The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2003, 07:13 AM   #1
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Rotk Research Questionnaire

There is a questionnaire I have just filled in, and it asked me to pass it on, so I thought I would.<P>It asks for your opinions on Return of the King- reason you went to see it, what your feelings were... and I'm sure a lot of you will have great fun filling in the disappointments box <P><A HREF="http://www.lordoftheringsresearch.net/" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is the link.<P>And as expected of me, I did put that the three reasons I wanted to see the film were Denethor, Denethor, and Denethor.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Hopefully it really is an innocent survey and not just an attempt to control our minds using subtle radio waves and/or space aliens.<P>All I did was drive home my feelings that the film was really good, but could have been so much better.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:18 PM   #3
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I did it, wasn't so bad...I thought about giving my phone number, but then slapped myself at how crazy that would be of me. I don't want strangers knowing how to call me. <P>Oh, and Meela, after seeing Denethor on the big screen and in the books, all I can say is that you must be crazy...the guy is after all.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM   #4
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Poor Meela, you must be heartbroken at how the films ruined your man.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:50 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I'm not at all heartbroken I did expect a little more, but he is pretty darn hot (no pun intended...). I thought he was extremely well done... now I really am just walking into these puns, aren't I...<P>I'll shut up.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:16 PM   #6
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I thought about giving my phone number, but then slapped myself at how crazy that would be of me. I don't want strangers knowing how to call me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Same here. I thought "Oh, cool, I could say something really smart and be famous!", only to be followed by "How stupid do you think I am?" Apparently quite a bit.<P>I mostly said good things, although I stated my disappointment with some scenes (Pyre of Denethor, the beginning, Gandalf telling Pippin to get up), I also praised other scenes very much (the end scenes, especially the return to the Shire, and Pippin's song). I mostly tried to say very intelligent and profound things, so that I wouldn't be stereotyped because of my "female under 16" category (we all know what that usually means). Overall I used as a medium to promote my favorite scenes and campaign for a best Supporting Actor award for Sean Astin. How bad of me. But I think I'm probably the only person who actually counted the words to make sure I wasn't over the limit. <P>EDIT: Meela, too funny.<p>[ 8:18 PM December 19, 2003: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 05:25 AM   #7
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I counted every single word as well
Old 12-20-2003, 10:56 PM   #8
faenaduial

Silmaril

The hardest part of the questionaire for me was when they wanted you to pick the single most memorable scene. That was tough.<P>I also had to count my words. I could have gone on much longer than they wanted!