The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2003, 04:09 PM   #41
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

It was brought to my attention that this is indeed in the wrong section. Moving to N&N.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:57 PM   #42
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I'll third, or fourth (or however many) the nomination for "The Fairy Wife". I cried.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:00 AM   #43
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fanfiction.net has some wonderful work. So does the site here, in particular Quest For The Pizza Ring of Power, of which I have long since been a fan.

Oh, and anyone who reads the work on BD fanfiction and has read Rejected, thank you very much.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:46 PM   #44
Estella Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Estella Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Estella Brandybuck
Sting

Ooh, do I have a list for this...

My favorite fanfic would probably be Memories of Rose by Chloe. It's a Sam/Rosie fic, very sweet, and extremely well-written.

And if you like hobbits, or Aragorn, or just Fellowship stories in general, I highly recommend anything by shirebound.

Faramir fans should definitely check out M.N. Thesis's The Last Straw. Very funny, and actually very sweet. Also by M.N. Thesis - Salvation, a really beautiful vignette about Éowyn (with mention of Faramir, of course [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).

And for the really funny stuff, there's Camilla Sandman's The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth (aka OFUM). It's definitely a bit different than most fics, seeing as how it's finally Gimli who gets the girl. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Now I would mention my own fics over at FF.N, but compared to the stories I've recommended, mine are definitely nothing spectacular. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

And by the way, thanks to whoever posted the link to Henneth Annûn. I've been wanting to go there for awhile. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"But the Rohirrim sang no more. Death they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards." - RotK

Do you enjoy reading and writing LotR fanfiction?
Estella Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote