The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2003, 01:44 AM   #1
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Are Elladan and Elrohir going to make an appearance?

With all the talk of no prince Imrahil, id like to know whether Elladan and Elrohir are going to be in ROTK?... anyone know?

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:47 AM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm sure i heard that they were replaced by Arwen, but I may be mistaken. I would like to think they would be there, even if its only as background characters (ie. stood beside Aragorn or whoever as he leads the army into battle). I mean, they were in Fotr. Why not Rotk?
Old 04-13-2003, 05:32 AM   #3
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

WHAT???? Arwen can't replace them she doesn't belong there! She already stole Glorfindel's place she can't steal Elladan and Elrohir's too! <BR>And I didn't know they were in FoTr?? Where? Where?
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:40 AM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Those two elves, either side of Elrond were apparently them. It would make sense, anyway.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:40 PM   #5
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Over the last year fans have speculated about whether or not the Sons of Elrond along with the Grey Company would make an appearance in THE RETURN OF THE KING. Well I would like to make my own speculation about the matter...<P>I was just reading the chapter THE PASSING OF THE GREY COMPANY and in it the Sons of Elrond along with the Grey Company, the Dúnedain of the North, come to join Aragorn in Rohan. Aragorn then reveals his plans to walk the Paths of the Dead and to accompany him are: Legolas, Gimli, Elrohir, Elladan, and the Dúnedain of the North.<P>Therefore unless PJ totally changes things in ROTK (and I know it's fully possible that he will) where the Paths of the Dead are concerned, I theorize that both the Sons of Elrond AND the Grey Company WILL APPEAR in the movie...<P>Amy<BR>~~*~~<BR><I>'I have a sword,' said Merry, climbing from his seat, and drawing from its black sheath his small bright blade. Filled suddenly with love for this old man, he knelt on one knee, and took his hand and kissed it. 'May I lay the sword of Meriadoc of the Shire on your lap, Théoden King?' he cried, 'Receive my service, if you will!'<P>'Gladly will I take it,' said the king; and laying his old hands upon the brown hair of the hobbit, he blessed him. 'Rise now, Meriadoc, esquire of Rohan of the household of Meduseld.' he said. 'Take your sword and bear it unto good fortune!'<P>'As a father you shall be to me,' said Merry.<P>'For a little while,' said Théoden.</I><P>Merry and Théoden<BR>The Passing of the Grey Company<BR>LOTR: The Return of the King
Old 04-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #6
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I'm not sure about Arwen being there, but I don't think that Elladan and Elrohir will be. Not sure why, I just don't <BR>I also hope that if they put in the Dunedain (which they probably won't) they will probably screw up on Halbarad, who was my favorite character in the books, and I will want to murder PJ. Just wanted to say that. <BR>Edit: Just reading over this post, I realize how, err, optimistic I'm becoming. <p>[ April 13, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 04-13-2003, 05:48 PM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm not sure about Arwen being there <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Arwen will be there, you can be almost sure of it. What happens after that with her is the question.<P>H.C.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:59 PM   #8
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Perhaps they will be one of those characters who are not told are actually them, if that made any sense to anyone! Like Grishnak in TTT, or the hobbit who talks to the Nazgul in FOTR(who many speculate is Farmer Maggot). In other words, they may be there but they are not called by name, or at least not explained who exactly they are.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:04 PM   #9
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Possibly. Like, to add some more examples, Gil-Galad, Erestor, and Galdor.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:59 PM   #10
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

nooooo! i was on the <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/movie/cast.html" TARGET=_blank>one ring</A> and it doesnt say there are any actors playing them. grrrr, stupid horse theif.<P>still hope they might be in it they better.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:42 PM   #11
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

They wouldn't list any actors that didn't have lines.<P>H.C.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:36 AM   #12
secretfire
Pile O'Bones

secretfire has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Wouldn't it be neat if Peter Jackson will show all the previously unshown characters (Bombadil, Glorfindel, Rivendell twins, etc.)in the arrival of guests for the midsummer wedding of Arwen and Aragorn? Just a brief glimpse of them would be enough for me. Okay, I know Bombadil didn't attend but it's PJ's last chance to show him.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #13
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

To me, giving them an obvious token appearance (especially Bombadil as having him there doesn't make any sense) is worse than not having them there at all.<P>H.C.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:00 PM   #14
Mlo
Haunting Spirit

Mlo has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwen will definitely be there. I'm sure. <P>And Elladan & Elrohir will probably NOT be in the movie 'cause I just checked the imbd (internet movie database) and they were not listed. Too bad, would like to see them, and Imrahil too (his cool!) but you can't have so many characters in a movie, makes people who haven't read the book confused... <P>But Ghan-buri-Ghan is going to be in it Yay! I always thought PJ would cut him out...<P>Ok, enough of my babbling
Mlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 11:58 PM   #15
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>They wouldn't list any actors that didn't have lines. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>there is still hope.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 05:07 AM   #16
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ghan-buri-ghan will be in it? Yay! *Does a little dance* What a relief!
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 05:37 AM   #17
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Arwen will be there, you can be almost sure of it. What happens after that with her is the question. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Maybe they'll just give her a "womanly" scene. Like, either another love scene with Aragorn *groan* or a saving by Aragorn from a possible capture by orcs. Something like that. I wonder if she and Eoqyn will meet... if PJ did a scene like that, and did it well, it would be interesting, though totally off-Tolkien.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:30 AM   #18
Mlo
Haunting Spirit

Mlo has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm... I don't think she'll have a love scene... Actually, I think she'll have a fighting scene, coz I've scene pictures of her in a fight (well it <B>looks</B> like a fight) at <A HREF="http://www.fantasyplanet.cz/lotr/galeriefilm.asp" TARGET=_blank>fantasyplanet</A>. Just search for Arwen and they should come up somewhere in the middle of the first page. The pics are quite fuzzy, I know, but you can still see it's Arwen. And if you continue to page 4, you'll find a pic of her (Arwen v jezdeckém) in fighting clothes. And she's got her hair tied up and she has dirt on her face. So, she's proably going to have a fight scene... Or I might be totally wrong... but she will be in RotK anyway for her wedding, ofcourse . PJ would never cut <B>that</B> out....
Mlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #19
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

An important thing to understand with Arwen is that when they were first designing her it was as a sort of warrior princess. They then realized that wasn't working and very early on completely revamped her look to what we've seen in the films. This means there will be production and test shots of her in warrior garb. Does that mean that she won't fight? No. Does that mean that she will fight? No. You have to take these pictures with a grain of salt.<P>Having said that, here's one of the pics that many of us have seen.<P> <P>To me this doesn't look like she is in warrior garb and came there to fight, but rather that she got caught in the middle of something.<P>Editted to add: Okay, rethinking this picture. It's been mentioned on other threads that this looks like Helm's Deep as it seems there was evidence that Arwen was there filming scenes. How's this for a scenerio, concerned about setting up events for RotK the original concept was to have Arwen bring the sword to Aragorn before the attack at Helm's Deep, likely arriving with Haldir and company. This idea was then abandoned, likely PJ fearing the wrath of Tolkien fans. This pushes Arwen showing up at the beginning of RotK but it also means that the above battle shot will never be seen.<P>H.C.<p>[ April 15, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 04-21-2003, 12:48 AM   #20
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Acctually, now you mention Arwen fighting, i do think ive seen a good quality picture of her in fighting gear, red, was the colour, if only I could remember where i saw it!... But i really hope Elladan and Elrohir are in it! C'mon, Arewn cant save the day all the time!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote