberry
Old 06-15-2003, 05:52 PM   #220
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Ith and the brand spanking new Bard I agree with the storyline you have set out. I will post tonight, witht he company beginning to move over the mountains.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:57 PM   #221
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Hallelujah again!

I've posted on the RPG thread again... finally! I'm so relieved to have gotten that done. I just hope my skills haven't oxidized too much, and I hope I didn't bunny anybody.

I know there are a few posters around who are infrequent, so if any of you would like to volunteer to a) have your pre-made character stay behind in/around Fangorn or b) create a new profile for a character to stay behind while the other one goes to Rhun, that would be great. I highly recommend the former, though, since if you are already infrequent about posting then it'll be quite hard to carry more than one character. But if you do choose to make up a new character just to "babysit" the Huorns and make sure nothing goes wrong, I'd ask you to create a profile for a male who was "sent by His Majesty to keep the peace." It needn't be incredibly detailed (history-wise), but just so we may get a general idea of personality, occupation, anything that shows outwardly. We'll deal with getting rid of the person when the company is about to return.

Now I have a bad feeling that most of the above was useless rambling, but I'll just say that I recommend the volunteers use the character they already have. And don't worry, absentees: I won't volunteer you unless you want me to!

Ith
Old 06-18-2003, 07:14 AM   #222
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Ith, Mattius,

I received a message from Mark 12_30 stating that she's withdrawing from the Downs for personal reasons.

Just wanted to let you know, since she plays one of the characters in this game.

Child, Bard of Rohan
Old 06-19-2003, 11:02 AM   #223
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Thanks Child, we can have LinGalad stay in Fangorn then, doesn't seem too out of characher.

The rest of you, can you write one post about crossing the mountains then I will post our entry into Fangorn.

Thanks

Matt

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 06-19-2003, 04:47 PM   #224
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Mattius,

That's a good idea about Helen's character.

I know you'll be crossing the mountains in just one post, but about how long would it take (game time) for the company to reach Fangorn.

I want to try and coordinate with you by indicating the passage of time, even if I only do it in a sentence of two.

Child, Bard of Rohan
Old 06-20-2003, 01:18 AM   #225
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Hopefully we will reach Fangorn by this Sunday.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:20 AM   #226
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child grins.....

No, I meant about how much time in Middle-earth terms will it take for the company to reach their destination. I do understand that posters will represent that journey in one post, and that you hope the posts are up by Sunday.

But about how long will the journey take for the company to reach Fangorn?

Child, Bard of Rohan
Old 06-20-2003, 07:34 AM   #227
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Oh I see, sorry, well we set off early morning and it must be around noontime by now so lets say early hours of the next morning entering Fangorn at the wee hours. o0o0o0 spooky.

Since Auriel is unlikely to come back anytime soon I say hat we leave old Radagast in the woods using the excuse he is too old for adventuring in far away lands. If Auriel returns she can always have him catch up but since shes not going to be on, what do you others think?
Old 06-20-2003, 10:39 AM   #228
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Mattius,

I think your idea of leaving Radagast in Fangorn is a good one.

But you might not want to say Radagast is too "old." I'm not even sure what "old" means in relation to the Valar who do not seem to age, even in incarnate bodies. Also, if Auriel does come back and want to use Radagast again in this and other adventures, she might not appreciate if you call her character "old." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Radagast loved the woods and the animals in them. Perhaps he can be very aware of how "injured" all the inhabitants of the forest are because of the departure of the Ents and the evil that the Easterlings have brought there. He may decide to stay behind because he wants to try and bring healing there. There will, of course, be soldiers sent by the King (which we mention just in passing) to put down any armed insurrections, but more than that is needed to mend the underlying damage. Radagast would have seen and understood that.

If you decide that's a good idea, you can put those thoughts into some kind of goodbye post between Radagast and the other members of the company. (Of course, if Auriel comes back, she can decide that she's done enough "healing" and follow after us....)

Just an idea....

Child, Bard of Rohan
Old 06-20-2003, 07:19 PM   #229
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Good idea having LinGalad and Radagast stay in the forest. I agree with Child that it is better to say that Radagast wanted to heal some of the creatures in the forest... and perhaps stay there for his own contentment ("I don't wanna go to Rhűn! You can't make me!" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

So we'll be in Fangorn by Sunday, huh? Darn... just when it's getting better, I have to leave again! My family is leaving for Washington tomorrow and I'll be gone until late Sunday or early Monday. I'll get back here as soon as possible, though. I'm sorry I have to leave again! There are no more major vacations this summer, I promise!

Ith
Old 06-23-2003, 06:41 AM   #230
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Cool stuff, so Radagast and LinGalad to remain in the woods together then and the rest off to Rhun.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:42 PM   #231
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey everyone!

Note: Late this Friday evening I will be going on a road trip/ vacation. I will be gone from June 27th - July 7th.

I trust everyone not to harm Ajada physically (I honestly don't think she minds verbal abuse, she'll ignore it unless its from Kalir or LinGalad), and I know that you all are pretty used to how she'll act. She loves to torment Avery and seriously suspects Kalir and LinGalad of poisoning the water and trying to overthrow the powers of Middle-Earth.

-Aylwen

Aylwen's Words of Wisdom ~ Sixteen hours seems like a long time to drive when you could just fly for an hour and a half!

[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 06-30-2003, 05:16 PM   #232
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

I'm back. There was nothing to contribute at the moment, so I'll wait for another post or 2 from the party so that I have something to talk about.
EDIT: I posted...

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 07-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #233
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

All gamers and game owners,

Mattius has contacted Cuthalion (owner of another game Mattius was in) saying he must withdraw from the Downs.

I assume this means Mattius is also withdrawing from Threat of the Trees. Could the other game owners please discuss here what will happen to the game? Who will be taking over as main owner? Will the game continue or will it be forfeited?

Please resolve these issues by July 12 or the game will, sadly, be closed.

Bęthberry,
Moderator for Rohan
Old 07-05-2003, 10:48 PM   #234
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

With Auriel gone, Ithaeliel missing, and Mattius withdrawn, I realize I'm the only original owner of the game left at the moment.

I have to admit I have not been living up to my standards [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ; I should be posting here and on the RPG more often and I will try to do so in the future. Also, I will announce that I'll be gone from July 11-13, then again July 20 - August 2.

I really want to keep this RPG going, but I honestly don't think I can run this alone. I will email Ithaeliel to see what she's up to (where are you, Ith?) and hopefully she'll be back soon. And perhaps Auriel will turn up sometime in the near future. Are there any regular posters willing to help take over this game if neither of them turn up soon (especially when I'm gone)?

Again, I apologize for my lack of participation; I've had a busy summer. Once I see where this RPG is going, I'll start posting more.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:06 PM   #235
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Greetings,

I'm back, and I'm sorry I took so long to get back. Wow, it looks like we've lost over half of our players- and half the owners- in this RPG. We still have something, though. We'll struggle through!

I may have a few spontaneous answers here. First, here's the list of all the people we still have with us:

Child of the 7th Age as Brethil
Ithaeliel as Endereth
Aylwen Dreamsong as Ajada
Brinniel as Calentoliel
DayVampyre as Avery
VanimaEdhel as Kalir

We've got quite a few UPCs on our hands, the most central of which are Radagast, LinGalad and Mattius. As we were going to leave a few to watch over the Fangorn area in the first place, I believe it should be these three who do that (though we'll need a person to play them all). As for ownership of the game: Brinniel and I would be able to take care of most of it, but one more hand would be most helpful. Therefore, since she has been so instrumental in the development of the plot, I would like to nominate Child of the Seventh Age. If everyone approves and she accepts the position, we'll have sufficient ownership for the game and will be able to continue developing the plot and urging the quest forward.

Please tell me if you think these are good ideas or not! Again, I'm sorry for my absence.

Ith
Old 07-06-2003, 12:09 PM   #236
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I'm still here too! I haven't posted on the Discussion thread for a while, but I have on the game.

Just for clarification, I play the Huorn Lim.

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #237
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Brinniel, Ith,

I'll be glad to help out if I can. My time should be a little freer as I'll be finishing up a Shire game in about a week where I've been playing and moderating.

It may not be necessary to name me as a game founder. I'm already a moderator on this thread. In some games as a moderator, I just sit back and enjoy the ride, but in others I've acted in tandem with a founder when they felt the need for some definite help. I'll be glad to do this here but only if you feel the need.

Lyra, you've been a great huorn. Would you want to play an Ent, enslaved Entwife, or baddie once we manage to get out of Fangorn and head east? I assume that most of the huorn activity will be behind us then, except for a background post or two, at least till near the end of the game.

Unfortunately, I am also heading out on vacation from July 23-28, with computer access unlikely. In the first week of August, I'll be home, but busy with out-of-town guests. I will post but more erratically.

Would you want to try and get an additional person or two to try and take up one of our missing characters, or possibly to play an Ent, Entwife, or a baddie? We have no Ents, and I'm doing the huorn, the baddies, and the one Entwife at this point. I can continue doing that, but we might have more depth with an additional person or two. I am willing to do some pms to some of the people on Rohan's list, if you think this is a good idea.

In the Shire we routinely post notices in the Inn regarding game openings. I don't know if that is allowed her, but I could ask. Again, this is only if you wanted me to, so please let me know.

Finally, do you think it would do any good to go back to the original folk who did a profile and then vanished at some point without leaving us a note. (Are there some of those?) Again, in the Shire, I routinely do notes to those who haven't posted in two weeks. Sometimes it helps and sometimes not.

I do have one suggestion. If we are really short on people, we might be better off focusing our posts in one area rather than two. In other words, having most of us focus on the activity in Rhun which involves the freeing of the Entwives rather than delineating what's happening in Fangorn itself. It's always difficult to keep two subplots going. As it is, we're going to need to cover the good guys, the captives, and the bad guys. It may be hard to stretch further unless we pick up another poster or two.

Do either of you have ideas on this or other suggestions?

Cami
Old 07-06-2003, 02:30 PM   #238
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

It turns out I'm leaving around the 23rd or 24th rather than 25th or 26th, so that's a few less days I'll be here. However, if there's any way you can think that I can help, I'll try! I'm only in one other RPG at the moment, so I'll have free time to help in any way you want.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:23 PM   #239
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

VanimaEdhel,

How long will you be gone? Maybe you posted that before, but I can't seem to find it.

Cami
Old 07-06-2003, 03:41 PM   #240
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I'm leaving on the 26th of July, returning on the 9th of August (although if I'm lucky I will post once on each of my RPGs on saturday the 2nd(?)- well the saturday in the middle!)

I will play an Entwife and a baddie as long as I can post as (in)frequently as I currently do. Doing an Ent too might be stretching it...

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link