Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2003, 05:34 PM   #81
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks for the PM, Cami.
Could you paste this response in the save after your post?

~*~

Kirima hung her head, listening ashamedly to Guthwine. He was trying to help them, and she hadn't trusted him. She listen as Guthwine explained about the carts, and how they needed to be organized. "We could use a woman's hand in organizing this mess." he said. "Are you just going to stand there shivering, or try and help us?" He ran to begin loading one of the wagons.

Kirima ran to another wagon, thrilled that she could somehow help. She scooped up a basket of something--in the dark she could not see what it was--and moved to set it in the wagon. She realized that those who were loading were simply piling supplies into the wagons however they might fit. For a moment she considered ignoring it, but quickly changed her mind. If the wagons were going to the main camp, they should carry as much as they could, and space was being wasted.

Kirima hopped up into the wagon and began rearranging the supplies as quickly as she could, packing things together tightly. After a while, the others who were working to load the cart began handing bundles to her to load, rather than have her move them later. For a moment Kirima was taken aback, but she soon turned her mind to the task at hand, and fell to it with a will.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #82
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Arestevana,

The post is up. Guthwine thanks you for your assistance!

Tara,

If you need another bandit post slotted in, I can put it into any space with a heading showing that it's yours.

Cami

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:03 AM December 19, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 12-02-2003, 12:08 AM   #83
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Guthwine's save is filled. He has written a letter to the Council telling them to send the entire encampment forward one week after receipt of the letter.

I wonder what Lotar will think of that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cami
Old 12-02-2003, 03:52 AM   #84
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Thanks for the replies!

Tinuviel: You can post that Kandel is there. He will be by the time you've woken.

I shall post for that now.

In advance, please forgive me if Im scarce about here. I have a few exams to take care of, but they will al be settled by the end of the week [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 03:16 PM   #85
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tara,

Good luck on those tests! We will certainly understand if you're an infrequent visitor for the next few days.

Bree children--Oro, Novo, Esgallhugwen, Arwen, Chathol-linn, Nurumaiel

I am finishing a post for Andreth at the school. At the end of the post, she will ask the children to describe how they feel about the upsetting news they've heard and give her some ideas of what they and their families could do to help (taking in some of the farmers' families who will be displaced, or their livestock; helping to sort out the foods in the store room, whatever else you can dream up....)

Could some of you start working on this and let me know....? We could save some slots if that's the easiest thing to do.

These may be out last school posts as we'll be moving into the action sequences soon.

Cami

Edit: My post is done! Perhaps someone has relatives or friends on one of the farms that lies outside the city walls?

[ 6:35 PM December 02, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 12-02-2003, 03:23 PM   #86
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Oro,

Please clean out your pms! It was full. Thanks.

Cami
Old 12-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #87
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nova,

Your pm box also needs cleaning.

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Cami
Old 12-03-2003, 10:47 AM   #88
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

Quote:
Oro,
Please clean out your pms! It was full. Thanks.

Cami
Sorry about that. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I've "cleaned" it now, so if there's anything you wanted to....

~*~
I looked at the Shire list thingy.
Quote:
Breelanders All! - Annunfuiniel - 6496 - w/Child - 12/04 - (Child) - X
Is that still...on? Will it end the 4th?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:47 AM   #89
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Oro

I just changed the end date to 12/31. Hopefully we can be done by the end of the year! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 08:59 AM   #90
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tinuviel, Tara,

I saw your new posts in the save spaces...

Tara -- Did you want to add more onto your own post, or should Guthwine just come back and tell you what he's been up to?

I will have had the carts with the message already leave, so there is no way for Lotar to intercept Guthwine's letter. Will that work for you?

Please advise when I should go ahead.

Cami
Old 12-04-2003, 03:37 PM   #91
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Before I forget, I'd like to notify everyone that I'll be gone from 12/6 - 12/11, though there is a slight chance it will be a bit longer. I will be fairly inactive during the time previous to the trip, as well, as there is a lot of packing to do.

Thanks!

P.S. Child, for Edmund's post about the recent news... would you prefer to put up a SAVE that I can fill when I get back, or would you like to do it yourself? I would hate to make you do that; however, if you enjoyed playing Edmund I would not wish to keep you from it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 07:21 PM   #92
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thankyou for correcting my post Pio!

Go ahead Cami, that was all I was planning to add to the post.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:34 AM   #93
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru,

If you're still here, please check your pms.

Tara,

I'll go ahead and finish up Guthwine's conversation with Lotar tomorrow or Saturday. That should be the last of that sequence regarding the raid on the Farroweeds.

Cami

[ 12:52 PM December 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 12-06-2003, 01:49 PM   #94
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Time Compression occurring

I am moving the timeline of the game ahead about one week.

The hedge will be repaired up to the northern edge where a hole has been left that the bandits have previously used to gain access to Bree.

The dike and ditch are in working order - the ditch now bristling with sharpened staves hidden by a loose covering of leafy branches.

Most of the families, Big and Little Folk, from the outlying areas have come into town to stay, bringing in much of their produce and their herds of animals as they could - pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, several milk cows, etc.

Bree is crowded - the Big and Little Folk have no choice but be elbow to elbow with each other.

Tension is high. Rumours of droves of ruffians descending on the town are flying. It is an uncomfortable waiting game.

Please feel free to do a post how your character feels about all this and what he or she might be doing at this point.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:47 AM   #95
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

I filled in my save of 12/2 at 2:06 pm where Guthwine speaks with Lotar.

Tara: Please eyeball this post as I have used Lotar to speak several times. Let me know if you want any changes made.

Also, we've agreed to go ahead and split the work. Lotar and the older men will raid the farms. Guthwine will head the new recruits and try to keep a handle on their conduct and will also prepare the camp for the the refugees and gather information in town.

If there is a problem with this, let me know.

Bandits:

After Pio's time condense post, I will do a narrative post describing what's happened to Guthwine and his preparations in that seven day period.

If any of the bandts want to do a post reflecting back on that week -- either the raids on the farms, the hostility of the two leaders or anything else, please go ahead....

Cami

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:29 AM December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 12-09-2003, 12:27 AM   #96
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I had a look-see and all is good Child! Im fine with the split! Though Ill have Lotar feel a little defeated for a while [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ill hold posting till you have that narrative up [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tara
Old 12-10-2003, 09:08 AM   #97
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Chathol-linn, Tara,

Please check your pms and let me know....

Also, I will be doing Guthwine's general narrative on the one-week lapse today. I've been home sick from work with a bug and am just catching up on things now.

Cami
Old 12-10-2003, 09:19 AM   #98
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Child, thankyou for your PM. I did notice that post but thought that was tying in with your narrative.

Either way is fine with me really. Whichever fits in better with the story I suppose

Hope you get feeling 100% soon! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #99
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

A note of clarification

I have asked Chathol-linn to carry the character Minastan in her posts.

The bandits should also be able to use him in their posts as long as it doesn't concflict with the direction Chathol-lin is taking him.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 12-10-2003, 11:53 AM   #100
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

Hello again. I'm sorry for the long absence.
Here is one post for Rosie + family, and one post for Fippi at school.

Could you place the post for Rosie
Quote:
posted December 02, 2003 02:46 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAVE as needed
It's the save above Nova's spot. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Rosie
The sun was about to rise and the darkness to disappear. The morning was to come and Rosie woke. Beside her was Hedgar, still fast asleep. Rosie got up, and dressed. She wore one of her green dresses that morning, the colour she liked best. There were bright flowers on the dress, and it reminded her of spring. The season she liked best of all seasons...

She huddled down to the kitchen in a hurry so that she could make food ready for her husband and for Fippi. "Oh No!" There was no flour left. How could she bake now? Without flour, no baking... Rosie thought and sighed.

Why had she forgotten to take some from the mills the day before? Rosie gave a second sigh. “Oh well, I guess I have to run out to the mills, and see if there’s a bag with flour there,” Rosie said to herself as she grabbed her coat.

She ran across the field while the wind was blowing swiftly in her hair.
“You shouldn’t be running around like that, after what happened this night.” A hobbit cried. “What..?” Rosie cried back.

The Hobbit stood at the other side of the field and she ran faster so she would reach him. “You shouldn’t be running around like that.” The hobbit repeated as she came closer. Rosie could now see that the Hobbit was no less then the gardener to her neighbours.

“I don’t understand….” Rosie said and looked at him. “What has happened?” she said gravely. She knew it had to be something, because the hobbit looked as he was surprised that she didn’t know what had happened.

“Haven’t you heard?” The gardener asked surprisingly.

“You haven’t heard that a group of bandits attacked the Farroweed farm and took many of their belongings?” The hobbit asked Rosie and shook his head. Rosie’s eyes turned blank.

“W-What..?” She asked again in horror. “D-did anyone…..g-get hurt?” She asked again. “No, not that I know of….. They were lucky, I’m tellin’ ya…” The hobbit said still shaking his head from side to side in disgust of the bandits.

“So that’s why I cried for you Rosie.” The hobbits said. “We ought to be careful…You never know what could happen….not even here, a place we thought was safe.” The gardener added.

“Oh, thank you for you kindness,” Rosie said and shook her head as well. “I really hope that those bandits get caught, and of course that the Farroweed’s are fine….” Rosie said.

“I better get that flour quickly then,” Rosie said. “Hm?” The gardener muttered. “Oh, no….it’s just…I’m just going to get some flour at the mill, before I go back home. Silly me, forgot to bring it last night,” Rosie said. “Be careful then, and hurry!” The gardener said.

Rosie said good-bye to the gardener and walked the last bit to the mill. Luckily there was some flour left, so the running over the fields wasn’t in vain. While Rosie walked home, she thought of the bandits. What a horrible thing to do, she thought; to attack the Farroweed’s farm.

“Hedgar dear?” Rosie cried as she opened the door to the Hobbit hole. “Are you awake?” She cried. “Yes, I’m here Rosie,” a voice said. It was obviously Hedgar’s because Rosie found her husband sitting at the table at the kitchen.

“Have you heard…..?” Rosie said, now breathing heavily. “Heard what, honey?” Hedgar asked curiously. Rosie seated at the chair in front of him.

“So, you haven’t heard then?” She asked to be sure. “No…..I don’t think so,” Hedger muttered. “So, what’s this about?” hedger continued. “The Farroweed farm was attacked by bandits,” Rosie said quickly. Hedgar gazed. “A-attacked?”

“Yes, and the bandits stole some of their belongings as well,” Rosie said. “None were hurt however. They were very lucky,” Rosie added. “This is terrible news, my dear,” Hedgar said and rose from the chair. “I know,” Rosie replied and sighed.

“How did you get to know this, Rosie?” Hedgar asked. “Well, this morning I found out that there was not enough flour for baking so I went out to the mills to see if there were any. When I came across the fields the neighbour’s gardener informed me, and told me to be careful,” Rosie said and sighed again. “I agree, we should be careful,” Hedgar said and looked at Rosie. “What about Fippi then? Should we let him go to school?” Hedgar said.

Rosie needed a moment too think about this. She really didn’t want her little boy to be afraid. “Well, let’s not tell him. That will save him from being afraid. The boy doesn’t need to know,” Rosie concluded. The thing Rosie didn’t know was that Fippi had been standing in the next room, and listened to the whole conversation......

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Fippi
"Mima says I can't go work on the hedge anymore with Berilac. In fact, I can't go outside the walls at all. We all have to stay here. Why not? I liked helping the Ranger. And I was good at it."

Fippi felt sorry for Kali. Fippi as well wanted to help the ranger, even though there were dangerous bandits around. That would only mean that he would see Berilac, his hero, in action. Fippi smiled to himself, and decided to ask his mother when he came home if he still could join building the hedge.

Fippi raised his hand in the air as Kali had done before him. “Yes, Fippi?” Andreth asked.

“I’m not afraid of the bandits,” Fippi said and looked down. “Oh….” Andreth said. “I think it’s very good that you’re not being frightened by such people. We ought to stand against them. Right?” Andreth said. Fippi nodded.

“Childern….” Andreth began. “How did you get to know about the attack?” Andreth asked slowly. Fippi raised his hand again. “Yes, Fippi….”

“Well, my mom….she was picking up some flour at the mills and one of the gardeners to our neighbour told her. Then my mom told my dad. I don’t think I was supposed to hear it because they didn’t….tell…..um..me…” Fippi said and blushed.

“You eavesdropped?!?” Kali exclaimed. “Not really…” Fippi lied. “They were talking to each other.....Loudly...” Fippi said to defend himself.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Would you place this is in the save you made for Children's posts; posted December 04, 2003 02:24 PM?
Thanks!

Orofaniel
Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #101
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Pio could you please post this in the save after the children's save spot, Dec 4 I think it was also. Sorry I havn't been on in quite some time I've been so bloody busy with school and family, that once I get on to post I only have enough time to read and catch up before I have to get off again, it's very frustrating.
Is it too late to take in one of the farm families from outside of Bree? I'm sure Poppy and Gaffer Goldworthy would be glad to take someone in.

Lily post:

Lily fidgeted in her desk, all this talk about the bandits made Lily uneasy; although, Poppy had told her not to worry and to be brave it would be over hopefully soon than they can go back to their peaceful lives. Lily hoped that it was true and that no one would get really badly hurt.

She put up her hand next after Fippi was done, 'yes Lily' Andreth smiled reassuring her it was ok to speak. 'Well..' she paused 'Poppy told me that they were coming she said I had the right to know, there are no secrets in her house' she stopped again and pulled one of her golden curls 'and she also told me not to be afraid that all of us big and little folk should stick together and we'll get through it'.

Some of the class had become encouraged while others were still slightly nervous, Little Lily included, she clutched her stone pendant tightly. If there was any more work to be done anywhere including dealing with the hedge Lily would be there, with Poppy of course, helping out by her side.

Lily added a final statement, 'I'll do anything I can, I'm not afraid to help!'.

Poppy's post:

Poppy busied herself about the hole, cleaning and doing some last baking and cooking for the day. The gaffer couldn't help but snicker as Poppy fluttered about the house like some butterfly or hummingbird.

She was doing all she could to keep her mind away from worrying about the bandits that were going to come. Poppy had hoped and wished so dearly that it wasn't so, that perhaps they had changed their minds, but she knew it was foolish to think that; they would come and everyone was doing what they could to prepare for it.

The young hobbit lass sighed taking a seat next to her gaffer and sipping on some peppermint tea. The family they had taken in was busy about the town seeing to supplies and what they could do to further help.

Poppy was glad everything seemed to be working out, although Bree looked as if it had become smaller with the sudden increase of people. Yes it was no doubt more crowded than it had ever been but that was something that needed to be done for the safety of everyone.

It this conflicts with anything let me know I'll be glad to fix it up.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:48 AM December 11, 2003: Message edited by: Esgallhugwen ]
Old 12-11-2003, 04:20 PM   #102
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Arwen,

I put up the post you sent me by pm. It's in the space for December 4 at 2:33 pm.

Everything looks fine!

Esgallhugwen,

Your post went up on December 4 right after mine. (2:25 pm) It fit in perfectly there.

Yes, there's still time to take in an outlying family. I'll save a spot for you if you find time to do a post where Poppy and Gaffer take in a family. (If not, we'll just erase it later.)

Put it up on the discussion thread and Pio or I will paste it in. Maybe you could mention that this was the very last family who was coming into town, and that they had been raided the night before? (Remember the bandits are still out there raiding!)

I'm glad we're continuing to make progress even if it is slow going. This is a busy time of year with exams, school break, the holidays, plus the movie coming out!

Everyone:- Please remember to let us know if you expect to be away for any extended period of time. That way we can carry your character.

We are going to be moving into an "action" segment next -- the children will try and rescue the bunnies for fear that they will end up in the stew pot. Only they will find find themselves in even bigger trouble! We'll give you more details as the posts go up how this will fit together.

Bandits,

I need a volunteer (or two) to sneak into town with Guthwine to gather information on the layout of the city. It could be Kandel or Soran or Kirima. Maybe you are curious what is out there in Bree, or you don't trust Guthwine and want to keep an eye on him.

We will get in through the hole in the hedge. Feel free to describe what you're seeing and feeling as you look around the town.

Please let me know on this thread or by pm if you want to do it....

Cami
Old 12-11-2003, 10:52 PM   #103
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

*raises hand* I'd like to do it! I don't think Soran really wants to go on any more raids, and spying is less, um, accident prone than raiding. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #104
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tinuviel,

Sounds good! I'll send you a pm tomorrow with some background information to help set the scene....

Cami
Old 12-12-2003, 12:22 AM   #105
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just checking, is the direction on Minastan post been decided? Once thats settled I can post again for Lotar....

Kandel will volunteer too if you need him [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 01:09 AM   #106
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tara,

Chathol-linn told me she was going to put a reference in her post on Minastan that he talked to both Lotar and Guthwine at the same time. I haven't checked yet to see if she's actually added that reference to Guthwine. But, either way, you can go ahead and assume that's the way it was done.

Hope that helps.

Also, do bring Kandel along. Guthwine isn't telling Lotar about his little expedition.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] But maybe Lotar hears about it and sends Kandel along to keep an eye on Guthwine? Or maybe Kandal gets tired of having his dad tell him what he can't do and decides to strike out on his own? You'll probably want to come up with some explanation as to why he decides to go.

Cami
Old 12-12-2003, 01:20 AM   #107
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nurumaiel,

Hope that your trip went well.

Once things settle down, please check your pms. We're just starting the sequence where Edmund and the children rescue the bunnies.

I'll keep writing for Edmund (and Kali) until I hear from you.

Cami
Old 12-13-2003, 10:22 PM   #108
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ill get right on it Child, thanks!
Old 12-14-2003, 10:52 PM   #109
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Our game now looks like a string of saves! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Actually, there is a reason for this. We need to coordinate the two sides of the game (Breelanders and bandits) very closely because they will touch and blend at one point, and the bandits need to get out of town faster than the children. The saves will help us to keep that chronology intact....

So please put posts on the discussion thread and Pio or I will paste them in.

Tara and Tinuviel,

I left two saves for each of you to describe what happens to Soran and Kandel in Bree. Guthwine will go off on his own and ask you to meet back at the north gate by early evening. I will probably focus on surveying the layout of the streets and gates. Nothing special. I'll also pick up an item or two of food (real luxuries by bandit standards!) to take back with us.

You can do whatever you'd like in the city: survey the gates and hedge, the cache of weapons the Breelanders plan to use, go out spying, or even get into some minor trouble. Just get out of there alive!

There's just one thing you can't do, and that is eat! Please be hungry and bone tired! We will stop in a secluded forest grove just north of the city to light a fire and cook some dinner before heading back to camp. (I've put a save up for that -- we can decide how we parcel out that action between us later.) Our dinner will be rudely interrupted, and we will have to leave very quickly with the embers of the fire still aglow.....

Meanwhile, that same evening in Bree ....

Bree Children:

Any of the children are welcome to participate in the rabbit rescue.

I've put up some saves so you can describe sneaking out of the house and meeting near the hole in the hedge so we can slip outside and bring the rabbits to the hole.

The placing of the rabbits in the cave won't come till our next series of posts.

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas.

Cami

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:54 PM December 14, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 12-15-2003, 12:13 AM   #110
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks for that Child!

Tinuviel, would you like Soran and Kandel to wander about together? If so, just let me know and Ill put something together and run it past you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 12:19 PM   #111
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pearl and Hamson Comfrey are awaiting a signal from any of their friends at the tree by the north edge of the Hedge. They've brought the bunny cages!

~*~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 10:01 PM   #112
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Just posting to more or less say I am here, again. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2003, 11:05 AM   #113
Erulon_7

Sting

Pio Cami

This is Eruantalon. I can no longer open my account here......I have missed this place. I hope its not deleted?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eruantalon

Check your PM's.

Also - are you planning on posting in this game when it is reopened after the first of the year?

~*~ Pio

If I still can yes. If the storys moved to far along then no. I wouldn't want to interupt the flow of the game just so I can start writing again.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:46 PM December 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 12-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #114
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Good good. Need to catch up. I just noticed I have a save for me, havn't been on in a few days so I'll post one up to fill it in. I'll just make up a name for the family then.

Poppy's family taking in the last family on the outskirts of Bree:

'Come in come in, please we have your room all ready and cleaned Mister and Misses Gardener' Poppy took hold of their luggage and gave them a tour of the hole 'It might take some getting use to, you living in a house and not a hole but it's comfy and cozy all the same' she smiled and showed them their room.

Bell and Gorbadoc thanked Poppy and Gaffer Goldworthy graciously unable to find proper words to pay homage to their kindness. Poppy blushed and laughed, 'oh come now, no need to thank us, we're just doing our part is all' the Gaffer said pouring some tea inviting them to sit down for a wee bit and try to relax.

It was akward trying to have a half decent conversation the Gardener's had been raided the night before and they were one of the very last families to have come to Bree for sanctuary. None the less they tried to lighten the mood and Lily thought it would help if she showed them a little dance she had been practicing with some of the children at school.

She spun about the room her pink dress twirling about her, she looked like a delicate gold and pink flower taking in the warmth of the sun on a cool spring day. Little Lily skipped and hopped from side to side and she ended with a curtsy, they clapped, applauding her performance.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #115
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Thanks, Esgallhugwen! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Your post is on board.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-22-2003, 02:11 PM   #116
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

~*~ OOC note about halting the Game for the Holidays ~*~

Since this is the Holiday season, and most of us are busy with family and friends, Cami and I have decided to put the Game on hold until after the start of the New Year.

I will leave the Game and the Discussion Thread open, in case you want to post something there, and one of us mods will probably check it at least once a day. Once the Holidays are over, we’ll get back into the swing of the Game and bring it to a satisfying conclusion.

See you then!

~*~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am also extending the end date for the Game.

Can we try to wrap it up by 01/22/04?

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:37 PM January 04, 2004: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 12-22-2003, 05:51 PM   #117
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Everything seems to be working now!

Now to read and get things orginzed and see if Rudgar can still help those bandits out!
Old 12-28-2003, 11:22 PM   #118
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Bandits,

I have filled in a save for Guthwine on December 14 at 10:03 pm. Guthwine has brought Rudgar, Soran, and Kandel into the city of Bree through the hole in the hedge and has told them to meet back outside the Pony in a few hours' time.

Tara, Tinuviel, and Eruantalon,

You are welcome to start working on your Bree posts, either now during the holidays or later when the game officially reopens after the beginning of the year. Please put your posts up on the discussion thread and Pio or I will paste them up in the game.

You can have whatever adventures you'd like but have your post end by taking you back outside the Pony. I will do a summary post getting us out of the city and stopping for a bit at some wooded groves just north of the city where a minor accident will occur! Please don't eat or drink in the city but be as hungry as you want! You haven't eaten all day....

Cami
Old 01-04-2004, 09:13 AM   #119
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Welcome back to Breelanders!

Now that the holidays are over, we are "officially" reopening the game.

Basically, we hope to finish up the story within the next three weeks. Our general outline is as follows:

1. Have Kandel, Rudgar, Soran, and Guthwine explore the streets of Bree and pick up some information that will help them in their attack of the town, meet back near the Pony, and exit the town. Have any adventures you like but get out of town safely!

2. Have the four bandits exit the town but stop briefly in the hills just north of the cave to light a campfire and get a bite to eat before making the several hours' trek back to camp.

3. Have the children meet near the hole in the hedge and sneak out with the rabbits, taking them to the cave for safekeeping.

4. The children will run into just a minor problem, and there will need to be a rescue.... (This part will play itself out, and you will quickly see what is going on.)

5. At the same time, the main party of refugees will be arriving in the bandits' camp and the decision will be made to attack.

Perhaps, Lotar and Guthwine will lock horns once more?

6. Final battle scenes....

So we have our work cut out for us. Check your mailbox for a pm sometime today!

ArwenBaggins wrote us a note and explained that her computer no longer has access to the Downs. She's been having this problem on and off for some time, and now it's really bottomed out! At Arwen's request, Pio and I are going to carry along her characters.

You are welcome to interact with them in your posts as needed.

Cami
Old 01-04-2004, 02:11 PM   #120
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Cami I'm sorry if I have tested your patience. I have been trying this is what I have so far. If it needs anything let me know and I'll work on it.

Looking around at the hurried city he wondered what he could learn. Now how do these people ever expect to fight us off if they can’t organize there city. Walking down an allay way he heard two men talking. They where at the end of this twisting and turning stone path.

“When do you think those bandits are going to attack?” Asked the first man.

“When there good and ready! They don’t seem to be in any hurry. I have heard lots of stories about bandits raiding farms, though.” The other replied.

“Our mayor and his men have some good plans….but I really don’t know what’s going to happen with this town.” Said the first man.

“they’ll get there’s if they try and get into the city. We have good walls and protection. We just have to get a few more things.” Replied the other.

He knew these Bree people where sneaker than he thought now. No use in listening to two people who know nothing more than town gossip, he had better things to take care of. He walked into a small pub. Sat in the corner where no one else was. The bar maid asked if he wanted anything. He answered “Only to get out of the cold for a few moments and not be bothered.”

He looked around at the people. Some drinking away, some looking vary worried. He keep the faces of the worried ones in sight at all times. Some of them sat at a table together. Some where alone, maybe they knew something. After a few minutes he decided not to sit there longer. They didn’t look like they would open up to stranger. The drunks he didn’t want anything to do with.

It was getting vary late now. Time to get back to the meeting place. The prancing pony was waiting with his cohorts. Nothing much done or seen. He had to get back quickly now. Hoping he didn’t miss them.