Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #441
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I did mention Minas Mor-go before; there is a sort of continuity going on with The Barrow Wight and his friends. I thought that with Mt Zoom... erm... zooming I'd include some of the other MZC vehicles just as an extra joke...
If it's too much I'll change it, but I was thinking of Minas Mor-go becoming a recurring enemy sort of thing.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #442
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just an explanation of what I mean by "pure fantasy": I tried to make sure that my crazy anakronism thing was plausibly tied into features of the Legendarium. Thus you have the Blue Istari as the "evil" founders of the entire anakronism system. Thus, there is an at least plausible mechanism for all the crazy stuff that happens in Mordor.

Mount Zoom, now, I don't know how it moves. How did it come loose from its vast cavernous maw of fire and flame and magma? Where did the wheels come from? If these questions have Legendarium-based answers, then you don't have pure fantasy. If they don't, then it's not anchored down, which makes it pure fantasy.

At least, that's how I look at it. But hey, that's just me. Thought I'd 'splain.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:06 AM   #443
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Well, as the founder of Zoomology at the University of the Barrow Downs, I feel I can offer some incite into the moving mountains and Cities. (And by the way, Fea made Mount Zoom Move in this game, not me )

Sauron was working on modifications to Mount Doom in order to make it move, modifications like creating a secondary magma chamber inside the Mountain itself and cutting it off from the lower vents. The wheels were made out of steel and placed there soon after the magma chamber was completed. Yet Sauron did not have the power to remove the Mountain from the ground nor did he have the technology to make it move.
When the anakronism came along, the new ruler of Mount Doom found that the technology was now readily available and in the course of ATM1 the mountain was removed from the ground with big knives. The wheels, however, were now covered in years of dust and ashes, making them blend into the mountain. When the Mountain started its engine for the first time, the ash and dust fell from the wheels and the Mountain was able to ZOOOOOMM!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:32 AM   #444
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Sauron was working on modifications to Mount Doom in order to make it move, modifications like creating a secondary magma chamber inside the Mountain itself and cutting it off from the lower vents. The wheels were made out of steel and placed there soon after the magma chamber was completed. Yet Sauron did not have the power to remove the Mountain from the ground nor did he have the technology to make it move.
When the anakronism came along, the new ruler of Mount Doom found that the technology was now readily available and in the course of ATM1 the mountain was removed from the ground with big knives. The wheels, however, were now covered in years of dust and ashes, making them blend into the mountain. When the Mountain started its engine for the first time, the ash and dust fell from the wheels and the Mountain was able to ZOOOOOMM!
Well, that explains everything.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #445
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
So... what's with the talking cat? A figment of Skittles' imagination?
Old 07-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #446
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It could really be a talking cat or it could be a figment of her imagination. What do you guys want it to be?
Old 07-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #447
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

It could be a hallucination, or you have to (*Puts of LMP face*) justify its anachronistic existence.

I side with LMP here. We are going a little nuts. And I'm not just bitter than Angawen can't join in...
Old 07-28-2006, 04:19 PM   #448
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Hey, I was up front in my bio about the fact that Skittles would be all nuts all the time.

Wasn't there a talking crow named Johnny Depp in ATM I? Among other bizarre travesties of nature?

Regardless, it will probably be funnier if the cat appears intelligent and articulate to only Skittles and looks and sounds like a regular Siamese to everyone else. So if you want to write a post in which Angawen watches Skittles carry on a one sided conversation with the cat, go ahead.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #449
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey Diamond, Igor has just attached himself to the Skittles party. Hope that's ok, he's sort of appointed himself as bodyguard, or at least as there-to-stitch-her-up-just-in-case guard.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #450
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Igor is welcome aboard. I'd post a Skittles response but I won't be able to until Sunday, probably. So, just for the record, Hissyfit the cat is real. We were just discussing whether or not she actually speaks English.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #451
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
So, just for the record, Hissyfit the cat is real. We were just discussing whether or not she actually speaks English.
Indeed. We know this, Igor does not. No one else has mentioned the cat so it's a fair question in his mind
Old 07-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #452
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Wasn't there a talking crow named Johnny Depp in ATM I?
No, dearest Diamond, there was absolutely not.

He was a sparrow.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #453
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
He was a sparrow.
Because: Jack Sparrow.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:55 AM   #454
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Aww, Kath, you remembered! *nuzzle*

Yes, I actually posted.

Dracomir is still in the room right? Where's Roggie gone? I'm slightly lost.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #455
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Dracomir is still in the room, but Anguirel is unable to write him, given that he's gone; therefore write as though he's there, but avoid anything to which Ang would need to respond. I have no idea where Roggie is. I don't remember whether or not he was ever even in the room. Given that Roggie's writer is a bit unable to post for him right now , consider him not to be around and if I've said anything that contradicts it, I'll edit it later.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #456
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ale eh, tugwubs?

Does Mordor have a law regarding alcohol and minors? What's the age limit for minors there, anyway?

(Whether or not Maika is still considered a minor, she'll pass on the question to Smilog...so get ready Hookbill! )

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-02-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #457
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Does Mordor have a law regarding alcohol and minors? What's the age limit for minors there, anyway?
Unlikely. Though if you want laws, go ahead and put them in.

There isn't one. Pick one if you like.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #458
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Save filled. Maika was too distracted to think of any law whatsoever, or so her writer reasons out.

Your turn, Hookbill.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #459
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Sig, Hooky.

Great work, everyone. I love it.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #460
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Would anyone be opposed to me zig-zagging Mt. Zoom to a new temporary destination? It sort of is needed to pursue the Panakeia/Anakron plot outline....

If I haven't heard any protests by this time tomorrow, I'll go ahead with my plans....
Old 08-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #461
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Hook, did you just make Maika drink? That, uh, complicates things a bit.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:16 AM   #462
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Apologies for the double post.

I've found a solution, Hook - just make the Gondorians drink and leave Maika out. She's Mordorian, anyway, and does not need to try something from her own land.

If we can get around the ending of Hook's last post, I propose that the ambassadors take a break from the talks and let them "romp with the anakronisms," as Elempi said. What say you all?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #463
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Sorry about the confusion, I wasn't really concentration when I wrote my last post, as you can plainly see.
I'll make some changes.

Quote:
Would anyone be opposed to me zig-zagging Mt. Zoom to a new temporary destination? It sort of is needed to pursue the Panakeia/Anakron plot outline....
I'm sure a Mountain needs to re-fuel every now and again. That can be your explanation.

Also...

Quote:
It didn't help that Mount Zoom took up all three lanes of the highway
What about...

Quote:
It didn't help that Mount Zoom took up all three lanes of the highway, as well as much of the land either side.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-06-2006 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #464
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Soo, what was the closure all about?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #465
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Soo, what was the closure all about?
The Closure was a 1960s sitcom staring Sean Bean and Michael Moore as a pair of super sleuths looking for adventure in downtown Leeds. Their adventures included the discovering of an abandoned mine filled with ghosts and learning the secret of the Mayor's office (he kept panthers in it).

The show ran for three seasons before it was cancelled due to vast swelling. Fans of the show demanded for it to be brought back for the conclusion to the third season was...

Oh I really can't be bothered.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #466
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks, Hooky. Edited accordingly.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #467
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, Hyarmenwë has done a Skittles, and walked out on the "negotiations"- taking Maika with him.

As always, if there are any character mis-characterizations, let me know... and all that stuff. You know the drill.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #468
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Elempi - Forgot to mention that the media van followed Panakeia on her trip. She just didn't notice. So they ought to pull up in a few moments to catch the happy reunion on kamura. Feel free to deal with them as you see fit.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #469
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Celuien, that is perfect perfect (almost) perfect and funny funny funny! I was thinking about having them meet precisely where the roads change from American rules to British rules, but we could write that in anyway.

The "almost" is a mere nitpick. Lundun is on the Sea of Nurnen, way to the south of the plains of Gorgoroth, where Lost Angles is located. So Panakeia would be traveling NORTHbound to catch him up. And turning into an orc just at that moment is a great twist!

I'd rep ya but this stooooopid computer...... blah blah blah....
Old 08-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #470
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
So Panakeia would be traveling NORTHbound to catch him up.
Have I ever mentioned that I spend most of my life being lost...including when indoors? North and south are now returned to their proper locations.
Quote:
I was thinking about having them meet precisely where the roads change from American rules to British rules, but we could write that in anyway.
Yes! Let's do that.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #471
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Post up. Sorry, Formy.

If I stepped on some toes, please yell "Ouch!"

EDIT:
Quote:
"Lady Maika," Hyarmenwë began tentatively, "do those - people - in the broom shed, do they, by any chance, bear any relation to Dracomir Malfoidacil?"
It's from my post. Does he know that Dracomir's a wizard, and does he know the distinguishing characteristics of wizards? Have I just effectively assigned him to Mordor with this?

Are Harry, Professor Dumbledore, and Professor Kirke even supposed to be in Mordor?

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-17-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #472
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Post up. Sorry, Formy.

If I stepped on some toes, please yell "Ouch!"

EDIT: It's from my post. Does he know that Dracomir's a wizard, and does he know the distinguishing characteristics of wizards? Have I just effectively assigned him to Mordor with this?
Doubtful if he KNOWS... but I wouldn't be surprised if he detected a similarity in some respects...

Quote:
Are Harry, Professor Dumbledore, and Professor Kirke even supposed to be in Mordor?
Maybe they aren't...

But Hairy, Professor Bumblebore, and Professor Kerke may well be...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #473
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

They are in Mordor if only because we had them there in the first ATM. Tom Felton whined about them a few times. Given that they bear relation to him, they are perfectly acceptable in whatever way they are used.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #474
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

So I suppose I don't need to edit anything, and Hyarmenwë's safe?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #475
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hey all. I'm off to the Peak District for a week as a celebratory holiday so please Di feel free to use Igor as you wish. Put words in his mouth if you need, I'll yell at you for them later

I'll be back on Thursday.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #476
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
So I suppose I don't need to edit anything, and Hyarmenwë's safe?
Looks like it...
Old 08-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #477
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Being Gandalf Mithrandir

It's time for Iceland's ninth favourite pass time- spot the obscure film reference in my latest post.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #478
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
It's time for Iceland's ninth favourite pass time- spot the obscure film reference in my latest post.
"Being John Malkovich". I never finished it, it was too bizarre, but there is no forgetting it. Darn, that was easy.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:02 AM   #479
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
"Being John Malkovich". I never finished it, it was too bizarre, but there is no forgetting it. Darn, that was easy.
Well done. You win... erm... a box of... boxes.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:25 AM   #480
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I've kidnapped your characters, Hooka, for some completely pointless and more than a little random ice cream humor. Hope you don't mind.